Random Info About You

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, sentry or watch duty of some sort, either military or civilian. Not so difficult. I have a friend who just about ran the private security contractor he was hired by inside of a couple of years... not because he was a go-getter, but because just about everyone else there was borderline incompetent, and he was of normal function. In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man rises through the command structure.

Mr Master said:
So, sentry or watch duty of some sort, either military or civilian. Not so difficult. I have a friend who just about ran the private security contractor he was hired by inside of a couple of years... not because he was a go-getter, but because just about everyone else there was borderline incompetent, and he was of normal function. In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man rises through the command structure.

Military actually, not half bad on the guess. Not quite a sentry though I do preform those duties as part of my job. While I won't say what branch I will say that it is American and I am an MP

We are reasonably represented with the military and ex-military on this board. Kudos for volunteering to serve your country, good sir. :) Just remember your right to disobey immoral and unjust orders (which is just general advice that I think every human being ought to remember all their lives), and keep your head down. Good luck to you!

And because people might be wondering where my user name comes from, when I was in training my instructors and fellow team members were convinced I knew everything a "walking Google", so they called me google most of the time and quized me often on everything from Roman History (go Caligula) to M-Theory.

DamningTheHeavens said:
Fact: -sigh- i think there's something wrong with me. I can't seem to keep friends.

Why does this sound oh so familiar? Oh wait, that's because we just covered this a few pages back. There's nothing wrong with you that can't be fixed with a little hard work on your part. Try it sometime. You might be amazed by the results.

Google said:
Military actually, not half bad on the guess. Not quite a sentry though I do preform those duties as part of my job. While I won't say what branch I will say that it is American and I am an MP

Well I'm going to say you're Army...possibly Marines but I'm leaning Army.

Air Force don't call their police officers "MP's" they call them Security Forces.

If you are Navy then you'd be the first Naval MP I've ever met.

Fact: Feeling better. Just stuffy, but it's very manageable now.
Fact: Enjoying the cooler weather.
Fact: The Pad Thai I made for dinner came out decently well. w00t!

Fact: My cosplay is coming along AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!
Fact: I can't wait to wear it. I may end up wearing it to class some time this week anyway.

Daretodream, after going back of the last 10 pages, i found what you were talking about. I COMPLETELY missed that first post. To respond to the first post, I see what you mean, and you're right. I don't think I represent myself in a negative manner to my friends, but perhaps I just don't know when I'm doing it. As for your second post, thank you for the delightfully condescending implications that I don't try to work hard.

DamningTheHeavens said:
Daretodream, after going back of the last 10 pages, i found what you were talking about. I COMPLETELY missed that first post. To respond to the first post, I see what you mean, and you're right. I don't think I represent myself in a negative manner to my friends, but perhaps I just don't know when I'm doing it. As for your second post, thank you for the delightfully condescending implications that I don't try to work hard.

ZG is right, DTH. My second post wasn't condescension, it was frustration combined with a little witty sarcasm. Trust me, when I do condescending, you know. It virtually drips with it.

Personally, I don't think you work very hard...at least not in the area of purging negativity from your life. You've fallen into that dreadful trap that goes like this: 1) you discover that being negative gets you attention early on by many people (all of whom want to help you, cheer you up, etc); 2) you make friends with many of these people and have great conversations early on; 3) you continue to appear negative in a lot of interactions and 4) the people that befriended you early on begin to pull away because they get tired of the negativity and the perception that you don't try to help yourself improve your life. Of course, I don't know you, so I'm just making an assumption based on my limited personal interactions with you and what I see on the boards so I could be wrong. Either way, my original comment back in that first post still holds true. There's obviously a reason you're losing friends so take a step back and try to figure out what it is. Talk to those people that are pulling away and ask for true HONEST feedback (and hope you get it). Take a HARD look at yourself, listing out the pros and cons as you see them, and then examine that cons list to see what you can improve in. I can't promise it will help but it certainly can't hurt. It's an exercise we all should do from time to time.

H a r r i e t said:
I feel as though you're just repeating your advice from earlier on, DTD. :/

Yep. I'm in "broken record player" mode. You know, where the same song just plays over and over again until you want to rip your eyeballs out and eat them? That mode.

DareToDream said:
DamningTheHeavens said:

ZG is right, DTH. My second post wasn't condescension, it was frustration combined with a little witty sarcasm. Trust me, when I do condescending, you know. It virtually drips with it.

Personally, I don't think you work very hard...at least not in the area of purging negativity from your life. You've fallen into that dreadful trap that goes like this: 1) you discover that being negative gets you attention early on by many people (all of whom want to help you, cheer you up, etc); 2) you make friends with many of these people and have great conversations early on; 3) you continue to appear negative in a lot of interactions and 4) the people that befriended you early on begin to pull away because they get tired of the negativity and the perception that you don't try to help yourself improve your life. Of course, I don't know you, so I'm just making an assumption based on my limited personal interactions with you and what I see on the boards so I could be wrong. Either way, my original comment back in that first post still holds true. There's obviously a reason you're losing friends so take a step back and try to figure out what it is. Talk to those people that are pulling away and ask for true HONEST feedback (and hope you get it). Take a HARD look at yourself, listing out the pros and cons as you see them, and then examine that cons list to see what you can improve in. I can't promise it will help but it certainly can't hurt. It's an exercise we all should do from time to time.

I've never gotten that honest feedback, though I always ask. Seriously, I do try

Fact: I can't wait to meet Shinji Aramaki and talk to him about robots and not Fullmetal Alchemist. Priorities.
Fact: Physics to do. Whee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom