Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You are My Universe (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

"Ho boy, that's gonna be even more nuts!" Steven said before he began laughing at how everything was. "Wait, is she all right with Mason being baptized?" Steven asked Rai regarding Dennis' girlfriend and the baby. Lapis and Peridot looked further confused at the concept of religion and so on that was being explained. Steven really didn't know how to explain religion to the Gems. The Crystal Gems at least knew enough of it because of their extensive time on Earth, even if he ddn't know their thoughts on it.

"Yes, but not that you are on the path, you need to continue. Also, I feel as if there is more bothering you," Garnet said to Peark as she sat down and Amethyst actually sat up to hear if Pearl would say anything on the matter.

"She's fine with it. She knows how much this means to Dennis and our family." Rai smiled gently poking Mason's belly. "Plus for Mason to take part in the epiphany he has to be a basptized member of the Greek Orthodox Church, but that won't be until he's a teenager." She kissed his forehead. "Are you gonna get the cross when goth get bigger?"

Pearl sighed, "you're right. I've never been on a real date before. What if I do something wrong?"

"Why is this 'baptisim' thing so important?" Peridot asked. She could understand human culture after a while of thinkign and understanding, but this one seemed to be unexplored territory for her and Lapis. "You're probably gonna have to explain in bits and pieces," Steven told Rai. He looked at his watch. It would be time to do some other stuff soon.

"Just be yourself, Pearl. Just go and have fun, P," Amethyst advised her with a smile.

"Well humans have this thing called religion and there are hundreds of them and even more variations of those." Rai began to explain. "By definition religion a set of beliefs concerning the creation of the universe by some divine power or powers. Religion usually involves a moral code that people live and traditions they follow. My family is Christian which means we follow the religion of Christianity and the teachings of the Bible. We believe in a singular deity that is called God and we believe he created everything in existence, including humans which he made in his image. And around 2000 years ago, he used his divine power to send his son, Jesus Christ, to Earth via a virgin. Eventually Jesus was executed on the cross to save humanity from sin. That's actually where we get the phrase BC, Before Christ, and AD, Anno Domini which is Latin for Year of our Lord. But honestly I don't completely agree with everything Christianity and the Bible says, like gays are going to hell. To me that's complete bull! I've been taught my entire life that God loves everyone so the idea of him damning someone over something they have no control over is ridiculous." She smiled. "That being said part of religion is prayer, which is a spiritual communion with a deity or deities expressing gratitude, confessions, or needs. I've actually prayed for you guys before."

"That's easy for you to say," Pearl complained, "humans always think you're fun."

Peridot and Lapis looked with a mix of fascinaton and confusion as Rai tried to explain to them the concept of religion to them. "That.. doesn't sound very logical," Peridot says as she was still trying to process everything. "It kinda reminds me of how rigid Homeworld society is," Lapis ntoed as she too was trying to process everything.

"Dont worry, guys. I really don't understand much of it too. Dad says he was never really into it. He did say the DeMayo family used to be Catholic so I guess that's all I know," Steven says as he shrugs his shoulder.

"Pearl, you are a wonderful person with much to offer. Just be open with communicating with Diego. The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step after all," Garnet tells Pearl sagely.

"It isn't logical, but it helps people. And it's not always rigid. I mean there are people who throw themselves into it but not everyone does. I have family members who fast and go to church several times a week, and I'm sitting her like, I ain't skipping meals to show my devotion and I barely want to go to church once a week." Rai said before turning to Steven. "You need to thank him then, Catholics are pretty extreme. Their priests can't marry which results in sexual frustration that often leads to sexual abuse which in turn is usually covered up by the church, if you die before you're baptized you can't gain access to heaven and are left in purgatory which includes stillborn babies, you have to do confession, and they even tell you what foods you can and can't eat. Like I'm not gonna not eat meat because it's freaking Lent. Imma eat meat whenever I want, I'll wake in the middle of the night and eat a gyro, I don't care."

Pearl took a deep breath and said, "Yiure right, I'm just overthinking things."

Steven just listened to what Rai said with a bit of a raised eyebrow. "That's kinda a bad assumption to make, Rai," Steven said as he rubbed the back of his head in confusion. "Then again, I never really got into that stuff," Steven adds.

"It does sound like a rather strange custom," Peridot murmurs. "What can these gods do exactly?" Lapis asks as she keeps holding Mason.

"You got this, P!" Amethyst told her with a confident smile.

"Well it is based on what the like five Catholics I've known have told me." Rai stated shrugging. "They're gods, they can do anything they wants."

"I just need a pep talk before." Pearl sighed.

"Well, we should probably heard out, Rai. I promised Peedee I'd help unload some stuff for the store," Steven told her with a smile after looking at his watch. "Also, I'm remembering we still need to try and find him a girlfriend," he reminded her with a smile as he gently took Mason from Lapis' arms.

"Well, perhaps next time you could always as Greg for suggestions for dates," Garnet reminded Pearl.

"Okay, no problem. It'll let me give this stinker back to his mom." Rai said picking up the diaper bag. "Well, you're in luck, I'm the only quint in a relationship. However Eridan is gay, and so is Andrei, which could be good, I don't really know which team Peedee bats for."

"Or Deigo could pick." Pearl suggested.

"Peedee likes girls, though he's always too shy to go and really talk to them to ask for dates and stuff," Steven clairifed to Rai as he kept holding Mason. "Want me to hold him or you want me to hold the diaper bag?" he asked her, nothing that it shoudln't take long to go and see Mason's mom.

"Maybe, though I know that Steven talked to him before. From what Steven said, he hasn't really dated either," Amethyst pointed out.

"Just making sure. Actually Adrien goes for the shy type, she calls them 'adorable'." Rai said, before teasingly saying, "You can hold him, it's good practice for when we have a baby."

"We'll figure it out together then." Pearl said a bit relieved that she wouldn't have much to be compared to.

"Well, that's something to keep in mind," Steven said when she mentioned Adrien and began wondering if they could work. Granted, he initally hedged his bets with Peedee with one of the Pizza family girls. He then blushed brightl when Rai mentioned the baby thing. He did smile and chuckle while blushing though.

"We got your back, P," Amythest said as she and Garnet gave a supporting smile.

"I'm just messing with you, I won't be ready for a baby for at least another decade." Rai kissed his cheek. "Though I will admit you look very responsible."

"I know." Pearl said with a smile.

Steven blushed before he smiling and he leaned over to kiss Rai back on the cheek. "And I know you'll be really responsible too," Steven told her with a smile as headed back to Peedee's place to help out. When they arrived, Steven handed Mason to Rai. "Well, what do you want to do tomorrow? I know that Pearl will be going on her date," Steven asked her with a smile.

"I have a feeling everything will be all rght," Garnet said before she got a mischievous smile. "Maybe you should consider what happens should you want to fuse with him," she said though her tone indicated something otherwise.

"We could go on a date ourselves." Rai suggested resting Mason on her hip. "We haven't one for awhile now, maybe we could go to the arcade and I could kick your butt. Or we could hang out at your place, watch a movie, and order pizza."

Pearl blushed deeply before saying, "You know that isn't possible. Humans and Gems can't fuse, Rose and Greg tried and failed, numerous times."

"Yeah, that could be fun either way. No matter what we do, as long as we do it together, that's what makes it important," Steven told her with a smile as he held her hand while carrying the diaper bag with the other hand.

"Come in, P. You know what's she talking about," Amethyst said with a smirk of her own. The Crystal Gems got some understanding of human reproduction and intimacy when they found some rather interesting literature that Rose read, something she had in common with Greg.

Rai moved her hand so their fingers were intertwined. "I have an idea." Rai said with a smirk. "How do you feel about disguises?"

Pearl's blush grew deeper before she turned and began walking away, saying, "And we're done with this conversation."

"What are you thinking?" Steven asked her as he got a curious look on her face.

The Next Day, Evening...

Diego was standing outside the movie theaters. He ended up meeting up with Steven once more, who had given some advice and suggestions on the date with Pearl. Diego chose to wear something nice. He found some nice clithes that fit him well... or rather Greg had let him borrow some from a formal event since the two had somewhat the same body frame. He was standing outside awaiting Pearl.

Steven meanwhile was behind a nearby building, waiting for Rai to come along with their disguises.

"Every time my siblings or I are on a first date at least one of the others dresses in a disguise and sits nearby for moral support and back up if the dates goes terrible." Rai said. "I did it for Dennis on his first date with Sadie, Adrien and Eridan did it for Alice and Lars first date, and Dennis did it for our first date. I really helps the nerves knowing someone's got your back, and we could tots do that for Pearl."

The next day, Rai brought her makeup case, a large wheeling professional case, to the beach house along with a dress. As soon as she got there she went to work. Rai surprising had a large array of makeup including various "odd" shades that she used as foundation and a blue eyeshadow she used as blush. She used some dark blue eyeliner to match Pearl's, added some mascara, and finished the makeup off with some pale blue lipstick. Then was the hair, Rai straightened it and then styled it into soft curls before putting a sophisticated looking barrette on one side and adding some matching clip on earrings. The dress was a light that would cover her "clothes" with a skirt that went to her knees. By the time they were done, they had just enough time to get to the theater.

"Now remember, Steven and I will be a couple rows behind the whole time." Rai reminded Pearl as they approached where Steven was hiding. "If you get nervous, just excuse yourself and I'll meet you in the women's restroom. We got your back!"

"Thank you, both of you." Pearl smiled. "How do I look?"

"You look amazing!" Rai smiled.

Steven also smiled and agreed, having stars in his eyes before spying and seeing Diego

Diego was standing around looking a bit nervous about all of this. However, his nervousness was not needed when he saw Pearl appear. However, he was completely stunned and awed at seeing the beautiful Pearl appear so lovely and just... his breath taken away. His mind did manage to reboot when she came up. Based on Pearl's expression, he realized she was nervous too.

"You... you like sublime... perfect," Diego managed to say with a shy and nervous smile on his face.

"This is gonna be amazing!" Steven told Rai with an excited smile

"Thank you." Pearl smiled. "I don't normally look like this ever, but Raiden insisted. I couldn't say no especially when she said she had hand sewn this dress. And you look very handsome." Pearl could recognize that it was Greg's clothes, the man did only own one nice sweater so it wasn't hard to remember.

"Yup," Rai pulled off her backpack. She pulled out a fake mustache before sticking it to her upper lip. "Steven, I mustache you a question."

Steven took the mustache from her face before also smiling and sticking it in. "No Thanks, shave it for later," he said before he began laughing.

"I don;t normally dress up like this either. Thank you very much. I got us two tickets for a fascinating documentary about Earth," Diego told her with a smile before he offered his arm.

"Shall we?" he said with a smile.

Rai laughed too, as she finished pulling out the rest of their disguises. "Okay we have to see what theater they go into and then get tickets for that movie." She pulled her pants off to reveal a miniskirt and fishnet stockings, and yanked her shirt over her head to show a middrift before she put a leather jacket on. "Do I look like Alice?" Rai asked. She handed Steven a black shirt and leather jacket. One thing Steven no doubtedly saw was that Rai had a silver piercing in her belly button. Last time he had seen her stomach was last summer when she wore a bikini, so this was either fake or had been done in the last year.

"That sounds delightful." Pearl said linking her arm to Diego's. "We shall."

"I suppose so," Steven said when she asked if she rememvered Alice. However, he did blush a bit when he saw her in her minishhirt and stocks as well as to pull her shirt up to show her midriff and her silver piercing. "When did you get that?" he asked her with a slight blush. Steven was probaly the mroe innocent of the two, at least when it came to these sort of matters.

Diego walked Pearl into the movie theater and into their seats. It was pretty quiet so it was just the two of them watching the documentary this evening, well besides steven and Rai who would be in disguise and in spying on them. "Is this your first date?" Diego couldn't help but ask.

Back
Top Bottom