Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

You are My Universe (MysteriousD/DaddysLittleSkank)

"Yeah, but none of the other Gems have seen our fused form. So we gotta show them all. I wonder who's gonna be the most surprised. Peridot said she'd change her outfit if she saw a fusion of us," Steven noted with a smile. "Yeah, but Garnet does it because she cares. She's really cool and mature like that," he added as he saw the sun set down and dusk was approaching. "We should be heading back so we don't worry your parents," he told her as he held her hand with a smile.

Garnet went over to open the door and she found a human with glasses there. "So you're the new person in town," Garnet noted. Diego was a bit surprised, but as he looked around, he saw Pearl there. "Oh, hi Miss Pearl. I just came here because you forgot your change over at the grocery store," Diego told her as he took out the money for her. Garnet and Amethyst looked at Diego before looking at Pearl.

"Please my dad's still at work, but we should go, Pearl might be done cooking soon." Rai let go of Steven and started to go down the ladder. Snickering she added, "I'll race you."

Pearl froze when she heard Diego's voice. She washed her hands of the raw fish and went over to grab the change. "Thank you." She was trying not to blush but it wasn't working.

Steven laughs as he floats on down, all while making sure she gets down safely. He does hug her before he begins racing her down back to the house. All while laughing merrily, feeling a new sense of elatedness.

Amethyst got a large mischievous smile on her face while Garnet was getting a smirk on her face, both of them watchin the scene with Pearl interacting with this new human. Diego noticed her blush and couldn't help but smile. "Have a nice day. Oh! Who are your friends?" he asked, regarding Garnet and Amythest.

"No fair!" Rai yelled, as she placed her hands on either side of the ladder and moved her feet so she slips down. "You know I'm a normal human, so you can't use your gem powers."

Pearl shot Amethyst a quick glare before answering Diego's question. "This is Amethyst and Garnet. Amethyst, Garnet this is Diego."

"Well, I was also making sure you didn't sleep down on the ladder and if you did, I could float by to catch you," Steven explained to her. Once they were both on the ground, he smiled affectionately at her before he began running toward the house, big goofy grin on his face.

"It's a pleasure to meet the both of you. Have a nice evening, Miss Pearl," Diego said to her with a smile before he was going off.

"Looks like Pearl has someone special~" Amethyst said in a sing-songy voice when Diego was gone, looking at the blue blush on Pearl's face, "He's a nice human," Garnet added with a smile of her face.

"That's sweet." She said kissing him on the cheek before running, "but I'm still gonna beat you!"

Pearl glared at Amethyst, before returning to cooking.

Steven smiled and laughed before he raced her. It was pretty much neck and neck throughout the whole time. Steven did grow during those years, but it was still notable that he had some growing left to do. Despite that, he remained the same good ol Steven, though a bit wiser, still as optimistic. "I'm gonna beat you," he said cheerfully as now took the lead.

"Hey P, you know its only in good fun. Besides, you know we all want you to be happy. Me, Garnet, Steven, Peridot, Lapis and Greg, we all want you to be happy," Amethyt said in a moment of uncharacteristic seriousness but caring.

Over the next few weeks, not much had changed. Steven and Rai had started actually dating. More importantly Rai had told her father, something she had been dreading. He was pretty strict about that kind of stuff ever since Dennis had knocked up his girlfriend. Rai had to swear that she and Steven would never be left alone and if she was caught breaking this rule, Chris would start chaperoning their dates.

Today Rai woke up earlier as it was the first day of summer break. The only bad thing was she had promised to babysit her nephew and Steven had promised to help his dad, so they figured they'd meet at the car wash. So after getting dressed so ran over to Dennis and his girlfriend's apartment to pick up, Mason. Next was a stop to at a coffee and then to meet Steven.

"Good morning, Mr. Universe." She said sweetly, pushing Mason's stroller up to the metal table and folding chairs. "Is Steven here yet?" She placed three cups and a bag on the table. "I got you some coffee. I didn't know what you liked so I just got you a black coffee but I have tons of cream and sugar, if you want it." While taking she gave Mason a soppy cup and pulled out a chocolate chip muffin and croissant breakfast sandwich. She pinched off a piece of the muffin and handed to Mason, who in turn happily put it in his mouth.

Mason was about a year old and looked just like Dennis, dark eyes and a head full of dark brown hair. He was dressed in overall with a dump truck on it.

Back at the beach house, Pearl was reading a book that she'd bought from the new bookstore, which she had been frequenting a lot lately.

Steven wasn't intimidated at all in the slighest when he talked to Rai's father. In fact, when the Gems were told, they along with Greg gave a similar sort of explanation, but were more trusting. Hilariously, it was Steven's uncle Andy who snarkily pointed out that Steven was perhaps more trusting than Chris was. However, Steven enjoyed his dates with Rai and getting to know her better. He even promised that maybe they could have a double-date with Connie and her boyfriend, Dipper.

However, it was the beginning of summer break and Steven was helping his dad, Greg Universe at the carwash, especially since with Greg having bought the carwish to own with the money he got and investing it. "Morning Rai, how are you?" Greg said as he was sitting on a folding chair. "Yeah, I'll take some cream and sugar," Gre said nicely. "Hi Rai!" Steven said from inside the carwash as he was stepping out. "How's Mason doing?" he said as he looked over at Rai's babby nephew.

"New book, P?" Amethyst told her as she looked over Pearl's shoulder to see the new book. Pearl had been going to the new bookstore and all the Gems knew why. "These human stories are so fascinating, especially the one with pictures," Peridot said as she was devotedly reading a comic book with Lapis reading over her shoulder. "Greg said he's surprised on why you're going to the new store. I wonder if I should tell him," Amethyst teased Pearl.

"I'm doin' good, and you?" Rai smiled pulling a smaller paper bag, filled with small packets of sugar and various flavored creams, out of the larger one. "He's got a few teeth coming in so he's a bit cranky." She said between bites of her sandwich and handing Mason bits of muffin. "And he's gonna a bunch of people visiting him soon." She said focusing on Mason before turning her attention to Steven. "Dennis is finally gonna get him baptized so we have a bunch of family coming in." She rolled her eyes a bit. "Don't get me wrong I love them but both sets of my grandparents are from Greece and it's a different culture over there. In Greece, Dennis being a father at 18 is considered normal and his girlfriend being a mom at at the same age is considered odd because usually a girl has her first when she's like my age. And if you think I'm kidding, I was literally on the phone with my grandmother last week and she said 'I heard you have boyfriend.' So I told I did and no joke she didn't ask how long have you been dating, what's his name, how'd you meet. No, her response was to ask and I quote 'will he make a good husband and father?' I reminded her I'm only 15 and she reminded me I'm not getting any younger and I'm loosing eggs by the second.' I wanted to tell that our dad's would so happy to find out they're going to be grandfathers."

"Tell Greg what?" Pearl asked paying more attention to her book than anything else. "That I've been talking to a human? That is hardly seems worth sharing."

"Thanks!" Greg said happily before puting cream and sugar in his coffee while looking over to Mason and Rai. Steven went over to sit down on the other chair to see what Rai was doing. He was listening over to everything she was saying in regards over to her famly and so on. "Well, love takes time and effort so you two go at the pace both of you feel comfortable at," Greg explains over to both Rai and Steven. "Thanks, Dad," Steven says happily while he sees Mason eating the muffin piece.

"What are your plans for the summer, Rai?" Steven asked her, wondering if she had any plans outsides of their dates and hanging out with their circle of friends. "Also, I noticed that Pearl had been going to the bookstore alot, though it's only at certain times. Has your sister ever seen her?" Steven says as he was thinking on what was going on.

Amethyst sighed before Garnet came in. "Pearl. I am wondering. Are you serious on potentially courting Diego?" she asked her in her rather blunt way. Both Lapis and Peridot did a double take as they looked at Pearl. "Greg would be the best to talk to as he would be happy to help you like he would. He did help you out when you spent time with that woman who looked like Rose Quartz," Garnet said to Pearl.

"Don't worry." Rai said. "I plan to take the route of my parents; get married at least after high school and wait on having kids until after college. Especially seeing how stressed Dennis is trying to provide for his girlfriend and Mason. As far as the summer, my dad's in the middle of buying a restaurant that he plans on turning into a bakery so I'm planning on helping him set that up."

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't giving it serious consideration." Pearl stated. "I'm not going to jump into anything."

Steven blushed a bit when Rai talked about marriage and Greg chuckled a bit regarding that. "Well, good for Dennis doing his best to take care of his family. It's the mark of a real man," Greg pointed out. "A bakery huh? That'd be cool, since we don't have one. Which space? Is it that blank one that Peedee pointed out a few days back?" Steven asked Rai while he was making funny faces for Mason.

"I can't speak all that much regarding this," Lapis said suddenly, surprising the group. "Because I don't know all of you as well or have experience with this, but alot can change in such a short period of time and you never know when something could happen so you should do what you need to. We live a long time... but he doesn't. And, I guess with what Steven and Greg said, we have to apprciate every moment," she said.

"I agree with Lapis here. From all that I've read and seen, you have to make your own opportunities. Analyze yoru target and then you go and ensnare them... in this case, ensnare his heart," Peridot added.

"He has bids on a few properties, but that is one of them." Rai said reaching into the diaper bag, pulling out a wipe, and washing Mason's face once he was done eating. "And I think it's my dad's favorite, it's definitely mine. Good location, it has most of the necessary utilities, and needs minimal work. If he gets it, he should be able to open in a couple of months."

"Okay," Pearl sighed, "I'll ask him out." She closed the book and stood up. She smoothed her skirt and started making her way to the bookstore.

"Well I hope you get it. We need a good bakery here," Greg said with a smile. "Yeah, all sorts of really delicious thing could be sold there. Who else is gonna be working there besides your dad?" Steven asked her as he helped Rai out with cleaning Mason.

"Go Pearl!" Amethyst said with cheer. Garnet did go to Pearl. "Pearl, good luck. And you have our support. No doubt Greg will also provide his support as well," she said as she took off her glasses and looked at Pearl with a smile.

Meanwhile, Diego has been working at the bookstore for a while now and enjoying it. It was fun getting people to read and come in. Furthermore, he could choose which books to bring in and he always had his own recommendations out for anyone who wanted to. Like Pearl...

Nearly every day, the pale pearled woman had come in for a new book and to talk. Diego liked that. He was never good at making friends and having someone to talk to was nice and her love of reading was wonderful. She was quite different, but he didn't know what. He did get some messeges from owner business folk regarding insurance, especially when the Crystal Gems got involved. He wasn't sure who they were, but he suspected Pearl might be connected.

"Probably me and my siblings until he can get some real staff." Rai put the wipe in an empty bag and gave Mason a toy. "My dad's talking about giving me and the other quints jobs there. Normally we would have to wait until we were sixteen but since the business would be owned by our Dad it's fine."

Pearl stopped in front of the door to the bookstore, took a deep breath, and entered.

"Well, at least you'll be able to get some money," Steven told her with a smile as he looked to Mason. "I hope the others won't cause trouble though," he added as he knew that the younger ones could be a handful. Granted, they were nowhere as bad as Onion was when he was their age. He grew up and calmed down considerably, even going out more with his dad in regards to the fishing business.

"Thanks again for helping out this morning, Steven. Hey Rai, what do you wanna do when you go to college?" Greg asked Rai.

"Hi Pearl! How are you doing? Coming for a new book today?" Diego asked her with a smile when he saw her come in. Seeing her smile always brightened his day and she had the cutest blush and laugh. He didn't know why, but he felt very comfortable around her.

"Not with money involved." Rai chuckled. "The way some of them act you'd never guess I'm the baby of the family." She crossed her legs and leaned back in the chair. "I have honestly haven't decided yet, but I have been thinking about doing something with cold cases. Like maybe unsolved murders or missing people. I've always been pretty good at solving mysteries."

"Um, no." Pearl said visibly nervous. "I was wondering if you would like to go do something... together... just the two of us?"

"Rai's really smart and we could always use more police to help us out in Beach City, or were you thinking of somewhere else?" Steven asked Rai while he went over to hug her from behind. He was a very affectionate guy and he liked to hug people, especially his girlfriend. "Well, there's different sort of colleges and it's all up to you what you wanna do," Greg told Rai with an encouraging smile.

Diego looked at her nervousness and wondered what Pearl wa snervous about. He then blushed when she asked if they wanted to do something together. She was asking him out.

"I-I would love to," Diego said with an adorable smile and a blush on his own. "What would you like to do and what time?" he asked her.

Rai placed her hands over Steven's and turned her head to kiss him. "You're the only reason I'd leave. If you stay in Beach City, I'll stay in Beach City." She said smiling.

"We could see a movie." Pearl suggested. She wanted to avoid a restaurant or anything with food as Gems didn't need it.

Steven blushed a bit as he returned the kiss. He was happy being able to do all sort of these things with Rai and he was good at the pace they were going. "Yeah, I don't think I'll leave Beach City. Like, we might go to Oregon to visit Dipper and Connie, but Beach City is my home," Steven said with a smile. "Well, there's not much crime here though there might be in the bigger cities," Greg added, recalling how Empire City could be.

"I would love to. Maybe we could do so tomorrow night. We could meet at the movie theater at 7 in the evening," Diego says with a smile. "Any movies in particular that you like?" he asked her.

"That's the only things stopping me from going into that field." Rai said. "But I do have a few years to think about it. And maybe we'll go to Oregon for your birthday."

"Sounds good." Pearl smiled. "I don't have a preference for the movie."

"Well, whatever you do, remember to stay on the course and remmeber the important things. And that sometimes, life has a way of giving you different approaches," Greg says. Steven smiles, knowing what his father is referring to. Back when Jumpstarter first appeared, Steven used to advertise his dad's songs and it helped relaunch Greg's music career. Granted, Greg doesn't do concerts, but alot of people love his songs and the merchandise, which has been a big help with finances.

Diego smiled back. He never went on a date before, and so all of this was exciting and wonderful for him. "All right, I'll choose it then. See you tomorrow at 7 in the evening in front of the movie theater then," Diego told her with a smile.

"Thanks, Mr. Universe. I'll keep that in mind." Rai smiled. She always enjoyed spending time with Greg. He was a lot more chill than her dad and she probably saw more of him than her dad. Rai knew her dad loved her and all her siblings, but he worked a lot.

Pearl smiled, "I'll be there!" She waved as she left.

"So, what are you planning on doing with Mason for the day?" Greg asked as he himself made a funny face to the baby. "Yeah, I mean, I'm only around to help dad for a bit mroe before I'm done with the day, though i could always come back if needed," Steven said before he turned around and noticed Pearl havng left the bookstore.

"Hey Pearl, any new books today?" Steven asked he, knwoing that she would always go to the bookstore, though at specific time. "Hey, has your sister ever seen Pearl in the bookstore," he asked Rai.

Diego watched her go fof and when she left, he went out back and he let himself indulge in excitement. He was asked on a date! He felt overwhelmed with emotion! He blushed intensely as well of all of this. He began looking through to see what sort of movies that he could watch for hr.

Back
Top Bottom