Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

TT: The Threat Behind Shadows (DaddysLittleSkank & MysteriousD)

"Given how initial brain scans seem to indicate they have partially robotic brains, they seem to be more biological weapons than sentient. My guess it's why Diego and Mynx's pods are separated. They were the first and the only ones with any sense of sentience," Cyborg said as he began preparing.

"It's likely this duplicate was the one that attacked your parents a while ago, most likely, the clone is looking for you," Aquaman said after a deep breath as he told the news.

Beast Boy still didn’t feel right about killing all those clones but he kept his mouth shut.

Mynx closed her eyes and fought back tears. That thing had probably killed her parents and now it wanted her and unintently her twins.

"Look Beast Boy, I know you don't like doing this, but while they look like the heroes, they're not. I did more scans. They're all robot in the brain. No memories. No emotions. No free will. Nothing," Cyborg said, disgusted with the process.

"Guess that explains why mine was a reject," Diego said, horrified by what eh heard on the communicator. His doppelgänger just growled as it was beginning to frost over. "That and he's unstable," he said.

Garth went over to embrace Mynx before they were disrupted by what Cyborg had been saying regarding the clone heroes. "Aquaman, I think you should summon the Justice League for this," Nightwing said to him through Garth's communicator.

Beast Boy wanted to point out that there were robots in the Justice League and Cyborg himself was part robot, but he knew it wouldn’t change anything and would only make Cyborg regret what he was doing.

“I have to tell them now, if we’re going to meet with the League I have to tell all of them so it’s better if I tell these two now.” Mynx whispered to Garth before she let go of him. “Before we go to see the League, there’s something I should tell you two.” She took a deep breath. “I had this whole thing planned for tonight to announce this, but recently, Garth and I,” She took his hand while smiling, “found out we’re, or rather I’m pregnant with twins.”

"What the?" Cyborg said before he got back. "Beast Boy, get out now! My scanners just picked up something on the clones... it's APOKOLPIAN TECH!" Cyborg said, horrified at the fact that technology from that hellhole was there.

"What?!" Diego shouted in surprise before his doppelgänger snarled, but also looked shocked at that.

Garth nodded, having silenced his Communicator and putting to record any messages. He was rewarded to see Aquaman and Aquawoman with big smiles on their faces. Arthur even goes to give a hug to Mynx. "Congratulations," he said with a grin.

“I’m not leaving you here, dude!” Beast Boy answered.

“So now you know why this stuff is scaring me more than it normally would.” Mynx replied.

"I meant get the guys ready so we get out of here. If this is tech from Apokalips, we're gonna need bigger firepower to get rid of this," Cyborg explained as he shut down the door and then used a torch to hold the door down while he was hacking the place.

Then the ice came over the gate...

"I... am Me..." The Doppeldiego said... "I will keep them down..." he said before facing the original. "Am imperfect... but not tool of Apokolips. I destroy this place," he said as he became more covered in ice, his powers going out of control.

"We need to evacuate... his powers are destabilizing," Diego said as he gave an understanding nod to the manic clone.

"With that being the case, we will need to take care of it..." Mera said as she saw Arthur pick the communicator of the League. "It's the League. According to Batman, he got intel that the clones were developed from reverse-engineered technology from Apokolips. It was likely dropped here with the purpose of creating supersoldier sleepers," he explains.

“Got it.” Beast Boy said transforming into a Buffalo before head butting the exit that was covered in ice.

Mynx let out a groan, saying, “Things just keep getting worse.”

The Diegoganger just nodded back at the original before letting his powers run wild with the ice. It began covering the whole area. "To die a hero rather than be a villain... he really is my clone," Diego noted as they all got on the ship. Cyborg began putting the systems in.

"We will need to prepare. She will likely be coming for you," Aquaman noted as the guards began being briefed.

When Beast Boy broke the ice, Cyborg helped him in and the gates open up so they could get out, all while the Diegoclone froze the institute down to prevent the Apokolips clones could arise.

Garth held onto Mynx as Aquaman was still talking. "It appears the containment of the Apokalipian weapons has been frozen solid. Nightwing has reported the location so I will send Atlantean forces to destroy the base to ensure that the weapons cannot be used to threaten people, but that leaves just one," he said. "I will take care of it. The doppelgänger is targeting my family and thus it is a personal matter," Garth noted.

Beast Boy made sure his friends were able to escape the building before getting back into the ship.

Mynx nodded saying, “I’ll stay here, it’s the second safest place for at the moment, second only to the watch tower.”

Dieclone smirked as he finally began to die peacefully, his body becoming pure ice and exotic ice-like compounds to keep the monsters at bay.

Diego looked back as he nodded respectfully. "We better get back to the tower to report our findings," Nightwing noted once they began moving.

"All right. You will have constant protect in the meanwhile, though we have no idea what else she could do, especially if she is some sort of unstable duplicate," Aquaman noted while Garth was in thought of the whole thing.

Mynx nodded and sat down in a chair. She was still nervous about her clones but felt better that she was in Atlantis where her being royalty meant that she would be protected at all costs.

"Sir, according to one of our soldiers, she has already infiltrated Atlantis," one guard said, following by a shorter guard. For some reason, that shorter guard put Garth on edge and Arthur also felt uneasy.

"My guess... the person behind you," Garth told the newbie guard as he became ready for battle if need be.

The doppelganger paused, as if trying to figure out what Mynx said before snarling. "Life. IS. Agony. Unfair. You. Get. Be. Happy," the clone said to Mynx as it revealed herself. She looked like Mynx, but freakier and more mutant like. There was also some technological bits to her, including a piece with the infamous Omega symbol, signifying her connection to Apokolips.

“We can help you,” Mynx told the clone, “the Justice League can help you.” Seeing the clone’s resemblance to her made her more sympathetic.

“Nothing Can help,” The Mynx clone says as she glares banefully. “Consume you.... consume you,” she hissed as she was lurching toward Miri, her eyes glowing red.

Mynx used her super speed to quickly move out of the way. “We can at least try.” She told her clone. “If anything we can stop it from hurting.” She continued to dodge the attacks.

"No... No...Consume!" The Mynx clone said as she was trying to lunge to eat over at the real Mynx. She began cracking and her form changing. Well, not on purpose.

"She does not appear to be stable," Garth noted as he was getting into position to go and get rid of the clone.

Mynx got the clone in a hold. “You. Need. To. Stop.” She said keeping the clone in place and stopping it from moving. “You’re overexxerating yourself, it’s killing you.”

"BETTER THAN LIVING!" The fake Mynx screamed as she was struggling and trying to swip at Mynx, but she was growing weaker yet more erratic.

“I’m sorry.” Mynx said, grabbing hold of the clone’s head before turning it sharply to break its neck. Then she used heat vision to sever her brain stem for good measure.

Back
Top Bottom