Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Realms (Pathfinder) OOC Chat

Perhaps we should find another topic. What are your character's short term goals and, if different, what are your goals for them?

Short Term means something a touch different for Lyre then it does for most of the party, due mostly to her lifespan. She's only a hundred and sixteen after all, and she can see centuries of life to come. For her, a short term goal might be a decade or two, maybe three in the future. Still, her goals are actually fairly simple.

Acquire a mobile base of operations, a place she can store her research in, live out of, and can move around as she needs to go to new and exciting places for her research!

Short Term means something a touch different for Lyre then it does for most of the party, due mostly to her lifespan
Actually, we have a lot of chars with long lifespans in this group. And given her goals, is Leadership something you are considering down the road?

It may, it may not. Really, she will have a habit of picking up some companions, but I'm unsure of they would all be followers or not. I'd actually be more then willing to have a modified leadership to not have a cohort actually, to represent various hangers-on, companions, apprentices and eye candy.

Sune'lel's short term goals are to travel a bit, learn a bit, and do good deeds - help the helpless etc.

My goals for them will largely depend on where the game goes - I have sent Rivine a possible story for how she might fall from grace but will leave it to them (and how things play out in game) to determine if that works out.

If she ever did go Anti-paladin I would explore the link between personality and alignment - just because you wake up one day and realise that upholding laws and morality is holding you back doesn't mean that you forget who your friends and family are or that you need to start mindlessly harming others.

An Anti-paladin dedicated to Finder Wyvernspur might be an interesting and thematic for the character if she falls out of favour with Milil (they have areas of commonality so it wouldn't be a major upset to her beliefs, hobbies etc).

For Leadership - yea it is something I would be inclinded to get at some point (redeemed people etc, or agents of change for her glory etc).

Maybe, it could work for me, particularly if we pool our leadership scores?

Also, looking at it, Aasimar and Teiflings actually have the same lifespan as humans.

Apparently, Kitsune can live up to 270! So I'll still be flaunting my tight abs and cute face whilst you're all in your rocking chairs.

As to leadership, we need to work on our renown. And fairness and generosity. And apparently some kind of Secret base.

And I'm an elf, I'll just be a touch middle aged, aged like fine wine ;)

As for a secret base.... a flying base with some memory enchantments, replicating that Fidelius charm from Harry Potter would be a fun project, if we can get it to work.

Well depending on the source (and there are a few different ones with wildly different stated ages) Aasimar and Tiefling's can live up to 850 (maximum age), from the Advanced Races Guide (Elves have a max of 750, and Kitsune have only 101 as a max).

But I suspect the timeframe of the game won't be centuries long so might not be relevant.

For Lel I had her reach maturity as a human would as she is far removed from her celestial ancestor so I will leave it to Rivine for if she has centuries ahead of her or not - but regardless, it is not how long you live but how much good you do.

You sure have been planning things ahead, wonder what role would my human fill in then, entourage? :p

I thought I already had filled in on all of those ^^

Perhaps I could make my character long term goal find a way to have a longer life span, something like I don't know drink or bathe in dragon blood perhaps or anything mysterious, it could also be part of Lyre investigation :p and of course it would also fit her Power-Hungry flaw.

Short term would be something like enjoy being free but also enjoy her new owner/mistress (which would be Lyre) , contradictory yes but that's the gist of it as well.

Longer or eternal youth is a longer term plan, and something to be looked into. After all, Lyre may live for a long time... but she may as well extend that as much as possible, preferably without making unpleasant deals or becoming some undead thing. Seriously, the looks for those go downhill fast.

You cant a human for wishing to have a life span as long as her elvish mistress, can you? ^^

Also yeah undead thingy is something I would rather avoid at all costs as well. I should really take some time to finish everything that I'm missing for her to be finished, starting by a name :p

Of course I can't blame my sweet little pet! I shall endeavor to keep her around for as long as possible, and for the most part, I would extend the same boon to the rest of the party, as allies and friends. And, I have something in mind that could help, both taken from necromancy splatbooks.

One is a 4th level spell called Halve Aging, a permanent duration spell that simply halves the rate at which the target ages. The second, Halt Aging, is a 5th level necromancy spell that for 1d10 years prevents aging... and neither has a substantial experience, focus or material cost, in gold or ethics. So, in the flying fortress, a special pool that confers a maximized Halt Aging spells on the bathers? Used once per decade, or if the spell is dispelled, could work if we go for some longer term things.

And want to pool our resources together Khan?

Oh those sound very cool ^^

And sure, I'm just checking everything I missed on my sheet right now

So everyone is aware, I am working on an opening post. I am going to try and get this ruling sometime in the next few days. Had some unexpected hurdles this weekend.

Actually more like Lyre has a wagon and Armine travels with her ^^ but yeah there's room available :)

A light wagon pulled by an bull... split between ox and bull, if only to tease Khan's character into sucking it off. An Ox would be calmer though... choices, choices.

Seriously, why would I need to experiment on prisoners? It's not like we're adventurers and can almost rely on being attacked, allowing one to test spells loaded into a device and then observe the results. Because really? Test subjects practically throw themselves at adventuring parties.... all I'd be doing is using the random encounters to test new spells.

Back
Top Bottom