Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter Part 2 {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

He gave her a nod to everything else waiting. "It can. Nothing is dire."

"I can do that..." He knew she was in pain and not exactly a cuddler all the time so he didn't want to crowd her. "I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." Jake watched her. To him things were a little different than when he was in pain. This wasn't just pain. This was something traumatic that happened to her.

It took a lot to not get jealous about her asking about Liam. He had no idea why he got that way. "Right now just getting us home. I told him once we're home I can handle it until he can move. Which will be a couple weeks yet." He looked at his watch. "He's probably here now. Do you want me to go see and have him come in?"

She shook her head, "If he is out there then I need him to stay out there. Is the door locked?" She asked and got up. She held her side and made sure the front door was locked. Even if Jake told her it was, she needed to make sure and she put the latch on. If Luke wanted in he could call or text.

She came back into the bedroom and wondered if she lock the bedroom door but she got back in bed and left the door open. "The door is locked. Tell Luke he can't get in. I don't want him to break the door open." She told Jake.

She sat up and let her body rest after that much physical activity her ribs were screaming for a break. "Maybe I'll just sleep like this." She said softly and let out a breath.

"Yeah babe it's locked." He had a feeling she'd check anyway. He sat up a little but let her check.

He gave her a nod and pulled his phone out and sent Luke a text. "Done. I let him know." He had a feeling Luke wouldn't break the door down but then again, he may. "Babe...lay down. I'm right here. I will not let anyone in here close to you. I will keep you safe. I promise." She was going to marry a UFC champion fighter. One who loved her more than words could describe so he would kill anyone who walked in those doors that wasn't meant to be there.

"If you want, I'll even stay awake. If it will make you feel better babe." If it put her mind at ease so she got some sleep, he'd stay awake for a week. "No one is getting in here. I promise you."

"Thank you." She said when he said he sent Luke the text. She grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze, "I will. I'll lay down in a second." She told him. She propped herself up with some pillows and closed her eyes.

"I'm fine Jake. I'm just waiting for it to stop hurting." She told him. "Those pain pills aren't doing anything." She looked at him and blew him a kiss so she wouldn't have to move around.

"No one is getting in. I know. Just give me a second. Okay?" She said softly. She rubbed her lips together and looked down at him, "Are you mad at me? For not doing better? I tried to fight back. I did at first. It got me knocked out and a kick in the ribs." She told him. He was the all mighty UFC fighter. If she appeared defenseless she didn't want it to rub off on him not teaching her to protect herself.

"Okay." He told her about laying down in a second. He watched her to make sure she was okay. He wanted to help but didn't want to make anything hurt worse.

"Take your time babe..." He kissed her knee because it was the closest part of her. "I can call up some more ice. You gotta keep the swelling down. That will help with the pain. Want me to see if the doctor can get you something stronger? I hate to tell you this...but it's going to hurt worse tomorrow." Jake always felt worse the day after a fight.

He looked at her confused before sitting up and moving closer to her. He wanted to take grab her face so she knre he was serious but he didn't want to make it hurt worse. "Look at me." He looked in her eyes. "I don't have an ounce of anger towards you. Adri this isn't the same as when we get in a cage together. I fully believe you gave them as much hell as you could have. For that I'm proud of you. And it's good you text me so much. Cause I knew something was wrong the minute I found out you wweren't on that plane. You did good baby. You did so good." He kissed her head.

Jake sighed. "I'm mad at myself. And your agent. But that's not important."

She shook her head, "I'll deal. I go to the guy at home." She didn't want to hear that it would be worst tomorrow. After dealing with Jake after his fights, she knew it would get worst. She didn't want to think about it.

She opened her eyes and looked at him, "Thanks Boo." She said softly and gave him a kiss on the chin. "I love you." She slowly moved down until she was laying somewhat. She was still propped up by the pillows though.

"Can you not start anything with Andrew, please? Just let it go. You two always have problems, you will always have problems. Just stay away from each other."

"Alright..." He knew she just wanted to get home where everything and everyone was familiar to her.

He smiled a bit. "You're welcome. I love you too." He helped her lie down before laying next to her.

Jake sighed. "I didn't say I was starting anything. But he will be told that I should be one of the first people to know what the hell is going on. I knew nothing until the plane landed and I found out through media blowing up my phone. Thats....that's not right. Especially when I had him on the phone. I didn't know if you were in a car accident or what happened. He was so cryptic on the phone. Sorry that pissed me off cause you are going yo be my wife and I'll be damned if I find stuff out through media outlets.

"He doesn't like me. He thinks you can do better. He will never like me. I've tried with him...plus...I still think he tries to break us up. But again...not important." He shook his head.

She closed her eyes and rubbed her lips together, "I'll talk to him. Whether he likes it or not I chose you. I'm marrying you. I love you." She said softly.

She didn't know what to say about Andrew not like him. She hated that they didn't like each other. She needed them both in her life. She looked at Jake and sighed, "He won't break us up. If he wants to keep me then he won't meddle with our relationship. He knows that." She told him.

"We need to get our tickets. If I go to the police in the morning then we can probably leave in the afternoon." She said softly."we can play it by ear though. No need to buy tickets for a flight we might not catch. If I'm lucky I can the trial over with right away so I can just stay away from LA all together."

He gave her a nod. "I love you too." His hand moved to touch her but then he pulled back.

"I think he knows that now but he didn't before. I swore he scheduled you to travel to run you ragged so we'd fight more. And then Andre'...I think he pushed that too." He shrugged. "That I can adjust and work through. But keeping me in the dark about your well being. That won't dly with me. We will have issues about that...I'll be nice. That's why I let things go today. But he needs to know.:" He kissed her head.

Jake gave her nod. "I know I thought the same thing. We will get the earliest one out once you're done. And be on our way home before you know it. I'll take care of it all. Don't worry. I got this. Have faith." He smiled a little.

She nodded her head to letting him handle getting them home. She closed her eyes and again and tried to get some sleep. Try as she might, she could never get a deep sleep. When she did eventually get her deep sleep she had a nightmare and woke up again. She moved too fast and tweaked her ribs.

Out of everything they could have hurt, they cracked her ribs. The bones that were always moving in her body. She got out of the bed slowly and walked into the bathroom. She used it and then she went to the living room and watched TV.

She got curious as to what people were saying happened so she used her phone to go through her mentions. Some had the story right, some had pieces correct and others were totally guessing at what happened to her. She had half a mind to tell her side of the story but everyone told her to stay off of social media so she got off and clicked through the infomercials playing on TV.

Jake waited until she was in a deep sleep or what seemed to be and then got up to make calls. He made calls to set up a flight home and also Biltmore for their wedding. He explained the situation that they couldn't make it and they were understanding. They would talk to management about booking their whole day for them. He also called the realtor in Denver that it would be a bit before they made it out.

He then went to bed to get rest himself. He slept next to her but kept his distance to not bump her. He didn't wamt to hurt her more.

One of the stories was that Jake flipped out and beat the crap out of Adri. They were grabbing at straws since he wasn't even in the same state. But they had it titled "UFC Fighter has abusive side like step-father" It bashed Jake for being jealous and he snapped. They brought up past issues he had to back up the claim.

She tried to let the lies go and watch TV but she took to Twitter to the story straight. She posted the link to the story and wrote, "If companies focused less on making money and more on telling the truth stories like this would be out there. This isn't true. Jake was in Vegas and would never put a hand on me or his son. I was beaten in a ruthless attack by two assailants and I am resting now. That's all you need to know." She posted that and then also posted, "And thank you everyone for the kind words and prayers."

She logged out of all of her social medias after that and laid across the couch to get some rest. She was tired but if she went into too deep of a leep she had nightmares. She had to teeter on the edge of sleep. At seven, she was up and trying to get dressed. She couldn't get her pants on though. She took Jake's jacket so she wouldn't have to wear a shirt.

She woke Jake up, "Help me put on my pants so we can go to the police." She told him.

Jake woke up in the middle of the night to find that Adri was on the couch. He let he be if she was resting, it was what she needed. He used the bathroom before returning to bed.

When she woke him up he looked at her and sat up. He kooked her over. "Do you want one of my shirts that's bigger?" He knew it was a good idea Jake had Luke get clothes. Jake grabbed her pants. He didn't know if tight would be good or bad. "You probably want something loose babe." He found something in her bag and bent down to put her legs through. Once she stood up he pulled them up and made sure he was slow and gentle. He gave her a small kiss. "Normally you're helping me dress and normally I'm taking your clothes off..." His lips then pressed against her temple.

"I'm going to shower quick. Then we can take off. I'll let the guys know half hour tops." He grabbed his clothes and went into the bathroom and got in the shower.

"I'll keep your jacket. I can put the hood on if someone finds us." She said softly. "That's all I have Jake. Just put them on." She was able to raise her legs and she used his shoulder to help her up. He was right about today hurting worst than yesterday.

"Call the airport when you book our flight. Tell them VIP is coming and they want a private security check." She never used her celebrity status to get through security but she isn't want to take her sunglasses off and she didn't want to be seen.

She nodded her head to taking a shower, "Thank you." She said for him helping her get drsssed.

Luke came and knocked on the door. She looked through the peephole and then opened the door with the latch on. When she was sure it was Luke she undid the latch and let him in. Liam was outside the door and nodded at her. He told her he was here and they would talk later.

She closed the door and locked all the locks again, "Jake's in the shower. He should be out soon." She dug through her purse for her sunglasses and put them. You could see the outline but most of her black eye was covered.

Jake looked at her. "I have it taken care of. We have a private jet. We have separate place to go for security. It's not a problem." He gave her a small smile. "I told you I got this."

He was quick in the shower then got out and dressed. He went out to see Luke was there. "Hey man. Alright we're ready. Liam is going with us to the police station. I have a driver if you want to call him Luke, I'll check us out then we should be good.

He gave Adri a kiss and walked out and talked to Liam a moment before checking out and go back up. "We're all set."

She was used to being the one in control. She wasn't trying to be on Jake to get things done, she just didn't like feeling helpless and not knowing what was going on. "Okay. You got this." She agreed and let him get in the shower.

She locked the doors after Jake left and waited for him to come back. She made sure she had everything before she left with her entourage. Even the hotel had security walk them to the car. Liam got in the front seat and the guys got in the back with her.

They were taken to the police department and Adri was taken to a private room where she could give her statement. She was given their court dates. They were charged with kidnapping and assault and assault with a deadly weapon wince the guy had a butterfly knife in his pocket hat the cops found when they were patting him down.

The man would be gone for a very long time. The woman would be gone for a few years at least. She'd be back for their trial to testify against them. Until then she was going to get her lawyer to make sure they both got the maximum sentence.

After that she was allowed to leave.

Jake knew Adri wasn't trying to ride him about travel details. She didn't want to draw attention or have media in her face which was understandable. He just knew she needed him to be on top of things and he would. She needed him and he was gonna come through.

He was in the room on the other side of the two way mirror when she gave her statement. When she was done, while the detectives talked to her, he slipped out to see who it was that hurt his fiancé. They wouldn't let him close or to even speak to them. But he had to see their faces. They had them both on separate holding cells. To Jake they were scum. The guy he wanted to beat up but then he'd be in jail.

He was waiting for her when she came out of the room. He whispered he loved her as they walked out. In the car he told her she did good. They made their way to the private part of the airport.

Once they arrived they went in to get bags checked and for Jake to pay. Once he did they boarded the plane. Liam got on too. He smiled at Adri, " Gotta make sure you get back safe." Security, boarding and take off was a breeze which meant Jake kicked himself even more for her not getting a plane. But he felt better for not buying a car. "We will be home in no time." He told her.

Adri smiled at Liam and thanked him for coming on such short notice. He said it was his job and he was happy to do it.

"When are you moving down? You can stay in the pool house until you find an apartment of your own." She offered. She'd have to check with Jake but she had a feeling he wouldn't have a problem with it.

"I have some things that I need to work out and then I'll be down. I will use your offer if I need it. It should only take a few more days. Are you going anywhere where you want me?" He asked.

"No. Staying home for a while." She said softly.

"That's understandable. Just don't let it control your life. You have me. You have Jake. You have Luke. Your family. You'll get through this."

She nodded her head, "I know. I know I do." Still didn't help the feeling of the target painted on her back.

Jake told Adri she could rest during the flight if she wanted. Air was one of the safest places to be. They always took the president to the air during bad situations because it was safest. "An epson salt bath may help when we get home with the pain. Plus stay up on the meds. That way you don't play catch up."

Luke took a nap and Jake did some research on what they needed to know about owning a plane and having a pilot. Ubers wouldn't work either. They'd need to drive or have a driver. Some celebrity friends was giving him some pointers now that Adri had been attacked.

After he did his research he read some of the media articles. He wasn't surprised one attacked him, but quickly found his girl's response to it. He smiled a little and replied to her post. "This is trash. At least the real trash, those that hurt you, is behind bars. Where they belong. My girl is strong as a rock. #DanielsStrong. I love you Adriana."

A few hours passed and they touched down in Vegas. "Ready to go see your family? I know your parents want to see you but told them we would call when we landed. I didn't know if you wanted to rest. This is your call baby." Jake told her as he got up to exit the plane.

She nodded her head and thanked Jake for taking care of everything so well. She as tired since she didn't get much sleep the previous night but she didn't want to let on about the nightmares. They would go away. She'd didn't need the guys freaking out over her.

"I'll take a bath when we get home." She told him.

She wasn't ready to see her parents yet. She didn't wanth Em to see the worst. She knew they would want to see her. They probably read the stories. They needed to see her. She'd call them tonight and let them come over then.

She got out of the plane with her sunglasses on. She walked with him through the airport and when they got to a crowded area, she flipped the hood up and it blocked her face. Paparazzi saw Jake and then pieced it together and tried to take photos but Adri was well covered and Liam was pushing everyone away.

They all got into the car and they were driven home.

Jake thanked Liam for helping. It was nice right now to have him man through the crowd. It didn't take long before they were home. Jake sent a text to her parents she eas home safe but would call later she was pretty tired.

Liam grabbed her bags when they got to their house and carried them in behind Jake, Luke and Adri. Amy looked at Owen, "Who's that? Go look is it mommy and daddy?" Owen went running to the door with Amy close behind. Jake picked Owen up. "Hi big guy." Owen smiled and reached for Adri calling her name. "Baby mommy can't hold you right now."

Amy looked at Adri. "I'm so sorry I was a royal bit..." She looked at Owen then Amy. "I'm not mad at you. I was just so worried." She gave her a gentle hug.

Adri was happy to be home. When she got there she felt a little better. She really wanted to lock the doors. Liam was the last in and she locked the door behind him. She would have set the alarm but Luke and Amy would be leaving soon so she'd wait.

"Hi Baby Boo." She smiled and really want to pick him up and hold him but was told not to lift anything heavy. She gave him a kiss and hug while Jake was holding him and rubbed his back. "Hi Boo." She kissed his cheeks and got him to giggle for her.

She was on the verge of tears sinc she kept reaching out to her but she couldn't take him. She accepted Amy's aplogy and finally took her sunglasses off. Owen didn't seem bother by it which made her happy. He was getting upset that she wouldn't hold him though.

"Maybe on my good side?" She said to Jake and turned her body so he could try to sit on her hip.

Jake had a feeling she'd be setting the alarm and locking the doors behind her for awhile and he could understand that. He just needed to make a note so if he went out for a run he could get in when he got back. It was nice to see Owen so happy to see his mom. But it was even nicer to see Adri smiling at Owen.

He shook his head. "He's going to squirm and hurt you. Go sit down on the couch. I put him beside you okay?" He understood wanting to hold Owen. Jake felt the same when he punctured his lung and couldn't pick him up. It was really hard, especially when Owen was reaching for him and he couldn't pick him up.

The boys made their way to the living room. He pointed to the couch for Adri to sit down and once she was comfortable, he flopped Owen on the couch and he laughed and crawled over to Adri and cuddled up to her. "Mommy hurts so be gentle okay?" He kissed Adri's arm and just cuddled against her. "Can I get you anything babe?"

Jake talked to Liam that they'd set up a contract for details of when he'd be needed. They could get a lawyer draw up the contract for both parties to sign. He wanted it so Adri could use Liam whenever she wanted but they had to be mindful that Liam also had parents, siblings, friends and life himself.

Amy and Luke made sure she was settled and stayed just a short time before heading out.

She sat on the couch and smiled when Owen sat bedside her and snuggled her. She let him crawl on her lap and lay his head on her chest. He did wiggle around and it hurt a little bit but it was bearable since it meant being with her son.

"I'm okay. This is all I wanted." She said softly.

The dogs were let in from the back and Max came over. Adri rubbed his head and he laid down in the middle of the floor. The girls came running over and jumped on the couch. They crawled all over Adri, Owen and Jake happy to see all of them. Owen wanted down so she let him let him down and he played with Max.

"I told Liam he can use the guest house when he moves down until he finds a place of his own." She told Jake after everyone left. The house was secure and locked up so she was able to relax somewhat.

Jake smiled when Owen snuggled against Adri and then gave her a nod when she said being home and with their son was what she wanted.

He thanked everyone as they left and locked the door behind them and set the alarm. He sat next to Adri. The girls walking around them probably made him more nervous than she did. "If they hurt, let me know. I'll move them." He rubbed her leg a bit. It was his way of giving her space. But being close.

"That's fine. I told him our lawyer will setup a contract for all of us to sign. I wanted to talk to you first about details. But isn't something we need to rush into for a few days while you rest and heal." He offered her a smile. "Don't let this change you...be guarded and cautious. But still be true to who you are." He kissed her shoulder.

He glanced at her. "I told you Owen wouldn't be afraid of you..." He smiled at her. "I didn't realize people were saying I did this though. I'm pretty talented to be in Vegas and you be in California and do that. I joke I'm gonna beat you, but never would..." He knew she knew that though.

Back
Top Bottom