Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter Part 2 {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

"It wasn't? Crap. I thought maybe my bachelor party was starting early." He teased and sat next to her on the floor with a chuckle.

He just smiled and found it incredibly cute that she was so protective of Owen and body glitter. "Oh come on. We can let her hold him and then take a pic. We could mark it as his first picture with a stripper." He teased with a smile. "It's kinda like taking him to Hooters but Hooter girls coming to him." He shrugged. "I'm kidding..."

Jake shrugged. "I don't know baby. It's not a big deal. At least not to me. What I'm happy about is my mother being here. Thank you." He held Owen and gave her shoulder a kiss. "I know it could not have been an easy task. If I wasn't facetiming you I would have asked if you had to go to Denver to kidnap her. I actually almost got emotional. This is the first time she's been to Vegas." He shrugged. "So something you said and did got her here. Is dad coming?" If she didn't invite him, he'd understand with his mother being there.

She pushed Jakes shoulder and then hit his arm. "He's not taking a picture with a stripper. You're a pain in my a---butt. You're lucky we are in front of our son and in my parents house." She grumbled and sighed.

She raised an eyebrow and looked at Owen. "It's not so much the fact that she's a stripper. I am half naked for almost everything I do. I don't want glitter on my son. Do you know how hard it is to get glitter off of anything? I don't want glitter on him. And Hooters girls are different but only when he's 16."

She smiled. "I'm happy that you are happy." She gave him a kiss. "It wasn't. It almost risked Amy and my friendship so not an easy task. That woman can argue but thankfully I can argue better." She smiled triumphantly.

"Amy and Luke are picking him up and then coming over." She told him. "Amy knows your mom is here your dad doesn't so I don't know how that will play out." She said softly.

He chuckled. "Oh yeah. I'm so lucky baby." He laughed a bit more. "I'm sorry."

"16? Really? Hooters girls would eat him up. He'd have every waitress coming to the table. And no. I can't say I have much experience with glitter but thanks for asking."

Jake kissed her back. "How did it almost ruin your friendship?" He looked at her confused. "Oh...now it's coming together. I get it now." He gave her a nod. "Trust me babe. You don't have to tell me you can argue a good argument. That I know. Trust me."

He shrugged. "Dad will be fine. Mom...well, we just never know what will come out of her mouth. I should get back out to her though. She feels out of place." Jake stood up with Owen. "Was that my Twinkie desert she had in the tray?"

"Maybe when he's thirty then." She said softly. "Yeah. He can go to Hooters when he is thirty."

She shrugged her shoulder to his question about the tray, "Maybe, maybe not." She smiled.

She walked behind him downstairs and they were right on time because dinner was ready. They had to wait a few minutes for Amy and Luke and Jakes dad to arrive and then they could eat. They would all have to squeeze around the table but they would all fit. Her parents sat at the heads of the table and then everyone else sat on the sides where ever they wanted.

"Jake since this is your big dinner you can lead grace." Her mother smiled and gave his hand a squeeze since he was sitting next to her.

"We are going to Hooters before he's thirty. They have good chicken wings." He protested.

Jake sighed. "It has to be. Let me guess...you wanted your mom's lemon bars so badly you called my mom just so she could make my twinkie stuff and you get your bars. I know how you work." He teased with a smile.

When his father, Amy and Luke arrive, Jake went over to give them all hugs. Luke called him champ. Jake had something in the car for them but they could get it later, he felt bad he didn't have something for everyone. "About time you all got here. It's time to eat. I've been smelling this for a bit now and my stomach is growling."

When Adri's mother told him he could lead grace, he thanked the Lord for bringing everyone together and that hard work does pay off. He also gave thanks for the food and love in the room. After the grace everyone dug in. Jake gave some food to Owen who sat in his high chair. He leaned over to Adri, "Should I ask Drew about his girlfriend?" He smiled a ornery grin.

"Forty. Stop arguing with me or I'll push it to fifty."

She laughed and shook her head, "Thats smart but no. I will remember that for next time though." She gave him a kiss. "You are so smart sometimes." She teased and pinched his cheek. "Love you."

Adri bumped him with her elbow, "Don't be a butt." She told him. "Hush. Enjoy your dinner."

She looked at her mother, "This is delicious mom." She smiled. "It has Owen's seal of approval too."

"Fine. I like there chicken wings. I'll go with Luke." He grinned at her. "You can babysit O." He chuckle.

He gave her a look. "Love you...And sometimes. Woman please. I'm smart all the time." He smiled at her and stole a small kiss.

"I was just trying to help you out." He said with a chuckle and did exactly what she said. He enjoyed the food. There wasn't much talking because he had his mouth full of food. Jake looked at his mother. "Yeah. This is amazing. Thank you." He looked at Owen. "O you like the food?" He put a handful in his mouth and said 'Mmmm.' "Yep. He likes the food."

Jake looked at his mom. "I know you said you didn't want to watch the fight...but do you want to see the part where I knock the other guy out?" Jake wanted to watch the entire fight and see where he could improve but he definitely wanted to rewatch knocking Bisping out. He knew Adri would be in for it too."

"It's not baby sitting. He's my son." She told him. "And yes. Sometimes." She teased and gave his butt a pat. "Love you too."

His mother looked at Jake and sighed. She could tell he wanted her to see it. She smiled and nodded her head, "Okay. Fine. That's all I'm watching though." She told him. "You skip to knocking him out and then I'll watch that. That's all."

Adri smiled, "I told him to do it." She said cockily. "I've been telling him to work on his kicks for months. I asked for a roundhouse kick and he did what ever it's called. Same thing just a different name. A tiny piece of that belt is mine." She laughed. "Right Boo."

Jane, the woman Drew brought, spoke up, "Did you bring it? Can we see it? I've never seen anything like it. I'd love to take a picture with it and you, of course."

"You know what I mean. You'd stay home with him and the dogs." He narrowed his eyes at her. "You calling me dumb sometimes?"

Jake was surprised his mother agreed to seeing it. "Deal. Snd no she can't take all the credit. Just a little credit. Luke worked with me on them and I had the power and skill to do it. That's my belt..." He told her and smiled before giving her a small kiss. "But your love and support helped."

Jake looked at Jane and smiled before looking at Adri. He couldn't help but feel like she was just using Drew to grt to Jake. "Um yeah I have it. We will see about pictures." He offered a smile and then squeezed Adri's leg. He wondered if she knew what he was thinking or wondered about Jane. He could be off base and she just was a fan.

Once Jake was finished eating he wrapped his arm around Adri, running his fingers up and down her arm. He leaned close, whispering, "Bucket List?" He looked at her with a grin.

"Only sometimes." She teased.

"I get to wear it sometimes, same thing." She laughed. "The U in the UFC is mine. I'm claiming that. The rest of the belt is his." She joked.

Adri smiled at Jake and looked at Owen. She told him Jane was using Drew. Now he was seeing it first hand. "Are you sure you didn't forget your belt in the LA apartment?" She asked. "That would suck. Wouldn't it?" She laughed.

"LA apartment? That's cool. Where else do you live Adri?" Jane asked.

"I live here. I just have an apartment in LA." Adri answered.

"Don't be so coy Adri." Drew chipped in. "They have a small mansion, they have an apartment in LA, they have a penthouse in New York and they are looking for a cabin in Colorado. Who knows what else they have hidden around the world. Private island for the Fourth of July maybe?"

Adri chuckled and looked at Jake. "How about dessert?" She asked the table. "Mom made lemon squares and Jakes mom made something special too." She smiled.

"Who said you get to wear it?" He gave her a look. "Oh you get the U huh. The Ultimate huh?" He rolled his eyes but smiled. "I'll let you believe anything you want."

Jake stopped and thought about it. "Actually I could have. I needed it all day Sunday." He kissed her temple.

He looked at Drew and narrowed his eyes. "I'm from Denver so it only makes sense to have a place that is our oen when we travel there. And Adri splits her time between LA, Vegas, and New York for work. Again, with Owen it's nice to know where we are staying and it being familiar for him." Jake wasn't entirely sure why he was defending their lifestyle decisions. Now probably wasn't the time to bring up he wanted to buy a new car too.

He looked at Adri then Owen. "I think desert sounds good. O you want some desert grandma made?" He nodded with a face covered in food. Jake chuckled. "Mom you make my twinkies"

Adri picked up the plates with her mother and took them to the kitchen. Jakes mom came back and took the tin foil off of the Twinkie dessert and her mom took the lemon squares out of the fridge. Adri grabbed the small bowl of fruit for Owen to enjoy as dessert. It was weird how they were all tending to their own children. She liked it though.

She let her mom and Jakes mom go out first and then she went out. She cleaned off the tray Owen was using and then spooned some of the fruit down in front of him.

"I thought it was only right your mother made you the dish you wanted. It seemed like something special for the three of you." She said including Amy.

"I'm just happy for the squares." Adri smiled and put one on her small plate. She looked at Owen and watched him enjoying his dessert. "He's going to stain his cheeks pink." She told Jake since Owen was rubbing strawberry around his mouth. "He's lucky he's cute but you're cleaning him off."

Jake thanked Adri for grabbing his place. If they were home he would have given her butt a smack. It was nice though that the mothers in his life were getting along and all together. Even if it was a bit forced and for him. He was grateful either way.

"Yes! Twinkie desert!" Jake grabbed a big spoonful of it. "I know...I know this totally kills any diet I've ever been on. I promise I will work my butt of for it tomorrow but oh my is it sooo good." Amy gave him a nod and grabbed a spoonful too and took no time taking a bite. Jake couldn't remember the last time he had this desert, then after thinking about it, he could. It was Thanksgiving, they were short on money but he didn't care cause they had that desert and it was delicious to him. "Thank you mom." He told her with a smile.

Jake rolled his eyes. "Yes baby. You love your squares." Jake gave Owen a small bite of his desert so he could taste it when Adri wasn't looking. Owen smiled and said, 'MMmm'" Jake gave him a nod, like he knew he was saying it was good. "That's fine. I'll clean him up. I can give him a bath tonight too. We both know you haven't bathed him in four days." He teased.

His mother nodded her head and smiled. She grabbed a spoonful too and put it on her plate. Amy put a spoonful on Luke's plate for him to try and Adri just stole a small bite from Jake's plate.

"You haven't bathed my grandson in four days?" Her father asked.

"You of all people know he doesn't need to be bathed everyday. He smells fine. He didn't need a bath. He can take a bath with Jake tonight." She smiled. "And you're a snitch." She told Jake. "And what do snitches get?" She asked and all her brothers replied 'Stitches.'

"You better be careful." Andre joked.

"She knows how to leave marks where people don't see. Namely parents." Alex added.

Adri rolled her eyes, "Whatever. Two more snitches." She smiled at her mom, "I would never do anything to hurt them." She told her mom and patted her hand.

"What time is it?" Andre asked.

Adri checked her phone, "Nope. How about some more dessert?" She asked and place another spoonful on Jake's plate.

Jake chuckled when she called him a snitch. "He hates bath time unless daddy is there. I don't know why." He shrugged.

He even added in on the 'Stitches.' He chuckled. "I'm not scared of you. I'm the world champ. Bring it sister." He smiled at her. He shook his head. "Right...You mother doesn't believe you. I can tell. I know you. You fight dirty." He looked at her brothers. "She fights dirty. Really dirty. And she cheats. Wow does she cheat." He shook his head.

Jake looked at Adri confused. "Why are you checking your phone...and then giving me more food. What's going on?" He looked around.

"I don't get into it." Her mother said and looked at her plate. "They figure it out themselves." She shook her head.

Adri laughed, "You wouldn't hurt a hair on my head and I physically cannot hurt you but I will accept that challenge and you will go down." She promised him. "I do not cheat. I use things to my advantage and it works." She shrugged her shoulder. "I can't help it if it works." She smiled.

"She cheats." Andre and Alex agreed. Drew remained quiet because Adri and drew never had a close relationship even though they were the closest in age.

"I had to check the time. You said it was your favorite. It's your day to celebrate so you can eat as much as you want." She kissed his cheek. "And you have to show them your belt up close and personal. Maybe they can tag team you and try to steal it." She laughed.

"Yeah but how many times has Adri come crying to you when she has lost?" Jake asked with a smile.

He raised an eyebrow. "What alarms me is you said you can't 'physically' hurt me. You'd try getting to me other ways. I can play dirty too." He gave her a grin.

"You do too cheat! And they agree." He stole a piece of her lemon bar.

He gave her a nod. "You just want me to work out more tomorrow. We can work out together. You gotta work your dinner off too love." He grinned. "We can put O on the treadmill now." He chuckled. "Yeah right, they won't take it from me. I'll knock them both out." He grinned, totally joking with them. "But yes we can get pics. Adge you want pics too?" He teased.

She laughed and shook her head, "Whatever." She pushed his head gently and rubbed the back of his leg.

"I don't cheat and I barely ran to mom crying about anything." She told them all.

"Yeah because you ran to dad." Alex chipped in.

Adri glared at him and looked at her father, "Okay, okay. You ran to me when Andre body slammed you to ther Oh dear and you ran to your mother when I did it back to you. So you are all snitches and you all play dirty." Her father declared. "You get it from your mother." He smiled.

Adri frowned and grumbled. He didn't really come to her defense. She shook her head to taking a picture with it, "I live with it Boo. I can take a picture when ever I want. O and I are fine. Go get it so they can take pictures with it." She said motioning to her brothers.

Jane clapped her hands when he went to go get the belt. Adri cleaned Owen off even though she told Jake it was his turn. She cleaned his hands, "After pictures we should be able to go." She told the table and they nodded. They got quiet when Jake came back though.

Adri was holding Owen and bounce him on her knee. They argued about who got to hold it first before Andre pulled the eldest card and took the belt from Jake to look at and take a picture with.

Jake sat there quietly grinning and randomly chucklingwith her going to her father and then he called them all snitches and blamed their mother. He kissed Adri. "I still love you, despite you cheating. No teaching Owen bad habits though. "

He got up and went out to the car with Adri's keys to get his belt. He came back in and was weirdly quiet. Adri was up to something but he had no idea what.

"Well take a picture together if you two can't take turns." He told them like they were children. He then turned to her parents. "You didn't happen to dvr the fight have you?" He still wanted to show his mother at least him walking out, being introduced then Jake knocking out Bisping and being called Champion.

"I'm pretty sure I did." Her father said and walked into the living room. Jake's mom followed them to to the living so she could watch her son knock some guy out.

Adri stayed with her brothers and made sure they didn't fight over the belt too much. She took pictures and they joked around pretending to knock each other out. Even Adri got in on the fun and put a foot on their backs while they acted like were knocked out and she had the belt on her shoulder. That was going on her Instagram very soon. It was too much fun.

Drew and Jane took a picture with the belt. "Hey Jake, can I take a picture with the champ or my friends will think it's a knock off." Jane joked. "Please?"

Adri handed Owen over to her mom and gave her a kiss. She walked over to Andre and they whispered to each other for a little bit before he agreed to something and went upstairs. Amy and Luke said their goodbyes with the promise of taking Amy's mother to lunch and thanking Adri's mother and father for dinner. They said good bye go Jake and gave him a hug and kiss goodbye.

Jake went in to get the fight set up for his mother. He did let her watch him walking in then fast forwarded to the knock out. While Adri's dad fast forwarded it, he went to let Jane get the quick picture. He posed with his fist up like he was ready to fight, with a small smile. He then went back in to his mom. "Ooo mom here it is." He showed her and she smiled when she saw it, which made Jake smile. Then she got to hear her son being called the new champion. "Mom this guy was talking a lot of smack. He was saying awful things about Adri and Owen. He deserved to get knocked out."

He gave Amy a hug and fist bumped Luke. "O give Aunt Aim and Uncle Luke hugs and smooches." Owen did what his dad told him too but stayed clung to Adri's mom. Jake assumed Amy was taking his father home so he gave him a hug. "I'm proud of you son." Jake smiled. "Thanks Pop."

Jake turned to his mother. "How long are you in town for?"

"Adri said I can say when I want to leave." She looked at Adri.

"And she hasn't told me when she wants to leave yet. I think if you annoy her enough she will be ready to leave very soon." She teased Jake and gave his cheek a kiss. "You're welcome to stay as long as you want." She told his mother with a smile.

"Mom and Dad are going to watch Owen tonight. So we can go home and watch the fight and all the shows and stuff okay? Then we can pick him up tomorrow in time for lunch with your side of the family. You ready to head home?"

Jake smiled. "You can definitely stay as long as you want. Are you staying in the guest house?" He gave Adri a look. "I can't promise anything. It won'tbe on purpose though. I'm sure Owen enjoys having grandma around. Now you can have the fun of chasing him around."

He looked from Adri to Owen. "We have to leave him?" He sighed. "Okay." Jake missed Owen but it would be nice to have a night alone with Adri. He took Owen from her mom. "Alright big guy. Be good. Daddy loves and missed you. I'll see you tomorrow." He attacked his cheek with kisses and tickled his belly. "Give daddy hugs and smooches." Owen gave him a big hug and kiss. Then Jake let him pretend to fly to Adri.

Once Adri and his mom gave Owen hugs they were ready to go. "I'm ready to get home. It will be nice to be back in my bed. Babe...we can watch everything in bed." He wiggled his eyebrows at Adri.

"A hotel. I thought it was best." His mother told him. "I will enjoy chasing him around." She smiled at Owen. "He looks just like you when you were that young. Only you hated your hair and I had to cut it or pin it back." She told him and grabbed her purse.

Adri nodded her head, "Yes. He has to stay. Maybe forever." She teased. After Jake said goodbye, she said goodbye to Owen and gave him back to her mom.

She walked with him to her car. His mother got in the back seat and they dropped her off before heading home. "Should have grabbed your Twinkie thing before we left." She said softly. "We can pick it up when we pick up Owen though." She said as they walked to the door. She opened the door and walked in. She stood back while he walked in with his stuff.

"Go look at what TapOut sent in the back yard. It's fricken massive." She smiled and took his stuff and set it by the door.

The back yard lights flicked on and everyone yelled 'Surprise'. All of the people from Jake's corner were there, some other UFC fighters, Dana and other UFC higher ups, and Eminem was there as well. Her brothers, Luke and Amy were up front too. Chipotle was catering because they were Jake's favorite and Adri was just happy it all came together. They had a few other friends around the party. This was supposed to be the after party that Jake missed out on because he had to travel.

Adri smiled at Jake and gave him a kiss. "Surprise Boo."

"I hope you know the guest house is always open. But whatever you think is best." He smiled at her.

He gave Adri a look. "You are a butt." He gave her butt a smack as they walked out

As he walked inside with his bags he sighed. "I didn't even think about my desert. Poop." He set the stuff down. "It's massive? Why is it outside?" He looked at her confused but went outside.

Jake was definitely surprised. "Wow. Thanks everyone. Enjoy." Jake turned to Adri and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her back. "Thanks baby. I knew you were up to something. Just didn't know what. You're the best." He gave her a kiss then went to go talk to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom