Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yu-gi-oh 5Ds: Rise of Darkness and Corruption (Athene/ImaginaryMuse & Razgriz)

Everyone watched as the now demon-possessed Carly would let them see exactly everything that had happened. It seemed that they had somehow been able to overpower the small guard detail outside of the 'research facility'. And seeing that one of the Trance Demons was helping them? He knew exactly what happened; so that damn foolish human had been tearing himself apart spiritually to keep his allies alive.

No matter; his forces were vast; it was why he had the Dark Signers attack Yomi. Those who betrayed him were worthless to him; and thanks to his literal copying of Hotsuma's memories, he was able to tell them exactly where to go. Even their security layout; though the loss of one of his Commanders was not exactly easy for Ignacious to swallow. And now with Hotsuma likely free, this was going to get more complicated.

But then came the agonized scream, something that did bring a slight smile to Ignacious' mouth, that of Hotsuma still being kept as a visage. "Excellent work, Niari; this information is most valuable. So Yuna was able to kill her beloved. No doubt it was Fhuma's urging; she was always adamant like he was about keeping people alive." he would say to his wife.

Only to have a scowl cross his face as she then reprimanded Kiryu, only for the silver-haired lad to reply, "Hey, what the actual fuck?! You just got here and you're criticizing me?! You fucking demonic bitch! At least I killed who I was supposed to! Your vessel lost and ran off like a little bitch!" At this Ignacious snarled, that black mass erupting from his right arm and slamming Kiryu against the opposite. "You should be so fortunate I do not remove your head from your shoulders; it is only because you killed one of them that I do not tear Ccacc from your very core." the Emperor snarled.

At this Rutger raised a hand and laid it on the Emperor's arm, "That's quite enough, Ignacious. We will deal with this in time....And with your slaughter of my brother...They are even weaker than before." At this the Emperor chuckled, holding up a sealed jar containing an arm. On its surface appeared to be a dragon's head, but more focused on the eye portion. "He would not be able to handle this power; there is little doubt he would be consumed and cause us to fail in our goal. Besides, this sort of power is better held by someone more deserving of it."

At this Kiryu grunted, "Hey....Come on let me down!" Ignacious shot Kiryu an annoyed look, but then released his tendrils, the mass returning into his arm. At this Demak spoke up, "Even with this knowledge, the Hummingbird and Whale Towers still remain inactive. If we are to have the best chance of success, those Towers must be activated."

Ignacious nodded, "Agreed; Kiryu, since you seem so sure of your strength, take your efforts and prove you can rectify your mistakes. Go to the Whale Tower...And take this with you." At this, Kiryu would be handed the card containing all of Chacu's energy. "I believe Chacu's power will benefit yours the most. And Niari....Since you still maintain hold of Asllu, I ask that you go to the Hummingbird Tower and attempt to coax the last Signers to battle you. Take their essences and exterminate them from this land."

Kiryu just grinned, "A chance to kill two Signers? Maybe even more? You freaking got it!" And with that, Kiryu was already out the door, heading to the Tower near where Bommer fell. "And what will you do in the meantime, Ignacious?" Rutger then asked, the demon Emperor letting out a little chuckle as he said, "Going to get our sacrifice ready; I think Misty needs a break from her watch anyway."

The rest of the night would eventually pass, and with it would come a very, very uneasy morning for what residents of both the Tops and Satellite were still alive. Despite being physically awake, the look on Yuna's face hinted she wasn't completely there emotionally. Her eyes were still a bit red and puffy, hinting she'd cried herself to sleep. The dark circles indicated that while she had slept, it wasn't the best rest she'd experienced either. Her actions had no doubt haunted her; but then again, they would do so to any sane person.

Her head lifted as she glanced wearily towards Hajime. "I still wish you would have gone and helped Shivini out, you know? I'm .... still a bit of a wreck, yes. But I'll live. I won't do anything stupid."

I know. I'd feel a lot worse if Mei hadn't accompanied her. Still, she's competent and physically strong, much like her actual cards. But the real point is ... I'm still your second. I need to make damn sure you continue to be 'fine', particularly given the circumstances.

Yuna managed to flash a small smile as she nodded upon hearing that answer. "It can't be helped," she muttered, sighing as she leaned back into the couch. Everyone was either mourning or taking things relatively easily. The only reason Yuna had asked Shivini to head out at all was to replenish their food supplies. For better or worse ... given the state of The Satellite and how many people had seemed to abruptly 'vanish', Yuna had encouraged resorting to stealing if it seemed necessary.

She made damn sure to remind Shivini she wouldn't scold her for doing such things. If anything, they were just a necessary evil, as Yuna highly doubted many stores would have much of any item in stock, let alone food.

She had a to-do list ... but now that Hotsuma's blood was on her hands? Most of that could wait for later. For now, she was staying behind with Hajime to keep a lookout and ensure no one unfriendly found her place, because truthfully? She didn't have any other immediate places they could leave and head out for if push came to shove and this place ended up getting discovered also.

Fayth, meanwhile, was on the back of a spare D-Wheeler, her arms wrapped around Jack. Crow had taken his to meet up with Yuna. They, meanwhile, were heading off to meet up with this Martha that had been talked about. She would see about helping track Aki down ... after this meeting. For now, she wasn't sure what to expect. But if this woman had helped in raising Jack, Crow, and Yusei? Well ... she couldn't be horrible or anything; that was Fayth's hope, anyway.

It was an odd thought simply because .... she had no recollections of her own parents. In that regard, she was pretty certain she, too, was an orphan. Reiji insisted he had never found evidence that suggested her parents were ever alive, and Fayth always viewed this knowledge in one of two lights. He was being completely honest with her .... or he had a damn good reason for lying to her. Hopefully the aforementioned, because even with a damn good incentive? She would not be fond of B at all.

It was silly to be even remotely nervous about meeting a motherly figure, but for some reason? It was making Fayth a bit anxious ... something Jack would pick up on from her silence.

A deep breath would elicit as she felt the motorcycle come to a stop. Slowly, Fayth removed her helmet and looped her arm with Jack's. "So ummm ..... should I let you handle most of the talking anyway? Truthfully, I feel kinda silly being here. This seems like something you should be doing, if not with Crow, umm ... but .... "

And if only because she heard how ridiculous she was probably sounding, Fayth quickly went quiet, faint tinges of crimson quickly beginning to paint her face.

Yamichi was just trying to keep himself busy; his pain was well-managed thanks to the supply they found back at the ruins of Yomi, but even he knew it wouldn't last forever. Mei managed to give him a dose before going with Shivini; with her medical knowledge, they could perhaps find other medicines to salvage. And if they happened to be able to take in any more survivors? They would have a more comfortable cushion to be able to spare supplies.

The sounds of a Runner made Yamichi's ears perk up; grabbing his makeshift crutch, he motioned for Yuna and Hajime to take cover. He braced himself against the doorframe, out of sight of whoever might be out there. He would peek his head around the corner, seeing someone dismounting their ride and when the helmet was pulled off? It was quite a familiar face...One that was most welcome.

"Crow..." Yamichi would say, standing out fully. "Hey, Yamichi...Yuna around?" The tech nodded, saying "Yeah, just push your Runner around back first. Security guideline; there's a garage where people won't see it." Crow would do so, soon coming back in.

"Yuna..." Crow would say once he entered, giving a polite bow of his head as he replied, "I...Heard what happened. I just first want to give my condolences...I can't even imagine what that felt like for you."

Jack rode their spare Runner, his hands gunning the throttle as he roared off towards Martha's homestead. It wasn't much...And frankly he was just praying that Martha was in fact okay. He had a feeling she wouldn't appreciate him not visiting so soon, but it was well-deserved if she did.

Once the Runner did stop, Jack helped her off, keeping her close as she might hold onto his arm. "I think you'll be fine; in fact, I'm sure she'll be happy to talk with you. Plus....Like we talked about, this is where I came from. So I'm sure she'll be pleased to meet you." And if Fayth could see, this was once a rather grand estate, one remarkably well-kept by most standards of the Satellite. But, especially now, it seems to have taken a beating...

Something that made Jack grimace; Martha didn't deserve this. But, swallowing his outrage, he went up to the front door and knocked thrice. "Martha? It's Jack...Please be alright." he would say, hearing nothing for a few seconds. He then knocked again, saying a little louder "Martha! I promise this isn't a trick or anything! It's actually me!"

"Coming!" said a familiar voice; and soon enough the kind face of Martha appeared as she opened the door. Her eyes went wide as she saw Jack's face, seeing his battered body. "Oh goodness boy, look at the trouble you got yourself into! And your little lady-friend as well no less! Both of you, come in! Before those nasty robed men and monsters see ya!"

Nodding as she urged them inside, both would hear the hushed whispers of other kids, seeing their shining faces. "It's been a long while, Jack. How many years now..." she would say, directing them both to a round table and beginning to set out tea. There wasn't much, but she always did her best to make sure everyone in her home was comfortable. "Too long....I'm sorry I didn't come back sooner....There's no excuse for not doing so, especially....After everything you've done."

At this the woman shook her head, "Oh Jack, you know you were always a wild soul. You and Crow and Yusei...Speaking of which, how are those two? Do you two still keep in touch?" At this Jack noticeably grimaced; damn it, that was right. She didn't know....

And it was something that Martha picked up on; she was always good at spotting when something wasn't right. "Jack? Jack, what's wrong, son?" she would ask, coming to kneel beside the blonde-haired boy. Jack swallowed, "Martha....I....I don't know how else to say this...But Yusei....He..." his grip on the table tightened, his knuckles whitening. At this Martha placed a hand on Jack's shoulder, saying "It's alright...Don't fret, son." Jack looked up and saw Martha, her kind face a polite smile even though it was obvious the news saddened her greatly.

"You don't have to say anymore...I thank you, at least...For being able to tell me...But am I right to assume there's another reason you came?" she would ask; she didn't want to appear heartless, but he didn't need any more reminders. He was trying to move past whatever happened to Yusei, and she had to respect that.

A low groan resounded from Yuna. The precautions and protocol were perfectly understandable. With one base gone, Yuna would be foolish not to heed Yamichi's signal. But that signal noise made it clear this wasn't how she'd wanted to start her day off, either; by literally laying low. In fact, she made quite the half-assed effort, which caused Hajime to click his tongue as he pulled Yuna on top of him while the two ducked behind the couch.

"Aren't you getting a bit bold?" Yuna whispered into Hajime's ear, earning a ghost of a smirk from her lieutenant.

There's literally no excuse for ignorance or not knowing where you are this way. But seriously, no more close calls. Both of us could have died if things went wrong last night. We all need you ... more so than before.

Yuna merely nodded, understanding the real reason for Hajime's help. Not only was it a very valid line of logic, but nice to remember that not everyone was out to kill her. Fortunately for the two, they would soon hear that the hiding wasn't necessary, as Yamichi soon addressed the source of the incoming Wheeler they'd heard.

"Crow ... hey there. Been quite a while, but good to see you also. I'm guessing you're the company Jack and Fayth are with, or at least one of them. They ... gave ... well, yeah. Go on and get your wheeler put away first, then we'll talk more."

By the time Crow returned, both Hajime and Yuna were sitting on the couch. A weak smile appeared on her face as she gave Crow an appreciative nod. "I ... definitely do appreciate it. Negative infinite out of ten .... would never recommend, not even under the most dire of circumstances. I ... umm ... for real though, thanks. But ... I'm guessing the real reason you're here is the strategy talk we at least agreed upon before Jack and Fayth left, yes?"

Yuna would give another affirmative nod.

"By all means, feel free to sit and get comfortable if you want. So ... aside from Aki, Jack, Fayth and yourself ... is anyone else alive that you know of? I'm sorry because I know that's probably a difficult question to answer, but ... if we're going to make this alliance work, then I need to know who we've already lost and who else is still alive and well."

"Th..that's kinda the point. It's where you came from, so ... this seems like a more personal matter. But ... if you're sure, okay."

Hearing Jack insist that Martha would want to meet her certainly helped out. Her muscles visibly relaxed as she took one more deep breath .... and then nodded. Well ... here went everything and nothing, she supposed. Fayth was as ready as she could be given the circumstances. The butterflies in her stomach fluttered rapidly as the door opened. Her head slowly lifted as a soft and calm - kind, even - voice registered to her ears.

.... So she's seen them at least once .... Fayth noted, frowning slightly as the words 'robed men and monsters' echoed. It wasn't overly surprising, but much like Jack ... it felt wrong for completely innocent people to be getting dragged into this mess that was quickly feeling as rough as a train wreck. Her hand continued holding onto Jack's sleeve, only loosening as they were guided to a place where they could sit down. A couch or chair from how it felt.

And just in case Martha needed any reassurance about what Jack was trying to say when Yusei got brought up? She'd see Fayth bow her own head sadly. She even tried to speak, but all of the words ended up getting stuck in her throat.

"We .... we did, yes," Fayth finally managed to chime in, moving a few light blonde strands of her own hair behind her ears. "Crow's place .... it got found once and the kids he's watching ... a few got hurt from one of those very same 'robed men' you mentioned. So he wanted to see about helping them stay somewhere safer. Temporarily, mind you ... but at least long enough for this .... situation to calm down or end somehow."

"Preferably with us still alive." she internally added, refusing to voice those words out loud.

Yamichi let the bigs talk it out, preferring to keep the local - and admittedly very jankily - made trip-alarm system he set up around the house still functional. He didn't want to make too much of a presence, but with some spare electronics he could at least synchronize their signals to his tablet. Even so, hearing confirmation about the meeting was a good sign for the tech to hear.

Even if....No, Hotsuma wouldn't want him to wallow in sadness. Even if it was him. They knew their time was limited...Still didn't make it right to have his life extinguished like that.

Crow just nodded as he sat down, listening to Yuna's despondent tone; yeah....That couldn't have been easy. Losing someone close to another? That was already bad, a pain Crow knew doubly well. But to be the one responsible, even if it was for the best? Gods above, he wouldn't wish that kind of pain even on Kiryu right now...That was beyond cruel.

And more of a reason why this 'Emperor' and the Dark Signers needed to be beaten. To spare others any more pain.

"Knowing Akiza is alive is good...They must want something out of her though if they bothered sparing her. Bommer and Demak were enough to tell me they're all usually out to kill, no matter who gets in their way." Crow replied bitterly, giving his head a disdainful shake as he recalled the bombing around his house. "But....Sadly, no. Judai and Rua are with the children back at the shelter, watching over them. Jack and Fayth are hoping to see if our foster mother can take them in; luckily, it's one place the Dark Signers won't know about. So with any luck they'll be out of danger."

Giving his head a rub, he then said, "Only thing we know for sure is that they're trying to light those Towers you see all around the Satellite. Two of them are still down, so it makes sense that they're going to try and relight them. For what? I have no idea. I managed to beat one...But he kicked the hell out of me in the process." He gave a slight wince, "And truth be told, I'm still not recovered fully."

Martha nodded as Fayth as explained what happened, and the other reason they were here. "Well, who am I to say no?" Martha would say, adding "I can always find room for the young ones. Bless that Crow, his heart is big as can be." She seemed quite proud of them all; after all, they were in her care for a long time.

"Thank you, Martha." Jack would reply, Martha only smiling and saying "Of course. With all those mean men about, it's not right for children to be in the cross-fire. Just happy to help however I can. I'm not a fighter you see...But I've heard you're a bit of one. And you too, Miss Belrose."

Yep, seemed the Duel was broadcast far and wide, even to the reaches of here. Martha then asked, "Though Jack....Have you been honest with her?" he then heard Martha ask, making his cheeks flush. "H-Honest?" he would reply. Martha shook her head, "Oh, you know what I mean; I can see how she sticks close to you. I admit, I've not much approved of what I've seen of you before. During your Duels and press conferences I mean...But I get the feeling this wonderful little lady helped you find your way again. Back to the strongheaded gentle giant you used to be. Always so protective of those you loved, just like Yusei and Crow."

Jack swallowed, completely caught off-guard by his foster mother's comments.

" .... No? So all the others .... Yusei even?"

That made Yuna's eyebrows furrow as she frowned. The sight of the Towers themselves had all but implied this situation was pretty dire. But knowing it was so bad that even Yusei's life had been lost? That brought a brand new meaning of desperate times calling for desperate situations. Yuna used her right fingers to tap at her jeans while her left hand slowly moved through her hair. "I'm not gonna even bother lying or sugarcoating the one - and fortunately, I do mean one - worry I got with this alliance. It's .... "

Her hands tucked under her jaw as Yuna paused for a few moments to gather her words. Hajime glanced over curiously, knowing it was definitely not a personal issue, so ... what was her worry?

"I suppose for a lack of better wording ... I have no idea if any win me, Hajime, or any of us earn will help as much as it could. Like .... if any of us face off against any of the Dark Signers .... I have zero ideas whether the Towers will shut off or not. I don't know if the scales will be tipped in any form or fashion, but ... " Yuna nodded firmly. "I'd rather at least try to make it more so in your guys' favor than not do a daman thing. Doubly so knowing how few of you there are left."

And even if that hadn't been the issue, there was the fact that as 'crappy' as some may view The Satellite? It was still her home. Not at all a great or perfect one, but she'd been born and raised here, damnit. She refused to simply stand by and watch ... even less so with the stakes as high as they were.

"All of mine have already agreed to partake in this borderline insane mission and given how last night went? I doubt Yamichi will object. He probably needs to get his own frustrations out somehow, and that'd certainly be one way to help him out."

Not that Yamichi had been against it, mind you. But just in case he needed any further incentives? Well ... there was one.

"Agreed. That's the only reason I was spared also, particularly by those pricks. So .... hmmm." An eyebrow rose ... but then Yuna shook her head. "If it was as simple as recruiting her, we probably would have seen her around by now. No, this feels .... more complicated. Plus, going off what we saw Hotsuma go through .... they're not seeming to go for the more traditional things that most captors would want or take from hostages. So she's needed .... for something else."

"Honestly ... if it weren't for the fact that no one else knows about this place? I'd gladly see about trying to link back to her. But this is one of the few places we have left now that The Facility has been completely destroyed and our original base was discovered by Sector several months ago. Any chance you got your own Yamichi? Or at least someone tech savvy enough to figure a way to detect where Aki is? Because that would be one of the best steps to also help turn things around for you - by getting her rescued."

Another pause before Yuna continued. "As far as the Towers go? They're needed to proceed with .... whatever exactly they're even aiming for. But they're clearly part of the equation and thus their plan. So more likely than not, all of them need to be lit up. Why two are being re-lit though .... that is an odd thought. Which is exactly why the first thing coming to my mind is one of the few that makes sense; bait, or at least to get attention, if not both."

And with the only actual Signers being Crow, Fayth and Jack? It was easy enough to understand why senselessly walking towards any of them would be reckless.

"I can probably see about going to at least one of them."

Now Hajime looked right at Yuna, who gave him a firm nod. "I'm sure," she responded out loud in a stern voice. She then tilted her head and swiftly rose her right index finger as she added, "Certain enough that at least one of us should consider going."

Then don't immediately jump the gun. You know I'm fine with heading out, as is Shivini. Just ... now knowing the Emperor is out there and with your new form ... it may be smart if you wait to face him instead of Kiryu or any of the others. Besides ... I'd be fine facing that sadistic freak to get back at the shit he pulled on Takeshi and, by default, you.

Yuna let out a soft sigh. Sadly, he did have a point. Knowing she couldn't argue against that, Yuna nodded, her voice becoming more strict. "Fine. Point made. You may have reasons to seek him out, but don't just recklessly do exactly that. No matter who you end up going against ... you damn well better return or ... if it comes down to that ..."

But that last part made Yuna grimace and shake her head adamantly.

"Nope, never mind. I take that back. Call it selfish, but no. I'm not leaving room for negotiation. You are coming back, all of you."

Yes ma'am, Hajime responded.

"But yeah," Yuna finished up, "After seeing how banged up Fayth and Jack were ... I'm not overly amazed to hear you aren't fully healed either. So I'll talk more with everyone else when they return. We'll get in touch with you guys and give a more detailed plan. For now though ... especially if that is bait ... don't take it. Let one of us see about making this more even for you guys."

"Milner, actually. I ... had to use a bit of an alias during the Fortune Cup. Kind of a long story, but it's really Fayth Milner. Thank you though."

Fayth also rose an eyebrow. She didn't immediately blush. But the more Martha elaborated and she began to piece together what Martha was really asking ... she most certainly did after a few moments. Yet despite matching Jack in appearance, Fayth couldn't help but smirk a bit. It was good to finally not be the only one embarrassed at the moment. And it sure as hell made up for Fayth almost literally hearing Fuyu snickering down at the both of them.

No fair. You shut the hell up and get your rest.

When Jack didn't immediately reply though ... Fayth did before he could even try to stop her.

"He ... most certainly has been, yes. We umm ... didn't start off the smoothest, admittedly. We actually had quite the rough first meeting, but ... he has changed. Immensely and for the better. We ... "

She almost added that they hadn't done much and while it was true .... perhaps that may be a bit much. So instead, she altered what she was going to relay.

"Y-yes ma'am. He definitely has been honest. Sometimes brutally so, but I'm fine with that. If anything, I've kinda needed those types of wake up calls in the recent past, so ... I'm grateful for them and having met him at all."

Crow shook his head, "No....Kiryu got to him. I don't honestly know the full story; Yusei kept that private. But I know Kiryu was pissed at him for apparently selling him out or something...Guess he succeeded. Fucking drowned him after beating him with a chain....Or so Jack told me. Sick bastard bragged about it like he won a gold medal too." Even now Crow shivered from just how....'pleased'...Kiryu looked as the man explained his deeds to Jack and Fayth, or so had Jack told him.

But that was not something Jack would fib about, or anyone for that matter. No one sane, anyway.

"And Demak killed that one girl....The one with the twin-tails." he would then add, a particularly nasty grimace crossing his face as he recalled hearing the news. No matter how much Demak might have despised it...She was just a kid!

Yamichi meanwhile, had switched tasks; he was honestly also trying to get in touch with Ling. But with most of the electronic equipment destroyed in the Satellite - or as far as the tech could tell, he was quite literally blind in that regard - he could not get enough of a signal for his cell phone to reach out. And he lost all of his good gear when Yomi got demolished, otherwise he could build a signal booster no problem, the sole exception being his tablet.

"DAMN IT!"

The tech shouted in frustration, making Crow jump. "Jeez man...You alright?" he would ask the tech after Yuna and Hajime finished their thoughts. Yamichi looked back, seeing everyone stare at him as his cheeks reddened, "S-sorry...I was...trying to see if I could use my tablet....to ping any active radio towers. Get them to piggyback my cell signal to the Tops....I wanted to call Ling, ask if she's alright, but after everything that happened..."

At this Crow nodded, "So...You and her are a real deal huh?" Yamichi nodded, "I just hope she's alright; if the Satellite is getting it this bad, I can only imagine what the Tops is going through. Or maybe they're lucky...And the Dark Signers haven't moved on them yet." He was sincerely praying it was the latter. They were too late for Hotsuma....He just prayed to God that Ling was okay.

Crow smiled, "You're a good man, Yamichi...But remember she's the new Queen now. If she could match Jack, then I'm sure she's holding her own just fine if anything is happening. Think about it that way." Yamichi could only pause, but then smiled as well. "Yeah...She can kick some serious ass, can't she? Even so....I would just like to hear it from her personally, you know?"

But....This was good all around. "In any case....I should probably head out. Jack and Fayth might be back any minute now, plus I need to make sure those Dark Signers didn't try to hit the orphanage while I was away. Tried to be discreet, but those bastards are tricky." Stopping at the door, Crow then added, "And Yuna? I know you don't need me to tell you to be careful...But seriously, don't underestimate these guys. Who knows what tricks they might pull. And don't worry, I'll tell Fayth and Jack what we talked about. Hopefully we can figure out a better plan of attack."

And with that, Crow took his leave....Allowing the remaining members of Yomi to reflect on what was said.

Jack was trying to not blush so damn hard, but man he forgot how blunt Martha could be! He had to actually set his tea down as Fayth tried to recover from the indirect grilling she was receiving, only to look at her surprised as she answered up on her own!

Not starting off the smoothest...Well, wasn't that the biggest freaking understatement of the century. He had a chance to prevent her arrest and just...didn't. Got her sent to that hellhole of a Facility, enduring God only knew what. He was thankful that Yuna had taken on the role of a big sister in there, helping to keep her safe. It was a miracle she had seemed to at least partially forgive him for that, or at least acknowledged that it was part of their history.

"An alias hmmmm? A woman of mystery, oh Jack I knew you would find someone interesting!" Martha said teasingly, causing Jack to become quite visibly flustered as the elderly woman chuckled. But it was also that Jack knew what she was doing: She was trying to help shield him from further trauma.

"Has he now? Yes, he always was rather blunt, even if he ended up putting his foot in his mouth because of it." Martha then said, giving one last laugh as Jack's face became impossibly red at this point. "Perhaps...But I do love her, Martha. And I'll do anything to keep her safe." At this Martha just smiled, "On that much I know; you never were afraid to confront anyone who threatened people close to you."

At this she then took Fayth and Jack's hands...And placed one within the other, Jack's fingers curling around hers almost immediately. "I'm just happy you both found each other; I can see you'll both be quite the couple. But in any case...You both shouldn't linger. Tell Crow he can bring the orphans here; I have enough room for them all."

At this Jack nodded, "Thank you Martha....That means the world to us. And don't worry; once this is over, we'll all come back. And Crow's coming with us too." Martha just smiled and laughed, "Good! I'll cook a nice celebratory feast once you win this!"

Yuna grimaced, looking back towards Hajime as Crow confirmed that Yusei was indeed dead. And by Kiryu no less. "We'll talk more, as it's sounding like several of us may need to take that fucker on. Like a gauntlet challenge or something, but .... it's clear enough only one will likely be suicidal. But .... you're not wrong about me and good old Emperor either so ... "

Yuna nodded firmly.

"We'll talk more on that."

That at least seemed to make Hajime feel better; well enough not to speak out against anything she may have otherwise said. He relaxed, leaning back into the couch. Another frown appeared as Crow added Ruka, the same child that - admittedly - was remembered once she got described - also wasn't spared. "Damn. That really is unfortunate. But ... it simply strengthens what we've already established as far as Aki goes. They need something directly with her, hence why none of the others were taken, let alone given mercy."

Alas .... no thoughts or even ideas were coming to her head, causing Yuna to click her tongue. And then jumping slightly as Yamichi cursed out loud. A slight grin did tug at her face when he revealed why he'd swore though; good. She wouldn't have blamed him too much if her idea to contact Ling had fallen on deaf ears last night, but it was nice to know he was at least trying.

"If the news over in The Tops is covering The Satellite, she may just decide the hell with it and come over here. You did influence her a bit, after all ... but that's not a bad thing. On the contrary .... it's as Crow said. She was able to beat Jack ... she most certainly probably could handle herself well enough against some of these bastards, and we definitely need that type of power."

As Crow stood and headed towards the door, Yuna would give him a grin for a response. "I do know. And don't worry - we intend to be careful. I can be hasty, sure, but not all the time. I've already stared down a proverbial barrel one time too many .... we won't act until we're one thousand percent sure on what to do. Besides ... my own third is out and about, and I'd rather her be here to talk on this issue anyway."

Mere moments after Crow exited, Yuna's stomach growled, making her roll her eyes at herself. She started to stand up, but Hajime gently put a hand on her shoulder.

"Oi, I'm not hurt or anything."

I know. But I was gonna get something for myself anyway, so it's fine.

"Okay. Just one of the bottles of water for now will do."

And then ....her gaze would move to the door. Almost as if she were hoping, or even praying, another friendly face would walk inside. Crow had been nice, as had Fayth and Jack last night. But now with Takeshi and Eikichi both dead? It was quieter than usual. And while she wasn't showing it at that moment .... Yuna truly was missing them. Almost as much as she was with Hotsuma.

And then the sister I never knew I had until it was too late to make it worse? FUCK! I want a break!

A few tears began to form as she gripped tightly onto the couch.

Even though they'd already confessed feelings for one another .... there was something sweet and reassuring about hearing Jack repeat those words. Insisting he truly did love her, and let alone uttering them in front of his own foster mother at that rate. It was the real reason Fayth spoke up; not to embarrass him, but it felt wrong to not answer the woman who had raised and taken care of him. It would have been equally wrong were this his biological mom, and so ... the right course of action, somewhat unfortunately, came at both of their expenses.

But it was all worth it, particularly as her hand was guided into Jack's. A smile appeared, and it was taking everything in Fayth's willpower to keep her hand from shaking too badly. She didn't want this to be the last time she felt Jack close to her. Hell, with how little they'd really done ... dying a virgin wasn't the most ideal fate for her. But she supposed if that meant Kiryu or his demons couldn't have it either .... then better to go that way for sure.

But if she could help it ... if she could survive this bullshit war ... she wanted Jack to be her first. And part of her was sincerely terrified that if she kept using the Angel deck ... she wouldn't succeed in that endeavor.

Well ... Fayth did have time to figure out whether she'd use her real deck or not. She had upon first arriving ... but that was also before her disk decided to malfunction.

Maybe if you don't use the XYZs?

Whatever the case, that was tucked into the back of her head. She would bow her head politely and walk outside with Jack. "Thank you for everything!" she would call back, but then go quiet. Only when she was damn sure they were alone did Fayth speak up.

"I'm just going to say it right here and now ... but I don't think you know exactly how hard it's been to ... well, as Crow has been asking .... behave. So Martha can take care of the meal, but I ..."

Her own face burned just a bit brighter as she placed her arms back around Jack's waist; partly out of desire, but also using it as an excuse to hide herself while thinking how to finish the words. And upon deciding to just be as blunt as he usually would, Fayth let the words flow from her mouth, not caring enough how crude the implications that lingered in her words otherwise sounded.

"Am going to stop holding myself back. With a pent up side that I've never realized has existed until I've felt it even start building up the past few nights. So .... I'm only partly sorry if I go a bit wilder than usual, but ... fucking hells, Jack, I don't just want you. I really, really need you ... in every sense of the word."

In fact, if she were able to be selfish enough .... hiding away in an alley would be perfectly fine with Fayth. Even with her body still a bit sore and hurting. She'd have more to focus on, or so that was how it was supposed to go. And while the thoughts started appearing in her head .... she forced them to disappear, although not without barely managing to stifle a moan of pleasure at how great it looked in her mind.

Even though Jack was normally taller and stronger .... Fayth was definitely getting fueled on enough that she'd be fine attempting to see about tackling him despite the differences between them.

Sadly .... she forced herself to remember now was not the right time, something she repeatedly cursed herself for as her head gently rested against his back. Fayth began taking calming breaths ... and would focus only on Jack as the two rode back towards Crow's place.

Yamichi could only nod as Yuna made her remark; indeed, having Ling here would definitely help. But at the same time...He didn't want her to endanger herself. She had to worry about keeping herself safe, first and foremost.

Even so, as Crow left, it was back to just them. And with Shivini and Mei still gone, it was indeed very empty in here. Even with the threat of Security, at least they had everyone. People they knew, people they cared about...And knowing it was some murder-happy cult that took them away? That made things so much worse...Especially knowing they could do nothing to stop it.

Yamichi went to sit beside Yuna, seeing the tear forming on her cheek as Hajime had left to fix them something to eat, a hand coming up to her shoulder. "Yuna....Don't worry. No matter what happens, we'll get through this. Somehow, someway." he would say; he knew his words were empty. Things were hopelessly bleak against such an overwhelming force of power.

However...Their little moment was interrupted by a visual alarm on Yamichi's tablet, showing a noticeable presence to the north...On the blind side of the house. How did they get this close already?! At least with Crow he had the alarms and the sound of a Runner to tip him off...But this was silent as can be! "Shit...Yuna, get down!" Yamichi hissed, pushing them both behind the couch. He watched the feed from the tablet, seeing the proximity displays showing one...something...going from the north side to the west side, pausing at the entrance.

He put a finger to his lips, urging her to stay quiet before hearing the door open. But then came a voice that only they would recognize...As impossible as it could sound.

"Oi, anyone here? Yuna? Yamichi? Hajime? Mei? Shivini? Anyone?"

The tech's eyes widened as he heard it; no, no it couldn't be! Yamichi peered up and around the side, seeing a black robe-clad figure....Bearing the unmistakable resemblance of their former co-leader. Except he was much different: His clothes were pitch-dark, robes striped in indigo covering his bulkier figure. And his eyes: The very same as Kiryu's in terms of color, and his criminal mark stained black instead of the vibrant yellow. But it was very much that same pattern.

"Hotsuma...No, you can't be real!"

Yamichi then rather foolishly uttered, making the robe-clad man turn his head to see Yamichi's face for only a second before it retreated. A light smirk came across his face, his voice level as he said, "Trust me...I would feel the same way. But come on, Yamichi! You know it's me, you goofy nerd!"

The mannerisms....They seemed the same so far...Was it him? But how? He saw him die on screen! Yuna killed him!

"Yamichi ... I appreciate it. But ... let's not kid ourselves. Three Signers ... four if we count the very fact Aki is still somewhere out there alive. Compared to .... what? Seven of them from the start, with Yusei being one of the deceased? Even if we can find a way to deal with Kiryu, that doesn't solve .... "

But before she could finish, Yuna watched Yamichi's gaze lower back down to his tablet. One of her own eyebrows rose too ... and then she couldn't help but grimace. If he was only getting a visual alert but absolutely zero noises .... then it made sense to assume the worst. A Dark Signer had found the place, which made her fists clench.

"No!" she snarled, "I'm tired of hiding! Besides, this is my home, so ... "

True as her words were ... there was one other matter she hadn't said out loud, but could be easily assumed. Yuna also didn't want to die. Much like she'd relayed to Crow, she already had enough close calls. And if only for that reason, she heeded his signal and went quiet, laying on the floor .... until the voice immediately registered. And it was not at all the silver-haired sadist she'd assumed would be here, but instead ... the same man she'd killed not even a full twenty-four hours ago.

"Oi, oi, oi, don't fuck with me like that!" she growled, standing quickly up from the floor. "I didn't want to. I'd like to hope you knew that, so don't fucking come haunting me like this."

But when the figure didn't immediately vanish, Yuna's body began to tremble. Yamichi's 'precaution' had been his tablet. Her own? One of the guns she'd managed to take with her when they abandoned The Facility, which was trained straight at Hotsuma as she slowly walked forward. A shaky hand landed on his shoulder ... but instead of going through it like she half-expected, she found herself grabbing his actual joint. Pure flesh ... and then squeezing down on it.

"What's the catch? What ... why are you back ... ?? Actually ... hold those thoughts, because before you answer them ..."

Yuna tossed the gun down to the ground which, thankfully, had the safety on to avoid any misfiring. She then rose her other hand up and grabbed both of Hotsuma's shoulders, slamming him as hard as she could against the wall before glaring furiously into his new violet eyes.

"DON'T YOU EVER MAKE ME DO THAT AGAIN! AND FOR THAT MATTER, NO RUNNING OFF LIKE THAT! I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE STRONG, LOOK WHAT IT LED TO! YOU'D BE RIGHTFULLY SCOLDING ME HAD I DONE THE SAME AND YOU WERE THE ONE FORCED TO FIGHT IN THE SAME BULLSHIT DUEL I HAD TO FACE AGAINST TAKESHI IN!"

Some part of her knew she'd be completely justified in slapping him. He was well overdue for one, anyway. But ... even though a large part of Yuna wanted to go through with the action, she couldn't. Her hand refused to lift up into the air. Instead, she wrapped her arms tightly around him as her head fell upon his shoulders.

"Seriously .... don't. Please. Takeshi ... he's gone. So is Eikichi. They both fell with The Facility. Mei and Shivini are out to get more supplies, but otherwise? What you see ... is just us. Don't fucking be that stupid again, please ..."

Hajime, by now, had returned with two bottles of water in his hand. He originally had considered food ... but opted against it simply because he knew that was why Mei and Shivini were out. So once Yuna started screaming? He ran out ... and wasn't quite sure how to feel. Relieved on one hand. This had almost literally killed Yuna, and he truly was happy for her. But the selfish part of him? Well .... he had sincerely enjoyed that kiss last night, regardless of how crappy the timing was or not.

Then there were other things ... like recalling the last interaction he himself had with Hotsuma, and how he got senselessly punched in the gut.

But for now ... if literally only for his leader's sake ... he let the relief remain at the forefront of his mind, forcing the jealousy to at least be as silent as himself for the time being. Hajime gave Hotsuma a nod, welcoming him back ... and praying like mad that this time around, he'd heed Yuna's words. Because otherwise? Well ... he wouldn't hold his overprotective side back next time, plain and simple.

Frankly it was no shock to have them think he was some kind of vengeful spirit; in truth? He was, but it was not Yuna who was his prey. And while no spirit, he was definitely not human anymore either. "Yuna....I know..." he would try to say...Only to stop as he was pushed back. Not a sound came from him as she forced him up against the wall, though not because of anything he had done. It seemed his body was void of any physical sensation. There wasn't even any pain from the shove or the contact with the wall.

And when she told him off about running away? He knew exactly what she was referring to....Oh man, did she have a lot of catching up to do. No fault of hers of course, but that bastard Emperor had done well to drive a wedge between them. Between him and Yomi, him and everyone he cared about. And the worst part was that his own moment of overwhelming grief was what let it happen. As such, he stayed absolutely silent as she vented, only to have her voice taper off as she begged him not to....And yeah, he knew. Oh god did he know...

The Emperor was only too kind to let Hotsuma watch through his own eyes the destruction of Yomi, how the Dark Signer's forces laid waste to the traitor legions of the Emperor's army. And Hotsuma had burned so much of his spirit energy that he could not stifle the Demon Emperor any longer.

And it was here that Yamichi too also ran over, his arms around Hotsuma's side, joining Yuna in a large group hug. "Hotsuma....Holy shit...." the tech muttered, tears streaking on his cheeks as he began to cry, both in joy and shock. How was this even possible?

"You guys....We all...Better sit down for this...."

"Hi everyone, we...."

Hotsuma looked up to see Mei and Shivini had returned, the medic dropping her pack and standing there slack-jawed. "Someone...Please tell me I'm not hallucinating...." Mei would say, almost at an entire loss for words. "No, Mei....He's back...I have no idea how, but it's him!" Yamichi said, still keeping himself pressed against Hotsuma, not wanting to ever let go.

"Doc Mei....Been a while....What's it been, a few months? Six or more?" Hotsuma asked, Mei approaching and placing a hand on Hotsuma's cheek. "Yes...But....How..." she would ask, only for the former co-leader to say, "It's....a very long....Very complicated story....Look, whatever you all were doing, take care of that first...Trust me, you need to hear this."

Once everyone was seated wherever they could, Hotsuma would begin. It was a simple start: That night Miyamoto died in the rain all those months ago....When he stormed off to bury him in a fit of frustration. He was heated....Out for blood. Yuna had begged him not to go...But his pain and searing hate of Security blinded him to her own pain, deafened him to anyone else's pleas to not leave. And that's when the Emperor planted the poison seed: Take revenge. An idea he found very appealing, delectable even. And before he knew it, his mind and body had been seized; the Emperor had swapped control, his dark influence almost completely overtaking him.

Only his soul remained, able to fight off the last vestiges of his influence. The Emperor did indeed call forth a legion, used the promise of a Facility takeover to establish a stronghold, to trick Yuna and the others into believing it was still Hotsuma finding them a new place after Security had raided their old headquarters. The disappearances? An act to make Yuna lose trust in him, his increased aggression driving a wedge between them. Even the act of striking Yuna was something the Emperor did, and the fact that Hajime had intercepted a blow meant for her only worked in his favor.

Even their rescue of Yamichi and Eikichi was used as a cover, a deliberate manipulation of convenient circumstances, for that had been his key to getting to Akiza. To stop Yuna from killing her then and there, and the fact that Yuna did let Rose go berserk on his ass? It was a perfect fit for his own plans and schemes, something to drive a wedge even more between them. And those conversations between him and the Emperor? Staged, dark magic to make it seem like two separate minds in communication with each other, when it was just the Emperor quite literally talking to himself. Even when it seemed unnecessary; strong as he was, Hotsuma had noted the guy was very paranoid.

"But I don't understand..." Mei asked, adding "If that was the case, why didn't the demons attack sooner?" Hotsuma nodded, "That....was probably the only way I was able to help. The Emperor fully planned on killing you. I had to...well, I guess 'burn' .... my own spirit energy to make the kill command one of protection. Wasn't easy...And it hurt like hell. Felt like I was tearing myself apart...But I had to. I couldn't let him...." Shaking his head, he then said, "Even during that Duel, I had to bait my energy to save Takeshi...I had to surrender the barest amount of control I had left to spare him. I had to make it seem like it would work in his favor, so I told him to do whatever was necessary....And I would give everything I had....But I kept a bit locked away further inside. Something....to reach out to Akiza....I knew she would get the message."

Yuna gave a shaky nod of agreement, moving away from the embrace as she joined Yamichi in sitting back down on the couch. Before that, though, she leaned down and retrieved the gun. Not just because that was her precaution, but to ensure no one outside of this house found and took it for themselves. Hajime would sit beside Yuna, handing her one of the two bottles. Yuna gave her lieutenant a polite bow of her head and managed to open it, albeit with a trembling hand that, by nothing less than a pure miracle, didn't drop the damn thing.

"Sorry that took a while, we -- "

A bit of color drained from Shivini's face as she damn well nearly dropped the bags in her arms. She moved closer to the couch, getting a better angle and thus better view. And when she saw it was indeed whom she thought it was ... a hand covered her mouth. " .... Hotsuma? What ... what happened to your eyes, though? And how'd ... ?? Give ... me a few moments."

Within moments, she would be with the others. Curiosity was swimming through the Amazoness user's as she and all of the remaining members of Yomi and Disciples listened carefully to his long, but necessary, tale.

" .... So effectively, you haven't been yourself for a while."

Yuna took a few moments to let that sink in before slowly nodding. "It does make enough sense, I suppose. Certainly explains specific actions and words that were uttered for sure." A sideways glance towards Hajime was given as her words now shifted to him, "I know that was one thing that really bothered you. Him leaving, him hurting me in any way. But I have no reason to believe he's lying. He's been as horrible of a liar as me, so ... can you forgive him?"

.... Not right away. In due time? Perhaps. What I can do now is be grateful he's back and able to help us turn this all around for The Signers.

And even though he didn't say it outloud? Hajime was making it perfectly clear that he could have walked down the exact same route; been selfish and only thought about himself. But ... no. Even if it didn't lead to the exact same path Hotsuma had gone down, he refused to take that chance anyway. Primarily for Yuna, yes ... but also the others who had survived thus far, Signer or not.

But know this, Hotsuma. The next time you hurt her in any form or fashion? I don't care how much stronger your deck or powers are; I won't let it slide.

Yuna nodded, flashing Hajime an appreciative smile. All things considered, this was a better start than she'd expected. Yuna would most definitely take any blessings she could get, and if that meant slow but steady progress? So be it.

"Then ... that leads me to a few other things. Crow arrived a bit before you came over here, and we agreed to see about helping turn the tables around. The Towers ... some of them have been re-lit. I'm thinking it's bait, and told him not to take it, nor to let Jack and Fayth do so. We've all agreed to talk over who should head where, as well as possibly considering more than one person dealing with Kiryu. Going off his track record ... we may need to force him into a gaunlet-like match, or something similar in nature. There's definitely going to need to be a strategy used with him, that much is for damn sure. Next, there's Aki ... and wondering if you know exactly where we can find and get to her?"

After allowing Hotsuma enough time to answer all of the earlier inquiries ... there was one more thing that Yuna had been keeping tucked away. One she'd actually intended to bring up to Yamichi moments before he walked in. Hotsuma's return just made it all the more sweeter.

"Last ... but certainly not least .... I suggest we merge. I'm not simply leading Yomi, nor are you doing so for The Disciples. We become The Disciples of Yomi. What say you, Hotsuma?"

Yamichi could only listen further; god, what a horrible tale. To think the Emperor would go so far; but why go through so much trouble? Did Hotsuma's actions really inconvenience him that much? If the Emperor was as strong as he was boasting to be...Then that seemed like an awful lot of trouble. Or maybe it wasn't...Maybe that kind of wheeling and dealing was just in their nature, a way for their plans to become fruition.

And looking at the results? Well, it was hard to argue the Emperor had helped the Dark Signers immensely in their goal. Whatever that was...

And naturally...People were curious about how to go about things moving forward, but one thing that Yamichi noticed was that Hotsuma seemed to ignore Hajime's not-so-veiled threatening promise. After Yuna asked her question, Hotsuma just said "I think Yomi is just fine; in truth, we were already one in the same once we agreed to work together. The Disciples thing was just to know who was in charge of who from a technical standpoint. I think I can say that Yomi being the big label is something we can all be behind."

Yamichi nodded, "Yeah...But Hotsuma, didn't you hear Hajime? You know he's got nothing against you too badly right? You shouldn't ignore him." Hotsuma just blinked, "The hell do you mean....I didn't hear him think a damn word." This brought Yamichi back to when Hotsuma couldn't understand Yuna either when her voice was robbed; what was happening now?

"Are you going to tell them, boy? Or should I?"

At this, a very loud, very ominous voice echoed within the minds of everyone inside the room. Yamichi and Mei had to actually cover their ears, making Hotsuma sigh in dissatisfaction as he asked aloud , "I thought we agreed I would break the news, you big fucking dinosaur." Mei only stared, "Hotsuma...What was that? Break what news?"

At this, the former co-leader calmly pinched his nose and breathed in aggravation, "I was hoping to be able to ease people into this....But I guess we're going balls first then." At this Hotsuma stood up, saying "Shivini, you asked about my eyes yeah? Plus, you're all probably wondering how the hell I pulled a self-resurrection out of my ass. Well....In truth, I didn't. You know those psychotic fucks the Emperor's helping?"

At this Hotsuma ditched his cloak and shirt, turning around and revealing a rather telling mark: A giant bird-shaped pattern, the style very similar to the Marks born by both the Signers and the Dark Signers. Expanding across his entire back, the wings reaching his ribs, the beak touching the nape of his neck and the tail and legs extending to his lower back; and if Yuna looked? She would see he had developed a lot more muscle, strange given he was now dead. Well, undead. Anyway.

Yamichi and Mei's eyes both widened in horror, the former saying "God...No, Hotsuma...You're with them?! What the hell!" Yamichi shouted, tears of concern starting to bead at his eyes. "No...I'm not with them...Hard as it might be to believe, this one....Well, he still wants the world destroyed, but it's....Ugh, damn it it's complicated. Look, long story short? Ignacious slash Emperor fucked everything up, big surprise, and now Big Bird here wants to use my body as his escape. Apparently he's one of two keys to the Emperor's scheme and if he's with me? Emperor can't touch him since he's bound now. So that part is kaiboshed unless he rips him outta me, which I ain't gonna let happen."

Mei blinked, "Then....Does that mean they actually have Akiza as well?" Hotsuma nodded, "Yeah...And she's the other piece. She's holding on for now, but they're draining her. Forcibly ripping her power out to complete whatever fucked up ritual they have going on." And this time he looked right at Hajime, "Look man, didn't mean to ignore you...But the whole Psychic thing? That's gone...I ain't one any longer. Got replaced by this pact I have with this God. But Im going to assume that you told me that if I ever hurt Yuna again, I'd regret it. Somewhere along those lines, yeah? Well, I can only promise that I'll do my damnedest...But the fact is I'm hanging on by a thread. Only reason I'm even here is because this God used his own energy to stabilize my spirit...."

When Hotsuma revealed he hadn't heard Hajime, both his and Yuna's eyes narrowed. That had happened after that one bastard had a spider bite her neck. So what was his catch? Why was this seeming to happen to him? Obviously in its own ways, but it was similar enough that neither we deeming this a mere coincidence. And sure enough .... there it was. The shoe that dropped. He was aligned with one of them which .... Yuna was torn with. One one hand, it should have been something she'd seen coming. Every other Dark Signer, from what she'd known and heard, came back because of this type of resurrection. So why would Hotsuma be an exception?

On the other hand?

It was incredibly odd that of all the things to have happen ... his abilities that - admittedly forced - were somehow stripped away. Despite how they received them, Yuna was fine with the aftermath of Divine's experimentations. After all, it was precisely because she'd been worked on at Arcadia that she even got her Getsu form which, as of now, was one of the few things that would no doubt help out when it came to The Emperor.

So knowing that Hotsuma's powers were suddenly gone? Yuna was kinda miffed for him, even if he was chill with it.

Hajime on the other hand scoffed and shook his head.

Fine. Someone else can play the 'being seen but not heard' card, because I'm not using that. Fuck that shit.

"Oi, Hajime ... "

Yuna, there's literally no point to me staying here if I can't contribute jack shit to him. Before he turned and pivoted on his feet, he nodded as another thought seemed to cross him. Congrats. We're no longer just saving Aki 'cause she's a Signer. Now I'm gonna see about having her undo my fucking mute state. She wants to thank me? That's a damn good way to.

Yuna sighed as Hajime then turned on his heels and left. And while Hotsuma wouldn't be able to hear his thoughts ... the door to the room he was using slamming was a decent enough hint in case the exit hadn't been an ample enough hint of what he was thinking or feeling.

"Not gonna lie, Hotsuma. That 'it is what it is' sorta response? Not a great tactic. You were literally there when I was in his shoes. You knew and validated my frustrations, so seeing you kinda shrug my second in command off like that?" Yuna grimaced, shaking her head firmly from side to side. "I don't approve of that. Not at all. Your situation may indeed just be an 'is what it is' sorta thing, but you really could have chosen your words much better. I'd like to think you at least know that much."

"For now though ... we're going to need all hands on deck with helping out. Which means ... "

Yuna gave a nod towards where Hajime went towards.

"I'm going to go calm him down. We can talk more in depth when I return about what exactly we do first. Whether we save Aki, deal with the Towers, what. But umm .... intermission, I suppose."

And with that, Yuna would take her leave, just barely managing to hide a disappointed look from Hotsuma as she disappeared from view.

Even though Hotsuma couldn't hear a word Hajime was thinking, the look in his eyes told it all. Yeah, maybe it wasn't the best choice of words...But given the past events? Being blunt and honest was about the only thing he could do to make up for what was lost. Especially with the Emperor having completely fucked his relationships as much as he had. Those stains would take a damn long while to wash out.

"Hajime, wait..." Yamichi started to say, but Hotsuma just replied, "No, let him go....We'll get through this. So let him cool his head; even with everything that happened a lot of it is on me in the first place. He's right to be pissed." And even though he did know he could have chosen his words better, as Yuna said: It was what it was. All he knew was that Wiraqocha was going to bring him back from the dead, not how that would fuck with his powers. And frankly? He wasn't surprised he was no longer a Psychic; the Emperor literally separated himself from him.

Bastard probably stole his powers for himself, another component to whatever bullshit plan. "You could have at least let me explain it as I planned. You can't just drop this shit on people like that, especially with everything they've been through." Hotsuma scolded the God, Wiraqocha replying "If he gets upset because of a lack of communicability or your past deeds, that is on him. All that matters is stopping Ignacious; you can handle your petty mortal squabbles once your world is no longer in danger." Hotsuma then just replied angrily, "No see, that's where you're wrong. I'm already on thin ice. Granted, yes, the Emperor used my body like a sick puppet but they still were convinced it was me doing all that fucked up shit! Me they thought betrayed them and ran off for good! Hajime and I might not be the best of friends, he's someone Yuna loves! Loves and trusts! He hurts, I hurt, she hurts! So next time, when I say follow my lead, you damn well better listen! Got it?!"

A moment of silence interceded between him and Wiraqocha, the Condor sighing loudly, "Very well...I suppose this is a bad time to mention that while much of my power is stabilizing you, that I can undo that one's curse?" Hotsuma blinked, "Curse? You mean his muteness? How did you even..." to which the God replied, "You forget that much like the Emperor, I share your memories. All of them...Including everything that was shared between you and the Emperor. It is a simple enough trick to undo...But I suppose the key now is getting him to listen..."

At this Hotsuma pinched his nose again, "Yeah, maybe you could have told me that before I made an ass of myself? For fuck's sake, if you had my memories, you would know his being mute fucking sucks! No one should have their voice robbed like that! Let alone anything else like Fayth had done to her!"

At this, Hotsuma stood up, Yamichi asking "Dude, where are y..." but then his former leader said, "I'm going to fix this; if Hajime doesn't like it, he can slug me like the Emperor did to him." Yeah, Ignacious was so very keen on parading how well he was destroying everything Hotsuma loved and cared about, just for his own sick amusement.

Leaving Yamichi behind, he would then go to where Yuna was, following where she might be as he approached the door; maybe this was a bad idea, but he needed to show he was here to help. And with what Wiraqocha said? Well...It wouldn't be a magic cure-all, but it might be a decent start. If only so Hajime and him could actually talk man-to-man.

Going up to the door, he then knocked, "Yuna? Hajime? Look....I know I came off as a total ass just now...But can we talk? And no, I'm not trying to be a wise-ass. I mean it...Look, this God? He says he can restore Hajime's voice...If you'll let him, and me by extension."

How the fuck are you fine with any of this?!

Yuna had barely walked fully inside before the words were directed straight at her. She latched briefly onto her lower lip, closed the door behind her, and sat beside Hajime as she gathered her words. Only when she knew for certain how to respond did she nod and speak up. "Well ... before I assume, fine with any of what exactly? I think I know what you mean, but ...."

Him being back, particularly as if he were one of them.

And there it was. The guess she'd been assuming he referred to. Granted, it was a very fair concern. Knowing he had indeed done the exact same revival process that Kiryu and the others had gone through ... there was the possibility that the Hotsuma they were speaking with was just doing another really good act. But ... Yuna had a reason to offer Hajime as to why this wasn't what he had seen play out.

"I suppose because simply put? He's passed up gods knows how many chances to do anything. Whether it's obliterating the whole house, all of us ...."

Yuna shook her head.

"And now that we've heard he actually does have one of the gods, it would be that simple. But whatever he was trying to explain about this one having a complicated stance about wanting to destroy the world, but ... clearly having enough of a difference to help Hotsuma out ... it's not a lie, okay? I don't quite get it either, but I do know that when Hotsuma wants to do something, he doesn't hesitate. That applies even here. If he'd come back truly as one of them ... things would have gone very, very differently."

As Hotsuma knocked, Hajime's eyes narrowed. Yuna shook her head, gently rubbing his shoulder to help calm him. First clearing her throat, she then spoke up, "I do need a bit more than a few minutes, you know?"

And then he went on to try to justify why he was coming over despite it not having been long at all since Yuna left? There was a noticeable pause. With nothing being dictated out loud, it was easy enough to guess both Yuna and Hajime were talking telepathically, all while ensuring it was kept between them. At least a minute and a half, if not a full two, would tick by before Yuna let out a small sigh before replying.

"It's ... a coin toss. One of the things he was saying while leaving was he wanted Aki to undo this. Since ... well, she was the one responsible for making him this way in the first place. However ... he's not going to pretend he wouldn't like to have his voice back. He'll think on it. We appreciate your efforts at making up, but right now? One of the best things you can do is what I said I would; give me enough time to finish up here. Then we can start moving forward."

Hotsuma could only wait as Yuna and Hajime might talk amongst themselves; even with them using their private connections, it was wholly unnecessary. Hotsuma had been robbed of all his Psychic powers, including the ability to listen to the thoughts of others except for those of Wiraqocha himself. Part of the contract, but one that worked in his favor: It served to sever every last tie the Emperor had to him, made him by the own Emperor's magics virtually untraceable. That didn't mean others couldn't potentially find a way to scry his location, especially with a God in his body.

Even then, when the decision was made? He wanted to argue...To tell Hajime to quit being so damn hard-headed...But frankly? Not only did Yuna's words make sense, trying to do so would only worsen tensions. "Alright...Well, whenever or if-ever he wants it, I'll be waiting." was the last thing he said, his footsteps very much evidence of him walking away. Yeah...This sucked. He didn't except the warmest welcome back, but whatever happened? They needed to move past it.

They had to, if it meant the Emperor's plan could be stopped. Their best bet was definitely getting Akiza out. And....Well, he would wait until she might come back. Going back into the living room, he sat down on the sofa with his arms over his legs, his back hunched asYamichi came to sit next to him. "Hotsuma...You alright?" the tech asked, Hotsuma just chuckling "Oh yeah...Fan freaking tastic." Giving a sigh, he then said, "I know I left you guys in a bad place...But I didn't want this to happen, you know that right? Could I have done better, I would have...But..."

At this Yamichi squeezed his hand, "I know...And so do Hajime and Yuna, deep down. Though...Being honest...I felt the same way Hajime did....More than once. I thought you had left us....Abandoned us after everything we suffered..." Now it was Hotsuma's turn to try and comfort, "Yamichi...You were right to feel that way. And Hajime is right to be pissed; the Emperor saw how badly his actions were affecting Yuna. The others...And he paraded them, like his magnum opus of dickery. He played us all...And I let him do it. I don't expect Hajime to forgive me any time soon; hell, he might never forgive me. And I just have to be okay with that, much as it sucks."

Once they return...Perhaps the other bit of news you have will be on more welcome ears."
Wiraqocha said, Hotsuma nodding "I hope so...We could use a damn break."

He then looked to Shivini and Mei, "And...I suppose I owe you both a direct apology as well. Mei...I know our initial meeting didn't go so well. Back in the Facility I mean...But thanks. For taking care of everyone when I couldn't. Same goes for you Shivini..." Mei just smiled, "Well, I think now that we know why, it's a bit easier to understand. I admit I am skeptical of this 'Wiraqocha', but if his word is as good as you say? I'll be happy to take his aid." to which the God replied, "That much it is; Ignacious has had his retribution coming for a long time now. And once we rid this world and all the others of him, only then can we resume the path forward as it should have been."

More than the telepathic talk being done out of spite, it was more so out of habit. And with the added protection of ensuring no one else - particularly any Dark Signers - could even try to pry into either of their minds? It was the safest option as far as they were concerned. But it hadn't been done as a middle finger against Hotsuma ... something he could accept and take as a silver lining for him. And once they heard him leave and walk away? Yuna wrapped her arms around Hajime, letting her lieutenant's head fall upon her shoulder as she began rubbing his back gently.

His eyes closed as a soft, content sigh passed his lips.

You'd be a good mom, you know?

A wry smirk appeared on Yuna's lips. "Truthfully? I've always thought I'd be a shitty one. I mean ... who doesn't know about having a sister for so long like me?"

You were kept in the dark. I don't doubt if things had been different, you'd at least try to help Rose out.

" .... The main issue with that, however ... is I may also not be here. In fact, if it went badly enough ... we'd be in the same fucking coffin. So ... messed up as this may sound ... maybe it was kinda a blessing not to find out until it didn't seem to matter."

Either way, disregarding what if scenarios ... your mannerisms count more so. To me they do, anyway.

" ... Is there a certain reason you're bringing this up?"

Just giving honest thoughts.

Yuna flashed a knowing look. One that implied she understood Hajime wasn't telling the entire truth. But ... he wasn't also lying. And if only because of that much? She left it alone for now. He wasn't forcing himself on her or doing anything as stupid as that idiot from Divine's group. Gestures like that were ones Yuna could not only appreciate, but respect.

"Are you mad at me?" Yuna finally inquired, earning a soft sigh from Hajime. He contemplated on his answer .... before moving his head from side to side.

Not you, no. Not even circumstances like you might be guessing. If anything ... more myself. Even when you were still Yukio ... you were hot to me. But I didn't really know if I swung that way, to word it.

Yuna couldn't help but chuckle. "Oh? Really now? So was it a relief or something when you found out I was actually a woman?"

Not .... for the reasons you may assume. But in some respects, yes. It's ... complicated. And we can discuss that more later on.

"That mean you're feeling better now?"

Yeah, yeah I am.

Nodding at his response, Yuna stretched as she sat up, Hajime following suit. The two exited the room in time to hear Hotsuma apologizing to Shivini and Mei. Shivini would give Hotsuma a polite nod. "What kind of third in command would I have been if I did nothing?" she replied teasingly. "But no, for real ... it's not an issue. A bit hectic at worst, but I'd gladly do it all over again."

Yuna lightly patted Shivini's shoulder as she walked by the Amazoness user, then sat back in the same seat her and Hajime had been in mere moments ago. "Alright. Take it away. You got our complete, undivided attention now. Let's get stuff figured out, shall we?"

The others just waited in the main room for Yuna and Hajime to finish talking, Yamichi staying close by his boss's side. It wouldn't be too much longer before they emerged, but for the meantime? Hotsuma was frankly glad to be back among not just allies...But friends. People he could rely on.

And he wasn't about to let anyone take that away from him if he could help it. And if too he could do anything? He would give Ignacious a good square kick in the nuts for all the shit he pulled. He didn't know if he would survive this....Because there was one thing that he felt didn't get conveyed, and that was also his own fault.

But...He was going to come clean entirely here. No more secrets; they couldn't afford to keep them. And if there was one silver lining to him no longer having Psychic abilities? It was that the last thread between him and the Emperor was cut. Which meant at least from him, he was clear. But...That didn't stop his wife Niari, the Demon Empress of Hell. Even so, they needed to hear what he had to say.

"Even so...You shouldn't have had to do that. But....I'm glad Yuna has you as a third-in-command." he would say, his own face falling as he recalled what happened to Eikcihi and Takeshi. That was something else he was going to rip the Emperor in two over: Those two were family, and the sick bastard had them killed.

Once Yuna and Hajime re-emerged, giving him the floor, Hotsuma nodded. "Look...I'm going to be completely straight. Our chances aren't good. Those Towers? They're more than just a sign of how many Gods won in their battles; they're catalysts. The reason the Satellite looks so empty? People are being sacrificed to them. Dragged from their homes or being absorbed when a Dark Signer wins. And it's not just here; it's even happening in the Tops too. The Emperor's been sending his forces to the other side, taking people. Bringing them here..."

Yamichi's eyes widened, "Wait...Does that..." to which Hotsuma said, "That much I don't know...Maybe she's okay, and I pray she is, really I do. But as much as I saw, it was still whatever the Emperor deemed worthy to show me, or what I could glean. But if I know Ling, Yamichi? She's probably over there kicking ass, helping out however she can. Those peons the Dark Signers have are going to need bigger numbers to take her down." This was something that seemed to comfort the tech, but still had a look of worry.

"Look....Once we stop the Emperor, I'm seriously declaring a holiday. No Duels, no fights, no nothing....We all need a break, that much is for sure. But right now, we need to get the Emperor's plans ground to a fucking halt...And thankfully, we do have one thing working for us: For better or for worse, he's stuck here. This ritual or whatever he's doing? He can't leave the area where it's being conducted. And that area also happens to be where Akiza is....You guys know that old reactor building we tried to investigate? The one that turned out to be a Security trap?"

Yamichi's eyes widened, "But...There was nothing there. The building was a shell." Hotsuma nodded, "Yeah...But it's not the building. That giant ass crater where the center of it used to be? That's where they are....Apparently they have a base in there." Mei cocked her head, "The B.A.D.? Well, it's been basically quarantined for the past decade, but the Director always said it was because the gang activity was too high. Same with Armstrong." Hotsuma shook his head, "That was a cover; it's because those fuckers set up shop in there. Waiting for the right moment to strike. And fucking Goodwin knew about it....Because their leader is none other than his own brother."

Yamichi and Mei both seemed to develop shocked expressions, the former saying "What...Wait, you mean the actual leader of those psycho bastards is Goodwin's BROTHER?!" Hotsuma could only grimace, "Yeah....I won't pretend to know everything that goes on between them, but...Ignacious and the other Gods have been planning this for some time. That giant crater is a doorway to Hell....I mean literal Hell. Demons the likes of which we couldn't even fathom, ones that make even the Tops' buildings look like fucking toy blocks."

At this Wiraqocha chimed in, "The boy speaks the truth; should Ignacious and my brethren prevail, horrors that would break your very mind just from sight alone would flood this realm. And then they would conquer the next, and the one after that, until all of creation flies under his dark banner. The other Gods have their suspicions, but only I know the truth: He plans to betray them, take their essence into himself and force all of existence to bended knee in his service. What Ignacious did to those Security officers when the boy and Yuna took over Yomi is a small taste of what he is capable of: He will warp and corrupt everyone and everything to match what lies deep in the Abyss."

At this Mei asked, "But then how do we stop him? By all accounts, unless the Signers stop the other Towers from being activated, he's unstoppable." Hotsuma just paused here, then said, "Except he's not; the Signers might have to be on their own with the Towers, but there's something we can do. All of us." At this Yamichi then asked once more, "Wait, why can't we help with the Towers?" to which Hotsuma said, "I said they might be on their own....But from what Wiraqocha told me, only those who bear the Marks can influence the Towers. Maybe we can...But in all honesty? I think we're better off trying to free Akiza; she's the last remaining piece to his puzzle, I would argue even the whole lynchpin to this crazy-ass scheme of his."

Yuna would keep silent as Hotsuma came clean and revealed everything. However, when the revelation that Rex had a brother who was involved in this mess was mentioned? Oh yes, Yuna most certainly smirked ... and damn well snickered out loud. But she at least forced herself to remain quiet. Only after Hotsuma was completely finished did she clear her throat, tucked her hands under her jaw, and began to voice her thoughts.

"So ... I'm not gonna say you're wrong about the Towers. That'd be stupid as fuck. However ... Crow appeared not too long before you did. About five to ten before, give or take. And he mentioned that two of the Towers, specifically, have been re-lit up. Between that and seeing him, Jack, and Fayth ... they're all still pretty banged up physically. Which I'm guessing ... is from something Hajime told me about ... and we've both experienced at least once before, if not more. But if they're in that kind of shape? It can only, well, not only, but certainly, be because ... the damage from these duels is being made real."

The atmosphere swiftly got tense. Shivini most certainly knew exactly what Yuna was speaking about. One of the last duels she'd had with Takeshi had also been painful. And worse off, that wasn't his fault at all. That was during the Fortune Cup where somehow ... someone decided to make themselves hurt one another despite that being the last thing either herself or Takeshi wanted.

And Hajime? Yuna had to grab onto his arm to keep him from storming away.

"Sorry. I know that doesn't sit well with you given that's ... why you're mute. But it just ... that's one of the few things that makes sense. The other being what Jack and Fayth relayed about Kiryu taking some tools to their leg and shoulder respectively. The point being that if they're really the only three Signers left and none of them are at one hundred percent? We should at least try to let them recover, even if it's only a small amount. And for that ... I do think some of us should see about handling The Towers. I really don't wanna call Crow and make myself sound like a fickle bitch by saying 'Nah, change of plans. You guys handle that' if it can be helped though."

"And then ... with Rex having a brother? I think they should know that also. Because ... let's be real. Rex doesn't give me the best impression of being someone who lets anyone know all of the details. He's probably kept them all in the dark. And with something that relevant coming into the light, per se? They at least should know, if absolutely nothing else."

There was most certainly a chance that even Rex didn't know about his brother being a Dark Signer. Yuna would internally agree and acknowledge as much. Even still ... being kept in the know was a belief that Yuna firmly believed in. So if she could assist in any way ... she wanted to extend that to the remaining Signers.

"That said ... I do agree that the absolute biggest threat is indeed Ignacious. But I really think we should consider having at least one to two people see about handling the Towers."

I'd be fine with that.

And since he remembered Hotsuma couldn't hear him anymore ... Hajime rose his hand, with Shivini following suit soon after. "And I'd be fine joining him. Now that Yuna can turn into Getsu Fuhma .... she should be with anyone dealing with Ignacious, aiding in getting Aki free, or both. Regardless, that's easily one of the best chances we have."

The air was a weird mix of both tense and relaxed; in some ways, Hotsuma was glad to be able to give them this information. But he had a feeling from Yuna's posture that she didn't agree with everything he was saying. And when she elaborated? He understood better why; he didn't know she'd been visited by the Signers, or at least one of them. And the news of there just being three now? Out of....Six? Seven? Either way, that wasn't good.

It was one of the things Ignacious kept him in the dark on; he didn't know things were that bad. And he had only been going off what Wiraqocha had told him before he arrived. Hotsuma sighed, "Shit...I thought they were able to escape or something. Fuck, yeah....No way we can let them fight alone." At this Hotsuma then asked aloud, "Oi, Big Bird...You absolutely sure there's no way anyone without one of the Marks can interfere with the Towers?"

There was a good long pause, clearly the Condor trying to think, before eventually all would hear his voice in their heads, "To my knowledge, only those with the Signs of either the Dragon or the Gods can cause any meaningful interaction; though I suppose it is more because no one else has ever tried. As I explained to you before we arrived, this used to be a sacred ritual. The Gods would choose their Champion, and the Dragon its own, to conduct a Ritual Duel to determine the fate of the world."

But after another short pause, Wiraqocha added, "Given the most recent events, however? I believe there might be a chance those without the Marks can indeed attempt to deactivate the Towers. But you must battle the Dark Signer at their respective Tower and emerge victorious in order to do so." At this Hotsuma let out a relieved breath, "Good; even if it's just a chance, we need to do something."

At this Yamichi jumped, "Hotsuma...If we're having people go after the Towers, I want to do what I can as well. Takeshi and Eikichi gave their lives to help me and the others escape; if there's a chance to do something, I want to contribute." Hotsuma just nodded, "You don't need to ask my permission, brother. At this point we're literally fighting for our survival; if Ignacious and the Dark Signers win, that's it. Game over...But we sure as hell ain't going down without a fight. So you want in...Just promise me you'll be smart about it. Don't take too many risks."

Hotsuma then would say, "As for Goodwin's brother? Definitely should let them know as well; whoever you met with before would be a good start, Yuna." Mei then piped up, asking "As for this Akiza....What exactly is the plan to free her?" Hotsuma had to pause, but then he said, "That....Is where things get tricky. The energies around their base are where they're strongest, but there is a window...A small one, but it's there."

He then paused to gather his thoughts, knowing what he had to suggest probably wasn't going to be welcomed...But it was all the information he had at the current moment, and the longer they waited the stronger the Dark Signers would get. "At this point, there's no way to stop the ritual from starting, based on what this God told me. But we do have a shot at interrupting it. Once they start, Akiza will be held over the pit, her powers forcibly taken and drawn to the literal Gate of the Underworld there. At that point, Ignacious' defenses will be at their weakest. If we can break the binds between him and Akiza before her powers are completely stolen, I can use what little energy I've got left to literally rip Ignacious' spirit from his body...And Yuna? You'll be the one that breaks Akiza's chains. That sword Getsu has is literally the perfect weapon for it. Once you do that...The energy backlash should allow me to rip his soul out and seal it within myself. "

Yamichi then had to ask, his expression turning worried, "Hotsuma...That sounds extremely risky. You make it sound like you're going to die again if you do that." At this, Hotsuma wouldn't respond, his gaze turning downward. Yamichi then got more visibly frustrated, "Hotsuma, you just got back! You can't just..." but his boss then said, "Yamichi....You know this isn't entirely me, right? I'm already dead. Besides....Like I said, the ritual can't be stopped from starting, but we can interrupt it." The tech was silent, but had to acknowledge the truth. Hotsuma wasn't really alive

At this Hotsuma then took a piece of the cloak covering his body...And tore it off, holding it up between his fingers. "If this cloak represents my whole soul, then this is probably about how much of it is still intact. I'm running on fumes; even Wiraqocha's presence can't hold me together forever. And if this is how I have to go out? I'd rather be able to try to undo the months of fuck-ups that bastard Emperor caused than play it safe. And if it means you all have a chance to see the sun again? I can't think of a better reason to risk it all than this. And if you do win...Well, Wiraqocha is going to be sealed along with the rest of the Gods again anyway, taking me with them...So either way, my time here is short."

It clearly hadn't hit Yuna that Hotsuma was literally on borrowed time. Only when he elaborated himself to Yamichi did she clench tightly onto her blue jeans, gritting her teeth angrily. "You always were a shitty tease, Hotsuma," she bitterly muttered, forcing the tears that were wanting to fall to do just that then and there. Her head fell against the back of the couch as she let out a long, deep and clearly frustrated sigh. Her head slowly moved up and down ... before Yuna clicked her tongue and nodded.

" .... Very well. Then .... we all need to do our parts and ensure we make this fucking count. I'm first gonna call Crow. Let him know that he, Jack and Fayth don't need to go check the Towers out, that we'll handle it. Yamichi, Shivini, Hajime? You all can head out when you're ready. No rush ... none at all. You're going to need all of your nerves and wits about you, and I'd rather you guys do that when you're completely prepared, both mentally and physically for that. As much as I'd love to order you all to return ..."

Yuna grimaced.

"I know that's an unrealistic command to give. But you damn well better at least try. And if you really can't? Then give those fuckers hell and ... who knows? Maybe ... maybe some freak miracle will happen or something. With all the crazy shit we've been seeing and experiencing? I dunno ...."

But Yuna would be damned if she couldn't hope or pray like mad for that.

You know I fully intend to.

"As do I," Shivini added. Yuna gulped as she looked between the two nervously .... before standing up and pulling them both into a rare but genuine hug. "I know you two will aim for that. Truly, I do. So in case I don't get to say this? You've been amazing ... not just as subordinates or anything. But as some of the few friends I've ever had, so ... thank you both."

A good two or so minutes ticked by before Yuna nodded once more ... and patted them both on the back. "Alright. You two do whatever you need to. I'm gonna keep my own word and contact Crow now."

After hearing the dismissal, everyone went their own ways. All had an array of emotions flowing through them ... no doubt fear and anxiety among them to name a few; yet everybody was doing their damnedest to keep their emotions intact. After all, it was exactly as Yuna said; if they were going to stand any chance in winning, step one was staying calm.

Fayth and Jack had returned and were quickly informed by Crow about how the meeting with Yuna went. They likewise relayed their own encounter with Martha - sans the 'embarrassing' parts - and that he could indeed take the kids there safely. After thanking them, Crow had hurried off with Judai and the children to Martha's. Which .... finally allowed Fayth and Jack to be alone.

Yet despite her earlier words .... Fayth was perfectly content to simply lie down and finally attempt to relax with Jack. Something they didn't get much of unless they were sleeping.

Alas, that peace came to an end, but not in the way either of them would assume. An odd aura surrounded them both, the new source of energy causing Fayth to lift her head and cling onto Jack. "W-What's happening?!"

Jack would be able to see a circle forming underneath them. And then ... it opened up. Before either could grab onto any part of the wall or interior of Crow's place, they were dragged down into the portal, landing a bit roughly onto concrete. But the harsh arrival would be the least of their worries.

As Fayth slowly started to get up to her feet, she started to take a step forward ... only to almost lose her balance as a shackle from seemingly nowhere appeared around her right ankle. Jack would very quickly match Fayth and soon .... she stepped forward.

"You may have finished me once before ... in that weak human form. But now ... I'm here to make up for that failure."

That made Fayth raise an eyebrow. The words implied it was Carly, yet .... the voice was very, very different. Not even human from what she could tell. She glanced over anxiously at Jack .... and then shook her head. Ultimately, it didn't really matter. Fortunately, she wouldn't need to wait long for confirmation.

"Ah, yes. One of you Signers is blind. I keep forgetting about that."

Fayth clenched her fists as the new voice chuckled haughtily. "You've got the right idea, sweetie. I used to be Carly. I have been reborn ... courtesy of my gracious husband, Ignacious. You may now call me ... Niari."

" ... Stay out of my head!" Fayth snapped. Niari smirked, ignoring the words. "You have a lot more to concern yourself with soon enough. Be grateful that I was assigned to find you both. I don't think you know exactly how eager Kiryu was at the mere thought of finishing the job. But ... that was exactly why I was able to persuade Ignacious to let me do it."

If Fayth could see, she'd note a scowl emerging on her face.

"Damned fool kept messing around. And he had you both in the best possible place! But no! Like a cocky predator that toyed with its food far too long, he messed up and allowed you all to slip. And no wonder he was taken aback! Of course he wouldn't have known how to handle the likes of Divine!"

"Divine? So ... that man who ...??"

"Mhm. The one who arrived at the hospital and helped ensure you two could even get away at all. The same bastard who killed me in the first damn place. Well ... glad to know he got his Karma for killing off a mere, innocent reporter. It's what he deserves. But enough about him. As I said, I'm finishing what Kiryu failed to. Two on one .... you each will have 4,000 life and I'll have 8,000."

A smirk spread over Niari's lips.

"Or ... if you're really that adamant on not wanting to duel, very well. It'd be just as easy to kill you two. But I'm offering you something Kiryu wouldn't - a chance. An opportunity to save yourselves. So ... what say you?"

"I hate you. Every. Single. One of you! But ... " Fayth bowed her head, turning away as she muttered in a mix of fury and defeat, "You leave me no real choice. Fine. I'll do it."

And after Jack agreed ... Niari would clap her hands together. "Perfect. I will go first since you two have an advantage against me. Then the fallen King and the Fallen Angel, then back to me. Should you two win, the shackles will vanish and you'll be teleported back to the house you were staying in. But the moment both of your life hits zero? Your souls go straight to the tower. The only chance to save one another is for the remaining survivor to win. Now ... we duel!"

The sounds echoed from all of the duel disks as all three decks were shuffled. Fayth would carefully move her fingers over the tips of her cards .... and felt a surge of relief swim through her. She could definitely work with this. So now ... she had to see what she needed to worry about.

"I'll set two cards then activate my field, Future Vision! The good news .... is this effect applies to all of us, not just you two. Let me show you both. I summon Fortune Lady Fire ..."

And though Fayth couldn't see the effect, a soft whoosh that hinted something had vanished helped her fill in the blanks. "Anytime a monster is normal summoned, it will be removed from play. But only briefly. They'll return on our next respective turns, and it only occurs that one simple time. Easy enough for you to handle, yes? Fortunately ... that's all I can do. No attacking on the first turn and all, therefore ... turn end!"

Normal summon, huh? Fayth mused, barely keeping a grin hidden. Good. That helped strengthen the belief that she could indeed work with her hand. In fact ... it was one of the best possible ones she could have gotten. Sure, things would be a bit slow. But ... this was most certainly a hand she could work with.

Probably not the best way to break the news....But as he told himself, there would be no more secrets. And based on what Wiraqocha had told him? He wasn't like the other Dark Signers; yes, the Condor was the most powerful, but Hotsuma's soul was in tatters. Only so much could be done to cement their bond with so little to anchor itself onto. And....At least with this he could finally do what Ignacious had not for the longest time: Tell her the whole truth.

As the meeting wrapped up, Hotsuma too would nod at Yamichi. "Same goes for you...Be careful out there. Be smart like I know you can be." At this Yamichi nodded...Then rushed Hotsuma and hugged him tightly as he could. Something Hotsuma returned. "Yuna's right, you know: You suck sometimes." Yamichi then said, making the former leader laugh, "Yeah, I do...But I'm hoping my contributions going forward make me suck that little bit less.

But....With that, the three subordinates would go and get themselves ready. No doubt this would be a hell of a fight, but...If there was a God? Not one of these Earthbound assholes, but an actual God like he had believed in....He touched his brother's pendant around his neck. "God damn it, Kami-sama....Fucking give us a win. Show us some damn sign that you care." Hotsuma muttered, feeling someone else touch his shoulder.

Seeing Mei, the two just looked at each other....Before long Mei going to tend to Yamichi; she was going to give him a better cast, since it was likely he was going to have to move. Along with some prepped vials of painkillers to help ease his movements.

All the while, the world moved on....The time of the Ritual was drawing near, and they had only a short window to make something happen.

Indeed...This little break was quite nice. Even if it couldn't last forever. Jack had promised Fayth that once this was over, they were going to go away somewhere nice for a while. Just the two of them; god damn it, they deserved some alone time. He had still had funds from his financial management teams; though with how things were, they might need to be somewhat frugal...After their trip.

But then, of course, they got sucked right back into the thick of it. Jack let out an "Oomph" as his ass hit the broken concrete of the Satellite. Miraculously, both his and Fayth's disks had fallen with them, allowing them to access them if they needed. Which, by the sounds and looks of it, was right about now. "Who the hell...." Jack asked, before long the strange woman introducing herself. Niari....Ignacious....Wait, the Emperor was her husband?! Shit....This was bad.

But then she mentioned Divine; that crazed cult leader Goodwin talked about? That was the bandaged guy who saved them?! But why; he thought Divine hated anyone who wasn't a Psychic. Though honestly that mattered little at this point; the fact was now someone else was fucking desecrating Carly's body. "I don't care who you are or what you are; you're going to pay for doing this to Carly! I accept this challenge!" he would say, getting his Deck ready as the Duel commenced.

And as Niari played her Field Magic - correcting her host body's previous mistakes already - she then gave a demonstration of its power. So, a Summon of the monster would make it be removed. But that was just if it was Normal Summoned. Fine, he could do that. In fact, with his current hand, he could use this to his advantage. Though he might take some damage in the process. And with only half the normal LP of a regular Duel, this wasn't going to be easy.

"My turn! I draw!"

Pulling the top card from his Deck, he took a quick look; not the greatest. But at least he could set something up for a future battle, or even give Fayth a chance to make her own play. "I set one card face-down, then I Normal Summon Dark Resonator!" The tiny demon appeared, cackling...Before giving a slightly sad wail as it was removed; yep, this Field Magic was quite annoying.

"Enjoy this while you can, because no matter what happens, I'm making sure you lose! Turn end!"

"Hmmm .... "

Fayth took a moment to very carefully listen and examine, courtesy of the mental image of the playing field in her head, how exactly this was working out now that Niari had a new field. And ... it was as annoying as it felt. A grimace briefly overcame Fayth ... but as she moved her fingertips back over the text of her cards? She took a soft breath.

Panicking won't do you any good, she persuaded herself, drawing the top card off her deck. Indeed, this wasn't going to be as quick as she'd prefer. But it was something and that was always better than nothing. Doubly so in cases like these. Grim as it was ... the truth was Fayth had to constantly remind herself that Morningstar was now gone. Absorbed into the Tower originally meant for her. She couldn't lose. If she did? That was it. And no fucking way would she force Jack to handle the rest of the duel.

More than enough people had saved her as it was. And most of those same individuals tended to have done so multiple times. Now more so than ever ... she needed to help pay those favors back.

"My turn!" Fayth declared. "I discard Zeradias from my hand to get Sanctuary In The Sky, which I then proceed to activate! Next, I'll set two cards and then a monster."

"Hmph. Think you're clever because you found a loophole, girl?" Niari sneered, frowning as she was simply met with a defiant smirk from Fayth. "Enjoy that while you can. Because once I destroy you both ... the last thing you'll be doing is glancing at me with a smug look. Draw! I'll summon a second Fortune Lady Fire. But as she goes, the first one returns. And now that she's back, her first effect kicks in. She goes up a level, which causes her attack to increase. I'm sure you can do two hundred times three, right?"

Fayth merely nodded with an irked scoff accompanying the gesture.

"You don't have to believe me, girl, but speaking of fire ... I do love yours. It'll make it all the more fun to snuff out at the end of this duel. But until then ... please do keep it alive and well enough."

"Shut up and keep going with your turn."

"Very well, very well. Luckily for the both of you ... there are no face up monsters. As such, the next effect of Fire can't activate. And ... I very highly doubt she can get past a face down monster. Most have way more defense than six hundred attack, so ..." A clawed hand pointed at Jack. "Go get him! Direct attack!"

"I'm not letting you hurt him! Trap card, open! Scrap-Iron Scarecrow!"

She hadn't originally gotten the card because Yusei used it. He just helped her get to the shop way back when she first arrived in this dimension and it seemed like a very useful card. But now that she knew it had been in his deck ... and he was gone ... Fayth was hoping this was some sort of a sign. That maybe - crazy as it sounded in her head - he'd watch over them and help ensure they could win this duel. Anything to believe in would be helpful, particularly when she knew for certain Morningstar was no longer around.

" ... Well played. I can't fault you for that. Well then ... it seems my turn is up. Your go, Jack."

Jack grimaced as Fayth took her turn, noting that she had indeed found a loophole. Even so, from what he experienced during their last Duel this Deck Carly had used was something that could build card advantage very quickly.

And then Niari took her, a second Fortune Lady Fire being Summoned and then excluded, another effect of it being revealed; so, this Field Magic Summoned the monsters again? And this Fortune Lady Fire had the effect to use it on a face-up monster they controlled? Probably nothing good. But even with just 600 Attack Points, it wasn't anything he could block. His face-down wasn't mean to intercept enemy attacks, at least not directly.

He braced himself for the attack, only to have a very familiar card show up and save him. Scrap-Iron Scarecrow, his eyes looking at Fayth; he had forgotten she had that card. Indeed, it was like Yusei was here with them, trying to give them an advantage to win this Duel. "Thanks Fayth." he would say, glad she had that at the ready to intercept them.

And he would take all the help he could get. Against a Demon? This was bound to get quite tough.

"My turn! I draw! Thanks to your Field Magic, my Dark Resonator returns to the field!" At this, the little fiend returned, its key and tuning fork at the ready. "I then Summon Ogre of the Bloody Tears! And per Future Visions, it is removed from the game until my next turn!" The kanobo-wielding monster appeared, then vanished into the future.

It was that Jack then declared, "Battle! Dark Resonator attacks Fortune Lady Fire! " The fork-wielding imp then charged, striking the fire-wielding woman and shattering her image, 700 points being deducted from her life. It wasn't much, even more so since she had double their starting life.

"Turn end! Fayth, you're next....Don't worry, we can win this." he would say.

Back
Top Bottom