Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yu-gi-oh 5Ds: Rise of Darkness and Corruption (Athene/ImaginaryMuse & Razgriz)

It wasn't every day a lad like Yamichi found himself within a place of relatively unbridled excess; stores around the Satellite usually were either heavily guarded or destitute and looted by gangbangers. And because of the scarcity, normal supplies were just too expensive for many to purchase. Here though? People could go and go freely it seemed; indeed, much of what he was forced to learn in the Satellite would take some time to undo, but thankfully he knew Ling would be there to help him relax.

Giving a slight laugh as she teased about the electronics boutique, he would just say "You don't know the half of it; I'd definitely like to stop there before we leave." However, first came the business of clothes. Indeed, he had maybe a handful of items in that department; some fresh threads would be a welcome change. But where to start? He had no clue; his only wardrobe was always a handful of items, and while they managed to get basic laundry services in the Satellite....Well, it wasn't exactly easy to use when one was part of a group of gangbangers with authority hunting them down.

Following Ling along, he would look over the provided outfit....Yeah, it seemed nice. He liked how it looked in the mirror; and giving the fabric a touch he remarked in how soft it was compared to his clothes. It was definitely an improvement. And the smile on Ling's face just helped cement that he had made the right choice in coming here: This was definitely a needed distraction at minimum, especially given the hellish nightmares they had faced together.

"Gold might be a bit too flashy for me...Yellow definitely works though. But....I'd like your input before I buy anything else. Just so I don't walk out of here looking like a total circus sideshow." Yamichi replied with a hearty chuckle, then beginning to browse the various selections of clothes. Definitely grey jeans were on the menu for him, contrasting with his shocking blonde hair, and with Ling's wonderful aid he managed to acquire several new outfits, along with the necessary undergarments to add to what he had.

The bill came out to be shockingly expensive, even if Yamichi didn't mind paying for it. It was just more money than he was used to spending in a single transaction. Soon enough, though, the pair was walking out of the store with several bags of clothing. "Wow....I don't think I've ever spent that much at once." Yamichi joked, the bags heavy in his hands. He was grateful for the opportunity though; this meant if he did go back, he could have something other to wear.

But then his stomach rumbled; seemed their little shopping spree helped the tech build up an appetite. "I....admit I don't know this mall very well. Where should we go eat you think?" he then asked Ling, very much curious to see the rest of this massive complex.

Ling

"Know? Not really, nah, but I can certainly see well enough it's important enough to you. And that's all I need to know."

Ling personally disagreed when Yamichi thought gold may be a bit much, but kept that to herself. She was merely helping out; the end verdicts would be left completely to her lover. Besides, she seemed to hit more marks than miss them, something hinted by what he ended up choosing. Most had at least one suggestion she'd tossed over to the tech. Ling would merely smile happily and nod in approval, turning completely around when he went to look for appropriate undergarments for himself.

... Not to say it wasn't slightly tempting to sneak some glances in via peripheral vision. But she knew perfectly well that if roles were reversed, Yamichi would be in her exact same shoes, from blushing just like she was doing to allowing her to have ample privacy while trying such clothes on. Only after Yamichi hinted he was done trying any boxers or briefs on and ready to pay would Ling pivot around and guide him towards the register to check out and pay for his purchases.

Whereas Yamichi was taken aback at the final amount, it was something Ling was simply used to. That plus there was the fact her parents never had any issues buying her new clothes and then the even simpler fact she'd always lived in The Tops. Things being ridiculously expensive ... it was just something that had always existed. And it likely had even before Ling had been born.

"Me too," she replied, chuckling softly as her own stomach growled. "Let's see .... hmmm. You up for a really good burger? I know I am."

Thankfully, she'd lead the tech to a restaurant that had other options in case he was wanting something else. From salads to steaks, he'd find variety would be the least of his worries once they were guided to a booth inside of the restaurant. "It's been a really long while since I've been here. It feels great to be able to come back with someone special to me."

Not that being here with her parents was horrible or anything. But the love for Yamichi was a very different type from what she had for her parents, hence why it was better and different for Ling.

"So umm ... how has it been for you to stay in The Tops? It hasn't been too ... " Ling pursed her lips together, wondering what the best word to use would be. After contemplating over her options, she hesitantly finished the thought, figuring that if nothing else, Yamichi would be smart enough to understand where she'd really been wanting to ask. "It's not too ... haughty here, is it? I wouldn't blame you too much if you said yes. It umm ... it definitely does have its share of people who come off as that way, and some even worse. But I'd like to think it's got some perks despite the accurate stereotype we have surrounding us."

The tech was overjoyed with Ling's assistance naturally; it was going to be nice being able to not have to do laundry every other day. This time, he could actually wash his clothes on a more convenient schedule because he chose to, not because the needed services were unavailable like it was in the Satellite. He was hoping to never have to go back to those days, same went for the others. And based on the press reports, it seemed like that was a real possibility.

The mention of a burger was something that made Yamichi's ears and eyes perk; he hadn't had one before, even when he was here last time. The radio ads spoke of them from time to time, places like The Beef Stack buying much airtime to advertise their newest sandwiches. He was definitely curious to try one...But he actually got a bit overloaded when he got to the food court of the mall.

Putting it simply? It was massive, far larger than anything he'd ever seen. There was food from all over the world here: America, Korea, Japan (naturally), and several others. There was also a collection of sit-down restaurants. One of which they ended up going to, aptly named Steak Royale. It was a bit of a cheesy name, but Yamichi honestly got a chuckle out of it. Plus the ability to relieve his arms of his purchases for a moment was quite welcome; thankfully the place wasn't too crowded, so that along with Ling getting some friendly chatter from the hostess led to them being seated almost immediately after entering the restaurant.

"Well, I've not been here before...So I feel the same way. I'm glad to experience something new with someone special to me as well." Yamichi would say right off the bat, a slight reddening of his cheeks taking over before he might start to look over the menu.

However, Yamichi would put it down for a second to look at Ling as she posed her question. Haughty....Well, there were definitely the fair share that came off that way. But...That was one thing he disagreed with Hotsuma on a lot: He knew better than to assume that just because it was a city of riches that they didn't have their own problems. Sure, the wealth and separation of the factories and jails helped take the stress off; he wasn't naive enough to think it had no effect. But at the same time...Some people here did seem at least amenable to change.

And frankly? The biggest evidence of that for him was when Ling won the Title Match. There was a more meritocratic nature to this city than he initially knew about. She had proven herself, even had a plethora of fans from day one. Sure, there was always trolls most certainly. And he wasn't going to let his little stint in Arcadia discolor his perception either; that was a whole other beast on its own.

"Being perfectly honest, Ling? There are people here who definitely come across as mightier-than-thou...But lucky for me, I can just tune them out." Yamichi would say, giving Ling a polite smile as he reached over and touched her hand. "Besides....You being with me is more than enough proof of this city's character. Even with...our rough start, you showed compassion. And you won the hearts of the majority after you earned your Title. I haven't been here all that long...But beneath the glamour and the - admittedly MUCH cleaner - streets, I know there's people here that have their own struggles. Their own dreams and wants."

His cheeks flushed, adding "And...Being honest, I feel like I lucked out hugely. I know I said this before...When you pulled me aside after what happened with Takeshi...But I was honestly scared of losing you that day. I thought...if you had learned about where I came from, you would ditch me." A relieved laugh came from him as he recalled his own feelings that day, those emotions running through him briefly as he finished, "I'm not one to usually like being wrong...But let me know, I would take being wrong on that subject over anything else in the world."

Ling

Ling smiled, feeling her heart soar as Yamichi revealed he felt the same about this meeting being as special and significant as it was for herself. Fate certainly had an interesting way of uniting people with one another. When she'd met him during the tournaments, she never expected to view Yamichi - or any of his friends, really - as anything more than acquaintances. Yet here they were, falling more and more in love with each passing moment the two had with one another. It was a beautiful feeling; something rare that existed nowadays. What they had was a pure and genuine set of emotions for one another.

"Glad to hear it isn't just me," she replied, taking one of the tech's hands into her own and gently grasping it. Ling allowed herself to simply enjoy the contact between them and even let herself get lost staring into Yamichi's bright green eyes. Before she could open her mouth to speak up again, a new voice in the form of their waitress broke the ice.

"Do either of you know what you want to drink?"

"Ah, yes. Green tea for myself."

And after Yamichi would give his response, the waitress would walk away, leaving the two alone. A soft sigh of relief passed Ling's lips. "Not you, nothing with you," she hastily reassured. "I'm glad she either didn't recognize me or didn't point me out. Especially now that I'm actually out on a date as opposed to simply going out and running errands or something of the like by myself."

Even without elaborating further, Yamichi could piece together why that was the case. The paparazzi were relentless enough as it was. If they ever caught sight of a famous person such as herself with another individual? Yeah, that could become quite the nightmare, something she'd seen numerous times with other people within the Tops' upper echelon of sorts. Finally, Yamichi began to answer her question on how he viewed The Tops and everyone in it.

And ... well ....

It certainly made her grin widen. "I'd say we both lucked out. I wasn't really looking for a boyfriend or anything, but I ended up finding one of the best gentlemen I could have ended up running into. Honestly? The whole labeling and stereotypes between who hails from where? I've never believed in that nonsense. It's stupid and petty. If anything, you've shown that a lot of people from The Satellite are more intelligent and capable of having decent intentions. In comparison to the punks or thugs that unnecessarily bully others just because they can and such, that is."

Not long after Ling finished voicing her thoughts would the waitress return, setting their drinks down before looking between them. "And what about your meals? Are you two ready for that?"

Ling nodded. "I definitely am."

But just in case Yamichi isn't? She went quiet so he could offer the waitress that hint, rather than speaking for him.

Yamichi flushed as the waitress came back, happening on the lovebirds holding hands; it wasn't that he was embarrassed they were, just that he wasn't used still to outward affection. Even if he did pull off a rather daring maneuver during the Title Match with Ling. But that was more spur of the moment; this was far more deliberate and intimate, "I...uhm...Could I have a...cola...Is that what it's called? I've not had one before...." The waitress would nod and mention she would return.

"A...Ah, yeah...I imagine having fans and paparazzi after you too often would get old. Most of that kind of attention I got came from Sector...And not because they wanted my autograph.." Yamichi replied, trying to make a joke about his past. Hopefully those days were done and over; the Satellite deserved a break from the tyrannical crackdown of Goodwin's regime. Thankfully the replacement director outwardly seemed more welcoming...He prayed this would translate equally to his actions and policies.

A smile and deeper blush crossed his face, his eyes closing for a second as he replied, only after she finished, "Well...That reputation isn't entirely without warrant. My....former Boss had a lot to do with that...Same with Yuna. Even if it was with good intentions...Well, we had to do what we needed. But...Thanks. Glad to know I helped improve the Satellite's reputation a little."

Yamichi then looked up as the waitress came back, asking about their order. Ah shoot, what was he wanted to try after looking it over? "I'm so sorry...I saw something...Ah..." the tech would say, hurriedly picking up the menu and asking "Could I have...the steakhouse bacon burger, please?" The waitress would smile and ask, "And how would you like that cooked?" Yamichi blinked a few times; how would he like it cooked?

"Uhm...What...How do most people order it?" Yamichi asked; he'd never had a hamburger before, so he was definitely curious about this. "If you're looking for doneness, I would say medium." she then replied simply, Yamichi nodding, "Then medium, please." And with that, the waitress then turned to Ling, asking "And for you, Miss Ling?" Granted it was obvious that most anyone would recognize her...But going off the waitress' tone? She was just acknowledging that she knew who Ling was, and didn't seem like the sort to start fangirling all over the place.

Ling

"Well ... from the few whispers in the wind that I've heard, Sector shouldn't be an issue now. It's actually getting a revamp of sorts; new leader that'll enforce actual policies as opposed to petty stuff like getting arrested for dueling. Stuff like that. So you and Yuna's crew shouldn't even have that sort of trouble ... assuming none of you try to push Sector's buttons. But I doubt that'll happen, just from what I've seen and heard from everyone."

If anything, it'd seemed like they had been fighting to try to get a new and very improved version of Sector. Now that it'd finally happened ... there wouldn't be trouble. Not from them, anyway. Knowing Yamichi likely wouldn't want to keep discussing that, however, she opted to leave it at that. Thankfully, the waitress's presence helped out and gave Ling an excuse to avoid any awkward discussions. She kept her hand intertwined with Yamichi's, waiting for him to finish giving his order before clearing her throat and speaking up.

"And I will have the double bacon cheeseburger with salad in place of fries, please. Medium well cooked for myself, please."

Even without asking, it was clearly a way for Ling to help make up ordering something not overly healthy. By adding something that was, it'd make up. That plus any physical activities she'd partake in afterwards. A polite nod would be offered to the waitress, doubly so given she wasn't giving away her presence to any paparazzi that may or may not be here, before her attention shifted back to her lover.

"So ... if it's not too nosy, what even are you going to do when you head back? You won't have to rush around for the first time in a while, at least. And we can definitely all enjoy a very needed break. I think the only regret I'll have in my vacation is it means I need to be away from you once again."

Yamichi could only smile at Ling's kind words, feeling the warmth of her hand on his own. With their order taken he could address her queries; granted he wasn't sure he could tell her everything. A lot of what the Disciples had to do, and by extension Yomi, was no simple debate. They had to get physical...Get violent, even, in order to survive. Granted, Yamichi himself rarely if ever partook in that; no, Hotsuma and Takeshi had always shielded him from that. They were the big guns of their little ragtag group.

But...As their order was taken, the waitress smiling as she walked away to deliver their orders to the kitchen, Yamichi turned back to Ling as she brought up going back. Indeed....What would he do? If what he'd seen panned out, if there wasn't going to be much of a need for them to continue to struggle and claw their way for survival, if the new Director meant his words...

"It's not nosy at all...In fact, it's kinda been weighing on me, ironically enough. Before now...Well, you the stories: We were all poor beyond measure; we had to do things we weren't exactly proud of to survive. We had to steal, battle and run like hell just to live something of a normal life. To help refugees of Goodwin's regime. I don't think it will ever be the same if Sector actually does what it's supposed to. It will...It will definitely be an adjustment."

Granted, the tech did NOT at all mind the chance to actually live a slower paced life; hell, after what happened, everyone in both the Tops and the Satellite deserved at least that much. The issue was that he didn't have any actual work experience, nor did he have any track record of accomplishment aside from placing in the Final Four of the Fortune Cup. And fun as Dueling was...He didn't want to make a career out of it. It just wasn't his style.

"So...." Yamichi then smiled at Ling, stating "I don't know; before now, I had things figured out. A formula if you will...This peace, much as I enjoy it, is a complete unknown to me. But...I guess I don't have to rush to find out, now do I? I might see about perhaps getting into a trade school...Become a programmer maybe. The things I helped design in the Satellite...Maybe I can put that to use, you know?"

He then gently squeezed her hand, "As for the vacation ending...Yeah, I'm gonna miss being able to spend time with you like this. But hopefully when you have your other holiday breaks, I can come by as well?"

Ling

Ling gently nodded as Yamichi relayed his side of the story and revealed how things used to be in The Satellite. She took a sip of her drink, thinking not only about her lover's words, but what she herself had always been informed when it came to his hometown, so to speak. There was a huge misconception that most people were fine with the way things had been. Quite a few enjoyed the old ways ... or so that was often what she'd heard. Maybe some of the more prominent, rogue gangs, perhaps?

... but those were all likely dealt with by now, huh? she thought, nodding at the thought.

"Well," she finally mused out loud, gently setting her glass down, "Regardless of whether Sector keeps their word or not, I am going to let you in on a secret. I can't give exact details, but I do intend to come over as the 'Queen' and assist in my own ways. You need to keep it on the down low for now and ... I'm not just being vague because of protocol, but also because not all of the details are finalized even. I'm still working on certain other details, but ... yes. There's at least going to be one surefire way I'll be able to visit you aside from school days off."

She gave Yamichi a wink and smile, the latter of which widened as he expressed interest in becoming a programmer.

"You'd do miracles for the Satellite with that brain of yours. I definitely think you should consider it if that's what your heart and brain are both saying. It suits you perfectly. I do kinda get what you're saying about the peace being a new factor ... I certainly didn't expect to dethrone Jack, but I knew it was a possibility when I put my name in the Fortune Cup, so I'm adjusting to that myself. But ..... I can begin to understand why he might silently be thanking me each day that goes by; for all its perks, there are definitely some aspects I can do without."

Ling giggled softly, stopping as the sounds of approaching footfalls caught her ears.

"Your steakhouse bacon burger and your double bacon cheeseburgers, as well as any respective sides. Please do enjoy!"

"We will. Thank you!" Ling would stay quiet as she started first with her salad. Her gaze lingered curiously on Yamichi, gauging his reaction. If this really was his first time having this kind of food, she wanted to make sure it'd be a positive experience for him.

Certainly, there were those who thrived and even profited from the chaos of the 'old' Satellite; hell, for those select few they called it home. Hotsuma was one such person, albeit out of more reluctance and above that, loyalty to his crew, than anything. If he was going to leave, he was making sure they all got out first and foremost. They had heard the tales of the one group that actually managed to get the rogue elements under control before they vanished, soon the rivaling gangs taking the mantle and battling it out for territory and resources.

He had no clue what he would be walking into back home...But for his sake, and the sake of his allies, he hoped to god no one was causing trouble. One would think that a near extinction-level event like what they endured would be enough...But as his experience there showed, even the worst situations still caused them to act out in foolish ways. Very much often to their own detriment.

However, after he finished the few sips of his soda, he looked up at Ling as she teased a future appearance or action in the Satellite. He nodded as she mentioned him needing to keep it quiet...But now he was very much curious, though that quickly turned to a flush as she complimented him on his intelligence. God, she was such a smooth-talker...And while it was true that maybe Jack did thank her dethroning him, well...If there was anyone who could handle it, it was her.

However, before he could say anything in return, their food arrived. And...Holy shit! If Ling looked into his eyes, she would get a sense of just how much the size alone stunned him into silence! And the smell! Salt, fat...If it weren't so masterfully presented with the big knife down the middle and the home-made pickle wedge on the side, being honest, it would actually look kind of disgusting! But...The tech was intrigued; this was supposedly 'American' cuisine, and he'd never seen anything like it before.

He started first with the shoestring fries it came with; they were light and thin, almost like slightly soft pocky, but a bite brought the tell-tale hints of salt and sheer starch. A sweet little inhale accompanied his first taste of a steakhouse meal; the tech had clearly never experienced. "Wow...These are incredible..." Yamichi muttered in sheer amazement; he wasn't at all sure how he was going to tackle the hamburger though. Frankly speaking, it was enormous! So, taking the knife, he ended up cutting the halves into quarters, and even then he had to kind of squish it down. The bun was soft like marshmellow, and even now he could feel the grease dripping down his fingers onto his plate.

But when he took that bite? Ling would see him pause, his emerald hues getting even wider. If she wanted to gauge his reaction, well, she would definitely be getting quite a show! This was most certainly someone who hadn't had such a thing before. "I have so many questions...." Yamichi muttered after chewing and swallowing his bite of food. "This seems like...it shouldn't work....But it does. And it's incredible...." he would then add, turning to face Ling; unfortunately for a him, a bit of the mayonnaise and mustard on his burger had cutely dotted the corner of his mouth, and in his amazed frame of mind he simply did not notice it.

Ling

Ling gripped on her lower lip as a grin appeared on her face. She at least managed to suppress it long enough for the waitress to leave, but finally ... she giggled softly. "Sorry, sorry. It's kinda like seeing how you were in the mall. Cute in its own rights with you having your first experience in something new. But better than that ... is knowing I could be the one to introduce you to this. I'm glad you seem to approve."

And sure enough, she hadn't been wrong in her observation. Her head tilted as Ling dwelled on trying to come up with Yamichi's answer, simultaneously taking advantage of being able to finish chewing her bite. It wasn't that Ling didn't know the answer; however, there was a specific factor that made it challenging to answer him.

"I ... don't know necessarily how this restaurant does it. But ... it'd be a bit easier to show you if we were home. We don't typically make much food that isn't Chinese or oriental in nature, but we have made a few burgers every now and again. I don't know if it'd be exactly the same taste, but it should be close enough."

Her smile widened as she noticed the small mess on his face. Ling stayed silent, seeing if he may realize it after a few moments. Once he didn't make a move to wipe his face off, Ling pulled her own napkin out from her lap, carefully leaned forward ... and lightly dabbed the cloth against his skin, helping clear off the mixed yellow and white spots that had decorated his cheek.

"There you go. No worries. It's easy to make messes like that."

After folding and pulling the napkin back into her lap, Ling resumed eating with Yamichi, enjoying the calm and very enjoyable meal with her lover.

The meal was definitely an experience....But one thing Yamichi hadn't counted on was the sheer density of the food. Massive as it was, he didn't quite seem to get just how thick everything was. Even the tomato slices were absurdly large; was this something people ate in America regularly? He'd heard tales of their prosperity from radio broadcasts and intercepted news reports. "I...I see....I would like that..." Yamichi replied to her offer of showing him how to make it at home; though he might appreciate if they were made a bit smaller.

He let his appetite sate itself, but when he looked at how much he had actually finished? It was....pitifully little. Maybe a quarter at best, though being realistic it was closer to a fifth. And he didn't like the fact that this food might just be tossed either. Though he did start a little bit as he felt something dab his cheek, turning to see a smiling Ling, her cheeks a nice pink as she commented on the mess. "A-Ah, thank you...I hadn't even realized...." Yamichi said, taking his own cloth and giving his mouth a cursory wipe.

"And how is everything?"

The waitress then returned, her smile just as fantastic as it had been. "E-erm...Fantastic....thank you. Ehm...If...If it's not too much trouble, would it be...possible for me to take this home?" Yamichi asked, pointing at the burger and fries he did not finish. The waitress tilted her head, but then seemed to understand, "Oh, you probably haven't been here before, right? No worries at all, I can have it boxed right up for ya. Is there anything else I can get for you? Some dessert maybe? Our chefs make a fantastic cookies-n-creme pie."

Yamichi was full in all honesty, shaking his head, "I don't think I could even eat another bite myself....But if Ling wants to..." he then looked at his lover, leaving the decision up to her. Once she had made her choice, the waitress would go to get the check regardless, Yamichi then asking "So...Ling before we head back, might we...stop by that electronics store on the way home? I want to see if they have some things. For some projects I have in mind."

Ling

Ling nodded in agreement, her smile still very much remaining as the waitress arrived. This hadn't been her first time here. It'd been a while for sure, but even from the last time Ling had come here ... it wasn't nearly as fun. And the reason for why everything was at least ten times better? It was Yamichi, of course. She'd always appreciate and love her parents, of course, but the love she had for Yamichi was on a very different and much more intimate level. It was a shame that she still had school to deal with ... otherwise, she'd have a much easier time arranging more dates. But on that note ... it at least wouldn't be impossible to do. They just wouldn't be as frequent as Ling would like, maybe even prefer.

"Mhm, yes. Everything was great, thank you. I'll take a tiramisu to go for myself, if you don't mind."

Now that the waitress was gone, Ling felt more confident and okay with reaching over and holding Yamichi's hand. "Of course. I ... think I already promised we would. Either way, yes. I don't mind taking a detour for you to see if you can find a few things you'd want. Maybe need, depending on what even you and your friends are low on. I haven't really been inside myself many times, so truthfully? I'm a bit curious myself."

Ling gently rolled her fingers over Yamichi's hand, her smile widening.

"I hope this has been a fun outing so far. I definitely would love to figure a time we can do something like this again."

The waitress was more than fine with bringing Ling her dessert, the fluffy coffee-flavored cake soon brought out to Ling in a small see-through plastic container. Much like everything else in Neo Domino, it seemed utterly perfect. Despite this clearly being a chain restaurant, it seemed like they did everything here with care and attention to detail. "Oh...Wow, I've never heard ot this....Tiramisu?" Yamichi asked, the waitress nodding "Yep! An Italian classic...Can I get one for you as well?"

Yamichi actually had to stop and think about that one for a moment, before saying "No...I have a feeling this hamburger will keep me fed just fine, but thank you." And with that pair were out the door after the bill was paid, their food in a to-go bag along with the rest of his clothing purchases.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And moments later after entering the electronics store? Ling would see her lover's face light up like a Christmas tree, his green eyes shining like emeralds as he beheld the variety of electronics. He knew he shouldn't buy too much...But they had practically everything here! All sorts of conduits, capacitors, solenoids, even fully built hardware! If there ever was a representation of 'kid in a candy store', this was certainly it. The store even had a special today: Fully customizable electronics kit for only 20000 yen, and aside from certain specialty items, it could be filled however one wanted.

Yamichi and Ling would then walk out of that store maybe thirty minutes later, another few bags in hand full of various knick-knacks and parts; oh yeah, Yamichi had a laundry list in his head of what he was going to build. "Eh-he....Guess I went a little overboard...Sorry, Ling." Yamichi would say as they waited for the bus back home.

One that arrived not too much later, and after some fanangaling, they disembarked back at her house. Ling's father had already purchased some luggage carriers for him later once Yamichi was ready to head home, figuring the young man would need something in case he made some purchases while staying here, so he had that covered as well. This was...Well, Yamichi would be sad when it ended, but it wasn't like they would be gone forever.

"Ling, Yamichi! Welcome back....I see you two were busy!" Ling's father remarked, Yamichi just chuckling, "Yeah....Kinda went a bit crazy, but...I suppose it's only fair right?

"Ruka-nee! Wake up!"

Came a voice from the living room, the smell of breakfast permeating through the house as Ruka might continue to sleep...And before long, Rua himself might burst through Ruka's door. "Ruka-nee! Look who's home!" he would shout excitedly.

"Rua...Please try to calm down. I'm sure your sister needs her rest...." then came a soft male voice, gently approaching his daughter's bed as he might wait for her to wake up...Indeed, it seemed their parents were back. "My lord....." he woudl say, leaning down to hug his child. "Your mother and I were so worried; we tried to get back as soon as we could, but they blocked all travel here. Ruka, are you alright?" he would then ask, very gently holding Ruka's shoulders as he peered into her eyes.

"I am so sorry we were gone for so long...You two should never have had to go through what you did."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom