Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yu-gi-oh 5Ds: Rise of Darkness and Corruption (Athene/ImaginaryMuse & Razgriz)

"I don't think anyone's asking for that, Jack. Just to not be hasty or anything." And when Fayth felt Jack sit back down, she lightly held back onto his hand, otherwise remaining still for Mei who began to work on her again. And most certainly only letting go when she absolutely had to, but otherwise. She was taking comfort and feeling better now that she knew Jack was nearby and not risking getting himself killed like a stubborn fool. Her eyelids closed behind the blindfold as her chest began to slow its rising and falling pattern.

She wasn't quite asleep. Not yet. But she was definitely relaxing, something Mei could easily confirm with her medical tools and a simple listen to Fayth's heart.

"HOTSUMA!"

No mistakes. It truly was him this time. The voice had changed ... and that alone damn well nearly made Yuna run from her spot just to be beside him. Getsu, however, got a firm hold on her vassal, forcing her to stay put.

"Get a grip!" she hissed back, causing Yuna to scoff then bow her head. The form was slowly beginning to change, with her black hair steadily returning as well as the hazel eyes. Luckily though, her bond was very much intact. No, Getsu wouldn't dare leave Yuna like that. However, she'd felt Yuna all but fighting to be back in control and she would at least let her have that much.

Some may say the moves were foolish. But as Ignacious had Ccacc Apu attack, both Aki and Yuna activated their sets.

"Reverse Permanent Trap! Spirit Barrier! I take no damage while I control a monster!"

"Reverse Trap Card, Open! Dividing Wall! Your God loses 800 Attack Points for each monster you control!"

Fuck ... Yuna thought, gritting her teeth as she braced herself. And ... it only somewhat worked. She'd definitely expected pain, which helped her avoid full-fledged shock. But it still didn't stop the massive surge of agony as she was thrown backwards like a mere rag doll. Yuna rolled even after landing atop the numerous skulls and ground, finally stopping after the third roll.

"Yuna?! YUNA?!"

"Hey," she weakly replied, chuckling as she lifted her head and revealed blood dripping down her lower lip. One hand was already covering her midsection, and with the way Yuna's voice was sounding plus Aki personally feeling this exact pain? It was easy enough to guess there were probably some broken or fractured ribs. Yuna gasped and coughed, holding a hand up to her face. But ... the effort to hide crimson stains was in vain, as more blood fell from between Yuna's fingers.

"Tch ... damnit .... oi, Aki! Stop focusing on me! T-take ... take your fucking turn, already!"

"Bu-but, Yuna, I ---"

Yuna would then shakily point her arm up, ignoring the surge of pain coursing through her joint. Especially near the ball and socket joint ... oh yeah, that was really hurting. However, she was determined to draw Aki's attention to what she was seeing. Sure enough, as Aki followed Yuna's lead ... she then saw herself staring back.

But ... she was clearly different in appearance. Wearing a ... what even was that, exactly? An odd and very unorthodox dress of sorts. Her hair was even more messy and disheveled than when she used too much power up. But more importantly than how she looked was seeing her summon a dragon. It almost looked like Black Rose Dragon, but it was clearly different.

"What ... is that?" Aki whispered in a mix of awe and horror, her gaze now resting upon her two monsters on the field. And .... there it was. The glow she'd thought she imagined ... no. It was a very real thing. As if on instinct ... Aki began to speak. "I tune my level four Angel Trumpeter with my level six Gigaplant!"

Something that, at first, would no doubt sound absurd. Anyone who knew Aki's deck well enough knew she didn't have a level ten monster. Not usually, anyway. And yet ... the spheres appeared. Suggesting that, at that very moment, she did indeed seem to have one. "Synchro Summon .... Bloody Rose Dragon!"

Gorgeous ... Yuna thought, smiling as she stared up at the new monster hovering up in the air. Well .... at least I'll have something nice to look at one last time.

Aki and Fate both seemed to have different plans in mind, though. "Bloody Rose Dragon's effect activates! Since I used a plant monster to Synchro Summon this card to the field, I can - and will - destroy all other monsters on the field! BE GONE, EVIL EARTHBOUND IMMORTAL GODS! ULTIMATE ROSE WHIP!"

The thorns lashed out, striking violently at the Earthbound Immortals. Even as sore and hurting as badly as she was ... Yuna couldn't help but snicker and chuckle as she forced herself shakily to her feet, moving back beside Aki as she stared straight into Ignacious' glowing orbs.

"BLOODY ROSE DRAGON! DIRECT ATTACK!"

Yuna would then mockingly wave ... and proceed to flip him off. "Not today ... demonic fuck!" she defiantly cried out.

And just like that ... it was gone. Not without some curses and screams, of course, but eventually ... Ignacious was gone. So were the numerous bones, skeletons, and though they couldn't see them from where they were ... the demons also vanished. Something Jack and the others would see. The last bits of light faded from the Towers .... and confirmed they weren't imagining things.

It was done. It was finally over. Against all odds, Yuna and Aki had put a stop to this bullshit war.

"Come on!" Yuna hissed through gritted teeth, tugging on Aki's arm as she ran towards the trapped Hotsuma, their decks and disks reappearing as Yuna knelt beside him. "Put ... any Draining Shields or whatever in. We ... need to help him. Get him ... off that fucking thing."

"Y-Yuna, it might be ...."

"Don't even finish that!" Yuna growled, narrowing her eyes as she interrupted Aki. Aki grimaced ... but nodded as she at least complied, deciding to try to see if anything could be done for Hotsuma. Yuna mustered enough strength to shift back into Yutsu and withdrew the blade back out. Lining the blade carefully up, she began using it to cut Hotsuma free.

And after that ... she gently shook his shoulders. "Come on, Hotsuma. Please wake up. Don't fucking do this to me, please."

The Emperor just watched on, not knowing what it was Akiza was experiencing; she seemed to zone out, but then a figure appeared before her. Someone who looked nearly exactly like her...And someone who he knew all too well. "You were destroyed...How did you return?!" Ignacious shouted, only able to watch as Akiza called forth the very same monster that made Goodwin lose in the past.

Bloody Rose Dragon, the ultimate dragon of sacrifice. Its petals an even more vibrant red color, its body larger, and its attack strength even more deadly. Evidenced as such when she called on its power; even Ccacc Apu would not be immune to this. His field was destroyed in an instant, the various geoglyphs disappearing as the rest of the Gods broke from free from Ignacious' control, flowing into Wiraqocha/Hotsuma.

"AAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

Came the cry of the Emperor as the furious storm of wind and whips lashed him, his facade of Yuna's former lover torn away as he was revealed in his original state: A hulking pale-skinned monster, armor shattered and cut as he then seemed to burst into a cloud of miasma, just...hovering there. His heavy armor clunking to the ground as the skulls disintegrated, the flames disappeared, and even the demons seemed to start exploding. Slowly but surely the scars on the land would fade...But it would still take some time to fully undo everything without a proper catalyst.

Darkness still reigned overhead, however; it seemed there was still work to do. Something Yuna and Akiza would see quite soon as they worked to free Hotsuma from the iron cross. His body freed from the binds, those rusted spikes forced from his ethereal flesh, he laid unmoving on the ground. Perhaps this time, his expiration had truly come...

But then he stirred, his eyes - blank and near lifeless from how little of his soul actually remained - parting to open. "Yuna....Akiza....?" he muttered, barely able to see anything. But he could feel them...Their energies...And the Emperor's...Was still around. "You two...You did it....B...But there's still one last thing I have to do..."

With some help, he then pushed himself to his back, his body beginning to flicker as his tenure grew to its end. There was not much time....And as he reached out weakly with an arm, he would say, "Oi...Shit for brains, Emperor....You lost....Now by your own law....Your...Your energy belongs to the Gods...Heh....How funny....Alright, Wiraqocha...Take him....Take it all..."

And at this, Wiraqocha spoke, not from Hotsuma's mouth, but from within the minds of him, Yuna and Akiza, "With pleasure...." That ball of miasma then seemed to get sucked in, forcibly integrating into Hotsuma's own undead being, restoring him....The Gods too being absorbed fully into Wiraqocha, becoming one as they once were all those many eons ago. Even now, the demon's essences would be seen flying from all over back to the center of where this all began. Hotsuma's body glowing as every last demon was taken into him, Wiraqocha using this new power to take every last bit of dark essence that did not belong....Seal it away.

When it was done....Hotsuma was reformed...But even Yuna would sense that despite the energy he now carried...There was nothing stopping him from his ultimate fate. Even so...He actually looked pretty damn good, for a dead guy, even if every sign was telling them that he was just about done.

But they did it...They had won. Now, only one thing left to do. Much as he didn't want to, there was no other way.

"Akiza....I know you just won....And I'm really fucking thankful you were able to put one over on this dickhead. But....If we want to undo this...I mean fully undo this....Get everyone back....Then I need to ask one last thing of you. You're the only one who can...So I need you to purge me. Right now I have the entire Abyssal force inside me. If you purge it all, this will undo everything the Gods have done...Send all these demon fucks back to hell, and lock the door so they can never escape." he would ask her, smiling weakly as he said, "And...If it's not too much trouble...Try to help out Yuna and the others alright? I'm sure things are going to be hectic once this is all said and done...And I'm sure they wouldn't mind an extra ally to help them out."

Last edited:

Aki looked sadly over towards Yuna, as if to silently say 'I told you so'. Even when Yuna shot an irked glare, she didn't back down. It just seemed to be true. "Surely he told you, did he not? That something like this may happen?"

"But ..."

Yuna's head swiftly jerked back around as she stared straight into Hotsuma's eyes. The same tears she'd been fighting back were quickly pricking at the corner of her eyes once again. It wasn't that she didn't realize Aki was right ... it was more like she hated it did indeed seem to be the case. Was this really all that could be done? Was there no other reversal?

.... Apparently not. Something Hotsuma revealed, causing Yuna to angrily scream and punch the ground. "Come on," she weakly pleaded, "There's gotta be something else, right? Right?!"

"Yuna .... do you not think this isn't difficult for him also? Do you think he took pleasure in making you do that the first time?" And before Yuna could ask how Aki knew, she tapped her forehead. "I still have my powers. Don't forget and right now? That's at the forefront of your head. Not wanting to repeat that which .... I do get."

"Don't even say that!" Yuna snapped. "You haven't had to take a life before! Not of someone you loved!"

Aki grimaced, feeling the emotions behind their words. Despite Yuna not actually having hurt or slapped her, it had as much of an impact as if she'd done so. Aki bowed her head .... sighed ... and nodded after a few moments.

"Fine," she agreed, "I don't know everything you felt, no. But I do know pain. Receiving it, not giving it for that matter. I do know betrayal. And I most certainly do know about desperation ... something you're almost literally reeking of. I won't say it's not without its own reasons, but Yuna ... this was going to happen. You're not telling me you didn't know that."

As if an invisible force hit Yuna all at once ... her tears streamed rapidly and freely down her face. Fists clenched tightly as she grit her teeth ... hating this. Hating exactly what Aki said, that this really had to happen again. That all she could do was stand by and watch. That she'd have to watch her lover die once again ... this time for good. "T-Then ... let me .... "

Aki shook her head gently but firmly. "I don't think it was a mistake he asked me to. Besides ... do you really have it in you to do this a second time?"

"I can ... I can try ... "

Aki shook her head again. "Don't try to bullshit me. Maybe if you weren't like this, but as it is? No. No you can't, and you know that. And then, there's ... " Aki nodded as Yuna gasped and coughed up a bit more blood. "Exactly that. I know I'm not at one hundred percent, but I don't need a physical weapon to do this. I just need my abilities and it'll be fast. Painless. Plus if what he's implying is true - that everyone who died will return - is that not good?"

"I-It is, but ... damnit, why can't the cost be something else?"

" .... Get your farewell done now. Before I have to act."

Not wanting to force Hotsuma to sit up and put himself in any further pain, Yuna opted to lie down beside him and wrapped her arms around him as tightly as possible. Crying on his shoulder, shaking violently, whimpering every now and again. A shaky hand managed to raise up ... and just like the first time, wove through his dark hair. But this time, all of it was in place as opposed to a small portion due to being vivisected. Yuna would feel his chest steadily rise and fall.

.... Only to stop after a few more moments.

Her head would turn to see Aki's hands hovering straight over Hotsuma's heart, or where it would be. And as Yuna looked back towards Hotsuma, his eyes were lidded, barely open.

"Damnit!" she hissed, growling and whimpering as she dug her fingernails into her palms. "I'm not leaving him here .... "

"Where then?"

"Home," Yuna answered, sniffling as she guided one of Hotsuma's arms over her shoulder. "Feel ... feel free to go through and you'll see where it is." It wouldn't be until Yuna spoke again that she realized it wasn't difficult to breathe. Even Aki seemed to have this same epiphany. And if they'd been in the right spots, they would see a certain Amazoness holding herself, both grateful and terrified at being revived, as well as the Queen holding a certain tech tightly. All while profusely apologizing for having failed him and holding him close to her.

For better or worse ... this had indeed been the right thing to do.

The house would have been deathly quiet for at least fifteen minutes, maybe twenty. The best hint they may have gotten were all the undead and demons vanishing, but otherwise, there were no definite signs on what exactly had happened. Nor would there be .... until the door opened.

Both Hajime and Judai looked over ... with the bluenette running as he saw Yuna and hugged her tightly. Aki gently tapped his shoulder, making him look up but not dare let go of his leader.

"Here. Let me ... "

"Hm?"

"You want it back, do you not?"

" .... If you don't mind, yes."

Tired as she was, Aki had plenty for this much at least. A light blue-green light emanated from her hand as she rested it upon Hajime's throat. A few minutes ticked by ... before she moved it away. Hajime purposely coughed a few times ... then looked towards Aki with an irked glare. "I'm trusting that's the last time you'll pull some shit like that ever again."

"It is, yes."

Hajime nodded firmly ... now looking back towards Yuna, feeling her shuddering every now and again in his arms before looking back to Aki. "So? Is it over?"

"Yes. But ... it came with ... a heavy toll." And just in case he wasn't understanding, Aki forced herself to reveal what exactly her words meant, "Hotsuma is dead ... again. He gave up a lot to help out with the duel, actually. Otherwise ... there's a high chance we wouldn't be here."

At that, Hajime's more stoic looked steadily vanished as his eyes softened. He nodded ... and let out a sad sigh as he held Yuna even tighter. "I suppose that's why my chest isn't hurt anymore? Because of that?" Aki gave another nod, making Hajime frown slightly. "I'm sorry, Yuna," he whispered.

"I know. I just ... "

That was all poor Yuna could say out loud. Hajime carefully sat on the floor, still holding onto Yuna. "They may have noticed, but go on and give the others the official news. Judai, mind leading her to where Jack and Fayth are?"

"No, not at all." Before leaving, though, Judai would gently rub Yuna's back, giving her one of the few forms of reassurance he could offer before walking away with Aki, letting her break the news to everyone else.

Hotsuma wasn't feeling one hundred percent, that much was certain; even if he looked alright, his internals were a different story. Not just his soul, but even this reconstructed body of his. It would not hold forever; he had burned too much of his soul energy to help turn this around for them. Even if he was revived...It was highly unlikely.

Even so...He hated having to ask this of Akiza, let alone practically shut Yuna out. But she had already ended his life once; he didn't have it in him to even think of trying to make her do it again, even if she could. But this...No, Wiraqocha had explained that only one with a strong connection to the past would be able, someone that had the essence of the Ritual Priests within their soul.

"Yuna....Trust me if there was a way, I would have told you. You know that." Hotsuma would say, his body feeling heavy once more, his breathing becoming labored. Shit....It must be all that damn demon energy, he thought. It was straining him."Hotsuma....You realize this is the end, yes?" Wiraqocha asked him, the boy nodding as he replied, "I do. But damn it, why did it have to be this way."

The God sighed, "I realize this is not a simple matter for you. But know this: In all of your sacrifices, you and your comrades, you have saved this world and countless others. Take pride in that." Hotsuma could only huff internally, but then replied, "I guess...And I shouldn't be surprised. I figured Yuna would outlive me...And so long as she can be happy and safe, that's all I really wanted for her. For Yomi...For the Satellite. For everyone."

Hotsuma grunted as pain ran through him, his soul on the verge of tearing itself apart...And then Yuna laid next to him, feeling her shudder, hearing her sobs and whimpers. His eyes starting to water too, his arm holding her as tightly as he could possibly manage, the hand on his chest - soon joined by the energy of Akiza as she placed it over his heart-spot - able to sense the pulse of energy, something very much like a heartbeat. His chest mimicking human breath, slowing as he felt himself fade, his vision starting to blacken.

"Yuna...Akiza...Thank you...."

A light glow covered his form as Akiza's power severed his connection; a flash of light then accompanied it, a light 'boom' then echoed as a highly dense ball of energy shot from him, taking the light-trail with it as it disappeared down the massive crater....The mouth of the gaping hole closing up, the skies beginning to lighten as the damage to this world was rapidly undone.

Souls taken unjustly found themselves restored; a particular tech-savvy Duelist found himself back in a familiar scrap-yard, back home on his bed. Looking down as he shot up, seeing his Mark on his arm. In disbelief that he had returned.

Back in a particular orphanage, several of the children still injured from Bommer's mad assault found their wounds and breaks healed. Disappearing like magic; a particular red-haired lad was ecstatic to see this, the children all rushing to the window to see the sun smile on their world again. The destroyed buildings being repaired; granted, they were still very much run-down, but it was like something was resetting everything that had happened. Even more so when Ruka then saw a flash of light out of the corner of his eye; running to the source, he found his dear sister awakening...And cried with both joy and relief as he rushed to her. Embracing her perhaps a little too strongly, making her squint and beg him to lighten the pressure...Something he ignored for a few moments, overwhelmed with happiness to have her back. The twins sharing a rather emotional reunion.

Eikichi and Takeshi, too, found themselves brought back from the dead.

And so many others; Security and civilian alike reappearing all over the Satellite and the Tops. Indeed....Regardless of what happened, this was the best possible outcome. One life in exchange for thousands if not millions restored? It was not often one had a chance at a re-do like this...Best to take it.

The reunion for Yomi and the few Signers present here was indeed bittersweet; it wasn't a genius stretch to realize that the final duel could have ended better. But it also could have ended much worse, and for that they could at least be thankful. A hard pill to swallow for some, no doubt...But one they could hope to bear in time.

"Thank you Judai." Akiza would say, going into the back room where she found Jack, Fayth and some doctor she had not met. "Akiza...You being here is a good sign I take it. The skies are clearing up...And the demons are gone. Probably a stupid question, but does that mean..."

The redhead nodded, "Yes...We won. Ignacious is gone. Even now, I can sense those that were lost being brought back." A light smile crossed her face as she said, "You both...I can feel you endured something terrible. I am...glad you made it through." At this Jack just smirked, "Well..I did die. But luckily I had a strong ally and partner in battle." He paused to hug the woman by his side, both of them now completely healed thanks to whatever had happened at the B.A.D. before continuing, "And she managed to have me cheat that specter of Death."

Akiza rose a brow, but just smiled lightly and touched the pendant on her chest; could she...truly help Yuna and everyone? After everything she did?

She then mentally slapped herself; no...no more self-doubt. Hotsuma and Yuna would not want her reverting to her old patterns; she was...free. For the first time, she felt truly liberated. And she planned to make the most of it. And besides...He had given them this chance, she wasn't going to disrespect his memory by not at least trying to help.

Last edited:

Once Fayth felt all of the pain leave, she'd taken the liberty of sitting quickly up in bed. Mei had started to push her back down ... but after moving her arm freely and without showing any signs of discomfort, the doctor took a look at her. And sure enough, a quick exam revealed ... everything had seemed to miraculously heal up. Something that made the poor doctor do a double and triple take if her voice was any indication to go off of. Not that Fayth couldn't blame her ... she was also very much taken aback.

But she wasn't going to dare complain.

As a new voice echoed, one that Jack addressed as Aki, her head lifted eagerly up. "Yuna?! Is Yuna back? Is she okay?! Hey ... wait a minute ...."

There was ... light coming from underneath her blindfold. But ... how? Shouldn't that have been impossible.

"Hey ... Aki-san? Ummm ... what exactly happened? Like ... obviously you won which I'm very ecstatic to hear, but ... did you and Yuna notice anything else? Because .... my injuries are gone and if I'm not yet going completely crazy, then .... "

Fayth gulped slowly as she silently rose her hands, grabbing onto the edge of the blindfold. She was still sane, right? She liked to think she still was. Well ... this was either going to be a pure miracle or just another dream. Time to find out. Trembling hands pulled the cloth down ... and Fayth jumped as she found herself staring at two females, Jack and .... another brown haired male which, going off past talks ....

"Judai ...??"

Fayth's head rapidly turned from side to side and as it did, everyone would see her sockets had blue-green orbs in them. No longer were they empty. Apparently ... whatever had healed her seemed to do so to her sight.

"Oh my god ... it ... it's real?!"

Tears of joy pricked at her eyes as she moved her hands up and down her body, having finally been able to see it for the first real time since about a year. After taking a good, hard look at everyone else ... she wrapped her arms tightly around Jack, clinging as if her life depended on holding onto him.

"I .... I'm sorry me, Jack, or Crow couldn't help at the end ... but I am glad you had someone with you. Thank you, Aki. I'll ... give Yuna my thanks later."

**A FEW DAYS LATER, AFTER THE WAR**

It was almost surreal; just two or three days prior they had all been fighting for their lives. And now...Things were back to a relative calm. Sure, there were still some rogue elements in the Satellite. Mostly rogue gang members looking to capitalize on people's trauma, but this time it seemed Sector was actually about arresting the real trouble-makers; as such, instances of crime were down. And with the B.A.D. now devoid of most areas where criminals could hide, as well as the lifting of restrictions to have Sector patrol there as needed, it quickly turned from the worst area in the Satellite to a place that could easily be considered habitable.

Much work still needed to be done; the reset did not fix every problem after all. But it at least seemed to put everyone there on the right track to having a better quality of life. No doubt something anyone with a heart could appreciate.

After some searching when Crow told them the surprise news of Ruka's resurrection, they had found Yusei back in his old place. He seemed definitely shaken...But he was also a tough kid, and while he knew he was extremely lucky, he still couldn't help feeling some degree of remorse for everything that had transpired. He felt terrible that Jack and the others had endured such cruelty, that Kiryu had tormented them with the sight of his body...Though a quick backhand slap across the cheek from Jack got him thinking straight again. He was alive, they had made it through despite it looking like they might not.

And yet...Jack was exasperated but unsurprised to hear that Yusei still felt bad about what happened that one fateful day; maybe if he had tried harder, Kiryu might not have become a Dark Signer. Might have not lost the humanity and compassion he once knew he had. But after a long sitdown...Yusei agreed to let those thoughts go for now, and talked about meeting with the other Signers.

Few people actually knew what happened at the B.A.D.; almost every means of Psychic 'peeking' had been blocked out by the absurd amounts of energy pouring from the crater, and almost no one was stupid enough to go there willingly. Though it had spread quickly that one of the worst criminals in the Satellite had finally perished, causing many a hearty laugh of joy among the rogue elements of Sector and even some of the gangs that had once supported the Disciples.

But...That was for another time. Right now, the Signers had all gathered at Martha's orphanage, where a veritable smorgasbord of wonderful food awaited them, well at least one being made, the smells wafting throughout the house; one benefit of the new leadership? An increased awareness of the poverty stricken conditions of the Satellite, and after some deals made for support, the few orphanages received an overwhelming amount of support. From food to new clothes, bedding and even money to upgrade their facilities as they needed.

It was one thing in particular that Crow had been very thankful for; finally, these kids had people who gave a damn about them.

Naturally, Rua and Ruka were already here; Crow had just left to grab Yusei, they had said, and he would be back soon. "Hey Jack!" Rua said, his face back to that dorkish smile he always had. He had felt so much better since Ruka had come back, and it clearly showed. "Come on in, Martha's almost done! She's been really looking forward to everyone coming here!"

"Indeed I have..."

Said a soothing and mothering voice, Martha appearing with an apron - covered in slight dustings of flour and other signs of a busy cook. "God bless these little ones; young Ruka and Rua have been godsends helping me...And you and Miss Milner look like you're good as new! Certainly a good sight better than the last time I saw you!"

It was here that she came over and actually hugged Jack tight, her eyes closed as she whispered, "You have no idea how happy I was to see it all stop...And that you made it out. Whatever Lord is out there, he was watching over you."

She then pulled back and looked at Fayth, seeing as well that she wasn't wearing the blindfold anymore. "And you, young lady...Oh, your eyes sparkle like jewels! So much better without that blindfold on. I won't be so rude to ask how you received such a miracle as having your sight returned...But just know I am very happy for you, Miss Milner."

Surreal was one of the biggest understatements of Fayth's life. Every time she opened her eyes, she'd look hastily around, almost terrified she'd simply been dreaming about regaining her sight. But no. It was true, apparently. And it really was just mind-blowing. Sure, Morningstar had given her this sort of ability. But it was always temporary. Not to say she was ungrateful; far from it. But having her eyes back again? Well ... she certainly wasn't going to let this go to waste.

For the time being, Fayth had remained with Jack in the Satellite, gradually meeting back up with everyone. Much to her delight, it seemed that not only had physical wounds healed up, but those who had been unjustly killed were brought back to life. Yusei was one of the first people they'd run into ... and also one of the first Fayth had the misfortune of seeing get a literal wake up slap from Jack. Suffice to say, she'd cringed at the sight, but eagerly greeted Yusei with a tight hug.

Wherever Fayth would go, she'd take the time to really get a good look at the scenery, as well as the people. She'd likewise put names to face, remember appearances, do any and everything she hadn't been able to ever since being blinded by Sora. And goddamn did it all feel amazing to be able to do!

Less than PTSD getting the best of her to dress in casual attire, it was more due to not having packed any clothes away before being abruptly abducted by Carly/Niari. As such, she only really had jeans and a top. Then again, those weren't horrible choices ... but Fayth had genuinely hoped to get in a sundress in hopes of impressing Jack. Very much like she'd done at the theater.

So to make up for this ... she used some spare scissors at Crow's place to cut some holes up in the jeans. Allowed herself to show off some skin .. but certainly nothing too revealing.

She'd already given herself a lookover before leaving ... but she took advantage of a nearby mirror and looked at herself in the new outfit. Feeling satisfied with her appearance, Fayth would catch up to Jack, and grin as Rua and Ruka came into view. The young girl's eyes practically shone as she looked at Fayth.

"Your eyes! Oh wow, they're so pretty!"

Fayth smiled, bowing her head politely. "Thank you. Good to see you both."

A knock made both women turn, but Ruka would be the one to dart forward. "I'll be back, Martha! I'll get it!"

Fayth's smile widened as she heard Martha express her relief for Jack pulling through, replying with a silent but firm nod. And then ... blushing as Martha also seemed to notice her eyes. "I ... am not completely sure myself how that happened, truthfully. A miracle truly is the best way to describe it. I'm definitely ecstatic about having them back also though."

"Yeah! Come in!" would be heard from Ruka by the distance, followed by a slow set of footfalls. And then ... a very anxious looking Aki came into view. "Ahh .. sorry, I umm .. don't really ... Crow gave me the green light to come here, but I can't help as if I --"

Ruka shook her head adamantly, smiling as she stood proudly beside Aki. "She's a good reason the fighting ended. Fayth told me, so I relayed it to Rua and some of the others."

Namely the other Signers. No sense in telling the young kids, who were already probably confused enough on everything that had happened as it was. So it remained strictly between those with Marks. While it was true Rua didn't have a Mark, she at least trusted him to keep such a thing to himself and rather than telling everyone in the house.

"Come on," Ruka encouraged Aki, "This way!"

Fayth would walk beside Jack, with Aki and Ruka close behind as they headed into the dining room.

"Aki...I honestly don't think anyone with a heart would reject you coming here. Besides...It will be good to have all of us here. If only to have a more proper get-together than what happened with Goodwin." Jack would say, Martha nodding "Of course, child; come in, make yourself comfortable." Thankfully, Martha's home had been left well enough alone. Sure, the demons had caused some structural damage to the outside, but it wasn't anything a few strong lads good with their hands couldn't fix. And besides, she had Crow and Rua with her to chase anyway the smaller demons that had tried to come for her and the children.

The dining room wasn't anything overly fancy, but it had a nice long table for them all to sit at; because of the extra mouths to feed, Martha had actually had another table delivered for the children as well, along with some extra beds. It would be fairly cramped until she could have renovations done, but she and Crow had agreed to have his kids stay with her for the time being, both of them living and working together to provide.

And speaking of...

"Martha! I'm back!" came a familiar voice, the ambitious caregiver returning with another familiar face. Despite his resurrection, it seemed Yusei still had his criminal mark; whatever had restored him seemed to do so at the point he had died. He kind of wished it got rid of it; he never should have had it on him in the first place, even he knew that. But...That was fine. This was something he could live with.

"Yusei..." Jack would say, coming over and granting his old friend a strong hug, Yusei returning the gesture. "Jack...Good to see you. And you as well, Martha...Been quite a while." Martha said nothing, but then just rushed over and hugged Yusei, the young man seeming to grimace a bit as she squeezed him. She still remembered what Jack and Fayth had told her about him, and it brought her such joy that she was crying, muted sobs able to be heard.

Yusei said nothing, just hugging onto his adoptive mother as she cried; but then she pulled away, wiping her eyes with her sleeve, "You'll have to forgive me...But this day is so blessed. To see it all go back to normal." Yusei shook his head, "I'm sorry that I worried you, Martha...But that is behind us now." Jack nodded, "It is...And we won't let anything like that happen again. Not to anyone." A sentiment most all of them would share.

"But that's enough reminiscing; I'm sure you all could use a good meal! Now sit while I finish the preparations and bring the food out! It'll be just a minute!"

=====================================================================================================================

Martha had prepared plenty for them to enjoy: Gyudon, rice, a hearty roast, soup, fresh baked bread and of course, salad and mixed vegetables for completeness, along with several pitchers of water. A shipment that had been delivered as part of an outreach group by the Tops, donors giving from all over to help them rebuild, and missions in both the Satellite and Tops having organized food drives.

The children had their own table, Martha helping to get them set up before she might rejoin the young adults for a moment. Well, the young adults plus Rua and Ruka.

"Wow, Martha...When you said you were going to do this, you didn't go halfway did you?" Jack joked, Martha laughing as she replied, "Of course not! Heroes deserve a feast after victory do they not? Now....Let's eat shall we? You all talk amongst yourselves while I tend to the young ones; a few of them are rather fussy, so I have to bribe them to eat the veggies. You know how it is."

And with that, Martha left them be.

And yet...Despite them all being here, it was also kind of awkward. They didn't really get a chance to know each other beside the few times they met during the war, and few knew much of anything about the others save for close personal relationships. "Wow man! I'm starving!" Rua said out of the blue, already starting to dig in with a child-like innocence; something that made Crow suppress a chuckle as he looked his head away.

Yusei rose a brow, Crow seeing the gesture and saying "Sorry; it' just that I haven't seen this kind of energy from him in a while. After everything that happened...Well...Things got bleak, Yusei. So seeing him actually being happy instead of putting on a facade? It just...caught me off-guard, in the best way possible."

Yusei nodded, "I can relate. But let's not dwell on that.....We have the future to look forward to now. So, I guess I'll ask what everyone's plans are?" '

Jack then said, "Well, one thing's for sure. I'm not sticking around here...Not for a while anyway. I figured I would get away for a short time...Besides, I made someone a certain promise. We've been talking about it, and we're thinking somewhere south. I have a few timeshares still in South America, figured to go there for some R&R, you know?"

"Yusei!" After Jack pulled away, Fayth took her turn to give him her own hug. Just as she'd done before, she lifted her head and got a good, hard look ... indeed able to quickly see the similarities and simultaneous differences between him and Judai. And his own eyes? They weren't too far off from how hers looked. It was akin to looking at a mirror; refreshing and reassuring. Calming even. Her mouth opened as she started to voice the original thoughts that had gone through her head.

"Sorry we couldn't do more."
"Welcome back."

At least the latter would be a bit more appropriate even in this context. Instead though, she kept it simpler and just whispered softly, "Good to actually be able to see you now."

Fayth's smile would widen as she moved away, allowing Martha to embrace Yusei. She hadn't taken any joy in relaying with Jack that he'd died at all, let alone to someone who essentially adopted Yusei, Crow, and Jack. So it was nice to see joy replacing the pain that had no doubt gone through everyone, really, not just Martha upon realizing Yusei's fate.

Aki had quietly turned in the hallway. Silently watching from a distance. This was another thing that Yuna had mentioned and she previously tried to tell Ignacious as far as why she originally hadn't minded dying. The lack of bonds ... something that never had bothered her before. But now that she was watching the scene play out ... that too needed to change also, huh?

Probably. She couldn't be a loner forever.

"Yusei," Aki finally called out, "I don't think we really ever got properly introduced. Last time I saw you was at the Fortune Cup. Good to see you again." Sure, there had been the meeting between all the Signers and Goodwin ... but that had been anything but a proper way to get acquainted.

"Umm ... let's talk later, please? I'm famished." Ruka chimed in.

Ah, the innocence of being a young child. Everyone seemed to agree with that much and fully entered the dining room, sitting together. Very much like a family ... which was only a small bit awkward for Fayth and most definitely Aki. Fayth still didn't quite feel as if she'd earned a proper reason to have met someone as important as Martha. But ... just like before, Jack had insisted she come along. At least it was easier and not nearly as nerve-wracking this time compared to last.

And poor Aki ... well, she was almost like a fish out of water. Forget not knowing Martha, she barely knew anyone here. Fayth had at least opened up and spoken to her over the past few days which was a decent start. But that was only one person among the many seated at this table.

"Oi, Jack ... you're horrible at being subtle. Just say who that someone is, why don't you?" Fayth teased, flashing him a knowing grin before looking a bit pensive. "Seriously though, some of them already know about us. It's not exactly a secret. Hmmm. South America, huh? We're gonna need to do some research. Pick a specific place out and all. But that otherwise doesn't sound too bad."

Ruka paused ... and looked over to her brother thoughtfully. "Should we even go back home?"

No doubt likely an odd question to hear. But when she elaborated, it started to make more sense, "I mean ... mom and dad are barely around anyway. And ... I've honestly been enjoying helping you with assisting Martha-san and the other kids here. I kinda feel like we're needed moreso here than back at The Tops."

Which, among the women, left Aki. Her eyes temporarily closed as she thought long and hard. She'd been given quite a few offers over the past few days. And she'd certainly tried to figure out how she felt about all of them. Now though ... it seemed relatively obvious enough, at least with some of them. Nodding as she made her internal decision, red orbs came back into view as she hesitated for a few more moments before finally speaking up, "First and foremost, I need to do quite a bit of soul searching in myself. I'm not going to pretend I was the best person any of you met. Some more so than others. And to help out with that .... Yuna extended me a position within Yomi. I'm going to take that up."

"How is she anyway? With ... everything that ended up happening and all?"

She had, naturally, ended up hearing about the cost that came with the world being saved. And as someone who already had that close call play out before her ... Fayth couldn't even begin to guess how Yuna was keeping herself sane this time around. Even with how strong she tended to be, that was also primarily on a physical note. This though ... this was something far worse than anything Yuna had likely gone through, and certainly true with the physical agony Fayth had felt. Or so she felt certain about as much.

"She's ... taking it one day at a time. I think worse than the fact it had to repeat was it doing so in the span of about 24 hours. She barely had a reprieve of any kind. But I at least let her say farewell. Hajime's easily one of the best right-hand men I've ever seen. I know he's been staying close by in an effort to help her cope and heal better, so she's at least not shouldering this alone. But ... it's safe to guess she may not be back to her normal self for a while. She'll definitely get there, though; that's not a question. Just when as opposed to if."

Fayth nodded at that response, looking relieved to hear Yuna had some way, someone, to assist in her recovery. While keeping her left hand under the table, she lightly rubbed Jack's arm ... keeping it tame and a brief touch for now. Just a way to remind herself that Fayth truly was lucky in every sense of the word; from having regained her vision to not being forced to lose Jack in any form or fashion, to just being alive at all. Doubly so now that she knew there had been another her here in this world.

It at least made sense why Niari had pondered the idea of her making a deal with a Shinigami, but no. She hadn't. She just had someone, some invisible force, seeming to watch over her.

It was definitely an odd sort of meeting...But perhaps one that was overdue. And based on what they had seen, they all still had these Marks, Which likely meant more would come to test them in the future; but for right now? There was little need or even want to think about that.

Jack laughed as Fayth called him out on his lack of subtlety, "Well, I didn't want to potentially embarrass you. You're much more easily flustered than me, after all." A not so mean tease, and one he had come to learn of her. Something he could jab at her with, though granted she had plenty she could use against him also.

Most everyone listened at the table as Akiza made her announcement; indeed, next to no one at the table knew much of anything about her. But the fact that she was willing to fight to save the world? That was enough to at least earn their respect, and for some a bit of admiration for putting her life on the line.

"I can't say I'm too surprised." Crow chimed in, adding "Even if things weren't the best between you two...Well, she did say that you helped get one of her guys back. And you fought alongside her didn't you? So that speaks a lot about how far you've come." Yusei nodded, "Sometimes taking that chance is what you need to do. Not every road is going to be straight and narrow; sometimes it goes into a blind corner and you just have to trust following it is the right move."

Jack then took his turn, "He's right. You've got to find your own path, but just remember: It's not the destination that matters. It's the journey...That's a lesson I've learned, and frankly am still learning. So give it time; you'll find the answer you seek if you're patient." Crow just shot Jack a smirk, "Rich to say, coming from your single-minded rush to become the King, don't you think?" Making Jack shoot Crow a bit of an irked glare, but that lasted for maybe a second before he chuckled, "Alright I deserved that one.."

As they talked, Rua would listen to his sister. "I mean...We do still have school, Ruka. And with the new bridge between the Satellite and the Tops being built, we can still come back...And besides, they're test-running a ferry service in the meantime. Completely complimentary! Remember, it was on the radio yesterday! There's an old pier they've renovated; it's not fully done yet, but they're making it into a giant ferry center while the bridge is being built!"

Hardly close to being done, it was essentially a giant concrete slab on a set of self-driving piles. Sturdy enough that it didn't risk tipping, but the real construction was still going on and would be for some time.

Yusei remembered the stories he heard...When the bridge was still there. So to see it being rebuilt was something he did enjoy. "Hopefully this time the bridge does get completed; I think it will help a lot of people find new opportunities. The new Director seems to be actually putting in a good effort to make this all happen; let's just hope he can keep up the momentum."

Jack then raised a water glass, "On that note...I'd like to propose a toast. To our journeys forward; may they lead us to what we want. And let us never find shame in venturing onward to the unknown." Crow, Jack and Rua followed suit; quite true, this seemed to be a great thing. All of them coming together would certainly prove to be a healing relationship.

Fayth shook her head, playfully rolling her eyes. "It'd be more embarrassing if no one had known yet. Nah Jack, if you wanna make my face go red, you're gonna have to up the stakes." Her focus went back to her meal as she joined everyone else in eating. Soft, content sighs were the only noises she'd make as the guys gave their input on Aki and all she'd revealed.

"Indeed. She actually gave me an almost literal wake up slap and helped me even get the resolve to fight Ignacious. I'd be lying if I said a lot of me didn't want to at first. But ... she helped me get my priorities straight real quick. Honestly .... with all I put her through, I'm amazed she's forgiving me at all. I'm not sure if I deserve it yet, but I am glad for the opportunity to prove myself to her .... and especially Hajime. I know he'll be the hardest to prove myself with, but I don't blame him. If places had been swapped ... I'd likely be the same and just as on edge."

A small smile appeared as she listened in on the banter between Crow and Jack. No, she didn't know exactly what they were talking about, but it was the principle that mattered. The fact they could say such things and joke with one another, hell the fact any of them could do so really ... it looked and felt nice. Sounded that way, too. Yeah ... she did wanna be able to do this more often. It certainly wouldn't be the worst, and this definitely felt more and more like something Aki could get used to.

"O-Oh .... true .... " Ruka's face went red a bit as she chuckled nervously. "I actually honestly forgot about school for a bit." Which now caused a sigh to elicit as her brows furrowed, "Ugh. We're gonna have a lot of catching up and explaining to do. There's probably a lot of voicemails from the teachers at home, and oh ... oh dear. Yep, you're right. We do need to head back pretty quick."

".... I'm guessing we will also head back then? To your residence at the Tops for a bit?" Fayth inquired, sneaking a sideways glance at Jack after finishing a bite from her meal.

But before any of that .... something that was long overdue. A toast, initiated by Jack no less, and a damn good one frankly. Fayth smiled .... almost proudly. Despite not knowing Jack nearly as long as Yusei or Crow did, Fayth still had taken note of all of the changes she'd seen within Jack. It was like the difference in night versus day. Even without having any powers like Aki, Fayth felt pretty confident the others were just as proud with Jack's evolution just like Fayth was.

"Here, here!" echoed in unison and harmony. Glass after glass was raised .... though the ones from Ruka and Rua had the toughest times reaching. Eventually though, everyone clinked their cups gently against one another before setting them back down upon the table. After more time ticked away and talks were had, everyone eventually finished up. Fayth helped volunteer with gathering the dishes and putting them away. Even though neither Rua or Ruka minded, she didn't want only two children doing chores adults should normally be doing.

Fayth would give a polite bow of her head to Martha and began to leave with Jack ... only to look back as an extra set of footfalls echoed in her ears. Rua and Ruka were also in tow.

"Going now then?"

"Yeah," Ruka replied, "As fun as it's been here, we really should. Particularly after all the good points Rua pointed out, which .... " Ruka smiled as she turned towards Rua. "Is that really you, onii-san? Have you actually grown up a bit? Usually, I'm the one to think about those sorts of topics. But yes. We're going to accompany you two. You don't mind, do you?"

"No, should we? No. Truthfully, it's probably for the best to have at least one adult accompany you home anyway. Just in case."

True, Fayth wasn't over eighteen yet, but Jack was. And even if he wasn't, they were both a lot closer than the twins were to being an adult. As the four proceeded to the dock, Aki would take her own farewell, walking away a few paces from the house .... before abruptly disappearing. No doubt using her powers to achieve such a feat.

Last edited:

The rest of the dinner went quite well; jokes were made, friendships rebuilt and forged anew. Even Akiza would find herself swept into the occasion, Rua calling her the 'Satellite's Big Sister' for her heroism in defeating Ignacious the Demon. In truth, few might know exactly what transpired; but what was known was that she had been captured, tormented and stilll managed to turn it around. And with her previous reputation as the Witch of the Black Rose in the Tops, such an achievement would only add to her infamy and legend.

Regardless, like all good things, they had to come to an end, but that did not mean it had to stop being a good thing. This day going forward, they would all try to live their best lives. And after the twins helped Martha with the clean-up, they were quick to follow Jack and Fayth out of the house. "Bye, Martha! We'll come back and visit real soon!" Rua shouted, waving energetically as the elderly woman smiled; gods above, to see such youth. Truly a blessing...She only could pray nothing would ever wipe the smiles from either of their faces....From any of them.

Crow had remained behind, to help with Martha and the children. Crow's place was admittedly cramped, and with the renovations coming, she and him might be able to help more orphans in the Satellite.

Rua just laughed as his sister pointed out his maturity, "Hey, I can be a handful but even I know when to wise up! Besides, Mom and Dad would scold me if I let you miss any more school!" And frankly? With everything that happened...Well, school would be a cakewalk! Maybe not scholastically, but socially and environmentally? Heck yeah!

Though the thought of them having to catch up on so much homework...Yeesh! He shuddered at the very thought of it!

Regardless, they all might watch as Akiza would bid them adieu....Then seeming to vanish into nothing. "That's so cool! I didn't think she could do that!" Rua commented, Jack nodding "Yeah....If she's capable of that, it's little wonder she held her own against the Emperor." Of course, Jack had still not learned much of her; Akiza did not open up much about herself even when asked during their talks.

Apparently her father was some kind of politician....And she had ended up with Divine because they had forced her out. Still...Hopefully she could find some semblance of family with Yuna and the rest of Yomi. It would be good for her.

Regardless, the four found their way to the old wharf at the North End; this was still in need of much repair, but crews were already diligently reinforcing the structure. And as Fayth and Jack would doubtless know, it was in fact this place that they had learned of from Yuna and Hotsuma. It was how people from the Satellite got into the Tops to steal supplies. To think it was now being used as a means to connect the two displaced regions. Part of Jack wondered what Yuna might think of such a thing, given its history.

A short ride later, the makeshift pier - also the 'illegal' point of entry for Yomi's raid-runners - came into view, the four stepping off onto the temporary emplacement. Already a ticket plaze and courtyard could be seen being built; apparently the new Director was going to make this into a hub for civilian transport, apparently trying to revitalize the industries already present in the Satellite. Really allow the places to join together, turn the Satellite from being known as just a 'slum' into a place of productivity and longevity.

"You two need help with getting home from here?" Jack would ask, Rua shaking his head, "Nah, we got it from here! Besides, Crow-neesan gave me some fare to take us back!" He then ran and hugged both Fayth and Jack, saying his thanks before waving down a cab as Ruka might say her farewells too. Only when she did would the Twins vanish down the street, headed back home.

Jack too would whistle down a taxi, the pair riding in silence for a brief moment before Fayth might catch Jack staring at her...More specifically right at her face.

The hug from both Ruka and Rua was a small bit of a surprise, but a welcome one all the same. "I umm ... " But Fayth didn't even finish, let alone get to the main point of her words, before Ruka would shake her head adamantly. "You did all that you could. And besides ... if I heard correctly about who Niari was? That wasn't a small feat either. But umm ... I was really a bit of a baka. I didn't exactly allow anyone to find me in time for my own fight and honestly, even if you had and tried to help? This may have gone differently."

" ... Am I that obvious?"

"At least for right now, yes."

"Does this mean I was harder to read while blind?"

"Only a small bit," Ruka teasingly replied, shaking her head gently from side to side. "But no, seriously, I've always been very empathetic. So perhaps more than you being easy to read is ... you're simply talking with someone who has done this for quite some time."

"I suppose I can take that answer better. Okay then. Take care, Rua and Ruka!" Fayth nodded, only letting a slight frown appear on her face as the two walked away. Not because they were reunited; no, no. But rather ... something else that had bothered Fayth ever since she learned about this fact. "I may not be one to be able to judge or anything, but it doesn't sit well that they're effectively raising themselves."

Sure, she had to raise herself ... but her parents had died when she was young, or so she assumed given the lack of memories involving having any parents. And even then, Fayth had people like Fuyu and Reiji who helped raise her. That, for Fayth, was a massive difference in her upbringing versus what the twins were going through. "If I dare do something that stupid with any kids I may have, please smack me upside the head again, Jack."

The taxi would soon arrive ... and Fayth blushed as she caught sight of Jack's eyes looking at her face. "Yeah," she muttered, able to guess well enough why his gaze was focused there, "It ... still feels a bit odd to me also. I'm kinda terrified of waking up and ... being back to my previous state."

Granted, if it ever came down to that, she'd shown she could adapt and survive well enough. Even still, it also wasn't at the top of Fayth's list of things she wanted. It wouldn't be until they got inside and, after talking with any butlers they ran into, were able to be alone that Fayth gave a better hint on what she did want. Her hand lightly intertwined with his.

"I umm ... I know we technically have separate rooms and such, but honestly? I'm kinda used to - and more comfortable - being with you now, so ... would you mind if I joined you in yours? Or vice versa, whatever you'd prefer?"

There was more than just that, of course, but she'd take this one step at a time ... even if part of her tried to insist to herself she'd been more than patient enough as things were and didn't need to. But if only out of respect? She could afford a few more moments to hear his response. If absolutely nothing else, she wouldn't want this to be a one-sided desire and if it even started feeling like it'd go down that route? It'd be wiser for Fayth to continue waiting than pressing her luck.

Jack could only laugh as Fayth asked him to smack her; he wouldn't unless it really came to that, but he would indeed reply in the affirmative that he would bring her to her senses if she let herself make her children raise themselves. It wasn't all that fair, but Jack had a feeling they were going to be alright.

"If it helps at all, Fayth: I'll fight like hell to make sure you never have to live in darkness again." Jack would say, a hand coming to squeeze her thigh; part of him did want to try chancing things a bit more, if only because a small part of him unknowingly felt the same way Fayth did. But....No, both of them had faced Death too many times. They had time to take a bit slower; really learn things about each other.

The two did arrive back at the manor; he was extremely glad to see his staff was still around. He wouldn't have blamed them for wanting to dip out. A few short conversations later, mostly about the state of things and the announcement of the head butler retiring, and Jack and Fayth would be upstairs headed to their rooms. A proper lie-down was in order...Time to process everything that did happen.

He did blink a couple times as she asked to be with him after, in either his room or hers; a light smile crossed his face as he then replied only a moment later, "Sure...Don't really see a reason we can't share a room for now." He would take her by the hand, leading her to his room where she would see it for the first time with her own eyes.

A giant poster of a promotional for the first tournament he ever participated in as King - himself standing with a fist in the air, Red Demon's Dragon behind him - hung on the wall to the right of the king-size bed. The sheets red and black with gold trim to match his titular monster. Off to one side was probably the single most impressive bathroom ever encountered - a giant hot-spa style tub and closed in shower - could be seen through an open door, curtains of fine silk. Twin doors framed with mahogany led to a massive upper-floor patio complete with lush lounge chairs. A massive television screen sat embedded in the opposite wall, a small-scale Duel Simulator also laid out in front of it.

Clearly the room of someone who had worked hard to be King and stay as King.

But for now....Jack and Fayth might just rest on the massive soft mattress, eyes met with each other. "So...I won't lie, Fayth.....I'm...not exactly what sure to do here...." Jack would admit, his cheeks flushed as the admission of uncertainty finally hit him; there was what he wanted...And he had a feeling she did too. But how much?

This was something he was not at all familiar with....And he didn't want to rush it and potentially chase her away.

The touch that went to her thigh as opposed to any other location Jack could have placed his hand was definitely tucked away into Fayth's head. It stood out ... but was by no means an unwanted gesture. Just something she didn't quite expect. Even still, she wouldn't try to make Jack move his hand elsewhere. Instead, her head would rest against his arm, staying silent for the remainder of the ride. Naturally, quite a few people did a double take when they saw her without the blindfold. Luckily, none really pushed for an explanation on what happened - something that Fayth was very grateful for. She'd already repeated herself so many times as it was; she didn't want to do that again unless it was absolutely necessary.

Fayth was pleasantly surprised that not only did Jack accept, but he led her into his room. Even while blind, she'd never been in this direction, so it was a completely new experience for her altogether. She had to cover her hands to stifle a chuckle as the first thing she took note of was the massive poster. "Sorry, sorry. It ... it really does suit you in its own rights." Curious blue orbs glanced around, taking note of the copious amounts of red and gold within the room ... which only made her smile widen.

Yeah, it did feel right. Natural, even to be seeing those sorts of hues as opposed to much else. And frankly, they were an intriguing contrast with Jack's personal colors, especially the violet from his eyes. It made being in the room that much more exotic. The bed being king-sized ... well, that was to be expected. The patio was easily the most surprising part, as Fayth hadn't really thought about having such a room included. But then again ... maybe she should have expected such a thing, at least from Jack.

Her body subconsciously guided her so she finally sat down on the bed. And as it dawned that they were finally, truly alone ... her heart began to pound quickly. Her head tilted as she turned and looked straight into his purple eyes, flashing him a genuine grin of her own as she offered a reassuring smile. "Well, I mean ... I'm not really an expert myself. I've never exactly had the chance to be much else aside from a soldier or Signer. That said ... there were too many close calls and some part of me doesn't want to really wait or risk having something else .... well, steal my first away, for a lack of better wording."

It was clear that even with the war over, there would be quite a few memories that wouldn't leave her mind anytime soon. Even though she didn't fully elaborate ... Jack would be able to recall what she was talking about. The demon that nearly stole her purity while they were caught in Puzzle Hospital.

"However ... if you still want to wait, I'll respect that because ... that's how much I love you. I ... don't really see myself being with anyone else and truthfully? Some part of me would be fine never going back home. Just staying here ... or anywhere. As long as you're with me ... we could be anywhere, and I'd be happy. You mean literally the world to me."

Funnily enough, just as Jack didn't want to scare her away, the same was true with Fayth. Besides, he was smart and probably heard the implications she was trying to confess. So she went quiet, allowing her words to sink in as Fayth simply held onto Jack's hand, gently rolling her thumb over his skin.

"I do think though, if absolutely nothing else ... we can at least take advantage of being alone finally and try some ... actions out."

May as well lay all options down on the proverbial table. It seemed like the most fair and logical way to go about this. She wanted Jack to see and hear how sincere she was being about waiting if that was what he wanted. But also, on the flip side, that she'd be just as ecstatic to indulge in any erotic activities he was fine experimenting with.

Given everything that happened, Jack hadn't given much to the state of his decor. Here it just felt right; he wondered for a bit if he should remove the poster. He had had it framed afterwards, using it as a visual during his practice to remind him of what he was fighting to protect whenever a Title Duel was on the line. He had even done so when the Fortune Cup was underway.

But then....Could it not serve the same purpose? It would be a reminder of who he was...And what he had to protect now. Namely the woman sitting next to him the lavish bedroom of the former King, along with every last soul in both the Satellite and the Tops if another threat like the Dark Signers ever came to be.

He did grimace as she recalled Kiryu giving the demon permission to do what it pleased with her; with what seemed like everyone having been restored...Well, it didn't escape him that Kiryu might have also returned. But he didn't want to think about that asshole anymore.

"Fayth..." Jack would say as she might finish her words, knowing full well what she wanted to do....But with everything that happened? Well....He'd never think of ever getting this far, namely because he hadn't even considered he would. Oh sure, plenty of fans during his tenure as King had made many sorts of suggestions, even gotten some...vivid...letters from them. All of which had gone straight into the garbage, in one ear and out the other for the most part.

But this...Well, this was real. And she meant it, and being perfectly honest? He wasn't sure how to proceed, and he wanted to do it right.

Even so....She was right. They could at least do something. And besides, her words about him meaning the world to her made his cheeks flush, and a smile cross his face.

"Fayth...I feel the same about you. That's why I was so panicked after that first Duel with Carly...And I thought Kiryu....nearly had you before that man intervened in Puzzle Hospital."

He paused, only for a second before continuing, "And....I do want to, trust me I do. But...I also want to do things right. We....kind of had a lot thrown at us. So....It's not so much waiting...It's more me wanting to do it right. So...I'd like to go a bit slow for now, especially since we were stuck in high gear for...god, months?" he would then tell her.

As such, a hand would come up to her face....And gently cupped her cheek; the least they could start with was a kiss, right? And with that, his lips pressed to hers. Not something desperate like that had happened out there in the Satellite...But tender, meaningful. She had expressed through words how much he meant to her, now he wanted to tell her through actions what she meant to him.

"Right, huh?" Fayth repeated, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ears as she mulled his words over. It wasn't that he worded it in an odd way; on the contrary, it was one of the easiest ways to comprehend. It was akin to an order, but a lot less strict. And with her typically being accustomed to her role as a Lancer, it made perfect sense to her. She took a bit of a breath ... only mildly annoyed. But at least he was being honest and that she could certainly appreciate. Her own smile widened as she nodded, lifting her head to look up into Jack's eyes.

"As much as some part of me would wanna argue ... you probably do have your points. So ... okay. I'll agree to do this 'the right way'."

It wouldn't be until Jack leaned forward that now she took note of just how much taller than herself he was. She couldn't help but gulp at first. It was crazy and a bit hilarious to remember all the times she'd given him lip at all, now amplified by seeing the difference in their bodies. It would have been stupidly easy for him to manhandle her, put her in her place or something of the like.

O-oi, calm yourself a bit, she chided, feeling her face burn a bit red at the images of him doing just that when he was ready. Pushing herself so she was up on her knees, Fayth would meet Jack halfway and lock lips with his. This may not have been the very first time they'd kissed, but it was the first one where they weren't rushed. Where they could do so freely without anyone have to interrupt them somehow. Nor did they have to worry about hiding their relationship from anyone; no one would be able to come hunting them anymore.

They were finally, truly free to start properly letting this relationship bloom. Okay, fine. She was even better seeing and now feeling Jack's points about why he was wanting to wait.

"Mmmhhh ...."

After a bit of hesitating, Fayth rose her hands, wrapping them gently around Jack's neck as she pulled herself closer against his body. Her chest barely pressing against his shirt ... but no major actions would be forced for him to pay heed to them. If anything, a different thought came to her head; one she doubted he was anticipating. Her hands adjusted so they were resting comfortably on his shoulders ....

And Fayth began to massage them.

"That's probably been long overdue," she softly stated, flashing Jack a grin to show him she was more than okay helping him destress. Her head tilted as Fayth swapped positions and placed her lips on the side of Jack's neck, giving the area light kisses. A few nips every now and again, but nothing too rough. Not before he gave a sign he'd be fine with such actions, at least.

"I know, Fayth...But we didn't get off to the best of starts. And much as you might have said you forgave me...Well, being honest? I haven't fully forgiven myself." Jack would state; even now, he felt still disgusted with how he treated her. How he had treated others.

His road to redemption in that respect was still a long ways off; even if Yusei and Crow had expressed their forgiveness for his callous actions that day...He had a feeling Rally, Nerve, Blitz and the others wouldn't. At least not easily, especially not Rally. But...He would cross that bridge when he got there.

And besides...These past few months had been utter insanity. A part of him wanted them to take it slow now that they could...Really come to know each other. Something Fayth seemed to want to get a head-start on him for. Her hands coming up about the back of his neck, pulling herself close as she then gently dragged her hands along his collarbone, before long resting those slender digits on his shoulders.

And she might feel him visibly relax as she began to massage his shoulders; oh yeah, that felt fucking amazing, he thought. It was a simple action, but the low huff and smile of gratitude would be enough to show he genuinely appreciated the action. "You have no idea..." the blonde murmured, his body seeming to deflate a little bit; though in the best way possible, rest assured.

The stress allowed to melt off his body; if anything, this was just helping to reinforce that it was well and truly over. They could have a semblance of normalcy. A small chuckle left him as Fayth's nips and kisses tickled his skin, his head moving to one side to allow her easier access. This much was okay.

His hands did not stay idle for long...But instead of going to her shoulders, they went down to her hips...And his fingers were all too eager to circle around a bit and sink into the flesh of her rear that was still covered by the bottoms, giving the globes a little bit of a squeeze before he might then snatch her lips in a kiss again.

"Fayth....I think we can at least do this, yeah? We can go slow but still have some fun, right?"

" .... I see." Fayth couldn't help but smile as her eyes briefly closed. Her head gently fell atop his shoulder, though her hands continued massaging them all the while. She took a few moments to mull over Jack's words before lifting her head and nodding. "That's fair enough. I haven't quite made that sort of mistake, but I have made enough to say I do know what you're feeling. It's been a while, mind, but ... I get it. I'll accept that as extra incentive to go a bit slower, because .... that sort of process definitely takes a while. Alright then."

.... Stop sounding like a soldier. Relax a bit.

Fayth could practically hear herself chortle at the thought, and damn well nearly rolled her eyes. Instead, she continued concentrating on eliminating any lingering stress from Jack's body, her smile still very much remaining. This might not be sex they were partaking in .... but it felt nice in its own rights. And it was certainly its own form of intimacy.

"O....oi, Jack .... "

Her face immediately went red, the smile still there, but now laced with a bit of embarrassment as his hand landed on her rear. Still, just like how his hand had found her thigh in the cab, she let him touch her. And besides ... her quick mind did come up with a quip to toss over in its own subtle way of playful retaliation. But before she could voice that, Fayth was interrupted with a kiss. She groaned, leaning into it and savoring the sensations flowing through her body. Only when both herself and Jack pulled away would she finally allow her tease to be heard.

"So ... does this mean your an ass guy then? No shame either way, just umm ... I'm not going to pretend I expected you to select touching me there first."

Her head lowered, now inches away from going back to his collarbone. Right before her lips landed on their mark, Fayth would whisper softly into Jack's ear, "You've got a nice grip there." She'd let the words linger before opening her mouth and teasing the same spot, now seeming determined to make at least somewhat of a hickey. It'd be able to be hidden by his clothes and hair ... but with the right gestures and a keen enough set of eyes, it would most certainly be noticed.

"Mmmhmmm, definitely," Fayth moaned in response, softly chuckling. "If anything, we're more than overdue for having actual fun. The hell with anyone who dares try to say otherwise."

It was only a small bit annoying she'd found more reasons to agree with Jack than disagree, because she could definitely feel herself beginning to get wet and aroused from this. But that was exactly why she repeatedly reassured herself that this would be very worth it when they were both ready to give themselves fully to one another. If this was feeling damn good ... the day they went to home base would be truly amazing.

Meanwhile, over in another side of The Tops, Ling had been taking advantage of the past few days to calm not just herself, but her parents and especially Yamichi. She hadn't forgotten Mister E's last words ... even if a lot of her had wanted to. But honestly? Part of her convinced herself that ultimately, the main thing that mattered was the fact they'd gotten a second chance. Had she won that duel ... then maybe she'd feel more fine asking about what it all really meant. Just to be damn sure.

Right now though? She didn't want to focus on that nonsense. Just the here and now.

Her parents had been gracious enough to allow Yamichi to stay with her. In a guest room, of course. But even still, it was an appreciated gesture from herself, and likely Yamichi.

Today though ... she wasn't honestly sure what they would do. They had been eating together over the past few days, but everyone - herself included - had been incredibly tense. Would it really be wise to remain cooped in the house? Some part of her didn't think so. Granted, everyone was at least a bit more relaxed. Yamichi still wasn't perfect, as he'd been informed of both good and bad news from his crew of sorts. And that was exactly why she was more determined than usual to try to cheer him up. Her presence had no doubt helped ... but she wanted to do more.

What better way to do so than finding something sexy but still appropriate to wear? Sure, that may be a small bit unfair given they were in her house as opposed to somewhere more discreet. But Ling liked to think Yamichi would appreciate the gesture all the same. Her head tilted as she studied at herself carefully.

Hmmm ... is this too much? she pondered, staring at the reflection of her new outfit in the mirror. Definitely bold at worst, but ... it wasn't like Ling was showing cleavage off. Besides, she took the precaution of adding a pair of shorts underneath. So even if at a first glance this may seem like a lot ... this was okay, right?

Well ... it better be, because I'm not easily changing out of this.

Nodding and smiling at her mirror, Ling then pivoted and exited her room, stopping in front of the guest room Yamichi was occupying. "Hey umm ... mind if I come in for a bit?"

Last edited:

Jack continued to hold her as he did; it wasn't like she was pulling away. If anything, she was seeming to actually push those lower cheeks into his hands, allowing her to truly feel his grip there. He would have grabbed her shoulders...But given their positioning? It would have been a little cumbersome, especially since he had a good few inches on her in height.

A low chuckle left his throat as she left her mark on him; so, that was how she wanted to play it huh?

As she might tease him, he would lean in and whisper right back, "And what if I am? Part of my being the King was I knew what I liked. Besides...Even the best rulers have their vices." His hands squeezed a bit tighter, his voice still low as he then added, "Besides...I don't hear you complaining, Fayth."

Even so...This sort of play did make him feel a bit turned on himself. And while he didn't want to go too far yet....There was something they could do that was well within his comforts, and probably would help Fayth feel like he was indeed trying to reciporcate how she felt towards him.

With that, the tall blonde was extremely quick to turn them so that she was on her back....Him braced over her as they might go into a rather intense kissing session.

It had been a rough few days for Yamichi. A large part of it was his revival; even now, phantom pain shot through his chest where that psycho had punched a hole clean through. Ling had been hugely instrumental in his recovery; gods, he missed her before she showed up in the Satellite. And just her presence alone seemed to help his soul feel a bit lighter.

As very much relieved and happy he was nearly everyone had returned...There was still one who did not for certain. Would not unless another miracle happened. A man he had loved as one might any other....One he never got to confess his feelings to. He knew Hotsuma didn't swing that way...But it was still something he wished he could have said. Something he could have perhaps at least acted on, even if just a kiss on the cheek.

But now that time was over...Would be over forever and ever. Even so, he knew his former leader wouldn't want him to wallow; no, that wasn't the Disciple way. They pushed on regardless of hardships. And besides...He had someone here who he loved too, and who loved him as much as he did her.

Thankfully her folks were more than generous enough to let him stay; though they insisted on separate rooms. Something he could easily understand, but even still their hospitality did earn truly meaningful thank yous from the tech. He would return to the Satellite in time...But right now he needed to heal. Physically and emotionally. And this whole experience wasn't something that would go away in a few days. Not for him anyway.

Right now he was reading a comic, one purchased with his winnings from the Fortune Cup. It was a rare treat....One he allowed himself. He looked up as he heard the door knock, sitting up and placing the book on the nightstand. "Sure, Ling. Door's open." he would say...Though needless to say her attire definitely got a reaction out of the tech. "Uhm...Wow, Ling. That looks...amazing on you. I....uh...Sorry if I look a bit disheveled still." he would say, sheepishly scratching his cheek.

He then sat up more fully, his legs crossed on the bed as he looked up at her, his body only in shorts and a heavy yellow hooded sweatshirt.

"I know your parents are letting me stay here...and I'm truly appreciative for that. But are you sure I can't help with expenses somehow? I've been trying to sneak them some money for food and such, but they...Well, I guess I wasn't expecting them to let me stay here scot-free."

Granted, he did help them around the house, even going so far as to rewire portions of it for a new entertainment system they had bought. He also did dishes when needed and even helped her father with some technical issues on his work equipment...But to him that was just second-nature stuff, something he wouldn't count as repayment for eating their food or using a bed.

Ling

Ling grinned as Yamichi quickly gave away he very much approved of her wardrobe selection. "Thank you. I was hoping it'd be bold ... but nothing too excessive." Walking forward, Ling sat beside Yamichi, gently rubbing his back. She didn't need to be a Psychic like Yuna or Hajime; it was clear enough there was a lot on the tech's mind. To be fair though ... it wasn't like she wasn't in the same boat. She was just ... trying to keep herself sane, and in order to do that, her focus needed to be on something else. This by no means meant she was erasing and forgetting fully of the past; however, it wasn't on her mind nearly as much as it was for Yamichi.

Then again, considering among all the lives who had been revived, the one who didn't come back was someone he cared about ... it was fair enough that he was still mourning. Few people, if any, could get completely over a loss that dire in the span of 72 hours or even sooner.

Suffice to say, when he did finally speak up ... it caused Ling to chuckle softly as she wagged a finger playfully in front of his face. "Don't be silly. It's not like you haven't done anything during your stay. That by itself is assisting in its own rights, even if not with finances. Plus ... well, remember when Jack talked about things to look out for with this new royalty status? Well ... one thing he didn't mention that night was ummm .... "

Ling paused, contemplating how to word the next part honestly while not sounding arrogant.

"Let's just say I already have more than enough to move out and get a penthouse if I so desired. And then I could handle the furniture and everything else pretty easily."

As tempting as that idea had sounded in her head ... there was one main thing keeping her from acting on it, and it wasn't her parents like it would have been when she first met Yamichi. Rather, it was her education and promising to finish up with that. Besides, by the time she finished up, the savings would be more than ample enough to afford something even more grand if she really wanted to go for something more extravagant. And indeed, that was a possibility. Not quite for herself ... but to help the Satellite out. Something that, Ling vowed repeatedly to her sponsors and managers, would definitely be arranged in due time. For now, she needed to heal also ... even if not as direly as Yamichi.

"The best thing you could give me right now ... well, that we can get away with, I might add," she flashed him a sly wink, not bothering to hide her other intentions and allowing him to know he hadn't misheard the innuendo at all, "Is the sight of you being truly happy. Believe me, I've taken a few steps backwards sometimes ... and have had to make myself move forward again. So while you're still here ... I want to remember you being content and smiling before you have to head back. It may be a while before we can see each other again ... though hopefully not nearly as long now that there aren't tensions between us all."

If anything, school would be the primary reason for them not seeing one another for a while. That plus any obligations he may have involving his group. Otherwise, the two would very likely be more free to speak and see one another when the time was right.

Yamichi could only sit there as Ling might join him on his bed, feeling her hand rubbing his back, smiling at the gesture; she truly was a perfect match to him. At least he felt so; even if it might be a stupid thing to worry about, he wondered if she felt the same. Granted, her reaction to his being outed as a Satellite gangbanger - compassionate anger, not furious outrage - told him everything he needed to know about her character.

"I...Suppose, just feel like a bit of a leech still. I mean, the computer and wiring stuff is one and done. But the food is a constant cost, not to mention toiletries and other things I might need." he would reply, raising a brow as she hinted at how much money she was taking in. Was the Queen really paid that well? I mean, maybe it was; she had all sorts of advertisers and such contacting her near-constantly the last time he was here. Between that, merchandising deals, charity events, and TV appearances? Well, she seemed to be doing quite well for herself.

And he himself still had his prize money from the tournament before; he should see about donating some of it. Would help at least a few families in the Satellite, especially with the recent outpouring of support the area was receiving.

Though he did flush at her suggestion, giving a slight cough as he got surprised by her undertones. And no, he did not miss it all...And the wink was all too much to confirm she did not misspeak either; definitely was intentional.

"Being honest Ling? Just...having you with me...Is already enough. I feel a lot better when I see you...I won't lie, I was worried how the aftermath of everything would affect the relations between the Tops and the Satellite. But it seems like people are actually starting to care...Genuinely I mean. Not hollowly promising to aid them. It's...refreshing."

And her words combined with that seemed to help brighten his spirits a bit. "Hey...How about we go for a while? Now that my leg is finally not shattered in twenty places, I can actually keep up with you this time." he would say, giving himself a verbal bit of self-depreciation.

"Perhaps lunch? My treat."

Ling

"Even still, both mom and dad work also. The concern truly is appreciated, but I'd say we have all our bases pretty well covered. You being at least a bit more cheerful truly would be one of the best things I could get from you." Her hand gently continued moving along his back, her smile widening as she stared into his bright green eyes. Small, simple gestures like this had almost been missed, and would have been on a permanent basis had the unexplained miracle not occurred. As such, Ling was finding as many chances as possible to better appreciate any and everything, no matter how petty it may seem to other people.

"Your eyes are really brilliant and beautiful, you know? Definitely a rare color."

Which wasn't simply a compliment to try to cheer him up, but a genuine truth. She hadn't seen many people from either The Satellite or Tops that had such a color, and even fewer that had them in a lighter shade. Most were closer to a dark emerald hue. But this? This was something different. Like a bright jade green almost.

"Lunch, huh? That sounds great. We can head to the mall. I've umm ... well, I haven't wanted to risk sounding rude, but I have been wondering if you've needed some extra clothes anyway. We can go shopping afterwards, because I know you've had to re-wash quite a few of the same things you've worn, and I wouldn't blame you for wanting something more fresh and new. But before we head out ..."

Even if they couldn't do anything too intimate, there was one thing she could easily take advantage. Leaning forward, she placed her lips gently upon his, giving Yamichi a deep, passionate kiss. Sure, she'd done it upon finding him, but that had been too short-lived. Ling definitely wanted to make up for that, and he'd notice that much if he kept track of the kiss lasting longer than usual. Just barely missing a whole minute before she pulled away, lightly weaving her fingers through his hair before standing up, interlacing her hand with his.

"Okay. Let's go before we end up pressing our luck and getting a different kind of meal."

The smirk would only last until they entered the living room area, where Shen would be the first to turn and see them heading towards the door. "Lunch," Ling would swiftly reply, knowing fully well what her father was going to ask. "Besides, this can allow you and mom to have your own date."

"Very well. That works out. Don't stay out too late though."

"I doubt we were gonna, but I'll just say it anyway. We definitely won't!"

"I'm expecting you to take care of my daughter, young man."

Ling bit her lip to stifle a chuckle as she merely waved to her parents before turning and exiting the house with Yamichi. Only after they walked a few paces away from the house did she finally let the laugh leave her lips. "Sorry, sorry. I know he's being serious, but he means well this time. So don't fret too much about his words, okay? Now .... since you were in The Tops for the Fortune Cup, did you ever head to the mall, see what direction it was in, anything of the like? Or do you need me to guide you?"

Whatever the case, they'd be walking towards the nearest bus stop, waiting for the ride to arrive so they could get on and be taken to the mall.

Yamichi just flushed deeply as Ling complimented the color of his eyes, his gaze temporarily shifting away as if he were embarrassed. Maybe it was because of his past....The Satellite....but he was still somewhat getting used to letting his guard down. And the compliment - while very much appreciated given the goofy smile he was wearing - was relatively out of nowhere, and he still wasn't entirely sure how to reply.

"Y...Yeah...Plus, I can't stay here all cooped up. He wouldn't want that...He'd want me to ge..."

He was about halfway through what was sure to be a rambling of his own thoughts before Ling then surprised him yet again; if his cheeks could get any redder they'd surely explode! Even the tips of his ears felt like they were burning, a deep blush coloring his entire face a lovely crimson. Even if it didn't last all that long, it was definitely longer than any other kiss they had shared before.

And...Holy fuck, it felt amazing!

His breath a little bit heavier, finally able to take in air after the depth of the liplock. "W-Wow...." was all he could say, the nerdy tech barely able to nod as she made another tease about getting a 'different kind of meal'. If that kiss was the appetizer....Shit, he'd want the main course for sure! But...Later.

As they might walk out, Yamichi heard and saw Shen sitting there, his wife having left to do some grocery shopping of her own. "I will sir; that much I can promise." Yamichi said; and hopefully this time, it didn't mean having to fight darkness-wielding psychopaths to fulfill it. As they made their way to the nearby bus stop, Yamichi would reply to Ling's question. "I....I don't think I was there before. Last time I was here was with you for the premiere of that movie, and I arrived then kind of last minute. So....I think yeah, you should lead the way."

Once they were on the bus, Yamichi would just follow Ling's direction: And what he saw once they disembarked was quite astounding!

wp11385682.jpg

The place was huge! It was like an entire shopping complex, but all outdoors! And from what Yamichi could tell, there was even more inside given by the presence of stairs and escalators. "Whoa....We don't have anything like this in the Satellite!" he would remark, his eyes widening with surprise at the large site.

He did happen to see an electronics boutique; if the storefront advertisments were anything close, they had just about anything a techno-nerd like him could ever need to tinker! But....He would indulge himself on that later.

"So....I guess maybe I can take you up on your offer to go clothes-shopping? I think having a few more outfits wouldn't hurt..." Yamichi asked her, then stating "Could you show me a good clothing shop? I...Well, I'm a bit out of my element in that area."

Ling

The trip to the shopping center would, thankfully, be peaceful enough. Either people hadn't realized who she was or were smart enough to just leave her be ... even if only for that moment. Whatever the case, it was very much appreciated. Ling had experienced more than enough instances of being bombarded by fans, paparazzi, both in the worst case scenarios. Even though Yamichi had never been with her before when she'd had said encounters, they were all draining in their own rights. As such, she was incredibly relieved no unwanted attention was finding her today.

She chuckled softly, noting Yamichi looked like a kid who'd just walked into a candy store ... or their favorite place to hang out at, anyway. Which, for her boyfriend, meant the electronics boutique. "That probably would be your version of Paradise, huh?" Ling teased, flashing Yamichi a reassuring smile that hinted despite her words, she didn't mean any harm by them. They were strictly playful at worst; nothing more, but certainly nothing less.

"Sure! I'd love to help you out! Now ... styles and such might be a small bit different because ... well ... " Ling smirked as she gestured to her body, then nodded to his. "Different gender and all, but ... I do think I can help pick out some items and colors that would look pretty good on you. I've been told I have a pretty good eye for such details."

Ling had clearly been to this exact store before, something Yamichi could guess well enough with how easily she navigated her way through the other stores and guided them inside a quaint but still decent-sized department store. It had not only clothes, but its own section for electronic devices and even food, seeming to double as a place to get groceries and other supplies in addition to just new outfits.

"Hmmm," Ling mused as she began walking through the men section. "It's going to start getting chilly soon. You should get something that will keep you from freezing your legs, or any part of your body really, off." The smirk on her face hinted she still wasn't done tossing over innuendos, and if his mind was slightly in the gutter ... well, he wasn't completely wrong in guessing she did mean that. "Here. Things like this should do wonders for you."

She reached over, picking out a jean, shirt, and jacket combo up against Yamichi, now giving him a genuine smile. No teasing, no jesting, just pure happiness reflected in Ling's eyes as she nodded happily. "

"Blue or black for the jeans ... maybe some khakis could work well, but those feel more professional than casual. But I'm not gonna say you can't choose them. And for any of the tops? Black, blue, red, white, certain shades of purple, maybe a darker green to help bring your eyes better. Think emerald or anything close enough to that. Hmmm ... "

Ling tilted her head as she tried to think about any other colors that may suit Yamichi well enough before slowly shaking her head.

"Maybe gold, yellow, or grey, but otherwise? I'd say what I offered are the best hues that work well with you. You're by all means free to grab something else I didn't list. That's just my two yen for what they're worth. So ... do you want me to wait for you to gather everything else, or would you be fine if I tagged along while you grabbed anything else you may want?"

Back
Top Bottom