Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yu-gi-oh 5Ds: Rise of Darkness and Corruption (Athene/ImaginaryMuse & Razgriz)

Yuna shook her head. "Sadly, not on me. All of that - a phone, anyway - is also back at the base, but .... that's probably gonna have to be replaced. Somehow." The last word was muttered, and the frown on Yuna's lips would hint the mere concept did not make her happy in the slightest. Even mere cards were expensive, at least for people like herself who were born and raised in The Satellite. So applying costs to a damn phone, let alone computer? Yeah. Those were relatively huge numbers, all things considered.

But ... it was something that would likely have to be invested in, regardless of whether Yamichi used his hands or the saved up funds they still had to procure these objects.

"Okay. Careful, guys. We don't know who or what's out there."

Hajime merely gave Yuna a knowing smile. One that silently swore he wouldn't dare perish, nor do so easily despite all the dangers they did have to look out for. Not if he could help it.

Yuna and Shivini both watched Yamichi, Hajime, and Mei all leave ... before Yuna finally gave her full attention back to Trance Demon. "Okay, so ... Sosuke, Hotsuma. What's this about a doctor keeping him? Do you know where he is?"

Of course, the exact location would be preferred. However, if Takeshi, Hotsuma and Hajime had been able to find her with no real clues back when Kiryu abducted her ... they could do the same thing. It'd likely take a while, just like it did with locating herself. But it was doable. A slight grimace mingled in with her frown as Yuna slowly added, "Is ... this doctor another Dark Signer?"

It was definitely a less than pleasant thought. But it'd also help justify how someone, particularly if it was indeed just one individual, was able to keep someone like Hotsuma away.

Nah, you're good, Hajime replied, keeping a steady hold on Yamichi's arm. He'd been letting Yamichi borrow a shoulder, just to have some needed and extra support. He briefly contemplated adding a quip about the tech being light in weight, but ... nah. Now wasn't really the time for that sorta comment, joke or otherwise. That was what his instincts were telling him, and they only got stronger as the Facility got closer and closer.

In fact, as they closed the gap with how far away they were, the tighter the knot in his stomach got.

.... Fuck ....

It was the only word Hajime could conjure to describe the sight reflecting in his eyes. He bit into his lower lip for a few moments, letting go so he could continue concentrating on keeping Yamichi standing up. Thankfully, the front was still available. However, if Hajime had thought the view from the outside was horrible? The inside was even worse. How so? Because there were feelings, sensations that despite his own powers not being as great as Yuna's, Hajime could still very much pick up on. And they made him shake .... in both fear and a bit of anger.

Which was stronger? Even he didn't know for sure.

It's ... a bit. It's hard to explain, as it's not a person, per se, but .... yes. I do sense ...

And at this, he paused. What even was a good analogy, or way to describe this? It took a few moments, but when the answer came to him, his tremors strengthened a bit.

Sadism personified. You know how shitty you felt watching me get muted? Multiply that by .... I would say a hundred, but possibly even more. As for actual people, though?

Hajime shook his head.

Nope. No one, human or demon. So ....

His head bowed.

It probably is as Yuna warned. If Takeshi and Eikichi are still inside somewhere ... they're not alive. No one likely is.

And even though the mere idea was tempting to physically hurt him, he pushed himself on, forcing himself to help Yamichi move so they could lead Mei to ... well ... what used to be her office. And should nothing be there? They'd look around the rest of the place, namely where extra supplies would be stored. He'd just do so now with a much heavier heart than Hajime expected to have.

Trance Demon::Yamichi Hizumara

Trance Demon could only watch as on as the trio left, seeming worried about them. It was like the Trance Demon was now trying to help protect them when it had spent his days getting bullied by the larger and stronger Demon Soldiers formerly left in charge of the Facility's security.

He did look at Yuna as she asked him her question, those bright red bulging eyes staring at her as his gaze then shifted down. "Do....not...know....Came in flashes...." Trance Demon would say, fingernails once more gently touching at the floor. "Despise....Sosuke....But Emperor....Much worse....Know not...his true plans...No share....with Demons of my caste. Unworthy we are...To know his great schemes in full."

Even so, Yuna would see his eyes moving, a clear sign he was trying to search his memory of the experience. "Can...not....reach out....Clouded....Something...blocks...the connection...." he would say. "Mad Doctor...Unsure....who that is...But know..It is not Dark Signer. No Gods...near Sosuke....Saw only darkness...Body...in severe pain. Experimentation...Used as cattle for...parts...Being dissected....Alive....Horrible...Would not wish fate upon anyone...Even in former life..."

His eyes stared at the ground...His voice hoarse as he said, "Apologies....Flashes....Sudden....Infrequent....Painful....Try to recall....Details....Blurry. Experience pain....from Sosuke....as pain my own..."

It was here that Trance Demon paused in his speech again...And much as he tried to scream, his massive mouth bit down on his frail arm drawing black blood as the muted screams resonated into his skin. He couldn't keep it up forever though, his eyes bulging even more as he thrashed on the ground, desperately grabbing for the blanket he had been given last night...And shoving into his mouth as a gag. All the while he squirmed and writhed on the floor, veins bulging in his head as images assaulted his mind.

A man in dark glasses...A trench coat...Eyes red in vision from his viewpoint....A balding man in a lab coat...A beating heart removed, Trance Demon clawing at his chest as he gasped into the blanket, more and more pain beginning to overwhelm him before it stopped....The heart placed back inside...

And then came through a name.....One that made Trance Demon go still almost immediately...And if Yuna or Shivini were to remove the gag after he fell still, they would hear him mutter it.

"Ko.....Za.....Ky...."

"God...Even that has a kind of presence here? The fuck kind of fucked up shit hit this place?" Yamichi mused; was it one of these Dark Signers? He saw Kiryu in the flesh, the psychotic bastard. Did he order the attack? Or whoever he worked for or with? Even worse was that there was no one here.....Which made it all the more likely it was the Dark Signers.

But he would think they'd leave corpses if that were the case....So why were there none?

But as Mei pointed out...Maybe it was better. This was their one potential blessing: No sights of their dead littering the remains. But as they explored it seemed that was all they got: Most of the control rooms were destroyed, the supply cabinets of cultivated items one by one showing to have been destroyed. They had to skirt around much of the remains, since most of the accessways had been blocked by rubble. Thankfully Yamichi was helpful in that regard; indeed his big brain was paying off here, helping them find alternate paths through the Facility ruins.

The medical office did have some of her supplies thankfully.....A much larger cache than she had hoped. And a couple of the smaller cabinets seemed largely undamaged. "Well..That's good at least....Now we can at least see about fixing your leg more effectively. But we'll still need to see about getting a computer."

Yamichi huffed, "Sorry....I need a rest for a second....My leg...." Yamichi grimaced. Even with Hajime helping him, he was still unable to keep much weight on it for long. "How bad is the pain..." Mei asked, moving to tend to him. "On a scale of 1 to 10? Being honest...Inching close to an 8 or 9." Yamichi said, his brow covered in sweat. Mei was quick to draw up some pain medication, some emergency biscuits produced as she said, "Eat these....Don't want to give you this on an empty stomach." Yamichi was quick to eat the packet, Mei then swabbing his arm and injecting some pain medication.

At this Yamichi seemed to be more relaxed...Not so much that he was out of it, but definitely calmer. "Hopefully..That wasn't something critical..." Yamichi said, Mei just smiling, "No...A good number of bottles are still intact. And I still have the casting material...But....Do you happen to know if you had a spare laptop in your room? Maybe Hajime can go grab it while you rest..."

Yamichi nodded, "Hajime....Do you...Think you can....Sorry, but I need....a hot second....To catch my breath...Just....Go down one floor, and it's the first....first room on the left...Look for a small....Datapad....Black-edged....Kept it...inside my mattress....Just in case something happened....Slit on the side, should be able to reach right in and....get it..."

Yuna let out a huff at the dreaded response of Trance Demon not knowing where Hotsuma was. Somewhat luckily for him, she wasn't going to accuse him of bullshitting her. She could at least sense he was being sincere about that much. Even still, it didn't make this situation any less frustrating. In fact, things got more dire when it was relayed what exactly was happening to Hotsuma.

"He's being what?!" Yuna snapped, Shivini silently cursing the fact she was the only member of Yomi around as she rubbed Yuna's shoulder. "Yuna, there's no --"

"I know that!" Yuna shot back, "But ... what?! I'm supposed to just sit on my ass and ... be fine with this?!"

Shivini flashed an irked look as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Okay then. What lead do we have, hmmm?"

"That's exactly why I need to be out there! Even when we had our fights, he busted his ass off looking for me! So yes, he would do this if roles were reversed!"

Shivini grimaced, bowing her head lowly. "I get it. And yes, I really do before you try to ask if I mean that. I have Finlay, after all. So your urgency ... I do understand it. However ... if you just storm out of here .... " Shivini's head kept moving from side to side. Though the sentence was left unfinished, Yuna could piece it together well enough, and it made her growl in frustration. Unfortunately, she was right. Leaving now and leaving this place basically defenseless would be pretty reckless. They'd already lost the Facility, after all. If they lost yet another temporary hideaway? That wouldn't be any good either.

" ... His pain is ... wait a second. Does that mean you're somehow linked to him? How the hell did that even happen? You've been in the base the whole time, so ... "

Okay. Not only were these revelations turning out to be quite grim, but they were also becoming relatively creepy in their own rights. Yuna gripped onto her lower lip as she paced back and forth. "Please try to ... "

But before she could finish her plea, Trance bit down on his arm to silence his screams. And both Yuna and Shivini would grimace. Neither had been around him last night, but now that they were. The cries temporarily rang in their ears ... enough that each had to cover them for a few moments to lessen the loud echoes reverberating within their eardrums. As the noise finally died down, there was a name. Muffled ... but still something all the same.

"W-wait a minute, who?! Repeat that, please!"

Though Yuna was quick to tug the gag out, she also made sure to be at least a bit gentle. The poor demon was at least attempting to help them, and that very fact was keeping her from verbally or even physically lashing out in anger. But gods help her if her patience and desperation weren't strengthening with each passing second.

Well ... considering the shit they put Yuna through and she isn't even a Signer at all .. it's not that amazing to me. It's just .... nerve-wracking those fuckers are really that strong more than much else.

Particularly because when this was all said and done? It meant that - ultimately - they had to put their faith in Yusei, Jack, Fayth and all of the others to ensure this didn't end with the Dark Signers winning. He didn't even want to think about that being a possibility because ... there could be no good endings should that occur. Hajime shook his head quickly, silencing the thoughts going through his head as he slowly walked through the remains with both Mei and Yamichi.

It probably was for the best that there were no bodies left behind ... but on the flip side, that irked him. Eikichi and Takeshi - should they have perished - deserved to be buried. So knowing their bodies hadn't gotten that much, at least not by friendly faces, didn't make Hajime overly content.

What did make him at least a bit more calm, however, was finding that there were quite a few of Mei's medical supplies still around. He let out a sigh of relief upon finding this trip hadn't been a complete waste like some part of him had been afraid of.

Hm? Oh, shit. Sure, no problem.

With Mei's help, Hajime was able to help Yamichi sit down. He looked over the tech with a genuinely worried look on his face. He wasn't doing well, huh? Well ... good thing they'd hauled their asses over here, then. He'd give Yamichi a quick, affirmative nod as the second-in-command of The Disciples asked for him to find the laptop.

Say no more.

Tucking the instructions away, Hajime pivoted and hurried down the corridors, looking for the exact room Yamichi had just described. Fortunately, it was indeed the very first room on the left, just as he'd said. So the temporary obstacle came in the form of finding the slit. But once that reflected in Hajime's eyes ... voila! Mission accomplished!

He jogged back up the stairs, but made damn sure to keep it tightly held in his arms. The last thing he wanted to do was drop it, after all.

Here ... you go ...

The running had taken some wind out, naturally. But he'd live. It wasn't Hajime's leg that was hurting, after all. He silently sat beside Yamichi, handing him his datapad as he joined the tech in sitting and recovering his own breath.

"K...Kozaky...N..name of..c-captor....Mad Scientist....Mad Doctor...."

Trance Demon seemed to be calming down, but seemed to be confused as he righted himself. Like the flashes had disoriented him, made him woozy and cloudy-headed. He was still kind of out of it as Yuna and Shivini might have their spat about the wisdom of going out right now and searching for Hotsuma.

Probably wasn't the wisest idea, but anyone in Yuna's situation would easily understand why she was feeling the way she did. Even with their fights, he had helped to find her when she was taken. Had tried to help her when Kiryu imprisoned her and Takeshi in that horrible Duel that put her in a coma.

"Mad Scientist...Sosuke...Hotsuma called him 'Mad Doctor'...Probably saw Kozaky....Then him....Two, there are..." Trance Demon would say. "Cannot...trace pathway....Something....blocks....Want to help...."

Giving a slight gulp, he then added, "Your world...Calls him 'Magical Scientist'....No magic in his work however. Wicked he is...Was often called on by Emperor...Was how....my race created. His experimentations....His and Kozaky's combined genius....Emperor must have called him....To what end...I know not..."

Mei gently rubbed along Yamichi's forehead, one of the few intact containers of distilled water used to lay a cool rag on his forehead. The tech was in bad shape....And it was too risky to do the operation here. "Yamichi....You doing alright? How's your pain?" she asked, Yamichi nodding "Better....1 to 2...." She smiled, "Well, we can better set reset your leg once we're back to Yuna's place okay? I would do an X-ray here, but the machine was destroyed...Seems whoever attacked here was going to make sure none of this could be used....But they missed my little stash."

Yamichi just laughed, "Well...That sucks...But at least there's something...."

But then Hajime came back, carrying the tablet in his arms. Thank god they didn't find it.....It wasn't much, but it would have a good chunk of their logistical information on it. Along with a map of the Satellite....Hopefully one that could be used to find somewhere more permanent and secure.

"T-Thanks Hajime..." Yamichi replied. "Give me a sec..." His fingers began tapping through it, trying to scroll through the feeds. Most of the cameras were knocked out of service or offline, and none were responding to the reactivation commands. "Shit...." Yamichi said, Mei asking "What's wrong?" After a few more scrolls, only showing a few available feeds, he replied, "Almost all the cameras I hacked...They're offline. We're blind...."

However, as he found one that was working he managed to play it back....And saw a massive tower of blue energy lighting up. This was about sixteen hours ago....What the hell was going on?

It was here that Yamichi then noticed something....An audio file? He tapped over it...Soon a voiceprint playing out...It was rough...Gravely....It sounded familiar....

"Barbaric...Area...North....Barbaric...Area...North..."

Yamichi raised a brow, hearing those words repeated over and over. "This is...one of the demons....How did they find this....And how did they know how to record this? Only one else who knew...Was Hotsuma..." At this Yamichi's eyes widened, immediately scrolling out of that screen and going into an overview of the Satellite, going to the mentioned area...The Barbaric Area was huge.

"Hajime...Mei....Call me crazy...But I think....that demon was telling us where Hotsuma is!"

Yuna rose an eyebrow as Trance Demon was able to give the full name. It wasn't that she didn't believe him. Hell, up until recently, she'd had the ability to turn into a Duel Spirit herself. However ... he was implying that - somehow - the Duel Spirits had gotten to Hotsuma. "But ... I mean ... does that mean he's not in this world then, or ... ?? That ... something's off."

Shivini nodded, trying to make sense of Trance's words ... but having as much success as Yuna was. After mulling it over a bit longer, she turned and looked at Yuna. "I really do get why you may not wanna, but ... we probably should wait for the guys to come back. Hell, maybe they'll find something while looking for medical supplies?"

At this, Yuna's face seemed to light up as she nodded in agreement. "Actually ... yes. Thank you. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. I'm just ... going to use my telepathy."

Shivini gave a slight frown. "You sure it's safe?"

"Be that as it may, I don't exactly have a phone, remember? Plus ... I'm sure Yamichi will wanna know what we found out about Hotsuma. He is his leader, ya know? I haven't been the only one worried about him." Yuna peeked out of the windows, glanced from side to side, then sat back down in the chair she'd been resting in. "It should be clear ... but keep your eyes and ears open just in case."

Granted, it would have to literally have to be a Dark Signer who could even sense or understand what she was doing. But knowing that was all it'd take ... Yuna wanted to at least avoid an ambush if at all possible. Her eyes closed as Yuna let out a soft breath before focusing and linking up with Hajime ...

Yeah, no ...

But before the word 'problem' could echo in Hajime's head, he felt a familiar sensation. Someone connecting with him. And once it registered as Yuna, he allowed it to finish instead of fighting against it.

Something up? Hajime asked, putting a hand gently on Yamichi's shoulder and allowing him to 'join in', as it were.

Yeah. Trance managed to give us a lead on where to find Hotsuma in the form of a name. And ... it's not good. In fact, his own situation is about as dire as ... well ... what you all got me out of. Honestly possibly a bit worse if I'm being brutally honest.

So who is it? Please tell me it's Kiryu.

For better or worse, no. Trust me, I wanna get back at him too, but given what's going on? It honestly may be for the best that it isn't him. No, it's Kozaky, or as you may better recognize the name, the Magical Scientist.

And within uttering that reply, Hajime would look like an almost perfect copy of how Yuna had reacted moments after learning this fact. He looked over at Yamichi, wondering if he understood how this was possible before trying to muse over the exact same scenario Yuna had been pondering.

But ... if that's a Duel Spirit, then ... are they here in this world, or ... ?? Is that even possible? Damnit, Judai would know these answers if he were back.

If he's fused with a Duel Spirit, it probably is possible. But whether that's what's happening or not? Not sure.

Actually ... if what we found is any indication ... it probably is a very likely reality. You got a name, we have a possible location.

Oh thank fuck! Where?!

And Hajime would indeed give the honest answer ... even if the slightly jealous part of him didn't want to. But before Yuna could speak up again, he cleared his throat to indicate he wasn't done and, unfortunately, there was a part two.

We need to do some serious medical tending to Yamichi when we return first. His pain's at a better level right now, but that needs to be done before we check the Barbaric Area North out.

He then gave a Yamichi an apologetic look ... before adding his own question.

So ... what exactly are we dealing with? Kozaky's doing what exactly to Hotsuma? What kind of timer are we on?

... Vivisection. There is a hope with this knowledge, though so before you panic, Yamichi, hear me out. He went missing basically after Takeshi and Hajime got me back to the Facility, right? After that duel? That's ... been a month if not longer. If they're still keeping him so they can continue using him, they have to keep him alive. Which means his heart and other vital organs should be fine. But that said ... I don't wanna push our luck if we can help it. If anything ... we can use the rest of today for Yamichi to rest up, then leave tomorrow or in a few days ... although I'll admit the selfish part of me prefers tomorrow.

Hajime went silent, allowing Yamichi to voice his thoughts ... if he could manage to do so before replying.

We'll probably have a more concrete idea on what to do when we return. Right now ... this is indeed a good lead. Go on and cut the link. You told me to be cautious using my own powers. That goes for you vice versa.

And just like that ... Yuna would be out of the boys' minds. She looked over to Shivini, who shook her head no. "We're clear." Another sigh - this one of relief - resounded as Yuna slumped into the chair.

Hajime, meanwhile, had something between a concerned and puzzled expression on his face. It was still odd ... to hear that a duel spirit of all people was behind this, let alone somehow strong enough to keep someone like Hotsuma held captive this long. It really would be easier to comprehend if Judai were here ... but alas, they'd have to figure it all out without him.

Hmmmm .... maybe I should at least let him know we're not going to be at the Facility. For whenever he does come back ...

He nodded, seeming to approve of his own idea. Unfortunately ... with the difference in his power versus Yuna's and who had more ... he'd have to wait a bit before making such an attempt. Particularly if it may not work at all. But he still had to at least try to make an effort ... or leave behind some hint as to where he could find them.

He definitely needs some sorta clue, regardless.

And as far as Hajime was concerned? That would have applied even if he hadn't been accepted by both Yomi and The Disciples. The fact he had gotten such approval, however, made it feel more right in Yomi's right hand man's mind that they needed to do something for Judai, be it get in touch directly or leave some sort of indication to hint where they were behind.

Yamichi could only listen in as Yuna and Hajime would begin their discourse. So apparently there was something else now?! Great...What else could there possibly be? And given the tone, it was anything but friendly.

And as Yamichi would hear what was really going?! "He's WHAT?!" the tech screamed, his eyes tearing up as Needless to say, the news of his leader being cut apart like a side of beef was not something the tech was at all pleased in hearing. And with Mei touching him to try and calm him down. Her own eyes widened as she caught the implications of what was going on....These people were sick.

Hippocratic oath be damned; if any of them wound up in her hospital chambers she would leave them to rot!

She held Yamichi close as he threatened to break down...But he eventually did calm down enough to get his breathing under control. "Fuck these guys..." Yamichi sniffed; what did these guys think they were doing?! No doubt Hotsuma had a lot of enemies...But Yamichi's mind made him think these guys were all with the Dark Signers. Fucking bastards!

"I....I can handle the clue...." Yamichi said, grabbing a pen and a prescription slip, writing a coded message for Judai. One that read, "Home is where the heart is...Remember Yukio." Thankfully Yamichi had been around Judai enough to know about one little facet: Energy reading.

"But...We should keep moving....Need to get back as soon as possible." he would say, asking "Sorry....Could you help me up, Hajime?"

The return trip would take some time....Another couple of hours perhaps, mostly due to having to scamper around the entire Facility. What really bothered Yamichi the most was the lack of Sector officers...It was like they just....Vanished. Usually they would be calling in reinforcements from the mainland....But it was eerily empty, and even from here, Yamichi could see one of the Towers in the distance, pulsing a bright blue even against the greyness of the overcast new day.

"It's gonna rain....We should move." Yamichi said, trying to help pick up the pace. Eventually, the trio made it back home, Yamichi - with the help of Hajime - collapsing on the couch. "Fuck....My damn leg...." he groaned, rubbing the cast. "We made it....Yuna, it's as we feared. Most everything was destroyed." Mei would interject, but did smile as she plopped down a few backpacks. "It's not much, but I found water, emergency rations, and medication. If we spare the consumption...Might give us a few days, and being very generous? A week...."

She sat down, a slight frown on her face as she commented "But everything else was totaled. They knew what to hit and where. And if they're indeed using Hotsuma? That's probably how they knew where to hit...." Yamichi did say, "But if that is the case, then they missed one thing." He gave a light laugh, his brow covered in sweat as he held up his tablet. "We got this...And though I don't have nearly the amount of coverage I did before....I'll make it...Make it work..."

Mei then said, "Yamichi....You shouldn't really go...." but Yamichi shook his head, "He busted his ass with Yuna to try and get us out of Arcadia...I'm not leaving him now. Not when he...ugh..." His eyes squinted as his leg throbbed in pain....

"Yamichi...I know you feel like you owe him...But would Hotsuma really want you risking yourself so much? From what you've told me....That's a no right?" Mei offered comfortingly, Yamichi grimacing. Mei felt bad asking him to sit this one out....But his leg wouldn't heal, and being practical? He would slow them down during the search. "You can help with logistics...I'll be your helpful assistant to try and pinpoint Hotsuma's location. Will that work?"

At this Trance Demon approached, "Y..Yamichi....Can help Yuna...Locate Hotsuma....Flashes....Memory might get strong...If I closer....Will not....scream.....Promise. Sosuke...Hotsuma....Will be found...."

Hajime flinched. Even if the scream had been in his head instead of out loud, Hajime figured it would be just as loud. He was briefly taken aback by the volume ... but not enough to scold at him. No, he wouldn't dare. Not when he'd been restless and frantic during all of the times Yuna had been in danger. He may not be Hotsuma's biggest fan, but even a fate like vivisection? For all of the times he'd found himself not-so-fond of Hotsuma, regardless of why, Hajime would never try to insist he deserved something like being cut up, let alone while alive. Possibly conscious ... the very thought made him grimace, cringe, and hold his throat.

It may not be the exact same, but he did know how it felt to experience a large amount of pain while still very much awake and not wanting it.

So ... yeah. He wouldn't be unfair and try to say Hotsuma deserved this. Though ... that did make him wish now more so than ever he'd allowed someone to accompany him. He might have been able to get back sooner ... that was the hopeful thought, at least. But then the grim truth was ... it also could have meant if anyone did join him? They also might be as trapped as Hotsuma ... and there would be no guarantees they would be alive.

Hajime would be tugged away from his thoughts as he heard Yamichi ask for assistance in getting to his feet. He gave the tech a reassuring grin as he shook his head.

No need to apologize. Sure ...

And once they were done gathering all of the supplies plus giving Yamichi ample time to recover, they were off and returned to Yuna's place. It took just a bit longer to return, mainly because Hajime had to help balance the right hand man of The Disciples while also assisting Mei in carrying some of the stuff back. But they otherwise returned safely.

Yamichi would be led back to the couch which, thankfully, was empty. Yuna and Shivini had been using the chairs or beds they'd slept on, which allowed for Yamichi to be selfish and use the couch all for himself. As the guys returned, however, both women hurried out of their rooms and rendezvoused with the guys and Mei in the living room.

Shivini gave Yamichi an apologetic look and nodded in agreement with Mei. "Sorry, but ... you really don't look or sound good. I promise though - since I may stay behind to help you out - that Hajime and Yuna will not fail. They will get him back."

"Damn straight," Yuna interjected, nodding firmly. "I owe that baka a smack upside his head for being so stupidly reckless. Just because he's tough ... he knew better to leave like that. And he'd definitely be giving me that chat if I were the baka in his spot. Rightfully so."

Yuna fought off the urge to gulp. Even though this wasn't - supposedly - linked to a Dark Signer, they were still lingering around. The dangers of running into them while trying to get him back were certainly one of the many worries going through her head. But ... she was willing, ready, and very able to try to return the favor and save him. Sure, she technically had by ensuring he got to the hospital ... but this would be a more proper rescue. Also one that didn't happen because of her own direct actions which, hopefully, would begin to repair whatever anger he may still have against her.

The feelings from Hajime ... she hadn't missed them. She wouldn't have even if Divine hadn't forced her to become a Psychic. But for now, until she heard it from Hotsuma that he had no love or affection for her? She didn't want to give up on him. Not unless push really came down to shove.

"Plus," Yuna added as a new thought came to her. She nodded down to the datapad, giving Yamichi a smile, "That'll help us out. You can be our eyes from afar. Make sure we don't get unnecessarily ambushed or anything. Don't you dare think of yourself as being useless though. Far from it. But, somewhat sadly, all of us going? That's not a wise idea. Some of us should remain here ... as a precaution, if absolutely nothing else."

Yuna's gaze shifted to Shivini, "So ... if you truly are okay volunteering, would you be fine keeping him company?"

"Of course. I'm probably not gonna be as great with the gadgets and such, but I can see about helping Mei out."

Yuna rose an eyebrow at the thought. Shivini grinned and crossed her arms over her chest. "Come now. Did you really think only Mei took care of you? Goodness no. Me, Hajime and Eikichi and the others all took turns with the IVs, injections and such. I may not yet be as skilled as Mei, but .... I can still see about helping tend to Yamichi."

Yuna nodded, seeming satisfied with the answer. "Okay then. Very well."

And then ... she heard Trance speak up. Yuna looked back towards Shivini ... then rested her eyes over towards Yamichi. If she hadn't been determined enough before ... it was practically coating her like a brand new aura. "I can kinda understand your reluctance. I mean, shit, I was literally out of commission for ... months? Way too long. Either way, I literally was unable to do a damn thing in my coma. I do get your frustration. But you coming with us when you're not even 100% well? It won't end well. Trust me, Hajime, and even Trance when we all say ... we will not fail."

It may not be what he'd prefer to hear or abide by ... but he'd at least hear that, if absolutely nothing else, she was being deathly serious. Maybe more so than she'd ever been when talking to any of The Disciples.

Back at the hospital in Domino City, Fayth was not sleeping very well. In fact, she was stirring ... having the past near death experiences run through her head in t he form of nightmares. She found herself pinned against the wall by that damned demon. Chest exposed ... as it began to spread her legs.

"NO!"

Her eyes widened from under the blindfold as she sat up with a start, looking quickly around as she tugged the cloth off from around her eyes and activated her pact. Fortunately, the beeping coming in from all the machines was real. She was safe ... for now. Jack, though, was completely unconscious. But, going off his heart monitor? Alive ... which made her head fall back atop the pillow.

"Thank gods," she muttered, shuddering at recalling how he'd sounded when they first arrived ... and even before. Jack had nearly watched Fayth die by drowning ... it seemed to be the same with him almost leaving due to blood loss. To say she was relieved was an understatement.

A new sound that was closer to a phone ringing than any of the medical machines beeping made her head turn. And sure enough, she found it was indeed coming from her duel disk. On the screen read the following words: "Incoming call from: Reiji Akaba". Fayth quickly grabbed the disk, a bit too swiftly as she winced, remembering her shoulder had been stabbed. It was now in a sling, she found.

Unfortunately, Fuyu had been correct. She wasn't ambidextrous. So even though it hurt like a bitch ... she put her disk onto her arm and pushed down on the button, accepting the call.

"Fuy -- "

But as he found himself staring into Fayth's eyes as opposed to the blindfold, a stoic looking Reiji stopped. Even pushed his glasses up against the bridge of his nose as an eyebrow rose. "I'm guessing my own eyes aren't deceiving me?"

"N-no. That's part of the pact I have with Morningstar. It's a temporary thing, an illusion, but enough about that. Were you about to say Fuyu? Where is she?!"

" .... So it is true."

"What's that mean? Reiji .... ??"

Silence. That was the answer she was first given, followed by his head bowing. "I'm very sorry, Fayth."

" .... Don't you dare tell me she's ... "

"I checked up on your disk. I got a signal saying your heart stopped, so I called but didn't get an answer. Now that I've called Fuyu's and you've answered though ..."

"Wait, what?!"

" ... I see. Of course she wouldn't tell you. Yes. You have Fuyu's disk. She must have swapped it and intentionally kept that hidden from you."

Every time it seemed impossible to cry a new set of tears, Fayth found herself proven wrong. Before she could stop them, they began streaming quickly down. Her hands grabbed at her hair ... then yanked one of the pillows behind her head in front .... and used it to suppress her pained cries as she screamed angrily into it.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!"

" ... Fayth, you both knew the risks. You're both Lancers."

"Be that as it may, Reiji, she DIDN'T DIE NATURALLY! She died from ... from that monster! I'd swear he was Sora's long lost brother if I didn't know any better! She died by HIS HANDS and I ... I LET HER! If you'd seen any of the shit that's happened in the past forty-eight hours, you'd ... "

But before she could finish her sentence, her arm started to burn. Courtesy of the sling, it would be at an angle where Reiji could see what was going on; her Mark was activating. She gripped at it, wincing and gritting through her teeth as she let go of the pillow.

"Noooooooooooooooooooo! No, fuck off, go away! I don't want to do this ... "

"You don't have to. That's probably why Fuyu gave you her disk. So you could return."

"But ... I mean, fuck sakes, look at me! I'm in no shape to do so ... nnnngggh!"

Fayth shook and trembled as her head turned, looking back over towards Jack. He was still very much unconscious. Her head shook as she almost considered slapping herself.

Don't be stupid! You can't just up and leave this bed. That's insane, maybe even suicidal!

But at the same time ... they'd made it clear they had zero qualms coming to them, also.

" ... And what do you think you're doing, Fayth? You just said it yourself."

"I know," she whimpered soflty, "But ... for better or worse, I have this mark somehow."

"It's not your home. You have no obligation to --"

"I know. Trust me, I do. But ... Reiji ... if I did just up and leave now .... then what? I'm really supposed to leave Jack and the others one Signer short? And worse off, alive but running away?"

"You're needed here too, Fayth! More so now that we've officially lost Fuyu!"

That caused a smile to appear on Fayth's face. "Thank you. I knew that before you said it, but hearing the reassurance is very nice and appreciated. Still ... you said it yourself. I'm a Lancer, not a coward. And ... aaahhh ... thi-this ... isn't going to stop until .... I deal with this."

Reiji sighed, hearing he wouldn't be able to talk her out of this. His eyebrows furrowed as he crossed his arms over his chest. "If I'm going to turn a - forgive the bad pun - blind eye and allow you to do this ... swear to me. You won't die."

"I swear it. Not just for you nor Jack. I've now got two pricks to get back at, each for their own respective crimes. And since he already killed the only person who would vouch for him to be spared ... I have nothing nor anyone holding me back anymore."

" ... That's not the preferred form of reassurance I would like to hear, but... I'll accept it and hold you to your word. I really am sorry. I truly am. Stay as safe as you possibly can. That's an order." And after he uttered those words? His face vanished from the screen, leaving Fayth alone with a still unconscious Jack. Given he hadn't so much as stirred ... it was fair to assume a combination of pain plus any medications coursing through his veins were helping keep him asleep.

Fayth pushed herself onto her feet, trembling all the while. Any IVs hooked to her were yanked out, causing her to wince and grimace. But compared to the pain going through her arm? That was nothing.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, her face mere inches away from Jack's. "I ... I guess it's my turn."

Her hand gently stroked his cheek ... partly hoping it'd help wake him, and also just in case this was the last time she saw him. Sure, she'd made her own vow ... but the realistic part of her knew there was only so much she could do to keep that promise a reality. "I love you, Jack. I ... intend to come back ... somehow, some way ..."

And with that, she leaned down, giving his lips a light kiss. She purposely began walking away slowly ... clearly hoping he'd wake up. But the efforts were to no avail. With a frown, heavy heart, and massive surge of anger and hate flowing through her ... Fayth grabbed her blindfold and began walking out of her room and through the hallways. Where to? She wasn't completely certain. But her feet seemed to know where to go, so ... she followed her body, moving as if in a trance of some sort.

Last edited:

It was a sobering experience, seeing the former King laid up unconscious. If he could respond he would, try to comfort Fayth as she might awaken from her nightmare. But given the nature of his energies and using his body to try and shield hers from harm. If anything would awaken someone to the true gravity of the dangers of the Dark Signers, it was his body laying there. The steady beeps of the monitors the only signs of his life being intact.

Even as Reiji and Fayth might argue, he would stay silent and asleep. He had to be sedated; the scans had showed massive concussions from the injuries of his abrupt entry into Neo Domino Mass General, along with the injuries from the actual Dark Signers themselves. He wouldn't think himself invincible if he were awake....But he wouldn't want to stay here either, wanting to keep Fayth from endangering herself.

But alas, one thing they shared in common was how stubborn they were. And as such, he would remain unconscious as she might leave....To face her destiny, the one forced upon her by this 'Crimson Dragon'.

*-====================================================================================================================-*

Rutger, all this time, had been standing by his own tower. He could feel the pulses of the Giant and the Lizard Towers spreading across the land. Life being stolen to feed the appetite of the Gods Even if a couple had fallen, once the ritual was complete, they would be returned, the mass offering of Life bringing the Underworld to the surface. And the age of the Gods would begin, breaking them of their shackles and allowing each to claim Dominion over a piece of this world.

His face masked by the hood of his robe, he felt his own Death Mark begin to glow and burn; ah, so his opponent drew near did she? Well then....It was time to begin. He gazed upon the Spider Tower, his violet-silver hues staring intently.

"You have doubts of Ignacious' scheme..." he would hear Uru say, Rutger replying "I do...But his aid has brought us victory. Though I dread the cost; Demons are not so easily swayed." Uru laughed in his mind, "It is why we work with him; his cunning allowed him to carve an Empire so vast it stretches beneath the entirety of the Abyss. He has killed and slaughtered to power; any who is born of Demon blood ultimately swears their allegiance to him, whether they want to or not. Even Apu dares not challenge him directly...But even with our numbers reduced, if he does try anything we will crush him."

Rutger's eyes narrowed, but seemed glad Uru was at least aware of a potential backstab.

"They are here..."

Indeed, Rutger felt the energy of the Signer approach, and turned to see someone he did not expect. "Miss Belorse....No, Miss Milner. " Rutger would say, noting the Mark upon her flesh. "I see my little pets have helped you find your way here." he would say, noting how the plethora of spiderlings seemed to skitter away from her now that she had arrived. A hand came to his chin as he examined her with some interesting, "How very interesting; you bear one of their Marks but yet none of our Gods remember one wielding yours. Perhaps the Crimson Dragon is so desperate it chose you to try and bolster it ranks."

He then brought up his Duel Disk, loading his Deck into the slot before lowering his hood. "But be thankful it is I you fight and not Kiryu. We will have an honorable Duel...Though if I am being honest, I am sure I will earn his ire if I defeat you before he does." Giving a slight smirk, he then finished with, "But it matters not. I hope you consider this is nothing personal, young lady. I am merely playing my role in this grandiose stage, as are you."

His Disk then activated in full, his arm rising as red-pinkish flames rose up, tracing a sigil of the Spider and the Tower activating in full, making both their Marks burn fiercely. "Let the curtain rise on this display! For the Gods, I will achieve victory!"

Taking a quick look at his hand, he then went first, "My turn! Draw!"

Taking a card from his hand, he then said, "I activate the Permanent Magic, Spider's Lair!" At this, the ground around them broke and shattered, thick sticky threads springing up around them as the battlefield shifted. And as if to add more creepiness, thousands of spiders emerged, seeming to stare at both the combatants, their abdomens glowing orange all around them, casting a sinister ambiance on their fields.

"I will then Set a monster. Turn end." he would say. He had no idea about who she was...And despite feeling Uru's insistence, he had to play this cautiously. They had lost in the past because they were too rash...But with the new gifts from the Emperor and being smart about taking down the Signers...They would prevail.

Every now and again, Fayth would look behind her ... praying like mad something - anything - would help wake Jack up. But no. The sedatives had been far too strong, it seemed. She punched the wall of the hospital in frustration, hating knowing that she was technically doing the right thing despite not wanting to go through it. And once she exited the hospital? Fayth would pull the same Teleportation card Fuyu had given her out ... and used it to leave the Tops completely, returning to the Satellite in a bright flash of light.

"Fuck!" Fayth hissed, grimacing as one of the first things she would see were spiders. A lot of them, too. She wasn't necessarily arachnophobic, per se; however, she was cautious of them. It was more the aspect of them being venomous that made her uneasy. Her body tensed as she stepped back when they moved forward.

They're fine.

You're sure?

Of course. I wouldn't allow you to die from something petty like poison. Now ... put your blindfold back on.

... Huh? But why?

Think of it as preserving energy. If push comes to shove ... I may need to use one last trick.

A very confused look appeared on Fayth's face. She had vague ideas of what Morningstar meant ... but not enough to draw a proper conclusion. Still ... for all the pain he'd inflicted upon her, he at least seemed earnest enough that when it came to moments like this? He proved himself honest enough, if absolutely nothing else. So ... even though she was still very much uncertain about what he had in mind, she wrapped the cloth back around her eyes, allowing the darkness to consume her once more.

An invisible hand plus the spiders helped guide her forward. Fortunately ... the voice that she would soon hear revealed she had not come across Kiryu. However, as he brought said male up ... Fayth merely scoffed and grimaced.

"I don't have intentions of dying from either of you," she defiantly replied, ignoring the pain that had been surging from her arm. Partly from using it even though it was trying to heal, another chunk simply from the Mark activating. Her head shook sadly as this Rutger mused on why she had her own Mark... and now, more so than ever, some part of her wondered if it was worth looking into her old self. If she should see about finding out whom she had been in this dimension. Had the old her been a Signer and simply transferred to this body? Was there something else?

Whatever the case, it was feeling like it needed to be investigated.

"In-fucking-deed," she muttered, not bothering to hide her disdain about also being forced to play her own role in this very twisted duel. Taking note of the fact he went first, Fayth began examining her hand.

Hmmmm ...

Keeping the mental image of Rutger's field in mind, a grimace appeared. He had already set things up to make this a rather challenging duel. Not that she expected any less, but ... still. Some part of her had hoped she could have had more time, particularly given her own hand wasn't exactly the best. Granted, it wasn't the worst either ... but usually she could get a Hecatrice or Valhalla in the first hand.

Ah well. She did at least have things she could work with. "Draw!" Fayth declared, nodding after going over her hand. "I'll set two cards face down, then summon Darklord Ukoback. I'll activate Ukoback's effect and send Darklord Edeh Arae to the graveyard. Now that an angel is in the graveyard, it allows me to activate Solidarity."

Spider's Lair made it impossible for her to attack ... but she could at least begin setting something up. Besides ... it wasn't like she couldn't shift her monsters to attack, thankfully. They just were forced to defense after being summoned. Annoying for sure ... but it was more tolerable than other cards he could have played.

"For now, that ends my turn."

Last edited:

"Lucifer Morningstar..."

Came the voice of Uru, the spider deity seeming pleased to meet this one, the god's powerful voice echoing across both their minds. "Ignacious promised a fine reward to the one that destroys you. To think you would meddle with a human...How very interesting. I was not sure if Apu or Ccaryahua had mistaken your identity those many months ago....But yet here you are."

Rutger raised a brow; true, Kiryu and Misty both had noted that Fayth had a powerful spirit residing within her. But if this was the same Morningstar he thought of? This seemed to put Rutger on the defensive. If this was something that even made Uru pause? Then he had to be extremely careful.

"You are right to be cautious, my vessel; Lucifer's cunning rivals even that of Ignacious. Take caution during this battle; he will try to guide her through your tactics. But stay true to your strategy, and you will doubtless prevail." Uru would say, seeming to be at least respectful of Morningstar's capacity for the Fallen's intellect, and by consequence the Emperor too.

As Fayth would take her turn, sending Edeh Arae to the Cemetery, Rutger's mind raced with possibilities. He had been briefed on the Fallen and their tactics, using the illusion of death and redirection to strike their opponents hard. He would make sure his strategy would not falter...It could not.

"My turn! I draw!"

Taking his card, a slight grimace crossed his face, but he would make this work. Even if this wasn't ideal, he would put his faith in his cards to bring him victory. No matter how long it took.

"I Flip Summon Ground Spider!"

Doing so, Fayth would be greeted with the image of a rather large arachnid....But it had zero Attack Points? Why would he open himself up this way, one might ask? But it seemed he had an idea of a play in mind when he played his next card, "I activate the Magic Card, Earthquake! All monsters are changed to Defense Position!" With that, her Ukoback and his Ground Spider were now huddled over in Defense Position, their forms blue. "I then activate the Magic Card, Lucky Mallet! I choose to shuffle both remaining cards into my hand and draw two more!" Doing so, his Deck would whir as the cards were randomized, and then he picked up two from the top of his Deck.

"I then activate the Permanent Magic, Stumbling! With this card, any monster that is Summoned will be automatically changed to Defense Position." he would explain, adding "And even if you do destroy this card, Ground Spider can also change any monster you Summon into Defense Position as well." He would then say, "I then use Spider Lair's effect, targeting Ground Spider! Now if any of your monsters battle with it, they will be imprisoned for all time in Defense Position!"

A series of sticky webs then appeared on Ground Spider's form, likely snare traps to entangle any monster that might dare strike against it. "And with that, I end my turn."

A chuckle would echo as Uru addressed the Fallen Angel. Fayth rose an eyebrow as she even tilted her head up. He hadn't manifested behind her or anything. She knew he couldn't do that much. Still, to hear him react in any form or fashion was ... interesting. But as he began to explain why ... it made enough sense.

I suppose the cat is out of the bag, finally. The one named Kiryu was far too hasty to try to pinpoint who exactly I was. It feels a bit nice to be identified without you having to spell it out, girl. So ... while I'm by no means any 'friend' of Uru's, I'll give credit where it's due. I've never attempted to hide, so to speak. No one has just been able to do so.

Fayth's eyebrow remained quirked ... but eventually she smirked and shook her head. "You always did have an odd sense of humor. Fair enough."

Besides ... she couldn't deny that it was kind of nice to have to skip the explaining part to other people. It was also a small bit unnerving. Rutger was definitely not as merciful nor kind as Judai. So knowing he had this knowledge now? It definitely made her equally anxious as well as relieved.

The partial frown would become a full one as Rutger took his turn. No one willingly made such a risky move like showing they had a zero attack monster ... not without having a plan, at least. And sure enough, he went on to play more cards and exposed what he was going for. Fayth's teeth latched onto her lower lip as she repeated Rutger's warnings several times before drawing the top card off her deck.

This time, when Morningstar spoke, he'd keep the talk between himself and Fayth, refusing to allow Uru to hear what they were discussing.

Oi, girl. I didn't choose you on a whim. Where's that resolve you had not long ago about refusing to die?

But ... everything I'd usually have ... it's not yet in my hand?

You do realize what is though, right? I am. Literally so. I've had all the chances in the world to leave you in the past. No matter how this goes, I'll make you sure you leave this fray alive.

... What's that mean? If I die, I can't ...

Were he standing behind her, he'd smack her upside the head while wearing the most smug grin on his face. Instead, he simply chuckled in her head again.

Then you answered your own question, did you not? Now ... focus. It is your turn.

Indeed, Fayth had been ready to quip with him insisting he heeded the rules of Death. It was one of the few things he, supposedly, didn't normally rebel against - or so he'd said when they first met. Then again ... that was before the Dark Signers arrived, too. Would he really make that type of exception? Could he, even? Her head bowed as a slight shiver went through her spine.

Even if he could ... it would also mean that, should she lose and use that extra chance up, the next time she lost? There would be no extra lives. She let out a deep breath, shook her head, and forced herself to concentrate on the duel more so than what may or may not end up happening, particularly should she lose.

"I summon Counselor Lily and end my turn."

Good girl. Now ... summon me next turn. I can help you begin working away at his life points. I will also be immune to those nasty effects once you get Edeh Arae back to the field. Just stay calm and you can win this.

Fayth nodded, tucking and acknowledging the angel's words away. A ghost of a genuine smile appeared as she swore the sensation of a hand rubbing along her back registered. No, he wasn't Jack ... but he was on her side, and frankly? That was more than enough to help keep her sane, even knowing fully well how high the stakes of this fight were. As long as she had someone with her as opposed to against her ... he was right. She could do this. She had to. She'd made her own promise to both Jack and Reiji after all, and she'd literally be damned before breaking that vow.

"Oh, you are friends with few, Lucifer, least of all with us. Ignacious has despised you for some time...Though apparently he despises all Fallen. What you did in particular he did not disclose, but it must have been something horrendous for one such as him to possess such a genuine fury towards you." Uru would reply calmly; indeed, this was rather odd. Two powerful mystical beings having a casual talk about their pasts...And who they both seemed to know.

There would be a time for talking later, however...Even if Rutger was growing more curious. He did not know much about the Genesis Demon other than what the Gods told him, and there was equally little information on Lucifer himself.

"Do not concern yourself, Rutger. It is more amusing to me that he would choose a vessel at this moment; he is not known for playing nice with others. Even among his Fallen brethren. All you need to do is tackle this patiently, and we will outmaneuver this deceiver." Uru would say to his vessel, their conversation likewise sealed from Morningstar's ears, Rutger's eyes continuing to watch Fayth as she made her move.

"At this time, Stumbling's effect activates! Lily is forced into Defense Position!" Rutger would say as the angel appeared, webs appearing up from the ground and though she might struggle, she was soon brought to her knees as the strong threads bound her. She was a Tuner monster as well; no doubt she was planning to use the fact that no one could easily attack while these cards were in play to build her field for a Synchro Summon.

He wouldn't let her gain an advantage.

"Now...Take your turn, my vessel. Use the monster in your hand to seal her tactics."

After Uru might make his statement, Rutger declared, "My turn! I draw!" He took a look at his hand; nothing he could use quite yet, but indeed, the sole monster in he did have would be very much a viable tool. "I Summon Informer Spider to my field!" he would say, the tiny tactical gear-wearing arachnid appearing. "At this time, Stumbling too shall force it into Defense Position!" The same webs that bound Lily soon ensnared his Spider too, forcing it to curl up.

"Using Spider Lair's effect, I now target Informer Spider!" The same series of snare-like webs now coated Ground as well as Informer Spider, both monsters literally now traps for whichever dared try to kill them. "I end my turn with that..." Rutger said, waiting to see if she might try to destroy them some other way.

Uru would feel Lucifer taking a bow, seeming to enjoy the praise despite being talked about in a negative manner. Whether eh was being sincere or serious was anyone's guess, but the words from Uru definitely weren't bothering him in the slightest. No, right now - more than anything else - he was proverbially and somewhat literally looking at the board. Taking note of how the duel was playing out so he could have a plan regardless of the outcome ... but it would be especially necessary should Fayth lose.

Of course, he wasn't hoping for such an outcome. Far from it. However ... due to all the times he'd been around her, he picked up on certain traits. And one came in the form of her carelessness. Granted, that wasn't all her doing. She hadn't been born blind, after all. Even still, there were times when she didn't think long or hard enough about her actions or words.

Perfect! Now ... remember what we discussed, yes?

As Fayth's fingertips gripped the card she just drew, however, he clicked his tongue.

No! That's not the right move to make!

Why not?!

Damnit, just trust me, girl!

But the more she thought on it ... the less sense it made. It'd clear his field ... well, as far as his monsters went. Sure, she still had the spells and traps to handle. But at least half of the other concerns would be gone. "I activate Raigeki!"

"Informer Spider's effect activates! When it leaves the field, I can take control of one of your face-up monsters! Come over here, Counselor Lily!"

"NO! YOU BASTARD! LET HER GO!"

Morningstar, meanwhile, clicked his tongue and shook his head.

So ... what did we learn, hmm?

Fayth wordlessly bowed her head, shivers trailing through her body. Morningstar sighed at the sight.

Lift your damn head up. Don't you dare look or act pathetic like that. I know this day hasn't exactly been going very well, but dear God, have some pride if absolutely nothing else. Now ... deep breath. I may not be able to manipulate the outcome of this duel ... but I will still keep my word to you. You won't be completely alone throughout this fray. Now ... relax. Breathe. You may still have chances to turn this around, after all.

I'm sorry .. you're right. I ... I will. I'll calm down.

Her eyelids closed behind the cloth as she heeded his words ... and first took a long, deep breath. Could she shift Ukoback and destroy Counselor Lily? Technically, yes. But .... it didn't feel like the right move to make. Unfortunately ... there were no other things she could do, not for this turn. So ... she nodded and gripped onto her lower lip before declaring, " .... Turn end. I'm sorry, Lily."

Hang in there, Lily. I'll make up for that somehow.

For Rua, it likely felt as if they'd been walking for an eternity. Fortunately, that wasn't the truth. It was just how the Spirit World worked. Time went by at a much different rate. With all of that said and done though ... even Judai couldn't help but wonder what was going on back in their dimension. By now, at least a few days had likely passed. Was Ruka safe? Were any of the Signers well for that matter? Was there some miracle that nothing had happened yet?

These were answers that, unfortunately, he wouldn't know until he finished up here. Which - hopefully - would be sooner than later.

"We ... close to arriving there yet, Regulus?"

He'd kept himself silent for most of the walk, not wanting to come off as too impatient. But he did at least want to be in the loop. And while he'd attempted to keep his eyes open and see if anything looked familiar .. this part of the Spirit Realm wasn't looking like an area he recalled. So ... he was relying primarily on the lion to guide them to the right spot.

Rutger had a feeling with two monsters in Defense Position, both of which would seal them from attacking for the rest of the Duel if she dared to battle against, only the removal via a Magic or Trap card, or even a monster effect, would be the best way to get them off the field. Anything else would just cripple her already stagnant field.

And then it came: The Magic Card, Thunder Bolt. Good! That would be one less weapon in her arsenal to use against him. "Informer Spider's effect activates! When it leaves the field, I can take control of one of your face-up monsters! Come over here, Counselor Lily!" And with that, despite Fayth's protests, the small spider returned from the Cemetery, spitting a highly viscous fluid at Lily, who screamed as she was dragged to Rutger's side of the field by it, the threads still binding her to be Defense Position.

"Well played. Patience shall be your key to beating Morningstar...And if he has to console his own vessel, that will give them less time to strategize. Take your moments when you can...And strike hard." Uru would say, once again blocking Morningstar from listening in. But with Fayth's Tuner monster now in his possession? That would make her have to think of a new way to bring out her troublesome Synchros.

"My turn...I draw!"

He would pull one last card from his Deck, giving a hard grimace as he said, "Let us continue this battle, young lady. The Marks on our arms have foretold that one of us must die, and you have my condolences, because it will not be me. Not if I have anything to say about!"

Jack meanwhile...Continue to sleep as the pain medication help his body healed. But when he did awaken? It was slow, his violet eyes slowly blinking open as he tried to recall what happened. "Ugh...Fayth....Are you alright?" he would say, hoping she was right next to him. But when he woke up, he saw her nowhere....Maybe she was put in a different room. He wasn't sure...

So when the nurse returned? He was quick to ask. "There was a woman who was here with me....Celeste Belrose?" The nurse seemed puzzled, "Mr. Atlas? You should be resting....As for Miss Belrose, we do not know. Sector has been advised that she has left the hospital per Assistant Director Yeager's orders." Jack raised a brow, a feeling of concern in his gut that was growing. And with this, Jack started to undo the IVs, the nurse trying to stop, "Mr. Atlas?! You mustn't! Your injuries are still healing!" But Jack was still insistent, gently pushing her back, "She's in danger! Now if you'll excuse me!" Sliding his ruined coat back on, he hobbled out of the hospital; if Yeager was in charge, then where was Goodwin?

However, as soon as he came out, he heard a message....Something in his head.

"Jack...Listen. I...I lost....They took Morningstar! I...fuck...I don't know where I am! Shit.......But....Just stay safe alright? I'll find a way out...I always do...."

Jack grimaced; shit, even Morningstar wasn't enough? That was it...He hailed a cab and told him where to take him; he was going to get that clown-faced Yeager to get him a chopper to the Satellite. There were still Dark Signers to deal with after all.

Rua was definitely tired...But this was no time to be dallying about. They had to get Ancient Fairy Dragon free even if it meant suffering some exhaustion. They had pushed on for days now, eager to try and get the dragon free...Before Zeman could achieve his objective, however nebulous it might be.

As Judai might ask the lion if they were getting closer, he would reply, "Yes...We are almost there. I apologize that we have moved so much in such a little time frame, but I cannot let Ancient Fairy Dragon fall into Zeman's clutches. Her power grows weaker each day." He seemed despondent, even if only a little...But Rua would then say, "Don't worry, Regulus...we'll get her free. No matter what happens okay?"

And sure enough, they would come across a massive palace of stone and iron. "This is it...I can feel his energies...Zeman is definitely inside." Regulus snarled, his hackles rising as a rage coursed through him. "Regulus...Please be easy. We need to be smart....Look, there are guards all over the fortress." Torunka said, trying to gently pat Regulus' head to help calm him down. And sure enough, those same ape troops they found mauled by Regulus patrolled the Fortress in heavy numbers.

"Well...Anyone got any ideas?" Rua asked; honestly he wasn't sure what was in there. But they had to get in there somehow without trippig an alarm. Doing otherwise would just be suicide.

Last edited:

This was it, wasn't it? Even though the duel was far from over, she could feel it. Sense it. She was going to die. Not at all intentionally, but she was going to break her promise to everyone. The one - and very likely only - male she'd finally found herself genuinely in love with ... she'd be torn away from him. Tears slid out from under the blindfold, fueled by both fear and pain from using her arm constantly to hold the disk up, not getting much of a reprieve as it continued to ache while the duel went on.

Her head moved frantically from side to side as Rutger spoke. "I don't want to die either. I didn't even want this to start with .... "

Sheer willpower was the only thing keeping her standing .... that and knowing if Morningstar truly was going to figure a way to help her out, then she'd have to stay on a vertical base. She could collapse ... whenever she got away. However that may or ... no, she couldn't think about it failing. It had to work. It just had to. A wince mingled in with a whimper as she listened to Rutger take his next turn ....

Judai nodded, giving Regulus a small smile. Honestly, the apology hadn't been needed, but it certainly was appreciated. Finally ... after taking so many steps, they stopped. Sure enough, in the distance, there it was. The fortress they'd been looking for. Just in case anyone wanted any more proof? All of the numerous monkey guards solidified they were definitely in the very correct location.

Judai stared long and hard. Sneaking wasn't his typical preference as far as plans went ... and honestly? It'd be borderline suicidal. Definitely risky as hell. Because if any of them got found? That was it. There would be no saving Ancient Fairy Dragon, end of story. They were all wanted, and ....

Hmmmm .....

... I don't like the sound of that, boy. You sound like you're coming up with something incredibly stupid.

A wry smirk appeared on his face as he heard Yubel finally speak up. "It is," he muttered softly. "I won't even pretend otherwise, but ... it may be crazy enough to work."

Nodding at the thought going through his head, he gave Rua a reassuring pat on his shoulder. "Back when we saved Regulus, you were brave and bold enough to volunteer to be bait even though I was ready. Allow me to cash in on that here and now. They at least did say they need me alive long enough to separate me and Yubel and, trust me, that's gonna take a hel -- heck of a while to complete. It'll definitely buy you more than enough time if you just make sure to act like you're one of them."

Are you insane?!

Judai merely shrugged. "I mean ... you got any other better ideas?"

Tch ...

Fayth's hands were firmly pressed against ... a wall? She was confident enough that's what it was. The Teleportation card ... man, what a God send that had been. It was what aided her in leaving the site of the duel. And with the smells being very different, Fayth at least knew for certain she was not underground. That was given away courtesy of the spiders leading her away plus her own keen senses. No, this ... was in the city. In the Satellite ... or had she gone back to the Tops somehow?

She didn't know and now that Morningstar was gone? She had no way of checking anymore.

"Please come back," she pleaded, lifting the cloth high up enough that she could quickly lower it if she heard anyone else coming. "Please. Don't leave me like this!"

Her head turned quickly from side to side. She wasn't hearing anything .. not yet. But paranoia was creating worst case scenarios to play through her head, and right now, there was the very real possibility that the other Dark Signers knew she was alive. That she'd cheated Death despite not supposed to being able to do so. And given all the powers they had?

Oh yes. She was terrified of them catching up to her before Jack did. She'd already mentally contacted him ... but she had no idea how fast he would be. Hell, would he even be able to move at all? It was his leg that Kiryu wrecked, after all, so ...

That sent a new set of shivers through her. Her arms held herself tightly, clinging the hospital gown against her flesh tightly. That wasn't helping, either. She was not only alone, but in quite the vulnerable outfit. Barely one at all ... which only made any fears linked to Kiryu that much more worse in her mind.

"Talk to me, please!" she hissed, more tears streaming quickly down her face. She knew the truth ... she just didn't want to accept it. Fayth felt horrible enough knowing she'd allowed Fuyu to die to save her and Jack. Now Yusei and Morningstar both were also? Well ... the reality was making everything continue to get worse with each passing second.

A shocked gasp elicited as her head turned around once again. She'd sworn that this time, her head wasn't completely playing tricks. But to be fair, even if it were? It was for the best .... Fayth had to keep moving.

Even though it was sore and throbbing, she kept her right arm placed against the wall, hastily stood back up, and resumed moving. "Jack ... please ... please find me. I'm sorry. I know I was stupid, but please .... "

And ... she stopped in mid-step. She'd definitely felt something. What exactly it was? Fayth wasn't sure.

But Jack could literally see what it was. Much like the red thread Carly had used - but very different in its own rights - they were linked again. And he was being blessed to see the answer as to where exactly Fayth was ... giving him quite the edge to beat any of the Dark Signers from finding Fayth first, lest they give her a much more dire fate should they get their way.

Jack had arrived at the Director's Facility, running through the Security checkpoint. "Mister Atlas, now is not a good time..." one officer tried to say, but just got shoved out of the way. He was on a mission, and no matter who was in charge, he was getting back there!

"Agh....Why did the Director have to leave me like this?! I don't know what I'm doing!" Yeager would be seen worrying, pacing back and forth as he tried to think; there had to be something he could do. Sure, Goodwin had left contingencies, but how was he supposed to use them?! And those towers in the Satellite were easily visible! It was bad enough he was trying to enforce a lockdown in a city that once prided itself on freedom of exploration and movement. But now?

"GOODWIN!"

Yeager at the sudden bellow, turning and seeing an angry and bloodied Jack limping out of the elevator. "Yeager...Where is he?" Jack asked, his breath heavy from the overexertion. "I don't know! He just up and left! Said he had something urgent that needed his attention! I still haven't seen hide nor hair of him!" Jack snarled, "Well then, you're my next best shot! I need a helicopter...Fayth and the others, they're in danger!"

Yeager gulped, "Y-Yes...I figured with those towers alight, it wasn't going so well...Three now." Jack looked out the window and saw indeed. A Tower each in red, green and blue light, pulsing strongly and audibly even from her. And against the overcast skies, it posed an ominous warning. "Damn it...Just means I need to get back there quickly. Call it in, Yeager."

Yeager just gulped, "B..But Jack, you're clearly hurt! And it will take some time to get ready regardless..." At this Jack then turned around and hobbled to Yeager, gripping him by his collar as the carnie-esque man gave a yelp of surprise, "I'm not abandoning my friends...Do what you have to, but I want back in the Satellite!"

"This will certainly not be easy...."

Torunka mused as he surveyed the entrance; there were so many. How in the world were they going to sneak in? Little did Torunka or Rua or even Regulus know, however, that Judai was cooking up a scheme in that laid-back brain of his. Something that his enemies often underestimated despite his usual levelheadedness and eagerness for Dueling.

All of them focused on him, however, as he laid out the idea he had come up with. And indeed, if it was what he was currently? It was beyond idiotic! He might as well just tie himself up and say, 'Here, Zeman! Have all of me!'

"Lad, you realize how risky this is? Zeman will employ every tactic he has to tear Yubel from you if he catches you." Regulus would say, Rua also chiming, "Yeah, you heard them! They'll try to kill you if they see you!"

"Unfortunately...I think young Judai here has a point..."

Torunka would say, making both Regulus and Rua both stare at him. "Rua, you weren't here long enough to understand everything that's going on. And Regulus, you were under that Cursed Needle's affliction for a while...But Zeman has made the destruction of any Signers and those who help them a top priority. As much as I do not wish to see anyone throw themselves in harm's way...I'm afraid the situation currently leaves us with little options for playing it safe. With Oberon's fortress now under Zeman's control, who knows what he might accomplish."

Rua wasn't wholly convinced, but Regulus would say, "You've certainly picked a brash vessel, Yubel...Though I admit I am impressed by the bravery of humanity...Well, some of its members anyway." Naturally referring to Ruka, Rua and Judai. Rua's hands clenched, his voice in a protestful whine as he said, "But what if they see through the ruse? Then Judai-nee would be risking himself for nothing!"

Jack meanwhile, had been flying for sometime....But then as soon as they neared the Satellite, he heard it.

"Jack ... please ... please find me. I'm sorry. I know I was stupid, but please .... "

Jack gasped as he saw something....It was a flash...Brief but clear as crystal and then it came again. He recognized the landmark, a vision of the Satellite. He would go to the pilot, "Turn left and head that way! There's a courtyard you can drop me off at!" The pilot acknowledged his response, veering the bird to the appropriate heading. And soon enough, Jack would land, disembarking and hobbling off. The pilots then took off....Now Jack was on his own again until he found Fayth.

Following what she was 'seeing', he was getting closer to the landmarks he had witnessed. And this time their connection was stronger; now the link was continuous. She was hiding in an alleyway....But he couldn't make out exactly where.

"Fayth?!" he would call out, wincing as pain raced down his leg. His knee was stabilized but hardly in the best of shape. "Fayth, I'm here! It's just me!"

"Oh, I know. Trust me, I do understand that perfectly. However ... that's our secret. And Yubel's already selective enough on who she speaks with. No damned way she'd speak with enemies about the mere possibility of attempting to undo our bond, but honestly?" Judai shrugged as he added, "As far as we know and arranged for, that's not even going to happen. Period paragraph. What we did is pretty damn permanent, so frankly, if anyone can find a way ... good for them, but neither of us are gonna let that happen. At any rate, you're just bringing up exactly why I'm suggesting it."

"They'll need to figure it out. I'm like a complex puzzle, which at least spares me from immediate death. The rest of you, though? That wouldn't be a guarantee ... not if you came forth as you were. Acting 'normal' and wanting to go against Zeman, that is."

As Rua gave his two cents, Judai grinned and patted his back gently. "If you can help your sister out and ensure the Signers get a win? Then frankly ... it won't be for nothing."

He left it at that for now, not wanting to go into full details until it became completely necessary. But even though they had been in the Spirit World for a few days, it hadn't escaped Judai that whenever this war did begin? Sacrifices would be made. He was hoping it was going well enough ... and that Ruka could find a way to pull through whenever she would have to take her turn with facing her opponent. Ultimately though, in the grand scheme of things? Judai was an ally at best, one simply at the wrong place in the very worst possible time.

If he had to risk death? Well ... this was a good way to go. He wouldn't have too many regrets, and most revolved around how he left his other comrades. But maybe ... that would be his Karma should his demise be met in this dimension.

Either way, his resolve remained unwavered to everyone else, and it was clear he had zero intentions of changing his mind.

"That said ... if anyone can offer any other plans, feel free to suggest it. But save sneaking around, getting caught then killed or captured, nothing else really came to my head."

She hadn't been able to pinpoint what she'd sensed earlier, nor had Fayth figured out where she was, if she was even truly safe, nothing. It was almost ironic in its own rights. There were certainly moments where Morningstar residing in her head had made her miffed and annoyed. But right at that moment? She'd give anything to hear from him, whether it was to be reassured, to help discern which thoughts were fueled by paranoia and which she truly needed to fret about ... among many other things.

But now .... she was truly lost and alone, thrust back into the same darkness Sora had first forced her to go into. The first few weeks of being coerced into such a state were horrifying as hell, and it was why her friendships with Reiji and Fuyu had been so important to her.

And now ... she's dead because of you. You couldn't even avenge her ...

She slumped to her knees, sobbing as shaky hands covered her blindfolded face.

"Fayth?! Fayth, I'm here! It's just me!"

... But was it really him? Were it not for the trick that one female Dark Signer had used, Fayth would have immediately jumped up and ran towards the voice. Who was to say she was only restricted to female forms, or even that she couldn't sound convincing as a male despite not actually being one? Nothing yet. And that was what made Fayth hesitate to do anything, least of all move.

Her hands slowly moved ... and found something that could help her out in case this went as badly as part of her was afraid of. A shard of broken glass ... likely from a bottle, and one she'd barely missed given how close it had been to her foot. Slowly, she pushed herself up with her good arm and followed the voice, remembering the direction it'd come from.

"Is it really?" she spoke out loud, her voice barely above a whisper. "I'd feel better if I had my pact still. I'm sorry, but .... I need to make sure, so .... this is something only the real Jack know. What ... " She gulped, forcing the words to leave her mouth as Fayth finished her question, "What ... demon did Kiryu use to keep me against the wall?"

And when she heard the right answer, whatever she had felt earlier? It snapped, seeming to disappear and vanish, as if silently confirming the link it had done its job and she was indeed talking to the real Jack Atlas. Fayth swiftly tossed the glass behind her and shakily held Jack. "I'm so sorry. I ... Reiji woke me .... confirmed ... she didn't make it. I let her die. I should have done more. Now, he's killed Yusei and Fuyu, and ... how the fuck are we supposed to turn this around in our favor?! They have almost half the towers activated now, don't they? And one of those is because of my incompetence .... "

Fayth's head buried into Jack's chest, shudders and tremors surging rapidly through her body. Her head bowed ... and finally, while she had the courage to confess this next though, she allowed Jack to hear it. "I'm not gonna lie ... the offer to go back is sounding more and more tempting. I know that'd be horrible and a bit cowardly ... but part of me wants to just get us out ... regardless of what may or may not happen. Just ... seriously ... what if we can't ... ??"

Her head shook frantically, remaining against Jack's shirt.

"I'm already gone in this universe, Morningstar took my place .... if I lose again, that's it. I don't want this .... I never wanted to be in this war. I doubt you did too, so ... "

No one of course but Judai would know the full details of his and Yubel's bonding, but there was little reason to argue; Yubel by herself was an incredibly powerful spirit, and if her vessel knew their bond to be very much permanent? Then it likely was.

Even so, Regulus and Torunka knew for sure that this wouldn't stop Zeman from trying to separate them. Just after he might finish and ask his question, a powerful rumble shook the immediate area. All of the monkey guards outside the palace seemed to fall down at least a little most able to catch themselves, but a few either landed on their armored heads or on their backsides, earning the mockery of their comrades in the process. Rua and Regulus too, even Torunka, had trouble keeping their footing.

Everyone was silent...But then Rua came up and grabbed Judai's shirt hem, saying "Judai-nee.....No matter what happens...Just don't let him..." He couldn't even finish the sentence, the thought of losing someone he had gotten close to.

"I'm sure we won't let it come to that; once Ancient Fairy Dragon is free, we can see about getting the Forest back under control."

At this Regulus said to Judai, "Well.....We best do what we need to. Yubel....Whatever happens, you keep that boy safe." It seemed the Acolyte was wrong in this situation; Yubel might be something of a Demon, but seeing her with Judai was enough to put their uneasiness aside.

"Now....We'll wait for you to get the entrance cleared...Then we'll get in and try to free Ancient Fairy Dragon." Torunka would say, Rua saying "Just be careful, Judai-nee....We need to get us all out of here."

Jack had searched the area, but he was having trouble seeing where Fayth was; where was she? He could feel her, their sense of shared vision so much closer and sharper. She had to be close right?!

But then he heard her voice, seeing her hiding from a nearby alley; her voice sounded terrified. And given what she told him? He didn't blame, nor did he blame her for trying to verify his identity. Especially since she had told him of Misty's ability for camouflage.

Even though it sickened him to recall it, he did remember....That bastard Kiryu would pay!

"It was....Infernity Destroyer...." he would say, feeling his stomach roll just remembering the name and identity of the beast. And with him answering correctly, they would rush towards each other, embracing each other. "Fayth....I might not know Fuyu, but I could tell she was ready to make that sacrifice. She knew what she was doing." Jack would say, trying to keep Fayth composed.

Maybe this might not be the best time....But as she started to express doubts? Fayth would feel his hands squeeze. Not hard, but enough to where she would feel it. Indeed he didn't want this war; who in their right mind would? But now this was personal. Yusei and Jack might have had their differences...But he was his friend. And Fayth's. And to hear her wanting to actually run?

*SMACK*

Jack's hand clapped Fayth's cheek; it wasn't a particularly hard slap, but it would be hard enough to sting. He usually made it a point not to strike women, but hearing this?! His teeth grit, his eyes seeping tears as he shook. "Fayth....You're stronger than this! Fuyu and Yusei didn't give their lives just for us to run!" His teeth grit. "We might not have wanted this war, but this is our fight now! If we run, the Dark Signers win! You know this as well as I do! You think if we just disappear they'll stop?!"

A muted sob soon passed through his lips, his eyes locked onto hers. "I know...You're scared. I am too...But Kiryu...Misty...All of them. We have to fight them, Fayth. Even if it means we might not make it."

Judai grinned a bit as the ground shook. Well ... if he'd needed anymore ideas to help out with his plan, there it was. This was an unexpected addition, and definitely not at all something he'd actually planned. But ... he could still very much use it. "Things won't get that horrible. If anything, they're falling into place," he reassured Rua. And then, just in case any of the others wanted a boost of confidence?

Yubel would speak up ... remaining civil all the while.

Hmph, of course. The boy may be a bit of an idiot, but he's my idiot. I have zero intentions of letting him die, let alone by monkeys of all things.

Judai chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. "Your idiot, huh? That's a bit of a new one, but ... we can talk it over later. For now ... "

He turned and gave Rua, Torunka and Regulus all one last glance back ... then looked in front of him and stepped out. His body remained in his human form. However, as he spoke, it was very obvious he'd allowed Yubel to take back over.

"So, you fools want to play? Feel free to try, but ...."

A smug smirk appeared over the fused Judai's face.

"I don't think you'll be able to handle it. You didn't seem to enjoy that quake, after all. But by all means ... feel free to prove me wrong."

And after offering one last 'come and get me if you can' gesture, Judai pivoted on his feet and began running away from the fortress, helping clear the area so the others would be able to hurry inside, sneak in, and see about freeing Ancient Fairy Dragon. Of course, he realized he wasn't getting all of them to leave. That was fine. So long as he allowed them any type of advantage, that would work for him.

And while it was true that they had walked quite a long while after finding and helping Regulus ... stamina was one of Judai's better traits. So he could easily continue to run and lead as many away as semi-humanly possible. But just as Rua had made his own efforts count, he fully intended to return the favor from earlier.

"She shouldn't have had to. Not like that ... and definitely not by his hands." Her own fists clenched as they gripped the back of Jack's shirt tighter, fueled by not only anger, but the need to keep herself standing, lest her feet give out on her. While it was certainly true that Fayth preferred to have her pact then and there, she didn't need it to feel the disappointment surrounding Jack. Her head bowed ... and a slightly shocked yelp elicited as he actually slapped her.

But at the same time, she didn't make an effort to dodge it, either. She knew perfectly well that she had deserved it. Still, she didn't bother hiding the gesture had irked her a bit, evidenced by the slight tone that entered her tone. "Oi, I know, I know. That's why I said the temptation was just there. If I wanted to ... I'm trusting I could have done exactly as Reiji said and used the disk to leave. Apparently, this is Fuyu's, which means the ability to go back to the Pendulum Dimension works. I haven't obviously tried it ... but I also have zero reasons to believe that Reiji would lie to me."

Still, even he admitted himself that he was also terrified. And that was all Fayth needed to hear to help prove her own point - that the emotions were very real and valid.

Regardless, she couldn't help but let out a slightly defeated sigh as he asked his rhetoric about the Dark Signers ceasing should they leave. "No," she muttered in an irritated voice, "If anything ... should Leo get what he wants and somehow merge the worlds, it'd not only resume, but happen with worse company. It doesn't sound like things are going overly well back 'home', either."

No, Reiji hadn't confirmed as such, but he definitely didn't deny it. Proven well enough by her planting the idea to come back to her real dimension and help out, even somewhat subtly implying she needed to replace Fuyu.

"It's a major damned if we do, damned if we don't situation. I do get it. I just ... fucking hate the mere possibility of ... dying again. And more so when I still don't know if the other me even got a proper life. But given she died at a younger age? I highly doubt it. So ... the urge to be selfish is a very real struggle right now. On that note though ... what should we do? The facts still remain that they got three towers lit and ... we need to try to turn this around. Who ... who else is even still alive? Crow, perhaps?"

"Either way ... regrouping may be a wise idea. Also ... "

She weakly grinned and nodded down towards herself.

"I ... need something more than just a hospital gown eventually. I'm fine letting you see me like this because I trust you, but otherwise? I don't really wanna stay like this the rest of the day if it can be helped."

As Judai would make his move, Rua and the others would hold back. He needed to draw them all away...And sure enough, the monkeys saw Judai approach, their staffs readying.

"Surrender, Yubel!"

"You don't scare us!"

Though as it was made clear, Judai would see her words had shaken a few of them; they knew of Yubel's terrible power, and some definitely seemed not wanting to tangle with a demon such as her. But....Ultimately their loyalty won out, and as Judai might run, they all would follow, screeching and shouting for them to split up and try and cut her off. Leaving the fortress open.

Something that made Regulus chuckle, "They might be many, but they are none too bright. They forgot to sound the alarm on the fortress.....Should make getting inside. Let us move..." And with this, the trio would move from behind cover towards the fortress; as they stopped to enter however, Rua picked up one of the staffs. Might come in handy, he thought...Before long following them inside.

Jack had to stop himself from shaking; he didn't want to actually hurt Fayth, but to even suggest running away? After everything that happened?

Granted, the idea wasn't too unappealing, but his pride and anger wouldn't let himself surrender. Kiryu had spilled the blood of too many....And with three towers lit, that did indeed mean some of the Dark Signers had won besides Fayth's opponent. Most ominously stood the tower bathed in red light; they had beaten two of them at least. But would it be enough?

It would have to be...Because if not, the only alternative was utter annihilation. Of everything and everyone.

"Fayth...I'm sorry I slapped you. But like I said, even if this isn't a fight we want, we can't run now. We have to make our stand here...And if this Leo is going to try and merge it? The Gods might not even play nice; they might go after him too. And that would ensure casualties on a scale that makes this seem pathetic." Just another reason why they couldn't give up.

"In any case...." he would say, giving a sigh as he took off his jacket, wrapping it around her figure. "Hopefully this will do for the time being. We should probably find Crow and Ruka and Rua; if Crow made it out, he's probably hurting and could use the company. Plus...We need to tell him about Yusei regardless. Hopefully some of the others made it out."

And with that, Jack then led Fayth along....Going back to Crow's place of hiding. They didn't have a Runner or anyway to contact him, so it would be a fairly long walk.

"BLAST IT!"

Zeman pounded his massive fists on his throne of stone after the last attempt failed; this fortress had allowed him to seal Ancient Fairy Dragon, but getting her spirit to break? Even with all the Spirits he had collected at the orders of his Master?

"It's still not enough....But we are getting closer! Where is my latest addition?! Where is Regulus!" he would bark out, several attendees in the room shirking away as he roared. "Lord Zeman, sir...We are unsure. They have yet to report back in...."

Zeman's eye twitched, his staff raising as he then blasted his underling with the same petrifying energy, soon his body turning into a massive stone tablet. "Put him with the others." he woudl say, several apes coming forward and carrying their stone comrade to be placed on the wall with the depictions of so many other spirits. "I should Minusize all of you for your incompetence! I will not allow us to fail Master Demak! So back to your posts!"

You better come back ... or I'll kick your butt real hard ...

A worried expression painted the normally carefree and happy-go-lucky Rua's face. To say these were dark times was an understatement. They were incredibly dire ... and even though Judai had all of his points, he didn't want to think about any of them becoming a reality. Especially not people putting themselves at risk. And yet ... he'd done so with Regulus while he was still under the influence of some sort of drug or whatever had made him misunderstand them. So as much as it pained him ... deep down, he did know and understand all of the warnings were very real.

He gulped nervously, tilting the staff carefully in his hand as he ran off alongside Regulus and Torunka. "Hey ... by chance, do either of you know how this works, exactly? Or what it does? Is it as simple as whacking people over the head with it, waving it around, or ... something else completely?"

Better to try to know now before arriving in front of the big boss, right? That was his hope ... but if it really came down to it, he could figure a way to improvise out. It might be a slight bit messy ... but he'd find a way to figure things out. He wasn't as intelligent as his sister, but it wasn't like he had a negative IQ, either. It was just slightly less ... but nothing abysmal.

"Yep. Here goes everything and nothing!"

Admittedly, the first bits of running were a bit of luck and even Regulus using his nose to see about finding Zeman. What really helped out, however, was the loud slamming of his fist that led them the right direction. As eager as Rua was to dart in and save Ancient Fairy Dragon ... not yet. Besides, they arrived when he was asking about Regulus.

Kneeling down and lowering his voice to a barely audible whisper, he voiced a plan. It was a bit crazy in its own rights ... but if they were putting their trust in each other, it couldn't be the absolute worst thing he'd suggest?

"Should that be your cue to walk in? Pretend you're still on his side and all, or .... what do you think?"

Fayth shook her head. "I ... I do understand this time around. I did kinda need a wake up call of sorts, so for once, I'll reply with ... thank you."

She briefly pondered Jack's musings. It was true ... the gods very likely would not play fair. And on one hand ... it'd at least take away her worries with Sora or anyone from Academia, more likely than not. But then her head shook. Even if that was how it'd play out, no. She definitely couldn't take that chance. A low, muffled groan resounded from her lips as she hinted that while she didn't like agreeing with Jack, Fayth also knew it was the right thing to do.

"Crow ... okay. Sounds good. Probably ... one of the better places we could go to."

As Jack wrapped his jacket around her, Fayth almost immediately began to feel warmer. Maybe not any less anxious ... but she was only shivering from fear as opposed to that plus having almost nothing on now. It was a small step in the right direction, and she'd take something over nothing.

If three are lit though .... who else aside from me and Yusei?

Her teeth latched onto her lower lip. She didn't want to think about poor Ruka being a lost soul. Honestly, that had taken her aback .. to learn a girl that young was forced to have her own Mark. It was even more unfair than Fayth's, as far as she was concerned. Sure, she hadn't asked for this. But at least she was seventeen. Ruka was ... what? Eleven? Twelve, give or take? Barely a teenager, if even one at all. It felt beyond fucked up to force someone who may not even be in their teen years to partake in a war like this.

Tactics like making such young people participate in needless violence ... it made her remember the ways of Academia. And even though she hadn't deemed it possible ... the mere thought made her tremors strengthen.

Now she had something else to live for ... more than simply vengeance, she wanted to ensure Academia and everyone supporting that side burned, be it to the ground, in Hell, or both. If only for that ... Fayth would find a way to win next time she faced a Dark Signer. She nodded firmly at the thought, staying close to Jack and holding gently onto his arm with her decent one to avoid getting lost while walking through the streets of the Satellite.

"And how long ago did she leave you said?!"

Rally's head lowered in shame as he stared down at the floor. "A few days ago," he muttered quietly.

Crow face palmed, sighing and groaning in frustration. "Why didn't you wake me up immediately after you talked to her?!"

"Because what if it had just been her simply wanting air?"

"Okay ... let's go with that. Then why didn't you accompany her? After the literal bombs that got dropped, why did it seem like a remotely smart idea to let her, a child, go anywhere alone?! I'd never let any of you wander aimlessly around, so ... damnit Rally ... "

To be somewhat fair, it wasn't all of Rally's fault. Even still, to say Crow was worried sick was an understatement. Most of his physical wounds were healed enough that he could move ... but they were far from completely gone, too. In fact, they were threatening to re-open ... which, fortunately for Rally, was an ample enough sign for Crow to stop, breathe, and calm himself down.

"So ... no one has seen her?" As Rally sadly shook his head, Crow massaged his forehead. "Damnit," he muttered again. "And I was the one scolding Judai for losing sight of Rua. Ironic that I'm the one who lost either twin. Tch."

For better or worse, the knock at the door provided a decent enough distraction. "Ruka! Dear gods, where -- ??"

Except he found himself staring at Jack and Fayth. Not the worst. It was good in its own rights. But with the way he stopped and caught himself, it was clear that he hadn't been expecting nor looking for them either. "Hey. Sorry, umm ... if it's not obvious enough yet, I'm kinda having a bit of a tough time here. Rally! Get a few of the others and try looking again, please. Carefully, though; if you get zero hints in an hour, come back."

Rally gave Crow a silent nod, slipping past Fayth and Jack and running out, where a few of the other kids were playing. The two would hear him talk to some of the kids, his words muffled as the door would be closed.

"It is good to see you both, though. Does that mean you both won your duels?"

"Just him," Fayth replied. "Morningstar ... took my place. Otherwise ... he'd just be here."

Crow grimaced, but nodded. "You may not have originally hailed from here, but I am glad you found a loophole of sorts. So ... what's that make their score? How many are lit?"

Fayth bit on her lower lip. It didn't feel right for her to say. Also ... as comfortable as Jack's outfit was, it didn't feel right to keep wearing it. So ... even if it may be a bit awkward, she instead changed the subject, knowing the reprieve from it would be brief. "Do umm ... do you have anything I can borrow? Long enough for me to buy a new set of clothes or retrieve them from Jack's place or something?"

"Oh ... I was kinda wondering admittedly. In fact, fair. I'll back up. The hell happened to you two? You look like you both went through Hell and back. Is that only because of the duels?"

"Kinda .... "

It wasn't wrong ... but it wasn't the only answer. "Kiryu tried to outright kill us. Completely skipped dueling us ... or tried to. Some ... stranger plus Fuyu helped ... saved us while we were at Puzzle Hospital recovering from Jack's fight against Carly."

"... Was that was a tag duel or something?"

"No. She tried to use me as a hostage against Jack."

Crow shook his head, scoffing at the thought. As he walked back towards Fayth, he gently placed a new set of clothes over her shoulders. "They're casual and will probably make you look a bit tomboyish. Hope you don't care."

"Not at all. On the contrary ... I think I may favor that sorta style for a while."

" ... Something else, huh?" Fayth merely nodded, but didn't elaborate. Even without her saying anything, though, it was enough for Crow to get a decent enough hint. "Here. This way."

And with that, he'd lead Fayth into his own room, closing the door behind her. He then looked back to Jack, crossing his arms over his chest. "So ... did Yusei get my message? I know I messaged you both after I barely beat Bommer, but not whether he received it or not. Is he okay?"

Regulus could only stand by as Rua and Torunka might try to come up with a plan, each of them hiding behind one of the many curtains that hung on the walls. Oberon's palace was lavishly redecorated, but this was one of the things that had not changed about Zeman. He was a greedy and powerful King, ruling the Land of the Apes with an iron fist. It was more the fact that he came here personally; it must be whatever was happening on the outside world.

That was the only explanation for Zeman's brashness now; he had long eyed the Ancient Forest for conquest, but him and Ancient Fairy Dragon had always stayed his hand. Now though? He had claimed this place in a matter of weeks...

It was this urgency that was going to have Regulus agree to the plan, even if it might not work.

Once the passing guards were gone, Regulus and the others re-emerged. "I do not know how this magic works...It is alien to me. To me, a sage that has lived for thousands of years." Torunka muttered as he looked upon the staff. Clearly it had some kind of magic...But what could it do? "He said something about Minusizing the other guards; it must tie into the power that seals Spirits. I heard them saying such a thing when they were after me...Before I was put under his curse." Regulus muttered, being sure to keep his voice low.

"This is a high-risk plan...But we have no other options, none that I can see anyway." Torunka murmured, Regulus saying "Then here goes nothing...If I do fall, promise me you'll find a way to free Ancient Fairy Dragon." Before they could reply though, his massive body padded through into the throne room.

Zeman straightened up as he saw Regulus, his brow arching in surprise. "Well now, it seems my curse has yet to afflict you in full. No doubt because of your Dragon's little power." Zeman replied, a similar staff - this one larger and with a more pronounced needle tip - soon being grabbed. "Did you come to slay me, Regulus? As you are, I doubt you could so much as even scratch me."

But then it was here that Regulus did something that Zeman would not expect: He kneeled, or at least positioned his body in such a way it would represent it. "What is this..." Zeman muttered, Regulus saying "I have come to serve your will....I know what you seek to truly have Ancient Fairy Dragon in your grasp. You wish to seal me, but doing so would not get you what you ask for."

Zeman sneered, "And you think you know my power, kitten?! This is my magic, crafted specially for service to my Master!" Regulus shook his head, "I would never be so bold to assume...But I tell you this: She and I are bonded in a way your magic cannot break...But if you will allow me, I can coax her power out for you."

Well, at least this was keeping Zeman distracted, his attention fully focused on the lion. "And what you do propose, Regulus? Speak plainly, else I will turn you into another tablet for my collection regardless."

It was indeed a long and arduous walk; neither of them were anything close to fully healed, and Jack was having a rough go of it due to his knee still being shattered. The only thing he had stabilizing it was a brace. A good one, but a brace all the same.

He could hear Crow's shouting from his home; sounded bad with how raised his voice was. Must be something severe for him to be so upset; Crow was usually like Yusei. Level-headed and calm. Excitable? Maybe in certain situations, but never like this.

And sure enough, Crow was surprised to see them; and judging by the looks on the kid's face, and Rally's as well? Well....Damn, seemed like no one was having a good day. Go figure, it would happen to one of the few people in the Satellite that actually gave a damn about the orphans.

He would let Fayth explain what happened since he asked, clutching his knee as he recalled the near-death incident; naturally she left out the exact details of what Kiryu actually did. But....That was neither here nor there. And if he had to, he would throw himself in Kiryu's way so that she wouldn't have to endure that again. And then Fayth went and asked for some clothes....And only once she was changed did he address Crow, Jack's face hardening into a grim expression.

"She's had a rough time, Crow...So forgive her for not answering that first question. Three....Three are lit. And...."

It was clear that Crow's own question about Yusei had him stumbling; he wasn't sure how to put this. All of them were from Team Satisfaction....Even Kiryu at one point. And...Well, he wasn't entirely sure how Crow would take this news.

"Damn it, Fayth....You making me break the news to him..."

Of course, he understood that maybe she thought it wasn't her place....Plus, it would be better to come from him regardless.

"Crow...Yusei didn't make it." he finally said, keeping his voice low so as not to let the children hear this. "Kiryu killed him....And he was all too excited to share with us how he actually did it....Right up until his final moments." Jack still recalled Kiryu's little storytelling session, hearing the glee in his voice as he recounted the Duel.

"He did get your message....We both did. But right after you called us, Kiryu intercepted him. And....I had to go fight the one that took Fayth prisoner...And as Fayth explained, Kiryu then found us. Paraded Yusei's corpse like a marionette....Then practically brought down half of Puzzle Hospital trying to get rid of us." Jack then sighed, giving a groan of agony as he leaned back against a wall, trying to take weight off his knee.

"Speaking of....Where are the twins? I thought they were staying with you..." Jack then asked, not knowing what all happened since falling out of contact with Crow after his Duel with Carly.

Rua would give Regulus a nod, watching from his hiding spot as the lion padded into the throne room. He frowned as his gaze rested on the staff. This felt like it'd be the key - or at least a major turning point - if he could understand it properly. "You really don't know how this works?" he asked Torunka in a low voice, turning and moving the magical stick carefully in his hands. He knew and understood that right now was not the time to be overly reckless like Rua tended to be.

If anything, he needed to exercise caution. Not just to ensure this didn't activate at a bad time, but in case he and Torunka would have to go in with Regulus.

Yes, he'd heard what Regulus asked of them. But at the same time ... it didn't feel right to just leave him completely alone to an unknown fate. Besides ... with all that Ruka had told him about her spirits, Regulus was a very important name to Ancient Fairy Dragon. It'd make freeing her much easier if Regulus was still fine and alive ... at least, that made sense in Rua's mind.

So, crazy as the thought was, Rua was ready to go in and help the lion out. He wasn't sure how he could do anything, not exactly. But he was certain enough the staff would be a part of the equation. Yet, if he couldn't discern what it was or how to use it, he'd figure something out. He always did, and typically in the most unorthodox of ways. But hey, who knew? Maybe that'd work out in Rua's favor once more.

For now, though, it sounded like things were going ... decent enough. No need to rush in just yet. But he mentally prepared his body, ready to run in at a moment's notice should it seem like the right thing to do.

Truthfully, Fayth had been done getting dressed a few moments after Jack apologized on her behalf. She just ... didn't immediately walk out because she knew exactly what she'd done. And indeed, it was largely because it didn't feel right for her to break the news about Yusei. There was, however, a very small but still existing part of her that was also doing it as a subtle way to get back at Jack for slapping her. But ....

"Oi, Fayth? This is a joke, right? He's finally learned what dark humor is, right?"

She probably could have gotten away with needing a few more moments, but if she lingered for too long? Nah. There wouldn't be a logical way to explain why she was taking so long. Slowly, Fayth opened the door, revealing herself in the outfit Crow had given her; jeans with a few holes here and there to give a bit of a punk look and a red-orange tank top. For now, Jack's jacket was still draped over her shoulders.

Her head slowly moved from side to side, causing Fayth to flinch as an abrupt thud in the form of Crow's fist slamming against the wall echoed in Fayth's ears.

"I'm sorry. I truly am. Yusei ... he was the first to welcome me here. The first to help me. Hell, he showed me the shop where I made my angel deck. I may not have been a part of here when you all first met or anything, but this ... it hurts as if I had been here that long."

Possibly linked to the fact that she technically had lived in this dimension. Whatever the case, she dismissed it, her own voice barely staying stable as she sat beside Jack, using her hand to help find him against a wall. She then pointed towards her arm still in its sling and nodded at Jack's busted leg. "Come on, Crow. You're smart. How do you think these happened? You know he was always going on and on about it."

"Talking about such a thing versus actually doing it, though ..."

Fayth bowed her head, gripping on her lower lip as her head continued to shake.

"How do you even know he's not just making this up?!"

"Really, Crow? Come on. If anyone wanted to attempt to make something up, the last person it'd be is Jack. I've been around him long enough to understand that much."

"We .... damnit. Goddamnit, Yusei. We tried to tell you he was ...." Were it not for the fact kids were outside, it was pretty easy to see he would have done something similar to Fayth when she heard the news about Fuyu; grabbed a pillow or even used his arm to stifle his screams and let them ring out in anguish and frustration. But as it was? He resorted to the next best option and dug his nails deep into his palms, tears streaming down his face.

"So," Crow shakily added, "Puzzle Hospital .. the reason I heard about it in ruins ... is because that traitor?"

Fayth nodded, causing Crow to angrily scowl. "It's ... even if they do rebuild it, they won't likely reopen it for a while. The nurse ... she .... wasn't spared either."

"Son of a bitch," Crow hissed angrily, using his arm to wipe the tears away, only to have some - now fueled by anger - replace them. "So now what the hell do we do?!"

"That's literally why we came here. To try to figure that out, because if we let despair overcome us ... they will win. So we came here in hopes of regrouping."

Crow grimaced, forcing his nails to withdraw before he drew too much blood. He lost enough from his battle with Bommer. If he was going to attempt to heed Fayth's words ... then he needed to watch his harmful habits that were developing, even if only aimed at himself. He needed to be alive and well enough, after all. A look of shame emerged on his face as he sighed ... and looked up towards Jack.

"The twins ... well, that was partly what I was talking to Rally about. Rua has been with Judai in the Spirit World to see about freeing Ancient Fairy Dragon. Ruka was supposed to go with them, but they got intercepted by that creepy professor from the Fortune Cup plus ... some other robed freak. They hit Ruka with some weird magic that direly weakened her, so she came back and remained with me for a bit. Apparently, a few days ago, she left here. On her own. Probably ... to her own tower. Rally doesn't know, nor do I, and that's why I've been trying to have the others go look for her. I would ... but I'm still not completely healed up myself. But at this rate, fuck how my body feels, because ... I don't think I'll be able to live with myself for not at least trying to find her."

"At any rate ... neither twin has returned yet."

Fayth grimaced upon hearing that news. She carefully pulled her knees up against her chest, lifting her head as Crow spoke up again. "So ... you said something about Morningstar taking your place? I mean ... it's kinda obvious what you mean given you are still here, but ... "

A soft sigh slipped past Fayth's lips as she nodded. Admittedly, she had a bit of a feeling this would need to be relayed. "Well ... by the time the last turn came around ..."

A FEW HOURS AGO, ON THE LAST TURN OF THE FAYTH VS. RUTGER DUEL​

Were anyone else around, they would have seen that Fayth was down to 600 life, while Rutger had been taken to 2300. That in itself was frustrating ... if she'd been able to use Athena's effect a few more times, re-use Magic Cylinders, do anything of the like ... she could have won. But it seemed fate was refusing to let her have even that.

I don't want to ....

She had literally nothing. Even without feeling the cards that were in her hand, she knew as much. But her fingertips moving over the text and confirming as such made her shivers that much stronger.

No human in their right mind wants to. Go on and end your turn, but before that ... do you remember where that card is? The Teleport one?

Y-yes, I do. Is that really going to work, though?

Did it not when you were near a God-wielding psychopath?

Fair, but that's the difference. He didn't have his God card out like Rutger does now.

I'll make it work. You just get ready to use the card.

Isn't this ... a bit cowardly?

Morningstar clicked his tongue in response. An invisible hand ruffled Fayth's hair ... then felt as if it were stroking her cheek.

Make up your mind sweetie ... do you want to die or not? If you still want to live, then shut up and listen to me, okay?

A sharp breath was sucked in ... and finally, Fayth managed to lift her head, glancing up towards Rutger as she finally spoke. "I'll set a card then end." The placement of said card would reveal what it was meant to be; a second Sanctuary In The Sky. Whether it was meant to be symbolic or just a set-up should another miracle occur was anyone's guess. The truth was ... this duel could have ended as of two to three turns ago, but he hadn't done so. That certainly took Fayth aback ... but now, she wasn't expecting that.

But on the off-chance she got what a small part of her was hoping for ... she'd be ready to activate not only her field, but the other cards she'd set in the past turns, including another Solidarity.

While Rutger drew the top card from his own deck, Fayth moved her left towards the secret compartment ... and quickly began fumbling around for the card that Morningstar was promising would help save her once again, even with a God in her presence.

For the next few moments, Zeman and Regulus seemed to stare at each other, the ape king regarding the majestic lion with a strange sense of respect now. He hadn't expected his own Minus Curse to actually brainwash someone; his testing had revealed no such phenomena ever occurring.

Even so....It wasn't entirely outside the realm of possibility. After all, even sealed Ancient Fairy Dragon refused to give in, so perhaps Regulus' own magical energies made his curse interact in ways unknown to him? Even so, he kept a wary eye on the lion; something was definitely odd here. And he didn't get to be where he was by acting foolishly. Even so...He was under his Master's orders to use any means necessary to break her spirit and take this whole Forest into the darkness to fuel the God's ritual.

"So, what exactly are you saying Regulus? That my Minus Curse is actually hampering me?" Zeman asked, the lion nodding, "I understand you have sealed Ancient Fairy Dragon; her power in this place is immense and it was in good foresight to do so. But unless you bind us both together, even your magic cannot break her." Regulus felt sick with himself for even talking like they were allies...But he was putting his faith in the young one to deliver their plan forward.

"I see....So it is your bond with her that prevents me from dominating the dragon entirely." Zeman remarked, looking over his staff. Indeed, the power of bonds was one that was not lost on him...But he did seem to have underestimated its strength if what Regulus was saying was true.

At this Zeman stepped down from the throne, coming to approach the lion; Regulus then backed a few paces, allowing Zeman to approach the strange portal in the ground. Regulus had seen the stone tablet, Ancient Fairy Dragon's visage marked on its surface. "Please wait for me, Master....I will free you by whatever means necessary. Even if I might not live to see it through."

Zeman then turned to face Regulus, his staff pointed right at him, "Did you honestly take me for a fool, Regulus?" At this Regulus balked, his voice a bit shakier as he snarled, "We are allies! What is the meaning of this?!" Zeman just laughed, "I know the influences of my own magic well enough, Regulus; I know when someone is well and truly under it. Everything you've said....Has been of your own volition."

What Zeman didn't count on though, was that Regulus was not alone...And with his back currently facing Rua and Torunka, now would be their time to strike.

Rutger had been playing it as cautious as he could; his Earthbound Storm had wiped her field of Magic and Trap cards, allowing him to use his God to attack her directly alongside his other monsters that he stole from her. And the one time she managed to activate a card effect in response to his attack? He managed to trigger his Set card, Ground Wave, to counter it and deal her more damage. But that wasn't to say it was one-sided; through Morningstar's guidance and her own tenacity she had in fact managed to damage him a good deal, having shaved his Life to nearly a quarter of the starting total. And it was this energy that would make the Spider's Tower surge with energy.

"I will say this, young lady; the Gods might not recognize your Mark, but you fight as well as any Signer could hope to do. Be gracious in your defeat, for your battling spirit shall empower the Gods to further heights." he would say, being honest in his compliments to her.

"I switch Earthbound God Uru from Defense to Attack Position!" he would say, his God standing up strongly on the maze of sticky threads that encompassed the entirety of this room. "Battle! Uru, attack directly and end this Duel! Hell Thread!"

And as such, the giant pedipalps on the God's face seemed to chitter...Before long Fayth being covered in a mess of sticky silk that caused a searing wave of heat to wash over her. It would be brief but intense, her Life dropping to 0.

"As valiant as your struggles were, you have lost, Miss Milner. Uru, claim her soul and energy! Let her spirit fuel the Gods' rebirth!" he would shout.....Except Fayth would then be replaced with a very familiar figure, her hand having been able to touch the Teleport card she had taken with her, now the figure of Lucifer Morningstar, the de facto leader of the Fallen, was now in her place. Imprisoned by the powerful magic-sealing threads of Uru the Spider God.

"So, you have taken her place...How surprisingly noble of you." Uru commented, gving a little laugh as he added, "Ignacious will be most pleased to hear of your defeat. You have fought well, but now you must perish." And with that, Uru's threads ensconced the Fallen's body fully...And before long it would pull the trapped Morningstar towards him, a set of hungry jaws quick to devour the imprisoned Fallen, the former angel's energies capping off the Tower entirely. Now joining the Tower of the Lizard and the Giant in their rhythmic pulsing.

Rutger, however, was not at all pleased. To think a Spirit like Morningstar would spare the Signer. "Uru....Return..." Rutger would say, the God and the flames that made up its geoglyph disappearing. "Damned interlopers....Even with the Tower full, that he would dishonor this ritual is proof enough of his mannerisms. Good riddance." the Dark Signer leader muttered, but....They would find her again, as she might too them.

Once Fayth might tell her story, Jack's head hung; so she had lost. These Dark Signers were exceptionally powerful...And now? He honestly felt a little bad about bad-mouthing Morningstar. It seemed the angel had a merciful side after all.

But if they could beat something as strong as he? What hope did they have? Perhaps none....But Jack then mentally slapped himself. He had just slapped Fayth for thinking of running...Be somewhat hypocritical to even let such a thing cross his mind.

And...Fayth was right. If they let themselves fall into despair, they would have no recourse left. "The best we can do is try to keep fighting. The fact that Fayth pulled through, even if it was because of Morningstar's act, shows that they're not all powerful. There's also the fact to consider, not all of them have won. Two lost. They can be beaten. We just.....Need to keep pushing on. And pray no one else falls anymore."

His mind then went to the twins, hoping wherever they were, they were safe. It might not mean much....But he also didn't see much else they could do other than keep fighting. "I do suggest, however, Crow....That we first try to find somewhere safer for these kids...Where that might be, I have no idea." He then grimaced, "We....might try to find Yomi again. They were pretty secure the last time Fayth and I saw them. Maybe they could take them in while all this is going on."

After all...The place had literal demons guarding it. He really couldn't think of somewhere safer at the moment. And Yuna and the others did not seem to mind people coming in as refugess; in fact, they welcomed it with open arms.

Last edited:

Rua frowned slightly as Torunka seemed unable to offer any hints on how the staff worked. He stared down at the stick, studying it long and hard ... almost looking as if it would somehow reveal the answers to him. But, as expected, nothing happened. A soft sigh resounded as he simply kept his hand wrapped firmly around the weapon. At least he wouldn't go in unarmed.

And indeed, it was looking as if that was what would be needed. The attempt to talk and deceive Zeman wasn't quite working as well as any of them had hoped.

Well ... here goes everything and nothing ...

"Alright you mean monkey!" Rua cried as he darted in, standing beside Regulus, "Enough's enough. Let Ancient Fairy Dragon go! We're not leaving until you do!"

Once again, his heart was pounding. But this was far scarier compared to ensuring he didn't get mauled by Regulus, simply because he knew what he had to do. Move and put his faith in Judai. But now? He didn't exactly know how to use this weapon. He'd have to take a damn good guess and hope it worked on Zeman, because otherwise?

This whole quest could take a downward turn real fast. It was a thought that Rua didn't want to dwell on the more exact details of either; but he could fairly guess well enough the last thing the results would be were pleasant.

By the time Fayth had finished with her story, Crow had at least managed to make the tears stop. But the stinging from hearing the truth on what had happened to Yusei? Nah. Even now, his anger was simply in check at best. But if he was the next person to find Kiryu? He wasn't gonna hold back any punches, and he highly doubted Jack or even Fayth would. Regardless of what had happened to her, she seemed brave enough to face him and try to get back at him for all the stunts he'd pulled against her. She at least proved as much by facing her opponent, which made him wonder ....

"Did you get a name, by chance? Of who you faced?"

"I ... no, actually. The only thing I was able to take note of were his deck, which was a spider deck and his god was ... Uru, I believe he said."

Crow grimaced. It wasn't the best of a hint. But at least when one of them found a Dark Signer that used a spider deck ... they'd know whom she had faced. "Okay, anything about that deck you can tell us?"

"Stumbling ... is an absolute bitch of a card. It's one of the main things that really worked against me."

"Stumbling, huh?" Crow mused under his breath. "I suppose if your monsters were constantly forced into defense ... yeah. That would be quite the problem. Thank you for those, though. That actually may help out somehow. Hell, maybe we can see about trying to modify our decks before any of us run into another Dark Signer or ... add cards to help prepare in some form or fashion. Regardless, Jack is right - they're not untouchable. Me beating Bommer and him defeating Carly is proof of that."

An eyebrow rose as he heard Jack's suggestion; not because he didn't trust Yuna. Far from it. "I get your logic, Jack. But do you honestly think that's wise? For kids to be around literal demons, I mean? The idea definitely does not sit too well with me."

"Yuna did wake up recently. Hajime contacted me via telepathy a few days ago. So ... since they were supposed to listen to her or Hotsuma ... maybe it won't be as ... unnerving as you're afraid of?"

Crow tilted his hand. "It helps a bit, yeah. But ... letting teens and preteens see literal, living demons? That in itself is nerve-wracking, and I'm not sure if it's a wise idea. You two can probably head over tomorrow and see about arranging something. In fact, checking to make sure it's still safe. But before that, we should all rest tonight. None of us are at one hundred percent. No matter what though ... "

Crow shook his head.

"I'm gonna stay behind with the kids. Mainly in case Ruka comes back. If all of us just left and she returned? No, I wouldn't be happy with myself. I'm already pretty livid as it is between having lost her in the first place, knowing her brother still isn't back yet, and all the other bullshit I've just learned, so ... " A deep breath was heard before he nodded and finished his sentence, "Yeah, no. I don't wanna scare or freak her out. You two can check it out. Talk with Yuna and her gang, see if that's an option. But I'll stay behind until I get a confirmation and, hopefully, will have Ruka back by the time you guys return."

Back
Top Bottom