Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Yu-gi-oh 5Ds: Rise of Darkness and Corruption (Athene/ImaginaryMuse & Razgriz)

Finlay understood the man was acting out of grief and desperation; even so, if he was going to be condescending and crude the time he was here, then it was inevitable they were going to have problems.

"I'll try my best; but I'll ask that of you as well. Be patient with me; this is extremely unfamiliar territory on a multitude of levels. And the presence of the demons alone...Well, that' s going to affect my concentration." he would say honestly; he wasn't going to give up, but he hoped she would understand that there was more than a few things distracting him here.

Thanking Shivini as she led him to his empty quarters, he unpacked his things; thankfully this room seemed to have shelving, allowing him to sort and organize all relevant materials. Along with his laptop that he'd packed away, he would hopefully be able to make some headway to help their friend and leader recover.

There had to be something he was missing, after all.

Unaware to him, a call would be made to a friend on the other side of the bay...To where someone else was ready to come home as well, and not to the best circumstances one could hope for.

==========================================================================================================================

"Oi, oi, I said I feel fine! My nausea's gone and I'm not seeing double any more!" Shimoda whined, the nurse letting out a huff of frustration as she muttered something about men being idiots, before chastising him, "It doesn't matter how you feel; you took a bat to the back of the head! Now sit!" Shimoda then just held up his hands in surrender before taking a seat in the nearby chair.

Honestly the young tech hadn't noticed the effect Ling's simple gesture was having until the nurse pointed it out; even so, he missed the contact as soon as it was gone. "Oh, so you two are actually a thing huh? Should have figured with your bold move in the Fortune Cup there, Yamichi." Shimoda teased, Yamichi flushing in the face and making his heart rate spike again, the nurse sighing, "That applies to you as well, Shimoda-kun! If we're going to discharge him, I need a steady baseline!" "Ah sorry sorry; couldn't help myself. Even so...Congratulations, both of you." he would finish, shooting a smirk towards the tomato-faced young man.

This of course made the nurse even more frustrated, but just brushed it off as she finished her discharge examination, "Now, I do want to go over a few things before you're let out, however. Standard hospital procedure, so please bear with me.."

At this however, another nurse came in, "Uhm, excuse me...Miss Xiu Tsou? I apologize if this is a bad time, but there's an urgent call for you. And they're asking to speak to you alone if it's at all possible." The attending nurse sighed, "Miss Ling, I suggest you take it; Yamichi-san is going to need crutches and we do need to spend a few minutes trying to adjust them to make sure they're comfortable." Shimoda then walked up and patted Ling on the shoulder, "Don't worry, I'll watch over him while you handle it."

If she would answer the phone, she would soon hear a familiar voice, "Hello? Ling...You there?" It sounded...tired, defeated almost. Like he himself had just endured hell and somehow managed to make it but not unscarred. And if she listened closely, it was none other than Takeshi himself.

Ling

Ling barely managed to nod while acknowledging Shimoda's words. Her own face was pretty red too. Her legs lightly swung while she sat in the chair ... and sure enough, even though the exam only took minutes to perform, it felt so much longer. Probably because she'd come here every day right after school. If she finished getting ready for school in the morning, she'd visit for a few brief minutes before heading off to classes. It had, of course, been part of the agreement between herself and her father; she had to continue her education.

.... Not that she ever intended to give that up in the first place. Something Ling had tried to reassure her dad time and time again.

Ah well. At least her actions succeeded where he words had failed, as did keeping her good grades despite coming over to the hospital frequently. That alone could have made her succumb to submitting some failing pieces of homework or essays. At worst, a few were on the lower end of the spectrum for Ling - Cs to Ds - but she always figured a way to make up for those.

And really, some of those topics had been so irrelevant that it had been difficult to take certain topics seriously. But with knowing her dad wouldn't accept that excuse, she got her mood in check after the third day Yamichi had been stuck in the hospital and got back to her all A's mindset.

Ling jumped slightly as a second nurse addressed her.

"H...huh? Someone wants to talk to me?"

Her mind had immediately went to her father, but when the nurse relayed they were sounding as if they were keeping their identity secret and it was urgent? That honestly made her nervous. It ... it wasn't that Kiryu bastard, was it? That legitimately made her heart stop for a few seconds. Her head quickly shook as she tried to reassure herself it wouldn't be him; she didn't fit as a Signer, after all. He wouldn't gain anything but making that sorta call, nor targeting Yamichi.

And as far as the boy who attacked Yamichi and wounded him so badly he was sent here to start?

Ling had been the original target. Yamichi simply intervened not only because he loved her, but to keep the fact she was without a legal deck hidden.

"I umm ... sure. I'll take it."

Flashing Shimoda an appreciative smile, she followed the second nurse. Ling first took a few moments to do some quick in and out breaths ... before finally putting the receiver against her ear.

"Hello?"

When her brain registered whose voice it was, a sigh of relief plus a smile crossed her face. Even though he couldn't see the latter, he may be able to tell she was wearing one with the tone she held as she replied.

"Takeshi! It's great to hear from you! I'm guessing this means someone was able to ... "

But then, she stopped. He probably wouldn't want to talk about his incarceration. Of course, she didn't know jail had been the least of his troubles as of late.

"Never mind that. You don't have to answer that. What's up?"

"And why are you calling me of all people?"

That last inquiry, though, probably made her sound a bit ungrateful, so she kept it to herself. Still, it did hold certain amounts of truth. He could have gotten a hold of Yamichi or anyone else he knew. And yet ... he was speaking with her? That ... was odd in its own rights. But, she would listen. It wouldn't be right to hang up without a really good reason and, if anything, it sounded like he desperately needed to have this talk.

Takeshi was indeed silent as she nearly brought up his incarceration; true, he wouldn't have wanted to talk about it all. Especially given what it led to after the fact...Or how much worse their own situation had gotten.

And truth be told...He was calling because of Yamichi.

"IIt's fine...Things aren't great. Not...you know, even close." he replied; what he was going to ask next was likely to sound extremely selfish, but in truth? Yamichi might have tried to hide it, but he didn't do a good enough job. Takeshi had figured out the tech's deal with Hotsuma; and even though the big lug would never go for someone like Yamichi (mostly because he was a guy himself), Yamichi held romantic feeling for Hotsuma. Granted, it wasn't hard to say why; Hotsuma had given the tech a place to feel safe. A family to call his own.

Which meant that Yamichi would take this news he was about to reveal even worse than others.

"I called...Because you're one of the few that Yamichi's closest with. And I mean...close with." Takeshi clarified, his voice hoarse from the excessive sobbing; Ling would likely be able to detect the sadness in his voice. If heartbreaking had a sound, his voice would be it. "I'm going to be straight with you: I know you talked with Judai about Yuna and that you told us about Yamichi...Which I thank you for; we were worried something had happened to him after the attack. She's back...But she's in rough shape. Her odds of waking up aren't good, and she seems to be getting worse by the day. Also..."

Takeshi then heaved a breath, explaining "Hotsuma...The Fiend of the Satellite, you might know him as that better. He's gone as well: He heard about what happened to Yamichi, and...He's not back yet. We don't know where he is; it's been days. People say he's abandoned us...But I know he hasn't. He's....going after the people who did this. And...We don't know if he can take them on, with what they can do. It's bad here, Ling...Really bad."

And then he would finally voice his request, "So please...Whatever you have to do, don't let him come back here. Don't let him see what's happened to everyone." His voice then broke, a tone born of desperation and fear, a tone of a man shattered in his soul by some horrific experience. Muted sobs seemed to overtake him.

"If you care about him at all....Care him about like I do...Care about him like Hotsuma did...Please...Spare him any more pain...." he then whispered pleadingly, his tone wobbling in grief as he beseeched her.

Ling

Takeshi's tone had made it pretty clear from the get-go that he was all but begging Ling to listen. That assumption got confirmed as he continued to talk. And, out of respect, the new Dueling Queen would remain silent ... verbally, anyway. Her mind, on the flip side, was a very different story. And the first thing she took note of ... was how he was talking of Yuna.

Her chances of waking up ... ?? What's ... that mean? Is she in a coma or something?

It was the only deduction she could make that made any bit of sense. Well ... that did suck. One leader down, huh? And, apparently, it wasn't much better. Hotsuma was gone also. He swore the man hadn't waltzed out, but ... in a way, that was sort of what he did. Granted, with good intentions --- well, maybe not 'good' in the traditional sense. Revenge was one of those topics that, in all honesty, Ling didn't usually think to be wise.

However, it was like now ... it depended on the circumstance. And from what she was steadily piecing together, something - or maybe even someone - had forced Yuna into her state.

So if he was going after the appropriate culprits ... then even Ling couldn't deny he was pursuing revenge for a much better motive than most people would have attempted.

If it's been days since anyone has heard from him ... he's either just under everybody's radar or .... fuck ...

Then there was the chance both leaders were down, permanently or otherwise. Slowly but surely, she was starting to comprehend the direction Takeshi was going with this talk. It suddenly made more and more sense. But, ultimately, there was a large issue with it. And when he confirmed her thoughts matched his line of thought, the first thing he would hear was a long, heavy sigh.

"I'll just say it straight out - I don't appreciate the way you worded that request. It feels like you're trying to guilt trip me or whatever and that ... that isn't fair. Disregarding my opinions, here's the more accurate answer - and I'm honestly surprised this hasn't crossed your mind. Or, it has, and you don't want to think of this as a likely option of happening."

Her fists clenched, grabbing at the hem of her skirt.

"I do love and care about Yamichi. Greatly. I've been here every day after school ... and I don't go to the Dueling Academy like a lot of Top residents go to. It's a more 'customary' school with Math, History, all that jazz. But even still, I've been coming here because he means that much to me. Now ... I heard you out, so I'd think it's fair to return that gesture."

Ling took a few seconds to gather her thoughts. Her head slowly moved up and down as she resumed.

"I could maybe see about offering him to remain with me for a few days. But ... have you not thought that, eventually, he's going to want to return? Very likely even ask about you guys? You're basically his family ... and you're telling me to keep him away from some of the few people who give a damn about him? Takeshi, do you hear yourself right now?"

Her head moved adamantly from side to side.

"Short-term, I can see about doing that for a bit, but forever? Absolutely not. Now then ... if that was what you were asking for, fine. It's a lot more reasonable. But understand that there is literally next to no way I could have him suddenly move in with me and forget all about you guys. It's borderline impossible to occur, and even more unlikely for him to just up and abruptly not think anymore of you guys. He wasn't wounded so bad he woke up with amnesia, after all. It's ... practically inevitable that, eventually, he's going to want to come back."

Her left arm crossed over her midsection as she sternly glared at the phone. Were she face-to-face, her gaze would no doubt have been right on the male she was speaking of.

"So can I heed your request? Yes and no. Takeshi ... especially after having met Kiryu face-to-face when he attacked the theater ...."

Ling's teeth latched onto her lower lip as she felt a shiver trail along her spine.

"Pain ... is going to be equally as impossible to avoid as it is to keep Yamichi away from you all. What kind of girlfriend would I be by trying to take away not only his family, but free will to do what he wanted to do. Honestly, even if just as a short-term plan, I don't know if I could do it while feeling decent about myself. That's very questionable enough as it is; but I would rather attempt to give him a few more days to rest up than force him to dismiss you all from his life and thoughts. I know this probably wasn't the answer you were looking for ... but I'm not changing my mind."

This was definitely not her preferred method of talking to people ... but if it would assist in strengthening her point of view just a bit, she'd use the reverse psychology card.

"And ... be honest with yourself. I can't imagine you truly want him gone forever. Especially if, as you said, your leader isn't there anymore. Either way ... I stand by my answer, Takeshi. I'm not asking you to like the response, but I am insisting you respect it. Is that fair enough?"

Takeshi just listened as she had done for him; he had a feeling she wouldn't go for it, but he had to try. He wasn't doing this because he hated Yamichi, and the absolute last thing he wanted was to keep the tech away. Ironically enough, he was wanting Yamichi back more badly than she might realize; it was an odd dichotomy in his head at the moment. He wanted Yamichi back to help try and get back some semblance of their old group, but he also didn't want him being completely crushed by the fact that BOTH leaders were gone for one reason or another.

Ling still hadn't heard about how they were betrayed by Raikou, how their leaders had endured shit after shit before and after the Facility.

Yuna being unconscious was bad...But there was still a fair bit Ling didn't know about, other things that drove Takeshi to ask this of her, however unfair she might have felt it to be.

And when she gave her answer? Well, he wasn't surprised; she'd been quite the firecracker at the tournament, and based on his lack of reaction to her using reverse psychology, she would be able to tell he hadn't taken offense to her talking to him like that. In fact, his silence would probably make her think he'd just ignored it completely.

"I know you do...And I'm sorry for putting you on the spot like that." Takeshi would say; he had no problem owning up to a mistake. He'd made enough of them already...Least he could take credit for this one. "I just don't want to see anyone else hurt; lord knows we're enough in the shit without more bad news. And you're right, I don't want Yamichi gone forever; hell, I want the nerd back more badly than you realize. With Yuna out cold and Hotsuma gone...I just..."

His voice broke as he tried and almost failed as a choked sob would emit into Ling's ear; hopefully she would see it wasn't because he didn't want Yamichi back, but because he honestly felt the guy was better off with her until they got shit sorted out. "Sorry..." he then said, gaining some semblance of his self-control back as he resumed talking. "Anyway...I do respect your position, Ling...And I can't thank you enough for looking after Yamichi when we couldn't. Just...If you do help him come back, please be safe alright? You're one of the best things that's ever happened to him after Hotsuma...Anyway, I should let you go. Take care, Ling."

And with that, Takeshi hung up; and not long after that, Yamichi and Shimoda would be heard approaching her from behind. "Dude, the nurse is gonna flip if she sees you not leaving in a wheelchair...." Shimoda would say, Yamichi shrugging as he teased back "Look, I know it's policy, but between you and me? Blood flow will only help my leg get stronger; sitting down doesn't do it any good. If anything, you should still be in a hospital bed." Shimoda snickered, "Well, can't say I can argue with you on that one. I hear there's going to be some smaller tournaments in the shops here; any chance I'll see you at one?"

Yamichi shook his head, "Not likely; I've been away from home too long already...Really wanting to get back." At this Yamichi would look up, "Oh, Ling...This is where you went; I was wondering where they had you talking. Was it a sponsor or something?" Shimoda just grinned, "I bet those rabid dogs are just itching to meet with you; how long has it been since we've had a female Duel Champion? Way too long if you ask me; you're a trendsetter now, Ling."

Little did either of them know of course, the seriousness of the discussion she just had...And how close it hit to home for the young tech.

Ling

It was at least good to hear Takeshi very quickly apologize to Ling. It meant he wasn't nearly as desperate to try to make her go through with a plan she already wasn't fond of in the first place. In fact, while the silence continued to hang between the two, she tried to contemplate. Would she be able to even offer Yamichi a reprieve from the Facility as a short-term offer?

... The answer continued to return to her the same; not without feeling horrible. Should he agree and take the offer up, it'd be smartest to keep the news hidden for as long as he remained with Ling.

Unfortunately, with everything she was just relayed by Takeshi ... it didn't sound like the kind of news that should be kept to herself. Sooner was better, even if it would not be the most pleasant for Yamichi to hear so soon after being dismissed from the hospital.

"I ... do appreciate your apology. I don't know if I can offer that idea as a temporary one, but ... I'll at least see about it. That's the most - and best - I can promise."

A soft breath passed her lips as Ling added, "I can hear things really have been incredibly dire. But ... that's just another reason to let Yamichi return sooner as opposed to later. Still, the end verdict is going to be up to him. Thank you for getting in touch."

Granted, a small part of her also preferred he'd told anyone else ... but that was likely the problem. Everyone else Yamichi was friends or acquaintances with probably already knew what was going on back at his home. And since Hotsuma was gone, she likely was the next best person. Her arms went over her chest as Ling grimaced. She had to think, and she had to do so quickly. Should she bother with Takeshi's idea or not?

The answer became very clear in a matter of seconds right as Yamichi returned. No ... no, she definitely couldn't. The lies would be white, but that was all Ling would need to feel sick with herself. Even the temporary aspect didn't ease her concerns. Still, she wouldn't say anything on what had just happened right now, either. She'd wait ... if only to avoid somehow sending Yamichi back into the very room he left.

A slightly exhausted smile crossed her face as Shimoda tried to pry into her phone call and whom she'd been speaking to.

"No. Not yet. They usually pester my cell phone, but I've had it off, so ... "

Ling shrugged.

"It um .... I'll relay it later. That call can wait. Right now."

Her hands clapped together as she walked slowly beside Yamichi. "Let's ---"

And now came the one time that maybe - just maybe - she could consider Takeshi's plan. Because ... how were they supposed to get there? In fact, how had he met up with her for their dates? A boat he'd said, yes?

"Do we need to call someone to help get you back? Umm ... hmm."

It was here that the 'now or never' moment arrived.

"Alternatively, if you don't wanna do that ... I can see if my parents will be fine with you remaining at my place for a few days, when you're ready to head back." There. This way she'd tried, and on her own terms. It was the best compromise with the talk she'd just had, as far as Ling was concerned.

Yamichi would of course have no idea that Ling was contacted by someone from the Facility, let alone it was Takeshi and that he'd had his own run-in with death and traumatic near-loss. He was just glad that nightmare was over....Blissfully unaware of the one that would await him when he went back home.

"Shimoda Naizen!"

The nurse from before came back, clearly upset with the young man and her hands on her hips with a small pout "You're not well enough to be walking around! Back to bed!" Shimoda's cheeks flushed, the tech grinning mischievously, "You heard her, Shimoda...Nurse's orders." The young man could only let out a sigh of defeat, adding, "Fine fine...Anyway, maybe I'll see you around, Yamichi. Take care brother." The duo shared a fist bump before parting ways, the nurse leading their friend back to his room to finish his recovery.

"Well I do, sure. And yeah, we would need to call someone." Yamichi said, not paying much attention to her slightly nervous behavior. He figured it was still jitters over what happened; he likely would have been the same way himself. "But I have a feeling that I'm going to have a lot to do when I get back...And to be perfectly fair, our date kind of got ruined at the end there, don't you think?"

And it seemed he was quite sure of this, the next words to leave his mouth full of certainty and leaving little doubt that this was one hundred percent Yamichi's desire. "So, I think they'll be alright if I take a day for a re-do." he then said, shooting the beautiful girl a small playful wink. "I don't know when I'll be able to see you again, Ling; so I want our afternoon to not be interrupted by homicidal maniacs if it's all the same."

Walking along with her to leave the hospital, "So if your parents truly have room to let me stay for a night or two, I'd be happy to accept their hospitality." He would think himself an idiot to not want to be near his woman, his mind even playing back the words Hotsuma spoke to him before he even came over here.

"Don't do what I did, Yamichi...Don't throw away what you have...."

And in his heart he felt this was the right thing to do. "Besides...Between you and me, I'm looking forward to some real food. I'm sure they do their best, but...You know what they say about it, haha. Any place in particular you feel like going to? Or should we just go to your place and have something there? I'm perfectly fine either way, so I'm leaving it to you."

==========================================================================================================================

Needless to say, Jack had also seen the news about the attack; he had visited Yamichi while the young man was still unconscious. His body was torn to hell, and that wasn't even someone with as much power as Kiryu. And suffice to say...Even with his own power of being a Signer, would it be enough?

Fayth could put up a brave front all she liked...But he was honestly deep down worried; and goading Kiryu like that was not something he was keen on doing. Especially if he could be brought back from the dead? Did they have that same privilege? He doubted it, and honestly it freaked him out a little bit. But one thing was for sure: They couldn't be allowed to fight here in the Tops. They shouldn't have to fight anywhere there was bystanders; but if Jack had to choose? It would be the Satellite; many areas of it were deserted.

With any luck...Perhaps at least some of them would want to engage in those spots. Because after Kiryu's display of nearly crumbling the theater building? It gave some insight into how far their former friend had fallen. And that if Yusei had any notion of trying to save him....It was sorely misguided.

But regardless, he had something important planned today. And chose to keep his thoughts a secret; or at least as much as he could. He had no idea if Fayth's resident could read his mind, and that was a bit aggravating if it were the case.

Dressed in his standard attire of black slacks and shoes, white undershirt and a white longcoat with black trim, he then went over to knock on Fayth's door. They had a lunch reservation at one of the Top's more prestigious restaurants, a place he used to go to quite frequently while he was still the Dueling King. And he felt a tug to take Fayth somewhere nice for a chance, help them forget the craziness of the last few days.

And if he were being honest? He was starting to feel an attraction to her; her bravery in the face of a deadly opponent opened his eyes to the ferocity of her soul. And it was a quality about her he found desirable, at the very least.

"Fayth? You almost ready?" he then asked through her door; he wasn't trying to rush her, just wanted to see if she was close to being done or not. He had no trouble waiting if she needed it though, so it would be up to her.

"I ... didn't really think much about that. The better wording is I haven't been able to. Between all of these hospital visits while simultaneously attending school, that reality escaped me."

Now that Yamichi had pointed it out, though, Ling almost immediately realized how correct her boyfriend was. Their date had been ruined. If she wanted to get super technical, it wasn't only from the attacks ... but they were some of the more traumatic factors. Besides, she'd gotten over her annoyance at her parents and, for the most part, had forgiven them. But she definitely would not be forgetting her father tossing her deck into the wind anytime soon. She probably never would, really.

Well ... if he's using that logic ...

Then it definitely was aiding Ling in feeling better about heeding Takeshi's advice. Slowly but surely, guilt was beginning to vanish from the new Dueling Queen. Only after they exited the hospital did Ling slowly nod, having seemed to mull on Yamichi's words. Even managing to flash him a sly smile of her own when he teased - at least partially, he was probably at least somewhat serious - about not having one day together interrupted by any overly crazy individuals.

"True. I would like that too, most definitely."

A soft breath resounded as Ling first helped Yamichi towards a nearby bench, sitting beside him.

"As a short-term thing, I can see about it. Dad really did seem sorry about being so harsh with you when he drove me to the hospital the night you were administered. So ... let me check."

And sure enough, after a quick phone call, she offered Yamichi an affirmative nod.

"I guess it's settled. Dad's on his way now to pick us up."

Seconds after she made her declaration, about a million concerns seemed to enter Ling's head. Almost funnily enough, they were over some of the most petty things to fret about as opposed to many dire topics. From wondering if she would need to take Yamichi shopping to make up for only having the clothes on his back to trying to figure what could they even do while the young tech was under her roof and just about everything else in between. Most of the thoughts were tame in nature.

A few, however ... were a bit more intimate, and damn well nearly made her blush in front of Yamichi. But if only to avoid giving any wrong impressions, she forced her face to remain its natural color.

"It shouldn't take him too long. Ten minutes, twenty tops and that'd mainly be due to traffic."

Despite the sea of emotions swimming through Ling, she managed to reach down and gently hold one of Yamichi's hands, lightly grasping it. "It's good to have you out of that hospital bed."

It may have taken a while, but she truly was relieved he had managed to recover and pull through. With how dire some of the wounds had been according to the nurses, there had been a few really close calls over the first few days of Yamichi's visit.

... Okay ... so maybe Takeshi's plan had some pros to it. Ling couldn't even begin to deny that knowing she could have a few days of reprieve and peace with Yamichi out of a hospital bed did sound really amazing. Even more so with hearing her parents had approved, and they didn't have to be reckless just to see one another.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Whereas Ling had been switching between feeling cheerful or worried, Fayth had been outright distraught and depressed. The past several nights had been filled with nightmares, and they all led her to one conclusion.

Yuna was dead.

But she had tried so hard to dismiss that thought. From all of the times she'd spoken or simply been near her, Fayth easily comprehended the difference between the two of them. In every sense of the word, Yuna was definitely so much better than Fayth. Particularly in raw, physical strength. And even with knowing Kiryu and quite a few others had inhuman powers ... Yuna was smart. She wouldn't recklessly run into any of them.

Hell, she's not even a Signer ....

But that was where the vicious cycle of doubt would always hit her the hardest.

Then why did they try so hard to torture and interrogate her? Do you not get it? They don't care who's a Signer or who isn't. Anyone deemed even remotely 'useful' isn't safe from these bastards.

Interestingly, Morningstar had been relatively quiet about her nightmares. He only gave input about the whole situation when Fayth asked. It hadn't really been overly optimistic, but he didn't relay he was definitely certain that Yuna was deceased either. So, even if slight, it still gave Fayth a glimmer of hope.

Girl, why aren't you done getting ready? You should know he's going to be knocking on your door soon enough.

The abrupt voice of the fallen angel made Fayth jump slightly. Her head tilted curiously as she heard the words. "Oh? I didn't think you like Jack much."

Truthfully? I don't. But ... you are my vessel. So when it comes to your happiness and sanity, I do care about you. Now ... stop standing there in your lingerie. Get dressed already. Unless you want him to see you half-nude, that is.

Fayth's cheeks quickly turned red as she mumbled hastily, "D-Don't be stupid. I still don't think he sees me like that."

Still, there was no denying one thing. There was indeed something, some sort of bond between them. Not just because they had been living together for ... how long had it been, anyway? A month? Maybe a bit longer?

Either way, it wasn't just being in such close proximity that Fayth did seem to get along much smoother with the former King. The dethroning had, ironically, been a bit of a blessing in some ways. It made Jack adapt and, in the process, show new sides of himself. He'd proven time and time again - recently or otherwise - he could care for others aside from himself. Considering it looked like that wasn't at all the case when they first met ... changes like those were reassuring to see on a more frequent basis.

Her eyes had 'returned'. In fact, that was the most common time Fayth would use her powers; to ensure she found and got dressed in an appropriate outfit. She had never let it bother her much before, but this? Well ... it felt like she needed to worry about style, if not that plus color scheme of what she wore.

Jack hadn't said much and even if she could have read his mind easily, she hadn't. Her own had been too occupied with other thoughts to bother prying and seeing what he meant when he relayed for her to 'get ready' several hours ago.

Well ... probably nothing as fancy as the theater premiere outing ... but nothing casual either.

Nodding to herself, Fayth finally opened her closet and began slowly browsing through the variety of dresses she owned. A smile crossed her face as she found what looked like the perfect choice, covering the matching bra and underwear set she'd been clad in.

While still standing in front of a large vanity mirror, Fayth grabbed her brush and began running through her hair to smooth it out. A slight frown crossed her face. Suddenly, she felt .. plain. Fayth hadn't really bothered with jewelry before. Granted, it had never been needed. Still, it didn't make her feel any less bland. Even if it was just a necklace, she felt like she needed something adorning her skin.

"Maybe later," she muttered, tucking the idea away into the back of her head.

Even after brushing her hair, Fayth still didn't feel satisfied. The annoying sensation of looking too simple was still bothering her.

Ponytail? No, fuck no. Goddamnit ... Fuyu was always better with doing cosmetic stuff.

A defeated sigh passed her lips as resigned herself to leaving her hair down. Right as her hand lowered to grab her blindfold, the knock Morningstar reminded her about was finally heard. "Almost!" she called back, taking one last look around the room. After slipping into a pair of sandals, the cloth went back over her eyes, causing the illusionary set to vanish once more.

Well ... here goes everything and nothing.

Slowly, Fayth pivoted so she would be facing Jack when he walked inside.

"Okay. You can come in, now."

Jack had no real idea about the condition Yuna was in, nor that Fayth was thinking about the woman; with everything that happened recently, he was trying to focus on the here and now. Granted, his mind did wander occasionally to how the people at the overrun Facility were faring; he'd heard Goodwin talking with more of the field officers that there was still no viable way of getting into the place.

Just what they had done to it, he had no way to fathom it. Jack, in the meantime, just waited until Fayth would give him the all-clear, not knowing the extent of the conversation between her and Morningstar. He still didn't like that a fallen angel was currently playing houseguest to Fayth's body; it seemed...unnatural. But then again, what was natural in a world where the dead returned seeking vengeance, where a power spanning tens of thousands of years was suddenly bequeathed unto them seemingly at random?

Jack knew Rex had explained it was passed down through lineage...But even that didn't seem like a good explanation. How did this power know when to manifest? What did this 'Dragon Star' want with them? There were still unknowns, and much as he'd accepted having to fight these 'Dark Signers' blind...It still bothered him.

Taking a breath to clear his head, he then stepped in and found a very welcome distraction from the otherwise negative thoughts. It wasn't overtly sexual...But aside from the gown she wore to the Atlas Rising premiere, there was nothing he'd seen her in that revealed as much as it did so tastefully. And if Fayth didn't happen to hear the swallow he made from laying eyes on her, she would definitely hear the faltering in his voice as it almost immediately died in his throat.

"If only you could look on him with your powers, dear Fayth...You would be proud of how speechless you've made him, hahaha." Morningstar would then say in her head, going immediately silent as Jack finally was able to speak again after a second or two of stunned silence, "You look good, Fayth. Very appropriate for where we're going; it's nothing too fancy, but it's a bit higher end than most other establishments." She more than fit the bill for 'fitting attire', even if the place had no formal dress code.

Escorting her down the stairs, her arm entwined with his, they would soon find themselves driven to the Blazing Horizon Steakhouse, the interior quite luxurious but welcoming to people from most walks of life. The second story held tables with a seaside view of the bay, not facing the Satellite so as not to offend the experience of the restaurant's snootier patrons; even so, it was quite breathtaking, especially since the day was clear and bright.

The sun warm but not unbearably so, able to dance its embrace on the pair's bodies before they would be enclosed in a comfortably conditioned front of house. Soft music playing to help enhance the ambience, the gentle patter of voices and clinking of glasses from newer arrivals toasting filling the air.

"Reservation for Jack Atlas plus one." he would say; he wanted to reserve his usual table, so he had called ahead and made preparations. The maitre'd, a middle-aged man with salt-and-pepper hair neatly combed, stood dressed in a stylish and fitting suit as he flipped through a small book to look up the names. "Ah yes, Jack Atlas. Right this way please." the man replied, possessing a bit of a posh English accent as they would be led up the stairs to the second level; unknown to either of them, the man had seen how Fayth walked, and from the blindfold it was easy to determine she was blind. And this had certainly drawn attention to them; a few men raised their brows seeing the former Duel King with the girl that the reigning Duel Queen had publicly exalted.

Other still seemed rather jealous of Fayth, having wanted to get a chance at the man themselves but kept themselves silent out of respect for Jack. Soon, Jack would help Fayth be seated, pulling the chair out for her and helping her scooch back in once situated.

"Our main menu and our lunch specials for the sir and madam" he then said, leaning down a bit so as not to broadcast Fayth's 'ailment' to the others. "I hope it's not too forward of me, young lady, but I provided one in Braille for you." Standing back up, he would then say "A server will be with you momentarily. I will be by to check on your meal later. Please enjoy your time at the Blazing Horizon."

Jack looked over more of habit than anything; he'd eaten here enough times that he knew the mainstays and their specials rather intimately. "So...Hope you don't mind a change of venue; fun as it is having Mister Evans service us, figured a change of surroundings would be fun." Jack then said, now a bit more comfortable being alone with her.

And in a way it was rather nice; he didn't know how much longer they could enjoy these sorts of luxuries before they were called into battle. And with how bad things were getting...Well, he at least wanted Fayth to have one special day where someone or something wasn't gunning for her.

"They have some good options here; nothing overly ridiculous, but it's a far better grade of beef than you'll find in other establishments. I'd recommend the filet mignon myself; it's one of my favorites" Jack then said, hoping that he could somehow initiate the conversation without making an ass of himself.

For almost anyone else, the sound of someone anxiously gulping would very likely have been missed. But not for Fayth. And in instances like these? It was more of a blessing than a curse. The single bit of noise was enough to give a hint of what Jack thought of her dress selection. Any doubts she may have had were quickly removed by Morningstar as he internally spoke up. Although she tried - God help her did she ever - poor Fayth felt a bit of crimson paint her face despite the attempt to avoid blushing.

Thankfully, it could be passed off as Fayth simply guessing Jack's reaction. She was on a similar page with him about having someone else in her head. But with Morningstar not giving Fayth any real reasons to worry about him existing, she had no reason to drive him out, either.

... Was that even doable?

Fayth quickly dismissed that curiosity as her attention went to Jack, knowing he was standing - and possibly staring - in front of her.

"Thank you. I'm glad this wasn't too much for whatever you have planned."

Fayth almost continued her original train of thoughts, which would have been more of a rant. But since he wasn't asking how she knew what she'd gotten dressed in, she kept that secret to herself. Even prior to having aid from Morningstar, Fayth did have her own method. It was a bit riskier than using these powers, of course, but it tended to work out more than not.

One of these days ... yes. I'll let him ...

Were it not for the 'unnatural' feeling that came with having Morningstar residing in her mind, Fayth would have felt more confident about informing Jack she could see again, even if only for a brief period of time. There just hadn't been a time where it felt 'right' to reveal that secret. Admittedly, here and now was very close, but ... something held her back. Not just her fear and insecurities, but those definitely played a part, yes.

Fayth was snapped back to reality as she registered the feeling of her arm linking with Jack's, managing to take note of what he had uttered so far.

"So ... we're going to a restaurant? Is that what you have in mind?"

Somewhere public. That was all Fayth needed to realize for her nervousness to kick in more so. It was true that she had been at that one coffee shop with Jack. But that was when he'd still been King and she had simply been herself. Which thus meant a nobody to much of anyone in the Tops, or even the Satellite. But her status had drastically changed since the Fortune Cup. With Fayth knowing there were nosy reporters trying to create lies about them, and they were heading to a rather elegant place?

... Yeah, that made all of the butterflies in her stomach flutter that much quicker.

The sensations only got that much stronger as they entered the restaurant and Fayth easily heard how quiet it seemed to get the moment Jack relayed he was here. Eyes were definitely on the both of them; she didn't need to use her powers to know that much. And there were perhaps a few more lingering sets of eyes on her more so than Jack.

There was next to no doubt in Fayth's mind the Fortune Cup was causing this scene to be that much more intense. She was no longer just a random face. For many individuals, Fayth was the runner-up. For those who had a more extreme line of logic, some may even think of her as 'the next in line' should Ling be forced to give her title up for any rhyme or reason ... though she doubted it worked quite like that.

Her head shook.

You're letting it get to you again ... not now. He's trying to do something incredibly sweet. Pay attention.

"No, no," she reassured the waiter. "On the contrary, I appreciate the initiative you took. Thank you."

Despite having been lost in her thoughts for quite a while, her body did everything on its own. Moving, sitting upon hearing Jack pull her seat out, everything. It would only be obvious to Jack she had even been distracted just because he knew her best among all of the people sitting and eating within this restaurant.

A small smile adorned Fayth's face as she moved her head from side to side.

"I agree. The change is nice. How ... I mean .... "

After taking a few seconds to word her question in a sincere but not-overly-bitchy - or at least hoping it wouldn't come off that way - manner, Fayth nodded before continuing with her inquiry.

"Don't you ever get restless staying inside that mansion for so long? I know I was beginning to a bit, though that may be partially due to ... certain events."

Her grin widened as Jack went on to offer a recommendation.

"It's honestly been a very long time since I've had a really good steak. And filet mignon tends to be one of my favorites anyway, so ... I'll probably take you up on that offer."

Slowly, Fayth began moving her fingers along the menu, tucking everything into her head. At the same time, her mind was racing. She found herself unsure what to say ... at least without risking sounding ungrateful. The one topic Fayth knew for damn sure to avoid ... was what they would have to do soon enough. Their so-called 'task' Fate had seemed to give them.

"You know ... maybe we should see about trying to get more often while we have the time and opportunities? This does feel nice."

Save for the stares, but Fayth would otherwise live. It was one of those unfortunate things that she was used to.

Jack had naturally assumed with her being blind that she had her own system, and maybe was just feeling a bit more confident than usual; she did do that little stunt in front of Kiryu, after all. And talked back to the Director after he admitted his mistake, though he wasn't sure that was the wisest idea. Despicable as his actions were, he also seemed to be making an effort...But what was done was done, and they were here now.

"I hadn't much thought about it, to be honest; it was my own little world up there." he would say at first, adding "Besides, when I was still the Champion, I actually didn't spend as much time in there as I do now. Whether it was a book signing, a Duel, or even a commercial taping, I was almost always doing something. It's going to be interesting to see how Ling responds to the pains and benefits of stardom."

He of course wished nothing but the best for her; he just hoped she didn't feel overwhelmed by the inevitable swarm of interested agencies wanting to use her likeness to promote their products or services. And hoped she knew she could reach out to him if she felt stuck about something; many people thought him a meathead duelist, but he'd had his share of experience dealing with sponsors and sometimes handled his own affairs when talking deals.

And she might also get a lot of unexpected packages, especially free promotion products for her to test. Shaking his head, he then added, "Regardless...One thing I'm definitely going to do is try to live for myself a little more." Giving a small chuckle, he then added, "And once this is all over, I may even see about challenging Ling to a rematch."

He certainly sounded confident about getting this 'Dark Signer' business without issue, even if he knew deep down it was the furthest thing from the truth.

This could get very ugly, so it went without saying that Jack was going to try things he hadn't done before, experience places he'd never visited before...In case his end came around. It was a somber but sobering thought, to live without regrets in the face of total annihilation. Letting out a small sigh, they would then be approached by their server, filling their waters and taking their order; she was a friendly young woman, a smattering of freckles across her nose with her long crimson locks done up into a professional and clean bun.

To start, Jack ordered a bowl of the french onion soup (and a shrimp cocktail for the two to share), and knew already what he was going to get: The "Neo Domino" Strip, their signature take on the New York Strip steak.

Once their order was taken, the server would then bow politely and leave the two alone once more. This was nice; he'd have to see what else they could do. This was a place he was familiar with...But he should try going somewhere where he wasn't familiar with. Like one of the parks; thinking back, he never did just sit at the park like he'd seen people do. He'd always thought it beneath him, a waste of time when he was trying to improve his strength.

Yeah...That sounded nice, and if Fayth would want to come along with him? That would be even better.

"I did have a question though Fayth: What are your plans after this...I mean, once everything is said and done. Will you and Fuyu...You know, go back home?" he then asked her; and if she listened closely, there was just a hint in his tone that was quite clearly telling her "I hope you don't, I would miss if you did".

Once this was all over .... how would that end up coming to a close, anyway? There would be a huge difference between knowing what Fayth was hoping for, and yet what some part of her was, even if only partially, expecting. The honest to gods truth, though, was ... well, she had justified reasons to have a dark fear that 'the worst case scenarios' very well may end up being how this would end. The weight of the world was literally on her, Jack's, Yusei's, Crow's, a pair of preteens', and Aki's shoulders.

Even if they were all great duelists, all it would take was one fuck-up .... and ....

She refused to think on what would happen should they fail in a fight against a Dark Signer. Kiryu had basically spelled it out already, but it was still something Fayth didn't wish to dwell on.

"That sounds good. I think I may try to live for myself also. It's ... odd not being a soldier more or less, but a bit of a relief all things considered."

She would never start to lose her loyalty towards Fuyu or Reiji. But with all she had been feeling and experiencing as of late, especially since entering this dimension? A break was greatly appreciated, particularly during times like now when she was on yet another invisible timer. She was only seventeen, after all.

You only have one life to live .... well, you're supposed to, anyway ...

Her head shook again, a slight grimace appearing as she temporarily thought back to discovering her 'other' self. If her nightmares as of late hadn't been about Yuna, it was typically about that same night. Had she died happily? Not likely ... but it didn't stop her from hoping otherwise. Had she lived a relatively full life ... ??

Yeah. It was definitely for the best she hadn't felt that part of the grave. She only traced far enough to confirm Kiryu hadn't made an incredibly fucked-up lie to her. Other details, though? It was for the best those had stayed and remained buried, more likely than not.

Thankfully, the waitress returning helped Fayth's focus return. Moving a few strands away, she ordered a green tea, Caesar salad with grilled chicken, and kept to her original thoughts by sticking with a filet mignon. However, she wasn't so hungry that Fayth felt obligated to get the largest size. So she got the medium eight ounce steak. It seemed like a fair enough compromise; this way, she was being honest with herself. Simultaneously, she wasn't feeling too guilty about ordering too much ... even though this had been Jack's idea.

It was more out of habit than knowing the waitress bowed her head, but Fayth mimicked the action as the young woman left.

And then ... a new topic was brought up. Home, specifically, and if she'd ever return there. Her hands gently tucked under her chin as Fayth contemplated on Jack's answer.

"Ultimately," she finally began to say, "The real answer is going to depend on a few things. If anyone can ever be sent over to see about fixing my disk, for one. But two - and this is the main one - if it's bad enough that I need to return."

Her eyebrows furrowed as she continued, "It'll be nothing short of a miracle for Reiji to give me consent to remain, but if I can? I definitely will."

Finally, a weak but earnest smile managed to appear. "However, with A needing to happen first ... we can't simply assume I'm leaving anytime soon. So until we know otherwise? Assume I'm here to stay. That's probably the best mindset to keep." A low chuckle finally elicited from Fayth as she softly confessed, "This ... location most definitely did give me quite the negative first impression originally. But I can't deny that frankly? Even with all of the ... less-than-pleasant factors and people I've run into, I have become quite fond of here. So I'm kinda hoping not to have to worry about turning my back and leaving, too. It's definitely not just you wishing for such a thing."

The last line revealed she had detected the subtle but still audible tune in Jack's voice that was seeming to pray she didn't have to leave his side anytime soon. Or ... was there more to it than that?

Either way, she dropped her own hint that his real message had been heard and responded to well enough, even if not perfectly.

Jack didn't reply to the soldier comment; they would all have to battle at some point, but when? This is what they were, so why wait until the Dark Signers make the first move? Rex seemed to know a lot about them, hell he even admitted the leader was his brother. Which struck him as odd.

If they were that much of a threat, then shouldn't they follow through? Why wouldn't they attack? Kiryu's actions proved they knew they were disorganized. Why were they waiting? What good could be gained from allowing them to get their affairs in order, head into battle without regrets or fears?

But then again...If those things could resurrect people like that, and allow them to silence people - literally silence people - then gods only knew what other feats they were capable of. He didn't want to think about it, and maybe it was best he didn't. After all this was a time where they should be enjoying the things they normally did.

Regardless, the smile on his face and the slight tinge on his face would reveal that he'd gotten her hint, but since she couldn't see him at the moment, he then said, "Glad to know I'm not the only one feeling that way. And admittedly...I didn't exactly give you the warmest welcome when you first got here. Was kind of a jerk in the beginning." He didn't bring up that he allowed her to be imprisoned; that was no one's business but their's, plus it went without saying that he could have done something.

And in truth, it was something he wanted to rectify more completely. But, that would come with time....Hopefully.

"Well...If Reiji is half as smart as he looks, I get the feeling that if he did need you back badly enough, he would do so. Thankfully whatever situation is happening, he seems to have a handle on it." Jack then said; in truth, part of him also wanted to make sure she would make through this to be able to return home...Or stay with him.

However, their order would come back soon enough, their appetizers and drinks coming out first, Fayth's salad placed in front of her with the shrimp cocktail placed in the square middle. "Apologies for the delay, we're a little behind on the tickets. Your steaks should be out momentarily." the same waitress would say, Jack just smiling, "It's quite alright; appreciate the notice, though." And after another polite bow, the waitress left them alone once more.

"Have to say though...I'm actually kind of liking not being the Duel Champion anymore. Everywhere I went, there was always people wanting an autograph or a picture. Now...I'm just here, enjoying a lunch date with a good friend. It's...definitely quieter." he would then add as he took one of the shrimp, tasting the tang of the sauce and the slightly salty, 'sea-y' flavor of the shrimp. "I just hope Ling can handle it alright; there were some days where the attention...was just too much."

Only kind of?

The smirk that spread over Fayth's lips spelled out what had echoed in her head. No sense in pushing on that matter any further; however, she wouldn't hold back from teasing him a bit with that response. She just wouldn't unnecessarily rub salt in that proverbial wound, especially when he'd taken the time and effort to apologize. And to help prove he wouldn't need to worry about that topic much longer?

She shrugged and pointed to herself.

"Justified or otherwise, I was a bit of a bitch. So ... I'd say we're even now."

With Fayth's ears having picked up on some customers in the younger age range, her voice lowered upon uttering the blunt curse word. But she otherwise didn't make an effort to change her response. It was the truth, so why mince words? Granted, that was also a bit of Yuna's mannerisms rubbing off from when they'd been cell mates, but frankly?

It felt good to just get any and everything off her chest without worrying about etiquette, protocol, or other similar concerns Fayth would normally have to stop and think about.

A gentle chuckle resounded as Reiji was brought up. "Eerily so, yeah. His mom is technically in charge of LDS, but ..." Her words trailed off as Fayth took a moment to determine how to word the next part before finally revealing it, "Well ... let's put it this way. No one says it aloud, but a good chunk of the students acknowledge Reiji as more of the CEO than Himika-san. But for now ..."

Fayth slowly nodded, stopping yet again. But this time, with a new train of thought entering her head.

Should she convince Fuyu to head back?

Maybe. She was out of the prison now, and that had been one of the reasons Fuyu had been sent over. As much as she wanted to believe everything was fine, there was that nagging part of Fayth's head which made her unable to help but worry it was the exact opposite. She definitely wouldn't put it past Reiji to try to keep as much information to himself ... all in order to keep her from over-worrying.

He'd always been that way with her. Very brotherly-like despite them not having any blood relations. Suffice to say, it got stronger after Sora opted to blind her. He tried to put literally any and everyone else up on his priority list first, with himself at the very bottom.

On any other day, it'd be a noble gesture. But knowing chaos and discord were in both this dimension and her own? It could be foolish in the long run.

Nodding at her idea and tucking it away, her mouth opened ... only to hear the waitress return.

"Yes, ma'am. Thank you for the notice."

She would wait for the woman to walk away before muttering, "For now? It probably is fine enough, I suppose."

Of course, those last few words were uttered in a tone that implied she wasn't completely certain about what she'd said; however, she was making an effort to give all of her attention to Jack and only - well, mostly - him.

After ensuring her napkin was in her lap, she grabbed her fork and began eating her salad. After a few bites, her head moved up and down, a smile reappearing as she continued to take bites of her appetizer.

"This is really good so far."

Not that the meals back at Jack's mansion hadn't been. But this had a certain flavor that was different. Likely from the spices ... or maybe even something else completely. Fayth couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was; she just knew there was definitely something unique about the food from this restaurant.

"I'll admit, that is perhaps one reason I'm fine with Ling beating me. I don't think I'd handle it well, if at all. I'd probably snap or get annoyed too quickly. It just wouldn't go well for me in the long run. Indeed, hopefully Ling will be able to handle all the fame that comes with being the new Dueling Queen."

And before she could double-check if the next inquiry was a wise one to ask or not ... it ended up leaving her lips anyway.

"Is there anything else you've never done but have wanted to? I was wondering about doing something else after we finished here, perhaps?"

"If you want to, that is. Gods, Fayth, the hell is wrong with you? Don't assume you know him. Isn't just going to a fancy place like this already a lot as it is?"

Well .. too late to take it back now. A slightly flushed Fayth grabbed her cup of green tea, downed a sip, then went back to eating her salad.

Jack just smirked as she called herself a bit of a bitch; true as that may have been...Well, they'd both fucked on their first meeting. But he supposed it couldn't really be helped; he was who he was, and they were past it now. "I feel the same way, but I'm still going to try and not be so closed-minded in the future." He knew Fuyu was still around; thankfully, she seemed to trust him enough. Plus she didn't seem the type to just leave her friend, no she was far too loyal.

He did wonder if she was doing alright though.

"So, Reiji's some kind of wonder-child then. You must like him a lot." Jack teased; honestly, he wouldn't be surprised if she did. The few times she brought him up, she spoke rather highly of him, even if it wasn't in the cliche fangirl way like his own fans had done.

But with that, their main courses arrived; the meal was eaten in silence. And thankfully, none of the other patrons seemed to acknowledge them anymore. Though one young boy, probably no less then eight years old, did come in and say out loud, "Look mommy, it's King Atlas! And Angel Fayth!" And while the title wasn't technically his anymore, all he could do was just smile and give the boy a wave, something that made the boy laugh as the parents guided him away, advising their child politely to not interrupt someone's meal.

Once finished, Jack paid the tab and left a usual generous tip - the servers here were always friendly and never really bothered them unless they looked like they needed something.

"So Fayth, I'm betting your wardrobe is probably a bit thin. Obviously I'm no expert in women's fashion, but I figured since we don't have much else to do, could probably help you get some newer clothes. If you'd like that is." Jack then offered, keeping his voice down enough to not broadcast to everyone what they were doing. Both to preserve modesty and as well as genuinely just offer to take her somewhere.

"Wonder-child?" Fayth repeated, accompanied by a few giggles soon after hearing the same word uttered from her own lips. "That's certainly a new term. Most others tend to use 'prodigy', but ... that's still not wrong. I ... well, yes. As a younger sister of sorts."

The last few words plus the difference in her and Reiji's surname would likely give away what she hadn't said out loud. They weren't blood siblings, obviously. However, they had become as close as if they were pretty quickly, and the bond most certainly got stronger after she lost her sight. It was definitely not her happiest thing to mentally acknowledge; but she was grateful nonetheless. Bonds were one of the few things that had kept everyone fighting and morale from disappearing altogether. Everyone was clinging onto faith, maintaining trust with one another, and so much more.

And now ... she found herself missing home. Somewhat, anyway. At least to the point where some part of her would be fine returning, even if only for one day.

Were it not for the fact her dimension had its own Jack Atlas there? Fayth would gladly offer for him to accompany her.

"It's not like I don't like you ..."

But before she could speak her mind, their food arrived. It was a double-edged sword; good in some regards, annoying in others. But for now? She viewed it as a more positive thing, frankly. Even if she did find it in her to say something like that, it'd probably be a bit too bold. Her hormones had already confused her enough as it was, anyway; first with Yusei, a few times in the past with Reiji, now with Jack.

Should you not just .... give up on those thoughts?

It was moments like this which convinced her not to do so, though. It was probably reckless ... definitely a bit - probably very - dangerous considering they weren't done dealing with the Dark Signers and this ... unnatural 'conflict' that had all but surrounded them. But surely ... when this was all over ... it wasn't the worst thing to hope for. Was it? That maybe she could actually try to be happy with someone?

Assuming he wanted that back, of course. There would be no point in pursuing such a thing if it was just something only Fayth desired.

Her head would lift soon after Jack spoke. Thankfully, she finished her own meal by then, and was thus able to give Jack all of her attention as he offered to take her out for some extra clothes.

"It's ... not quite as dire as it could be. But you're not wrong, either. It kinda is getting a bit low, yes so ... sure."

Her volume would match his. Not just because no one needed to know, but on the rare chance any other nosy reporters were around. They'd had enough issues with that one woman ... whomever had tried to print off stories about them. No sense in grabbing unwanted attention, regardless of whether it was intentional or otherwise.

Fayth stood up, linking her arm with Jack's.

They wouldn't need to wait long for the car to arrive. A gentle tug indicated it was the correct vehicle, and that by itself helped Fayth move forward and get inside. What she - and very likely Jack - wouldn't expect was a ring to echo.

Few things had been brought along with Fayth. One was the source of the noise; her cell phone. And given the main people who called this line were Reiji or anyone from her dimension ... a concerned look immediately spread over her face. Even if she could see the number on the screen, she wouldn't have given herself much time to try to discern if she could recognize it or not.

"Hello?" Fayth answered, placing the phone against her ear.

"Fayth Milner, right? This is Eikichi ... "

And then ... it dawned on him. They hadn't properly met, which made him lowly curse.

"Let me backtrack since we never crossed paths. You have, however, met my brother. Hajime, I believe?"

Fayth nodded, "Correct, I have. So ... you're another comrade of Yuna's then?"

"I am. With that being said and done ... what, if anything, do you know of her state so far?"

Fayth subconsciously gulped. Gods, this wasn't the type of call she was already starting to assume, was it?

Please don't you dare say it. Don't tell me Morningstar was right about those visions ...

Her teeth latched onto her lower lip briefly before she moved her head from side to side and gave Eikichi her reply, "Nothing ... definite. I have had odd dreams, admittedly, but ... I don't know if they even mean anything."

" ... Interesting. Well ... she's ... "

There was another pause, and that alone damn well nearly made Fayth curse out loud and demand Eikichi finish his sentence. Luckily, she didn't need to wait much longer for him to reveal Yuna's state, "Still fighting. But it at least seems like she's trying to wake up."

"Wake up? So ... she's not ..."

"No. But she's gotten very close a few times."

Finally, Fayth felt as if a massive boulder had been pushed off her shoulders. She let out a loud, audible sigh of relief as her head plopped against the back of the seat. Her eyelids closed under the blindfold as her muscles visibly began to relax. "Thank you ... truly. That actually means a lot to hear because ... my mind's been trying to insist she's been gone, and that's ... not really something I want to dwell on. I ... may not have known her as well as you or the others, but still ... "

"It's actually because of the tie you two have created that I'm calling. Like I said, she is still alive ... even if barely. But one thing we've been told ... is having those who care for her to be nearby. I know that probably sounds a bit odd, but honestly? We're willing to try just about anything. She's been in this comatose state for way too long now. And with ... other things threatening to make the rest of our morale go away? We literally can't lose her. I'm only going to offer this once because ... it's not something to take lightly. So before you answer, I implore you to think long and hard about what I'm about to ask."

She'd hear Eikichi take a breath ... then speak up again.

"Do you even want to come over? You may be without sight, but ... it's probably going to feel ... uncomfortable. Me and the others will deal with ... the other factors. Don't worry about those for now. Just know there's a lot more than Yuna's presence - lack of, you could argue - that will probably make this an incredibly uneasy visit. Just the simple fact of where we are, as well as knowing you have a past with the old Facility ... I wouldn't blame you if that by itself is enough to decline. So if any of this will make you want to leave the moment you arrive, say so now."

He was not wrong. Fayth had hoped to meet Yuna in a more 'middle-ground' type of area solely because of where they'd opted to take over.

But ... if this was a free chance to finally see for herself she was alive, even if not necessarily well?

An almost apologetic look was flashed over to Jack as Fayth firmly nodded. "I'll definitely be there. Although .... may I know what you mean when you say 'other factors'?"

"With all due respect? You'll kind of hear when you arrive. Don't worry though; they listen to Hajime."

They?

Well ... if her curiosity hadn't been grabbed yet, now it definitely had.

"W-Wait, how are we supposed to meet you, exactly? The pipeline is -- "

"We know. One of Hotsuma's guys took the time and effort to make a boat. We've been using that to get around when needed. It's actually how Hajime and the others were able to attend the Fortune Cup. We'll meet you at the pier at ... say ... ten tomorrow morning?"

"Deal. I'll definitely be there ... plus perhaps with another guest."

"Very well. We'll see you tomorrow."

As Fayth hung up, her head turned to look at Jack .. knowing fully well he was beside her, before lowering to the floor. "Sorry, but I ... that's been one of the few things plaguing me the past few nights. I'm not gonna make you agree to join me. But while that offer's there? I'd be a fool to say no."

Jack led her slowly out of the restaurant, coming down from the second level; this time, there was a slightly different crowd on the first level. And no one gave them unwelcome stares or comments, just a few cursory glances in their direction. Something he was thankful for; honestly, after this was over, he would see about trying to live a more normal life...At least until he was able to win his title back. He wasn't sore at Ling for beating him or anything; no, she'd more than earned her title. Even so, he would challenge her at some point when she was good and ready.

He then led her outside, letting them both feel the sun on their skin as they got to the car, Jack directing the driver to take them to the Central Shopping District. He was about to ask Fayth what she liked to wear when the conversation took an abrupt turn. He couldn't help but listen in, the volume through the phone's speaker enough to allow him understanding of bits and pieces. This was about Yuna was it? His violet hues peered at Fayth as she talked; she'd mentioned once or twice about wanting to visit this Yuna.

And truth be told, he was kind of curious to see this place; there'd been times he overheard Godwin mentioning a place called 'Yomi'. And considering he'd seen Yuna alive in his own home, he wondered what the situation could be that they would call her about. Must be something serious.

'The pipeline is...'

That confirmed it in his mind; she was being asked to go see Yuna, but the trash pipeline was under heavier guard now, and had checkpoints along the outside of its length. Too many people had used it, so Goodwin ordered it closed off completely while any maintenance was performed. Something that should have been done in the first, but it was never expected a group or groups would use it so freely.

And when Fayth hung up, Jack just waited for her to speak if and when she would want to. She had implied he might be coming along; well, it at least wasn't the same fault she'd committed before about including him on things he didn't care to do. "Is the fool comment directed at me? Or you?" Jack then asked, a light teasing tone in his voice that could be missed if she wasn't paying particular attention to the inflection in his voice.

"In truth, I've been kind of curious about this Yuna; her little community has kept the Director up many a night for a while now. Honestly, I'm interested to see what they've done that's given him so much trouble." he would say; she did imply it would be okay for him to go along. "But, we'll discuss the specifics when we get back."

The shopping trip afterwards was no real splendor; sure the shopping space was nice, very clean and well presented. Every storefront looked like it belonged in a magazine, and nearly every one of them had been at one point or another. A product of the elevated wealth of the Tops. Fans of 'Celeste Belrose' even approached her, asking for either an autograph or a picture; apparently Ling's speech promoting her in the Fortune Cup had helped elevate her status as well. No one of course knew she was actually blind, figuring it to be part of her visage.

Though no one actually voiced these thoughts to her, in case she actually was. No, aside from the fans the trip to collect clothes was uneventful, and soon the duo returned to the house. They would spend the rest of the afternoon by themselves, only joining each other once dinner was ready before calling it night. Over the course of dinner, he and his new companion would discuss where they would be meeting; to think they'd used a boat. Even Jack had to admit he was impressed; but then again, he remembered his time in the Satellite.

You had to get creative to survive over there, even after they formed Team Satisfaction; part of him wondered if he would run into Yusei or Crow while he was there. Unlikely, as Crow would be watching over Rua and Ruka, Goodwin having them moved to avoid being targeted.

Fayth seemed a tad troubled, but he did not press the issue; no he figured he would learn what he needed going with her tomorrow. He did have to wonder though...What had happened? There was a lot going on; was it because the Dark Signers were on the move? No, there was more to it than that...

Little did Jack know though, just how right he was; if Morningstar's presence was new to him, then what he would encounter at Yomi would definitely shake his worldview.

The next morning, he and Fayth would get up; this time instead of a personal driver, Jack opted to take a cab to where they needed to go. He did not allow his detail to follow him; last thing he wanted was to have some people who were just trying to survive be informed by the guards under Goodwin's supervision what and where this hideout was. As it was, Fayth was taking a huge chance in many ways.

The boat arrived, driven by an underling of one 'Hotsuma Oboro', though his eyes widened as he saw Jack Atlas and 'Celeste Belrose'. Turned out the young man - a scrappy kid with a slightly mussed green shirt, blue jeans and torn shoes, his red hair tousled and messy - was a fan of them both, and even asked for their autographs. Fairly pleasant way to start a boat ride; and to Jack's surprise it was in excellent condition, even if the wharf they boarded on wasn't.

The kid explained that Eikichi - the one Fayth talked to on the phone - would meet them at Yomi, going further to say he was sorry he couldn't meet them in person; they had to go over the details with the guards of their base to expect visitors. A fact that worried Jack some more; what kind of security did they have? This was technically a criminal underground, so if they were big enough they could get some serious muscle.

When they got there, Jack was given a Runner, one they apparently had to spare; apparently it belonged to their boss, and someone named 'Hajime' had given them permission to use it for the duration of their stay. Jack rode on the provided Runner, one that was a pale red and looking slightly beat-up, with Fayth while their guide rode his own. It was a fairly smooth ride; Jack remembered there used to be Sector Security officers roaming everywhere; where were they now? It was eerily quite.

And soon Jack would get a good scene why: The main entrance to the Facility had been fortified heavily. Guard turrets lined the perimeter, as did spotlights...But most of all was a huge sign in glowing neon just saying "YOMI". Seemed whoever was here had no lack of confidence; but then again, with the Facility itself as a base, how could they be worried. Though that wasn't the only thing, soon both Jack and Fayth would get a rather shocking surprise.

"You...Celeste...You are the one Eikichi said would be arriving...Is he your plus one?"

Jack's eyes widened as they were approached by no less than a dozen...Demons. Demon Soldiers, he remembered the card's artwork clearly. "But...How?" Jack said, completely lost as to how this happened. "Surprised? Heh, humans never cease to amuse me. You can relax, however; within these walls you are under the same protection as the other residents. Our Lord gave us strict orders to protect the people in these walls with our lives, and I can assure we do not fail in that regard." he would say, the other Demon Soldiers growling in agreement.

"Are you...actually real?" Jack then asked; probably a stupid question, but even this wasn't something someone could be believe to be real. Soon however, Jack would see an even bigger surprise: A Demon Commander escorting what appeared to be a purple-haired male coming towards them. "Aside, soldiers!" the titanic cloaked demon barked, his voice gravely and harsh; immediately they parted, allowing the Commander and the human he was escorting unrestricted passage.

Last edited:

A slight bit of crimson appeared on Fayth's cheeks as she quickly moved her head from side to side. "N-no. Just myself. I meant it when I said I would be a fool to not take the offer up. I ... don't like speaking for others, even if I know them really well enough to gauge their usual responses. It's ... it's just been something I try to avoid."

The faintest of smiles would appear as Jack finally declared he'd come along. "I appreciate that a lot. Not that I don't trust anyone over there. But umm ... I just .... I kind of have a feeling an extra person nearby would be helpful."

And it wouldn't be until they met up again for dinner that Fayth at least hinted why she had been so quick to agree to Eikichi's offer. She would tell him about the nightmares that had been plaguing her since he'd found her in the cemetery. Both versions of Fayth, at that rate. She'd even let Jack know that Morningstar had insisted the visions were more than simply nightmares. They were - supposedly - premonitions.

"And that's exactly why I knew I had to ... because if she really isn't ... and being there may somehow help ... "

Her head moved from side to side.

"I can't just stay here. I know this is probably going to be incredibly grim and even more selfish. But compared to what I'd been fearing until now?" She firmly nodded. "I'll take that chance."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

And by the time the morning arrived, she knew for sure Fayth would use her powers. She'd finally muster the courage up to let Jack see she technically had the ability to regain her sight ... even if it was but a temporary blessing. She wasn't only agreeing to use her powers to be able to see Yuna for herself, either; no, she was doing this in order to finally be able to see Jack for herself.

Of course, none of that was admitted out loud. Not before nor during the boat ride.

Fayth was pleasantly surprised that the young man who drove the boat knew and asked for their autographs. Granted, the requests from the Tops had been nice in their own rights. But those weren't quite as amazing compared to hearing someone whom was likely from The Satellite ask for such a thing.

Then again ... this is also technically Jack's home, so ... maybe it's not that odd?

Perhaps. Compared to where Fayth had visited and lived, The Satellite was the area Fayth had been in a bit less. Not by much, but enough for Fayth to know she'd resided in the Tops for a lot longer since she was teleported to this dimension.

Once the boat came to a stop, Fayth would offer a polite bow of her head to the young man. She then reached out and grabbed onto Jack's sleeve, ensuring she didn't get lost. The walk, however, would prove to be very brief; evidenced by them soon being given a spare duel runner. Well ... that was unexpected, but definitely appreciated.

" ... Is it always this quiet?" Fayth asked while they were still in the motorcycle. "Or ... am I right to feel like this is ... a bit unnatural?"

Once more, Fayth would grab back onto Jack's sleeve, walking slowly and cautiously beside him. It was likely only a few minutes of walking, but it felt a bit more so. Finally, however, she would hear voices speak to them. But ... there was something .... off. They ... weren't exactly human?

Don't be stupid. That has to be a mistake.

Or .. was it? From what she heard with the exchange from Jack and these 'greeters' ... maybe it wasn't as crazy of a thought?

Hell, with everything else you've experienced ... there doesn't seem to be much of anything that's truly 'impossible' nowadays.

"He ... yes. He is my plus one. Jack? What ... do you mean, exactly?"

Already, she was getting more and more of an impression her gut instincts were likely right. Particularly upon hearing lines like 'Heh, humans never cease to amaze me'. What in the world was even going on?

Fayth's grip on Jack's arm tightened. She felt dizzy all of a sudden. Her head was spinning and some part of her couldn't help but wonder if this was a foolish idea. But it was way too late. She was already here and even though she couldn't deny she was nervous, her resolve hadn't dwindled either. What good would it do to turn her back on Yuna now when she was literally mere moments away from seeing her?

"Fayth ... thank you for agreeing to this."

Eikichi then turned his attention to Jack, merely offering him a polite nod. Unlike Hotsuma and most of the other Satellite residents, he didn't have the worst opinion of the former King. At worst? Yeah. He could - and had - been arrogant at times. But if he was here and willing to accompany Fayth to Yomi? He couldn't be that bad of an individual. Truthfully, he seemed to be even better now that he'd been dethroned.

Ahh, the irony in that thought.

Waving his hand aside and dismissing the thoughts, Eikichi looked between all of the demons.

"At least two of you ... go back to your posts. They're not going to be trouble, and thus won't need many escorts."

Even with the blindfold on, Eikichi could practically feel Fayth's confusion. Regardless of whether Jack had hinted what she was hearing or not, Eikichi would reveal those answers to the young woman himself.

"You probably know about Hotsuma and Yuna's ... coerced stay at Arcadia, yes?"

"Briefly, but yes. She did mention it last she dropped by and saw me."

"Well ... it gave them both quite a lot of capabilities. One that Hotsuma managed to figure out on his own was .... conjuring and manifesting cards. So, what you're hearing? They're demons. Demon Soldiers to be precise."

"He ... what?"

Eikichi merely nodded, "What they told you is true. As long as you're with us and not against us, nothing bad will come to anyone. At worst, there have been a few ... impatient and rogue ones, though those are more with ... other instances. Not so much visitors or people outside of Yomi."

Oi, Morningstar? Is this all true?

Why not use your vision now to see for yourself?

An internal scoff echoed in her head.

You know exactly why. I have that timer that'll activate as soon as I use my powers.

Heh. Fair enough. Yes, girl; he speaks the truth. It's quite the sight to behold, if I dare say so myself.

That made Fayth scoot just a bit closer to Jack. She didn't know if these demons had any clue she used angels ... but she didn't really want to take any risks. Especially upon hearing that, apparently, some had acted out.

"So umm ... you hinted she's ... comatose? Do I ... " Fayth's head shook. Even if some part of her felt like she knew, she wanted to hear a confirmation. "What happened? She's ... not easy to put into such states, so ... it was a relief and yet horrifying to hear what you relayed to me over the phone."

Eikichi took a breath, running his left hand through his hair. He'd purposely wait until they finally walked inside the former Facility. He gave a nod to some of the demons that followed them in, indicating to go on and shut the doors for now. He then motioned for Jack to follow him, beginning to lead them to the room Yuna and Hajime had both been staying in.

"Kiryu. We had Hajime confirm it since he has his own Psychic powers, but ... we're relatively certain it was someone named Kiryu. Silver hair? Has marks indicating he's been incarcerated before? And ... he's with these Dark Signers, apparently. But ... he's why Yuna's like this. Since you were at the Fortune Cup, you no doubt heard about Takeshi being arrested, yes?"

After seeing Fayth nod via peripheral vision, Eikichi continued, "Well ... we discovered several days later that some of the Dark Signers broke him out of jail and abducted him. They have ways to possess people, and ... Yuna was forced to duel Takeshi. If that wasn't dangerous enough? Damage was made real."

By now, a few tears had subconsciously started falling down Fayth's face, a good chunk of them succeeding in sliding past the blindfold covering her eyes. "That bastard ..." she muttered, not able to know what more to say. Why? Why was he like this? It was becoming more and more difficult to believe he used to ever be a friend of Yusei's.

And at the same time ... it made her realize just how fortunate she'd been from all of the encounters Fayth had thus far when it came to Kiryu. In fact, it made her tremble. There was something that made her feel all the more sick in knowing that Kiryu was all but toying with her.

"S-so ... I get everything you've said thus far. But ... how ... was the damage that bad that it forced her into a coma?"

A pause lingered in the air. By the time Eikichi heard this question, they were outside the door. The spellcaster user simply wanted to reply to this before allowing them to walk inside.

"Mei-san would probably be able to relay that a bit better, as she's been the woman and doctor looking over her. But that's probably a small factor that is indeed contributing, yes. I think, though, shock was a part of that equation also. Honestly though? For a few minutes after Akiza and Takeshi returned with her? She ... was gone. Only for a few minutes ... but enough that for that duration, it was confirmed she was clinically dead."

His head shook.

"It was nothing short of a miracle Hajime was able to detect her pulse start up again. Could be as simple as she's too stubborn, even when pushed to her limits. But I doubt it's that simple. At the end of the day, Fayth ... there's as much we don't know about this mess. We just know ... that we literally can't lose her. Everyone's a wreck, particularly with Hotsuma having left since that evening and still not returning. Morale is borderline gone. If she goes ... "

Eikichi visibly frowned.

"None of us want to even start thinking of that. I'll leave it at that. Unfortunately ... she really has cut it close. Some days more so than others. Hajime has been staying with her basically since day one. Don't expect or ask him to leave. Otherwise? You're free to remain nearby Yuna."

"I .... I understand. Thank you."

This ... this wasn't real. It couldn't be. And yet ... she knew it was. Even before taking a step in the room, Fayth knew everything she'd heard was the brutal truth. Her head shook as a few more tears slowly fell down her face.

"I ... Jack? I'm sorry. But if I find him again .... I'm going to kill him if no one else has."

Hello again, you two. Good to see you both, though I sincerely wish it were under much better circumstances. As for your thoughts? Take a number and get in line, both Fayth and Jack would hear as they walked in, now being greeted by Hajime. Believe me ... we all want the same from that prick. We're trying to assume that's why Hotsuma hasn't returned; because he's seeking him out now. But ... tch. He could at least get in touch with one of his men to confirm it, even if not me.

Jack was still trying to process everything that was happening; this Hotsuma made cards...real? These Demon Soldiers were the same ones that he'd seen played in others' Decks? If that alone didn't unnerve him a bit, it was the next displays as they worked through the Facility. Some of the Demons that weren't on guard duty were in a makeshift ring, what appeared to be an old-style Dueling Platform, their swords clashing loudly as they fought against each other.

The Commander then spoke, "Nervous? Don't be; so long as I am around, these soldiers will not dare harm anyone who doesn't deserve it. Therefore, all you need do is not raise a hand against anyone." Jack already knew that, but at least so far they seemed to be sticking to their word; little did he know though, that each of the Demons could sense something within Fayth. While perhaps not to the point of being able to tell exactly who or what, they could sense a dark presence within her. One that was powerful, and was in part one reason the Soldiers - and one particular Trance Demon - kept their distance.

Jack also happened to notice the long tail on the Commander itself; he happened to hear a dragging sound and looked down, seeing the massive appendage behind him giving occasional waves and twitches. Weird, he didn't notice that on the artwork; but then again, few besides him bothered with Demons. "So...You guys are from Hotsuma then..." Jack asked, wanting to figure what they were. "

"Yes, his Lordship summoned us to protect this place. It is his castle and these are his allies. So long as we stand, this fortress shall not fall. The pathetic humans that want it back, those Lady Yuna and his Lordship stole it from, cannot match us." the Commander replied, his voice full of confidence.

It was here that Jack then paid attention to Fayth's and Eikichi's conversation; so Yuna was close to death then? What had happened really? Though as Fayth mentioned wanting to kill him, Jack just scoffed, "You'll likely earn Yusei's scolding for eternity if you do. Believe it or not, he was not nearly as bad as he is now; he and Yusei are extremely close, even if Kiryu seems to have forgotten that." Of course, Jack still thought Yusei was a damn fool for bothering so much to bring Kiryu back; these actions alone - combined with the crap he pulled while they were still Team Satisfaction - proved to Jack that the man was beyond saving.

"Needless to say, if the opportunity arises to crush him, Fayth....Well, you don't need me to tell you to take it." he would then say, finally arriving at the room where Yuna was being monitored. By her side was the bluenette, some kid with sandy blonde hair, and a doctor from the looks of it. The Demon Commander then excused himself, taking the rest of the soldiers with him; this was one area where only he was allowed inside, as directed by Hajime himself and only then it was to escort him and any residents that wished to see her.

"You must be the guests Hajime had to talk with our 'friends' about. I'm Mei." the woman would say, coming to shake both her and Fayth's hands. "Did you know Yuna?" she then asked, Jack shaking his head, "I've only met her once...But since she's a friend of Fayth's I thought I would come and check on her as well. Plus...Well, Goodwin's been kind of upset with the lot of you. Taking his prison put you pretty high on his blacklist." Mei laughed, "Afraid that wasn't my idea; from what Yuna told me before her crisis, Hotsuma masterminded the breakout and the take-over. Doesn't take a genius to figure out why he's called the Fiend of the Satellite, even before his ability to become a monster."

Jack paused, "Wait...He can...." It was here that Finlay then spoke, "Believe me, I can understand your surprise; I didn't know such a thing existed either. I've never seen it myself, but I'm told it's a terrifying sight." Jack looked over, seeing the young man surrounded by tomes and books, something that utterly confused the former King. "And...You are?" he asked, the young man just laughing, "Oh sorry, Finlay Cromwell. I'm a friend of one of Yuna's underlings...I'm trying to do what I can to help Yuna recover, but so far her coma is pretty deep. Yuna has the same power...Been trying to figure out how it triggers."

Jack then looked down at Fayth, wondering if the bond she held with Morningstar was anything similar; Finlay then said, "Apologies this is all so tense; everyone here's just trying to hang on. And no one, not even his own men, know where Hotsuma's gone. Yamichi, his number two, holds the same theory as Hajime: Whoever this Kiryu is, I hope Hotsuma finds him and kicks his ass."

No offense, Jack, but I was going to take my chance anyway, Fayth mentally replied. Even though the words rather easily left her lips, the truth was, it wasn't her preference. Not even with knowing Kiryu had tried - and was intending - to kill her if push really came to shove. Deep down, she just wasn't that kind of person. The angels weren't her first deck, but they were a pretty accurate portrayal of her personality. Still, it was true to admit, especially to herself, that Fayth definitely did not want to die ... let alone again.

So if avoiding that fate meant taking someone else's life ... she'd very highly consider doing so. Even with the risk of eternal scorn from a man she admired as much as Yusei.

It wouldn't be until after the demons left that all of the muscles in Fayth's body relaxed. Finlay's words, however, prompted her to finally speak up.

"She did hint something like that to me back when this was still The Facility. Something about being able to change. I think .... Rose was mentioned?"

Probably was.

At that hint, Hajime rose an eyebrow.

Yuna's not stupid on whom she relays any information to. So if she allowed you to hear what form she could take ... that's actually a good sign for me. Not that I had a reason to be completely suspicious, but it's ... a precaution. Still, if Yuna let you know that during your stay, very well. Yes though. To be more precise, Rose, Warrior of Revenge. The tuner monster with the same name is who she can become.

It was actually a very appropriate monster - or so that was Fayth's first thoughts. She shook her head. This wasn't the right time to be thinking petty thoughts. This thus led her back to the ambush in the cemetery. It had only been brief ... but she really swore that one Dark Signer had actually looked like Yuna. So ... had her eyes just played tricks, or ... ??

I'm sure I don't need to tell you what you need to do.

Fayth gripped down on her lower lip. It was true that she had wanted to muster up the courage to use that ability. But it was also something she would have preferred to do with ... a smaller audience. Unfortunately, that wasn't very likely to happen. Definitely not with Hajime; that had been made very clear from the get-go.

"Do you think you have an idea?"

Fayth let out a regretful sigh.

"I'd love to say yes, but ... I don't know if I can in good faith. It seemed like she needed to activate them on her own whim. Her changing is very different than my ... pact of sorts I have with Morningstar."

Now it was Eikichi's turn to raise an eyebrow. He'd thought he heard Judai musing over something about that during the Fortune Cup, but then he wondered if the lad was a bit insane. That hadn't sounded possible. Then again, how many seemingly impossible things were playing out before all of their eyes? Far too many.

"I would ask why you went that far, but ... I suppose you've already made that choice. Well ... hmmm. So he's ... "

Eikichi began to tap the side of his head, then remembered upon seeing the blindfold Fayth wouldn't be able to watch his gesture. "He's in your head, so to speak."

Fayth nodded. "That's the best way to say it, yes."

"Then ... do you think he can override this somehow?"

That made both Fayth and even Morningstar pause, although the latter let out an amused chuckle in Fayth's head.

Even if I could, why? You realize you're asking me to defy a lot of things. Death is all but standing beside you ... and thus waiting for Yuna to fade or slap him away. You would really ask me to go against something natural like Death?

Fayth's fists clenched tightly.

You know damn well this was a very unnatural thing! One that never should have happened! You'd really be fine with me leaving and just ... not trying anything?!

Morningstar was about to reply with a swift 'Of course' but, once again, he stopped. Naturally, his vessel didn't realize how stupid it would be for him to even attempt helping someone like Yuna out. Even from the slight distance between the two, he could feel and sense this girl's powers were about as unreal as her status. Were she awake, she would definitely be a potential problem, even more so given the bond she seemed to have with Fayth.

However ...

There was no guarantee anything would work, and even if it did? Yuna would be in no immediate position to do much, let alone fight.

Understand that I cannot make any promises. But ... I can see what might be able to be done, I suppose. Go on and do what you've been wanting to for a while now. It may make this process simpler if I see her.

Naturally, that wasn't the only reason, but it was the one that Fayth would be allowed to hear.

"He'll try," Fayth finally said out loud. A slight smile crossed Eikichi's face. Hajime ... looked relieved, on one hand. But on the other? Very much on edge. He, too, knew the real name of Morningstar so ... why would he agree?

He truly is going to try, right? Not just ... attempt to kill Yuna?

Fayth quickly shook her head as her hands slowly went up to the back of the blindfold. "No. I'm not going to let that happen."

"Um, you don't need to do that if you don't want to, you know?"

"Actually," Fayth replied, "I do. But I appreciate the concern, Eikichi."

By the time she felt her eyes temporarily return, the blindfold was already untied. One soft but deep breath was elicited - and finally - everyone could see the orbs Fayth used to naturally possess. Bright blue-green eyes blinked once ... twice ... then a third time before Fayth slowly looked around. This wasn't quite the way she wanted to 'meet' Jack, but soon, she found herself glancing up at his rather alluring violet eyes.

Wait just a second?! So ... was your condition a lie, or ... ??

Fayth shook her head, turning and seeing Hajime.

"N-No. Sorry if it came off like that. It's actually something he's allowed me to do. A gift of sorts. Temporary, of course, but ... it's something. I just ... don't use it often because ... well ..." Fayth gestured to herself, then around the room. "This obviously would get a similar reaction, if not stronger, if anyone else outside anyone who even remotely knows me realize what I had the capability to do."

Okay. Now even Eikichi could begin to better understand the uncertain look he'd seen on his brother's face. Something was very off with this whole ordeal between Fayth and Morningstar. But for now ... it was looking like one of their better chances to do anything aside from simply wait.

Finally ... Fayth turned and glanced down ... and felt unsure whether to have her face pale a bit or elicit a sigh of relief.

" .... Exactly the same."

"Excuse me?"

"Long story, but ummm ... I actually had a relatively recent encounter with Kiryu. A female Dark Signer took Yuna's form to lure me into a trap and ... " Tears formed in her eyes. "She really did look exactly like Yuna."

Eikichi groaned, rubbing his forehead. "Great. Wonderful. They got someone who can do something like that? God-fucking-damnit."

Now, take her hand and do not let go. Not until I'm done. If you want me to try that badly, you're going to have to share any and every sensations that may come from this. You're asking me to see about helping her wake up despite the girl being forced into a coma by very dark powers, so ... there is a high possibility of some pain resulting from this.

That's fine, Fayth swiftly quipped back, It can't be worse than all the whippings you gave me.

It actually might, but ... good. I'm glad to hear your resolve.

As Fayth heeded the instructions and intertwined her hand with Yuna's, a shaky breath resounded from Fayth.

Remember everything I said. Do not let go until I'm finished. I'm going to have to dive into her, so to speak, and see about somehow removing this energy keeping her asleep.

Fayth nodded, acknowledging Morningstar's words, and then ... it was indeed an incredibly weird, if not nerve-wracking, feeling. The best way to word it was being merged with Yuna ... but obviously not at the same time. That, however, was very quickly overwhelmed by the same type of energy Morningstar had warned Fayth about ... and her own body felt heavy.

Her left continued holding onto Yuna's while her right swiftly gripped onto the edge of the bed, ensuring she remained standing as opposed to listening to her body, which was begging for Fayth to collapse.

Given what he and Fayth had talked about, Jack was still glad she would consider it; Kiryu was a mad dog as far as he was concerned. He tarnished everything Yusei had stood for, and despite their falling out earlier in life he still did consider Yusei a friend. All the same...With what Kiryu had done, the only salvation that would work on him was being put back in his grave. And possibly covering it with cement for good measure. But for now, at least, they had other issues to focus on, like trying to figure out how to get Yuna to wake up.

If it was even possible. How long had she been out like this? But then, people were in comas for years at times before waking up again, so it wasn't entirely out of the realm of possibility she was. "So it seems there is another....Forgive my lack of tact, but this is all proving to be illuminating..." Finlay replied, taking notes; an action that made Mei smile after she finished checking Yuna's vitals one more time.

Even so, she and Finlay both looked at Fayth as she mentioned this 'Morningstar' being able to help. Neither of them, well Mei at least, had much experience with actual Duel Monsters before, so this was incredibly new. Mei was only familiar with the card game because of the patients that played it, and Finlay because of that and his father's archaeological expeditions into its origins. But actually having a living breathing Duel Monster was still kind of a surprise, even with the Demon Soldiers around all the time guarding their new home.

And then came the next biggest shock, for everyone: Fayth's eyes were revealed, or at least a damn good replication of what they once were, and for the longest moment Jack just stood there slack-jawed. The former King of the Tops was utterly in shock, more so than just about anyone given that she'd been living with him for the longest time now. He initially thought the same thing Hajime was thinking, a thought that threatened to get him very much infuriated.

Still.....She must have had her reasons for hiding this right? He wanted to think so, but he then said after getting his wits about him again, his violet hues still locked onto the woman, "Fayth...After we're done here, we're going to have a talk..." He didn't like being kept in the dark, especially with someone as dangerous as Morningstar lurking about inside her. Whatever deal she made to make this happen was undoubtedly going to bite her in the ass at some point.

Even so, everyone could only watch as Fayth started the process...Whatever it entailed. Minutes passed, each second an eternity as Fayth's soul might reach out to Yuna's trapped somewhere in the abyss of her existence. Jack, forgetting his grievance for being excluding from this development, immediately went to Fayth's side and helped her keep steady. His body pressed against hers, telling her as she might try to hold on, "Fayth...I got you, so do what you need to." Even if she might fall limp from exhaustion or pain he wouldn't let her fall except onto him.

Mei watched the monitor, trying to discern any form of signal....For the longest while there was nothing. Not a twitch or stir, not even a hint of color to her cheeks.

But then came a godsend of a noise...The EKG finally gave a first 'BEEP'. Mei's heartrate spiked as she checked the monitor, seeing the waveform that signified a pulse. Very, very weak...Finlay then checked her jugular. "There's a pulse. It's hardly noticeable, but it's there. And her cheeks are just starting to get some color back into them..." Finlay noticed, Mei giving a very heavy sigh and a giggly smile, "Thank goodness....Whatever you did, Fayth...We at least have her closer back to us."

She would then do a minor stimulus test; and even though her pupils didn't react as much as she'd hoped, she saw the faintest contraction when shining a light at them. She was coming back. "Come on, Yuna....Just hear our voices. You got people here who love you, they want you to come back. You're strong, young lady, so fight for it." Mei then said, patting the woman's head.

And as Fayth might break the connection, Jack would hold onto her in case she fell. "Fayth...Whatever happened in there, you did it." he would say, kind of glad to see a bright glimmer for these guys; the hell they must have gone through, this news would definitely be welcome.

+========================================================================================================================+

However...One nosy little invader seemed to poke its head in where it wasn't wanted, though none of them could see it. Rutger's eyes glowed red, seeing the scene unfold through one of his spiderlings. His fist clenched in annoyance; even if the woman wasn't awake yet, she would cause them problems if she woke up too early. Eventually he then just sighed in exasperation, "Is it too much to ask to finish off those who could interfere?!" His fist slammed on the table in front of him, Demak appearing and saying "Worry not, Rutger-sama...I will personally ensure her death if she comes to be an issue."

Rutger looked on at the blank wall in front of him, the sigils of the geoglyphs growing brighter; soon, their plan would come to fruition. And as much as it pained him to withdraw Demak, he was in fact needed elsewhere. "No....Do not bother. She is not awake yet anyway; if anything, contact Zeman. Inform him to convert that damned dragon immediately...And go see to it that our newest prospect is freed from custody. Do not fail me, Demak."

The dark-skinned man then said, "Yes of course, my lord. It will be done." And without another word, he vanished once again...Rutger left to his thoughts about the next course of action. This was twice now Kiryu had failed; he'd best not fail against Yusei, else even Apu would not be able to save him.

Last edited:

Fayth gave a nod as Jack hinted their discussion about her revelation was far from done. That was more than fair, and she'd be more shocked if he just let it slide without promise of a talk later on. She kept that mentally tucked away, merely focusing on the single task that had been asked of her. In concept, it was simple ... but when there was a literal, huge weight pressing down on her? Not so much.

Wh-what are you doing to her, exactly?

It's not as easy to explain this, but if I had to in the simplest of terms, wiping away some of this negative energy. It's strong though ... not quite god-like, but damn close.

Fayth felt herself almost want to ask why that was affecting her ... but then she glanced down at her hand, nodding. That seemed to make the most sense, so she would hold her tongue and keep her focus on what was needed from her. But the longer it got, the harder the pressure upon her got. It eventually felt like her shoulders were about to snap and break, and her hand clinging onto Yuna's was shaking.

But even still, Fayth refused to let go.

Her teeth gritted as she used her free hand to grip tightly onto the edge of the bed. Just when she felt certain she couldn't take anymore .... the BEEP! from the EKG made her blink and look up. "D...did it work?" she managed to gasp out, not realizing until her gaze tried to move to Yuna that she'd been forced down to one knee.

Something certainly did, yes, Hajime replied, offering a small smile of appreciation.

"G-good ... I'm glad ..." Fayth replied, albeit in a weak and shaky voice. She finally allowed her hand to let go, but the moment she attempted to move away, she stumbled forward ... and slumped against Jack's chest. Not fully unconscious, but clearly very drained. As long as certain things or encounters didn't happen, she'd be fine. But Fayth definitely didn't dare dwell on those what-ifs, not wishing to risk jinxing herself and Jack somehow.

"You ... sure you don't want to rest here for a bit?" Eikichi offered. It seemed like a fair proposition, particularly considering what she'd just managed to achieve with helping their leader out.

"I'm not gonna lie and say that doesn't sound a bit tempting, but umm .... " Fayth gently shook her head. Her voice lowered as she went on to elaborate, "You remember my deck, right? I think the demons out there ... they kinda can sense that. And to say it makes me uncomfortable is an understatement."

A sigh from Hajime resounded in her head.

Sadly, I can't blame you too much. They've listened to us so far, but yeah. Even I don't fully trust them, if it helps. And if they pinpointed Morningstar ... yeah. You're probably making the right move.

That caused a weak grin to appear from Fayth. It made her relieved she wasn't sounding overly paranoid, nor coming off as ungrateful. Her head quickly lowered as she felt the magic from Morningstar coming undone, and comprehended her fake eyes were on the verge of vanishing. That alone gave her a good enough adrenaline rush to grab her blindfold and tie it around her eyes before anyone saw that sight. Even as she tied the cloth around her head, she could feel herself being very closely examined - likely by Jack and Hajime.

"If ... it wouldn't be too selfish to ask ... would one of you mind keeping me updated with how she is?"

I will, Hajime swiftly replied, tapping to the side of his head to indicate how. Honestly, with all of the things going on involving the Dark Signers, it's probably best to use more ... discreet communications anyway. And, no offense, but you already kinda have a voice in your head. It won't freak you out nearly as much as it would any other person.

"Hehe ... n-none taken," Fayth replied in response, her hand managing to find Jack's waist and wrap around it to keep herself supported. After offering them a wave, she allowed herself to leave the room, letting Mei continue to work on Yuna and get a more thorough exam done.

Sure enough, Eikichi would notice Hajime looking a lot more relieved and relaxed moments after Fayth exited. Not completely, though; it was clear to Hajime that he knew Yuna wasn't in the home stretch just yet. But she was closer, and that was easily a major improvement compared to however long had already passed and she was stuck in such a state.

Only when the surface of the boat registered to her hand did Fayth finally allow herself to slump completely down onto the floor, shaking slightly. Partly from what she just did, partly from actually being near those demons, and another large chunk from knowing that even with what'd just happened ... there was still, as Hajime had stated, the Dark Signers to very much be aware of. They were still on their invisible timer ... which made her anxious, but at least made her glad that before they ran out, she had helped turn Yuna's state around and, apparently, done so for the better.

The boat soon started moving and as it did, the tremors from Fayth slowed and weakened. For now, she was safe. Right now, the best thing she could do was stay near Jack. Even with knowing he wanted to speak with her, and likely sooner than later. At least he'd otherwise be a safe person to be around ... definitely more so than any of those demons or worse. Besides, he wasn't wrong to want an explanation. She hadn't really ever truly explained what was going on between her and Morningstar.

This, honestly, had been overdue since he and Yusei discovered the marks on her back. So ... she closed her eyelids behind the blindfold and began mentally trying to prepare herself to answer any and all questions he'd give her.

It was not going to be easy to just instantly reverse everything that happened to Yuna. No, no one really expected that to happen at all. But any good news. no matter how little, would be very much welcome with everything that did happen. And hearing that beep? Well, it was enough to reignite some glimmer of hope in everyone, but undoubtedly the biggest relief woudl come from Hajime.

While she might not be in the total clear yet...Well, no one would be remiss in thinking this was a damn good first step. As Mei fussed over Yuna's vitals, Jack held onto Fayth as she laid against him. Yeah, it was time to get her back home. And while Jack still didn't fully understand what was going on...He planned on asking Fayth, and no doubt - perceptive as she was - she would sense he had questions. Given everything that transpired, it would be more of a surprise if he just accepted everything at face value.

The powers weren't so much a concern - still were one - but the biggest thing was what happened with her eyes. He wasn't going to just ignore that...And he wanted to assume she had a damn good reason for keeping that from him. And if Morningstar was involved...Well, he definitely wanted to know what else was going on.

"It is probably for the best she gets back; if these Dark Signers truly are still out and about, then it is probably wise we do not linger for long." Jack would say, affirming what Fayth had said about leaving. "Good point...I can drive you both back. Someone needs to bring the boat anyway." then said a voice, Jack turning to see their other comrade - that Judai Yuki - having entered the room. Jack just smirked, "You have remarkable timing...If you're not too busy..."

"Not in the slightest...Now come on...Let's get you both back..."

*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Soon enough, a short Runner ride back to the abandoned wharf later and the pair were off back to the Tops. It was later at night this time, and they would need to walk a bit to hail a cab back to his place once they returned...But this would also give them a time to talk.

The water was eerily quiet this night...Like the Fates had sensed the massive change in Yuna's destiny and stilled the otherwise chaotic seas. For the first little bit, the ride was silent, Jack just letting Fayth rest against him, no doubt...whatever she had done....had taken a good deal from her in terms of energy. But even so, he did want answers.

"Fayth..."

That was all he said as she might rest, likely preparing herself for the barrage of questions he was about to unleash on her.

"While I am sure being able to see was a good change for you after being deprived for so long....How did you manage this feat? How long could have manifest your eyes?" His own violet hues then narrowed, "And should I assume that it was beause of Morningstar you were able to do this?"

He was trying to avoid sounding accusatory, but she did keep it from him. And needless to say, he was not one for surprises....Especially not ones like that. Giving a sigh, he then clarified, "And for the record, I am not mad....But I suppose I do feel concerned that you chose not to share this development with me. Did Morningstar ask you to keep quiet about this?"

Indeed, his grievances were aired more at the Fallen currently taking up residence inside her...He'd had a bad feeling since he first learned of Morningstar's compact with Fayth, and frankly he just wanted honest answers to his questions.

"Oh ... Judai .... hey." A bit of crimson painted her face as she waved. "Maybe one of these days you can find me in a state where I haven't exhausted myself too badly. But ... good to see you otherwise." She'd give her own polite nod. "If ... you wouldn't mind, the extra help would very much be appreciated. Thank you."

And as quickly as they had been in the ex-Facility, they were now leaving it. The rising and falling of her chest would be the easiest indicator to reveal that even though she was tired enough to fall asleep, she was keeping her consciousness. She'd wait to pass out when she got back in her bed. For now, she knew what was coming. Indeed, she did not need to be Psychic or have any powers to know as much. Jack had basically spelled it out when they were in the room but mere moments ago, so she knew it was coming. The calling of her name was inevitable, and yet ...

It still made her tense up slightly, much like a child would when they had been caught doing something they shouldn't. Her teeth lightly gripped onto her lower lip as she nodded, revealing she was listening and waiting. And ... they were what she would have guessed to hear from Jack. A soft sigh was the first thing he'd hear before Fayth shifted, sitting herself more upright before looking over .. making eye contact as best as possible now that her powers were disabled and began to give him the answers he wanted.

"Since I fought Ling in the Fortune Cup. He started talking to me during that fight. Promised to help me out ... he never made it very clear how exactly at the time. That got arranged a bit afterwards. It's why ... you and Yusei found those marks ...." Her head turned away, knowing fully well both Jack and even Yusei had been horrified enough with that discovery. She was just relieved that Yusei hadn't tried to point fingers at Jack back then. It would have been easy enough, particularly considering he hadn't known about Morningstar at the time.

"Yes, though. He's the reason I can even have my sight back at all, no matter how temporary it lasts for."

Another brief pause lingered before she added on, "I know it doesn't excuse a lot of what he has done. Particularly the whippings. I'm not going to pretend I haven't wondered if there's a real incentive for it, in fact, aside from supposedly trying to help toughen me up against the Dark Signers. But right now .... there's no denying that he has kept anything too dire from happening. Mostly, anyway .... he at least tried back in the cemetery, but .... with whatever they have on their sides, their gods or whatnot, it wasn't that simple. But he really did try, and ...."

That was as far as she could go. Fayth realized she sounded as if she were rambling and right now, the best she could hope for was Jack to understand. Like any of this? Nah, not one bit. But at least understand it.

"Also ... say it out loud for a few moments. Pretend you'd never known about this before. How crazy does it sound, both out loud and in your head, to admit to anyone that you made a pact with a card spirit, let alone one like Morningstar of all people? I guess ... I opened up to Judai and a few others during the Fortune Cup because ... well, Judai dropped he has his own pact of sorts with a different monster. So I didn't feel as out of place. But with almost anyone else? How many other people are gonna be like us? Like me? Not many, I doubt."

Although, according to Yuna's comrades, even she and Hotsuma had been given powers that eventually led to their own pacts. An odd thought ... mainly because it didn't seem like a state or ability that could be forced onto people. Did Hajime have that too? She'd need to ask later. There were suddenly a lot of things that seemed very confusing right then and there for Fayth. But she also knew that as she was, she definitely couldn't even begin to conjure many, if any, answers on said inquiries.

So instead ... she just let out the next thought that was in her head. It'd probably sound cheesy, but she didn't care.

"Umm ... your own eyes are really gorgeous, by the way. Captivating and mesmerizing, even. I'm kinda jealous. Blue's so common. Violet ... that's unique. I only knew one other person that had them at all, and you now know him. Reiji. But before then, I'd never seen anyone else with those kinds of eyes before."

And maybe, just maybe that at least partly explained her pull towards Jack. Why she was beginning to feel close and even infatuated with him? Maybe ... another thing she wasn't sure of. She just knew there were definitely feelings, and they only were getting stronger before weaker. But ... not yet. She didn't feel now was the time to do much more aside from offer her honest opinion to Jack.

Jack listened as Fayth began her explanation; in truth, he didn't care so much that she had her sight back. It was more about Morningstar's involvement in the restoration of said sight; if the whippings were any indication about the Fallen's proclivities, it was that such a gift would not go without some kind of strings attached. And given how their last talk went...Well, needless to say Jack was incredibly suspicious.

Though the fact that this 'pact' happened even earlier than he'd thought, during the semi-finals with Ling, made him even more suspicious of Morningstar's intentions. What was he trying to accomplish? There was no way this pact and the Dark Signers coming to the surface at the same time was any coincidence; he might not know anything about Duel Monsters as individuals...But given how Fayth was describing Morningstar as the one that tried to resist the God she had run into in the Cemetary?

Well...He would probably owe the Fallen another thanks, along with knocking her out so she wouldn't fuss about her freshly exhumed corpse. Which was something else Jack was meaning to ask about in further detail...But after thinking it over, he realized it would be silly. How could she know she had died in this timeline? In this...dimension? No, that was best something he would have to look to someone else for.

Though he did chance a look at Judai as she explained that the young man has his own bond with a Duel Monster. And from the talks...So did Yuna and this 'Hotsuma'. This was turning out to be a very weird evening, Jack staying silent as he tried to process it all...Only to find it was every bit as ridiculous as Fayth pointed it out to sounding like.

Even so...The evidence it was real was right here next to him, and it would be beyond moronic to try and think it some cheap trick. The pair had talked after all....Even if it wasn't the most pleasant of conversations.

She might not be able to see it now, but her compliment on his eyes had his cheeks pinking a little, his eyes averting away from hers....So to speak. "Thank you..." Jack would say, giving a light smile, his voice quite soft and carrying more than a hint of embarrassment. No one complimented his eyes before, and hearing it for the first time had him feeling both confused and elated. Indeed, he was beginning ot feel a sort...well, deeper connection with Fayth as well. It was an...inexplicable urge to shield her, and destroy anyone who might try and bring her harm. In truth...He hadn't felt this way about anyone before.

"I won't pretend to understand everything that's going on, Fayth. But I do want you to know that I believe you." Jack would finally say after he got his thoughts together; in truth, outside of Duels he was kind of an idiot, but he could offer something at least. "And...Just promise me something, alright?"

His hand then came down to encase her own, gently holding it as he said, "If it ever gets too much, just be honest with me. Come to me, alright? And I'll help you fight it back, whatever it might be, God or no God."

After that though, Judai dropped them both off at the hidden pier, the blonde helping Fayth along until they reached the street where he managed to get a taxi to take them back home, arriving back to the estate a total of two hours later. "Try to rest tonight, Fayth, okay? We don't know when it might begin.....So it's best we make sure we're well enough to take them on." he would say to her, not leaving her side for the moment.

Back
Top Bottom