Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Voyage of the Silken Siren (The Corsair and Xanaphia)

Phaedra moaned as Aurelia’s tongue faltered, her hands moving freely to explore the smooth curves of her thighs and the hard muscle of Igama’s ass. With a mischevious grin she scratched a fang against her captain’s clit, tasting her blood mingle by with her juices and Igama’s dick. The effect was electric, sending Aurelia over the edge and causing Igama to join her. Phaedra’s lips covered her slit, greedily drinking down the mingled flavors of both orgasms as Igama emptied himself into Aurelia’s eager depths.

“Gods,” she moaned as she lapped the last pearl of Igama’s seed from her slit. “You taste good.”

“Oh, I am using you,” Yusuf growled back, thoroughly enjoying the struggles of the dark-skinned beauty beneath him as she made him work to fuck her. The grip of her muscles on his meat made him thrust hard, pounding himself into her. He gripped her hips and lifted, forcefully by her to and all of her weight on her shoulders as he slid her legs up to hook over his shoulders, allowing his cock to pound deeper into her.

“Beg me,” he growled, letting her feel his balls slap her ass with every deep thrust. “Beg me to fill you with cum. Beg me to use your cunt to get myself off.”

Saflan’s broad, strong fingers filled Kiyone’s well-lubricated pussy, stroked by and pressing the sensitive roof of her channel as his thumb stroked her clit. “It may take some time,” he teased, caressing a nipple with his tongue, “to leave an offering upon your twin peaks.” He bit gently at the soft flesh around her nipple. “My offering was just left within your well of delight.” His fingers spread a little, emphasizing what he meant. “Stil, I will worship upon your peaks until i May rise to the occasion.”

With that his lips closed upon her nipple, sucking firmly in time with the movements of his hand.

Aurelia groaned as Phaedra drew more pleasure from her, slippery, forked tongue teasing a slit already full of cock and cum. Her climax continued, draining Igama and holding him fast within her. In retribution, she pushed two fingers into the demon-blooded woman, maintaining a strong, steady rhythm. Her tongue was gentle on Phaedra's clit, until teeth joined, grazing with the hint of sharpness.

Phaedra yelped, clenching around the two fingers moving in her, and slid her tone own Aurelia's still sensitive nub. Aurelia's fingers didn't stop, but she sighed, breath cool against the heat of Phaedra's sex.

Safia moaned, trying to hold back the words Yusef tanted her for. Dammit, this new position was driving her crazy, with her knees pushed together and her ankles on his shoulders. Despite how tight she was like this, straining against him, Yusef never stopped, never slowed, plowing her with an unreal strength, and brushing against her clit each stroke. Cries became whimpers desperate and high pitched as her body begged for release.

"Yusef... oh fuck, Yusef... please..."

Kiyone sighed and squirmed beside Senzang, enjoying the way his fingers teased her slit. And the pressure of his lips on her breasts was divine, bringing her even closer to rapture. "Your worship is... is... dammit, you feel so good!" Kiyone gasped, pulling his lips back to hers to take a deep, hungering kiss.

Phaedra tried to concentrate on the taste and feel of Aurelia's slit, trying to drag out her own pleasure as fingers and tongue explored her tender cunt. After the men and women she’d had this evening she was feels by deliciously sore, but the opportunity presented by Igama wildly riding her captain had been too tempting to ignore. And now she could feel herself building towards another orgasm under Aurelia’s skilled mi istrations.

“Ahh...” she breathed, letting her head roll back and arching her lower back. “Gods, Captain.... Yes...”. Then she let out a cry of pleasure, gripping by Aurelia’s head with her thighs as a friend nap stroke of skilled fingers and a final touch of a clever tongue sent her over the edg.”

“Yusef... oh fuck, Yusef... please..."

Yusuf grinned need wickedly, shifting his grip a little. “That’s right,” he said, digging his fingers into her rump as he drove harder into her. “Beg me.” His cock listened into her, a little gasp escaping her each time his length fully impaled her. “I’m getting close,” he gasped. “Beg for me, beg me to find do my cum in you.”

“Please...” Safia moaned, cupping her heavy breasts. “Please...”. Then she cried out, body jerking beneath him as she climaxed. Yusuf let himself follow, roaring in triumph as his his seed erupt d into her.

Senzang shifted his position as Kiyone dragged her lips to his, letting his fingers slip from her. Befir she could protest he slid his hardened meat over her slit and into her, drinking down her gasp of surprised pleasure. “I may not cum again so soon,” he smiled, staring into her wide eyes. “But I think you’ll find I feel even better this way.” His fingers, sticky with her juice and the mingled seed that had filled her, stroked her lips. Then he kissed her again as his cock slowly moved within her.

Kaarim mooved slowly, taking his time in Gwynn as she moaned and sighed happily beneath him. “Mine,” he whispered, kissing her tattooed flesh softly. “Mine.” It had been hot, sharing her and watching her, but it was better with her once more. Sighing, he firmly buried himself in her once more, then stopped moving. Instead, he pushed up on his arms and unclasped a gold bracelet from his wrist.

“Be mine,” he whispered, fastening it around her arm. “Be mine, now and always.”

Aurelia poured herself into fucking and licking Phaedra, driving and chasing release, both of theirs together. Aggressive, competition, needy and desperate, all the sensation mingled and mixed like the pleasure other had left in them. She wanted to cum, and she wanted Phaedra to cum, and not those desires were inseparable. Tied together, inextricably so that neither woman could stop or waver.

Perhaps it was the pressure of Phaedra’s thighs on her head that triggered her own climax. Perhaps it was her sharp cry, exhaled directly against Aurelia’s needy cunt. Perhaps it was Yusef, crying out in triumph as he overcame Safia’s resistance and willpower. Perhaps it was all of those things, together, in this moment of comfort and longing, and need to feel alive in the face of their own mortality.

Once climax released her from its grasp, and Phaedra relaxed her thighs, Aurelia slumped over the bard, watching content, as two more women approached Yusef.

Amira and Nariko stood on either side of Yusef, caressing strong, sweat slick arms, and watched as he finished in Safia. Both women were covered in the scent of sex, dripping with cum.

“We wish to taste you, together,” Amira suggested, rather firmly as she pushed Yusef on his back. Despite his recent climax, it took considerable effort, until Nariko assisted.

“Can you handle it, I wonder?” Nariko asked, stroking his semi hard shaft. Before he could answer, her mouth wrapped around his head, savoring the pleasure glistening upon it. Amira brushed lips against length, before drawing Nariko into a deep kiss. Then both of their eyes were on Yusef as they licked him in tandem.

Gwynn blinked twice at Kaarim’s question, not registering it as a question for several heartbeats. It was a few more heartbeats before she deciphered his intention, and the weight of his query. “Be… be yours?” she repeated, breathless and stupefied and elated beyond imagining. “I’m already yours. I’ve been yours. And yes, I will be yours. I will be yours and you will be mine, and I will swear it before the gods and the world. I love you, Kaarim.”

Despite all the distractions an orgy presented, no one missed the proposal, nor Gwynn’s response, and cheers rang out for the happy couple. A hopeful promise for the future, amidst the pain of the last week. Aurelia joined the in the cheers and well wishes, finding a rare moment of genuine peace. Perhaps Gwynn had been right to rebel against her rules. She laughed as she crawled over to Yusef, hovering over his face while the other two women kneeled over his loins.

“There goes my chance to ask.” There was inquiry in Yusef’s eyes, puzzling out her meaning. Luckily for her, his razor wit was dulled while two women worked his cock, and he didn’t manage a response before Aurelia took hungering kiss from his lips. Gods, she’d spent all night waiting for this moment. There was no patience left, not as she turned and met their eyes.

“Is he ready for me yet?”

Both women smiled, and nodded, stepping aside, “Yes, Captain.”

“Well, now,” Senzang grinned, pausing in his thrusts as Gwynn declared her acceptance of Kaarim’s proposal for the world - or, at least, for the celebrants - to hear. “It seems you’ll have further causes for celebration.” Pushing himself up in his forearms, he caressed Kiyone’s cheek before letting his fingers trail down her throat and chest. Then, he began moving once more. “Perhaps you should give voice to your goddess’ approval?”

Kaarim tangled himself in Gwynn, drinking deep oh from her lips as cheers and cries of congratulations rang out. “And I love you,” he whispered. Then, grinning playfully, he nipped at her lower lip and pushed himself d ep into her. “Let me show you...”

“Huh? Wha?” Faye’s head snapped up, blinking sleep away as she looked around. Beside her, Esme snorted and tried to roll over. Since she’d fallen asleep face-down on the table, this led to her crashing spectacularly to the floor.

Reminds came trotting back from the entrance to the sanctuary, where she’d been spying. “Kaarim just asked Gwynn to marry him.”

“I assume she was yes?” Faye asked, then chuckled at Delinda’s expression. “Right, right, dumb question.” After a moment, she poured three glasses of wine. “Well, good for them,” she declared, lifting a glass in a toast. “Blessings on them both.”

“There goes my chance to ask,” Aurelia laughed, staring into his eyes.

“Uh?” Yusuf managed. It wasn’t his finest moment. But then, it was hard to think clearly while two skilled and gorgeous women were going at your cock and while your lover stared at you he ngrily while reeking of sex.

Must reply was a lingering kiss that tasted of another woman. “Is he ready for me yet?”

Both women smiled, and nodded, stepping aside, “Yes, Captain.”

“Always ready for you,” Yousef growled, lifting her arms in his arms and dragging her across his body. He reclaimed his kiss as she came to rest on his stomach, demanding interest for what she’d taken earlier. His hands roamed her body, move by easily on the film of perspiration that slicked her skin. “ I want you,” he whispered. “I’ve wanted you all evening.”

“Goddess…” Kiyone moaned, left on the precipice of ecstasy for some time now. Not that she could complain about the circumstances. Few things honored Edana more than the union of souls in devotion to one another. “May she look upon us now with favor, as we make an offering of pleasure.” Kiyone grabbed the hand that caressed her, bringing fingertips to her lips, and tasting her own dew upon them. Then, in time his stroke within her, she swallowed two fingers. Holding his gaze, all the while.

Gwynn pulled Karim closer, pulling his chest tight to hers, as he drove deeper within her. Physical intimacy mimicking the new depths of their emotions, and commitment to one another. “I love you,” she repeated to him, a worshipful moan as much as a revelation. “And I want to feel the depths of your love…”

“I’ve waited all evening for this,” Aurelia agreed, staring down into his eyes, seeing herself reflected in the dark pools of his irises. She was upright as she straddled him, taking his length against her tender insides. She’d had enough rough fucking, for one evening. What she needed now was something only Yusef could give him. “I’ve waiting so long for this, for you. Too long, but for my own stubbornness.”

“You can say that again,” an unseen voice called form the mostly relaxing crowd. Despite herself, Aurelia laughed.

Thighs tightened over Yusef’s legs, lifting her hips to fuck Yusef. Fuck herself on Yusef. Bring them both to pleasure, together. Her hands groped for his, twining finger together, joined as their bodies were. As their destinies were. “I want you, my Caliph. I want all of you.”

You can say that again,” an unseen voice called form the mostly relaxing crowd. Aurelia laughed, and Yusuf raised a hand to make an obscene gesture in the general direction of the speaker. “What? Right now?” the same voice called. “But you look occupied!”

Before he could respond further Aurelia took his hands and pressed them down, bracing herself with his grip as she moved on him with long, languid strokes. “I want you, my Caliph,” she whispered, her dark eyes seeming to gaze into his soul. “I want all of you.”

In response he lifted his hips. “Then take all of me, my Queen,” he murmured, moving with her. His hands twisted as he freed himself from her grip, and he pushed himself upright. Now she was sitting in his lap, her eyes level with his, and as her strong arms slid around his shoulders he gripped her hips, helping her continue to move on his cock. “All of me, my Queen,” he whispered, planting burning kisses on her lips and throat. “I want you, too. Now and always.”

Kaarim drank down the words of love that spilled from Gwynn’s lips, savoring them as he moved with her. Moved within her, indulging himself in the glorious feel of her strong body beneath and around his as he dragged out their pleasure. “Gwynn,” he whispered in time with his slow thrusts. “My Gwynn.” He released her name again as he climaxed, whispering it in a heated gasp of pleasure as rapture sang along his nerv les and he surged into her.

“I think,” Senzang chided playfully, changing his rhythm to drag out his strokes, “that you talk too much.” His fingers caressed her tongue. “Surely the hymns of Edana are the sounds of rapture?” He sped up again, watching her eyes go wide at the feel. “I want to hear you as you praise your goddess with all sincerity.”

His words were calm, but the effort of keeping them that was was taxing him. At his age, it was difficult to climax more than once. But if he was any judge of it, Kiyone was bringing him close to a second orgasm in rapid succession. “Praise her,” he groaned. “Let me feel you, as you sing to Edana.”

Riding Yusef now, before their entire crews (mostly anyhow) was different from the wild, ravenous fucking that often occupied their nights together. Aurelia wasn’t sure if it were the audience that made things different tonight, or a more general need, built by mourning and loss, and grew from sharing their bodies with others. It might have been hot to fuck others, or watch him as he fuck others, all of it paled in comparison to his touch, or his kiss.

Her movements came harder and faster, fed by his possessive grip and whispered need. And then, as she could take no more, she threw her head back, offering her lover her breasts as nirvana tightened like a vice around her mind and his cock.

Kiyone hummed along Senzang’s fingers, feeling her pleasure build and grow, flowing to the forefront of her mind, only to ebb as he changed rhythms. Desperation became the wet heat between her thighs, hungrily swallowing that thick shaft again and again. Not just swallowing, but squeezing, pulling him closer, her entire body dedicated to the motion of fucking Senzang.

Wordless moans grew louder, an offering of exultation and an observation of the doctrine of bliss. Hips bridged and back arched to meet his strokes, and puller him in deeper, writhing under the weight of rapture. Her cries became drawn out hymns of worship, dedicated to Edana and Senzang in equal measure.

Once the wave of euphoria p[assed through her, Kiyone resumed her reciprocal movements, dragging delight from Senzang as she dragged herself along his cock. Still breathing hard, her words burst out in time with his thrusts. “She… should would have… your pleasure… as well…”

Gwynn sighed, surprising herself with yet another climax as Kaarim moaned out her name in the moment of climax. Not a strong one, but born of this moment of closeness and connection to him, and the promises their future held. Beyond a convenient hook up, intended to pass time between the long voyages at sea, to lover, and soon, husband.

Sapped of her wit by pure contentment, Gwynn clung to Kaarim, whispering the only words that mattered now. “I love you.”

Senzang moaned as Kiyone pressed up into him, taking his cock deeper as she sang her pleasure to her goddess. Orgasm tightened her walls around him, forcing him to move her whole body with his thrusts as she squeezed and milked his shaft. “She… should would have… your pleasure… as well…” she gasped out, fingers digging into his broad back as she began meeting his thrusts once more.

“I...” he grunted back, “I... fuck... I...”. And then he was pressing into her, gasping as his own pleasure found him as nice more. His hips jerked rhythmically, flooding her with his offering which mingled with the others she’d received to spill out and coat her thighs and drop down her ass.

Aurelia’s orgasm was an exquisite dance of delight. Her cunt clenched and squeezed his shaft as she gripped his shoulders, throwing her head back until her long dark hair brushed his thighs. She cried out in rapture as he continued moving her on his meat, sliding her up and down as he leaned forward to savor one dark breast and then another. “All of me, my Queen,” he murmured, words warm and wet on her skin.

He pulled her back up, hungrily feasting on her lips as he moved her, delighting in the feel of soft, sweat-slick skin moving on skin. “My Queen,” he whispered, “flexing his thighs to meet her as he slid her down his meat, “My dark-eyed conquered, who hath claimed my heart through right of conquest.” He nipped at her throat, rough hands stroking hr back as he thrust himself into her. “If I ruled all the world, yet would I be subject to my Queen, for my heart is subject to her charms.” His movements became faster, harder, more desperate as he felt his own pleasure building. “Receive... Receive, my Queen... the tribute... of my... my... AURELIA!”

Her name exploded from his lips as he climaxed. He could by to her, gasping his pleasure against her lips, hands tight on her skin as his seed gushed into her. “Aurelia,” he murmured in a throaty moan with each kiss. “Aurelia.”

They arrived on Isshou to bury one crewmate, and stayed a few days longer to celebrate the union of two others. It wasn’t so long ago that Aurelia had chastised Gwynn for taking the rakish mercenary to her bed, but she was happy Gwynn had found happiness. It often was too far between in this life.

Gwynn had settled on a flowy white dress, low cut with thin straps holding it up. With arms bare, she showed off the golden arm cuff Kaarim had given her in lieu of a ring. Nehime stood behind, pulling the top layer into a braid while leaving the rest cascading over mostly bare shoulders.

“I would have thought that a proposal amidst an orgy would have be less than ideal,” Gwynn admitted, keeping her head straight for Nehime while turning her gaze towards Aurelia, “I am glad to say I would have been wrong.”

“Still not sure I approve,” Aurelia teased, “Or perhaps I am just surprised. Kaarim doesn’t exactly seem like the settling down type.”

“Well, you know he isn’t going to leave her now. Not if he values his life.” Nehime joked, fastening the braid.

“I do excel at hitting fleeing targets.” Gwynn laughed, brushing her bangs out of her eyes.

“How did you decide to take him to your bed? I wouldn’t think the slick playboy act would work on you,” Aurelia pointed out.

“It actually worked exceedingly well on me. What can I say?” Gwynn shrugged, brushing crimson strands back over her shoulders. “When most men think they can just buy their way into your bed, it’s refreshing to be hit on, and pursued. Seduced. He’ll occasionally treat me like a cock hungry slut, but’s he’s never treated me like a whore. Turns out, that goes a long way into get in my bed.”

The curtain that served as a door was pulled open and Phaedra poked her head in, smiling sheepishly, “You ready yet?”

Gwynn took and released a deep breath before standing. “Yeah, I think I am.”

“Man,” Igama said, “I don’t get you at all.”

Kaarim made a final adjustment to his elaborately embroidered shirwani, then draped his scarf over one shoulder. “You intrigue me. Tell me more.”

Igama gestured. “The wedding.” He held up his hands at Kaarim’s deceptively mild sidelong look. “Nothing against Gwynn at all. I just don’t get why you’re, you know, getting hitched.” He made a little gesture. “I mean, you guys are already a couple, right?”

Kaarim shook his head. “Well, Yes.”

“And she’s still gonna be working, way I hear it. So it’s not like you’re going to be exclusive or anything, right?” Igama looked puzzled. “So why..?”

“Because I love her,” Kaarim replied.

“Right.” Igama scratched his scalp. “Well, I’m happy for you.”

“Me too,” Yusuf added, as a chorus of agreements kicked in.

“The three of you,” Kiyone said, “are symbolically guarding the entrances to the sanctuary. Delinda at the south entrance, Esmerelda at the north, and Fayette at the east.”

The four women presented a study in contrasts. Fayette, Adeline’s, and Esmerelda wore matching black dresses trimmed in silver with swords buckled around their waists. Kiyone, for her part, wore a gown of white silk. “Why us?” Esmerelda asked. “I mean, you’ve got acolytes and...”

“Because,” Faye said slowly, “Afodesia has always stood to defend her sister-daughter.”

“Precisely,” Kiyone agreed. “And...”

“We’re not Paladins,” Faye interrupted. “I’m not, and I’ve just been teaching them to fight...”

“I think you’ll do,” Kiyone interrupted in turn, offering a little smile.

“Kiyone,” Senzang called, joining them. He was dressed in a voluminous white robe and matching cap. “Everything is, as far as I can tell, ready. You may want to look it over your part before the ceremony starts, though.”

“I wasn’t aware Baaltecer consecrated weddings,” Faye chuckled. “Or worked well with other gods.”

“Oh, I think we established He works well with other gods...” Kiyone chuckled.

“And if Baaltecer forbade it?” Senzang shrugged. “It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve reminded Him that He doesn’t give orders.” He clapped his hands. “Right then. Ladies, take your places.”

Faye shrugged. “You heard the man. Let’s go.”

Gwynn and Kaarim entered the sanctuary at the same time, catching each eyes. Gwynn flushed, smiling giddy. Kaarim pulled her closer by the chin. indulging in a sweet kiss, before they descend towards the altar together.

From her seat, Aurelia leaned into Yusef. Even her cynical heart was warmed by the love and affection that exuded off those two. Gwynn had been right to grab onto her piece of happiness, and, for once, Aurelia was happy to be proven wrong. Well, she considered glancing up at Yusef, maybe it was the second time she was happy to be proven wrong.

“Edana smiles down upon us,” Kiyone began, opening her arms. “We gather within Her sanctuary, to pay witness to this ceremony of love and commitment between Gwynn and Kaarim. Human were crafted imperfect by the gods. This is not a flaw in our design, but a feature. Alone, we are fragile. Weak. But together, joined as a couple or a family of our own making, we are so much stronger than the sum of our parts. Our strength lies in our unity, our ability to come together. This is the gift that Athera, the Eternal Mother, has given us. Remember this lesson, Gwynn and Kaarim. Together you are so much more than you are apart.”

“Kaarim, I…” Gwynn started, before breaking into more nervous laughter. For so long she’d been the grounded, stoic backbone of the ship. To see her now, letting her guard down, touched nearly everyone present. “I’ve never believed in luck. Or, at least I figured I must have gotten the worst of it, all things considered.” She laughed again, and shifted her weight from one foot to the other. “I never would have believed that a pretty boy mercenary would be the one to change my mind. Because now, standing here with you, like this? I must be the luckiest woman in the world. It’s to believe I could be so happy…”

Kaarim stared in rapt wonder, listening as Gwynn spoke. When her vows finally ended he just stood, staring at her with adoration in his eyes. The silence stretched out. Finally, shifting a little, Senzang rapped his shins with his cane. “Your turn,” he hissed, loud enough for everyone to hear.

Most of the guests politely smothered their laughter.

Clearing his throat, Kaarim gathered his thoughts. “Gwynn, I... uhm...”. He forced a laugh. “I never thought I’d ever be at a loss for words. Ever. But, uhm, my tongue is failing me. I can only assume you stole it, along with my heart.”

With an expression that fell somewhere between a smile and a giddy grin, he reached out and took her hands. “But I don’t mind, because you should keep them. They’re yours, along with the rest of me. .” He hesitated. “I, uhm, I had a speech prepared. It was a poem, laced with classical allusions and philosophical references and it was remarkably clever. And I don’t remember it, at all. Except that it ended by saying I love you.”

Finally, at a loss for words, he pulled Gwynn and not his arms and kissed her. Senzang and Kiyone watched, waiting as the kids deepened. Finally, with a shrug, Senzang nudged her with his elbow. Kiyone chuckled, then spoke. “Gwynn. Kaarim. Before the gods and these worshippers you are joined as wife and husband, in this life and beyond. May your union always be blessed with joy.”

-*-

Aurelia snuggled into his side as the ceremony ended, and Yusef wrapped an arm around her shoulders. This life and beyond, he thought, considering the odd dreams he’d had of being a Caliph, of Aurelia being his queen. He’d dismissed them as lust-driven flights of fancy, but now the Evening Star seemed convinced she was the Onyx Queen reborn. And Faye of all people, sensible hard-bitten Faye, seemed to be buying into it. Could it be...?

No. That was madness. He was a mercenary and pirate, not some reincarnated king. Aurelia’s resemblance to the Onyx Queen was just coincidence, coincidence and a dark jest of a Duke of Hell. Nothing more,

His arm tightened, just a little. “This life, and beyond,” he whispered, hardly aware he’d spoken.

The kiss broke, but Gwynn stayed close to Kaarim,, foreheads pressed together. "You can use that tongue to recite poetic declarations of love later," she teased, taking another kiss while dear friends cheered. "And we can keep trying until you get it just right."

~*~

Celebrations of Gwynn and Kaarim's union went on into the night, but Aurelia snuck Yusef away early in the evening. They'd had fun sharing lovers since they arrived on Korikinou, but tonight she wanted him all to herself.

The next morning came all too quickly, and with it, duty and responsiblities. They'd need to sail out soon, and the places where they would be welcome grew smaller by the day. Aurelia borrowed a map from the temple library, to plot her course. Fingers traced the faded calligraphy of the outdated map, with Tulbyat and ul-Aquan still labeled at distinct countries, separated by a mountain range. This was from before Onyx Queen married the Caliph Suleimon al-Udan, joining their countries and strength together. From before the demon's take over.

"Do you guys have any enemies in ul-Aquan?" Aurelia called, as Yusef began to stir, "I had planned to circle Huaxim, but the Tenumoyo has allies there, and I doubt they would be so welcoming. I think ul-Aquan would be our safest bet."

“Do you guys have any enemies in ul-Aquan?"

“What?” Yusef rubbed his eyes, blinked by sleep away as he tried to get his brain working. “I... uhm...”. He thought hard. “Not... I don’t think so.” Frowning, he sat up. “Well, there was this one bandit gang, but I’m pretty sure we killed them all. Why?”

Aurelia was at the table, pouring over a chart. “I had planned to circle Huaxim, but the Tenumoyo has allies there, and I doubt they would be so welcoming. I think ul-Aquan would be our safest bet."

Stretching, Yusef clambered out of bed and padded across the deck to look over her shoulder at the map. “Hmmm,” he murmured, staring at the route she indicated. “I think you’re right. I mean, I’m pretty confident we could take a single Tenumoyo ship. And I know that the crew would like to hit them hard again, but I seriously doubt that those bastards would just send a single ship if they saw us.”

Frowning, he scratched the stubble in his chin. “Only problem I see is that ul-Aquan is pretty sparsely populated. As I recall my history, the Veiled Whisper had the entire populace forcibly resettledafter the Evening Star Rising in Scorpio broke the back of the Onyx Queen’s rebellion.” He tapped the map. “People have begun resettling the region, but it’s still really empty. Do you think you’ll find work there?”

“Much of the land was redistributed to newly ascended nobles loyal to the Veiled Whisperer,” Aurelia explained, without explaining how she knew it. Truthfully, Yusef brought up good points, and while it wasn’t the main reason she hadn’t returned in almost a decade, it was the excuse she usually made to the crew when they traveled to other islands.

“We don’t have to stay long,” she reasoned, leaning back into Yusef’s warmth, “If we can’t get many clients, we’ll just restock, and head for the Northlands. We could spend some time there, while everything else blows over. Just keep moving, keep sailing.” As if it were possible to outsail the reach of the demon lords.

~*~​

The memories from this life warred with the memories from dreams and half-remembered visions. Qayjura was once the capital of ul-Aquan, before the city had been razed by Rudain. Ruins of the palace remained, a reminder of the might of the demons, and the cost of fighting back. The difference between the town she’d grown up in, and the one she’d fled generations past was jarring. The rebuilding effort had been slow, focused mostly on the wealthy elite in the favored gaze of the Veiled Whisperer. Which meant there was untapped wealth they could milk, for perhaps a week or more.

As it so happened, there were a profitable interest in the services of the Siren. Most notably, an invitation for five women and one man to attend a bachelor’s party in advance of Emir Gamal Khadra’s wedding. Aurelia lined up herself, Safia, Nariko, Lita, Phedra, and Oliviero to attend, and asked Yusef to arrange three bodyguards for the occasion. Perhaps it was overly cautious, but after what the Tenumoyo did, Aurelia was wary of group events. If they hadn’t been running low on funds, she wouldn’t have accepted this one.

“Faye, you’ll be bodyguarding tonight,” Yusef said, leaning against the mast.

Fayette, who had been relaxing on a hammock in the shade cast by the mast, gave an exaggerated sigh. “Damnit,” She grumbled, craning her head to look at her Captain, “I made plans for tonight.”

“Did those plans involve a bottle of wine?” he asked.

“Captain!” He chuckled at the indignation in her voice “I thought hard about my plans.” She held a hand p, extending two fingers to make a V. “They involved two bottles.”

“You should set a better example for your students,” he laughed.

“I am!” She insisted. “If they’re going to be mercenary soldiers, they have to be able to fight drunk and hung over, as well as sober!”

“Well tonight,” he said, “they need to look like they can fight while dressed for an Emir’s wedding feast.”

“Right, right. They can...”. Her voice faded away, and then she sat up with as much dignity as she could manage in a hammock. “What?”

“It’s time to let Esmerelda and Delinda show what they’ve learned,” Yusef laughed. “This should be an easy one for them.”

“And if it’s not?” Faye scowled.

Yusef laughed and clapped her on the shoulder. “Then I’ll be there to help as well.” He laughed again at her expression. “Go let Vati pick you out something nice to wear,” he told her. “And roust your Guard. We’ve got work to do, Knight-Commander!”

“I,” Faye gritted out, annoyed at the jibe, “will cut your balls off.” It has been old when Igama said it the first time, and it had just gotten older.

“And then our delightful employer won’t pay you,” he laughed. “Go. Go on. Get ready.”

“You look good,” Aurelia noted, looking over Delinda. The blue corset was a feminine contrast with the leather bracer and pauldrons adorning her right arm and shoulder. Delinda smirked, a vibrant expression of defiance in the face of what she endured. “You sure you are up for this?”

Delinda considered the question, and nodded, “I am, Captain. I’m ready.”

“Not quite,” a new voice piped up, “but she is close.” Esmeralda stood in the door, wearing her own blue dress and faux armor. In her case, it was silver jewelry spanning from her shoulder to her hand, with similar embellishments down her exposed right leg as well. “She needs to work on her scowl.”

“My scowl?” Delinda looked intrigued and amused. Esmeralda demonstrated with narrowed eyes and upturned lip, approximating one particular fellow crew member and Delinda stifled a laugh.

“Pretty good,” Aurelia acknowledged, nodding along. Then she turned her gaze behind Esmeralda, “Wouldn’t you agree, Fayette?”

Esmeralda and Delinda both turned defensively, expressions twisted into panic, but the hallway was empty. Aurelia laughed, and after a moment, Delinda joined her. Esmeralda resumed her scowl, “Not funny, Captain.”

“I disagree. Nevertheless, we should be going.”

~*~

An olive-skinned man draped in golds and maroon greeted the group, “Welcome, oh fair daughters of Edana.” He nodded toward Oliviero and Yusef, “And her favored sons, as well. Emir Khadra embraces your presence on this glorious day. Please, make yourself comfortable, and avail yourself of refreshments.”

The Emir’s estate was a white brick building, wrapping around a central courtyard filled with fragrant citrus trees. Party centered in the courtyard, illuminated by lanterns in the dusky reds and purples of early evening. A lavish banquet dominated one side, with the other featuring elaborate hookah setups surrounded by cushions.

Guests cheered and whistled at their arrival, drawing most of the women into conversation right away. Delinda, Esmeralda and Fayette positioned themselves at each wall, giving them a prime view of the festivities. This left Yusef standing by the wall nearest to the food and drink, to be approached by a roguish young man. “Can I offer you a drink?” He pushed the goblet into Yusef’s hands, pre-empting his objections, “No, I am not hitting on you. But the ladies will be busy for a time yet, and I’ve no interest in competing for their attention.

“Has anyone ever told you that you look like the late Caliph Suleimon Harmah al-Udain? I possess one of the few surviving portraits from before the Veil.” He drank deeply of his wine, glancing out over the party, but not at anything in particular. “My family were loyal vassals of the al-Udains for many generations.”

Last edited:
“Pay attention to everything,” Fayetteville instructed her two students - her Royal Guard as some of the crew joked, and she was going to cut a bitch if that kept up. Specifically, she’d cut Igama. He started it.

“Are we expecting any trouble?” Delineate asked, struggling to hide her nerves. Faye couldn’t blame her.

“We’re always expecting trouble,” Esmerelda laughed, hooking her thumbs in her sword belt. “Right?”

Faye slapped her hands away. “Clearly not, if you aren’t keeping your hands at the ready. And no, we’re not. But we’re also going to stab trouble if it happens.” She made shooing gestures. “Now go. Take your positions and remember that we’re not part of the entertainment.”

Sighing, she shook her head as they moved out and tried not to let her eyes linger on the sway of Esme’s hips and how the cut of her dress accentuated her legs. Then, because she had appearances to keep up, she glanced in a mirror and checked her own outfit. Despite Vati’s insistence, she wasn’t going to wear a long dress or fake armor, not a a real job. And if people didn’t like breeches and a knee-length tunic and a breastplate? Then they could fuck right off and die.

-*-

“Can I offer you a drink?” asked a dark-haired young man with eyes that quite literally glowed. Before Yusef could respond, a goblet was in his hands. “No, I am not hitting on you. But the ladies will be busy for a time yet, and I’ve no interest in competing for their attention.”

“Well,” Yusef replied with a shrug, “since I already have it, it would be a shame to waste it.” He took a sip, then nearly choked at the next question.

“Has anyone ever told you that you look like the late Caliph Suleimon Harmah al-Udain?”

“Ah, no.”,” he managed, lying through his teeth. He knew for a fact that his great-grandfather had been the Sultan, actually. Which was why he went out of his way to not make a big deal of his surname. The Veiled Whisper seemed unconcerned by any surviving members of the bloodline, but he had no doubt the Demon Lord would crush him in an instant if he looked a threat. Naming his company the Free Company of al-Udan had been about as far as he’d been willing to go.

The man regarded him with those burning lavender eyes. “I possess one of the few surviving portraits from before the Veil.” He drank deeply of his wine, glancing out over the party, but not at anything in particular.

“You don’t say,” Yusef replied dryly, sipping carefully at his own wine and watching the party. So far, things were mostly tame. The guests were talking - flirting, really - with the women of the Siren. For the most part, at least. Safia was already dancing quite close with a dusky nobleman and a dark-skinned woman wth elaborate facial markings.

“My family were loyal vassals of the al-Udains for many generations,” the lavender-eyed man added.

“I wouldn’t brag about that,” Yusef replied, still watching the guests. “The wind has ears.” He watched as Aurelia leaned forward just a bit, affording the man she was speaking with a better view of her cleavage. “And with a name like Nadir Yusef al-Udan, I’d rather the wind not listen to me.”

“Fair enough,” the young man acknowledged, finishing off his glass. He watched the party, gathered mostly around the newest arrivals, for several moments, before sighing loudly and shaking his head. “The ladies are a lovely distraction, but I was on a hot streak before they arrived, and now my fellow players abandoned the table to try their luck with the whores.”

He turned back to Yusef, “Perhaps you’ll join me for a game of cards? I know you have a job to do, but surely you can keep a watchful eye over the party at the same time? I can’t imagine it’s very interesting to just stand around and watch everyone else have a good time.”
~*~​
All of the duties she was expected to perform as a courtesan, Aurelia found conversation to be the most tedious. Not the worst, mind, just boring. Sure, it was preferable to the cruel and sadistic desires of some clients, but in her current position, she could usually turn such propositions down. Not so much with the banal small talk so many clients expected of her. Sex was simple, straightforward, and while it was occasionally dull, at least there was a goal to work toward. Dialogue was without point, an excuse for her mostly male clientele to bare their souls to a captive audience. And while it was not usually a bother to soothe their worries and fluff their egos, it would be simpler just to jack them off.

Her current client, while rather handsome for an older man, was not particularly interesting. He, Rafiq, was discussing his connection to the guest of honor, some business partner of the man’s father. Textile imports just wasn’t a gripping subject, a fact her wide-eyed expression betrayed. She’d long since perfected her enthralled expression and even added in the lean towards him, a position that emphasized her cleavage and would hopefully get Rafiq thinking more pruriently. Still, he droned, and Aurelia almost turned towards her lover in distraction. Was Yusef as bored as she was? Probably moreseo, unless she put on a show.

“I quite find myself in the mood to dance,” Aurelia suggested, standing from her seat and swaying her hips. With a smile and a wink, she slid one hand down her half-clothed body before extending it toward Rafiq. “Shall I perform for your enjoyment, or would you like to join me?”

The young man with the glowing eyes sighed theatrically. “The ladies are a lovely distraction, but I was on a hot streak before they arrived, and now my fellow players abandoned the table to try their luck with the whores.”

Yusef snorted involuntarily. “Trying your luck with the whores is like gambling with loaded dice,” he grinned. “Not much luck involved.” Unless they’re off the clock, he added to himself.

The comment seemed to amuse the man. “Perhaps you’ll join me for a game of cards? I know you have a job to do, but surely you can keep a watchful eye over the party at the same time? I can’t imagine it’s very interesting to just stand around and watch everyone else have a good time.”

“Oh, you’d be amazed at how interesting it can be to watch other people have a good time,” Yusef countered. “But sure, let’s play cards.”

-*-

“I quite find myself in the mood to dance,” Aurelia suggested, standing from her seat and swaying her hips. With a smile and a wink, she slid one hand down her half-clothed body before extending it toward Rafiq. “Shall I perform for your enjoyment, or would you like to join me?”

“I was being rather dull, wasn’t I?” Rafiq laughed, rising and taking her hand. “And you are an exemplar of grace to say so in such a delightful way.” He raised Aurelia’s fingers to his lips, kissing them gently. “I believe that I would enjoy your performance, whether I watched you or joined you.” He eyed her speculatively. “But, I think I should prefer to join you. Do you know the sword dance, perhaps?”

The young man snickered at Yusef’s remark about loaded dice, and lead him towards the abandoned table, still littered with cards. Allowing Yusef to take the chair against the wall, so he could keep an eye on the party, the nobleman sat in the opposite chair. Nimble fingers shuffled the deck before dealing out the cards in blurry flashes.

He sorted his cards, and peered over his hand with bright eyes. “So, you fuck any of them?” He asked, motioning with his head back towards the women. “Any recommendations?” He finished off his glass, giving Yusef a chance to answer, before waving over a servant.

“Yes, Lord ul-Alfrayit?”

“More wine, and uh…” He glanced over to Yusef, “You want something to eat?”

~*~​

Aurelia resisted the urge to laugh at Rafiq’s self-awareness, only allowing her smile to deepen. Perhaps he wasn’t so bad. “You need to relax. Forget about your duties for just a little while.”

The look in his eyes captured her meaning, “Do you know the sword dance, perhaps?”

A light laugh, filled with nostalgia, left her lips. It was like being a teenager again. Except without the petty theft. “Oh, I know a few.” Hips swayed to the beat set by the drums, a simple, hypnotic rhythm. Her wrists, on the other hand, flicked and twisted in an intricate pattern. Quick, precise movements that emphasized long, slender limbs. The movements mimicked the forms of wielding a thin blade, albeit, in a softer, more elegant manner.

“Is this what you were hoping for, Rafiq?” She asked, caressing his face while her arm was gracefully extended, “Or was there some other sword you had hoped I might handle?”

“So, you fuck any of them?” the nobleman asked over his cards, nodding at Aurelia and the others.

“I was taught that a gentleman doesn’t discuss such matters,” Yusef said in a lofty tone of voice, selecting two cards and discarding them. His host looked scriptural as he dealt two replacements. “So I can tell you that I have fucked...”. He thought a moment. “Five? Maybe six of them.”

The reply earned a burst of laughtrr. “Any recommendations?”

Yusef’s reply was a shrug. “It depends on your tastes, really. All of thrm are a good lay, so it depends on if you like kittens or tigers.”

“As to that,” the nobleman replied, gesturing for a servant, “I find it depends on my mood. A tiger is an exciting encounter, but upon occasion I prefer to saddle a mare and ride for hours.” He held up his glass as the servant approached.

“Yes, Lord ul-Alfrayit?”

“More wine, and uh…” He glanced over to Yusef, “You want something to eat?”

“A slice of whatever that is on the spit,” Yusef decided, milling over the revelation of his host’s identity. “And a flask of ale.”

-*-

“Is this what you were hoping for, Rafiq?” She asked, caressing his face while her arm was gracefully extended, “Or was there some other sword you had hoped I might handle?”

“Oh, it was masterfully done,” Rafiq acknowledged, not bothering to hide the admiration in his gaze as he let his eyes caress her body. “But, not quite what I had in mind. You see...” he drew the two curved swords at his belt to thunderous applause, the edges glinting in the light, “the sword dance is a different thing, in this region.”

There was a sudden blur, and Rafiq froze as razor-sharp steel touched his throat. “Drop them,” Faye hissed, eyes hard. “Or you’re a dead man.”

Aurelia stepped closer, in between Fayette and Rafiq, and pushed the blade aside. “Vigilant as always, Faye,” she started, deliberately not rebuking her. A slight overreaction, admittedly, but it would be good for the guests to see how serious their guards were. Let them be worried about crossing a line. A healthy sense of paranoia would keep everyone safe and happy, and prevent the crew from burning down yet another port of call. “I have this handled.”

Faye met her eyes, steel blue irises holding her gaze for a moment, before relenting. Aurelia turned back to Rafiq, favoring him with a smile, and caressing one of his hands on his blade. “Naked steel stirs up the blood far more than naked flesh. One must be quite careful when wielding either.” Easing the sword from his hands, Aurelia took just a moment to examine the blade. Oxidized silver and etched with an intricate pattern, it would be quite the waste to shed blood with such a blade.

Aurelia twirled the blade in her hand, and another flash of nostalgia returned. Far older than her teenage years, this time. “I have heard tale that the Onyx Queen won the heart and hand of Sultan with her sword dance.” Unbidden, memories returned, directing her blade. The steady rhythm of the drums played counterpoint to the whistle of steel cutting the air. Grace and strength merged in her form, flowing with the same smoothness and inescapable power as a river.

After a moment, Rafiq matched her motions, mirroring and diverging, but never touching her or the blade she wielded. Swords came within inches of each other as each of them spun and slashed, but never broke the tempo the drums with the din of steel hammering steel. Metal whispered over skin, as light as a lover’s touch, and just as gentle. No blood was drawn, no loose flowing garments were ruined. Even as the tempo and volume of the drums increased, building with the flashing of razor edges and candlelight, before reaching a potent climax, and both dancers rooted in place, tips of each sword pointed at the other’s heart.

~*~​

Lord ul-Alfrayit half turned at the change of tension in the room, silent electricity surging like the onset of a thunderstorm. Rafiq stood still with his blades in hand, and Aurelia talked down Fayette.

“The northerner strikes me as a dragon,” he remarked, dealing out replacements for the cards Yusef had discarded. “Do her claws cut as deep as her blade?” The brief look of horror on Yusef’s face spoke volumes and he instead laughed, “Perhaps it is better I do not find out. As much as I might pride my luck, it always has a habit of running out at the worst times.”

The servant returned then, bearing a platter of meat and bread, along with drinks. Lord ul-Alfrayit passed Yusef his food and flask, and tossed a couple coins into the pot, “Call.” He laid down a low straight, three through seven. He turned again as the gathered guests cheered, watching Aurelia’s dance with interest.

“Perhaps she is a wiser choice. But she reminds me of a childhood infatuation, a fantasy from before the burdens of aristocracy set in. To think, I considered marrying that street rat, just because of the silken grip between her thighs.” He laughed, and held up his wine to toast with Yusef, “To youthful stupidity.”

“To youthful stupidity,” Yusef agreed, clinking his goblet against the one held by Lord ul-Alfrayit. “And May we never grow old.”

As he drank he regarded the glowing-eyed nobleman with curiousity and vague suspicion. He’d pieced together bits of Aurelia’s history, and learned she hadn’t been born a slave. And that she was from this region. And now, Lord ul-Alfrayit said that she reminded him of someone. Was it possible..?

No. Surely not.

“I’d rather have a street rat with a silken vise than a noblewoman with wealth and no passion. Speaking of which...”. He laid his own hand down triumphantly, revealing the ace, queen, jack, and ten of spades and the king of hearts. “The court of the Onyx Queen,” he declared, raking in the pot. “Maybe you should talk to the whores, before your luck runs out entirely?”

-*-

Rafiq inhaled slowly and deeply, eyes burning with excitement and lust. “Naked steel does indeed stir the blood,” he agreed, watching Aurelia’s breasts move as she breathed as well. “But tell me this: do you wield naked flesh as skillfully?” He traced the curve of her body with his sword, the edge close enough to feel without touching her. “I am curious, you see, to learn which truly stirs the blood more.”

Back
Top Bottom