Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Watched Halloween Ends in theater on last Friday.

Long story short it was a disappointment, and my expectations weren't that high to begin with. Only thing I really expected was to see some decent kills and gore-scenes, which the movie didn't really deliver outside of one exception.

Watched Halloween Ends in theater on last Friday.

Long story short it was a disappointment, and my expectations weren't that high to begin with. Only thing I really expected was to see some decent kills and gore-scenes, which the movie didn't really deliver outside of one exception.
That's too bad. I've been looking forward to that one for a while, now. I'd like to hope that Saw X is going to save the day when it comes out (next week, I think), but that ship sailed more than a few episodes ago.

On that note, why is AMC so gung ho about showing the reboot of A Nightmare on Elm St. this month, ad nauseam, but they don't show any of the originals? At least show 1-3! The reboot tried to reuse all the original jokes & lines, but they fell flat. I gave the reboot a fair chance, but (either through acting or directing), the new Freddy just doesn't have Robert Englund's panache. They have no problem showing the OG Halloween series or any other classic horrors, so why not NOES?

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, I'm probably one of the 10 people in the world who has never seen this movie growing up or like ever-- glad I'm finally watching the classics >.<

Moonfall

It was dumb.

Baba Yaga (1973) -- here's the wiki page.

It's a super-weird, niche film amidst the recycled crap Amazon Video or Netflix overwhelms you with. Had never really heard of it, ended up watching it ... so captivated for all the wrong reasons. It's a Giallo film (new genre to me) that's semi-erotic, supernatural, cinemagraphically stunning. Has light, tasteful touches of sapphic elements and BDSM. Isabelle De Funès is just ... so sexy.

Terrifier 1 and 2 (2016 and 2022) - As a fan of slasher-flicks who had lost all the hope for any decent slasher flick to pop after 00's these two were a huge positive surprises all around. Extremely gory, well-made practical effects, an actual slasher villain with recognizable look and personality and some cheese from the 80's thrown into the second one as a good measure.

Heathers (1989) - My partner wanted to show this to me and it was alright coming-of-age story that handled the themes presented in it well in my opinion. Might've gotten too many intentional and unintentional laughs out of J.D. though.

The Terminator. Me and the kid. He's never seen it, not in its entirety. He's definitely appreciating that movies from the 80s and 90s weren't that bad after all.

Last edited:
All Quiet On The Western Front. A WW1 movie about a young German soldier trying to survive the war right until its final days, while reckless officers compel the hapless soldiers to violence against their own wishes. Set against the backdrop of the armistice negotiations. Movie did not pull any punches on the brutality, unfairness, and savagery of the first world war.

Weird: The Al Yankovic Story. If you're a Gen Xer who's somewhere around 50 and loved Weird Al as a kid, you'll enjoy this. Otherwise the appeal is pretty slim. It's a 15-minute joke stretched to 2 hours and it really feels like it too. But I enjoyed the numerous cameos and references, and the satire is done with a lot of insight. The real standout is Evan Rachel Wood as Madonna; playing her as this manipulative femme fatale and she just steals every scene.

Don't Worry Darling.

Controversy aside, I was concerned for the director's mental state when the credits rolled.
It was basically Gaslighting: The Film.

Disenchanted. True to it's name, it was very... disenchanting compared to the first one in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom