Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Saw Bullet Train there other day. It was... eh.
Trying too hard to be all quirky and there were some cool bits, Brad Pitt was pretty good in it, but it didn't really come together.

Prey Which I enjoyed. As mentioned above best one since the second one. I hope it does well enough to get more movies, and hopefully, they improve. But still really enjoyed it.

Purple heart on Netflix while I was on a flight. I am a sucker for movies like it, so I enjoyed the story and the soundtrack.

I saw Train to Busan with friends, a Korean zombie movie from 2016 that's really well done in my opinion. Great acting and the writing was better than your average horror film.

Finally managed to watch The Boy and thought Lauren Cohan was pretty good in it. Haven't always liked her acting from The Walking Dead or other things I've seen her in.

Prey

Very well directed, but falls short of the first film. It's certainly the best one since at least the second film, although I'd say I enjoyed it more than the second. The film is really let down by some of the action being far less grounded than it ought to be. There are times where the choreography is a bit too slick and feels entirely odd and out of place in a story and setting that is otherwise very grounded. One's suspension of disbelief is beat even harder into the ground by the protagonist, who in no way seems capable of prevailing. It reminds me of the second film and how I always found it difficult to believe that Danny Glover could have any chance of surviving. I feel like there were some very real issues with the yautja in the film, who is characterized as being entirely stupid and incompetent-- at least when it concerns the protagonist and her tribe.

The film is ultimately carried by Amber Midthunder's charisma and talent as an actress (every single performance was great though), as well as her very pretty face. In particular, her eyes are very emotive. The film does manage to build good suspense, because the sound design manages to make the yautja in the film menacing and spooky at times,. This has been something that the franchise has lost over the last thirty years, and I highly implore people watch this film with good headphones or surround sound. As an entirely unwanted and inappropriate aside, no your Ray Cons are not good headphones.

Ultimately I enjoyed this film, despite my issues with it. It came very close to being great, but is ultimately held back by the eye rolling nature of the protagonist. I'm also willing to bet some special snowflake types will start frothing at the mouth over some very liberal dog whistling going on. I wouldn't watch this with anyone that gets upset about the liberal agenda (lol).

I liked Amber in a couple movies carried by Netflix. Don't think I have the service carrying this movie yet. LOL

Gladiator ~ I've seen it before though this time was needing a wee bit of inspiration. One has to appreciate how well Joaquin Phenix is able to pull off playing such a sadistic prick who is deep down really a wuss.

Anyhum, thumbs up because it is a brilliant movie no matter how many times one watches it.
4YNJ.gif

Orphan. It was supposed to be this great horror/suspense/thriller movie. Boy, did it ever miss that boat.

Up In The Air ~ I Ended up watching it before work and finishing it whilst at work. It was alright, though I would probably think it could have been better without the broken-up watching of said movie. Overall, I would probably watch it again.

Thumbs up...? Sorta

Batman Begins.

Incredibly underrated.
I always come back to it way more often than the rest of the Bale movies. That said I'm not too sure if I'd say it's that underrated, it made a fair amount of money and got great reviews.

Then "The Dark Knight" basically overshadowed it.

For me it was Seven Samurai, rewatched it after a lengthy Kurosawa drought. Still one of the best movies ever made in my eyes, powerful imagery and great performances by the entire cast.

Definitely a 10/10, pretty rare considering only two or three other movies come close to it.

RRR. I decided to give it a watch on Netflix. I'm Defenitely not the biggest fan of Indian cinema, but this one I really enjoyed. It was packed with a little bit of everything, in a three hour run. The movie didn't take itself too seriously what led to some amazing scenes. The music was very enjoyable as well. Overall a fun movie experience. A rollercoaster of emotions for sure.

Decided to watch something other than weeb-stuff today, so ended up watching two movies, which both I enjoyed a lot:

Drive (2011) - Extremely engaging and well-shot movie with an atmosphere and OST that I really liked. Also Ryan Gosling was the perfect pick for the Driver if you ask me.

Nightcrawler (2014) - Interesting premise executed really well. Main character was someone I loved to hate and the ending was definitely something I didn't expect.

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Good god, I knew it looked bad from the trailers, but this movie was straight ASS. Every protagonist is moronic. Wanda is OP until the plot needs her not to be, and then you're left wondering why she doesn't one-shot kill the biggest obstacles hindering her from her goals after completely shitting on five"Avengers". And then she just guilts herself into "dying" at the end and destroys the evil book in every multiverse because that was always allowed somehow. This is Thor: Dark World levels of "Wow, I wasted hours of my life on this."

Fuck this, I'm watching Spider-Man.

Back
Top Bottom