Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hoist the colors!

If that's supposed to be a hint I'm extremely tipsy and I have a friend over. I'll post ASAP tomorrow. :p

Quentin Hall
“Saber Practice; or, Learning the Wrong Lesson”

“Ow!”

“Got you!”

Quentin glared at his sparring partner as he tried to flex his nerveless, stinging hand. It was bad enough that the practice saber hurt. Did it have to be a girl that beat him? Especially one that was, in a way his prepubescent mind was both intrigued and appalled by, pretty? It was intolerable.

“Decorum, Linora Sunfell!” Master Yoda chided. “Victory flows from the Force.” He pokes the girl in the sternum. “Glory in it, a Jedi does not!”

“Yes, Master Yoda,” she said, she denounced contrite. But she stuck her tongue out at Quentin as the Master turned to face him.

“And you, Quentin Hall.” Yoda shook his head. “Skilled you are, but too reliant on the forms.” Stopping, he picked up the lad’s fallen practice saber and handed it back. “A Jedi senses his opponents actions, and responds to them in advance. Set the terms of the engagement, and you will find victory.”

“I... think I understand,” Quentin said through gritted teeth. Sensation was returning like a million needles.

“Do you?” Master Yoda sounded amused. “Then ready your blades, younglings. Spar again, you will.”

“That was rough,” Rekyn observed.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Quentin grumbled.

The young Trandishan dropped a scaled hand on his shoulder. “What happened?”

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Quentin repeated, trying not to take his frustrations out on his roommate. Instead, he watched through the windows as the kids - two and three whole years younger than his eleven years old - took their positions. Blades ignited, and he watched a red-haired girl spar with a Zabrak youth. “She’s just better than me, all right?”

Quentin lay on his thin mattress, staring at the bunk above him. The sleep period had begun an hour ago, but sleep wouldn’t come. Instead, the memories of defeat after humiliating defeat played through his mind, battering past his efforts to calm his thoughts. Yes, he’d lost saber bouts before - that was to be expected. But he’d never lost ten times in a row to the same person. The same girl!

Set the terms of the engagement, Master Yoda had said. Well, it hadn’t helped! What did that little green muppet know, anyway? Probably laughing at him right now, the same way Linora had laughed...

Set the terms of the engagement...

Quentin smiled slowly in realization. No, Master Yoda hadn’t been laughing at him. He’d been right! And he knew just what he needed to do to control the engagement!

Still smiling, he slipped out of hi bed and silently dressed himself. Yes, he knew what he needed to do...

“Oh, come on!” Linora snapped, exasperated as Quentin parried her swing again. “Can’t you even try?”

Seven, Quentin counted to himself, stepping backwards. He fought to contain his growing sense of triumph.

Linora closed on him, irritation radiating from her. “It won’t matter, but at least make it interesting!” She feinted at his head, then swung low. Quentin caught the blade and, in a flash of actinic light, both deactivated. She stumbled, off balance, and went to one knee.

Quentin had been expecting it. “You lose!” he crowed, reigniting the practice blade and driving it into her back. “He’s that for interesting?”

“You cheated!” Linora shouted back, tackling him to the ground. They rolled across the practice floor, a tangle of fists and knees and elbows, heedless of Master Yoda’s commands to stop. Suddenly, both youths were jerked away and into the air.

“Shame, younglings,” the Master scolded, glaring at both bruised, bloodied children. “Shame yourselves, you do! Punishment, we will decide later. Sit, you will, and meditate.” He let then drop. “Both of you.”

Limping, both of them made their way to the far wall and knelt. After a minute, Quentin could hear Linora whisper a question. “You did cheat, didn’t you?”

“I controlled the engagement,” Quentin whispered back, a touch smug. “Just like Master Yoda said.”

“By rigging my saber to shut down?” Linora asked.

“Yep.”

She fell silent. “That’s... kind of cool, actually. But, how did you know which one I’d get?”

“I didn’t.”

“You didn’t? Then how..?”

Behind then, they could hear the sounds of multiple sabers shutting down. “I rigged all of them.”

That was adorable. And I loved the brief Kaydia cameo.

Muse: Oh, let's write a cute backstory for Kaydia now!
Me: Or I could get on that post I owe.
*Muse considers this for a time.*
Muse: No.

I had fun with that Kaydia cameo, yeah.

One of these days I’ll probably write the one about how Valis chose him as an apprentice. It involves breaking and entering. (Honestly, if Quentin hadn’t ended up a Jedi, he’d probably have been a con man and burglar.)

Seen on Twitter:

Shānguǐ (山鬼). Literally "mountain ghost." a jilted lover in the classical Nine Songs, she developed over time into a woman living in the wilderness, married to a red leopard or a tiger. Considered the goddess of Mt. Wū (巫山神女). Painted by Hwa San-chiuen.#FolkloreThursday
3de9afe02f05fe177780e41c7fe7d867--chinese-mythology-red-leopard.jpg

I feel like I need to find a use for this character. Somehow.

Few things are as horrifying as seeing the autocorrect-induced errors in a post three days after you thought you edited them all out.

I will see your embarrassment and raise you the embarrassment of finding a new error each time I open my ms. Doesn't help that I have three versions of it and I forget whi h version is the most edited version.

It’s a day late, but here’s an absurd little Valentines story.

Quentin Hall
“Too Much Information”

“You mammals,” Master Valis scoffed. “I just don’t see how you can be so, so obsessed with your nauseating reproductive strategies.” His head fins wilted. “Inserting an excretory organ to fertilize an egg. Ugh.”

After two years studying under his Master, Quentin knew better than to protest that he hadn’t been staring at the scantily-clad young women in the beach instead of paying attention to the investigation. “It’s, well...” his voice trailed off as he wondered if he was the right person to defend the idea of sex to his amphibious Master. All he knew was that it didn’t sound nauseating at all to his 15-year-old imagination. “How, how do the Axotl reproduce, then?” he heard himself ask.

“In a beautiful, romantic way,” Valis replied. “When first stage estrus sets in on a female household, they examine the credentials and profiles of potential sires, looking for good matches. Once they have been selected, the females deposit egg clusters in the family spawning pool.”

As Quentin watched, his Master’s grills rippled contentedly. “The sires then enter the spawning pool, swimming in an intricate dance as they expel seminal fluids from their cloacas -“ He looked up, Black making his dark, wet eyes. “This does not, I hope, embarrass you?”

“No, Master,” Quentin assured him.

“Good. Many youths of your species are ashamed to discuss sexuality frankly. The ability to set aside cultural constructs is essential to a Jedi.” Valis watched him for a moment. “Where was I?”

“Uhm, cloacas,” Quentin mumbled. He wasn’t embarrassed, but there were some things he didn’t need to know.

“Ah, yes,” Valis replied wistfully. “As the sires swim, they become emboldened by the hormones within the seminal fluids. We begin pushing and wrestling, seeking dominance as we seek to reach the egg clusters. The successful male presses the fertilized eggs to his skin, adhering them. The gelatinous membranes bond with his skin, allowing his blood to nourish the quickened embryos as the as the amniotic sac is depleted.”

“Uh huh,” Quentin interjected, keeping his voice carefully neutral.

“The females care for the brood sure as the embryos mature, feeding him and grooming his swelling natal growths until the fingerlings burst forth from his skin.” His crest swayed and ripples. “New life is welcomed with cries of joy and hymns of thanksgiving.”

“Uhm,” was the only thing Quentin could think of to say. Then, a question occurred to him. “Have... have you been a, a brood sire?”

“Obviously not,” Valis replied, a note if wistful sadness in the words.

“Because you are a Jedi?”

“No, no,” Valis replied. “The brood sire yields up his life to the fingerlings, dying in the act of nourishing them. His final act of love is to feed the newly-hatched children with his dying flesh, as the household pays homage to his devotion to the future.” He sighed happily. “Such nobility. Such elegance. Surely, you must agree that it surpasses in beauty the mammalian rutting your own species indulges in?”

“Uhm...” Quentin spent a moment staring at the delightfully mammalian contours of an ebon-skinned woman in a brief bathing costume. “To each their own, I suppose.”

I’m trying to clean out my PMs, and found the following suggestion from way back about how Jack and Jenny might have been reunited after she was kidnapped by the East India Company. For context, you need the following facts:

‘TheCorsair’ said:
Madam Mim said:
So I've been meaning to ask... What do we do about Scarlet and Giselle while keeping him true to Jenny?

Maybe he uses them as "cover". Everyone sees the notorious Caprain Jack come rolling into town and scoop up not one but two whores and vanish, and they nudge each other and tell bawdy tales abiut his prowess.

Jack, meanwhile, is actually good friends with them. Maybe he rescued them from the Dutchman, or while they were being transported to Australia. They hang out, drinking and talking and playing cards and the like, and then all three lie about what went on.

And the slapping?

Well, he is Captain Jack Sparrow.

Beat and tidy, right? But it could have backfired.

Madam Mim said:
So more ideas that come to me as I'm trying to fall asleep, RE: Scarlet and Giselle.

So Jenny's gonna get kidnapped then stolen back and all that great stuff right? I picture this scene where Jack's got her back, they pull into Tortuga for a few days to resupply and whatnot. Jack disappears, because he's got a reputation to maintain, and we've already established he's just got an arrangement with them and doesn't actually sleep with them. Jenny doesn't know this.

She runs into them in town, Jack's arms around Scarlet and Giselle's waists. Jenny very calmly informs Jack that he's to sail straight for Dover, get her home, then never ever come near her or her children ever again. She turns on her heel and heads back to the ship, big dramatic scene in the Captain's Cabin with Jenny being (rightfully) upset and Jack trying desperately to explain things. He tries to touch her before everything's straightened out and he won't just get slapped; she'll haul off and punch him with a closed fist. XD

Thoughts?

I remembered this!! But there was really no place to put it and we'd lingered in Tortuga long enough when we sent Jack Jr. there so I figured we'd just leave it. Holy crap that was forever ago you still have this one? o_O

I need to clean out my PMs too. I have folders where I keep ideas for our RPs, but so many of the PMs in my inbox have the same title that it's a daunting task to sort through and see which ones are worth keeping for plot points.

And, of course, a bit of dialogue from the hypothetical (at the time) ‘Jack explains why he wasn’t at home to protect Jenny from being kidnapped’ scene:

"Well, love, it's like this... I died, right? But, if I could deliver 100 souls to Davy Jones in one year, I'd get me soul back and the Pearl in the bargain. So, if you think about it, I was doing it for our family." Beat. "No, I'll just get slapped again."

I imagine that happened anyway, on the Dutchman after they died, maybe talking to Will in private to explain why this is happening.

I am still trying to figure out how Jack didn't didn't get slapped that time he rolls into Dover and see his son for the first time, but was gone so long he didn't know the boy was his so he asks whose baby it was. I audibly gasped and said "No he didn't. I hope Jenny slaps him."

And before I get back to actually writing, a few “omake” scenes from His Redemption. All are set right around the time Aurianna and Clara made it to Monsford...

Jeoram and Ari
(Note: at the time, there had been some discussion that Jeoram would brutally rape Justine after selling himself to Baath-Me’el...)
Jeoram: Ari, I think we still have a chance together.
Ari: You sold your soul to Baath Me’el
Jeoram: I thought you were into that!
Ari: You let your friends rape me.
Jeoram: So did Matthias, When he brought you before Baath Me’el’s court.
Ari: You raped my best friend!
Jeoram: You cheated on me too. If I can forgive you, why can’t you forgive me?
Ari: I literally want to kill you.
Jeoram: Kinky. Hate fuck?
Ari: No
Jeoram: I am hearing yes.
Ari: Because you are a rapist.

Demon Matthias trying to get back with Aurianna...
Matthias: Hey, Ari.
Ari: Go away.
Matthias: What's wrong, baby?
Ari: You tried to rape Clara, that's what!
Matthias: It's not like it meant anything! I mean, I don't even like her!
Ari: That's supposed to make it better?
Matthias; Look, I brought you a bouquet to make amends. *hands over a sack*
Ari: *looks in sack* This isn't a bouquet, Matthias. It's a sack full of heads.
Matthias: Murder is how demons say "I love you".
Matthias: ...
Matthias: Well, actually it's how we say "I want to fuck you."
Matthias: You know, because we can't actually feel love.
Ari: Go away.
Matthias: Come on, don't they make you a little horny?
Air: No.
Matthias: I'm hearing yes.
Jeoram: Hey, that's my line!
Matthias: ...
Matthias: If I kill him, will it make you horny?

And part three of this nonsense...
Jeoram: Haha, when I offered her your head, she was totally down to fuck.
Ari: No I wasn’t.
Matthias: I mean, she was into it when I offered her the mangled genitals of would be rapists.
Ari: No, I wasn’t!
Justine: Hey, maybe you two should fight, and Ari can fuck the victor! *pulls Ari aside while they are distracted* So, are you done with men yet?
Ari *holds her thumb abs for finger close together*: I swear to Afodisia, I am this close.
Justine: I can work with that!

And as bonus not-funny content, the way things could have gone for Justine...
“It’s been a month Justine,” Dianna stated with a huff, “You are going to have to come to grips with it. Aurianna and Clara are dead. “

Justine said nothing, sharpening her makeshift arrowheads, and scowling at the heavily armored woman across the campfire form her.

“Or worse,” Leonidas added, lacing up his boots, “I bet Matthias took them right back to Baath Me’el.”

“That doesn’t even make sense. Matthias rescued Aurianna from there, and risked his life to do it. Why would he go back?” Justine countered, tossing away an arrowhead in frustration, picking up another.

“He’s a demon now. They aren’t known for their rationality. They are known for their vices.” Leonidas argued “Maybe he didn’t go back to the Ebon Keep, but he probably feed on them by now.”

“Dead is the best hope we have for them. Matthias wasn’t even a good paladin, and he made for a fearsome demon. I’d hate to think what Aurianna would end up like, if she sold her soul…” Dianna added, shuddering at the thought. Justine didn’t look at either of them, focusing on her work, angry tears forming as her rational mind knew they had to be right. It has been a month, and they had nothing to show for it. Justine looked over at her apprentice, Sue. The slender blonde was hugging herself tightly, as she tried not to hear what they were saying. Just as Aurianna had been her best friend, so was Clara her apprentice’s. It was just as hard for her to hear this, as it was for Justine.

“Sue, why don’t you refill out canteens, before we head off for the day?” Justine instructed, and Sue just nodded weakly, walking away from the group, in obvious mourning of her good friend. Justine glowered at the Other two paladins now.

“You are not doing her any favors,” Dianna said in response to Justine’s glare, “The death of comrades is something we all have to get used to. Don’t shield her form this. We all cared for Aurianna, it’s why we are here, trying to save her from her fate. It’s not easy for any of us to accept her demise, but it’s necessary if we want to move on with our lives.”

“It’s time to head back to the temple. I am sure your wife misses you greatly,” Leonidas advised, suiting up the rest of his armor. His eyes caught on something in the distance, squinting hard to make it out. “By the Goddess…Ravenous!”
Justine dived for her bow, rolling into a smooth motion, and unleashing two arrows as she came up to her knees. The only weakness the Ravenous possessed were their eyes, and Justine had put both shots in there.

“Matthias?” Dianna questioned, pulling her long blade and hefting her shield up. It was her last word, as a golden sword pierced through the back of her head, her mouth erupting with a bloody blade.

“How dare you compare me to that traitor,” Came from the voice behind the helm, great golden armor that was twisted by demonic influence. Blood was drawn up his sword, fueling his demonic from, as he ripped the helm off, letting his long golden hair flow freely behind his devilish smile. Justine was still loosing arrows at the charging Ravenous, as she turned to see the man she had hoped to see on this quest. Jeoram. The next arrow hit him in the throat, catching his attention, focusing his red eyes at the petite Paladin. He pulled it from his neck and snapped it in one hand, while his sword drained the last of Dianna’s life. The wound was already closing as he turned to face her. She pulled an arrow from her quiver, but Jeoram swung first, shattering her bow into kindling.

“What are you going to do now, Lady Archer?” Jeoram mocked, stalking closer. Leonidas came at him with his Warhammer, but Jeoram easily deflected his blow, disemboweling the Paladin without wavering his vile gaze from Justine. Justine responded by pulling the dual daggers from her belt. She rushed Jeoram, slashing like a mad woman, but Jeoram sidestepped easily. Wrapping his free arm around her neck as she stumbled past him, he lifted her off the ground, bracer digging into her neck.

“Not quite the haughty Paladin bitch I was hoping to run into, but you will do quite nicely.” He breathed deeply the scent of her hair, squeezing her tightly to hear her choking gasps. “Why bring one woman back to Baath Me’el when I can bring three…or four,” He threatened, noticing Sue as she become visible in the distance.

“Sue, run!” Justine screamed, her voice not carrying well as Jeoram strangled her.” The ravenous began to pursue, until Jeoram held up his sword, order them to halt.

“Let her go. She will bring Aurianna right to me.” Jeoram declared, laughing manically. He ground lewdly against Justine’s ass. “I think I’ll wait until you are addicted to cock before presenting you to Baath Me’el,” He snarled into her ear.

I tell a lie. I also found this bit of nonsense:

Shipping award
Oracle: Ari and Matthias are the OTP. It’s endgame and it will be canon.
Clara: *shudders* eww, more like NOTP.
Justine: You guys are so limited by heteronormative monogamy. I ship her in a poly relationship with Cassi and Justine.
Jeoram: Am I the only one who ships Jeoram and Ari?
Everyone else, in unison: Yes.
Matthias: Matthias and Ari isn’t sustainable… She deserves better…
Aurianna: *hides all her Ari and Matthias fluff from him* I mean, yeah, sure, if you think so. >.> <.<
Baath-Me'el: i ship Baath-Me'everyone. Anyone else?
Everyone: No!
Matthias: Wait... how about Jeorame'el?
Jeoram: No!
Baath-Me'el: Sure!
Jeoram: I'm not comfortable with this!
Baath-Me'el: Come here, honeybuns... *makes kissy noises*

As for Jack asking about his son? I have no idea how he avoided getting slapped silly. At best.

Mostly Jenny's hands were full with baby or she would have. Also she was trying to avoid a scene in front of their friends and neighbors.

That special moment when you realize someone has no fucking clue about anatomy..,

6yezcgbhckj01.jpg

Because it's my new favorite meme.
Someone: Why are you trying to fuck a snake?
This dude, about to invent this bullshit: Oh, haven't you heard?

Back
Top Bottom