Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hoist the colors!

It would also have made her 14 in Legacy, which would be hugely problematic for any number of reasons...

Oh piffle! A 14-year-old can help raise her 19-year-old wife's bastard child! What're you talking about?!

The Crossover Christmas Special is live! I didn’t copy and paste Xana’s reply, just in case she felt like rewriting or expanding it.

Also, I figure we can throw this open to guest appearances from any other thread we’ve been involved in, not just the ones we’ve been doing together. The Shaman is a great example of that, as well as serving as a great deus ex machina for getting them there.

At this morning ment, I have no idea how to get the two halves of the narrative together. Jack really likes this demon-hunting idea...

Ummm...wacky time-travel incidents? A la the Doctor when he means to go one place and something happens in the timestream that zaps the TARDIS to another?

Alright, I borrowed from yule and other pagan rituals to develop a holiday for Monsford to participate in. Much like the real Christmas!

Victorians' Christmas Parlor Games Will Leave You Burned, Bruised, And Puking

A few highlights...

Traditionally played on Christmas Eve, players of Snapdragon must find themselves a broad, shallow bowl, and then prepare to risk their health. Into this bowl should be poured two dozen raisins. If raisins are hard to come by, almonds, grapes or plums will suffice. You should then pour a bottle of brandy into the bowl so that the raisins bob up and down like drowning flies. Place the bowl on a sturdy table, turn the lights down low, and then, with appropriate panache, ignite the brandy.

To play Snapdragon, arrange your family and friends around the blazing bowl so that their faces are lit in a demonic fashion and then, one by one, take turns plunging your hands into the flames in order to try and grab a raisin. If you can accomplish this, promptly extinguish the flaming raisin by popping it into your mouth and eating it.

And...
If anyone still had energy the evening could end with a game of Hoop and Hide, a diversion similar to Hide and Seek, although it came with the caveat that if anyone was caught hiding in or near a bed “the dispute ends in Kissing.”

I can hear Algernon Swift now. “Anyone want to play a party game?” And then, later on: “Dear me, Maame LaMonte. I have been discovered hiding in a bed.”

My computer crashed as I was reaching for the post button, wiping out a reply for Eclipse Before The Dawn. My current mood?

darth-vader-will-be-back-in-the-next-star-wars-movie.jpg

Oh man I feel you. I lost the wedding post to Redemption when it was 95% done, well over 1000 words. I am atill bitter.

xanaphia said:
Should we make a pit stop in Baroque era France first?
For the characters from that thread you had with Madam Mim? I'm game if she is.

Incidentally, the Puck isn't utterly random. He's from one of the very first RPs I was in here.

I'm game. :) We should probably pick that thread back up, y'know...

Also is that Puck like Shakespeare's Puck? I figured he'd be looking for the Pearl because fairies plus Captain Jack Sparrow isn't exactly am unheard-of combination.

Madam Mim said:

Also is that Puck like Shakespeare's Puck? I figured he'd be looking for the Pearl because fairies plus Captain Jack Sparrow isn't exactly am unheard-of combination.
:blush: That is 100% my fault. Hoping to finish the redemption novel over my vacation (which starts in
30 .minutes) then hopefully go back to my rps while famting the story out to beta readers.

If Puck is that Puck, then a Shakespeare connection could be made. Or am I inserting more logic than is necessary into the situation?

xanaphia said:
Madam Mim said:
:blush: That is 100% my fault. Hoping to finish the redemption novel over my vacation (which starts in
30 .minutes) then hopefully go back to my rps while famting the story out to beta readers.

No worries!! I fell behind a lot in October and November with my internship and everything, so chances are I would've been slow anyway. But I should be more on top of posts as well now that I'm gonna have a much easier schedule for probably at least the next year. (I think, anyway. We'll see what the workload brings.)

Madam Mim said:
xanaphia said:
Madam Mim said:

No worries!! I fell behind a lot in October and November with my internship and everything, so chances are I would've been slow anyway. But I should be more on top of posts as well now that I'm gonna have a much easier schedule for probably at least the next year. (I think, anyway. We'll see what the workload brings.)
Sounds good. I went back and re-read it, and remembered how much I loved writing Viola.

Did you want to get the next post in the group rp, or should I? I have an idea of how to get Mara in, but not sure where I want to stick her. I also wanted Older Clara (From Ascension) in, but not sure how to do that. Mostly I thought she could have a heart to heart with Jenny, someone who might actually understand and empathize her problems.

Clara: Am I being ungrateful, or does immortality kinda suck?

(Oh, and sorry to Corsair for turning your journal into an OOC thread).

xanaphia said:
Madam Mim said:
xanaphia said:

Sounds good. I went back and re-read it, and remembered how much I loved writing Viola.

Did you want to get the next post in the group rp, or should I? I have an idea of how to get Mara in, but not sure where I want to stick her. I also wanted Older Clara (From Ascension) in, but not sure how to do that. Mostly I thought she could have a heart to heart with Jenny, someone who might actually understand and empathize her problems.

Clara: Am I being ungrateful, or does immortality kinda suck?

(Oh, and sorry to Corsair for turning your journal into an OOC thread).

Jack and Verrier having a heart to heart wouldn’t work quite as well, I suspect.

Oh, and OOC away.

Back
Top Bottom