Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

|| Cell Block C ||

Status
Not open for further replies.
stana-katic-castle.jpg

Arriving in Cell Block C
Tags: Kaige

She listened, her expression emotionless. Kaige had never understood just how dangerous she was. Just how uncontrolled she could be.

"Settle down young lady," she snapped in response, like a mother chiding her screaming toddler, "you are a grown woman, not a sniffling child. Act like one."

Running her hands over her face she let out a loud sigh, calming the building frustration inside her. This had been a mistake. She shouldn't have checked in on her. It was getting them no where. You keep hoping she'll change. You keep hoping they'll cure her. But when am I going to stop kidding myself? None of it's going to happen. So why do I hope?

She didn't want to answer her own question. She knew it, and it sickened her to think she could feel any emotions for this creature other than loathing. then why speak to her at all? Why care?

Because someone had to.

She rubbed the annoyance off her face and when she looked in again she was calm, her eyes void of any anger or annoyance. The song she had sang a few lines from brought her back to when she was younger, listening to her mother sing it...it had always been a family favourite.

"Well, he gave her a dimestore watch and a ring made from a spoon," she sang under her breath but it picked up as she closed her eyes for a second and remembered those times, visiting and eating cookies, singing near the piano, "Everybone's looking for someone to blame. If you share my bed, you share my name. Well go ahead and call the cops. You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops. Well she said, baby I still love you. Sometimes there's nothing left to do. They hung a sign up in our town. If you live it up, you won't live it down. You gotta hold, hold on, you gotta hold on. Take my hand, I'm standing right here, you gotta hold on."

She stopped singing, realizing where she was at that Kaige could still hear her.

"Apologies," she stated, although she didn't sound at all sorry, "you reminded me of...well Nevermind."

She went to turn off the microphone, knowing this conversation was only going down hill. She had hoped to see improvement and promote her. She had hoped to see...something. But Kiage was still a lost and angry little girl like she was back then. Her finger rose and hovered over the cancel button, wondering why she tried somedays.

472161.jpg
Tags: Tessa/Tess​

"They're going to interrogate you, talk to you, maybe run tests on you. They want to find out more about your other personality, but if you show them you're completely normal there's a small chance you could be let go.. They might also try to purposefully bring Tess out." He says. "If you don't fight them you'll be put in a better place." He explains.

Tag: Candice

Kaige smiled. It was her usual smart ass, I don’t give a fuck smile, but it was a smile nonetheless. She had placed her hands on her hips as she turned her gaze away from this….this woman. ‘Who the fuck does she think she is,’ she wondered. ‘She comes down here, to me, and then gives me attitude when we talk about the big bad bitch that was my mother.’

Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard the words. It had been years, YEARS, since she heard them pass from anyone’s lips other than her own. Slowly she turned her head until her wide eyes met the woman. Even as she apologized, Kaige didn’t respond. It was only when she moved, her finger extending over a button, that Kaige made a sound. “ Well, you build it up, you wreck it down..You burn..your mansion..to the..ground..When there’s nothing left..to keep you here..when you’re falling behind..in this big..blue world..you gotta hold on..hold on..baby gotta hold..I’m standing..right..here.” She shook her head quickly, as if saying no to her, before looking down to the floor. Her eyes were red and wet when she looked up, but Kaige was too proud to cry. “Nobody else..ever sang that song..but the people..in my family. How do you..know it? Who are you? What did I remind you of? Who..did I..remind you of?” She placed her hand flat against the glass, across the crack. The word was on the tip of her tongue. It frightened her. All the anger, all the rage, was teetering on the brink of something. She had never come so close to letting it all go, to unleashing her emotions like this on anyone before. Yelling at the staff, killing a few a guards, all her actions up until this point paled in comparison to what she feared she might do. Suddenly the glass between them didn’t feel like simply a barrier. She felt it between them, but she also knew it would not stand in her way if what she feared turned out to be the truth. “M-Mommy,” she whispered to her. “Are you..my mommy?” Suddenly Kaige didn’t look, or sound, her age. The angry woman that had been housed here for years was gone, and in her place stood this equally angry, and yet clearly scared, little girl. She rested her forehead against the glass. “Please..tell me..I gotta know. I got nothing else..in this place. Please. Give me that..peace of mind. Please.”

Tag: Jakob

“Interrogate me? I can deal with that..as long as they don’t beat me again. I won’t fight them. No. I want this side of me gone. I don’t care what they have to do to make that happen. I can’t..live like this anymore. She has to go.”

With effort, Tessa sat back down on the floor. “They can’t make her come out. I mean..there’s a way..but Jakob..they can’t find out about it. If they do..they’ll make her come out, and I don’t like losing time. I don’t like falling asleep. Clearly when I’m in pain that does nothing to bring her out. No. The trick to bringing her out..is that I have to be..calm. Right now I’m so worried, so on edge, she won’t come back. When you left me last night, I was relaxed. I was calm. I knew I couldn’t kill anyone in here. So when you came back, she was here. They can’t make me relax. Okay? I have to stay on edge like this. No relaxing.” She began to rock back and forth.

stana-katic-castle.jpg

Cell Block C Hallway

She was seconds away from pressing the button when Kaige's voice picked up, continuing the song Candice had been singing moments before. Her hand froze, a part of her heart clenching at the sound of her voice singing...how similar it was. Instead of cutting the microphone she stepped back towards the door seeing Kaige look up with red eyes, the turmoil of emotion in them. Even as the young woman strode to the door and placed her hand to the crack, the emotions in her face were still mixed, like she wasn't sure whether to be scared, or angry, or hopeful. But it was her words that really caught Candice, revealing the scared child underneath that tough skin. Yet again Candice could see that small little girl before her, not the twisted creature she was becoming within her hate.

"Kaige," she started, using her name, not some number the facility had given her, "I'm not your mother."

It was the truth: plain and simple. But that didn't mean it was the whole truth, and Candice wondered if she told her, would Kaige finally behave? Would she drop the anger even for a few more seconds and show Candice reason to hope for her, or disappoint the older woman again.

"Kaige, I'm not your mother," she repeated, "I'm your aunt."

472161.jpg

Jakob nods. "If they find me in here, you'll be beaten again." He says to her quietly. "I'm so sorry Tessa, I really fucked up." He says. "If it's calm that makes her come out, then just keep yourself on edge, okay?" He asks. "You really have a chance here Tessa.. But I gotta go." He says to her. He leans down and he kisses her on her forehead. "I.. I hope that was okay." He says to her quietly, his face going bright red.

Her heart broke. Even though she thought there was no possible way her heart could break anymore, it shattered. She closed her eyes slowly, softly, not because she didn’t want to look at her, but because in some way it closed her off in her own little world. This place had already taken so much from her. Freedom. Privacy. It was nice to find a small place where she felt alone. It was dark, but she was use to that.

‘I’m your aunt.’ The words suddenly drew her back in time. ‘Aunt Candy,’ she called to her, rushing over to show her the plate of cookies they had made. ‘I made these for you. See? I put the icing on this one. Just for you aunt Candy. Do you like it?’ With her eyes still closed she softly spoke. “Aunt….Candy.” Opening her eyes, she took a deep, slow breath. “You’re aunt….Candy.” Confusion flooded her mind along with curiosity. “Why..are you here,” she asked, her brow furrowed. “I don’t..understand.” Kaige wasn’t angry. Her other emotions had overridden that basic emotion she had depended on, and felt, for so long. “I have a million questions. How did you..find me here? What’s going to happen..now that you…..” Her voice trailed off as she starred at her. A striking revelation coming to her. “This is..the first time..I’ve looked at..family..since the day..they left me. Family,” she said. Her hand rested on the glass still as she continued to look at Candice. “Do you know..what happened to them? Do they..know I’m here?” She held her breath, wanting to know, but another question came to mind, and it made her laugh. “Aunt Candy? How old am I?”

“Then go,” she told him as he mentioned she could be beaten if they found him in there. “I don’t want to go through that again.” She felt badly for him as he professed how he had messed up. “It’s okay Jakob. Really. Just go.” Her tone was hurried as she slowly rose, using the wall for support. He kissed her forehead, and she smiled. “Yeah. It’s..okay. Really. It’s..okay.” She blushed brightly making her way over to the door to see him out. “You know,” she began lowering her gaze for a moment before looking back to him. “I can see why she likes you. You’re handsome and sweet. Thank you Jakob. “

472161.jpg

Jakob smiles. "This won't be the last time I see you Tessa." He says before reaching up, grabbing his phone from off of the camera and walking out of the cell, deciding to just patrol around Cell Block C while he awaits another specific order from one of his higher ups.

stana-katic-castle.jpg

Cell Block C

"Yes I am," she replied back, her stomach unknotting a little. So far so good. She honestly had no reason to try anymore with this girl, even if she was family. But some shred of her still held on to the girl she used to be, before things went sour. Candice omitted why she was there at that moment, knowing Kaige was a bright enough girl that if she knew her aunt was on the Board, she could put two and two together that she was keeping Kaige locked up.

"No sweetheart, they don't know your here," she explained, taking the gentler approach. Candice wasn't a complete bitch, but it was rare for her to show any kind of soft emotion on others, even with her husband. Maybe it was the job making her cold and hard, perhaps it was simply aging.

"I haven't seen your parents in years," this again was the truth, "We had...a falling out, persay. And you are nineteen, come last February, which was three months ago. Do you remember your birth date? It was the 13th, the day before Valentine's day."

She paused in thought than continued, looking through the glass at Kaige, "And I knew you were here child. I work for the institution. I don't have the power to free you, don't even ask me to."

That last bit was a lie, but she wanted to squash that hope where it lied, "I can however make you more comfortable. I was hoping I wouldn't see you down here but in Block A by now. You have the potential Firefly, I know you do. I can move you to another Block, with more space and freedoms. But you have to do something in return for me."

Her voice was sweet like honey, void of annoyance or her usual snippy comments. Candice was really trying to win her niece over. She just hoped it would work.

“19,” she asked, her face nearly breaking and giving into the tears that threatened. “I’m 19. I spent..my 16th birthday locked up. I should be..driving a car. I should be..done with highschool. I should be in college,” she said before looking away from her. “I’m never..getting out of here, am I? I’ll die in here. They’re never gonna figure out what’s wrong with me. The doctors just wanna feel me up, fuck me, and beat me. What difference does it make..if the only thing that changes..is my scenery? I’ll never be outside again. I’ll never feel the sunlight on my skin. Look at me,” she said, lifting her hand from the glass and showing her, her arm. “See how pale I am? I will never..fit into society. Even if they do let me go, I’ll never fit in. I’m damaged aunt Candy, and this place did it to me. They’ve done more damage to me..then I ever did on the world. I couldn’t help..being born this way. I didn’t ask for it. I don’t know..why I am..such a freak, but I am, and my own parents..didn’t want me. So why do they? If I could use..my own fire..on me,” she shook her head. “I would. I’d be dead by now. Burning in my own fires can’t be any worse..than living like this. Scared to death of who is gonna walk through that door and what fresh new hell they have for me. No food. Barely any clothes. Being..beaten. I can’t..keep going like this. C. B. A. What’s the difference? It’s probably just as bad there. A new set of doctors ready to rake me over the coals. If they can find a way..to shut this off..in my brain..tell them to do it. I don’t care what it does to me. I’m not living anyway. Not anymore. I’m just..here.”

Kaige backed away from the glass. Her eyes were still locked on Candice. “You can’t get me set free. Okay. Can you at least..open the door? Please.” It was unusual for Kaige to say please to anyone. The family connection she felt with her long lost aunt was the only reason she could fathom as to why she was doing it now.

stana-katic-castle.jpg

Cell Block C

Listening to her rant Candice struggled to remind herself that this girl was not human, she can control fire. She can burn. She could kill hundreds. Remember that.

And it was that fear of what she could do that had forced Candice's hand of leaving Kaige in here for so long. What had once been a will to cure her and take her out had become a fear of what she might do if she got out with her powers.

She was surprised to hear her say please. Another step in the right direction.

"Kaige...please understand, if I open this door-" she cut herself off, thinking for a second about her words. If she admitted her worry at being burnt alive so the girl could escape, Kaige would snap. That anger would return. Candice had decades of experience dealing with tough people in her job. It all came down to how you said something.

From what she had heard Candice had gleamed two things: her niece hadn't seen Block A and didn't believe there was anything different then the other blocks, which wasn't true. And that as much as she wanted to deny it, she wanted up there. She'd thrive in the kitchens. But to put her in there with her fire powers might...might teach her control. Or destruction.

It would be a risk Candice was willing to take. Not because she was just her niece - although it did influence her decision - but because she had seen the difference in Cell Block A patients. Even Dr. Vera, the Head of Psychoanalysis had made a report saying those in Cell Block A were most willing, and those that got promoted there showed an increase in compliancy. Turning away for a second, she hit a few buttons and opened the door. There was a loud click that caught the guard's attentions but she simply shook her head, telling them not to follow her in. She let them get closer though, ready to shoot if Kaige caused a problem.

Opening the door, Candice steeled herself and stepped in, hiding any concerns for her own safety behind a look of compassion. While she still felt a thread of love for this girl, most of it had twisted and turned into the one emotion she hated most: fear. And that was why Kaige was in here now, as horribly as Candice hated to admit it to herself.

"I'm here Kaige," she spoke softly, unsure if the girl would burn her alive...or hug her.

She watches him grab his phone with a smile on her face. “Alright then Sir,” she tells him, giving him a wink when her back is turned to the camera. “Have to make it look good,” she whispers. “I’ll behave,” she continues, her voice louder this time. “You won’t have any problems from me Sir.” The blush on her cheeks is still present as she watches him leave.

‘She’s not gonna do it.’ The thought ran through her mind with lightening speed as Candice began to speak. ‘I should have known.’ All of her old emotions began to come back to her. ‘Why bother? Can’t trust ‘em. Can’t kill ‘em.’

It was the sound of the key panel that brought her attention back. Kaige was stunned. After all the time she had spent there, rarely did anything ever happen that truly astounded her, but this woman, aunt Candy, had done it. She was pressing the buttons. She was actually coming inside. A look of pure amazement consumed her face as she watched the door open and the woman stepped inside.

‘My name. She said…..’ Kaige gave her a smile as it was clear she was still wrestling with emotions she didn’t want to show. For the first time in years, Kaige was in the same room as someone from her family. Candy had nothing to do with her being left by her parents. Every memory of her was a pleasant one, and they were all coming back to her. Kaige made her way towards her slowly. Her bare feet touched down softly on the floor, not making a sound. Never did she look away from her. Her hair, once bright red, vibrant and beautiful, hung by her face, matted. The clothing that still clung to her was burned, holes seared right through the fabric. She looked like a child that had been left to the streets, but her home was inside the walls of Eternal Peaks. This was a forgotten child, one thrown away, and now she was heading towards the first shred of family she had seen in years. Her hands reached for Candice, touching her arms softly for a moment, before Kaige pulled her into an embrace. Her cheek rested against her, and Kaige breathed in deeply. “I want..to remember this. It may be..years..before..it may be years..if..I ever see family again. Thank you..aunt Candy. Now you have to promise me something. Don’t ever..come see me again. They can’t know. Ever. I don’t want the stench of who I am..on you. If they know..it will make your reputation dirty. They can’t ever know. So promise me..you won’t come back. I don’t want..you..hurt..by me. Okay?” She squeezed her tight, trying to etch ever aspect of this moment into her brain. Kaige didn’t get many chances to make new memories, and the ones she had were something she devoured every day. This one would have to last. This one could very well be the last time she saw any of her family, and if Candice promised her what she asked of her, it would be.

stana-katic-castle.jpg

Cell Block C

This meeting was becoming more and more surprising. As Kaige's arms curled around her waist, Candice for a brief second wanted to shove her off, to keep the distance she had kept from this girl for all those years. But the look on her face, and those helpless eyes. All she could see was that little girl in pig tails, running around the living room giggling about cookies.

"Shhh firefly," she whispered, wrapping her arms back around her. She cared little that there was a camera watching. The Board knew this was her niece, and they knew that Candice would never let her walk out uncured, "shhh my firefly."

It was a nickname she had given Kaige when she was just a toddler, the little girl always pretending she had caught a firefly in her hands when she'd come up to Aunt Candy, but it had been a tiny flame. It was back when her powers were small and weak, before she really started to grow them.

"I will only go if you agree to something in return," she whispered, stroking the girl's hair with one hand as the other tightened around her shoulders. She could barely remember the last time she had held her niece, and it was breaking through her tough exterior, even if for a moment, "You need to promise no more death. No more killing."

Whether it was self defense or not, it still needed to stop. For good. She wouldn't ask the girl to behave, mostly because Mrs. Whitehorn was wise enough to know it would never be fulfilled. Kaige had a fire inside her, one that refused to die. She was bound to cause problems down the line with another doctor. But as long as no more staff died, Candice could protect her niece. It was a small gift, and nothing as nice as freeing her, but it was something Candice had never considered before, and now she was offering it. A favor for a favor.

Tag: Aunt Candy

She smelled….clean, like clothes that had been hanging on the line outside. Outside. Fresh air. Yeah. She smelled like that. Flowers. Oh yeah. She could smell them. Soft purple ones. When she heard her name, Kaige could almost taste a bit of her old life. It was so close, literally in her arms, but she knew it couldn’t last. The stigma attached to her because of her would bring her down.

It had been a long time since she had killed anyone. So when the request was made of her, Kaige found it odd. The last time she had killed anyone was when a guard thought he could handle her. She allowed him to strip naked and advance on her. Kaige made ever attempt, every plea for him to leave her alone. The more she begged him to go away, the more he laughed. No one was laughing when they swept up what remained of him after she torched him. She nodded, her face still against her. “Alright aunt Candy. I won’t kill anyone, but please..please..can you see about getting me locked up where no one can come inside then? They..the doctors..they like to..touch us..and do things to us. Some are worse than others. Aunt Candy I’ve been..raped..so many times in here. If I can’t kill them..or protect myself..then just have me locked away for good,” she told her, knowing she had just sealed her fate to one of being alone for the rest of her life.

“I’ll be good..if you do..one more thing for me. It’s the only thing left for me to ask of you.” She pulled back slightly, allowing her a better view of her face. With trembling lips she whispered, “if they can’t cure me..tell them..to kill me. Please. Give them..one month..to cure me. I don’t want to turn 20 in here. I don’t want..to live..the rest of my life..in here. If I’ll never be free..then let me die in here. You have to promise me. One month..and if there’s no cure..then they kill me. Anybody..but Rufio..I mean..Dr. Arellano. That is his name..right? I call him Rufio so much..I forget,” she laughs. “He hates that. I do it..just so I can see him mad. Daddy use to get..so mad at me. I guess that’s why..they left me. Because I was a bad girl, but I didn’t..do anything wrong. I didn’t mean anything..I did. I just couldn’t..help it. When they left me..I was so..scared..aunt Candy. I was..alone..and cold..and hungry.” She paused, her smile growing, and in a moment of utterly bearing her soul and she really was to her she added. “I still am.”

stana-katic-castle.jpg

Cell Block C

She didn't want to lock the girl up more. It was the entire reason she wanted Kaige out of Block C. There was nothing to motivate her to try and be compliant, or cooperative. If they locked her up tighter, she'd just close up more.

"I won't be locking you away," she told her, her voice a mixture of stern and tender, "Kaige Victoria Lopez, you listen to me now. No more talk about being locked away or dying. You are going to be promoted, and you are going to be good for those doctors. And if anyone tries to touch you inappropriately, you will take it up with Dr. Vera or Dr. Funer. They can relay it to me. And I will not be putting in an order for your death in a month. You're twentieth is still ten months away young lady. Plenty of time."

Candice wasn't even sure if they'd find a cure in that time, since they hadn't in the last five years, but if she could put a little hope in her she would.

"Is that clear young lady?"

“Time,” she questioned, in shock and anger. “Time is all I have. I’ve spent all of my time behind locked doors, and they haven’t found a cure for me yet. What makes you think..they ever will? You know they won’t, and that leaves me still behind locked doors. I’m never going to be free. I’ll never fall in love or get married or have children, and even I did have children..I won’t leave them. No matter what they do. I’ll..hold on. I’ll really hold on aunt Candy,” she said, once more embracing her.

Kaige had long ago given up hope a cure would be found. Just like dreams of being free, she put them on a shelf along with her childhood. Aunt Candice still thought they would find one. This place hadn’t broken her. She honestly thought that Vera and Funer would do anything if they thought a patient was being touched. Funer could care less. He hated their kind. Vera? Well Kaige hadn’t made up her mind on Vera yet. All she knew about her, all she thought about her, was that she worked here, and she knew better than to trust anyone who worked for this place. Candy had told her she worked here though. She was the exception. She had to be.

“No one..has talked to me like that in a long time. I almost want to sit down, but I don’t have a chair to put in the corner. I lived in that corner back home. No matter how good I tried to be, I was always messing up something. I always will aunt Candy. I’ll always mess up. I’m a freak, a reject, a monster. I’m not even human. That’s what this place thinks of me.”

She backed away, allowing her arms to slowly slip from her. “You gotta go. You can’t be here. The shitty stench from even knowing me won’t wash of you. You don’t wanna be branded a freak or someone related to a freak. You’ve got a good thing going. You look nice, smell good, fancy clothes, good job. Bet you live in a nice house with a husband and a couple of kids. Don’t ever leave ‘em aunt Candy. Ever, and let ‘em get away with breaking the rules once in a while. Tell ‘em..you love ‘em..every night. Okay? Don’t let knowing me or talking to me bring you down. You gotta turn around, walk out of here, and never look back. I ain’t worth it. So promise me. No looking back.” She didn’t mention the one month part. Kaige knew one way or another she was getting out of there in a month. It wasn’t something she wanted to burden her aunt with. “Pinkie promise,” she told her, holding out her pinkie with a soft smile on her lips.

stana-katic-castle.jpg

Cell Block C

Candice held her tongue. There was no use arguing; like her mother, Kaige was stubborn. And Candice had to grow up with her sister, learning how to deal with stubborness. Fighting solved nothing. It would only annoy the older woman. So instead so held out her own pinkie in almost a childish way, linking it with Kaige's. Then she turned and walked out, seeing the look of relief on both guard's faces when the door closed and she relocked it. Keying in a few other things into the control pad, she put in her master code and clicked enter, then turned to the guards.

"This patient is being promoted to Block A," she stated, knowing the microphone was still on, "She is to be showered, redressed in clean clothes, and given a new cell. She is now a permanent patient in Block A, and only I or a Board member can demote her, understood?"

"Y-yes ma'am. But that patient is-"

"I know who she is and what she can do. Perhaps if you could all keep your cocks within your pants, she wouldn't feel the need to constantly defend herself, would she? It is not the first time I've heard a patient complain about rape. It seems you all think your being paid to wet your dicks. I'd advise you tread carefully, or you may just find yourself jobless, like the many others slacking on the job."

This time they were speechless.

"I need you to send a nurse down to retrieve her and take her to the showers. She will also need a guide, so that she can see the floor of Block A and understand her role as patient. Are their any patients that come to mind?"

"The siren sir," the first one answered looking a little afraid of the powerful woman as the other jabbed his elbow into him.

"The sex addict?" Candice mused, "She's still in Block A then. Commendable, being as she was there last year during evaluations too. Yes, she will do."

"Ma'am, she is Dr. Vera's helper for the day," the second guard piped up, "I know this because I overheard one of the nurses."

Candice pursed her lips, "Very well. Send for that nurse. I will speak to Dr. Vera and have the siren ready by the elevators once this patient is done cleaning. Is that understood?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Good."

She turned on her heel to stride away, and as she did so she hit the end transmission button, killing the microphone. Kaige didn't need to hear another word. With that she strode to the elevator, wondering how far Miller had gotten in Dr. Vera's revaluation.

[Departing to Cell Block B Offices]

caba28DEA60400000578-0-image-a-1_1432071187749.jpg

Cell Block C

Daniella had been in the nurse's staff room in Block B to make herself a coffee when the phone rang in the room. It was a single line anyone within the facility could call to ask for a nurse. Picking it up, she heard the deep voice of a male guard ask her to come downstairs and deliver a patient to Block A. Surprise rippled through her...how was a patient being promoted two levels?

Finishing her coffee quickly she scooped up her things and pushed them into the small locker in the room labelled hers, then off she went. The elevator ride was short and smooth and when she stepped in a guard was waiting by the patient's door, nodding as she approached.

"Orders from higher ups. You need to take this patient for a shower, new clothes, and assign her a cell in Block A. Nothing less."

"Understood. Who is it?"

His eyes softened a little, knowing she was just curious, "It's the pyro. Who knows what Candice is thinking with this one."

"Maybe she sees something the rest of us don't. Mind opening the door?"

She ran her key card through and entered her passcode, hearing the door click. The guard swung the door open, keeping his gun lowered as Daniella stepped past him.

"Are you ready?" she asked, not saying hello or asking how she felt. Daniella was in a horrible mood, having cried most of the night. The last thing she wanted was idle conversation.

Tags: Candice, Daniella

She grinned linking her finger with hers’. It was a simple gesture, one she had taken for granted so many times as a child. It didn’t last long though. Soon She was stepping out, and Kaige felt that all too familiar sinking loneliness eating away at her before the echo of locks engaging had silenced. That’s the problem with something good around here. Well, one of them at least. When it’s gone, suddenly your surroundings seem so much emptier than before. The walls seems dingier, and the cell was much smaller now. A bright ray of light illuminates everything, and now she felt plunged into darkness again. It almost made it not worth having anything good in this place. Almost.

She was about to slid down the wall and resume her sitting position again when she heard her voice. Kaige couldn’t help but laugh at her comment about their cocks. “Give ‘em hell aunt Candy. Give ‘em hell. They sure as hell do it to us.” Did she think the words of her aunt would do any good? No. She was just a woman who worked here, but it sure was entertaining to hear her giving it to the guards. “The sex addict,” she laughed. “Damn. This place is a circus. A fucking circus. Complete with clowns that pretend to be doctors.” Kaige found herself laughing at her own jokes. It was the most fun she had, had in a long time. The microphone was good, but not good enough so that she could hear the guard’s reactions. Kaige assumed they were treating her with respect. “Apparently you gotta work in this hell hold to get any kind of respect,” she whispered. Candice quickly passed by the glass, and then….she was gone. The darkness was consuming. Kaige sank down the wall, feeling closed in and struggling to breathe. “Thank you..aunt Candy,” she whispered. It was for her own peace of mind really. She knew the woman couldn’t hear her, and if she followed her warnings, she wouldn’t ever be able to hear her thank her. The warning wasn’t because she would hurt her. Kaige honestly feared what these animals in this place would do to her if they knew they were related. The monster they had labeled her as was as far from the truth as possible. Even behind closed, locked doors, she was going all she could to protect her family.

When the door opened again, fear lit up her body. Had they found out already? Were they coming to punish her? It was all put to rest when the beautiful woman stepped inside. Her tone was short and annoyed. Kaige offered her a forced, fake smile. ‘Here we go again,’ she thought. ‘Back to normal.’ She stood up, looking the woman from head to toe. “You’re new,” she simply said, strolling towards the door. “Lets get this show on the road.” As she neared the door, she could see the guards in the hall. Both hand their hands on their weapons. “Boys. Boys. Come on. Can’t we all just be friends? Boo,” she yelled at them, causing them to raise their weapons. “Look at that,” she told Daniella, looking back to her. “You’d think they were scared of me or something. Do I look like anything to be afraid of?” Not waiting for her to answer, she turned her attention back to the guards, who still had their weapons primed and ready. “And I’m the monster,” she said before looking down at her feet. She stood at the threshold of her cell. It was as far as she had gone in years. Kaige looked up for a moment, swallowed hard, and looked back down. Slowly she lifted her foot and stepped from her cell. Her foot touched down on a part of the floor she had not stepped on in a long time. Kaige waited a moment before stepping through the door. As she passed through it, she looked up before looking back down to her feet. Once both feet were firmly on the floor, she looked down the hallway, both ways, before settling on the guards again. “And I thought my view was ugly.” There it was again. Her façade. She was acting calm, making jokes, when inside she was trembling. “Okay lady. Where to now,” she asked, looking back at her. “That cell is the only sight I’ve seen in years. Lead the way.”

caba28DEA60400000578-0-image-a-1_1432071187749.jpg

Cell Block C

Daniella kept her mouth shut as she watched the young woman before her hesitate at the door. A more impatient nurse or doctor would snap at her to move. But even though Daniella was in a crappy mood, it didn't mean she was in a rush, and she knew this particular patient had been locked away for years. And now she'd be visiting Block A for the first time. She's in for a treat.

The guards looked nervous as Kaige stepped out and Daniella was right at her heels, giving them both a look and shake of her head, telling them to back off. They didn't need to make a scene, especially if Kaige was about to be promoted. It meant Mrs. Whitehorn had seen some kind of redemption in the pyro, something that made her think Block A was suitable. Or perhaps the rumors were true. It had been a rumor since almost the start of Eternal Peaks that Mrs. Whitehorn had a niece in here, thrown into a cell by her very own aunt. Some rumors say it was to look for a cure for the child, others say Mrs. Whitehorn just hated supernaturals that much. Whatever the reason, most knew the rumor after working for the company a while. Candice Whitehorn was one of the first board members to sign onto the project, and one of the most influential. It was easy to think she had put a relative in here, but most assumed with her power on the board this girl would be protected.

And if Kaige was indeed her niece, Daniella could see it was far the opposite. This girl had been roughed up countless times. But when was the last time Mrs. Whitehorn actually visited? I've never met her since starting here, and many of the staff would agree. The last board member to arrive here was three years ago, and that wasn't her. So it would have to be four years...five years? A long time to not check in. Perhaps she didn't know, but then what kind of family is that, to go without knowing how your niece is faring after locking her up?

"Step up to the elevators," she ordered, remaining behind Kaige as she spoke, neither prodding her or shoving her. She simply herded her that way, remaining lost in thought.

[Departing to Cell Block A]

Tag: Daniella

The hall way seemed long. Then again, after such a limited space, any walk seemed long. Kaige looked at the various cells wondering just who was on the other side, if anybody at all, and she wondered how long they had been in there. ‘Have I been here the longest? How many people are in this whole place anyway? What if there isn’t another floor at all? What if this is a trap, and I’m being lead to my death?’ She rubbed her fingers together, feeling them tingle. ‘Easy girl. Just wait and see.’

“Elevators,” she asked, stopping for a moment and looking back at her. “I have to go to an….elevator?” Kaige began walking again, looking forward. She tried to remember what an elevator was. Sadly no memory came to her. This would be a first.

The doors opened, and she stood there starring inside. She didn’t want to let on just how scared she was. Forcing a laugh she told her, “Damn. I thought my cell was tiny. All this thing needs is a shitter, and you’ve got Block D. D as in doomed.” Stepping inside she thought,’ which is what I might be.’ The nurse stepped inside with her, and Kaige shifted her eyes to her for a moment. Once the doors closed though, and the elevator began to move, her eyes looked forward. Kaige threw her arms out to her sides, her hands opened, as the movement startled her. The temperature in the elevator jumped 10 degrees easily. It wasn’t an attempt to hurt her or halt the elevator. This was simply a reaction from a scared girl. When the elevator dinged and the doors opened, Kaige lowered her arms and looked out a sight she couldn’t believe.

[Departing to Cell Block A]

Name: Helmut Gregor
Tag: Jaime Corben

[Arriving from Cell Block B – Offices & Labs - Science Offices]​

Helmut Pulled on a set of the goggles, making sure they were seated properly. Jaime did likewise. His vision wasn't much impaired. Whatever else her flaws, Zandra did good work on the fabrication side of things. Or at least her staff did. Helmut flagged a nurse, and sent her to the by now waiting operating room and MRI suite that the team he'd booked would be waiting in. No sense taking any chances. Gregor and Jaime stopped inn front of the cell that they were looking for, adnlooked behind them. A few rather burly security men, also sporting the distributed goggles. Hopefully not needed, but this was Block C. It was likely going to be.

He swiped access to the room, and watched as the door slowly slid open, faint alerts going off letting security know that the door was open at all. They didn't much take chances with those that lived down here. Gregor and Jaime stepped in, and looked to find the denizen of this cell.
"Hello. I'm Dr. Greegor, adnn I'd like you to come with me for a little while." He announced.

Name: Rupinder "Rupi" Vera
Tag: Tessa Arcadia.

[Arriving from Cell Block B – Offices & Labs, post #69]

The elevator doors slid smoothly opened and Rupi stepped out, her black heels clicking as she marched with a purpose to her next assignment. Her memory was still mulling over the video evidence she had watched, of the strange woman appearing at the gates of the Institution, demanding help. Then she turned, a whole different side coming over the person. With just a simple kiss, she killed a man, no doubt via poison. At first it seemed like a directed attack upon the Institution, but as Rupi watched more, she witnessed a very interesting case. From timid to violent, then back to meek. The switches were intriguing.

A double-personality, two extreme opposites stuck in one body.

Patient TA4488. That was the assigned patient number her computer had spit out for the newest addition to the Institution. She had read about such cases before but never interacted with one before. The woman had arrived only the previous night and proved herself as deadly as most of the other patients. But Rupi didn’t not seem to believe there was anything supernatural about this woman. She was indeed a mental case, one who actually did belong in an Institution such as this, unlike many of the others who were brought here only for their powers. It would be a refreshing change of pace to actually examine an individual who needed help, rather than someone who was being poked and prodded for their capabilities.

She arrived at the cell and gazed in, seeing a pretty little blonde woman by herself within. Nodding to a guard, the cell doors opened and she strode in, holding her clipboard at her side as she placed a hand on her hip. Today, Rupi wore a grey pencil skirt with a long sleeve collared shirt tucked in, with her lab coat over top. It wasn’t buttoned, revealing the lumps of her ample chest and the curve of her hips. Her legs just above the knee were bare, revealing toned, smooth caramel skin. Her hair was wavy as usual and her grey eyes cold and revealing no emotion. She frowned as she looked the other woman up and down.

“You are Tessa Arcadia? You came here seeking mental help, if I am correct.” Rupi stated, folding her hands before her. “I am Doctor Rupinder Vera. I am here to help you overcome whatever it is afflicting your mind. Would you like to share with me what has been happening to you?”

Tag: Rupi

The door beeped, letting Tessa know someone was coming inside. She jumped up from her sitting position in the middle of the room with much effort and faced the door as it slid closed. Before her stood an attractive woman with….a clipboard. It shouldn’t have struck her as oddly as it did to see a clipboard in her hand, but it did. “You shouldn’t bring….a clipboard into the cells. Some patients might try to use it as a weapon,” she told her. “The metal,” she pointed. “They could try and get it from you, and….nevermind.” Shaking her head she then offered her a warm smile. “My name is Tessa Arcadia. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I can’t believe I am meeting someone so normal. The only person I’ve really spoken to is Jakob, and then there was this man who..ordered..these people..to..beat me up. I don’t get it,” she said, throwing her arms up. “I came here for help, and I get beaten up for something I didn’t do. Well I did do it, but I,” her hands coming to rest on her chest,” didn’t do it. It’s..complicated, but I guess you’re use to that. Wow. I’m babbling. I’m sorry. I’m still doing it. I’m sorry.”

Tessa turned from her taking a deep breath. “You want to know why I’m here? Because I fall asleep, and I wake up and it’s a two days, two weeks, two months later. I have these time gaps where I fall asleep, and I don’t remember anything. A few days ago I woke up in an ally next to..a dead man. There was so much..blood, and I don’t remember a thing. Jakob told me what the other side of me does. Blood. She makes people..bleed. I can’t do it. I simply can’t. Not without a knife,” she teases, forcing a laugh. “But she..kills people. My friends, that is if I have the same ones when I wake up, tell me I claimed to have these powers, but I don’t. I promise I don’t. I just want to stop these time gaps.” She turns to face her quickly, her face in utter distress. “I had sex..with a man..and I don’t remember it. I kill people..and I don’t remember it. I want it to stop, and if you can do that here, then by all means, do it. I want,” she paused for no apparent reason. It was Rupi. She could sense her blood, almost smelling it. “I’ll bet..you bleed so beautifully. I wonder.” Tilting her head, she gazed at the woman with intent. “You’re crying,” she told her, wiping a hand across her own face, her eyes imploring her to do the same. “Shall I show you?” Crossing the gap, she traced a single finger through the trail her blood had created. “See,” her finger showing it to her. “Blood is perfect. Blood is..necessary. Oh I love blood, and I love seeing the blood of others. Only one thing would make me happier Doc. Seeing their insides, but since it’s so rare I actually do that, I settle for the lives of men. You see those bastards don’t deserve the lives they have, so I take them! And they taste fucking fantastic.” Stepping closer still, she is nose to nose to with Rupi now. “My name is Tess, and don’t you forget it. That sniveling other side to me can fade away into oblivion for all I care. The world if full of men, and I’m going to drain them for all I can. Oh, and by the way, you’re still crying.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom