Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Snipping the Puppet's Strings [-Haru|vampire-]

"Snacks my butt." Okoru said good-naturedly and halfway under his breath, knowing that Aiko would hear as he slipped on a robe and headed out of the room and to the kitchen where he fund a half a loaf of bread and then some venison and ham in the magically cooled box by the stove. He also found some cheeses and some grapes and grabbed a bottle of wine and a pitcher of water, making his way back gingerly to the room, careful to keep his footing. Slipping into the room he could tell that Aiko was bathing and he moved to one of the nightstands to place the tray upon it, and then put the wine and the water on a nearby dresser. That was when he spotted her out on the balcony, and Okoru moved to join her, wrapping warm arms about her form from behind. "What's on your mind beloved?" he asked.

Just when she was lost in thought Okoru had snuck up behind her with him wrapping his arms around her. "Sneak." Laughing softly with her looking up at him then back at the border where the creatures were calm. "Just noticing they seem a lot calmer and acting like individuals." Aiko reached up placing her hands on his arm that crossed over her breasts. But as she stood there in silence once more she had one more theory but she wasn't going to voice it out since it was a simple theory. With a smile she turned to face him with her placing her hands on his waist. "I forgot how nice it feels to be in your arms. It makes me feel safe, wanted and loved."

Okoru laughed. "Don't you know by now that lions stalk their prey?" he teased and bent down to playfully act like he was ravaging her neck. Allowing her to turn in his arms Okoru's expression softened as Aiko told him how he made her feel. "Then I am doing my job well, since that is exactly how you should feel, and what I want for you." he told her, and bent to kiss her mouth softly. As he straightened and looked out over the property and saw her creations patrolling the boundaries, Okoru was quite impressed. "So, my love, when do you think you will be ready to head back to Kyonin?" he asked.

Within the kiss she ran her fingers over the back of his arms but as he straighten up she laid her head on his upper stomach to hear its rumble. "Hm?" She looked up and followed his look to the border seeing a pair of Asurans trying to show dominance up until one crumbled during the fight. There was some sort of victory up until the creature reanimated itself to smack the victor in the back of its head. There wasn't a fight but the two embracing as brothers would after a friendly match but it was clear even as false creatures they still took on who held what role when they were parted from her.

When he asked about when did she feel ready to return to Kyonin she dropped her hands from him. "Honestly I don't know if I'll ever be ready. I mean I'm no General, I don't know what I'll be doing, also it would just be you and me with those things fighting an entire Kingdom." The thought of fighting the people she once thought was family and friends did stress her out. "I'm scared even if you're there. If I fall so do you and so does Kyonin...And perhaps my mother will die if I fail." Slipping from his arms to enter their bedroom to see a tray of food and wine there. "You must of known I'd be feeling rather uncertainty." She was giving him credit of being the lands most perfect lover. "A perfect mate or a perfect husband in my mind."

Watching the exchange with interest Okoru chuckled at the final embrace and patted Aiko's bottom. "You really made them like my people." he praised, though he then listened to what she had to say. With a shake of his head he chimed in. "You know that there will be those that support us. It won't be just you and I against the world. You know that Marcus and William and those that are with them will support us. There is sure to be bloodshed, but with any luck it is something that we can end quickly and decisively."

Okoru knew that Aiko truly did not wish to harm any of her people, and yet to preserve peace and to bring Kyonin to the glory that it needed to reclaim, it seemed inevitable.

Following his love back inside Okoru beamed at her compliment. "I do not know about perfect, but we'll have to agree on very very good." Okoru teased with a wink, and would move to serve her whatever she desired from the tray.

With a glass in hand and the grapes between her lips she ate them slowly. "Okoru, humans hate elves. I can pass as a Fey perfectly but what if the humans who do decide to join us has only one goal...To destroy Kyonin completely. To rid these lands of elves that they despise for whatever reason." Aiko was visibly shaking from the anxiety of this war that was approaching. "The man who would have been my father was killed for the fact if my mother brought into this world an elven heir the throne will continue on within our bloodline. Now it stops with my mother...She's beyond bearing children anymore."

It seemed reality was hitting her full on about what was at stake. "I don't know if I can do this." She weakly whispered with her putting the glass down on the side table with her feeling nauseous.

Okoru looked a bit quizzical. "Not all humans hate elves Princess. In fact, if I may be so bold, the elves are xenophobic and shroud their lands in magical mists so that they will be left alone. They think themselves superior to other races and treat others as if they are children and unworthy of their guidance. Elves are one of the longest lived races and because of this they show arrogance. So, if humans hate elves it is due as much in part to the behavior of the elves as it is to the humans." Okoru said. "You have even said it yourself - that the other elves, the royalty, will gladly kill anyone they do not deem worthy, and how they look down upon your mother for having laid with a Fey... an even longer lived and more powerful racem and yet that was still not good enough."

Okoru moved to Aiko's side and sat with her, putting an arm about her to comfort her. "This will not be easy, but I am not sure it will be as disastrous as you might think." he told her.

"If it wasn't for her calling you in after my birth..." Aiko looked up at him knowing the truth. "I wouldn't be here." Slowly she leaned in against him seeking comfort from her lover with her hand moving over his thigh grasping it softly. "Though who says I won't be worthy of the throne since a goddess gifted my mother a partner to help sire me." There was a slight smile but she knew by decree that a pure elf must hold the throne. With a heavy sigh she closed her eyes as his presence soothed her worries and fears but it won't be for long.

After stomaching the grapes and wine she curled up to try and sleep but during the remaining night she was plagued with nightmares of the war and failing. Aiko had woke in cold sweat to see Okoru still asleep but silently she got dressed and disappeared to the training grounds where she trained using her new creatures and even created some to fight against in a mock battle. She failed everytime as she could direct and fight at the same time but soon William was there adding help as he fought at her side shouting what to expect with each move. But by the time breakfast was ready, she was sitting at the table, body aching with a chess board in front of her. William was being claim as he explained she lacked one skill which playing chess can exercise, strategy. He was sitting across from her explaining each piece and how they moved on the board while everyone were slowly appearing.

Okoru was happy to curl up with his love while they fell asleep, and he knew there was only so much he could tell her or do for her in regards to their homeland. Aiko was strong enough to hold Kyonin together, and Okoru knew it would not be easy, but the more he saw of Aiko's inner strength the more he knew she would succeed.

By the time Okoru awoke Aiko was gone, and yet he found that he did not worry as much as he might have at one time. He knew she could take care of herself. So once he got up and bathed he got dressed and headed to the dining room, where he found Aiko playing chess, a good game to learn strategy as well as planning ahead, anticipating the moves of your opponent. Okoru wanted her to learn this on her own, and though he could give pointers, she was still William's student. Besides, he was quickly learning that his own strategies would not fit all of Aiko's scenarios. Okoru wielded a blade and his combat was nearly all physical and mental. Aiko added sorcery to the equation and many things that would work well for her would not suit him at all. With a smile to his mate he grabbed a plateful of food and sat a short distance away. Still in range of conversation, and so he could watch her play, but not so close as to crowd the two in any way.

William shook his head as he looked up at Aiko. "You left your King open which means...."

"Which means I would have left myself open as well." Aiko felt like she was beaten mentally herself and the first round wasn't even over! William actually laughed at her expression of "Kill me now!"

"Go grab something to eat and let it all sink in." He suggested to her as she nodded with her leaving for the kitchen. He seen Oroku arriving just before she left herself open. "For someone who never heard of chess she's very quick to catch on the purpose, pieces and movements. She managed to knock out my Bishops and Rooks half way through." He was actually praising her to Okoru. "I can see why her mother picked the best Asuran as her Guardian and her teacher."

Okoru had played many games of chess, and yet there was always something new to learn. When William actually seemed to give him a compliement, after all these weeks of basically shitting all over whatever training he'd given Aiko, as well as taking her as his mate, Okoru was genuinely surprised. "Thank you." he said simply, unsure of what else to say. It seemed out of character for the man, who had been abrasive the whole time, but maybe he had a softer side that Okoru simply hadn't seen. The lion supposed it was possible.

Aiko was grabbing some food, and Okoru knew she was in good hands. Leaving her with William the Asuran stood and moved to kiss the top of Aiko's head. "He'll teach you well." he told her and would go back to their room to grab his own weapons. It had been a few days since he'd practiced and he needed to work off some of the rust. Funny how even just a little complacency piled up so quickly. Blades in hand he headed outside to practice.

Aiko grabbed his hand as he went by but let him go. William on the other hand had something planned. The man got up as Aiko went to eat her breakfast of grains and such but William went to the door watching the large lion grabbing his weapons.

"How about you face off with Aiko today... I imagine this...Royals' house will have other Asurans fighting with them. I think it will do you both good on several levels. I can only go so far on fighting against her to get her ready. You...You can bring a fresh new approach. I don't want you to go easy on her either just enough to find her limit."

The offer to allow him to spar with Aiko was a good idea, and Okoru said, 'That would be a good change of pace. If I am not to go easy on her, then perhaps we should use practice blades." he said, and would grab the wooden blades he had out of his bag. "This way I can truly go without holding back." he explained. Though many men would still balk at such a thing, since being knocked silly with a club wasn't fun, at least it was unlikely to kill her.

'Have her meet me out by the lake." Okoru said, and would trot that way, getting warmed up a little.

William still stood in the door way as Okoru stood with his wooden blades. This tiny male human who could be flicked away by Okoru stood his ground. "Real blades. I sliced her up several times." This would have been news to Okoru as Aiko always appeared exhausted and carried inside after training when in fact she was using to much energy to heal and keep fighting. "I know she has healing powers, Fluffy. Thanks to her gifts of the Feys she basically can't die from a sparring match. Though I want her to feel what its like to be in a real battle. I can get my father to summon his homunculus as your army..."

The black haired man stood there in thought as he had grown silent. "You know what." He looked up at the 8 foot white lion as for once they were on the same page they've been searching for, for months. "Wooden swords is a wise idea. I don't know how far her healing powers go. I done flesh wounds only but soon as I saw blood then training is over. Perhaps a few days with my father she may amplify her healing powers to recover the dead or call them back from death's grip."

Okoru's gaze grew intense as William admitted he sliced her up a bit, but as he went on to explain that they were just flesh wounds it helped smooth things over a bit. As William said maybe it was best to use the wooden blades, Okoru just nodded. He'd known that all along, and the force behind the wooden blades would be enough to shatter bone. "You go tell Aiko to prepare, and I will be waiting out by the lake." Okoru said.

He then went to move out of the house, assuming William did not have anything else to say.

When William had nothing else to say he had stepped aside knowing he struck a nerve with Okoru with him admitting on wounding his mate. In reality Aiko healed up while in training. Though he followed his lead finding Aiko eating her breakfast while looking at the chess board. It seemed she had taken her chess lessons to heart while she seemed lost in thought of making moves in her mind.

"Aiko, I got a surprise for you down by the lake. It'll be intense but I think with your chess lesson it's perfect. Meet me down there." He dismissed her in which she left her dishes. Within 15 minutes she was at the lake to see Okoru there.

"Okoru, what are you doing here? I thought you were going to relax." She stated but turned to hear raspy breathing to see a small army of homunculi army that had a purpose to fight. They basically would go poof then that's it. They were created for training purposes only. Though Aiko stood there in confusion as William appeared without his sword but in just plain clothes.

"I thought it'd be a nice change of pace if you fought against your old teacher. Call it...Battle simulation since he's been in it before and has experience where I had none. So he's the perfect teaching aid. Sorry for using you Okoru." He looked to the large lion as he tossed Aike wooden sword. "I want to see how far you both will go. All the elements are here to be used. My father put up a protection barrier so no unknown forces can influence either side."

Okoru gave Aiko a little slip of a smile. "I aim to push you, and see what you have learned." He held up the wooden swords in his hands. "I am using these since I will not be going easy on you." he said, and slipped into a neutral stance, with both wooden swords at his side, able to attack or defend equally.

Without waiting for her to prepare Okoru rushed forward with a flurry of blows, teeth bared and the wooden swords singing through the air before he aimed a straight kick at her chest, the blows meant to distract until the kick would be aimed to send her flying into the water of the lake.

"You have to be prepared, even when you are not prepared. The enemy will not wait for you to ready yourself." Okoru said.

Aiko was trying to make sense but soon as she grabbed the sword she was deflecting the attacks from Okoru. As she dodged one swing his kick landed right over her heart that sent her right into the lake, unable to breathe. No air bubbles rose to the surface.

William was making his way to the water's edge fearing Okoru's kick may have killed her. "Maybe this wasn't a good idea." He commented but just as he was about to dive in; the tidal wave of the water hit him just as Aiko came flying out of the water. Her blade clashed with Okoru's with the Asurans she created appeared facing off with Okoru's own army. When Okoru knocked her away a tiger tackled Okoru while another Asuran, a female lioness standing near Aiko to defend her from a Homunculi so she could get to her feet. Screams echoed as ice spears shot out of the water hitting Okoru's army but Aiko was sent flying right at Okoru knocking his heavy legs out from under him.

Okoru found himself beset by one of Aiko's Asurans, and as the tiger wrapped its' arms about his waist and tried to bring him down, the lion smashed both elbows into the back of the tiger's head, and brought a knee up into its' face, sending it staggering to the ground, and had just turned when Aiko's form crashed into his legs. It wasn't the weight of her so much as he was tangled that sent him to his knees, though with a growl he made a grab for her hair, intent on swinging her around by it and into one of her own soldiers.

When he grabbed her hair, a blade of grass shot upwards. It sliced through her hair cutting it shorter than ever. Freeing herself from Okoru's grip as she kicked off the ground with her wings out to fill with wind. In that moment she dived down with her wooden blade slamming down hard at the junction of his shoulder meeting his neck. If he wasn't going to go easy then neither was she. Her now short loose hair fell abit in her eyes as she looked at Okoru.

Okoru saw the blow coming, but Aiko's speed was impressive and the sword smacked into him. Were the blade real it certainly would have cut him, but as it was, her strength didn't allow for much more than a bruise, and the blunt end of Okoru's sword drove upward to crash into Aiko's gut, Okoru whirling away as he cleared an area around him, golden eyes on Aiko as he assumed a more defensive stance. All around them the battle raged between the Asurans of Aiko and the homonculi of Okoru.

He hit her once more but in the gut that sent her to the ground though she kicked up off the ground to land on a tree limb to regain her breathing. Like him and William said, she won't have time as a homunculi ambushed her to hit her hard in the back of the head. Aiko hit the ground as three Asurans moved to defend her as she laid there out cold and she was defenseless. After awhile her vision was returning but everything was moving in slow motion, head throbbing and the sounds didn't exist. Aiko blindly reached out trying to find her sword but couldn't as it seemed the hit did some damage to her.

Okoru was prepared for an attack from Aiko when the creature hit her in the back of the head, knocking her out cold. Her Asurans moved to defend her, but Okoru brushed them aside with intent as he pushed them away and said, "Enough. The spar is over." he said, hoping that the Asurans would understand him as he moved to scoop Aiko up in his arms. There was no need to continue with the exercise, and continuing would serve no purpose.

"Aiko, are you alright?" he asked, brushing hair back from her face, obvious concern in his tone.

Aiko looked up at the large white thing before her. "Hey....Fur ball..." Giggling softly but curled up to him as the giggle and her talking made her head throb even worse. Whimpering softly as she laid there in his arms suddenly one of the male wolf of her creation yelled out in clear speech.

"Which of you is it?!" The wolf looked to the trees.

It seemed Aiko had given her sight, most of her speech and hearing for the creatures to communicate. Though she could see through another's eyes that looked at Okoru from behind. This was an odd experience but the lioness walked to Okoru, tapping his shoulder. "Take her to...Cabin....Her sight...Nearly gone but she sees you through my eyes." The lioness nudged Okoru to his feet but she crumbled and a pale blue wisp floated to another vessel of a large Hare whose eyes glowed softly.

Glad that she was able to speak, Okoru smiled and kissed her forehead, and realized what was happening as her Asurans moved to get him to take her to the cabin. Standing with her in his arms Okoru would stride toward the cabin, the sparring session obviously over now, and his concern for his mate now paramount. As he entered the cabin he would take Aiko to their room, where he would deposit her on the bed. Stroking her face he kept her hair out of her eyes, and saw that the hare had followed them.

Back
Top Bottom