Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Jessica stuck her tongue out at his teasing and giggled. "Why would I come to japan just to eat italian food?" She teased back as she slurped some of the broth before setting her bowl down and nodding. "I'm ready."

Scott chuckled.
"Well you have a point there."
He finished his noodles and they paid for the meals before leaving. Catching a cab, they were taken to the local zoo. After paying the admission fee, they entered and looked around. They saw distinctly Asian species of animals, including a species of monkey that were accustomed to using natural hot springs to fight off the winter chill, and had their own replicated 'hot tub' within their enclosure.

Jessica smiled as they walked around. She simply adored the adorable pandas and marveled at all the colorful birds. She walked around, holding Scott's hand as she seemed to slowly come out of her sadness.

Scott led Jessica to an enclosure where they could peer down at a pair of Asiatic gorillas. One was a male and one was a female, and their mating season would be coming up soon.
"Those gorillas are part of an endangered species due to loss of habitat. There are less than one hundred that still remain, and the zoo hopes that keeping these two in captivity will allow them to increase their population in safety."
He turned to Jessica.
"Zoos get flak by some for 'animal cruelty', but in many areas where wildlife refuges aren't doable, they can be the safest place for an endangered species, keeping them safe from poachers and loss of habitat."

Scott leaned over the railing, watching the gorillas stare back at him in curiosity.
"When I was in training with Chiang, he taught me all about the respect for life concept that Buddhism holds at its core. For them, all life is sacred, and that's something that would benefit the human race greatly if we all believed that."
The male gorilla measured Scott to see if he was a threat, and finding that he was not, he turned away to go about his business. The female climbed up a tree and gently rocked back and forth on a thick branch. Scott folded his hands together and seemed lost in thought for a moment.

Jessica watched the gorillas and nodded softly at Scott's words, agreeing with him completely. She watched the gorillas for a small while before she leaned lovingly on Scott's shoulder, her face saddening as she thought of her mother, now gone again. "Yes... all life is precious..."

Scott looked over and saw that Jessica was still thinking of her mother.
"Well, that's what I believe anyway."
He put his arm around her and led her to an exotic bird enclosure. They flew around and made chattering sounds. Scott took some provided bird seed and fed it to them, laughing as they flew around to eat it. He invited Jessica to do the same, since it was funny to see the birds race each other to the food.

Jessica giggled softly at the birds and nodded, taking some bird seed as well and holding it out for the birds. She giggled as one of the smaller birds landed on her shoulder and started to preen her hair.

Scott looked over and saw the small bird land on Jessica's shoulder and begin to preen her hair.
"He likes you," he said with a chuckle.
A small bird landed on Scott's finger, perched there while it gazed at him curiously. Taking some bird seed, Scott gently fed it to him and it bobbed happily like it was doing a little dance. It then flew off to perch in the cage with its brothers and sisters. Scott smiled to see so many exotic birds happy and content in safety.

Jessica giggled softly and nodded. "I guess so." She replied and reached up, stroking the birds feathers. It allowed her to for a minute before flying away to go join it's other bird friends. She smiled and once their bird seed had been eating they moved on.

They stopped at a bear cage and watched as he lumbered around.
"This breed can get almost as big as a grizzly. They can be very aggressive and powerful."
He watched as it laid down, chilling in the warmth of the sun.

They watched the bear for a little while and then moved on to some panda bears. The pandas were funny, playful, and cute, tumbling and climbing around with vigor. After seeing several more animals, they left the zoo.
"So, what would you like to do now, babe?"

Scott nodded.
"Yeah, that sounds good. Where would you like to eat?"
He put his arm around her and held her close to him. He was glad that she was cheering up and feeling better. They left the zoo and headed down a busy sidewalk, moving around others.

Scott nodded.
"Yeah, that sounds fine."
They crossed the street and entered a sushi joint, where they were shown to a table after they had left their shoes at the door. Scott placed an order for green tea, and then looked at the menu.
"I think I'll have the salmon roe. What are you leaning towards?"

Scott nodded.
"That sounds pretty good."
When the waiter arrived, he gave their orders and handed the menus over.
"So, what do you think of Japan? Do you like it?"
Scott took a sip of his soda and looked around, thinking that authentic sushi restaurants looked very different from their American counterparts.

Scott nodded.
"Yeah, there's a whole lot of people and urban landscape packed into a pretty small area, so I'm sure it feels dense and claustrophobic sometimes. I'm glad there's still a lot of peaceful nature and relaxing places, though."
The waiter brought their food and Scott began eating his salmon.
"This is good."
He continued eating, electing for the chopsticks over silverware since it was easier to eat sushi with them.

Scott continued eating his food until he had finished.
"Well, that was really good."
He paid the bill and then walked out with Jessica. They went back to the hotel and into their room. Scott laid down in the bed and snuggled Jessica close to him.
"So, what do you want to do tomorrow, babe?"

Jessica sighed in comfort as she cuddled into his arms and shrugged as she was quickly drifting away. 'Whatever..."

(Timeskip to after their honeymoon or do you have something planned?)

Back
Top Bottom