Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Scott smiled as she talked about all of the things that she wanted to do.
"Yeah, I'd love to try some Japanese food that I haven't had before. I want to go to Mt. Fuji and enjoy the view."
He turned to Jessica.
"Of course, we'll see all the sights and shop at cool places. I don't know if they're having a comic-con there this time of year, but we'll check it out."
Scott was looking forward to this romantic honeymoon with his beloved bride.

Scott smiled and kissed her left temple.
"I love you, too, Jessica."
The two rested for quite some time, then got up to put some different clothes on. They left the room and mingled with some close friends for about an hour, just enjoying their time.
"Is there anywhere you would like me to send you for your honeymoon?" Enjela asked with a smile.
"Just to my home in New York so that we can pack for it."

Scott looked over and saw his parents approaching. He realized that while he had wanted to surprise Jessica by having her mom there, she had been thinking along the same lines.
"Mom, dad...It's good to see you."
He gave them each a hug, and his dad apologized for how things had gone between them the last time they had met. Scott forgave him, and they both congratulated him on being married. The three sat down at a table and began to catch up on what had happened while they were apart, and Jessica was invited to sit with her mother and father.

Jessica smiled and rested with him. She sighed a bit in comfort then got up and dressed in a simple gown and followed him out to mingle. She smiled as she saw him talking with his parents but soon turned her full attention to her mother, wanting to memorize her perfect features and the sound of her voice.

Jessica's mother smiled as Jessica sat down.
"I'm so happy for you today. I've been keeping an eye on you, and I'm glad you've got a good job and a good husband."
Jessica's father chuckled.
"I sure never expected her to hook up with a famous superhero, but I'm happy for her."
Jessica's mother took her hand and squeezed it, so happy to be reunited with her daughter even if it was only until the end of the day.

Scott told his parents that he had become a private investigator with an office in New York. His parents were both proud of him, and offered him congratulations on both his normal and extraordinary life. They told him what they had been doing, which was fulfilling though boring compared to his action-packed life.
"So, when can we expect grandchildren?" his mom joked.
"Well, the jury's still out on that one," Scott replied with a chuckle.
The two then discussed plans for him and Jessica to visit them in Detroit after they got back from their honeymoon.

Jessica smiled and squeezed her mother's hand tightly. "Thank you mom, I've missed you so much but I always knew you were watching over..." She continued to hold her mother's hand tightly throughout the evening, knowing her time was limited.

Jessica's mother gently squeezed her hand back.
"Even though I can only be with you for so long, I am always watching over you."
As the evening wore on, Scott knew that they would have to be leaving soon if they wanted to get their stuff together in New York and catch a plane to Japan. Enjela offered to cut their trip in half by transporting them to Scott's home in New York, and he gratefully accepted. The hardest part about leaving would be for Jessica to leave her mother, not knowing when she would see her again.
"Are you ready to go?" Scott asked as he approached her, giving her a sympathetic smile about the difficult parting.

Jessica looked up at Scott as he asked that question, having been dreading it all night but she took a breath and nodded, tears pricking at her eyes as she stood and walked over, hugging her mother as tight as she could without hurting her. "I love you mom... I love you so much..." Her mother would feel the tears dripping onto her shoulder as she clung to her mother a bit.

Jessica's mother hugged her back, her own eyes dripping with tears.
"I love you, too, sweetie. I hope we'll get to see each other again...someday."
With great difficulty the two parted, and Scott gently took Jessica's hand, squeezing it reassuringly.
"I'll always be watching over you, my dear daughter."
Jessica's mother then disappeared in a small flash of white light, returning to Heaven where she would rest comfortably and at peace.

Scott said goodbye to all of the guests, promising his parents that they would see them soon after the honeymoon. Enjela then transported them back to Scott's home in New York, where they could pack for their trip. Scott got out a big suitcase and started to put some clothes in it. As Jessica did the same, they would smile at each other occasionally as they took this first exciting step as a married couple.

Jessica gave her mother a tearful smile as she said those last words to her before she bit back a sob as she disappeared. She clung to Scott a bit as they bid the guests farewell and went almost robotically about as she packed.

Scott could tell that Jessica was sad about being separated from her mom again, but he knew she would bounce back after some time to recover. He finished packing all of his things and helped Jessica finish up her packing. Scott looked forward to their honeymoon in Japan and hoped there weren't any Japanese supervillains running around to spoil the fun. With all of their suitcases packed, he began to load them up in the car for the drive to the airport. After the bags were fully loaded, he turned to Jessica with a smile.
"Ready to go, babe?"

Scott hugged Jessica back, giving her the comfort that she was seeking right now. After letting the hug last for several moments, he broke the embrace and the two got into the car. They drove to the international airport and bought their tickets, flying in business class to save some money. After checking their luggage, they boarded the plane and sat down in their assigned seats. After some preparations, the plane took off for its destination. Soon they would be in the Land of the Rising Sun, and Scott looked forward to a fun vacation with his new wife.

Jessica smiled softly as she rested against Scott and settled in for the long flight, ready for this new chapter in their lives. After a LONG flight and quite a few hours of Jessica sleeping on Scott's shoulder, they landed in Japan and she was jostled awake by the plane touching down, yawning she seemed to be feeling a bit better as she looked out the window and smiled happily.

Scott watched as the plane touched down in Japan, taxiing into the airport. When the plane had come to a stop, everyone began filing off of the plane with their carry-on luggage. Scott and Jessica exited the plane and he went over to grab their luggage from the claims area. Putting his arm around Jessica, he exited the airport with her and they hailed a cab. Their first stop was to check into a hotel where they could stow their stuff and rest up a bit. After that Scott was planning for them to hit up a restaurant, since he had woken up hungry and was in need of food.

Jessica smiled though still seemed a bit muted as she walked with him and collected their things and got in the taxi, she leaned on him slightly as she looked out the taxi window.

Scott put his arm around Jessica and snuggled her close as the tax transported them to their hotel. When they got there, their luggage was taken inside by a bellhop and they approached the front desk to check in. Thankfully, due to his training with Chiang, Scott could speak Japanese and other Asian languages fluently, so there wouldn't be any miscommunications. After they were checked in, they went upstairs to their room and started putting away their luggage.
"Everything okay, babe?" Scott asked as he put his clothes in the closet, "You've been quiet since we left France."
After hanging up his clothes, he put some toiletries in the bathroom.

Jessica looked over at him and smiled sadly, nodding. "Yes love... I'm sorry, I want to be as ecstatic as I thought I would be on our honeymoon... but it hurts... it's hard to let go of my mother again...."

Scott gave her a sympathetic look.
"Yeah..."
There were several things he could say, but none would get rid of the pain in Jessica's heart. He would have to be understanding and let her work it out in her own time.
"Well, I'm starved. What kind of restaurant should we check out in the big city of Tokyo?"

Jessica looked down a little, feeling bad for being so mopey while they were supposed to be on their honeymoon but she couldn't help it... She looked up at Scott's words and chuckled. "Well of course we have to go to a noodle shop." She replied with a soft smile, trying to snap herself out of it.

"Sounds good," Scott replied with a smile and a nod.
They went downstairs and asked the clerk at the front desk if he could recommend a good noodle shop. He recommended Toyo Ramen a couple blocks to the south, and Scott thanked him for the information. They left the hotel and Scott slipped his arm around Jessica's waist, hugging her close to him. They got to the ramen shop in no time and were seated after removing their shoes, as was customary in Japan and other Asian countries. Scott looked over the menu, wanting to know his options before he settled on his choice.

When the waiter returned, Scott ordered the deluxe ramen and Jessica placed her order. After the menus were taken by the waiter, Scott sipped on his iced green tea.
"So, what kinds of sights did you want to see today? Since we just got here, there's plenty to see."
A little while later, their food arrived, and Scott undid the chopsticks.
"Itadakimasu," he said in the traditional Japanese way before skillfully eating the ramen with his chopsticks, a skill he had picked up during his training with Chiang years ago.

Back
Top Bottom