Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Eloise was momentarily shocked when Jessica mentioned a wedding. So many emotions welled up at once, and tears began to well up in her eyes.
"My little boy is getting married...?"
She got a napkin and wiped her eyes with it.
"Well, I would love to go for sure. Scott's father, however, may be harder to convince. He and Scott parted on bad terms a few years ago and haven't spoken since. I'll arrange for you to talk with him, and we'll do our best to convince him to attend the wedding."

Jessica gave her a sympathetic smile as she got so overwhelmed at the thought of her son getting married. She then swallowed nervously but nodded at her words. "I'm sure it would mean a lot to him for you both to be there."

Eloise nodded as she thought about it.
"James will be home from work this evening. We'll both talk to him and see if we can get him to go."
She took a sip of her coffee.
"So, how did you and Scott meet? Was it at that special school in France?"

Eloise nodded.
"Oh, I see."
For the next hour, she listened as Jessica explained how she had met Scott and how the two had begun dating after Scott revealed his powers to her. Eloise learned that Jessica was from Maine and that she had moved to New York City not long before Scott arrived. She also learned that Scott was working as a private investigator in the city and that he had employed Jessica in his firm. She was spared learning about all the dangerous fighting the two had done, but was relieved to learn that her son was doing well and functioning successfully in normal society.

Eloise checked her watch.
"James should be home by now. Let's go over to my place and you can talk to him about the wedding."
After paying for the coffees, Eloise and Jessica left the cafe and walked the short distance to her house, which was Scott's childhood home. While they walked through the entryway and into the kitchen where James was sitting, Jessica saw some baby pictures and pictures of a younger Scott that had been framed and hung up years ago.
"James, honey, I would like you to meet Jessica Allen."

James looked up from his newspaper and smiled politely.
"James Young," he introduced himself while shaking her head.
"Is she a friend of yours, dear?"
"Actually, she's our soon-to-be daughter-in-law. Scott is getting married, and she came to invite us to the wedding."
The smile disappeared from James' face and he put his paper down.

"I see that Scott isn't with you. Is he okay with you inviting us to the wedding?"
Eloise told him that it was meant to be a surprise for him.
"Where is the wedding taking place?"
Eloise told him that it would be at the Shadowgreen Institute.
"Figures that he would want to do it there."

Standing up, James turned to the sink, thinking about the offer.
"I don't know. Scott and I haven't spoken in years, and we almost came to blows the last time we did. It might be better if we stayed estranged."
Eloise excused herself to go get changed out of her jogging clothes. She figured that Jessica might have an easier time convincing him if they could speak privately.

Jessica smiled and shook the man's hand politely but her smile fell as the man who was Scott's father said he shouldn't go. "I don't think that's right." She replied. "I'm sure Scott would want you and your wife to be there. He's spoken about you and he wishes to someday be reconnected with you. I want him to have the family that he loves to be at the wedding..."

James thought about Jessica's words.
"Scott really said that?"
He thought it over, having never wished to be permanently estranged from his son. The sudden acquisition of powers by his son had thrust the family into a world he had never known of, and he had not always been the most supportive about Scott's involvement with it. Even so, now that Scott was getting married and preparing to start a family of his own, perhaps it was time to reconcile. Turning to Jessica, he smiled in a way that she would recognize from when Scott had smiled at him.
"Okay, Jessica. I'll go to the wedding."

Jessica nodded at his question then her eyes widened in excitement and she smiled widely. "Oh thank you! I'm so glad, I'm sure Scott will be so happy!" She said and reached out to shake the man's hand, giving him and Eloise the date, time, and place of the wedding. "If you need financial help to get a flight to France or boarding accommodations I can certainly get that arranged as well."

James shook Jessica's hand.
"Well, thank you, Jessica. I think we should be able to afford a flight to France, but if we need any help, let us know."
"The one thing we would need is a car to take us to Shadowgreen. We know it's in Nice, France, but not where it is exactly."
"I think I can be of assistance."

Enjela appeared in the kitchen, looking at Jessica and Scott's parents.
"It would be easier and much less costly to transport you all to Shadowgreen. I wouldn't want anything happening to you along the way."
With a wave of her hand, Enjela had transported them all to Shadowgreen.
"If you two would come with me, I will help you get fitted for your wedding formal wear."
Enjela then led Scott's parents to the Shadowgreen clothing store, letting Jessica get back to planning her wedding.

Jessica blinked in surprise when Enjela appeared and chuckled softly. Was she always eavesdropping? She just shook her head and went back to check on the preparations with madame shadow.

Two weeks later, the day of the wedding had arrived. The wedding reception area was packed with seating for the over one thousand guests who had turned out for the wedding. There was a special seating area for family and close friends of the bride and groom, and this was where Enjela, Alan, Chiang, Jessica's father, Scott's parents, and most of the Shadow Force sat. The one exception was Nick, who was Scott's best man and therefore stood at the altar. Madame Shadow was wearing her most tasteful black dress and had taken her place as the Maid of Honor. Enjela did her duty as the flower girl, and then it was time for Jessica's father to walk her down the aisle.

As he approached her, there were tears in his eyes. Her hair was done up beautifully, and her dress looked wonderful on her. She bore a strong resemblance to how her mother had looked on her wedding day many years ago, and this stirred a lot of emotions in him.
"You look beautiful, darling."
He kissed her forehead and then looped her arm in his as he walked her down the aisle to the famous song. When they reached the altar, he gave her a hug and then sat down.

A priest stood at the altar, smiling as the bride took her place next to the Maid of Honor. Everything was all set for the groom to make his appearance, but when the door opened, only Nick came through.
"Sorry," he said with a little embarrassment, "Scott hasn't arrived yet."
He took his place at the altar, and the minutes ticked by as they waited for Scott to show. After thirty minutes had passed, everyone was starting to wonder if something had happened to him.
"He'll be here," Nick assured Jessica, "He wouldn't miss his wedding day for the world."

Jessica smiled happily at her father's words, chuckling softly. "Come on daddy. Don't cry." Though her voice was slightly choked up too as he kissed her forehead. She walked with her father up in front of the hundreds and hundreds of people and stood at the altar, excited to marry Scott. But when Scott didn't walk through the door with Nick, her eyes widened in worry and slight horror. She swallowed nervously and nodded as Nick said he hadn't arrived yet but as the minutes ticked by her unease, sorrow, and fear increased to unbelievable heights. Did something happen to Scott on the way here? Was he hurt somewhere? Should she go look for him? ... Had he stood her up? She shifted nervously at the altar though tried to keep her unease hidden in front of all these people.

Just as Jessica was starting to get worried, Scott came down through an open skylight and landed in the center of the aisle. He was wearing his full Valor Armor, and it gleamed in the sunlight like a beacon in the night. This sudden arrival surprised everyone, but none more so than his parents. They were so surprised to see their son like this, since this was their first time seeing his armor up close.
So this is how he looks when he's defending justice as Earth's hero. I couldn't be more proud of the man our little boy has become.

Scott turned to Jessica and his armor disappeared to reveal his regular body. His hair had been cut and styled for the wedding, and he was wearing a white suit with a red and yellow tie, a look that suited him for his wedding. He gave Jessica his best smile, just as excited to marry her as she was to marry him.
"Sorry I'm late. I was on my way here and had to stop some criminals who were robbing a bank in Nice."
At this, many of the guests began to lightly applaud.

"Leave it to Scott to fight crime even on his wedding day," Nick said with a chuckle.
Everyone was smiling and feeling relieved that everything would perceive as planned, and Scott stepped to the altar to take his place.
"Wow, Jessica, you look gorgeous."
He hadn't seen her all done up with her hair and dress, and he thought that she had never looked more beautiful.
"You're the most beautiful bride I can imagine."
Reluctantly tearing his eyes away from her, he cleared his throat.

"Before we continue with the ceremony, I would like to introduce an honored guest that I invited to the wedding. Ordinarily she wouldn't be able to see this day, but I pulled some strings with the man upstairs, and he agreed to let her be here today."
He turned to Jessica and took her hands.
"Jessica, your mother is attending your wedding today."
They both turned to look down the aisle, and as they did, a spectral version of Jessica's mother appeared. As he got closer to the altar, she solidified to look exactly as she had looked in life.

Jessica's father, in complete shock, got to his feet and approached her timidly.
"Darling...Is that really you?"
She turned and smiled at him.
"Yes, dear. You're looking very handsome today, almost as handsome as you looked on our wedding day."
Jessica's father wept and hugged her, never imagining that he would see his beautiful departed wife again while he was still alive. After the two had a short conversation and shared a romantic kiss, Jessica's mother approached Jessica, who had been pushed forward a bit by Scott.

"Oh, Jessica, you look so beautiful today. The last time that I saw you, you were still just a little girl."
She gently took her hands and looked from her to Scott.
"I always hoped that on your wedding day, you would marry someone who loved you from the bottom of their heart. Scott showed that deep, heartfelt love when he did everything he could to make that possible. I'm so happy for you today, honey."
The two shared a loving hug, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house as they witnessed this miraculous reunion of mother and daughter.

Jessica sighed in relief when Scott arrived and chuckled softly in agreement with Nick's words. She smiled at him lovingly and blushed a little as he spoke of how beautiful she was then blinked in surprise and confusion as Scott put off starting the wedding even more. Her eyes then widened in shock and awe as she saw her mother walking up the aisle to her. She stared at her in disbelief as her father met the love of his life again and then stumbled a bit as Scott gently pushed her forward. She felt tears filling her eyes as her mother spoke before she hugged her mother desperately and sobbed into her shoulder. "Mommy... Mommy.... Mommy..." She sobbed as she clung her mother for dear life.

Scott felt tears coming to his own eyes as he watched Jessica reunite with her mother. The last time that Jessica had seen her mother, she had been horribly burned due to Blood Wolf using her as a shield against Alan's attack. The funeral had been a closed casket, and the horrible sight of her mother's body had been the last memory of her mother in Jessica's mind. That was an injustice, and so Scott had arranged for her mother to be here today in all of her beauty. Jessica deserved to remember her mother how she truly was in life, and her mother deserved to see her little girl's wedding day. Scott wiped his eyes and waited patiently for his bride to join him.

Jessica's mother comforted her as she sobbed into her shoulder.
"Now, now, don't cry, Jessie," she said, referring back to the name she had called her as a child.
She gently held her out in front of her and wiped her daughter's eyes clean of tears.
"I'll be here for a while, so we'll have time to talk. For now, you need to go up there and marry the man you love."
She hugged her again and then gently set her on the path to the altar before sitting down by Jessica's father and resting her head on his shoulder.

When Jessica was at the altar, the priest smiled, having never imagined that he would see such a miracle with his own eyes.
"The Lord works in mysterious ways," he said before crossing himself and feeling even stronger in his faith.
Clearing his throat, he began the wedding ceremony in earnest.
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. The groom has informed me that he wishes to recite his own vows, and he may do so now."
Scott turned to Jessica and gently took her hands.

"Jessica, I've never known love and happiness like the kind you've given me. I was afraid that my life would be too dangerous for you, that I would be the death of you. But I see now that our love is strong enough to conquer any obstacle that life puts in our way. I love you more than I could put into words, and I want to spend every moment of the rest of my life with you."
With these vows finished, the priest nodded and turned to Jessica.
"Jessica, do you have any vows that you wish to recite now?"

Jessica sniffled as she held her mother then smiled through her tears as she nodded, glad she hadn't put on any eye makeup. She smiled as she took a deep breath and walked up to the altar, smiling at Scott, her eyes filled with love and gratitude. She held his hand once Scott began his vows. She felt her heart swell with love and joy at Scott's vows and nodded softly at the priest's questions. "Scott... You are the love of my life. My knight in shining yellow and red armor." She said with a joking chuckle then smiled at him lovingly. "You have opened me to a whole new world, you have given me so much, showed me so much. You are the first man I've ever loved. You've helped me conquer my demons and given me the strength stand beside you, whatever battles we may face. I love you so much Scott, someday I hope I can show you just how much. You are my heart, my love, and my hero." She smiled at him, clearly getting a bit emotional as she finished as her eyes looked into his lovingly.

Last edited:
Scott felt tears come into his own eyes at such heartfelt and beautiful vows, and gently squeezed her hands as he held them. With the vows completed, the priest said the rest of the famous ceremonial words leading up the exchanging of the rings.
"Would the best man and the maid of honor please produce the rings please?"
Nick and Yvette got out the rings and handed them to the groom and bride, respectively. Scott recited the marriage vows as he slipped the ring on Jessica's finger. She did the same with him.

The priest then turned to Scott.
"Do you, Scott, take Jessica to be your wife, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"
Scott looked into Jessica's eyes with great love and affection in his own eyes.
"I do."
The priest then turned to Jessica.
"And do you, Jessica, take Scott to be your husband, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?"

Jessica took her ring for Scott and slid it onto his finger, smiling at him lovingly as they held hands once their rings were in place. "I do." She murmured and the Priest smiled and responded. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. Scott, you may now kiss the bride."

Scott beamed, thrilled that he and Jessica were now officially husband and wife. He leaned forward and gave her a loving kiss, sealing their union for all eternity. The two then walked arm-in-arm down the aisle as everyone cheered and applauded. People whistled and tossed flowers at the couple as they left the wedding hall to the reception area outside. There was a large, beautiful cake there, and Scott and Jessica cut it with the knife while Yvette took pictures. The cake was served, with the couple each having a piece. After about an hour of socializing with their friends and family, which also involved Scott giving autographs to junior superheroes, the two headed upstairs to Scott's old room at Shadowgreen.

Scott carried Jessica over the threshold and then sat down on the bed with her. The two then kissed deeply and embraced, enjoying their closeness. When the kiss ended, Scott gently brushed some hair back from Jessica's face.
"So, where did you want to go on our honeymoon?"
The two had been so busy with their wedding preparations that they had not discussed it. Scott really wanted Jessica to go somewhere that she would enjoy.

Jessica kissed Scott back just as lovingly they sealed their wedding vows with the kiss. She then smiled and spoke with her mother for most of the reception though didn't leave Scott out, whenever he had a free moment she would have him join in the conversation, wanting both her mother and husband to know just how important both were to her. She then blushed softly as she was carried to his old room and smiled at him, kissing him deeply and sighing happily as she leaned on his shoulder and thought. "Hm... I've always wanted to go to Japan... I'm a bit of an anime nerd." She said with a giggle.

Scott had enjoyed socializing with Jessica and her mother, and didn't mind sharing her attentions at all. Now that they were back in his old room, he listened as she told him that she wanted to do her honeymoon in Japan.
"That sounds great. I've learned all kinds of Japanese martial arts, but I've never actually been there. I look forward to going."
Scott leaned in and kissed Jessica, holding her close. Slowly, he started to kiss down her neck, initiating their wedding night sex that he had been looking forward to.

Scott stopped kissing her neck for a moment.
"I love you, too, Jessica."
He then continued his kisses, gradually undressing Jessica as he moved her to sit between his legs. His hands moved all over her body, enjoying every bit of her. His clothes were soon gone, and after some more romantic foreplay, he moved her onto his cock and they had sex. After an hour of awesome sex, the two had climaxed and were laying down next to each other in the bed.
"So, what are your plans for when we get to Japan?" he asked with a smile as he snuggled her close.

Jessica smiled softly at his words then sighed happily at his kisses. After they had both climaxed and they were cuddling in bed in the afterglow she looked up at him and smiled. "Hm... well, I definitely want to try as much food as I can, sweet bean buns, ramen, sushi, dumplings, all of it." She said with a giggle and continued. "I would also like to go to a comic-con if they have one where we'll be going. And just, y'know, touristy stuff, see the sights, shop the shops."

Back
Top Bottom