Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Life of Valor (Grave x Kat)

Enjela nodded and provided a bit of lace on the short sleeves for the dress. She smiled softly at the finished product.
"Oh, Jessica, that dress looks so great on you. Did you want to do anything special with your hair?"
She nodded as she asked for the address and phone number of Scott's parents in Detroit and provided them.
"I was thinking that we would hold the wedding at Shadowgreen, since we'll need lots of space for the reception. Every superhero on Earth will want to give their well-wishes and respect to the superhero who ended the government's ban on them. This will be a major event, for sure."

Jessica squealed happily at the sight of the dress and smiled happily at Enjela. "Thanks." She replied then nodded at her question. "I want it up but I also want it kinda flowy looking, like curled and put up in a loose bun." She replied and then nodded. "Good idea." She replied after she copied down the address and phone number.

Enjela considered Jessica's words, and on the mental image of her, she rearranged her hair to look as she described.
"Wow, that look really brings out the beauty in your eyes. Combine it with that dress, and Scott won't have words for how beautiful you look. I'd love to surprise him with how great you look."
Her heart soared in joy for Jessica's happiness, and she watched as she took down the address and phone number of Scott's parents.
"We should visit Shadowgreen and get Madam Shadow's permission to hold the ceremony there. She would also be able to give us the most spacious building for the ceremony. We could talk with her about refreshments, decorations, and everything else to make this ceremony perfect."
Enjela couldn't contain her joy and wiped tears from her eyes, her emotions quite high as she imagined a wedding filled with happiness and love.

Jessica smiled happily and even blushed a bit as Enjela spoke of how beautiful she'd be and nodded in agreement. "Yes, it will be wonderful." She said, also a little teary eyed as she imagined finally being able to become Scott's wife. She stood up and went around the table to Enjela and hugged her tight.

Last edited:
Enjela hugged Jessica back tightly, so happy for the young woman that would soon have her wedded bliss. She remembered her own wedding day to the man she still loved with all of her heart, and it was one of the happiest days of her life. She was at peace knowing that even though her husband had died a painful death, he was at peace in the afterlife and awaited her for when her own day to die would come. Pushing those thoughts out of her mind, she smiled down to Jessica.
"Well, we'd best hurry and get to Shadowgreen. There is much to prepare."

Using her powers, she transported them a great distance to Earth, arriving in the office of Madame Shadow. Yvette nearly jumped out of her chair in surprise at the sudden visitors, but smiled when she recognized them as Enjela and Jessica.
"Well, I certainly wasn't expecting any visitors. What can I do for you two?"
Enjela explained to her that Scott and Jessica were going to get married soon, and that in order to accommodate the number of guests who would want to attend the ceremony, they would need to use Shadowgreen. Yvette said that was no problem, since many a lifelong resident had gotten married within the school and that their recreational building was more than big enough for the attendees.

Yvette got up from her desk.
"Allow me to show you the recreational building."
She walked with them out of the main building and over a few buildings to the large hall. It was a multipurpose facility, and one of the rooms was as large as three football fields laid end to end.
"This room should be more than sufficient. Now, then, Jessica, what kind of plans do you have for this wedding?"
Waving her hands, a large table and chairs for them appeared and they sat down, taking advantage of the solid hologram technology that had been built into the facility by one of their genius scientists.

Jessica nodded then smiled in greeting to Madame Shadow as she followed her to the hall. She then smiled brightly at the size of the room. She sat down and thought a moment. "I'm thinking we'll want some red roses and yellow daffodils to represent his armor color. Maybe we could set up a refreshment table over there... have the ceremony over there... have an open space here for games..."

Madame Shadow nodded and sketched down all of Jessica's ideas on a piece of paper.
"The Shadowgreen kitchen can supply the food and drinks, so thankfully we have that covered. Were you thinking of any wall or ceiling decorations for the wedding? Also, what kind of wedding cake or ice sculpture did you want to do?"
Yvette's expertise in wedding planning showed in how she drew out the plans, since she had hosted over a hundred weddings for the residents of Shadowgreen, some of whom would still be forced to live there even in this new era of tolerance for superheroes. She had not expected to be hosting the wedding of Crusader, who had always seemed so focused on his work, but she was overjoyed to be able to provide wedded bliss for Scott and Jessica.

Jessica smiled and replied. "Well... maybe an ice sculpture of scott's armor where he's protecting a heart? And the cake... maybe... hm... I have an image in my head but it's hard to describe..."

Madame Shadow and Enjela smiled at the thought of Scott protecting a heart, but wondered if they could make a more romantic suggestion.
"While that is totally in character with Scott, since this is a wedding, why don't we go with something more romantic?"
Enjela thought it over and then her eyes brightened.
"I have a great idea. Why don't we do an ice sculpture where Jessica has her arms wrapped around Scott's arm with her head on his shoulder while Scott is looking back kind of surprised? It would be like if Scott was walking off to confront evil and Jessica grabbed him by the arm as if to say, 'I love you and you're not going anywhere without me ever again'."

Enjela smiled softly.
"I know that in your heart your most fervent wish is to be by Scott's side always. You want to face everything the world can throw your way together, the most pure definition of love there is. I feel like this would be a much better image to symbolize your wedding."
Madame Shadow smiled.
"Not only that, but since this is your wedding, too, you should work some of your own personality into the wedding and blend it with his. Scott wouldn't be happy if the wedding seemed like just a celebration of his ego, since he's far too selfless for that."
Enjela gently took Jessica's hand.

"This is still your wedding and if the first decoration that you suggested is what you truly want, then we will go with that. However, as my soon-to-be spiritual daughter-in-law, I will suggest alternatives from time-to-time."
She had noted Jessica's mention of the cake, and would address it as soon as they settled the matter of the ice sculpture. Madame Shadow continued to sketch in details on the paper that they were all in agreement on.

Jessica blinked in surprise, honestly not having realized she was making the wedding more about Scott than her, her heart was just so full of love for him she wanted to show it to the world. But she nodded at Enjela's suggestion and smiled a bit. "I like that, sorry, I guess Scott's all that's on my mind right now." She said, chuckling awkwardly.

Enjela gently took her hand and smiled.
"There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and we'll definitely have plenty of decorations at the wedding to represent him, including the red and yellow flowers you suggested. We'll mix them with decorations that represent you, as well."
Using the connection of her hand, she formed an image of a wedding cake in Jessica's mind.
"Shape the cake to be as you envision it, and we'll make sure it looks like that."
While they sorted out the cake, Madame Shadow drew the dress that Jessica was to wear in perfect detail to her exact specifications so that it could be made later for the wedding.

Jessica smiled and nodded, she then pictured the image of the cake in her head in detail.

(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/f9/fb/12f9fb759f5828f4e7717d935cfd3409.jpg Something like this but with flowers and Scott and Jessica's silhouettes

Enjela nodded as the cake appeared in her mind, and she visualized it with Jessica's specifications in mind.
"I will make sure the cake is perfect," she said with assurance.
Madame Shadow had sketched in the seating, making sure that they could accommodate all of the guests.
"Well, Jessica, there are just a few more items to go over. Did you have any other decorations you were wanting to include? Also, have you settled on a Maid of Honor yet. Also, did you have a specific color in mind for the suits that the men will wear and the dresses the women will wear?"

Jessica blinked in surprise at all the questions and chuckled. "Well, maybe we could do like... Maybe like cherry blossoms? I don't know, something springtimeish. We met in the spring. And I'm thinking the men can wear Red and Gold alternately, and the women can wear blue and purple alternately, those are my favorite colors. As for the maid of honor... Hm... I was thinking Enjela could be the flower girl and... maybe you could be the maid of honor Madame Shadow?"

Madame Shadow was surprised when Jessica asked her to be her Maid of Honor. She had played the part before with brides who had lived their whole lives at Shadowgreen, but she had expected that Jessica would have chosen someone else, like a close female friend or family member. Even so, she smiled and nodded.
"If that is what you want, I'll happily be your Maid of Honor."
She scribbled down notes for the outfits and put down cherry blossoms as additional decorations.
"Well, I think we have everything together, so now we'll just need time to put it all together."
Enjela nodded.
"While you get started on that, now would be a good time to go see Scott's parents to invite them to the wedding."

Madame Shadow hugged her back with a smile.
"It's my pleasure, Jessica. I want the start of you and Scott's union to be as happy as possible."
After the hug, Madame Shadow opened a portal for her to go through, where she would arrive in Detroit, Michigan a few blocks from Scott's childhood home. This would give her a chance to call them and meet up with them, hopefully offering a chance for a family who lived in two different worlds to be reconciled. Enjela was sure that, if anyone could do it, someone as sweet and open-hearted as Jessica would be the one to do it.

As the phone rang in the Young household, Eloise Young came around the corner from downstairs to answer it. She was a trim and attractive middle-aged woman who enjoyed her work as a bank manager and exercising. Her husband Michael was out of the house so she was waiting for him to get home before she went for her regular jog. As she made her way to the phone, she passed by a family photo of Scott and his parents, taken before he got Valor and everything changed. Picking up the cordless phone, she held it to her ear and pressed the answer button.
"Hello, Young residence, Eloise speaking."

Jessica's heart was racing as the phone rang and she paused a moment nervously as she heard it being picked up. "Hello Mrs. Young. My name is Jessica Allan. I'm a... a friend of Scott's. I would like to speak with you about something important regarding your son, it's... something I would like to discuss in person."

Eloise was not sure what to make of the phone call at first. It was a bit suspicious that someone claiming to be a friend of Scott's would all of a sudden call her out of the blue, especially since they had not been close with their son for the last few years. Although it was a woman on the other end of the line, that did not do much to allay her fears. She had seen a documentary not long ago in which a husband and wife team of armed robbers would have the wife claim car trouble to get the victims to open the door before the husband would rush in and rob them of all of their valuables at gunpoint. Fearing a similar set-up, she decided that she would meet her at a public diner rather than her home.
"Well, Ms. Allan, I'll meet you at a diner on West Fifth Street and we can talk there. I'll be sitting in a booth in the back corner."

Hanging up the phone, Eloise got her purse and walked a few streets over to Walt's Diner before going inside. Sitting in a back booth, she ordered a couple cups of coffee when a waitress approached. She wondered what could be involving Scott all of a sudden, and why he had not approached them himself. Her heart suddenly turned cold as she feared that Scott was in the hospital on life support or something. She was snapped out of her thoughts as the door opened again and a slim, attractive young woman with brown hair stepped inside. Wondering if this was who had called her earlier, she composed herself and began adding cream and sugar to her coffee, stirring it with a spoon.

Jessica tried to thank Mrs. Young for the opportunity but she had already hung up before Jessica could open her mouth. She turned off her phone and walked down the street, taking her a bit longer to find the diner as she wasn't familiar with the area she stepped in the diner and looked around for the booth she spotted it and the woman who had hair the same dark brown as Scott's and eyes the same deep, mysterious blue eyes he did. Her heart suddenly began racing. This was Scott's mother. She was about to sit down with Scott's mother, whom she had never met before, and tell her she was marrying her son. She took a deep, nervous breath to try and remain calm as she approached the woman and gave a hesitant smile. "Mrs. Young?" She asked, holding out her hand to shake.

Eloise stood up as the young woman she had spoken to earlier suddenly appeared before her.
"Yes," she replied with a smile, shaking her hand, "You're Jessica?"
She invited her to sit down and took a sip of her coffee.
"You said you were a friend of Scott's? Is everything okay with him?"
Deep down she had a motherly fear that Scott was lying in a hospital bed somewhere and this friend was breaking the news to her.

Eloise sipped her coffee and looked a bit surprised after Jessica spoke.
"Oh, so you're Scott's girlfriend? I'm glad that he's dating such a nice, wholesome-looking young woman. I was always worried that he would get mixed up with the wrong girl while he was away from home."
She wondered what kind of favor that she and Scott would ask of her.
"Well, if it's a favor for both of you, then why isn't Scott here?"

Back
Top Bottom