Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

` ℮ с ℓ ι р ѕ ℮ - OOC/Main

iKitten

Supernova
Here in Your Arms...Stabbing you with Glee

moonshadow11920_xthumb.jpg

� оwи�я ¦ »­» Princess of Darkness213 »­» Previous on BM ¦ prettylySIN
á?¦ яоâ??â?®Ñ?â??аγ gâ?®Ð¸Ñâ?® ¦ »­»Fantasy
á?¦ â??ιÑ?â?®ÑÐ°ÑÎ³ ¦ »­»Literate to Advanced-Literate

This is going to be a fantasy roleplay filled with violence,
romance, love triangles, chaos and much, much more.
So, prepare for the great adventure that is waiting for you.
Get those wheels in that noggin of yours turning and do a
couple finger exercises to prepare for this, because it's
going to be the adventure of your lifetime!​
  • Left in ruins, the world of Marosia tries to survive under the King of Darkness' reign. The people wonders where the noble knights have gone, and while some blame them, some would open their homes for their protection. While the knights trek on the journey to where the first shard is said to have been sent (to the West, through the mazes and towards the Elves), it is rumored that the Treacherous Knight has been sent on a hunt for that shard as well. How many times will their paths cross roads? What dangers lie in the path towards the Western kingdom, and who will achieve the first known shard?[/list:u]

* I know we're still working on some profiles and some openings are still available. However, this is to get the ball roll. The 2 posts per week requirement will start the coming Monday, 12th of October.

\o Hola~

Perfect timing, oddly -just got back from the store-

But hm... well, Vayne could know about the officer (assuming you're talking about the woman that Gandrian killed earlier). I made the link rather vague so it's up to however strong we want to make it.

Not sure if you have the time to read, but I made a new installment on my storytelling link~ it's about how Gandrian changed over to the dark side where there are cookies!. Essentially, through that, Vayne gains Gandrian's complete trust. So, if we made the link rather strong and bird-eyes watching over Gandrian, then it wouldn't be that farfetched. On the other hand, we could make it less invasive of privacy as well.

Well, the reason I want to know is because in what I have for him Vayne scolds Annie for seemingly senselessly killing one of his officers. "Gandrian, you know officers don't grow on trees". If vayne wouldn't know he just killed someone, or an officer, obviously I shouldn't have him do that.

I read it a while ago. Yesterday I think.
Very nice, made me sympathize for annie.
I do like the idea of him trusting and being loyal to Vayne, it seems most of his underlings would turn on him if they got the chance (like malak), while his own trust is only given to those who are loyal.

If Valen knew, they would have to answer to him.

Well, I just hoped that I made it accurate towards characters and all. Seemed like a good idea to make Vayne less aggressive and more assertive. Dude likened it to Eve and the Snake, which was something I based part of it off on.

Hmâ?¦ well, your choice ultimately. Either direction of Vayne reacting badly or â??nicelyâ?? could tip the beginning of a stronger sense of trust between him and his general, or the beginning of questions. At the same time, either direction seems like an interesting one.

It is fine. I like the idea of Vayne being more subtle and professional than outright aggressive.

I imagine Vayne could continue acting fatherly to him even after he won. He would likely seek out Gandrian's quirks, reward him when he did what he wanted, give him what he needed in order to insure a more loyal and dedicated general.

Vayne isn't your token evil overlord, he knows how to manipulate people and get his way and is incredibly charismatic, and knows way better than to abuse his subjects, that just isn't effective. He could also be seen as quite uptight in that fashion, and has little tolerance for failure and insubordination.

• Nekar isn't looking to stab Vayne in the back anytime soon.
    She just doesn't want to get thrown away, so she works hard.
    I'll be good to finally get the baddies moving soon. Vali posted for Anoleis like. . . .on the first page?
    And it's been a bit since Kitten posted for Gandrian. I'll have to start thinking up an intro for Nekar
    so we can get everyone there moving forward.[/list:u]

^.^

That is good.
Vayne likes Nekar, she is his best assassin after all.
She keeps being useful to him, there is no way he would throw her away, else lose a valuable asset.
Heck, her diligence would just please him, and he can be hard to please. Vayne is a good boss for that type of attitude.
If you want, Nekar could be another commander to get a summons to the throne room, since she will be another really big player in the upcoming invasion of Altima's homeland, a topic vayne could discuss.

XP

In negative news. I am running into a couple snags in Malak's post, I hate being indecisive.

• I think I'm going to echo Kitten's original rule that we only post with one character per post here from now on.
    Middie, you definitely need to take care of posting as Vayne before you do anything with Malak. Gandrian has been kneeling for a while and talking to a brick wall.
    And Vali has been stuck with Anoleis since page one. Malak might be high ranking, but he's not on top, and he's not going to help us get the bad guys moving.

Not to really be an ass here or anything. . .but I do remember talking to you before about focusing a bit more on Vayne and Valen than Malak.
    And I did that because we need both of them to keep the story going. They're basically the main character and the main bad guy if you want this all to boil down to
    a black and white thing. They're the leaders. The movement of the good guys depends on Valen, the movement of the bad guys depends on Vayne. It's that simple.
    Malak isn't even the top general. Gandrian is. I'd be more concerned about Vayne and his connection with Gandrian at this point than trying to build Malak up.
    Just do something with the guy.[/list:u]

Their posts won't be in the same post, but with both their posts, I will be meeting them together in the timeline at some point in their post, with Malak's arrival giving Vayne more to talk about. I would be posting and having them interact as if I were two separate people. I was intending to get them both moving at the same time.

If you all feel so strongly about that though I will just have Vayne just reply to Gandrian's arrival, maybe put some filler into the post, have Mal show up later to the party. Heck, maybe I will use him to give Anoleis something to do.

Ooh, thought you were making one huge post. My misunderstanding and apologies~ \o

In my opinion, it might be best to have Vayne post first/before (instead of one after the other that you're planning). Just because we want to stretch out reactions a bit more; it'll give Malak more to react to if he enters in after Vayne moves and if anyone else joins in (the throne room) after KoD is active.

In response to what you and Dude appear to be talking about: I believe the rift here is that it still appears like you focus on Malak a lot compared to Vayne and Valen. The V's are main good/bad guys, so the delay in posting them because you're stuck on Malak's post is delaying everyone. However, that's just my opinion and I'm only voicing it because I'm finding that we (as a whole) are falling out of rhythm with the flow of the story.

I wasn't... It seems it may be easier to do any fights between any two of my characters that way, or like cinematic... but I know better.

I am not really focusing too much on Malak versus the two leaders, he is just a newer character, so there really isn't as much set on him. The other two are more developed as is, I know what I want from and with them. I was mostly just working on malak's post first because it came chronologically before Vayne's, that and him arriving would allow me to make Vayne's post a bit more full.

You guys have convinced me that I need to post as Vayne first, have Malak come in later, perhaps after Nekar arrives, if she does, for the talk on the invasion. Again, I am still not really certain as to why Vayne called Gandrian up, there are a few possibilities, but currently I am going with the fact that Vayne has sensed the shards waking up, and wants Annie ready to go out and get them, that or he wants a report on something. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, earlier, Gandrian was supposed to introduce Vayne, so that was an open ended method. They could do a number of things, all of which would make sense. I can list some of my ideas if that'll help?

1. Talking about the shards' appearances could be a good start. From here, I could see Vayne talking about the attack on the town and ~also~ planning to send one of the commanders out to attempt to get the shards. This saying that, it doesn't have to be the one that's in the Elvin Kingdom, since I remember someone saying that the first shard should be Team Light's semi-easy task (kind of like a trial run? XD)

2. Just plan chatting and plotting? Gandrian's supposed to be Vayne's General and advisor, so they could plot the attack - with other Team Darkies too if Vayne summon the others.

3. Vayne's pissed at something? While not a huge plot mover, it would give an opportunity for all of Team Dark to begin interaction and show how they interact with each other. Team Light's already working on that, so a gentle ease into RPing as the darker side would help us all as roleplayers, I think.

4. -'splodes-? No wait, that doesn't solve anything >o>'

Filler is easy to do. Gandrian could have walked in on a magistrate whop had pissed Vayne off, get to witness the king's method of dealing with traitors firsthand

The important stuff on the other hand is slightly more difficult. He could send a couple of them on another mission, perhaps quell a rebellion or something

• To weigh in on the situation here. . .

I think that two things could be happening. First of all, I do think he needs to start talking about taking over Alusair. Send Nekar out to gather information. He could also send someone out to start seeking shards, or looking for signs of where they are. This could be what Malak does. If you so want, you can pair them up. Have Gandrian begin preparation for an occupation, while you can have Anoleis and Malak start seeking signs of future shards.

And yes, to reiterate here - the plan is Hieronidan is an easy shard gain for the team light. Alusair is a loss that's meant to discourage them/push them towards making progress. That is my plan. There are lots of shards though. Lots of places that can be attacked and occupied. . .I've just planned out this much honestly, because I wanted to see what everyone else would think/come up with as we go along.

Do feel free to have Vayne eviscerate someone foolish enough to betray him though. Or you could have him send Anoleis and Gandrian to quell a rebellion. Or however you want to make this work.[/list:u]

One way we could explain the heroes getting their freebee is that Malak (Or vayne) probably can't sense the shard in the forest at all, too much magic present to pick out the pinprick of light, like a special needle in a stack of needles. Other places, not so hard. We could also use Malak and Anoleis do as you said, perhaps give Nao and Itsuki something to do in the process, have them bump into eachother or something. >.>

I want at least Gandrian, Nekar, and Malak to be present for the instructions regarding Alusair's invasion, they all have parts to play for that battle, and it's fate is still up in the air. Heck, if we want to make it Really bad, Gandrian could call in Vayne, force the heroes to flee absolutely.

Nekar of course is gathering information on Alusair, and opening the gates so the baddies can get in there in the first part., Malak will be attending the battle (or at least that was the original plan, dunno if it has changed... o_O) and will be summoning a creature he has been working on in the final stages of the offense, Gandrian will likely be the field commander if he attends... they all have parts to play. The bad guys will be needing to work together in terms of information and strategy.

And of course, that is always fun to do ^.^

• Oh. Unexpected, but sweet. :]
    Never really doubted you weren't here. I know how you do your lurk thing. You're good~[/list:u]

I am almost done with Vayne's post, and I hope to get it posted soon. :3

Yay for everybody being here.

• Well. . .Raiden isn't here.
    So I guess he's missing out on the party. And the cool hats.
    He'll probably be a little jealous when he reads this tomorrow~[/list:u]

• Well, by "Here" I technically didn't mean all online.
    I meant still attending the rp, ect, ect, ect, nobody has vanished yet.

Buut, he isn't here, here. so he does miss out on the cool hats.
    *puts on a hat*

Yeah...
    >.>[/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom