Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Demon Lord Rises (Broomhandle and Princess)

"Impressive, Lux," Ganondorf purred, their feet finally touching the hard rock where his blade was resting. It seemed the Goron decided a quick resolution was best, as they seemed to have simply stabbed the blade into the rock surrounding the lava, which was still cool to the touch. He wondered, curiously...how long this process took? Did Girahim fight until he could do it no longer, waiting for him to return? Did it take him so long to even find himself again after every loss? He had more questions than answers at this point. Even being so close to it now, the air was dangerous and overwhelming, Ganondorf felt his fingers twitch hungrily for it.

"Mind yourself, girl, this barrier is the only thing keeping us alive." he murmured, moving closer. Dark lightning rippled off his chest, but he ignored it. It seemed that under such duress, he was simply protecting himself against everything.

Lux also had to ignore that faint sensation of pain in her chest. It was simply what he was feeling, and she couldn't afford to stop to think about it. She only focused on the sound of his voice, which helped in her concentration as her eyelids dropped to block out everything else. She didn't comprehend his words, what it meant if the barrier were to collapse, and that her life was in danger at this point. None of that mattered right now, not when she needed to maintain her focus.

Putting his hand around the grip was a task that required far more effort than he thought, but the moment he did, he felt locked into place. He let out a faint grunt as his eyes widened, he couldn't describe the sensation of his eyes twitching and burning as the pupils cracked open like eggs and bled out, blackening his sclera and leaving only the burning orange of his pupils left.

Beautiful, fair skinned, radiant and everlasting in her kindness. Armies, war, the thunder of drums and the crash of steel. The howl of death, the taste of blood. The thought of victory so close, so, so close...

The volcano rumbled ominously, Ganondorf's hair rose with a crackle of dark energy, his red mane began to glow like a burning flame. He gnashed his teeth in fury, his grip tightening harder on the blade. The anger burned like the lava around them, sinking deep into his gut as he let out a guttural roar that sounded more like a beast than a man. The feeling was so familiar, and yet it was a distant memory that not even his blade could fully remind.

In green and blue, a blade blessed by the goddess. They fought until the darkness came, until the anger came. Again, he returned, and again, and again, and again. Link. Zelda. The years replayed back like a snapshot of failure, and victory, and failure. Which one was he, was he all of them? None of them? Would he be doomed to repeat the same mistakes, over and over again, no matter how hard he tried? He gripped the blade tightly with his other hand, gritting his other hand as his rapid eyes tried to focus on the blade as he started to heave upwards. He was their sickness, their disease...no matter how many times they put him away, he would always return.

But now, it would be different. He had everything he needed to prevail over the two of them, he had the satisfaction of bedding the reincarnation of the Goddess herself, and watching the little hero boy fawn over her and suffer in silence. The lightning crackled and snapped, tearing away chunks of rock around them as he pushed the blade up further, drawing it out of the rock with a furious roar of victory as the magic snapped out around them, pushing away the lava and immediately hardening it to burning rock and snuffing out the light of the volcano, save for the bright burning mane and the glow of his eyes.

Demise was gone, his anger, his hatred had taken a new form: Ganondorf, The Demon King.

Lux was surprised how long she had managed to hold out with all those images, things she had to ignore but was simultaneously aware of. She was surprised that she kept her focus until the very end, however she had no choice but to sever their connection when her lord exploded with power that was beyond mortal comprehension. It overwhelmed her own magic and she cried out in pain from the recoil and dropped to her knees. The things she had seen while connected with him all rushed into her head at once, and it was hard to distinguish his memories from her own. There were also memories from a third. Was it the blade?

Yes, it was. She understood now, what made that blade so powerful. She knew what it was...she knew why it was so important. Ghirahim, what a truly marvelous creation. The only thing that would match The Heroes Master Sword.

She was brought back to reality when she heard the sounds of fighting echoing throughout the caverns, and the war cries of what she guessed were the Goron's. Since they were getting closer, she could only assume her sisters were retreating. Sybil probably felt it and knew that their mission was over.

"On your feet, girl," Ganondorf rumbled, his mane still burning like fire, his eyes still nothing but molten orbs surrounded by darkness as he turned, a powerful hand on her shoulder to hoist her up. In his hand, the blade burned with a dark aura that seemed to radiate heat. It hungered, it hungered for the blood of it's prisoners. His voice had more depth than any it had before, it rumbled like thunder and filled the air. His grin never left his face as the comfortable weight of a blade he barely knew felt like a treasured friend.

Yes...this would do nicely.

She had no choice but to pull herself together, as light headed as he made her feel. They weren't...going to retreat. He was planning on fighting the Goron's, she could see it, feel the blood lust in the air. Sybil and Nala finally regrouped with them, and neither of them looked too injured, but it was obvious they had been fighting hard to keep the Gorons at bay. When Sybil saw Ganondorf, she couldn't help but give him the once over. It excited her, he looked so...amazingly strong. Whatever unease she felt by being inside the enemy territory had been silenced. He would protect them.

"Lord Ganondorf, I see that you were successful in pulling out the sword. However, the enemy is great in number. We held them off as long as we could."

"So you did," Ganondorf murmured easily, rolling the blade in his hand as he stepped forward, the heavy footfalls of Goron troops rumbling the very ground beneath them. They didn't even have time to get into formation before Ganondorf ran at them like a charging boar, his massive sword swung down with a roar of fury that split the formation in half in a shower of dark energy. Their weapons broke, their formation scattered in a single downward swing. They tried to form up again, but Ganondorf was faster than them as he cleaved through the formation in a shower of Goron blood.

The laughter of the Demon King was echoing through the mountain that night, he cared little for anything other than moving forward, and the Gorons could offer no resistance once his mighty blade was in his hands again. Those who did not fight were frozen in terror, watching as a creature from beyond their nightmares had darkened their home and slaughtered their army as if it was nothing, and left as quick as he appeared with his accursed blade. The skies were ominous that night over Hyrule, but the Gerudo Desert was remarkably cool even in the morning when Ganondorf and his entourage returned home, his mane still glowing as his sword was held in a death grip.

It would take some effort to properly connect with Girahim, but it would be worth it.

Their exit from death mountain hadn't seem to phase her sisters, but Lux couldn't help but be shaken. Sure, they had killed before, but the scale of the deaths that had occurred that night..it was immensely disturbing. The ease that Lord Ganondorf demonstrated while cutting down the Goron by the hundreds was terrifying, and Sybil and Nala followed him without even having to lift a finger...and they seemed to really enjoy the demonstration.

Lux however? It didn't quite sit right with her, even though she knew that it was supposed to be okay. The enemy was the enemy, better off dead than in the way. She wondered if it was really okay, though...

Kali was waiting for them after she had heard they were seen in the distance, and she was happy to see they had been so successful. The way Lux scurried off without even bothering to acknowledge her was strange, but she thought nothing of it other than the poor girl being tired. "What a magnificent sword," Kali murmured in awe. "I am glad you were able to retrieve it from the enemy. I trust there were no complications?" She asked, her eyes moving to Sybil.

"None." She responded simply, her sharp eyes following Lux until she was out of sight.

Kali may have been the first to greet them back from their mission, however Medusa had long since sensed their coming hours before they even got there. It was interesting, how a simple weapon could expand the vastness of his already impressive strength. She had to wonder if retrieving this blade first would have granted them a swift victory the first time they attacked Hyrule, but she was aware that there was a reason behind Ganondorf's games of patience, and that reason was Link.

She did not leave the comfort of her dark room, she rather enjoyed being locked away in darkness as she watched Hyrule from her mirror, and from the eyes of her little bird. Speaking of which, she needed to educate her...she needed to learn. While she wasn't as blind as most angels, she still had a sort of righteousness to her that needed to be removed. Pit was the same way, but it was the source of his creation that was directly responsible for that. As long as he didn't mind killing for her, she would leave him alone. Chi however...the innocence of not spilling blood needed to be removed.

That would have to wait for another time. She was more curious about seeing Ghirahim up close, and hearing what Ganondorf's plans were with him.

The little adept that scurried off was an unsurprising development to Ganondorf, but it was a problem for another time. Ganondorf glanced around a moment before letting out a long, heavy exhale that seemed to calm him, his hair going to back to it's normal red hue, and his eyes slowly returning to normal. An interesting gift, it seemed...one that he would have to control with time and effort, it was something...but not enough. He still didn't have everything that was rightfully his.

"Sybil," Ganondorf mumbled. "I am going to speak with Lady Medusa, I wish to talk to the girl who aided me later," he said, grinning at her. "Keep an eye on her for me, mm? Good work, all of you, I am very pleased to see you have not forgotten your strong heritage."

"As you wish, my King." Sybil said simply as she bowed before him. Nala did the same, and it was clear that she was disappointed that their mission was over. More than like likely she would be one of the first to wait at his door as soon as he wished to receive more intimate company with someone who wasn't Medusa, or apparently Lux.

Honestly though, Sybil wanted to just spend time with Kali. Being away from her for the evening felt unnatural, and she missed her the whole time. Kali seemed to notice though, because she reached out for Sybil's hand. "I'll go check on her and make sure she's okay. Sybil won't be too comforting if she just stands over her glowering at her. She's probably just had a long evening. We'll make sure she's calmer by the time you speak to her." Kali smirked before bowing as well an excusing herself, dragging Sybil with her.

The air was suddenly thick with impatience, and it wasn't hard to guess why.

Ganondorf sighed dramatically, pinching the bridge of his nose a moment beforehead heading to Medusa's room. Could the woman at least be vocal about her impatience instead of passively implying the very air around him to hurry it up? Honestly, women. It was a conflicting time when she was so beautiful with that look of irritation on her face, ah...how he loved to see it during their first night together.

No matter, he needed her assistance regardless as he headed to her door, nudging it open with his hand currently not gripping his blade like it was his lifeline.

"My lady," Ganondorf said, holding up the glowing blade with a smirk. "I believe I was promised something for my victory?"

When he finally showed up with the blade, Medusa rose from the comforts of her bed and walked over slowly to admire Ghirahim up close. Marvelous, the wicked design was fitting for such a weapon. She held her one of her fingers to a pointed edge of the sword, and without even touching the blade, she felt it's energy crackling as if readying itself to lash out at anything that touched it. She could smell the fresh sent of blood, yet it's thirst of battle hadn't been satiated nearly enough. She had to admit to even herself, that she as impressed with it.

"I suppose I did promise you a proper welcome." Medusa said thoughtfully as she retracted her hand away from the blade and then snaked her arms around his neck. She then brought him down to plant a passionate, lustful kiss on his lips, her long tongue finding it's way into his mouth. She was ready to forgive him, she supposed.

Ganondorf's brows arched in pleasant surprise when the kiss graced his lips, and he returned it with a hungry growl, his other arm wrapping around her waist to tug her closer to greedily take the willing attention, his mouth parting a fraction as his own tongue joined hers. Mmn...what was all this all of a sudden? She couldn't so much as sneer at him before, and now she wanted to kiss him? He was hardly going to complain about it, had she decided to come around?

Perhaps working with her wasn't a bad idea at all...

The kiss lasted for several more moments before she slowly pulled her lips away from his, but did nothing to leave his embrace. "Now then," She purred as she trailed the back of her hand against his face. "Tell me, how did it go? Don't tell me you left without causing a little bit of chaos, like you did in Lake Hylia." She grinned.

"Mm, yes...well," he smirked, licking his lips. "The Goron tried to raise a defense, that was a spectacular failure," he purred. "They were no match for me with my old friend, which I need your help with, my dear," he said, holding his hand up again. "Truthfully, I am surprised I found it," he admitted. "It has been a remarkable amount of time since I last used it, I believe the spirit in the blade is simply acting as a blade would, I need your assistance in separating the spirit from the sword."

"Separate the spirit? What on earth for? That's what makes the blade so strong, is it not?" Medusa questioned as she glanced over the blade once more. She had never seen a weapon with a spirit inside of it, at least not so closely, but she was well aware of their existence, and dealing with spirits was not an issue. She could pull it out easily enough, but what good would that do?

"Because as it stands, I can't remove my grip from the sword," Ganondorf murmured. "And if I have any memory of the spirit within, it is quite clear why...the blade will be more than effective without him," he smirked. "But I can't very well walk around with a sword stuck to my hand, can I?" Yes, he would lose some considerable power without him within it, but detaching Girahim from the sword properly would allow his spirit to calm.

"I see," Medusa said with somewhat of a disappointed frown. "Well, I can certainly remove his spirit, transferring it into something physical is a different story..." She trailed off as she pulled away from him, tapping her cheek in thought. If she had her power back, it would be no issue creating a vessel for the spirit, but as it stood, she couldn't create something from nothing. Pit was different, she was able to manifest him using the originals DNA, the body didn't come from thin air but rather replicated cells. With Ghirahim, there was nothing but the sword. "I need a body to ground the spirit, dear. A suitable one, the flesh of our monsters will not work."

"Hm..." Ganondorf murmured. "Yes, I suppose it would be difficult to simply rip the spirit out of thin air..." he grunted faintly, flexing his hand a moment with a heavy exhale as he glanced at his sword. "We need a place to secure this," Ganondorf murmured. "I fear this will not be a simple task in any stretch of the imagination, but I cannot help with one hand." Removing his grip would be a herculean effort, but having the sword in their possession was an advantage anyway.

"I do not need your help for this." Medusa stated passively. "I will have a body prepared by sunset for it. I won't use any of your women of course, that just wouldn't do. Not when they all so fanatically worship us." She turned back to face him, her eyes now on his hand. There was definitely evidence that the sword was doing it's best to cling onto his energy, as if it was trying to become an extension of his arm. She wondered if he would really be able to let it go while it was at its current state.

"Oh?" Ganondorf said in amusement. "So very confident, are we? And where are you planning to hold this sword in the meantime, then?" he said, his hand twitching faintly. Even lifting a finger felt like an effort, but he refused to let a sword dominate him. He was the owner, not the other way around as he sunk it into the floor and took an even breath, his entire arm flexing as he slowly started to open his hand up, dark lightning crackling between his fingers.

"Here is less than ideal, but it will work since you've already sunk the cursed thing into the floor." Medusa stated dryly as her she lifted up her hand towards the blade. The mist that hovered just above the floor began to circle around it, growing thicker as it materialized into thick, black chains. "Holding it here for the day should not be an issue." She continued as the chains tightly coiled around it and then anchored themselves to the floor. It didn't like that, but maybe it would be distracted enough to let Ganondorf free his hand.

Lightning crackled over the change in defiance, but it was zapped away almost immediately as Ganondorf focused his hand a moment, his eyes blackening once again as his mane suddenly burst into flames as he slowly started to open his hand with a snarl of focus. It was hardly a pleasant experience, pain shot up his arm with every step before his hand recoiled away violently and he slammed into the wall so hard that it blew out the back, a trail of dark magic arcing between it as he slumped down with a heavy wheeze.

Truly, Girahim had been dormant for so long that the blade had lost all sense of itself. He could relate.

The chains groaned under pressure when Ganondorf finally managed to separate himself from the hilt, but they stayed in place. So long as Medusa did not stray far from the chains, they were capable of keeping the damned thing restrained. Still, it was annoying to say the least, having one of her walls destroyed. She would make sure he'd see to repairs as soon as possible.

"Stubborn thing, but no match for me." She said with a smirk as she added more chains to the blade, just for safe measure. "As long as I keep my magic focused on it until I transfer the spirit, that is."

"Hmph," Ganondorf grunted, flexing his hand in irritation. "...I still don't understand why it's here," he admitted. "I have always known of it's existence, known that Hyrule at times knew of it...but this is the first time I have sensed it."

Back
Top Bottom