Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Demon Lord Rises (Broomhandle and Princess)

"I was thinking the same thing," Medusa said with a smirk. "The more you hurt the hero, the angrier it will become. At Zelda, the source of her lovers pain. It wouldn't take much to corrupt and twist that anger into something we can use." Medusa had a feeling that his piece of the Triforce would be the key to reaching this presence, but she would be patient for now. Corruption was a game, waiting for the right moment to take advantage of rage and jealousy would be imperative to use it to their advantage.

"Mm, Link is not so easily harmed," Ganondorf murmured. "I know from experience, his willpower is beyond comprehension, however..." he purred. "My lady, would you grace me the honor of a fraction of your power?" he smirked widely, opening up his palm to a burning, crackling orb of dark magic. "As it stands, we need a suitable distraction for the would be hero as I am making my way to Death Mountain."

She was a little more...protective of her power than he was, after all she was just gaining it back. However, he had let her use some of his not too long ago, and she supposed she had to return the favor. "Anything to gain the advantage." She simply said as she raised her hand towards his. Misty, black magic flowed outwards from her clawed finger tips, fusing into the orb that rested into his palm, making it darker than night itself. What was his plan, she wondered..

"Excellent," Ganondorf purred hungrily, fingers twitching as lightning arced along his arm. "You are new to this land, my lady...I think it's only proper you understand it's biggest threat," he said, heading toward the window to let the dark little ball drift into the sky...and then shoot north. "There is a large lake south of here, known as Lake Hylia...I'm sure you know the type of hero that Link is, but I think you should understand the depth of his talents," he smirked. "If you grow bored, perhaps you can see what is happening there, mm?"

Link would understand how this war would play out, and he would understand it the hard way.

Medusa watched the energy flit far away before her eyes settled back to Ganondorf. "What did you just do?" She would heed his advice, and she would watch Lake Hylia...but she did not like being kept in the dark about plans. Surprises were not to her liking, especially when Pit had surprised her dozens of times by foiling her perfect plans. She liked to be aware of everything.

"That water is too pure, too clean," Ganondorf purred. "The fish within feed many people, and it would be a terrible shame if those fish were sick, wouldn't it?" This would be far more than a simple sickness, they would have the corruption deep into their bodies. He wondered, then...what choice would the selfless hero make?

She vaguely recalled Lake Hylia, but she was certain she had heard Chi mention something about fish people during one of her blathering sessions upon their first meeting. She caught on much quicker to his plan with that bit of knowledge, and she grinned with the gears started to turn. "I see...corrupting the fish, making them sick...he will come and have no cure, other than to put them down. Seeing as how much goodness is in that boy, bringing death to those undeserving of it but having little to no choice would surely bring him anguish."

"That is the plan," Ganondorf grinned. "But don't discredit the boy so soon, he can be remarkably creative...but it will be a needed distraction regardless, he will do everything in his power to save them, watch him carefully, if there is one thing that I have learned, it's that some aspect of him has never changed...he is not a hero out of choice, but because he breathes it. It is his very nature, and I'm sure you will know exactly how to manipulate that once you see it, my dear. Do I get a kiss for good luck?" he smirked easily. "I could be caught, you know, whatever would I do then, without the support you give me?"

"I've already been disappointed enough today with Pit, don't you dare get bested by the enemy, too." Medusa growled. She was still rather sour about it, what was worse was that she realized that boy meant much more than just an expendable tool to her. That made two people now, two people she had grown attached to but needed. "Someone as strong as you shouldn't need luck, when you have skill and experience." Perhaps he wasn't being literal, but even if he wasn't, she didn't have time to play his games.

"Oh really?" Ganondorf smirked in amusement. "Your little boy got hurt, did he? By whom, if I may ask?" It wasn't Link, he knew that much. Link was too much of a good hero to break rules that were established, no matter how much he wanted to.

"That Sheika woman. I believe Chi called her Impa." Medusa answered passively. "Unfortunately she saw the stupid girl while she was hovering above the library, it could become a problem later on. She is too aware for her own good, but I suppose I should expect that from someone who is so close to the Queen. She would have to be very well trained at sniffing out rats than most."

"She is the Sage of Shadow, my dear," Ganondorf supplied with an easy grin. "There is far more to her than she seems, she is a capable opponent, I am admittedly grateful that Link is the only true threat to my power, as Impa's descendants have forever been a thorn in my plans. You should be proud that your little boy managed to hold his own, for even a little bit. The Sheikah perhaps know more about Hyrule and it's history more than I do, their leader has always been named 'Impa', though I don't know why."

"It will take me some time to get used to all the history this land seems to have. In my experience, most mortals destroy their own history and repeat it again, never being truly aware of it. Here, it seems to be different." Reincarnation was strong here, perhaps it had to do with the Goddess Hylia.

"You are correct," Ganondorf murmured. "Hyrule is remarkably stubborn in keeping it's histories, this age, in particular seems very aware of the past. It is a strange occurrence to see, it is often spotty before. Perhaps it is because I was removed before I could myself, time is often a hard thing to track when you are in nothing but darkness."

"Being sealed away like that can block the senses, I suppose...anyways, I will keep an eye on the hero. Go retrieve that precious sword of yours." Medusa said passively with a wave of her hand, almost shooing him away. "I have more things to scheme, and more seeds to plant." She had her first batch of followers, and she would soon make them into devout fanatics.

"You wound me so deeply," Ganondorf smirked, following after her to steal a kiss from her cheek. "I expect my beautiful Goddess to welcome me properly when I return?" he purred. My my, she was just ever so impassive. He almost felt hurt, almost...but not quite.

"Depends on if I'm in a better mood." Medusa told him with a smirk. "Please me, and then we'll talk about proper welcomes." She expected to be impressed with Ghirahim, and if she was....maybe she'd be less upset with him. She was sort of forgetting why she was upset with him in the first place, but she still wanted to be upset.

"Oh ho, a challenge," Ganondorf smirked widely. "One that I will gladly meet," he said, turning to leave. "I await your welcoming embrace when I return, my lady." If this worked as well as he hoped, they would have much more to do, and plenty of ways to do it. It was just one step, but since he lacked the Triforce of Power, for now...he needed another way to gain some of his considerable power back.

Medusa only rolled her eyes before disappearing out of the heat and into the comfort of her dark room. The first order of business was conjuring up her new way of watching others. Perhaps she could see everything as she once could, but keeping watch on certain areas within her reach was certainly an option now. Thank to Chi, she had gotten an idea on how expansive Hyrule was, and she knew the general directions to look now.

With a wave of her hand, she created a large, extravagent looking mirror that was easily six foot long, and three feet across. Then she placed a scrying spell upon it, which turned the mirror completely black. Now, it was time to keep an eye on lake Hylia...although Death Mountain was possible to spy on too.

...She'd have faith that Ganondorf would successfully pull off his heist. That boy must have tainted her with all his incessant worry over Chi.

His own blinding confidence aside in his people, Ganondorf had chosen it to be done quietly for a number of reasons: For all of their posturing and absurd looks, Gorons were enormously strong as a people, and he was not looking forward to an extended conflict with the Goron on their own territory, they could practically hear every noise of the mountain if they focused hard enough. This was supposed to be quiet for practicality, and for curiosity.

Never in any times that he had returned to Hyrule, had Ganondorf ever once sensed his ancient blade within arms reach. It was a long, distant memory that triggered feelings and thoughts that he wasn't sure were his, or what he used to be. Without his triforce piece, the Gorons would be a very dangerous threat even to him in numbers...of course, that could be said for anyone. This was not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination, the Goron city was built directly into the mountain, they would be traversing over rooftops and walking in front of houses, there was no other real choice in the matter. All they had to go on was his on feeling of what he was looking for. It was not an easy task to do so, but Ganondorf would give Sybil and her warriors credit, they stalked like huntresses across the shadows, and he felt like he had become a child again following after his sisters.

They went deeper, and deeper into Death Mountain, following the flow of lava, noting that the Gorons had made some manner of irrigation system with the natural stone. The houses gave way to nothing but barren rock and sweltering heat, but he could feel it, following the lava that dipped down into an opening, his sword was there, crackling powerfully with dark energy as old as the mountain itself. Ingenious indeed, they were trying to drown his blade in lava, but the crackling energy around it kept it at bay. It was a slow, arduous process.

"Magnificent..." Ganondorf purred hungrily. It was like seeing an old friend again, no doubt it was taking all of his focus to stay alive.

Sybil could see why their King had gone through so much trouble to simply obtain a blade. It was indeed no ordinary weapon, she could see it with her own eyes. The darkness crackling around it, protecting it from the molten lava that threatened to melt it's steel down into nothingness. The aura was also thick in the air, and she had picked up on it well before they had discovered it. So did the other two girls, specifically the new one who had gone out on a few missions before but never truly had the tenure that she needed to be considered a full fledged warrior. It couldn't be helped, most of her sisters were pregnant and this one was one of the few that hadn't been bedded by Ganondorf, though certainly she doubted it was by choice.

"What will you have us do, my lord?" Sybil mumbled quietly as she narrowed her eyes at the sword. "Lux," She began as she pointed her finger at the short haired newbie behind her. "She is trained well in the arts, and could possibly help you retrieve the blade from it's prison."

Lux, who hadn't said a single word since being in Lord Ganondorf's presence, stepped up hesitantly. Compared to her sisters, she was small and lacked the muscle definition that was to be expected of his people. However, she had been very quick on her feet and showed no signs of inferiority. She looked him straight in the eyes, and while her apparent youth was obvious, there was a wiseness that exceeded her years that could be seen clearly in the vastness of her molten colored irises.

"Hmph, very well," Ganondorf said, his grin as wide as his face. "Lux, you will come with me, Sybil...once I begin, the Gorons will be made aware, if you value your life at all, you will stall them," he purred, offering his hand to Lux. "You, girl...will be an important part of drawing out my old friend, keep me grounded, hm? I need a pretty face to come back to." Truthfully, he didn't know what would happen once he began to reclaim his ancient blade, but he had an idea.

There was an evil in that blade that was far more than just a shadow of it's former self, it was a memory...a recollection, and if he lost focus for one moment, they would be swallowed by the volcano.

"Of course, they won't get near you." Sybil stated confidently before gesturing to her other sister, a more seasoned warrior who was excellent with her expertise in spears. "Come." It was a simple order, and they were gone before Lux could even turn around. This was the first time she had ever been trusted on her own, and she expected to be much more nervous than she actually felt. She did not like how unclear her head felt when Lord Ganondorf spoke to her, acknowledged her.

Still, she reached out her hand to join his. Her palms were sweaty already, the skin to skin contact was electrifying. As she was very attuned to magic, she felt what he was, and it was much different feeling it, than simply knowing it.

Luckily for her she was able to keep her focus despite being in the presence of her King. Focus was important, she knew that more than most as a user of the Dark Arts. "How would you have me help keep you grounded, my Lord?" Lux asked, her voice quiet, yet it was simply the natural volume of her voice. She was soft spoken, but there was no uncertainty in her words.

"Simple enough, my dear," Ganondorf said, as they both levitated off the ground without so much as a twitch of concentration from him as they headed down to where his sword rest. Despite the drop being perhaps only ten feet, the magic surrounding the blade was thick like ice. The conflicting energies crackled ominously, he was expecting it...if the sword broke concentration even once, no matter who decided to intrude, it would be burned up in all of the heat. "Assuming, of course...you can handle it," he smirked. "You are familiar with using a conduit to control and harness your power, yes? You will be my rope to the real world."

A lofty gamble, truly. Medusa could handle such a sudden and powerful process of information without much trouble, he assumed. "You must listen to me very carefully, girl...you will see everything I see, everything that I feel, and you must not look at any of it, or you will be taken before you even blink, distance yourself from it all and focus only on maintaining our connection, understood?" Even Ganondorf's considerable magic power was slowly making way into the crackling, powerful barrier, the atmosphere inside the protective dome was thick and heavy with power and dread. The sword up close was a massive blade, a twisted mockery of the Master Sword. The sharpness of the waved edges contrasted powerfully with the almost pitch black body of the blade, with an upside down triforce above the hilt.

It sounded simple, yet she was not foolish enough to believe that it actually was. Especially when she was so close to that ominous, wicked looking sword. That power was odd too, and if she became to curious she would not be able to maintain their connection. She was glad that had practiced meditation daily, because it would help her block out everything that wasn't his connection. "I have never done this before, but I know myself well enough to know that I will not fail you." Lux replied as her own magic flowed out of her body, as if it was seeping out from every pore in her skin until it enveloped her entire frame. It was well controlled, stable, and constant.

The next part would be much harder, as she would have to match the wave length of his own energy to make the connection, and then keep that connection stable. There was no room for doubts, confidence was the only thing that would be able to match up with Ganondorf's power.

Back
Top Bottom