Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Demon Lord Rises (Broomhandle and Princess)

Medusa wasn't expecting that. At all. She stood there awkwardly in his embrace, before sighing heavily and taking him by the shoulders. "Don't you ever do that again, Pit. That girl is not worth it. She's not worth you. I don't care how stupid or stubborn you think I'm being." She pushed him away gently. "The only thing I'm going to do to her is give her a weapon so she can help next time. So don't worry about that. Just leave and get some rest, you're obviously injured."

"I'm allowed to make the choice if something is worth it or not," Pit reminded dryly, looking at her up and down before he spread his wings to float up into the air. "...Be careful, alright?" he mumbled. Whatever good that'd do, but if they were willing to be aggressive over something as dumb as a book, who knew what would cause them to attack Medusa.

Medusa said nothing as she watched him leave. She felt strong enough and more confident now to be on her own, so she wasn't particularly worried about being alone here. He was injured anyway, and wouldn't be of much use. She would have to depart quickly just as soon as she confirmed what she had to. She could already feel it, the presence growing closer. It was definitely focused on one of those two, or perhaps even both. If she could get close enough to it, perhaps she'd be able to figure out what it was, and what it wanted.

Link remembered seeing Medusa with Ganondorf the first time they met, and his gut feeling hadn't changed from that first impression. She could act as regal and polite as she wanted, but Link knew that there was a horrible monster underneath that flawed beauty as Impa returned with Link in due time.

"Forgive the Queen's absence," Link stated smoothly. "She has some matters to attend to," It had taken him a year or two to adjust to the...social graces of nobility, he still preferred dealing with it as little as possible, but sometimes, he would. More to the point, he was curious why Medusa would want to see him, of all people. What could he possibly help her with? "What is it you are wanting to ask, Lady Medusa?"

So it was him. He was the one being watched, and closely at that. It was rather uncomfortable, but she could feel it better. Worry, apprehension, protectiveness, this presence was fond of the Hero. "Oh, you'll do just fine." Medusa purred as she walked closer to him. "I do have a question, but I'd rather speak privately. Alone. With you."

Link's eyes narrowed a fraction, his gaze sharp like any sword. Impa glanced at him, and he nodded faintly as Impa tilted her head and excused herself, properly excused herself. If Link trusted this woman alone, then she would trust the younger man's judgement. Still, she didn't like it...and she would tell Zelda as much.

"Is there a reason why?" he asked faintly. "Does this have something to do with Ganondorf?"

"Not at all," Medusa said innocently. "I came here on my own, just to see what all the fuss was about over this treaty. I can understand why her magesty sacrificed her chastity to Ganondorf to preserve this place, and all the little mortals who live in it. It must hurt for both of you though, doesn't it?"

"What Zelda does for the good of her kingdom is her choice to make," Link said passively. "If she made all of her choices based on the feelings of me, or her, then she would not be such a popular leader, my opinion of her actions doesn't change what she did."

So, that was her game, then? Stab at his emotions and hope to get a reaction? Maybe when he was younger, that would be easy, but he refused to let any ally of Ganondorf get under his skin.

Excellent deflecting, but her words were not meant for him. So it was listening, not just watching. She felt it, the anger, and the subtle point where it was coming from. It wasn't above, it was within him. No, specifically it was within his hand. That was where his piece of the Triforce was...that's where Ganondorf's was. "Of course," She agreed as she began to circle around him. "If she was in your position, I'm sure she would be just as forgiving. You are quite handsome after all, I'm sure you've had a few opportunities to stray from the Queen..."

The presence grew stronger, and Medusa could see it now. It was an invisible mist that snaked itself around him, as if trying to protect him. He wouldn't notice, of course..this was something otherworldly, in a different plane. Not that she couldn't reach it, of course.

Link's brow furrowed watching her curiously. "...What are you getting at, Lady Medusa?" he murmured. "The feelings that I have for Zelda are unrealistic, I know that. But I cannot help how I feel, or what happens during those times. I have accepted that long ago, and I am fine with that."

He felt like there was an angle here, but he honestly didn't know what.

"Is that so? So even if there was another out there who loved you, and could do everything Zelda couldn't do for you, you wouldn't even give her a second glance, would you?" Medusa asked as she finally stopped in front of him, her eyes trailing down to his right hand. "I have heard so much about your past lives. How many centuries have you suffered for that woman? Only to have her betray you like this? You may not remember, but your soul has to."

Link frowned curiously at that, hand resting against the pommel of his Master Sword. He'd perhaps be insulted if he understood what she was trying to do, was it to rile him? No, they were specific questions...but for what?

"I can't say for a life I haven't lived," Link admitted. "The memories are...non-specific, and I do not recall more than what I have learned, all I know is the Zelda here, now, means something very important to me, and I can't ignore that."

"I see, very admirable of you." Medusa replied with a thoughtful expression. Perhaps he was not phased by her words, but something was. It was very faint, but she heard muttering. Words she couldn't quite make out, but the voice sounded quite feminine. Someone remembered his pain, even if he didn't. "Ah, I nearly forgot what I brought you here for. Do you believe in Goddesses, boy?"

"...It is hard for me not to, Lady Medusa," Link said, brow arched. "I am, after all...the chosen of the Goddess Hylia, in some form or another," he said faintly. "If you are asking if I know who you are, then I am afraid I don't, I know only the Goddesses I was taught growing up."

Medusa chuckled darkly at that before turning her back on him. "Oh, I wasn't expecting you to know about me. I only ask because I'm curious if you think she is still here with you today, watching over you, Zelda and the pieces of the Triforce. Have you ever felt her before? Has she ever spoken to you?"

Still, Link wondered what these questions were about. He frowned a moment, glancing up at the sky before squeezing the grip of the Master sword for comfort. In some ways, he was still a boy, wishing he was a farmhand or anyone else. But in others, feeling a sword in his hand, being the defender of Hyrule, being a hero, it meant something real. Something that he couldn't just say was some lie by something that wasn't there. He had learned so much when he became who he was today.

"I believe that what they teach us is too important to decide if they are truly real anymore," Link stated. "A lesson does not need it's teacher around to still be relevant, if they are gone, then they are. That doesn't change my faith in them, or what they did for us."

It was almost sickening how...good this boy was. He reminded her of Pit in a lot of ways, and it was starting to get under her skin. Though she kept the smile on her face, nonetheless. She was positive that whatever this protective presence was, she could reach it through the reinforce. Maybe not his piece, but another...

"Your faith is strong, boy. I doubt you have nothing to worry about if the Queen is as faithful to your Goddess. Forget I called you here, you and your precious Kingdom will be just fine..." She smirked before turning her back, readying herself to take her leave. There was much work to do, and so much time to do it, under this silly little treaty.

"...Have a safe trip home, Lady Medusa," Link said politely nonetheless, face slowly settling into a frown. He had a bad feeling in his gut, but...none of her questions were very...prying. So he wondered what she was actually asking about. He flexed his hand subconsciously, but decided to count his blessings. If that was all she wanted, he wouldn't argue the point...but maybe he should tell Zelda about this anyway.

The trip home was...quiet. Chi wanted to speak, but something about what Pit had done for her made her feel bad. Instead of annoying him, she was actually trying to think of something to say. Part of her wanted to tell him he was an idiot, but what good would that do? She also wanted to tell him that she didn't need his help, but that wasn't a hundred percent true. She probably would have still been in that library if it hadn't been for him, and Medusa said the information was time sensitive...

By the time they had gotten back to the fortress, she still hadn't really thought of what to say. A simple thank you wasn't enough, and to be honest she wanted to know what made him come looking for her in the first place. Her eyes gave him the once over, and she saw he looked pretty tired. Probably still recovering from his fight. "You...going to be okay?" She said finally, after all that time. She was sure he didn't mind the silence on the way home, but she still felt bad about not saying a word to him all that time.

Pit barely had the energy to fly, let alone the willpower to say anything when they finally arrived at his tower. He was looking at his pillows like they were his last great salvation in a dying world, and he was more than happy to face-plant right in them with a long, drawn out groan of relief.

"Probably," Pit mumbled around his comfort, wings spread out contently. He was so, so tired...everything hurt, his arms felt like they were numb., his legs weren't really responding. He was just so...goddamn tired. He wasn't getting up from anything, for anything, for nothing. He was staying right here and enjoying every single moment of it.

Chi didn't join him. She still had to talk to Ganondorf and she was somewhat dreading it. She didn't mind watching him, but he was such a scary guy. She felt how strong he was, and it was just downright unsettling. Still, she didn't feel right about leaving without saying anything.

"That's good, I was worried. You really got your ass handed to you back there."

Pit's wings twitched in irritation, and quite rapidly at that. Why that no good, ungrateful...

"...I was maintaining a defensive posture," Pit grumbled. "Don't you have something to do, Chi? Like not be around me? I want to sleep."

Maybe...she should have worded that better. She sighed a bit and then walked over to his pillows, crossing her arms. "What I meant to say was...thank you. But seriously, you didn't have to do that. I mean, if you hadn't, Medusa would've probably gotten angry at me for taking so long. But still...you know, I can take care of myself, I guess." She sniffed as she looked down at him. That didn't come out right at all, it was like a mix of everything she wanted to say and it sounded even more ungrateful.

Pit rolled on his back a moment to stare at her, almost incredulously. Was this girl out of her mind, or was the exhaustion kicking in? He couldn't tell, or was she just being irritating for some stupid reason?

"...Whatever," Pit said, closing his eyes in irritation. "You're welcome."

She could tell he wanted to go to sleep, but she was just dying to know. Why did he help her? He didn't really seem to like her, barely knew her, and something told her he wasn't stupid. He knew that attacking Impa would be dangerous. "So are you going to tell me why you helped me? Or am I going to have to wake you up and ask you later?"

Back
Top Bottom