The Demon Lord Rises (Broomhandle and Princess)

It was frustrating...dealing with her feelings. She didn't remember having so many of them before when she was a Goddess. She remembered having two feelings...pleasure...and hatred. Now it was a mix of those and everything in between. Hatred was still the strongest but...what she was feeling now, at this immediate moment. She was angry at Ganondorf, but she didn't hate him. She couldn't understand it, and she would never admit to herself that she was actually jealous of that irritation that called herself a Queen.

She was deep in thought, but not so deep that she didn't sense Pit approaching. What did that boy want? She didn't remember asking him to come see her. She wasn't in the mood to deal with him, not when she was trying to come to terms with her immense frustration and agitation towards Ganondorf. What could he possibly have to say to her right now?

By the time Pit had made his way to her balcony, he wondered faintly if he had made a bad choice. He could sense her irritation from the air, and it got even closer when he landed. Part of him felt concerned, that part was smothered by irritation of his own. Why did he even care what she felt, if anything? She was the damn reason he was some kind of slave in the first place! But he couldn't help how he felt any more than she could seemingly fume silently.

So he crossed his arms, looking every bit like he was upset at her, regardless of his question. "...You okay?" he mumbled.

That was the last thing she expected to come from his mouth. He wasn't toying with her, either...or mocking her. Not from what she could tell anyway. Still, how could she even respond to that? Nobody had ever asked that before. So she chose not to answer it. "What did you come here for, Pit? If it's about that girl, I don't care what you do with her."

"Are you deaf?" Pit scoffed in irritation. "It's obvious you're angry about something, so what? What's bothering you so much?" This was a bad idea, but here he was, still trying to make it work. He was an idiot, who wouldn't want to get rid of him?

The snakes in Medusa's hair started getting awfully rowdy when she heard him say that, but her face remained the same. Why did he insist on being so disrespectful to her? Was it his way of getting revenge on her? Was he getting some kind of pleasure out of watching her be upset? "If you must know, everything is bothering me. I am in the middle of nowhere in a dessert filled with useless woman and a man who pretends to take me seriously but in reality does not. I'm forced to hide away in this room and forced to deal with his insolence because I need his help. And it's the same thing with you," She spat before looking away from him. "I wouldn't take any of this if I had the choice not to. If it were up to me things would not be going this way, but it's not up to me. Nothing is, or ever has been for centuries. That is what is bothering me, Pit." The only time she had control of anything was when she thought that she was acting on her own..but in reality Hades had been using her. It still burned at her and once she became a Goddess and got her revenge on Palutena, he would be next.

"Oh," Pit said, as awkward and stiff as it sounded. Truthfully, he hadn't expected such an...honest response, which was clear enough on his face, however stubborn it looked, his expression softened a fraction. "...So what do you want me to do to help you?" he asked after a moment. "That's what I'm here for, isn't it? I could have told you working with that pig was a bad idea, all he does is sleep with women and look smug."

Medusa looked up at him again, this time the curiosity was apparent in her eyes. She couldn't help but remain skeptical, but...she wouldn't pass up the opportunity to tell him what to do. "I need you to do everything he won't do for me, Pit. Unfortunately, bad idea or not, Ganondorf is the only person in this pathetic realm that could ever help me get what I need. But more than that, he has a piece of the Trifoce, a powerful artifact that can fulfill the desire of anyone who gathers all three pieces of it. That will be my salvation, that will be my key to bringing the Goddess of Light to her knees and taking my rightful place back." For a moment, her eyes flashed yellow, the air around her chilling as she was momentarily caught up in her hate once more. It was a familiar feeling that she took comfort it, truly. Thinking about Palutena...and the day of her revenge was the only reason why she kept going.

"...And what can I do that he won't?" Pit mumbled. "He's a freak of nature, what is it that he doesn't want to do other than not sleep with every woman he sees?" She could word it however she wanted, but he knew a lie when he saw it. Maybe she didn't even know what it meant, but he had a hard time believing that she was that miserable with the big idiot.

"You can give me Zelda." Medusa said, her voice just barely above a whisper. "Not that I figured out a way to do that without invoking the wrath of the Hylian army. It will only be a matter of time, however. She has a piece of the Triforce, so she cannot be left alone." Ganondorf would not break the treaty directly, he was a man of his word. Words meant nothing to her, which was why she never made pacts or treaties. Medusa liked to do what she wanted to do.

Pit frowned at that, wings twitching faintly as he tilted his head in thought. "If that's what you want," he mumbled. Sounded bad, to be honest. Wasn't that the whole point of the talk? To make sure this kind of thing didn't happen? Then again, Ganondorf seemed to be very well known in Hyrule. Ugh, whatever. "But...wasn't this whole mess supposed to stop us from doing this crap in the first place?"

"Of course, you silly boy." Medusa said easily. "Yes, we are to not cause harm to them. However, there are ways to manipulate, and to squirm around this silly treaty. You can obtain something without violence, if you have the pieces in place. Luckily I have already sewn the necessary seeds I needed in our previous attack. Now I just have to put it all together."

"And what exactly is that?" Pit said dryly. "And how does that include me?" He should have known she had some kind of scheme somewhere, especially since Ganondorf seemed only useful if sex was involved or a fight. How he had become such a problem for Hyrule was a question that Pit was trying to wrack his brain with over and over again, all he did was look smug and act like he knew everything, he was just some idiot to him.

"The treaty states there will be no acts of hostility between the two parties involved, but simply being somewhere is not an act of hostility, is it?" Medusa asked idly as she tapped her finger on her chin. "Humans are such simple creatures. The ones I turned to stone, they are all linked to me now, and I can see their dreams, their insecurities, their fears. I don't look like much of a Goddess in my current state, but it seems like the Hylians will believe in angels when they see one. Won't you join me in making...friends?" She grinned. She couldn't hurt the Queen with her own two hands, but careful manipulation could grant her a force on the inside that would do it for her.

"...Friends?" Pit blinked strangely at her, head tilted. "Wait a minute, you're just going to waltz in there and start shaking hands? Isn't that dangerous? Those idiots will try something, you know," he muttered. There it was again, that feeling at the back of his neck and the burning in his gut, she wasn't actually serious, was she? She'd be surrounded! He bet that crazy white haired woman with the freakish eyes would be all over it!

"The treaty works both ways, they can't harm me." Medusa purred before she stood up. "If they try, they break the treaty. Their precious Queen was impregnated for nothing, I doubt they'd try anything. If they do however, I need you to protect me." She continued as she placed her hands on his shoulders. "Nothing will happen to me if you're around. I know that better than you do." Different personality or not, he was just as strong as the real one. She did not particularly trust him until now, until he showed some kind of interest in how she felt. That was enough to know that he did care for her in some small capacity, especially when he was getting so riled up at the thought of her being alone with so many of her enemies around. As if she would let anyone strike her down...but it wouldn't be a bad thing either way if they tried to attack her. She didn't like the treaty, regardless of how much sense it made.

He glanced up at her a moment, his expression skeptical before he glanced off to the side a little. She...really thought that he was good enough now? Why? What did he do all of a sudden that made her care?

"...If you want to do this stupid plan, I guess we better get going," Pit muttered. "But don't blame me if those dumb-asses start something stupid over you saying hi." Then she'd start complaining to him about it, and then all of this fake affection would be gone.

"I suppose if we started walking now, we could arrive by sunrise tomorrow." Medusa mused. She wasn't one for traveling on horses, but more than that..she needed time away from this hovel. The sun was setting, it was the perfect time to travel. "Get your things. We're leaving." She was debating on whether or not to tell Ganondorf where she was going, but decided against it. She wouldn't be gone long enough to raise questions, she had spent days locked in her room before.

"Fine," Pit mumbled, wings spread out a moment. "Then I guess I'll...meet you outside the castle, or something." She seriously wanted to walk? Why couldn't they just fly? Ugh, whatever. Fine. Whatever. It was her life, she was just the little toy to play with until she got bored.

Her fingers tightened around his shoulders a bit. She sensed it, his doubt and distrust of her. Just like the first day they had met. It was irritating, she'd have to do something about it. Still, it wasn't exactly her strong suit, attempting to earn someones trust. All she knew was manipulating, but it was hard to do on this one. Probably because he thought like her, he knew on some sub conscious level when she was trying to play him. Dealing with his doubts would be frustrating, tiring...but somehow less complicated than dealing with her own emotions right now.

"Don't take too long." She said before releasing him finally and turning her back on him. Why did everything have to be so complicated? Was it so hard to replicate the absolute faith and devotion the real Pit had to Palutena?

Pit didn't really give Chi much of an answer when he returned, just that he would be heading out for something with Medusa and that was that. Faintly, he wondered if he should have been worried about being so vague, because for a split second, he felt the hair on the back of his neck rise as he turned back toward his tower. Probably nothing.

...Probably, nonetheless, he headed to where Medusa was located near the castle gates, where remarkably, the women watching the walls were not pregnant, nor did they seem to be the glassy eyed idiots that Ganondorf seemed to eager to bed.

"Safe travels, my lady," The guard said respectfully with a tilt of her head as they opened the gates to the harsh desert. Thankfully, the village was not so far out into the desert that a walk would be terrible, at least...not for a goddess and her...bodyguard?

"Don't let the place fall down while I'm away." Medusa casually stated before departing from the safety of the castle. She was done hiding herself in there...hiding from the ever watchful eye of the wench who sat on her throne. In truth, she would not have left if it hadn't been for Pit accompanying her. She was not worried about the vermin in Hyrule, hiding behind their foolish Queen's treaty with Ganondorf. She was worried about Palutena and her constant meddling.

The entire first few hours of their trip consisted of her paranoia, her fear of being slighted at a moments notice. To Pit, it would look like she was in deep thought, when in reality she was only bracing herself for an immediate ambush. When it never came, she decided to relax. Just a little. She looked down at Pit, and remembered she had a job to do with him.

"I have a hard time believing that you'd ever come to my room, just to see if I was okay." It wasn't a pleasant conversation starter, nor was it a good statement to someone who's trust she was trying to earn. However, she could think of nothing else to say.

Really, Pit was wondering why he was being brought along in the first place when he was basically going to act like he was supposed to know what he was looking for, he didn't really sense anything, which meant that this trip would be dull and interesting. He almost thought he was imagining things when she finally spoke up.

"Well, I did," Pit mumbled, glancing back at her. He kind of disliked how she was taller. "So what about it? I'm not allowed to be worried about you now?"

"The question is why you were worried. It's perfectly clear that you hate me." Medusa said bitterly as her gaze drifted from his. "Are you not happy to see me so unhappy and miserable, like yourself?"

"I never said that," Pit muttered in irritation. "I just want freedom, not being your little pet. I was worried because if you're not happy, that means that horny idiot is going to have an advantage, and I'd rather cut my wings off than let him order me around." At least...he didn't know, it wasn't like Medusa ordering him around was much better, but it felt not as bad.

"Just as I thought..your reasons were selfish." She didn't expect anything more than that. Why would anyone care about her feelings out of their own self interest? "So then, you would have no trouble abandoning me out here if you knew it meant your freedom, would you?"

Back
Top Bottom