The Demon Lord Rises (Broomhandle and Princess)

"Whatever," Pit snorted, eyes closing as he leaned back to relax again. "What do you care about that sort of stuff anyway? Aren't you supposed to be doing your actual job instead of being some peeping tom?"

"My job is spying, stupid. Or as you so ungracefully call it, peeping." Chi retorted as she laid her head back against the pillows and tilted her head back so she could release her nose. "Besides, I don't care. I just think Medusa is pretty, don't you?"

"...I guess," Pit said, opening his eyes a fraction. She was attractive, he supposed. Her skin looked really nice, her eyes were very striking. Thinking about her had some weird feeling in the pit of his stomach that he couldn't quite describe. Beautiful was...not the word, really. He didn't know the word, but there was one out there that made him feel something about her that made him not be so upset, or angry.

"I was beginning to wonder if you liked other boys, but I suppose you do have some sense of attraction to females." Chi said with a grin. It was a backhanded insult, honestly, considering he had told her she looked nice once. "..You know, she used to be even more beautiful. So I've heard," Chi began as she recalled the legends. Chi knew all about Medusa from history books, being that she was once a Goddess of Skyworld who ruled alongside Palutena. "Back before she was cursed."

"Sounds interesting, how do you know that?" Pit said, in a tone that sounded the complete opposite of what his words meant. She seemed to know more than she acted, which was surprising. "She was something else before that?"

"A Goddess, she must have told you. She didn't give herself that title, she truly was at one point. She ruled the heavens and sat on a throne beside the Goddess of Light, Palutena. They obviously didn't get along, Medusa had different interests and of course Palutena didn't like that much. So she revoked her title, took away her powers, and cursed her into looking like what she is today. Or...worse." Chi trailed off before shrugging. "Geeze, don't you even talk to her? Some pet you are."

Pit shrugged noncommittally, face furrowing into thought. If she knew what it was like to have freedom taken away, why would she take away his? Did she just not care? Did she forget? Ugh, he didn't need to think about it. It didn't change anything, he was just some little toy for her to use until she got bored, and that'd be it. "Doesn't concern me anyway," he mumbled. "Not like I can do anything about what happened."

"If it doesn't concern you, you're a fool." Chi said passively as her hands slipped behind her head. "You're going to be stuck with her for a while, the least you can do is try to understand her. That's what I plan to do, anyway. I know what kind of person she is, and I know when I'm done being useful she might not treat me very well." Still, it was better than the alternative...

"I was made by her, I know that already," he snorted. "The hell am I going to do? When she wants to be done with me, I'll just be dead. So why bother?" Fatalist, perhaps, but ultimately true. There was nothing he could do when she decided to grow tired of him, he would simply be gone, and that thought angered him more than anything. He couldn't even die on his own stupid terms, just hers.

Chi glanced over to him and was silent for a moment. She wondered if that was true. Or was he just being dramatic? It was kind of hard to tell. "Why would she kill after she's done with you? Seems like more trouble than it's worth, to be honest. You don't melt swords down when a war is over, you keep them for later use. I mean, you can't really be done with something until it's no longer useful. If you're supposed to be Pit, you'll never lose your usefulness."

"I'm a crappy imitation," Pit muttered. "Even if I am the better one, I'm not what she wanted, I can tell when she looks at me. I'm just some mistake, you don't keep a ruined sword around, you melt it down into something better. That's what she'll do with me," he shrugged. "So why should I care about why she's doing any of this, when all it takes is one mistake and I won't even exist?"

"I know why she looks at you like that," Chi said as she flipped over again, this time sitting up to rest on her knees before she looked down at him. "This is why information is relevant, because you'd know the answer to this by now if you knew anything about the person you were supposed to be." She grinned. "Would you like to know? Why she looks at you like that."

Pit rolled his eyes a moment, sitting up to glance her her. "Fine, I'll bite...although something tells me you'd tell me anyway," he said dryly, wings stretched out a moment, brushing faintly against hers. It felt nice, in a weird way, but he didn't let it show. "Why does she look at me that way?"

Chi glanced at his wing for a moment, her features softening at the touch. When was the last time she had ever been close to someone like this? Not that it mattered, this guy was in his own world. He had problems...ones that she wanted to sympathize with but didn't know how other than to be a smart ass. "Well, you're a jerk. To everyone, including her. Pit was a jerk...to people he felt like deserved it. However, to Palutena...he was really obedient. Almost mindlessly so, but not quite. It was out of his own will, and Palutena didn't have to do anything to manipulate him. He just...wanted to be her loyal servant. He did a good job. I think Medusa...wanted you to be like that as well. It was probably the only reason why she gave you free will in the first place."

Pit sighed at that, scratching his head in irritation. Yeah, that's what he figured...because that's what he felt, in some small, nagging way. But it felt odd, really. Not in a...loyalty way, something different. He didn't know what it was.

"Yeah, I get it," Pit grumbled. "So what am I supposed to do about it? Act like I'm her loyal little puppy dog, just because?"

"Do you care enough to?" Chi asked with a shrug. "She probably wouldn't appreciate acting, but she'd appreciate effort. I think you'll be fine if you start giving her some. Who knows, maybe with some hard work, she'll like you as much as she likes me right now." She gave him a wink. He did care, somewhere in there. She saw it in his eyes, or maybe his expression. It was very possible that he was so miserable because Medusa did not seem to appreciate his existence. She could only imagine how much that would bother the real one if his precious Goddess didn't kiss his ass so much.

He sighed after a moment, long and drawn out as he scratched his neck. He really didn't even want to look at her right now, but maybe she had a point. "Fine," he mumbled. "I guess I could...ask her if she had anything for me to do, or...something." Hopefully she wasn't being gross with Ganondorf again. What was the harm, really? Maybe Chi was right, maybe if she saw how capable he was, she'd stop looking at him like some giant mistake.

"That's a start. You'll figure out your own way to be a good boy, Pit. It will work out for you, even if everything seems really crappy now." It always did work out for people like him. He was created with a purpose, it was as permanent as he wanted it to be. She couldn't say the same thing for herself.

Pit grumbled, then glanced at her and flicked her nose as he stood up. "Make yourself at home, Chi," he said idly. "...Hungry?" Guess he was stuck with her, all things considered, it wasn't the worst thing in the world.

Chi didn't expect that, and she yelped in surprised. What did he do that for! "Gah, idiot! You'll make it bleed again!" Chi growled as she rubbed her nose gently to make sure it was okay. "...I guess I'm hungry or whatever. I can't go back to the castle until tomorrow." She could just go and steal food, but she wasn't going to test her luck just yet.

"...Whatever," Pit said, brow arched. "I'll get us something to eat, then. These Gerudo aren't bad cooks when the food around here is crap, hope you like bland flavors." Not like they had a lot of options, anyway.

"I've eaten worse, I'm sure. Traveling can get pretty rough when you have no idea where you're flying." She let herself fall back on the the pillows. "Before you come back though you really should talk to Medusa. She's in a bad mood, she needs someone to make her feel better."

"Why me?" Pit grumbled, wings ruffled unpleasantly. "She'll probably just yell at me, what would I do to make her feel better? What are you, my mother?" Bossy little brat, wasn't she? Ugh, why was he okay with this again?

"No, but she is. Don't let the way she looks at you make you a coward, wise guy." She waved him off, not even bothering to lift her head while she spoke to him. "Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. You're the only one other than that scary guy who's close to her, right? She's mad at him, now's your chance."

Pit stared at her a moment in irritation before turning briskly with a faint grumble. Since when did she know so much about Medusa? Still, was she right at all? Maybe she was, and the irritating part was, the only way to see was to actually see her. So, he shifted outside, spreading his wings to head to the castle.

If she was wrong, she was getting her wings plucked. He didn't want Medusa angry at him for asking a few stupid questions.

Back
Top Bottom