The Demon Lord Rises (Broomhandle and Princess)

"What do you care?" Pit muttered. "It's not like it's important." What, was she going to act like he mattered now?

"But it is important, dear. Why do you always assume the worst of me? I have an interest in your life." Medusa purred as she moved over to him and ran her fingers through his hair. The way she was leaning down, her robes were doing nothing to hide her cleavage, hanging low, away from her breasts. "You're very important to me, more than you think. So tell me what's bothering you."

Pit glanced away, or...more importantly, glanced at her face. "...Am I?" he muttered suspiciously, brow arched. His eyes had been stung enough wandering. He didn't know if he could handle Medusa finding out about it too. "Really?"

"Yes really," Medusa assured as her hand moved to caress his cheek. "I could never replace you, you came out so perfect. I know some day, you're going to make me very proud." She normally didn't care to be so sappy, but she needed him to trust her more, to like her. That was the entire reason she had made him, so she could have a blindless, loyal follower that would do anything for her. But it seemed like she had to be nicer to him for that to happen.

Pit narrowed his eyes at her, but part of him...he wanted to believe, he wanted to believe so bad that it burned in his chest, but he couldn't. Not yet, but...maybe.

"...I want to be free," Pit muttered. "Free to fly wherever I want. Maybe then I'll believe you."

Medusa didn't exactly know where that came from, but it offended her. He hadn't existed for very long and he already wanted to be 'free'. Whatever that meant. "We already talked about this, Pit. When I take back what is mine, I will let you do whatever you'd like. But right now, I need you here, helping me. I think that's only fair."

"And why do I have to be stuck here without a choice?!" Pit growled in irritation. "If I want to help you, I should be able to do it without you making me, right? So why can't I fly wherever I want?!" Ugh, he knew it. He knew he was just...he was just some toy for her to use until she didn't need him anymore, he knew it. He knew he shouldn't have gotten his hopes up for absolutely nothing.

Her patience was running out with this boy, but she kept herself calm anyway. It seemed it would take some time for him to accept his purpose. "Many children don't have a choice to be free as soon as their born, Pit. You'll just have to be patient. The sooner you help me achieve my goals, the sooner you can do as you please. If I were you, I'd focus on that instead of your supposed lack of freedom. Fly where you want, just as long as you finish the tasks I assign you for the day." She straightened herself up, withdrawing her hand away. "I'm not your enemy, Pit. I will reward you for your efforts if you succeed in your missions. I can give you whatever else you wish, if you're a good boy." She smirked.

"And if I you don't?" Pit muttered. "Then what? Am I just stuck being your little dog on a leash until eternity is over because we're on the losing side?" She wasn't his enemy, but she didn't feel like a friend, either.

"No," Medusa answered as she turned her back on him. "If I fail, then I will be killed again. You'll be free if you survive that day." Medusa would become a Goddess again, or she'd die trying. She could not continue existing like this, weak and cursed. However, she was confident that with Ganondorf's help, she'd be able to obtain her goal. "I don't have anything else for you to do today, so you can do whatever you'd like." With that, she disappeared in the shadows of his tower. She needed a nice bath, after an exhausting evening.

Zelda would be lying if she said that she wasn't nervous about this meeting with Ganondorf. After all, she couldn't possibly understand his reasoning to negotiate a peace treaty with her. It was...convenient for them, perhaps, but also convenient for him as well. That meant they could not touch him as much as he couldn't invade their territory, but would he actually keep to his word? She stared at herself in the mirror, brushing her hair and preparing for their meeting. It disgusted her that he might have thought she was trying to look good for him when really all she was doing was making sure she was presentable for this formal meeting.

She was driving herself insane thinking of Ganondorf's motivation for this. Had he finally gotten tired of failing and being sealed away over and over again? Or was it something more sinister than that?

It was an amusing time making his way into Castle Town, to say the least. He enjoyed the people looking at him as if he was going to kill them all with a wave of his arm. Which he probably could have done, but things were different, now, weren't they? He decided to ride in on his large, black stallion, it's eyes like burning fire as it lazily trotted along the cobblestone path towards the castle. He could tell the shadows across the rooftops were not just shadows, my my...her little band was very protective of her, weren't they? And yet here he was, coming with absolutely nobody and they treated him this way.

How very rude.

"Your Majesty," Impa said, seeming to rest against the windowsill of her balcony. "...Ganondorf has arrived, and is awaiting you in the throne room." she muttered. She didn't like this, not one bit. Even if Link was here, watching him. She still didn't like it. What possible deal could he offer that would be worth it?

"I see," Zelda began as she placed her beautiful, golden crown on top of her head. She was ready for this, and she would not give him the satisfaction of thinking otherwise. If she did, he would try to manipulate her, trick her into something that she would regret later. "I suppose I should go meet him now, shouldn't I?" He was alone, apparently. Good, that was one part of the bargain he withheld. She didn't know who that Sorceress was, but she knew that she was a formidable one to negate her arrows with darkness. There wasn't very many wicked spells that could stop her holy arrows like they were nothing.

"Impa, I'm sure he wants to talk alone." Zelda told her, knowing she would follow as she left her room. "Let him, I will be able to handle myself if he pulls anything long enough for you and Link to help me out. I don't think he would be foolish enough to attack us while in our stronghold anyway." As much as she did not enjoy the thought of...being alone with him, she knew that Link and Impa being present would only make tensions worse. They might object his every request, and Zelda needed to make these negotiations on her own. She knew what was best for Hyrule, and she was no longer a Princess. She was a Queen. She would prove that to Ganondorf by willingly seeing him alone.

"...As you wish, your majesty," Impa murmured, tilting her head respectfully. "I will maintain a respectful distance from your affairs, and I will ensure that Link does the same." She didn't like this, she didn't like how easy it'd be for Ganondorf to do anything that he wanted, all it took was a moment and Impa would never forgive herself again for leaving Zelda's side. But she knew that she had to, otherwise this would be for nothing.

And with that, she was gone.
--

Ganondorf noted with some amusing surprise that that he was well and truly alone in the throne room. No wary shadows, no scowling boy in a green tunic, no little red eyed bitch watching his every move. My my...it was as if the little girl knew how to play Queen after all, he scratched his beard with an easy grin. Medusa may have doubted him, but he knew exactly what he was doing.

"Lord Ganondorf." Zelda greeted with some slight disdain in her tone. It was enough that he couldn't be insulted for her not acknowledging him before she sat on her throne, and that's all she would do. Just enough to make this a civil meeting. "I see you came alone as we discussed, and in return I have made this a private negotiation. With less distractions, I feel as though we'd be able to come to whatever compromise we need to prevent the mindless and unnecessary slaughter of innocents. After all, this is a war does not involve them. Just you and I, and the Hero, Link." Right to business, she didn't want to give him time to play his games.

"Mm, that is true to an extent, your majesty," Ganondorf said, looking around. "And I must say...you've done quite well for yourself since I was last around...but ah, you are not the same one, are you?" he purred, glancing at her. "Mm, no...very subtle differences, you see...you have a nice little fire in your eyes, it's been a while since I've seen one of your like, and so wonderfully beautiful, too...I see you have been given plenty of time to mature," he smirked.

How cute she was, on her throne. Acting like a big girl who knew how to boss people around.

Zelda rolled her eyes as he spoke, because she knew that he would try to make this more personal than she wanted him to. Talking to her like she was an old friend. It was true, she had never met him but she knew the stories. She knew what he had done to all of her ancestors, Link's ancestors, and all the citizens of Hyrule over and over again whenever he was free. Yet here he was, attempting to make small talk with her as if he had nothing better to do.

"Ganondorf," Zelda began, choosing to ignore his compliments once again. "Why are you here? Why did you cease your attack last night just to get a chance to gain audience with me? I find it extremely hard to believe that now, after all this, you want to make peace with me and give up your conquest to obtain the very throne I sit upon right now."

"Because, my dear, while you not may remember every loss, and every victory, I do." he remarked dryly, hands behind his back. "That is why I am here to propose to you a truce of my forces, and yours." he said easily. "Loathe as I am to admit it, you and that boy will be a thorn in my side, but I can soothe that irritation...and truly, do you wish a war on your people? To see them die in the thousands for your foolish pride? I have only one condition, and I know you'll enjoy it," he grinned, golden eyes smoldering with eagerness.

Zelda was quiet for a moment before she stood up from her throne slowly, cautiously, her eyes narrowed with suspicion. She didn't trust those eyes, she didn't trust how happy he seemed to be even after mentioning all of his losses against them. Of course she didn't want to see any of her people die. The causalities from last night were far, far too many and that was counting both her men and the civilians of Castletown. "What exactly do you want, Ganondorf?"

"I want a child, Zelda," he purred. "I want us to have a child together, to show everyone that our offer is peace is a true, binding contract...and our child would be the seal." His intentions were not entirely innocent, of course. It was a unique situation, one that he could bend and manipulate in his favor. "I want a child worthy of my name, and I can think of none better than the Queen of Hyrule. Those vapid whores in the desert only crave me to breed, none of them will be any greater than the desert sands...but you, however..." he said. "You and I could make a beautiful, powerful child."

Zelda could not hide the look of surprise on her face, and as much as she tried to remain collective and calm, it was hard to do so while a thousand questions flooded through her mind. The biggest one, however, was how could she lay with her mortal enemy? How could she just...give herself to him like that? And while she and Link obviously had their affections for one another, she had abstained from losing her chastity as she was not married to him. How in the world would she explain to him that she had slept with this beast, let alone explain the baby she would be carrying inside of her?

That thought alone was enough to make her sick, but she started to collect herself, closing her eyes to focus her thoughts. This would be for the good of Hyrule, for the good of her people. She would not instantly accept, she still needed more convincing, but...if she could put aside her personal feelings this could be a potential solution to her fears of the seemingly inescapable war her and her people faced.

"How do I know that you will keep your word? I find it hard to believe that you cannot find another suitable...vessel for your seed. The sorceress you were with last night is powerful in her own right, I could tell that she was the maestro to your airborne attack. Why not just use her and continue your efforts against me?" Zelda asked as she folded her arms. She was sure she knew the answer, from the way he looked at her. All his compliments were beginning to make sense...

"We will have a formal, written contract," Ganondorf stated easily. "One that your people and mine can reference to ensure both sides are getting a fair agreement. There is much rarity in the desert, your majesty. I'm sure my people would enjoy a formal trade agreement. And, of course...our child," he smirked. "We wouldn't want her to cry about mommy and daddy fighting, do we?"

He dodged her other question, but she supposed he answered what was really important. Still, she did not like the fact that he was speaking as if she had already decided, like he had already given her his child. She chewed her lip in thought, but there was really nothing to think about, was there? "Fine. We will write up a contract, one that will bind you and the two that were with you last night. Anyone who pledges their allegiance to you, in fact. Then I will give you what you wish, Ganondorf." She would put aside her pride, her personal feelings...herself just to provide safety to her people.

"Then I would like the same for you, Zelda," Ganondorf said dryly, arms crossing. He knew entirely what she was doing, and he was expecting it...but she agreed, she actually agreed. "You, that boy, and little bitch shadow that follows you around," he purred. "And anyone who claims loyalty to you. Are we in agreement, then?"

"Impa is not a bitch." Zelda growled lowly, but she knew that she needed to keep herself calm. It was...a fair arrangement. She couldn't say no, no matter how unpleasant he was. She stepped away from her throne, approaching him cautiously still more out of instinct than anything. Despite their size difference, she looked him sternly in the eye and nodded once, reaching out her hand. "We have an agreement."

"Excellent," Ganondorf purred, clasping her hand in a firm shake, before lifting it up to kiss her knuckles with a smirk. "A deal is a deal then, Zelda..." he said, eyes smoldering with latent hunger. Finally...a desire long sense wished, but never realized...

Back
Top Bottom