The Demon Lord Rises (Broomhandle and Princess)

"I'm not asking stupid questions, I'm just trying to figure out what you are to Medusa." Chi muttered as she laid on her stomach, though she continued to face him. "If you're like the...the other you, then I might as well leave. You filled the spot I wanted to fill for her." And that was irritating, but her entire life was one big disappointment. She wouldn't be surprised if Medusa rejected her like everyone else.

"What?" Pit said, opening an eye to regard her. "What are you talking about? Why would you want to be here when you could be anywhere?" he muttered. "We're in a desert, it's hot, it's crappy, and the girls here are stupid and fawn over that stupid oaf like he's the greatest thing to walk the sands. Even Medusa is doing it, it's disgusting." He'd be a million miles away if he could be, just nothing but the sky and the clouds.

Chi didn't know who he was talking about in the least, so she chose to ignore it and just answer his question. "I've been everywhere, Pit." Chi stated as she rested her chin on her forearm. "It's...boring being by myself. Wandering aimlessly in search of a purpose. Medusa was the only person who ever told me I was useful, that I did have a purpose. Even if she doesn't need me now...even if she doesn't remember telling me that, I know my place is with her." Chi stopped herself from going any further, sighing in frustration before lazily rolling on her back. She said too much, and it was making her feel awkward. "Now who's asking stupid questions. As if you care about any if that."

He opened his eyes fully then, sitting up a little to rest his arms on his legs with a sigh. "...No," he mumbled. "...Having a purpose in life...it's good, makes you...feel like you matter, like you're important." He didn't, he felt like some cheap replacement. It's not like Medusa cared about him either, he was just a trophy, something to hold up to those people in Skyworld and tell them that she can play that game.

But Chi didn't have his problem hanging over his head, did she? No, there wasn't another 'Chi' out there. It was just Chi. No other one, no expected 'type' you're supposed to be.

"I wish I could fly everywhere," he said, staring out into the desert. "I wish I could see the ground go by me so fast, it's just a blur. That I could just...come and go whenever I wanted, and nobody could stop me." Freedom, weightlessness. No questions, no concerns...just the feeling of the wind in his hair and only stopping when he wanted to.

"Medusa won't let you?" Chi guessed, tilting her head back so she could look at him again. He seemed...less annoyed now. It was more of a lost, forlorn look that she had seen from her own reflection countless times. The emptiness, it did that to you. For him, he seemed to want freedom while she just wanted to belong somewhere. It was two different dreams, one that seemed opposite of one another. How ironic for the two of them, to want exactly what the other had.

"I never asked," Pit muttered. "I doubt the answer is going to be a yes, though. She doesn't seem like the type to just grant the power of flight because she wants me to go wherever I want. But...I guess it's not so bad," he sighed, laying back again with another close of his eyes. "...Get to fly around Hyrule, I guess. That's something. Nobody really bothers me up here."

"It is nice." Chi agreed as she continued to stare at him. He didn't seem to really be such a bad person, if anything he was misunderstood if not extremely off putting. "The view of Hyrule when you're flying, I mean. I don't really mind being bothered, but I'm usually the one doing all the bothering." She grinned, but apart of her felt sorry for him. It was probably a difficult thing to ask Medusa, if he was free or not. Maybe he was just scared of her not answering the way he wanted her to.

"Well, you can stay here, I guess," Pit shrugged. "You must be useful for something if you came all the way here to talk to Medusa, right?" He had plenty of room, really...he supposed it'd be no big deal.

"Really?" Chi asked as she rose up from the pillows only to turn to face him. Nobody had ever invited her to stay with them before. Maybe he really wasn't so bad, but she wanted to be on the safe side anyway. Too many times people played tricks on her, so she figured she'd just make sure. "Do you really mean that or are you just teasing me like before?"

"No, I mean you can sit on the top of my tower and sleep," Pit said dryly. "Yes, I'm being serious, if you want to say here, you can. It's not like I don't have the space."

Chi looked around his room for a second before grinning. "But the only place I could possibly sleep is here, next to you. Are you really okay with that?" She purred as she looked into his eyes. In truth, she was horrible at trying to flirt with boys, so she decided to tease him instead. He was...really different from all the others she had met. Probably for a good reason, but she didn't really care anymore about that. He was better than the original, much better.

Pit blinked faintly at that, feeling his face heat up in surprise as he avoided her gaze. "...Yes, why?" he muttered. What...what was she doing? Why was his heart beating so fast all of a sudden? "What are you looking at me like that for? Quit it."

Chi found great pleasure in embarrassing him, and it was so obvious that he was flustered. It only encouraged her, truthfully. She moved to her knees and crawled closer to him, closing that respectable distance they were away from each other. "Just making sure that you're okay with a girl being this close to you. Or do you invite girls to your nest on a regular basis?" She giggled.

"What?! No!" Pit snarled in irritation, turning to face her. Bad idea.

Really bad idea.

She was close, uncomfortably, comfortably close. Here, he could actually see her grinning face. Lit up with joy, it was...it was something. Something that made his throat constrict and he just backpedaled, or attempted to. "Why would I do something so stupid!? I just offered a place to stay! Stop being an idiot!" he grumbled. What was with her now!?

Chi only busted out laughing as she sunk back on her heels. He was...really cute when he was flustered like this. Even with him yelling at her, she continued to laugh. "I'm sorry, I'll stop. Seriously though, thanks. I don't remember the last time I had a real place to stay." She told him as she calmed herself down. "Just know you can't take it back now. You're stuck with me unless Medusa says otherwise."

"...That's fine," Pit muttered, glaring at her stubbornly from his little sanctuary, safely in the corner of his pillows. "Just as long as you don't do whatever it is you were doing." What was that? His heart felt like it was going to slam out of his chest, and he was pretty sure that'd be extremely painful. What was so damn funny!?

"I wasn't doing anything that I'm aware of, so you're going to have to be a little more specific." Chi told him, moving closer again to see how he'd react. Did he really find her that intimidating? "What, you don't like when I'm close to you? Are you scared of girls?" Again, that shit eating grin was on her face. She couldn't help it!

"No!" Pit growled. "I will stab you! Don't think I won't!" he huffed. Ugh, why was she getting closer!? Didn't she have any understanding of what personal space was!? "I'm not scared of you! You're just being weird! Now get away from me, or else!"

Chi only shrugged, but the smile never left her face. "Fine, I won't get close to you. I guess we're going to ignore the fact that you embraced me twice today." Even though the first time was just more of him holding a sword to her throat, but it still counted to her since it was the first time a guy had held her. That was...really sad if she thought about it hard enough.

"...I did not," Pit grumbled. "I carried you here, that's not a hug! That was me being practical!" he huffed. "Why are you wording it so strange!?" Ugh, Medusa couldn't be done soon enough!

"You held me in your arms, Pit. You cradled me to your body and we shared warmth. No other guy has ever held me like that, how cruel that you just sum it all up to practicality." Chi sniffled as she turned away from him, pretending to be hurt. Maybe she was just having too much fun, however like anything good thing, it came to an abrupt end when Medusa appeared before the two unannounced.

"Was I interrupting?" She asked curiously, looking down at them with a bemused frown. So Pit had made a friend. How cute and very uncharacteristic of him.

"No," Pit said quickly, trying not to look like he was hiding behind pillows as he scrambled to regain a position that wasn't embarrassing. 'No, it...it's fine," he mumbled, looking her over suspiciously.

Not nearly as tense, the shoulders were more regal than sharp and irritable. Her entire posture seemed...comfortable, actually.

"...I take it you're done with your 'affairs'?" Pit added dryly.

"Yes, and no." Medusa said stiffly before looking at Chi. "I have a use for you, and if you succeed, I will give you a purpose, girl."

"Yes," Chi said as she stood up. "Anything for you, Lady Medusa."

"Good. You mentioned being able to infiltrate Hyrule Castle. I want you do do just that. Ganondorf has an audience with the Queen, but the conditions prevent me from attending, or any of his allies right now. You are you're own agent right now, Chi. So this is as a favor, not an order from me." Medusa smirked. She would not be left out of this little treaty he had planned, and she wanted to know exactly what he was doing.

"Fair enough, but...I'm confused. Ganondorf, is he not a monster? How on earth did he manage to convince the Queen to give him an audience?" Chi was imagining some huge, twelve foot tall demon, but she hadn't seen him since she came. Maybe he was smaller?

"You're wasting time, Chi. Go, he's already left." Medusa wouldn't get into it with her. Why did everyone always have to question her about things? Was an order not an order these days?

"Right, I'll be back as soon as he's done." Chi promised before taking to the air. With a single flap of her wings she was already gone. Impressive. Medusa turned to face Pit again, looking at him expectantly. As if she wanted him to explain himself. She wa curious...why did he look so upset?

"...What?" Pit muttered faintly, wings fluttered in irritation. "I kept her here like you wanted, what?" Now what, what was he in trouble for now?

Medusa only offered him a knowing smirk, her blue eyes studying him closely. "You just seemed off when I arrived. Did that girl make you uncomfortable somehow?" He always just assumed there was a problem whenever she stuck around him for more than a few minutes. Perhaps she would try to actually fix that.

Back
Top Bottom