Hunted (BurningWillows & BloodMoon)

large.jpg

Xael pulled out, falling down beside her in the bed and pulling her into him, wrapping his body around her like a cocoon. He kissed her delicate hair, soft and clean from the bath, as his one arm stroked her arm, lulling her to sleep.

My beautiful darling girl. My sweet angel, he thought, cooing her as he kissed her cheek, watching her grow sleepy, Moon of my life, how I love you.

mt5.jpg

Eli’s labored breathing stopped for a second as he pressed his lips to Reyns hair, quickly curling up with the siren within his arms happily.

“Sounds good…” Eli huffed as his eyes closed while his arms only tightened around the siren.

“Take your time Nereyda.” His gentle voice called out.

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Lunar’s head rested along Xaels chest as she tried to catch her breath. His arms curled around her, offering her not only protection, but unconditional love.

My lovely Sun… I love you.’ Her thoughts faded out, her eyes closing as her body fully relaxed against Xael.

large.jpg

The crew didn't regroup till the next morning, leaving Braxton and Ashlin to care for the children. When they did all regroup they headed off almost immediately, eager to get to the next village and drop the children off. Kayden hadn't healed overnight, and remained sleeping as Jay carried her in wolf form, walking beside his Alpha and her mate. They walked at the lead, with the sixteen children behind them and Braxton and Ash behind them to keep everyone in line. The last two fell slightly behind, staying disengaged from the group as they remained in their little bubble.

Xael had Emilia on his arm's, the tiny red-haired girl squealing as he bounced her. One hand held the little girl's leg as the other wrapped around his beautiful mate.

203cf536-4961-429a-b795-e1985370f356_zpsevg6ived.jpg

Ash gripped Braxton's hand, watching the children play as they made their way down the road.

"You're really good with kids," she smiled, watching one of the boy's try to run away from another, his little feet padding past them as Braxton scooped him up and set him back in line.

The little boy giggled as he was swung, then ran back to the group, obviously pleased.

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Lunars body leaned into her mate, her hand woven through his as it rested on her hip.

“Have a good view up there little one?” Lunar’s musical voice asked, her golden pools looking up at the little child.

e2fd6184bc6c7a109903155d6ac99e72.jpg

Braxton couldn’t help the soft laugh that left his throat.

“Nowhere near as good as you love.” He responded, his arm curling around her waist as he pulled her into him.

“When I was a kid… I had three siblings, a brother, and two sisters, one of which was older than me… But I took care of my other sister and brother. So I learned when I was young.” He responded, his white eyes looking back and forth between Ashlin and the kids.

"I never had any siblings," she admitted, watching a couple of the older kids tickle the younger ones, "They all look so happy, its almost fake."

Her heart tugged, realizing that was exactly what the children were doing. Masking pain and loneliness with happiness, trying to lift each other up.

"Tell me more about your siblings," she asked, leaning into them as her heart ached for the children she had orphaned.

Braxton looked down at the small girl, his arm tightening as her facial expressions looked at the creatures before them painfully.

“What would you like to know of them love?” He asked curiously.

large.jpg

Emilia giggled, her tiny hands gripping his hair to hold on as she nodded. Xael bounced his shoulders, making her giggle.

"I've always loved kids," he grinned, pulling Luna closer, "So carefree and happy."

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Lunars smile only brightened as her arm looped around Xaels hip.

“They’re adorable.” She grinned, nuzzling him softly as one of the other kids behind them screamed.

“That was my hair!” The shrill voice rose above all.

“Brian did it!” One of the older kids yelled out, Lunar winced, her ears hurting with the shrill noises the kids made.

“Hey! If I catch someone pulling hair, I will hand out spankings… And yes Kevin, I know it was you.” Lunar scolded as color faded from the little kids face, Lunars head turning back to her mate as they proceeded to walking.

Braxton smiled down at her, thinking about his childhood.

“It kinda sucked to be completely honest… I always had to share my damn kangaroo sticks…” Braxton pouted, before moving on.

“Both of my sisters are still around, they are interesting to say the least… My older sister and little sister always fought as kids.” He responded thinking.

“My little sister lives in a mental ward, she claims the crazies are the best and easiest to get at, and my older sister just dropped off the grid.” He responded, biting his lip softly at the thought.

“You wouldn’t really like any of them. They are all the opposite of myself.” He responded.

large.jpg

"A little harsh don't you think love?" he murmured, hearing two of the children began crying.

"Be right back," he sighed, pulling Emilia off his shoulders as he turned back, striding towards the two boys crying, "Okay I know why Kevin's crying, but why is Bobby?"

Picking the youngest boy up, his little head curled onto Xael's shoulders, sniffling. Kevin rubbed tears off his face, looking mad that he wasn't getting his attention.

"You're fine Kevin," Xael stated calmly, "Can you apologize for pulling their hair?"

Kevin shoulders dropped and he shuffled over to the girl, apologizing quietly. She smiled, shrugging at saying "It's okay."

Kevin broke into a grin then, poking her, "You're it than!"

As the children began playing again, Xael pulled off to the side, consoling Bobby.

"So why are you crying?" he asked, "Are you hurt?"

Bobby shook his head, wiping snotty tears away, "She scared me."

Xael stiffled a smile, rocking the little boy, "She's not all that scary when you get to know her."

"She got mad."

"She's not mad," Xael soothed, carrying the boy over to Luna as he cringed, "Would it help if she said sorry?"

His little head nodded, his hand wiping tears away.

Luna...just humor him my love. He's only five. His parent's just died and he's terrified.

She kissed him, smiling, "I'll take your word on it babe. It's nice hearing about your past. All I can image is a cute little boy, running around with messy brown hair and white eyes. You were probably adorable!"

She laughed, "Tell me more Brax. Please. Anything..."

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Lunar looked back, Emilia quickly moving to hold her hand gently as the girl bounced next to her. Both golden eyes watching Xael go to care for each child individually, instead of as a whole. It seemed odd, while she’d been taught to lead, she’d learned to treat them all as a whole. Within a minute, Xael was at her side, holding the slobbering child up. Lunar looked at her mate questioningly, she hadn’t been wrong, the idea of scaring them there to stop the situation and any future issues.

“Um… Sorry.” She replied, softly, her eyes looking over at the sniffling child as Emilia tugged on her hand softy.

“Skip?” She asked sweetly, Lunar’s head quickly looking down at her with a kind smile.

“Of course sweety.” She replied before looking back up at her mate.

large.jpg

Bobby smiled softly at her, then at Xael, "Can I go play now?"

Letting the boy go, he watched him join the group.

They aren't wolves my love. They are human children. They don't understand a lot, and they follow their emotions. I know its confusing, but they don't see strict as strict. They see it as scary and mean.

Braxton couldn’t help but laugh, Ashlin’s memory far off from what he remembered. He’d spent most of his childhood being more of an adult than a child.

“My sisters said I was ugly.. Or in the case of my little sister, Uggy.” He chuckled.

“I didn’t really do much as a child… I took care of my younger siblings while still trying to learn what I was. When I could act as a child, it was in moments where I was in need of being an adult.” Braxton sighed, looking forward at the children.

“Then I spent most of my life trying to figure that out and learning how to hunt from my father.” He spoke, his tone soft.

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Lunar watched as Emilia held her hand out to Xael, a large grin on her face.

But… It stops the problem at the root.. Our kids didn’t do things when they were told to stop…’ the wolf thought, watching little Emiliar’s hand wrap around Xaels, the girl beginning to ship as she lead the way.

“Skip!” The girl demanded.

I think she wants us to skip.’ She giggled inwardly.

large.jpg

Not everything needs to be cruel in this world my love. Not all children can learn one way or another. I grew up much like they did, in warm loving homes, not a care in the world.

"I can't skip," Xael lied, shrugging softly at Emilia, "But Luna is the best skipper I know. She'll skip with you."

He grinned widely at his mate, Enjoy your skipping sweetheart. Love you.

Braxton half nodded at Ashlin’s question.

“He told me I needed to know, but it was all on the regular wild life way back in the day.” He commented, thinking back over millennia back.

“My sisters didn’t quite catch on like I did, so my mother did what she could to teach my sister other things. We had an interesting childhood for that.” He spoke.

LunaSM_zpspydahas1.jpg

Lunar sighed softly.

Yes but habbits like pulling hair should be stopped in the beginning… They might not need a care in the world but they do need structure. And I wasn’t cruel, I was strict at most.’ She argued.

Lunar’s eyes looked back down to Emilia before back at her mate as he told the little girl about her skipping.

Oh you sly little bastard, Love you too baby’ He mind giggled as her head nodded down to the little girl before beginning to skip ahead of the group with the small girl.

"It sounds pleasant...having a family..." her voice trailed off, a sudden pit growing in her stomach.

"Um, I..." she pulled away from him, suddenly cold, "I'll just go check on...that thing..."

Her eyes stared down, her mind racing over past memories.

Braxton’s hand reached out, grasping Ashlins as he spun the small girl into him.

“I’m sorry love.” He whispered, tilting her head up to kiss her gently.

“I should have stopped.” He whispered, scooping her up within his arms as they continued walking.

Back
Top Bottom