Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

We all still Die ( Dragonfoot455 and randomname98766789)

Alyissa nodded and got up, stretching out the kinks in her back from sitting for so long. "Well good night Father Gabriell, Thanks for the talk." Aly said in mid yawn before turning to go back to where Aiden and her had bunkered down for the night. Settling down beside her husband, Alyissa tucked herself into his arms. Finally having her thoughts put to rest.

Aiden was still fast asleep when Alyissa tucked herself back into his arms. The muscular man had always been a heavy sleeper and not much woke him. In times like these, that could be a deadly trait but so far he has been lucky. Plus, sometimes he will wake up to louder than normal noises compared to him struggling to do so before. When morning was coming around, the sun was peaking through the little window of their room. Aiden's eyes open and squint together as he loos through the dusty, broken blinds. It was a new day, they survived once again but now it was time to move. Instead of waking Aly, he simply just turned his glance down to her, admiring her features as she slept in his arms, all snuggled against his chest.

Alyissa awoke when she felt the sun's rays hit her eyes, normally she hated mornings but there was no time to grumble about it. There was a faint knock at the door before Rick entered the room "Bob is pretty weak, I thought you might want to say your goodbyes before we head out" he uttered before closing the door behind him.

Alyissa bent her head and was silent "We should go, I wanna say goodbye to Glenn, Maggie and Tara before they leave with Abraham to DC" Aly sighed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

Aiden nodded in understanding and stood to his feet. He wanted to say the goodbyes too and hope that things worked out for everyone. Once Aly was to her feet, he exited the room with her before telling Bob goodbye and leaving the room where Tyreese and Sasha were still by his side. Next, they went to Glenn, Maggie, and Tara to bid them goodbye as well and to have a safe journey on their trip that would hopefully save mankind. They were pulling out in the vehicle soon and were on their way. By that time, Bob had passed and now everyone was working to give him a proper burial, all gathered around outside and digging a grave for their old friend.

When she said goodbye to Maggie and Glenn she hugged them both tightly. "Stay safe ya'hear?" she said biting back tears before moving onto Tara and grabbing her in a embrace in the same manner. She nodded to Abraham and wished him farewell before joining Aiden with the Burial for Bob. As she listened to Father Gabriel sent Bob off with a Passage from the Bible, she finally broke into tears and buried her face into his chest to muffle the sounds.

After Burying their Friend Rick approached Abraham "I wanted to Thank you for everything you've done for us. Take care of them for me" he huffed shaking his hand.

Abraham nodded and handed Rick a map depicting the route they would be taking to Washington. "Just in case you change your mind" he said before turning to leave with his group along with Glenn, Maggie, and Tara. Rick opened the map to find a message written at the bottom corner Sorry for being an asshole earlier. Come to Washington. The new world's gonna need RICK GRIMES

As the church bus carrying Abraham's group departs, Rick sees Tyreese digging graves for the Hunters, goes to help "What was it like getting to terminus?"

Tyreese stopped digging and wiped the sweat from his forehead "It killed me" he replied, Rick shook his head "No it didn't".

During Bob's burial, Aiden was able to stay strong as he hugged his wife tightly. He couldn't imagine what it would be like if she was the one in that grave. It just made him realize how lucky he was to still have her and still be able to hold her. He didn't release her for the longest time, standing there and keeping her in a tight embrace as if he would lose her if he let her go.

Finally, Aiden went to go help to get all the bodies buried before nightfall. That night, Michonne is inspecting her katana that she found in martin's backpack. Father Gabriel can't seem to sleep once more so he is outside as well and spoke to her. She told him that it lessens but it never goes away, and that was the truth. They are interrupted by rustling from the forest. Gabriel returns into the church as Michonne goes to inspect. As she slowly walks to the tree line, she sees a few bushes rustling, and Daryl appears. Michonne grins at the sight of Daryl, but the smile fades as she asks where Carol is. Daryl pauses, staring at her, before looking over his shoulder and telling someone they can come out.

Noah stepped out and gave a small wave to Michonne. He didn't look much older then Beth. "Me and Carol went to go find Beth, she's being held up at this hospital and they got Carol too. Kid says he knows how to get there" he rasped

Michonne squinted at Noah suspiciously before slowly nodding "I'll get Rick, he'll want to meet him" she said sheathing her Katana and going back to fetch Rick.

Meanwhile Alyissa was chatting with Carl while she Held Judith, bouncing her lightly on her knee to keep her entertained. She was doing her best to distract herself from the welled up heartache of losing so many of her friends who were more like family then friends really. Bob's death really opened up her eyes that death could happen to any of them at any time, it could be now or later. Aly just counted herself lucky to survive this long with Aiden at her side.

Aiden was making his rounds through the church. It was impossible to be too careful about things so he always made sure to check for any imminent thrats that may be lurking around. He found none, thankfully and went to go find Aly as she spoke with Carl and played wit Judith. He joined in, sitting down and holding Judith for a while and talking to Carl, just relaxing and spending time with everyone. It was truly rough and just a terrible situation, so it was nice to relax for a moment.

Rick went outside to talk to Noah and found out all the information about how Carol and Beth were in the hosptial in Atlanta. It was disgruntling but they went back inside and decided to have a group meeting about it, calling everyone into the room to discuss the next move.

Alyissa passed Judith back to Carl as she turned her attention back to Rick as the others gathered around to listen in. Rick scratched his beard as he spoke "Daryl has come back.. He knows where Beth and Carol are held up at a Hospital back in Atlanta, I need some of you to come with me"

Michonne piped up "Let me go instead in your place, you've done enough"

Rick shook his head "I owe it to Carol" he told her before turning his attention to Daryl, Tyreese, Sasha, Noah and Aiden to accompany him on the rescue mission while the rest worked on finish boarding up the windows. Aly wanted to speak up and say she wanted to go with Aiden but thought against it as someone had to watch Judith and Carl for Rick not to mention keep a eye on Father Gabriel.

As always, Aiden bid Alyissa goodbye with a kiss on the lips, telling her to be careful and to be safe. They ride along the road and stop inside a warehouse where the six of them get out to discuss an attack on the hospital. Tyreese suggests an alternate plan: kidnap two of Dawn's officers and arrange a prisoner exchange. Rick is skeptical that the plan will work, but agrees to it after Daryl lends it his support.

They draw them out with gunshots in the alley and are able to take two of the officers prisoner while grabbing a thrid when things went little wrong but after chasing and a shoot out, things were okay for the group. Back at the warehouse, the officers say the plan won't work because they are no value to Dawn.

Lamson counsels Rick on negotiating with Dawn. He explains that Dawn will initially balk at the hostage deal, but will ultimately agree. Rick thanks Lamson and offers him water.

As Sasha guards Lamson, he describes seeing a former colleague-turned-walker melted into the asphalt outside. Sympathetic, Sasha offers to shoot the walker to end its misery.

Back at the warehouse, Lamson directs Sasha to a window and tells her where to aim her gun. As she's staring through the scope, Lamson slams Sasha's head into the window. With Sasha now on the ground, bleeding and unconscious, Lamson makes his escape. The rest of the group were gone to try and discuss this hostage deal but they had no idea what was going on.

Back at the church, Carl laid some weapons out in front of Gabriel with Alyissa keeping a eye on the two. "Choose one, you have to learn to defend yourself sooner or later" he urged seeing that the priest was quite distressed over what happened the night before. "Those people that attacked us were liars and murderers" he reminded him, Father Gabriel hesitantly picked up a Machete for himself.

Carl smiled and rolled back up the cloth that contained the other Weapons and motioned to Aly that he would watch his sister while she sharpened the wooden pews and organ pipes to guard the main doors.

after some time Michonne went to go check Gabriel in the rectory. "You doing alright?" she asked cracking the door open to see Gabriel still staring at the blade on the floor before looking up "Yes I'm alright just Fatigued is all" he lied dismissing her. Finding himself alone again he returned to his task of prying up the floorboards to escape the church unnoticed.

Finally, Lamson was run down by Rick. The former sheriff ran him down with a car and then shot him in the head when he tried to tell them that they would all die when they tried to take over the hospital. The other two police officers that were taken prisoner agreed to try and talk to Dawn to let them in without as much violence as possible. Some of the group scatter about on the roof and Rick approaches on the street, offering to make a trade for two people for two people with the hospital.

Dropping into the floor space under the floor boards, he army crawled his way out but accidently stepped on a nail. Even with the nail embedded in his foot, Father Gabriel hobbled towards the woods.
Michonne passed by Alyissa and notified her that Gabriel wasn't feeling well, she nodded and fetched some Ibuprofen from her bag that she would offer to the Priest. As soon as she opened the door she dropped the pill bottle in shock to find he was no where to be seen and the floor boards were pried up. Something deep inside Aly snapped, rage boiled in her gut until it prickled up her spine. Sprinting towards the main hall of the Church to track the Coward down, she felt betrayed by his Cowardice she had spilled her life story to him, as soon as he got the chance he ran away. Tracing his bloody footprints through the forest she found him tearing up about the Walker with a crucifix around its neck.

Alyissa tackled him to the ground in pure fury, knocking the Machete out of his hand. Father Gabriel tried to cover his face from her fists pounding him, He shoved her off and scrabbled for his weapon and without thinking grabbed it and sunk the blade into her shoulder.

She let out a scream of agony as she felt the Machete bite deep into her flesh until it hit bone. The Priest backed away in utter guilt and disgust at what he just done, he found himself running in the direction toward the school were the rest of the Residents of Terminus made their Camp.

The people at the hospital instructed Rick to lay down his weapons. Rick complied but he still had snipers in the building with the target aimed right at the police officers heads. The officers approach Rick and he proposes the even trade -- two people for two people. When the officers ask where Rick's people are, Sasha takes out a walker with a single shot from her sniper rifle. Rick says "They're close", and that he'll wait while they radio in.

Back at the hospital, Beth is getting dressed in her regular clothes, hiding scissors in her wrist wrap. Carol is now awake and Beth wheels her out to a hallway flanked by all of Dawn's officers and followed by Dr. Edwards. Rick and his group are led into the hallway and everyone collectively holsters their weapons. The two cops lie about Lamson's death as promised; Dawn's voice wavers when she acknowledges the fact. They trade Licari for Carol, and then Shepherd for Beth.

As the group gets ready to leave, Dawn decides to change the deal by demanding Noah stay as well. She says that officers died trying to save him. When Rick starts to object, Noah volunteers to stay. Beth goes to hug him good-bye and when Dawn tells him "I knew you'd be back." Beth, disturbed by the statement, approaches Dawn and says "I get it now," before stabbing her in the shoulder with the scissors. Dawn impulsively shoots Beth in the head. In slow motion we see Dawn looking horrified at what she's done and mouthing "No, I didn't mean it" as Daryl pulls a pistol and shoots her in retaliation, also in the head.

Father Gabriel observed the abandoned Camp as Walkers growled staring at him through the windows. He found Photos, a Bible with Mary's name written inside and a passage that fell to 8:10 and 11:21. Finally he came to the Barbecue pit with the leftovers of Bob's partially eaten leg. Within anger he threw the pit over, crying. As he did so. The Walkers broke in the Glass from the Horde's weight on it, as they chased him through the woods. He leaned up against the tree that had a cross had been cut to it, Gabriel had shaken the Walkers off his trail and he made his way back to the Church. Stopping briefly at where Alyissa was laying unconscious from the blood loss, Father Gabriel felt guilt wrack his body and he scooped the feather weight female up as he heard the Walkers approaching. With the Brain eaters not to far behind he called for Carl and Michonne to let him in as the walking dead build up against the barriers that the survivors had finished putting up.

Carl and Michonne had to chop open bits of wood they'd nailed the door shut with but ultimately get them in just in time. A small horde of walkers make their way in and Carl and Michonne start taking them out but the building is quickly overrun. The pair along with Judith and the Preacher carrying Alyissa hid in his Office. It was Obvious the door wouldn't keep the Biters at bay long

Carl heads outside through the hole in Gabriel's floor, followed by Michonne and then Gabriel. They take out the walkers stuck to the spikes before boarding up the church with the zombies inside.

Rick's group is devastated and tearful, while the hospital group control their grief at Dawn's death without too much trouble. Shepherd, backed up by Edwards, offers Rick and the group the chance to stay at the hospital, but Rick refuses, offering instead to take anyone from the hospital who wants to leave. Noah decides to leave the hospital with Rick's group.

As the group walks out of the hospital, Rick shakes his head at Glenn, trying to indicate what has happened. Daryl is carrying Beth's body out of the building, which Maggie sees and stumbles to the ground screaming with tears "Beth! No! No!" and Glenn comforts her. The entire group stands in silence and in grief.

Now, they all started to head back to the church in utter silence and despair

Father Gabriel brought Alyissa to Aiden's attention, it looked like she was dead with her head hanging backward and blood soaked the front of her shirt. With all the blood that was smeared on her you could swear that her Throat had been slit not her shoulder, "I'm so sorry" he murmured a expression of guilt was painted all over his face. He hadn't explained what had happened to her and he was scared of what Rick or Aiden would do if they found out. The priest's only hope that Alyissa's recollection of what really happened was fuzzy to her.

Rick's face contorted into more Grief and Frustration of Aly's condition, not sure if she was dead or not. He couldn't stand to lose another member of his extended family after he swore to protect them. Bob, Beth and now Aly who else could he stand to lose until he snapped into Insanity. The only hint that she was still alive was her slow rise and fall of her chest. Eugene had spared the sleeves of his plaid shirt so Abraham could hold use the fabric as makeshift bandages to stop her from bleeding out.

Immediately, Aiden's face turned dark and cold. he was the first one to her side and removed his shirt to wrap around her wound. "Aly, Aly baby stay with me." He pleaded, gently patting her face. He couldn't lose her. He wouldn't lose her. He refused to lose her. It wouldn't end like this. He kept pressing harder and harder on her wound before grabbing some of the medical supplies that they had. It was small but it was something he managed to grab from his offices before the epidemic began. he was running low now but it was important. He injected her with the medicine that would strengthen her blood and her cells. That was really all he could do at the moment. "Come on Aly... please baby." He whispered and kissed her cheek, a tear running down his cheek in fear and frustration. "What happened?" He murmured quietly, wiping away the tear as he glanced to Gabriel, Michonne,and Carl since they were the ones here.

Michonne and Carl couldn't answer him cause they hadn't seen how she was injured. Gabriel's face was bruised deeply and he had a fat lip from where Alyissa had struck him. "I-I tried to slip away, I didn't want to die. She came at me like she was possessed with Satan himself. I didn't mean it" he said stopping halfway through his sentence as he felt his throat closed with emotion.

Rick's lip curled in anger but this wasn't his wife that was on the verge of dying. He wouldn't stand in Aiden's way if he was going to kill the preacher. He had caused enough trouble with his Group and now he had harmed one of his own, If Aiden didn't kill him He would.

Aiden's eyes widened. "What the FUCK?!" He shouted and his face grew red with anger, grabbing Gabriel by the throat. "You stabbed my wife!" He shouted and this was a new side. No one had ever seen Aiden get so angry or red. His eyes narrowed and went dark with fury. He punched Gabriel hard in the face while he pleaded for Aiden to stop. However, there was no stopping Aiden now. Gabriel hurt his love and his world. He wouldn't let him escape alive with this. Reaching into his waistband, he pulled out his handgun and held it to him. Without another word, Aiden pulled the trigger, sending the bullet straight through Father Gabriel's brain. Once that was done, he pocketed the gun and turned back to spit on his dead corpse before going back to Aly's side and taking a hold of her hand.

Rick placed a hand on Aiden's shoulder about to say that she was gone but was cut off when Alyissa groaned with her eyes flickering open. The injection finally kicking in, with the gunshot rousing her awake, Alyissa's vision swam but then finally focused on her husband standing over her. "Aiden? Rick?" she said trying to sit up until sharp pain brought tears to her eyes making her bite her lower lip to hold back sobs. She forced herself to roll over onto her side as she spat up blood before letting herself collapse back onto the concrete "Aiden" she croaked. Her Psyche was having a hard time figuring out if she was dead or alive, even though the agony coming from her shoulder reinforced the fact she was indeed still alive. She tried to sit up but every attempt made her suffer more.

Aiden started to smile when he saw that she was alive, wiping away another tear. "Aly... Aly baby, I'm here. I'm here." he said to her. "Just lay still, okay? Don't move." He whispered and started to stroke her hair gently with his hand, not letting go of her and never planning to let go of her again. He was so thankful that he could be able to inject her with the medicine she needed and so she could be alright to live. "I'm here." He repeated, keeping his touch on hers, hoping that his touch would comfort her.

Surprisingly everyone but Rick, Daryl and Glenn weren't shocked to see Aiden kill the coward of a Priest. Rick in particular felt Ice in his veins from seeing Father Gabriel shot down. The Governor, Joe and Gareth were taken down and all of them gave satisfaction of seeing their life draining out of their eyes as they died. "We have to go Aiden" Rick gruffed, the sound of a gun going off would attract Walkers. The city of Atlanta wasn't a safe place to dabble in, Daryl continued on still carrying Beth towards the Firetruck Abraham and the others came in.

Alyissa caught sight of Beth's corpse and Father Gabriel's, she felt tears sting her eyes "Beth" she choked holding back sobs at seeing her broken body.

"Come on baby, I've got you." Aiden whispered and picked Aly up in his arms slowly. He took her over to the truck and slipped in, holding her tightly into his arms. "Just stay with me, okay." He was still shirtless at this point as his shirt was still wrapped around her shoulder. They were driving away from the church now and were on the run yet again. Nothing really seemed to be going right and they had to recover yet again

17 days had passed since Beth's death, Alyissa had made a full recovery but was left with a deep scar near her neck of where the Machete had cut her. The group was still trying to cope with Beth's unexpected death, She hated still being in the Church after everything that happened, The death had hit Maggie and Noah the hardest.

Rick had called for a Supply run, He included Alyissa to come along not wanting to repeat what had happened with Father Gabriel. He wanted to take every precaution he could took look after those he had left. Alyissa stuck close to Aiden's side while they cleared out a Truck for transportation to Virginia, "Aiden? is it my fault you killed Gabriel" she asked pulling him aside while Glenn and Daryl worked on getting the Vehicle started.

Back
Top Bottom