Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Niche in Time

Things are still a rollercoaster. Good days. Bad days. Been sick lately. Left work early one say last week sick. Have an appointment Thirsday for a covid test. Don't think that's what I have though. Still have my sense of smell and taste. It's probably just sinus infection or a cold maybe. Have a good day BMR.

Well the test result is in. I am positive for Covid. So that's an automatic two week paid vacation from my job. Sad thing is I don't feel that bad. I can still smell and taste my food. I do have a cough, and I'm tired from time to time. I could go to sleep right now. I think I will take a nap here in a bit. My chest hurts a little from the coughing, but I've had that before. I would have never thought this was covid. I told my job yesterday I was getting tested, but I didn't think that's what this was. Boy was I ever wrong. Have a good day BMR.

The COVID symptoms are similar to the Cold or Flu, and COVID-19 is a member of the same virus family as the Common Cold - so not surprising you'd be confused as to what you've actually got.

Stay safe, Andi.

I'm on covid still. My company puts us out for 14 days, paid of course. So I still have some time before I go back. It's been strange being at home this much. A friend of mine has offered to teach me how to play a card game, Munchkin, I think it is. I don't know. When it comes to games, I am competitive. Very. Competitive. At least that's what I've been told. Still, I told him no thanks. I have my reasons for that as well.

As for the situation I've been going through since the start of November, it has it's good days and it's bad days. I think I'm just learning to deal with it day by day. Do I ever think it's going to be completely fine? In time, yeah. Until then, I just have to keep dealing. It's stressful. I've put a few holes in the walls here at home. Yeah, I have a nasty temper. I've beaten up my door on one occasion. I've had my share of screaming matches and crying lately. Still, I keep going. It will all be fine in time. I know it will be.

I've been thinking about coming back to writing, but limited. I don't want to get too overloaded, as my time is still normally taken. I miss writing. I miss the people. So I think it might be time to get back to it. Have a good night BMR.

I missed my anniversary date on here. lol. It was yesterday. Since 2014. Wow. That's a long time to be a member here. I am so glad for all the wonderful people I've met. Some of them I don't really talk to anymore, and for that, I'm sad. I still consider them friends, even if things aren't the same anymore. They're wonderful people, and they were there for me, helping me through good and bad times at some point or another. For that, I am grateful. It's been good journey all these years. Some great, and sometimes sick, fun has been had. Thank you to anyone who has ever been a friend or a partner. Your time and talents are certainly appreciated.

On another note, we got snow! Again! For the past two Fridays we have seen snow here. It's amazing. Here in the south, we don't see much snow. It was beautiful. Have a good night BMR.

I missed my anniversary date on here. lol. It was yesterday. Since 2014. Wow. That's a long time to be a member here. I am so glad for all the wonderful people I've met. Some of them I don't really talk to anymore, and for that, I'm sad. I still consider them friends, even if things aren't the same anymore. They're wonderful people, and they were there for me, helping me through good and bad times at some point or another. For that, I am grateful. It's been good journey all these years. Some great, and sometimes sick, fun has been had. Thank you to anyone who has ever been a friend or a partner. Your time and talents are certainly appreciated.

On another note, we got snow! Again! For the past two Fridays we have seen snow here. It's amazing. Here in the south, we don't see much snow. It was beautiful. Have a good night BMR.
Congrats on the anniversary

Suppose to go back to work tomorrow from my covid leave. Actually a little nervous and afraid about going back because I've been away so long. That sounds silly and crazy right? lol.

First day back today. I'm nervous to say the least. Shouldn't be. I know these people. They know me. Still, here I am, nervous. lol.

In other news, I did apply for a new job yesterday. I know for a fact they are hiring at this place, and I have a friend who works there in a different department who knows the hiring manager for the department I'm trying to get into. He's already spoken to him, and the manager says he'll look at my app tomorrow. I'm guessing he was off today. The job pays more money, and I'll be working the hours I'm scheduled to work at my current job. Often at my job I leave early because I cut my lunch short and/or I come in early. Plus I know a few people already that work in this building. So here's hoping. I'm scared to leave my current job. I'm good at it. I've been there for a while. Still, change can be good. Here's hoping everything will be ok. Have a good day BMR.

Well, I got the job. It took forever to go through the hiring process, and I'm still not 100% through. I haven't taken a drug test yet. I don't worry about that. Never even smoked weed. Drugs? No. Drinking? Well? I don't drink often. It's a rare thing for me to drink, but I can. I digress. I am currently working a two week notice. I think that is the polite, professional thing to do. Never burn your bridges with a job. You never know when you might need them again. It's been bittersweet. Today was the last Sunday I will be working there. I'm off tomorrow, and then I work until Friday. Then it's done. I'm taking Saturday and Sunday off, and I don't work Mondays. I bought a gift for two of the ladies I work with. One I work with in my department. She is the kindest, strongest woman you will ever meet. A sweet, Christian lady who works her behind off. I love working with her. She's told me she's mad at me. She's told me she doesn't want me to go. I am going to miss her. The other is for my work bestie. She has made working there one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. I am going to miss her more than words can say. I had a couple of people tell me today they were going to miss me. It's hard. It's sad. I know this door has to close before a new one can open. Doesn't mean I'm ready to close it.

Nervous? Nervous doesn't even begin to describe it. I have worked in kitchens and restaurants before. Of course they were fast food places. Those jobs were some of the best times of my life as well. Still each new adventure is a risk, and lately I'm not big on risk taking I guess. Well, maybe to a degree, but that ties into my personal life.

Speaking of my personal life, it's a wreck. It looks like a tornado went through it. What friends I do have, I feel like I'm leaving behind, and this one person in the here and now is the biggest source of pain in my life right now. When I say pain, I mean....pain. Lately I feel like I can't do anything right. Mentally I'm exhausted. THave a good day BMR.

How was I to know getting the job was the easy part? Making the transition into this new job has been far more difficult than I dreamed. I have gone from knowing so much to where I could have been in charge of the department to not knowing anything. Losing my 'family' that I have come to know at my former job has been hard. Here I don't know many people at all, and I feel so out of place there, I am trying. I had one day on the floor, and I did not like it. I keep telling myself the money is good, but at what price does one sell their own soul? If it's not what I'm making, then I assure you it's pretty close.

On another front, I finally went out on a limb today and went to....*takes a deep breath*....a tabletop gaming store. I was afraid I would be bored. I took my deck of cards with me, as well as my laptop. I was prepared in case I got bored. This way I could always go online, watch a movie, check out BMR, something. I also took me this one board game that I have fallen in love with. Ticket To Ride. It took me a few tries before I found my own way. Now I do ok. In fact, today I played two games of it, which I won, against the guy who took me there. lol. He told me I beat him in his own house. I even have pink trains that I play with, yes..pink..trains. He actually bought both the game and the trains for me. He is incredibly sweet. This guy knows I've been struggling lately. He's watched it, as well as been part of the reason for it. So today was something good. At this game store, you can rent board games as well. This way you can try them out, without buying them, to see if it's something you're interested in. I had told him I wanted to try Carcassonne. So he got a copy of it, rented it, and we both actually ended up liking the game. Of course I told him I'd have to find some pink mepples. Mepples are basically your game pieces. When we left the games store, he had bought a copy of the game for me, and he ordered pink mepples for me. It was great. lol. I went with two guys. One I know extremely well. The other one I'm getting to know. NO. It's not like that. lol. Not at all. Not because I wouldn't mind it. It won't ever happen though. Anyway on the way to the game store, we stopped at a Mongolian BBQ place. It was his treat. It was very generous of him. It was interesting. I'll just say that and leave it at that. lol. Next up was the game store. The guy who bought lunch had reserved a table to play 40K, I think it was. So my guy and I started doing our own gaming. We played Carcassonne. Our other friend was actually waiting on his gaming partner to show. So he sat with us. At one point, he told the guy I was playing, "Dude. I think she's got you on this one." lol. Then he called me a name, one I'll never forget, and I reacted quickly. It was a name I can't believe he called me. He called me a..a..gamer. In secret. lol. So we played a couple of games, each of us winning one. Then we walked to a cupcake shop that was a block away. Omg. I had one, and it was monsterous and good. The main thing I got was some sugar cookies. 4 inch sugar cookies. lol. When we got back to the game store, we played two games of Ticket to Ride. I won both games. *takes a bow*. After that we just kind of looked around in the game shop and did our own laid back thing. At one point, we stepped outside. The game shop is on main street. It had this incredible feel to it. It was like we were at the beach. It was so laid back. I loved it. There's talk about me going with them every time they go, and they usually go once a week. Wow. Imagine that. I might actually be taking a whole day for nobody but me. It felt good to do something just for me. I'm so worried that doing this is going to make me selfish, but you know what? So be it. I deserve one day a week.

And on the front of my two guy friends, whom I affectionately refer to as my boys, we are all looking at either buying a house together or finding a place to rent. We all already work together, and the one I didn't game with today works the same hours as I do. lol. So it just kind of fits. We are becoming the three musketeers. All for one, and all for one.

I bumped my request thread. Got a few bites. I need to reply to those people. I am actually hoping to get back into writing once again. With this new job, they actually want me to take an hour lunch. Things had gotten so busy with my other job that I was taking a 30 minute lunch, and there were nights I didn't even get one. So this is a welcomed change. So here's looking at you BMR. Have a good night BMR.

Well, I've been at my new job for a few weeks now. To say it has been fun would be....not entirely true. It has been beyond tough. I asked to be shown how to do this one task three times. Nobody showed me. I had to figure it out for myself. Granted it was easy, that's not the point. It has taken me a while to start to get into the groove with cooking the food. I'm still not 100% there, but I'm better than where I was. People have been less than friendly. There was this one incident where I was put on the spotlight. I had sliced some meat. When the amount went over what the customer wanted, I thought it would be okay to put the leftover in the bag with the bulk of the meat I had sliced from. No. That is apparently wrong. When another worker asked who did it, I made a face. She asked another worker. Of course she said she didn't do it. Then I admitted I had done it. Now granted there were more people there than just the three of us. I want to make that clear. Her response was along the lines of, I knew you did it. I could tell by your face. The face tells it all. Then, after humiliating me in front of everyone, she went on to tell me the proper thing to do in that event. It was so bad that another worker was so angered by it, she went to our manager about the incident. Now has the manager approached me about it? No. There have been times where I would be asked to do something, such as roll up the hose we use to clean the floor with. I roll it up, much like everyone else probably does with their garden hose at home. Then I'm told it's wrong how I did it. Wait. Let me explain. It can't be rolled up loosely. It can't touch the floor. So I try to tighten it up. I'm told that's wrong and to just unroll the whole thing. So I do. Then she goes on to show me the right way. Another time I am told to put the donations at the end of the night in the freezer. Okay. I do it. Then she tells me I put them on the wrong cart. Now here's a little fun fact about that. I had to roll the cart past her to get into the freezer. Did she tell me that then? No., Did she even notice? In all fairness, I don't know. When I come out of the freezer, she tells me it's wrong and to move it from that cart to the one already in there. Why didn't you tell me that when I went past you? It felt like she waited for me to mess up just so she could tell me I was wrong. Now things are getting better, but this has made me hate coming to work. I've cried about things here. I have been on the verge of leaving this department, but no. I have stayed so far. I could push and try to find another department to be in. Someone has already spoken to the manager of another department for me. I can't get in that department right now. Will I when the chance comes up? I don't know. I'm pretty stubborn.

Other aspects of my life are not doing so great at the moment either. It's all a cluster. I just need to scream. lol. Have a good day BMR.

Nerd-vana day is here! I am currently at the game store with my boys. Now boys being boys and all they have their own tabletop game that they are going to play first. I'm okay with that. It gives me time to work on a few things. I've finished up the last I needed to do with one rp and sent it off. Tyr, check your email. Now I am about to work on one that I have going on in pm. It's a new one. He has two posts in, and I have one post in. That's just how new it is. @LengthOfRope is indulging me on one of my guilty pleasures. MurderMe.com. I only have a few rps that are active currently. So, without fur ado, I am off to work on that reply. Maybe later I'll post some pics of the game store. Have a good day BMR.

Nerd-vana day is here! I am currently at the game store with my boys. Now boys being boys and all they have their own tabletop game that they are going to play first. I'm okay with that. It gives me time to work on a few things. I've finished up the last I needed to do with one rp and sent it off. Tyr, check your email. Now I am about to work on one that I have going on in pm. It's a new one. He has two posts in, and I have one post in. That's just how new it is. @LengthOfRope is indulging me on one of my guilty pleasures. MurderMe.com. I only have a few rps that are active currently. So, without fur ado, I am off to work on that reply. Maybe later I'll post some pics of the game store. Have a good day BMR.
Hope you are well. I left our rp open of you decide you want to come back.

Thank you @skywalker58801 . Our rp was one of the more intense ones I have ever done. It too is a guilty pleasure. By guilty pleasure, I actually mean one that it has been difficult to find someone to actually do it with me. lol. So I would like to keep going.

Thank you @skywalker58801 . Our rp was one of the more intense ones I have ever done. It too is a guilty pleasure. By guilty pleasure, I actually mean one that it has been difficult to find someone to actually do it with me. lol. So I would like to keep going.
Ok, thats good. Thats i wanted to hear. I was hoping i didnt lose you. I have some really big ideas for that one. Its still open if you wanted to keep going. If you lost it and need it resent let me know.

Nerd-vana day is here again. This has been a trying week. Someone close to me got some bad news. So it's been tough. Still, I am taking today. Everybody needs one day to just have fun. This is my day. Today will be being out, good food, a little writing, too bad I didn't save it before restarting my laptop, and then some gaming. On the menu tonight:

Carcassone
Ticket To Ride
Pandemic

I also will be picking up at least one expansion pack for Unstable Unicorns. Yeah. I got that one. lol. Cards Against Humanity too, but I haven't played that one yet. I have pink meeples for Carcassone and pink trains for Ticket to Ride. Yeah. I have a thing for pink. I also bring my computer in a, you guessed it, pink bag. lol. I'm sitting here with pink headphones around my neck. My pink headphones with cat ears that light up. lol. I love nerd-vana day! Have a good day BMR.

I haven't been around too much lately. I apologize. Things have just been a little hectic. If memory serves me right, rping can slow down during the summer. Makes sense really. People are out and about, on vacation, or just busy. Here's hoping that the warmer temps that may be heading your way aren't too bad this summer. Here in the south is basically like baking in an oven. At least I work in a place where I can go into a cooler or a freezer for a little bit to cool off. Unfortunately, things at my job are not getting much better.
I cried about today while talking with a couple of people. It's not going to get much better even if I do speak to someone about it. Now there is an opening coming up in another department. If I could take it, I would be working alone. Working alone has its advantages and disadvantages. People don't realize the effect they have on other people. There is this one girl I work with who makes me feel so unliked that I don't even want to go to work. I have felt like I don't belong since day one, and the feeling subsides at times, but it always comes back. This girl is part of that. I still feel lost at my job, but the thing is, when she's not there, my day can go a lot better. Sundays are my best days at work. All the people that make my job unbearable are not there. So it's a perfect day. I work with a lady who is hard of hearing. I do know a little sign, but nowhere near enough to actually carry on a conversation with here. I know a few random words, but that's it. I also work with a guy who is actually great. From day one he has never made me feel stupid for not knowing something. Work is becoming almost unbearable. I literally have three good days out of the week. The rest of the week, I literally hate those days. Something has to give.

As far as the gaming front goes I have gained a few more games. lol.
Carcassone I now have another copy of. It's an anniversary edition.
The Magic Labyrinth
Horrified

My collection grows still. Today I may try to rent one that was recommended to me, I believe, by my friend and rping partner Tyr. I've been wanting to try it, but I haven't yet. Have a good day BMR.

I have been on this site for a long time now. It seems unreal actually. Of course it doesn't feel the same as it did back then. Everything changes. People change. Some have drifted away. Some I don't even speak with anymore really. It saddens me. There are times I've wondered what I did wrong, but now I don't even bother with those kinds of thoughts. It's just how things are. There is so much talent here on BMR. There are times I wish I still felt that intense spark that I use to feel. That spark that drove me to check BMR so much, the same spark that made me so engulfed with rping that I had multiple rps going at once, in the double digits, that's the spark I'm talking about. It was a spark that made me think about my rps while I was at work. Very few things interest me anymore when it comes to rping. So if I can find something that does, then I try to respond when I can. It all feels so done to me. Been there. Done that. Even in rl I've done some advenurous things that make writing about them seems so....done. I have some interesting projects going on now. Some I keep because the partner is a talented writer. Some I keep because they are on that pulse of intensity that I like. You know the ones. The rps that you have to really think about, the ones that take you there, to that place, with your character. I've been there before, plenty of times, and it's not always a pleasing place to be. lol. The beam scene. *sighs* Never before have I been so angry with a partner and the scene as it was playing out. Granted it ended well, but at the time it was going on, I was beyond angry. I've been there and experienced so much that it took my breath away, literally. Those are the times I enjoy. The rps, the characters, the scenes, the ones that make me think about even when I'm not at home, those are the ones I wish I could get that spark back with. There was this one character I worked with, with a talented partner as well, in a group rp that just kept my attention and held it. I miss that. I miss the tingles you get from a new rp when you can't wait to get it started, when the planning and fleshing out a character phase is just so enjoyable. I miss all that. Maybe I've been on this site for too long. I don't know.

Here I sit at work, on my lunch hour, and I just wanted to make a post. Have a good day BMR.

It's been a while. Life has been life. That's about all I can say. I will admit to this. I have fallen in love....with The Sims again. lol. I have bought expansion packs, and I have been spending some time playing that game. All of the babysitting that I did before has been cut down drastically. Of course, that happened last year. I have since then taken things into my hands, giving myself a day, Thursdays, where I do what I want to do. It's a me day. Plus, there have been a couple of months now where I spend a few nights in a hotel. I already have plans to go next month. Why? Because I won't be going on a real vacation any time soon, and I like staying in a hotel. So, there you go. I pack a small bag, pick up a few snacks and drinks, stay in a hotel close to a few restaurants, and I have a good time. I'll admit the first time was because the power went out, and there was no way I was staying there without it. So I ended up spending two nights in a hotel. I still had to work. So I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I wanted to. Now this month I went again, and I had the time off. So I enjoyed it. lol. So next month I'm going again. In October I'm thinking about spending three nights in a nicer hotel just because I can. lol. I'm falling in love with this too.

I still play board games. In fact, I'm at Nerd-vana as I type. Nice place. My fingers on my right hand have been giving me a little bit of grief lately. I woke up one morning with my fist clenched. So I don't know if that's why they've been giving me a time lately or if it's something else. I was sleeping with my fingers slightly splinted, so I couldn't make a fist. Last night I passed out without splinting. I'm taking Ibrophen in the mornings to help. Most of the time, they don't bother me except for first thing in the morning. My dad has an issue with one of his fingers. So I'm really hoping this isn't something I inherited from him. The job has gotten better. Yeah, there are still people there that make the job either good or bad. That's true for any job though. I've just gotten to where I keep going. I'm making money. I'm able to work. That's all that matters there.

As for writing, I'm trying to get back into it and make time for it. To anyone I'm working with, thank you for your patience. If you've grown bored and want to move on, I more than understand. I enjoy writing. Actually, that's one aspect of The Sims that I'm kinda working with. I take pics from the game for a story that is in my head. I would love to complete it and post it on their website if they still allow that to be done. It's been many moons since I've been on their website to see if people still do that. lol.

Well, that's about it for now. Have a good day BMR.

Back
Top Bottom