Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Niche in Time

Tuesday was a good day at work. We aren't able to do much because of equipment being broken at the moment. So I took the day and started cleaning. Lately we all find something to do in the way of keeping ourselves busy and/or making the day go by faster. For me, I made the choice to do a job that had me bent over most of the day. No worries. The next day, I was okay. I decided I wasn't going to work though. lol. So I took a personal day. I lounged all day long. That's right. I was in bed. lol. Thursday I woke up with slight back pain. Nothing to stress over. From there it went downhill. I am in so much pain when I wake that it's all I can do to stand from the side of the bed. Thank God the pain eases as the day goes on. Does it go away totally? No, but it's bearable. I've been working all weekend with the pain. This morning I finally went to the doctor. They want me to have some x-rays done of my back. This came out of nowhere. I mean, yeah the week before my bak bothered me on Thursday as well, but by Tuesday I know it was gone. That way the day I did all the cleaning bent over for a little while. By little while I mean a few hours. So now I'm on muscle relaxers, Ibuprofen, and steroids. Just please say a prayer for me.

When it rains it pours. Thankfully the pain from my back in all but gone. I'm doing so much better. Monday I woke up with a sore throat. Didn't think too much about it. I went to a hotel for a little stay-cation of sorts. It's something I'm enjoying. Well, I spent part of the day and Monday night there. Tuesday I was off, and I spent the night at the hotel again. I got up Wednesday, checked out, and went to work. Now during this time, I thought it was my allergies flaring up, a sinus infection, or a cold. No. This morning I took two tests. Both say the same thing. I am positive for Covid. *hangs head* So I have been going about my business all week positive for Covid. lol. So. My job will only tell me to stay out for five days. I started feeling symptoms on Monday. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and now Thursday. Monday was actually day zero. So by Sunday, I should be just fine. If I tell my job I'm positive, they will put me out for five days though, without pay. I can't afford that. Well, I actually kind of can, BUT do I want to do that? It's possible that's still nothing more than a common cold. At-home tests are designed to pick up the Sars virus, which is also found in the common cold. Sooooo, yeah. I could have that, but my taste is slowly failing me. I can't win. lol. I feel fine. I'm a little tired, and sleepy, but I'm okay. Yeah, I'm stuffy as heck, and Tuesday I was sneezing my head off. That's why I thought it was allergies or a cold. Coughing a little. I get little coughing fits where I joke I'm choking, but then I'm fine. I am fine. Right now I'm drinking coffee, and I can taste it. I know the responsible thing to do is inform my job and stay home, but I don't want to. lol Have a good day BMR.

I wouldn't place much faith in the at-home RATs. I was taking them daily while I was feeling a little unwell, and each time they said I was COVID-negative. I got a PCR test done (on the same day as a negative RAT) and the PCR said I was positive. That's my experience with it, anyway.

Take your time, rest up, get well. :)

You know what really ticks me off. I found an old phone, started charging the thing up, but now I can't remember the passcode I used on it. I've tried everything. I was so sure it was the birthday of someone important in my life, but nope. I'm stumped, and I want to see the messages and pics on that darn phone. lol.

You know what really ticks me off. I found an old phone, started charging the thing up, but now I can't remember the passcode I used on it. I've tried everything. I was so sure it was the birthday of someone important in my life, but nope. I'm stumped, and I want to see the messages and pics on that darn phone. lol.
Go take it to one of those kiosks in the mall

lol. Funny you say that. That's what one of my roommates told me to do too. The town I live in is so small we don't have a mall. The closest one is about 45 minutes away, and as luck would have it, the game store I go to on Thursdays is just down the street from said mall. So I guess it will work out. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. You guys are the best. It was a good day.

Today is turning out to be a good day. I'm at nerd-vana as we sp....type. lol. I hope you guys all really are doing well. I actually did some writing today. It felt good. I've been doing this since 2014. Wow. I was looking back at some of my old threads. Memories. Okay. That's enough of that. lol. My singing sounds like a cat in a washing machine. My anniversary for the site is in January. I look forward to it. I've got some replies due. So here's hoping to some good writing soon. Have a good day BMR.

I do hope everyone is doing well. I haven't made an entry in so long. Nothing to blame it on really. Things just are what they are. I will say that last weekend I was at an overnight fundraiser for a children's hospital. It was held at Nerd-vana. All night. In a game store. Yeah. That was a thing, and I will say this. I got some pretty good sleep sitting up in a chair, outside, with my head leaned back on a brick column, with my jacket hood pulled down over my eyes. lol. I was told I was lightly snoring. Yes. I snore. I'll admit it.

The holidays are approaching, and I know most people will be busy. All I can say is enjoy this time with family. Being raised Free Will Baptist, for the longest time I thought it was....bad when people would say Happy Holidays. It's Merry Christmas. Right? Well I heard someone say recently that it's not disrespectful. In fact, people who say that don't really know what your religion or your faith is. So they use Happy Holidays as a broad term to simply wish a happy holiday. It covers multiple faiths, and so it's not a bad or disrespectful term. So now I see it differently.

On the subject of the holidays The Southern Christmas Show is a thing. It travels around this time of year. It's a great event to attend. Shopping while spending the day with my mom. I've already bought the tickets for us to go. lol. So yeah. I'm ready. She sounds like she's coming down with something, but she assured me today that she was going. My mother is the strongest, most stubborn woman I know. So I at least know where I get it from. There is a website for The Show if anyone would like to get a glimpse into what we go to. It's great. Unless it's food, I don't want to buy anything unless it's a gift.

On the subject of gifts, I'm on the verge of buying a gift for myself. lol. My laptop has been acting up lately. So I'm in the market for a new one, and on that note, I have a phone call to make pertaining to that very subject. Again, I hope everyone is doing well.

I haven't posted anything in a good bit. So here goes. Things have been tough since my last post. I just glanced up at it, and I read where I was talking about the fund raiser I went to. I went to the game store one time after that, and that was it for last month. Things have been that strained at times with my friends that I go with. I was on the verge of moving out things have been so tough at home. I literally had a bag packed. Things still are not 100% back to normal. I did have a good Thanksgiving. That's a big plus. I also attended The Southern Christmas Show. So some good things have been happening. As of right now I am ill. I haven't taken a covid test, and I really don't want to. My job will not compensate for my not being at work. So screw it. I'm still working. So forgive me. I just wanted to post a little note. Have a good night BMR.

I haven't been around that much lately. It feels like....I don't know how to finish that. I have been so tired lately and having a tough time. It feels like every bit of creativity is just gone from me. There's no inspiration. There's just....nothing. I've actually got time today to write, my mind is just empty. I want to, and that's actually a good thing. I just can't seem to get in gear to actually do it. I find myself watching a lot of streaming shows. Currently Netflix has my attention with their new series Kalidescope. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do. I literally watched almost all of it before going to bed sometime this morning. Work is still work. Things don't seem to get that much better. I mean there are some good days and some bad days. It's not the job. The job itself is great. It's the people I work with. Some of them I really wish would leave. That's bad of me, isn't it? Then again, I'm finding out I'm not really a good person anyway. I have this one friend that I was convinced told me he talked to me about a problem we were having once, and only once, but I have recently learned that my belief is wrong. He in fact talked to me more than once about it. So he came to me, talked to me about this more than once, and every time I blew him off. What kind of person does that? Not a good one. he says I was under a lot of stress and my family was putting a lot of demands on my time. So he doesn't hold it against me. In fact, he's saying he could have tried harder. Well another person I know, who is aware of the entire situation, literally calls bull on what he's saying. She says that she can remember on more than one occasion him saying that he talked to me about it once. So I feel like I dropped the ball. He says I'm only human and asked me when did I become Superman? I can't be human. lol. I know that sounds crazy, but I can not be human. I have too many things going on. I can't let people down, and I feel like if I mess up, then I've dropped a ball. There is zero room for error for me. People need me to do things for them and to be here or there. I have my family. I have my job. Then there is my personal life. I have to help them out. I have to work. I have to work through personal..everything. I can't drop a ball. Everything has to be precise. It has to keep moving. It has to work. I can't drop a ball. Even now I'm sitting here shaking my knee as I type at a table with two other people. lol. I lose my temper. I cry. I yell. I have one of my friends asking me if I'm okay, even today. I have a co-worker asking me if I'm okay. I have people telling me that my friend, the one who tried to talk to me, they think he's dating another one of my friends. No. lol. He's dating me. lol. It's how they are when they're seen together that made her ask that. She asked me if they had kissed yet. What? lol. I wasn't paying him enough attention. So after he talked to me about it a few times, including sitting me down to tell me, which btw, i did make a small change after that, he still went out and started spending his time with this other guy. lol. They're enjoying a hobby they both share. Okay. lol. So you see it's my fault. Allt he problems, all the issues, I've had are all my fault because I dropped the ball and wasn't paying him enough attention. I was working a full time job. I was helping my family. I thought a full grown man would be able to handle being bored and lonely on his two days off from his job. lol. Guess what? He did. Just in a way that caused us problems, and now..now I realize how horrible I am because the man I'm daintg came to me, told me I wasn't spending enough, time with him, and I blew him off. I'm a horrible person. So, on that soul bearing note, I think I'm going to get up, get something cold to drink, and maybe watch the last part of the episode of Kalidescope. The White. Have a good day BMR.

Youre only one person you know. Keep that in mind when others are making you feel like you dropped the ball. The fact that any of this bothers you, should tell you how good of person you are.

I'm thinking about writing again. I was wondering if any of my old partners want to continue what we were working on. If you do, let me know in a pm or here. I'm all ears. We'll, maybe not ALL ears. Lol. Have a good day BMR.

Pfft. If a guy can't handle the fact that, in his spare time, you've got things to do that need to be done, then he should be re-evaluating his priorities. Does he drop what he's doing to be with you when you happen to have some spare time?

But I'm still here to write and or talk/listen.

Thank you so much Sync.

I've had some interest shown in a couple of my past rps, and I'm honored to say that the writers I work with on them are beyond talented. So that's just a huge bonus. I have also joined a group roleplay. So that's great as well. I also purchased a brand new laptop to help make it easier to write. lol. I have a laptop that I keep at home, a small tablet/netbook type thing, and this new laptop. So, whew. lol. Here's hoping. Now I have a pc for no matter where I am. Two identical laptops, two computer bags, and a tablet. lol. Yeah. I might be addicted to electronics. Oh well. Good thing my job pays me well. Speaking of, I had to take a personal day today. I was ready for work, any d it happened. My glasses broke. Without them I'm....screwed and not in a good way. So I took them to my dad. Still had time to make it to work. He coudln't fix them. Took them an optical shop right next to where I live. They couldn't help. Finally had to take them to the optical center at, you guessed it, Wal-Mart. They couldn't find frames to fit my lenses. The lenses were still good. It was the frames that broke. In an effort to keep helping me, they decided to look through the donation bin to see if there were any frames in there that could work. While they are not a perfect fit, it's still pretty good. The fit is so good, it works for me. So they gave them to me. By this time I was late for work. So I just came on home and took a personal day. Eh. It's ok. I needed the day off anyway. So, here's ohping for a good night at home. Have a good evening BMR.

One more thing. I wanted to say a personal hello to someone I use to write with who is often on my mind. We worked together here and on Discord. She is one of the few females I have worked with, and I believe she is the only female I have ever written with where my character was a man. I hope you are doing well, and you are often on my mind.

Well, when it rains....lol. Today I am out and about with some friends at Nerd-Vana. Well on the way here we stop off at a mall just down the street a bit from the game store. I always go in and buy a couple of books from the book store there. I buy them for my mom. I had my two books in hand at the register, and my card was declined. I found that strange, as I was sure I had money on it. Upon investigating, I find out that my card has been locked. Now just down the road before we got to the mall, I bought lunch with no problem. So this was a surprise to me. Turns out someone tried to get a little over $200 from me. I told them no I did not authorize that. So they're sending me a new card. Oh. My. Goodness. I do have money on the card. I just can't access it now. Still. It's a bother to me, but I am glad my bank is on top of that.

I have been working on two new characters for this group rp that I joined. My fingers are crossed and I'm holding my breath to see if these two characters can get off the ground. I mean I know the rp will do well. It's my characters that I hope can fly instead of crashing to the ground. lol. *Fingers crossed tightly* Have a good day BMR.

It's hard to believe I am almost caught up. I have two replies to work on, and then I'll be there. Wow. I have not been caught up in a long time. You know what that means? I'll be trolling the boards. lol. It's probably not a good idea, but eh. I can't resist. Have a good day BMR.

Go ahead. Judge me all you want. I laughed so hard at this. Someone I know had jury duty this week. They're already done. Judge declared a mistrial. The case was a family suing a funeral home. This family wanted to have their loved one cremated, but they also wanted a service. So the funeral home has a rental casket that you can use. It has latches where the feet would be if someone was lying inside the casket. They place the person on an insert and use dowel rods to push them inside it. They had added wheels to their insert to make it easier, I guess. Well this family was at the bottom of the stairs at the church. They were going to bring the casket down the stairs. The latch opened, and this lady fell out of the casket and surfed down the stairs on the insert. Her blouse flew up, and she flashed her family. She came to rest at the legs of a man and the pastor. The pastor pulled her blouse back down. They kept everybody else inside the church until they got her back inside the casket. Omg. Like I said, judge me all you want, but I laughed so hard at this. I have lost people, and I am certain this was not funny to the family. I know that. Have a good day BMR.

Well, I have been going through something, something that blindsided me and has been difficult to deal with. Hopefully I'll be coming out of this funk soon. I want to get back to my writing. So thanks to all for being patient. Does this thing still hurt? Yeah. It was a friend, someone I trusted, and he just knocked me off my feet. He lied to me, and has continued to lie, unaware I know the truth. How did I find out the truth? Don't tell your personal life at work. That's a simple, common rule. People like to gossip. He told not one but two other people the truth, and of course it got back to me. lol. Anways, my lunch hour is almost up. Have a good day BMR.

Well, I have been going through something, something that blindsided me and has been difficult to deal with. Hopefully I'll be coming out of this funk soon. I want to get back to my writing. So thanks to all for being patient. Does this thing still hurt? Yeah. It was a friend, someone I trusted, and he just knocked me off my feet. He lied to me, and has continued to lie, unaware I know the truth. How did I find out the truth? Don't tell your personal life at work. That's a simple, common rule. People like to gossip. He told not one but two other people the truth, and of course it got back to me. lol. Anways, my lunch hour is almost up. Have a good day BMR.
That really sucks. Nothing worse than someone you think is a friend stab you in the back. You dont deserve that shit.

:(

You know that if you need to vent, my Inbox is open.

Back
Top Bottom