Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vacation is Here (Grave and Wiki)

Brandon woke up that morning and saw that Angel was still asleep. Kissing her on the temple, he got up and got dressed in red shorts and a gray hoodie, since it would be a bit chilly that early in the morning. Going out to the beach, he started doing his Muay Thai katas to the backdrop of the sun rising over the Pacific Ocean. His movements were focused and precise, showing amazing grace and skill. He could fight as well as he could do kata, and had resolved that he would never be caught off-guard by thugs like the people that had hit him over the head with a bottle. His leg went up vertically, taking a path of sand with it, before he set it down and breathed easily while returning to a normal standing position.

Kari slept soundly, feeling a little sore but very satisfied after earlier with Belle.

Valerie continued to sleep soundly, turning over and cuddling with Mika in her sleep.

Angel would eventually wake up then, looking around and seeing he would be gone then before stretching with a yawn and showering to change clothes and go down to eat with eyes a bit half closed still being out of it but fine.

Belle would stretch and stop for a bit of course before turning and leaning over the balcony and looking out reflecting on his life as he usually did sometimes, seeming to be relaxed and deep in thought before giving a sigh and reaching out before looking at his hand with a soft smile then turning to the room before going back to leaning back and eventually slowly starting again.

Mika would soon move the blanket off her head at least, pulling the blanket up a bit and hugging the pillow still sleeping with her.

Brandon came back into the building and found Angel at the breakfast table.
"Hey babe," he said as he gave her a kiss on the top of the head.
He then sat down across from her and got a plate of bacon, eggs, and toast for himself with a glass of orange juice.
"So, I was thinking over that last scavenger hunt clue. I believe I know where to look."

Kari woke up and went into the bathroom to use it. Looking in the mirror, she adjusted her hair and smiled, thinking she looked nice even if she did look tired and post-sex dissheveled. Putting on a white bra and panty set before slipping on a purple robe, she tied it tight and then went out on the balcony to see Belle. Kissing his cheek, she smiled and took his hands to lead him inside.
"Let's go get some breakfast. I'm starved."

Valerie was still asleep, but worked her arms around Mika's midsection and held her close. Her nose was almost in Mika's hair but not quite. Her girlfriend was very warm, so she pulled that source of warmth closer to her. A contented smile was on her face as they slept peacefully together.

“ the last...” Wondering then and of course seeing it weird it was mostly like that already, “ jeez thought it would be damn hard...” giving a shrug and a sigh feeling the small waste of energy thinking about it a bit deeper still though. With that angel just relaxed still eating and using her phone wondering what he even found. “ but I guess it’s mostly the time thing, feels weird that’s its enough but maybe the big places are far so it’s not enough either.”

Belle continued to relax, pulling his jacket off and shivering just a bit now as he felt her lips before turning to see her with a nod and a smile before leaning in to kiss her back and walking behind her as they changed and finally went down to eat.

Eventually she would wake up then at least for the moment, checking her phone and wiggling out of her grip to go to the bathroom before laying down again with her phone but eventually getting under the blanket again to sleep.

Brandon chuckled a bit over her misunderstanding.
"I meant the clue we left off on, not that it was actually the last clue."
Brandon ate his food and then left the dishes on a tray to be picked up by hotel staff.
"Where history comes to life refers to a special library where you can borrow people and listen to them tell their stories. We thought 'history' meant world history, and so we checked out many wrong avenues like museums."
Brandon waved to Kari and Belle as they came down to eat.

Kari and Belle got breakfast and sat down with them.
"So, we heard you two were in the lead for the scavenger hunt. Only one other couple is in competition with you, one clue behind."
"Well, Angel and I are winning this. I want to use the money to get an apartment together and start up a nest egg."
Kari thought that was sweet of him.

" Well, good luck to both of you. "
The couples parted ways, promising to meet up later to explore. They hadn't really spent time together as a group, so they needed to do that. Brandon also wanted to talk to Valerie and Mika, since he suspected their relationship and wanted to support them. Brandon and Valerie's parents had always been kind of conservative, so there might be some friction if they found out their daughter was dating another woman. He wanted the two to have someone who supported their love within the family, especially since Mika was his friend, too.

Brandon and Angel went to the library and 'checked out ' a man who had grown up in a Chinese monastery. He gave them the yellow ribbon and told his story. When he was finished, Brandon shook hands with him and they parted ways.
"These kind of library features are rare, but they can be found if you look hard enough. I thought of them last night before bed."
He went to read the next clue when a voice called out to him.

Valerie shifted a bit and turned over when Mika got up. Barely awake, she turned her head when Mika laid back down. Valerie had always been an early riser like Brandon, but Mika was not and she was adjusting more to her sleep schedule. She was happy being close with Mika, even if they were doing nothing at all. Valerie turned over and gave Mika a peck on the cheek before holding her hand. She then laid down and drifted back off.

Last edited:
“ thinking of even taking a tour thing or something...” giving a shrug, if it wasn’t expensive I would always do that when I went somewhere when I was younger on vacation like this just doing the tour stuff.” Before looking to the other as she crossed her arms before scratching her neck feeling embarrassed though, “ thanks, and with him dating you, you should be doing that too dummy...” teasing the others of course before they would leave again. And now they would start the quest again as they met the man before eventually heading out of the library, “ kinda weird to hear from a different culture unless his people were really involved more or something but it was cool...” stretching with a yawn as she looks at her phone.

Mika gave a yawn looking over and putting an arm around the girl for the moment seeing at least she wouldn’t mostly be alone then with sleeping, scooting just a bit closer and laying on her back going back to sleep with her head under a pillow as she hugs it.

Brandon nodded.
"Yeah, after we finish up this scavenger hunt, we can get the group together and do a tour. We haven't really socialized as a group yet, so that will be fun."
After they parted from Belle and Kari, they went to the library and finished that.
"Yeah, I know what you mean, but it was fun, though."
He turned as a couple in their late twenties to early thirties approached.

The man was dressed like he was on safari, and had a thick red mustache and beard to match the red hair he could barely see under the safari hat. He was a barrel chested man with arms like large tree branches, definitely the sort of man who was used to cutting down forested obstacles with a razor-sharp machete. He had the look in his eye of a man who was not afraid to face down any challenge, and so he looked into Brandon's eyes with a steadiness that never wavered. The woman at his side, presumably his wife, had a lighter skin tone and long blonde hair that cascaded down her shoulders. She was in great shape and wearing a woman's safari outfit, though without a hat. She was much more demure with eyes that seemed to be laughing in joy.

"Ah, so you're Brandon and Angel, the couple giving us a run for our money," the man said with a rumbling Scottish accent.
Brandon nodded in confirmation.
"You're the couple who are almost neck and neck with us, I take it?" he asked good-naturedly.
"That be us. I am Angus McBride and this is my lovely wife, Maureen."
The older couple shook hands with both of them.

"You look like a man who's been all over the world. Are you planning to use the prize money for another trip?"
"Absolutely! I've seen many countries in my time, but there are still more to see. Yourself?"
"I want to get my own apartment with Angel, so that we can start a life together."

Angus' eyes softened.
"I remember when Maureen and I did that. It's a very special time in a couple's relationship. I respect your goal, but I won't hold back."
"I feel the same way."
The two men shook hands once more, each feeling strong and determined in what they wanted, before parting ways.

The women did what they wanted to do before joining their respective men. When Angel had rejoined him, Brandon took out the ninth envelope.
"We have a razor thin lead, so we'll need to press the advantage while we can. Let's go for the second-to-last clue."
Opening the envelope, he took out the paper and read it.
"I appear literally out of thin air."

Valerie continued to sleep next to Mika, feeling her warmth.

She didn’t really do anything much but listen and watch the two already seeing she had somewhat idea of what the other couple would be at least for herself, even hoping then that they would be like the other couple then besides what they wore. “ jeez that’s dumb...” making the comment for the clue as she thought. “ it’s weird and I know they don’t have it obviously but all I could think of were myself one ninjas or whatever. Don’t really know.” Crossing her arms and looking around.

Mika eventually did wake up at least then, stretching with a yawn before moving to get her clothes and go for the shower before changing. “ we should go then.” Laying down to watch tv again.

Brandon cocked his head to the side.
"It is tricky."
He thought it over for about ten minutes straight, running through every answer he could come up with. He then snapped his fingers.
"It's in a ventilator shaft somewhere, since that's something that literally has thin air appearing there."
He looked at each building and sighed a bit.
"The only problem is that we'll have a hell of a search. Let's get to it, then."

After Mika got up, Valerie sat up and waited for her to be done with the shower and get dressed. After that, she got up and went to take a shower. After she was done, she dressed in a pink tank top and blue jeans shorts over a pink two-piece bikini with white flowery sandals on.
"Yeah, let's get going."
They left the room and began walking around to check out the wonderful views on the island. Valerie enjoyed having the tropical breeze blow through her hair, especially after the cold of New York.

She tilted her head looking at him seeing how dumb that really was though. “ it probably is obvious some might run into it already or something and it’s not gonna be just like that so easily so I doubt it..” Trying to think still.

Mika of course followed, having her hair in twin gold ponytails seeing as she never really cut her hair so it was pretty long being down just a bit past her knees and even almost touching the ground though still thinking about one and wearing her jacket like a cape as usual with crossed arms as they walked.

Brandon shrugged.
"Well, maybe it is wrong, but I'm going to check into it."
Brandon walked off toward the main resort and went down into the maintenance area, which was devoid of its usual 'staff only' signs.
"The plot thickens..." Brandon said with a knowing smile.
He noticed in a corner of the room that there was a large square ventilation shaft screwed into the wall.

"I'll have to crouch down, but I bet I can make it."
Taking a screwdriver, he patiently unscrewed the four screws and set them on the table by the toolbox before laying the screwdriver back inside. Crouching down, he moved through on his hands and knees as he looked around for the yellow ribbon. The vents went all over the resort, so there was a possibility that he could be in there for hours. He hoped that Angel would have some ideas and look into them, as well, while she waited. Crawling along in there, he also hoped that the ventilation wasn't weak in any spot, as he didn't want to crash through it onto the floor.

As they walked, Valerie took some pictures on her phone of the beautiful scenery. She took some selfies with Mika, not realizing how long her hair had gotten even in ponytails.
"Wow, you've got enough for a second cape there," she said with a little bit of a mischievous look.
Afterwards, she smiled genuinely though.
"Your hair really is gorgeous, though, especially in the sunlight."
They continued walking along, ending up on a walking trail with more beautiful views and shady trees to keep them cool.

Angel would just go herself then to relax a bit, going to sit down at the beach near of the busy places and next to some bars around the place as she finally did sit for awhile.

“ been thinking of cutting and changing maybe...” giving a shrug as fixed her hair into one long ponytail with a sigh seeing it was a bit too long anyway, following with her still as she used her phone for things like that as well before moving on.

Brandon spent the rest of the day searching through vents in all of the buildings. Finally, as the sun was starting to set into evening, he found the yellow ribbon he was looking for in the vent of the athletics building. Heading back to his hotel room, he showered and changed clothes before finding Angel near one of the bars on the main drag.
"I was right," he said with a smile as he added the ninth yellow ribbon to their collection.
Sitting down, he ordered a rum and coke and drank its icy goodness when it arrived.
"We should get the others together and do a tour."

Valerie nodded.
"Well, I'm sure it will look cute however you decide to do it."
After they had taken several pictures, Valerie decided to go shopping for some souvenirs. She bought a few cheap ones and left the store after the business was done. She then sat down at a sidewalk cafe place and waved as she saw Brandon and Angel coming.
"Hey, over here!"

“ that still is dumb as hell...” really seeing how dumb the damn idea was but not caring as she didn’t do anything of course, relaxing with him now and leaned back against the table with her phone. “ well yeah maybe then.” Though still not noticing the others.

Mika would mostly do the same then, her hands going slipping to wear her jacket and into the pockets though still keeping it unzipped before sitting and looking around.

Brandon looked over and saw Valerie and Mika with his little sister waving at them.
"Hey, there are the girls."
He walked over with Angel and the two sat down.
"We should get Belle and Kari and do a group tour. We can still do the evening into night tour."
Valerie thought that was a great idea and was onboard with it.

“ hmm wonder what it is though...” deciding to ask anyway then what tour they would be eventually getting if they did find one. “ probably gonna be bad later if I’m sleeping.” Of course warning her more that it would be hard to get the girl to get up and walk up to their room then, looking like she would be drunk or zombie than being tired as hell.

“ well hope it isn’t too bad and long..” angel giving a shrug as she sat back with her phone to still relax.

"Let's check it out," Brandon said.
He got up with Valerie and they got Angel and Mika going. Meeting up with Belle and Kari, the six friends found a tour group that was going to be going across the city. They got into a big tour bus with circular windows instead of rectangular ones for easier viewing. After everyone was on the bus, it began moving through the city, showing them picturesque views around the resort until moving outward into the actual city itself. They were in the old town section right now, where old churches from European colonialism and old forts still existed next to new and modern buildings. Valerie took several good pictures with her phone on her side while Brandon did the same thing on his. Several locals waved and smiled at the bus, thankful for the tourism that was gradually giving them the money to make the whole city as nice as the resort area due to urban renewal.

Mika zipped her jacket with a stretch and yawn as she sat down, taking pictures with everyone else as they saw the different things and exploring, always trying to buy something herself at least like everyone else too being the keychains as they were easier to keep anyway than anything else.

Angel would be sitting in her seat looking out and listening to the tour, leaning back with her hands in the pockets of her jackets and listening to some music but leaving one ear to hear them, sometimes imagining about the places more back then.

Belle was obviously the same as everyone else, right now only caring much for everything that he had never seen before. It was a cool contrast to see what other people had grown up with living here than him having everything when he was born with school and everything else, wondering what kind of other things they would be doing even if it was obvious to hear it than actually do it yourself being so much more completely different and cooler for him.

The bus finished moving through the city and went into the outskirts. From there, it followed a dirt road that led into a rainforest. The rainforest was protected land like a national park, and offered breathtaking views of local wildlife. Several colorful birds sang their songs as they flitted from branch to branch, and monkeys hung down from trees to get a glimpse of the metal behemoth as it passed through. At one point, the canopy was so thick that it blotted out the evening sun and seemed like night before they emerged out of the forest back into daylight. Brandon and Valerie had gotten several awesome pictures and couldn't wait for the next location on the tour.

Everyone would be relaxing and doing the same, Mika laying back more from feeling tired already with belle still taking some pictures and finally with angel listening to the tour itself seeing how cool it was to see animals like that still active at night than what she would really expect much before the others went back to listening as well once there was still a small bit of change in the scenery more with the thickness of the trees and other things blocking anything for a little while before again going back for pictures and listening.

The tour bus continued before they parked at a small dock area, where a medium-sized wooden sailing vessel with a glass canopy was waiting for them. The glass was so transparent that everyone could see in a 360 degree angle around them, including a reinforced glass bottom for fish watching. The tour group boarded and they were soon setting off down the river. The tour guide, a local named Juan Valencia, smiled and began the tour speech.
"On the left, you can see local fisherman fishing out the more than 400 species that call this river home. These men are subsistence fishing, and some of what they catch will feed them tonight, while others will be kept for special occasions."

Juan chuckled a bit.
"Further upriver in the opposite direction we are traveling are small sharks that can get very aggressive during mating season. The locals stay away, though some sport fishermen will occasionally take boats to hunt the sharks."
The boat continued traveling downriver, offering amazing views of wildlife and local people living their lives in a river village. Several children of different skin colors who were playing soccer stopped and ran up to the bank, waving happily and smiling at the tourists. Brandon waved back with others and snapped a picture.

Kari was happy to see such a diverse village with so many happy children. After taking pictures of them, she got an awesome picture of tropical fish passing under the boat. When the boat stopped, several other locals had prepared a meal for them thanks to fishermen working for the tourist agency. All of the locals were invited, and this was a great chance for tourists to talk to real people and really experience the culture that they were visiting. Valerie was feeling hungry, so she was really looking forward to it. The group joined the rest of the tourists as the locals began a welcoming ceremony.

The three looked around as well with all of them mostly taking a pic of everything as they would be pointed out with belle and angel mostly listening more to the facts of the guide but still looking around a bit incense they had a view of everything as Mika took a bit more with her phone before leaning back and just waiting or just looking down when there would be something. Finally they would all get down as everyone would stand up with Mika’s stomach already being heard now and belle waiting casually with his hands in his pockets and finally angel using her phone a bit before looking up and putting it away as everyone would finally move down the new area. “ hmm wonder if there’s anything deeper or is this the only good area.” As Mika would wonder what the land would really be like around here before all the other buildings away from the village were built anyway.

“ and this will always remind me of the luau stuff in Hawaii but different then.” As angel would say and belle just followed then.

Brandon watched as the locals performed a traditional greeting as part of their welcoming ceremony. The tour guide listened as an old man in traditional garb, the village chief, spoke to him in his language.
"The chief has formally welcomed everyone to the village, and invites you all to join them for the traditional feast," the guide translated for them.
The chief smiled and the dancers and speakers finished up their greeting as Kari took pictures and a short video before everybody was invited further into the village. They went to the Town Hall, where several banquet tables had been set up and were laden with food. All of it looked so delicious, and Brandon felt very hungry.

The tour guide turned to the group with a smile.
"Everyone, please feel free to sit where you would like and mingle as you will. May this sacred traditional feast give you an appreciation for the bounty of the land, and a sense of peace and goodwill."
Brandon took a seat and got a plate to put some food on.
"Wow, they really prepared quite a feast."
Valerie and Kari also got plates and began to get some food, really enjoying the warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Everyone continued to mostly move quietly and follow with belle and Mika looking around as angel would try to layout the different areas and of course where mostly everything was to see or go to explore a bit. Belle would pull an earphone from his ear while still leaving one as he did the same and took pictures of All the areas close by as well, before they all would head out to finally eat. Eventually they would all sit and finally eat as Mika stretched and yawned and the others relaxed with belle shaking his head a bit to a song that he was now listening as he slipped the line back to his pocket and started to eat.

“ like a different luau kinda.” Mika would think obviously being something like this especially since she had traveled to Hawaii herself a ton of times and even had the odd time of last year and the year before of going exactly there twice in a row during Christmas. Angel and belle would continue eating then before either sitting on their phone as they would wait at least or get just one more plate of food before being done themselves.

Brandon and Valerie enjoyed eating all of the delicious food. After he was done eating, Brandon went over to Angel and gently slipped his arm around her waist.
"It's a beautiful village. I'm glad we took the tour."
Valerie and Kari took several pictures on their phones, really enjoying the scenery. With the meal over, everyone would be heading back to the resort soon.

Back
Top Bottom