Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vacation is Here (Grave and Wiki)

Brandon woke up and decided to leave a still sleeping Angel to wake up when she was ready. Changing into some beach clothes, he headed there and rented a surfboard. Paddling out to the wave, he stood up and rode along it as it started to crest. Although he had never surfed much before, he was having a great time. When the wave crashed, he rode the board to shore and pumped his fist in excitement. Having surfed his first wave, he turned and waited for the waves to be good for surfing again.

Valerie woke up not long after Brandon did and also got changed before heading to the beach. While Brandon surfed, she went to the other side of the beach and swam around. Not many people were here at this early morning hour, so it was a good time to get some private swimming in. Knifing through the water, Valerie smiled as she enjoyed the opportunity to stretch her legs and have fun.

Kari work up before Belle and put on a robe to head downstairs. Getting a couple cups of coffee, she headed upstairs and set Belle's down on the bedside table. Sitting by herself on the balcony, she looked over the ocean as the sun was coming up. Sipping her coffee, she thought that the scene couldn't have looked any more like paradise.

Angel finally woke up as she rubbed her eyes with a yawn and a sigh before getting up for the bathroom and then then the shower. Dressing up and putting on a jacket she went down to eat before just sitting for a bit to relax after.

Mika would wake up as well now, going for the shower and eating before coming back and just watching tv for a while again as she didn’t know what to even really do at all right now.

Belle soon turned as he was still sleeping, covering himself over the blanket before eventually waking up with a yawn and looking around as he went over to the bathroom the back to the bed to lay down and put the tv on as well as finally take the cup before turning to see her outside, letting the girl just be herself for now.

Brandon enjoyed surfing the waves for a bit before returning the surfboard. After he dried off, he headed inside to get a bite to eat. There he found Angel already eating and sat down to have some fruit.
"Only you would wear a jacket in a tropical climate," he said with a chuckle.
After eating a bowl of mixed fruit, he looked at her again.
"So, what do you feel like doing today?"

Valerie woke up and got together before leaving the bathroom to find Mika sitting on the bed watching TV. She looked bored and like she didn't know what to do with herself. Smiling mischievously, Valerie plopped down next to her. She then reached out and began to tickle her, giggling as she did so.

Kari looked over and smiled as Belle relaxed and had some coffee like she did. After she finished her cup of coffee, she placed it on the bedside table and went into the bathroom to get dressed.
"I'm going to head downstairs and see what's going on. I'll see you in a bit."
She kissed his cheek and left the room. Taking the elevator downstairs, she was interested to see what kind of spa facilities the resort had.

The girl stuck out her tongue as she slipped her arms out of the jacket and let it sit on her shoulders still wearing it as she leaned back with a stretch. “ don’t even know, probably gonna look around for cafes here or something, maybe just even buy some snacks for later...” standing up and crossing her arms as she would already turn and go then not caring if he would be rushed to follow or not.

Mika scrunched herself up already being able to cover herself completely and not really feel it at all as she slowly moved under the blanket then for a moment before waiting to even stop and sitting up again.

Belle would just sit and lay for a little while then as he just felt really lazy for now before deciding to change and go down himself to explore the other random places of the resort itself.

Everyone wandered around for a while until there was an announcement heard over the resort loudspeaker.
"All guests, please report to the ballroom. Repeat, all guests, please report to the ballroom."
Once the six friends and everyone else had reported to the ballroom with the other guests, they saw at the podium a tall, muscular man with tanned skin wearing a crisp white suit and tie. This was the owner of the resort, Ricardo Cabana.
"My guests, I have called you here so that you might participate in this year's resort scavenger hunt."

"In a moment, my employees will group you into teams of two and pass out ten laminated index cards containing clues. The location of the clue will be marked with a small blue ribbon that was tied to it last night. The first team to return to the ballroom with all ten ribbons will receive a cash prize of $10,000 American dollars, or the equivalent amount payable in other currency. The ribbons can be found both within the resort and in the town outside, so be sure to look carefully. The time limit for finding all of the clues is two days, and after this allotted time has passed, if no one has found the clues, the team with the most ribbons will be declared the winner and receive a consolation prize. To discourage cheating, which we have had a problem with in the past, the ribbons are marked with the official resort seal which cannot be duplicated by outside printers. In addition to this, any teams discovered to be actively interfering with another team's attempt to win will be automatically disqualified. Are there any questions before we begin?"

One man raised his hand.
"Yes, sir? What is your question?"
"What happens if two teams have the same number of ribbons when time is called? Also, what happens if two teams show up with ten ribbons at the same time?"
"In the event that there is a tie when time is called, all the teams that tie will receive a consolation prize. If more than one team arrives with all ten clues at the same time, the $10,000 prize money will be divided equally among them. Any other questions before we begin?"

With no other questions, the employees paired up the guests and began passing out cards. Among the six friends, they were paired together as expected, with Brandon and Angel on one team, Valerie and Mika on another team, and Belle and Kari on the third team. Once the index cards had all been passed out, Brandon read the first clue.
"I can be found where the man tips his hat toward the horizon."
Brandon thought it over.
"Well, the obvious first stop is to check any hat shops in the area."
The two began heading toward the resort shop, with other teams heading there and into town.

Soon everyone moved in as they quietly listened with angel crossing her arms as she had come back to the room to change into her biker-esque outfit she wore at the club to show off but also just liking it in general anyway with Mika and belle wearing their regular outfits. Mika sighed quietly knowing of course there was no way they could be even as fast as most of the other people with belle crossing his arms casually like angel and not really caring or worrying but would at least try to win of course.

Moving off angel looked over at him as she thought about it for a moment, “ I guess or I was thinking the easiest and simplest would be there has to be like a cowboy statue or something similar to that somewhere in the city. There always has to be a legendary hero like in the stories like that...” as they all finally made it to the edge of town at least so they could start.

Brandon checked the resort's shops, starting with the hat shop and then moving around to others. When he found no sign of any man tipping his hat, he went into town to check the shops there. However, there was nothing until he stumbled across the last shop. On the sign above, there was a man tipping his hat in the direction of the horizon. Animatronics made the sign tip and put its hat back on in perpetual movement.
"Up there. Maybe there's a ribbon on that sign."
Brandon climbed the ladder and approached the sign, but there was no blue ribbon tied anywhere.

"Hmm, well this has to be it. I wonder if we're missing something."
As he looked over, he saw that the shadow of the sign was being cast on a nearby building.
"Ah, that must be what it is. With that shadow, it really does look like a man tipping his hat toward the horizon."
Brandon climbed down the ladder and entered the next building over, taking the elevator to the roof.

On the roof, he smiled as he saw a blue ribbon tied to a small smokestack. Untying it, he placed it in his pocket.
"Cool. That's one down and nine to go."
Taking a look at the paper, he read the next clue.
"I can be found where the golden whale swims."

Angel mostly followed him, of course looking in a few places herself as she could help with not having to worry about anymore msotly obvious possibilities before turning to follow him as she crossed her arms and waited before they had the next one. "hmm was thinking the famouse beaches, or bridges if theres anything near us. Obvious thats its somewhere with lots of water.' giving her own small bit of info as she looked around just a bit to see if there was anything nearby just a couple of miles that she could see it then.

Brandon nodded.
"Yeah, the clue definitely indicates somewhere near water."
They walked around to the beaches, but there was nothing anywhere that resembled a whale. They reached the last bridge that they had not searched, but still saw nothing. However, as the evening sun started to set, the lights on the bridge came on, their reflection on the water resembled a golden whale.
"There!"

They made their way around to the bridge and began looking around for a blue ribbon. Seeing it tied to a light pole, Brandon untied it and put it in his pocket.
"Awesome, that's two of them now."
He looked down at the third clue and started to read it.
"I can be found in old salvation."
Brandon thought about this clue, thinking that it referred to a church or a mission house of some kind.

Angel continued to follow next to him, at least seeing they got to explore a bit of the place then before looking over and hearing about the next ribbon. “ hmm could be a number of things, I was thinking it could mean something that saved the city like a statue of someone or something, maybe one of the oldest hospitals still today, maybe a mission.” Giving some obvious answers but thinking with the first there had to be a more famous statue somewhere else around there where it might apply.

Brandon thought about that.
"Hmm, you may be right about it referring to a hero that saved the city or something like that. Let's check that angle first."
Brandon and Angel went around the city,finding old statues of famous local figures and checking out some local museums. When that failed to pan out, they checked the library, focusing on biographies of famous local figures. Brandon had hoped to find a ribbon acting as a bookmark, but there was nothing of the sort. When they left the library, he was sure that they were on the wrong trail.

"Well, that angle failed to pan out. Let's check the churches and mission houses now."
They checked around at each one, and had scoured the city for them pretty soon. In the last church that they entered, which just happened to be the oldest church in the city, they found the ribbon on the speaking pulpit, acting as a bookmark for a book of hymns.
"Nice, let's check out the next clue."
After placing the ribbon in his pocket, he read the next clue card.

"Where the minotaur roams, that is where you will find me."
Brandon thought about this clue.
"The minotaur is a beast from Greek myth, hardly a local creation. I didn't see any minotaur statues when we went looking earlier, did you?"
Thinking that it might be referring to a Greek restaurant or shop, they began to search the city. This was a tougher clue that left them little to go on.

Eventually as they walked she collapsed, “ ahhhh I can’t even walk anymore this is stupid!!” She whined with a pout on her face. “ it should be kind of obvious that they talk about usually a catacomb or a hidden underground maze they found. It’s just like how they found the tomb with the terra-cotta warriors and stuff in China.” Stretching her arms out, “ you should carry me then...”

Brandon turned as Angel collapsed from all of the walking. He listened as she said that they should look for a catacomb or a maze.
"Well, the minotaur roamed the maze in the legend of Theseus, but where are we going to find a maze on this island?"
Angel then stretched her arms out and suggested he carry her.
"Okay, babe."
Brandon lifted Angel up and positioned her so that she was riding on his back with her arms wrapped around his neck.

"I'm going to see if there are any Greek stores or bookstores in general around here."
They went to a couple bookstores, but there was no ribbon there. With that possibility exhausted, he decided to go back to the library. They searched around there and found the ribbon in a book of Greek myths, actually marking the story of Theseus and the minotaur. Putting away the ribbon, he looked at the next clue.
"I can be found where the swords of yesterday shine anew."

“Could be an old blacksmith around here, or maybe a museum, these aren’t even hard at all like seriously, it was just about which possibility to check first.” Laying her head on his shoulder as he carried her around. “ but I guess it’s better than doing anything else.” Giving a pout as she just really wanted to go back then as she already doubted that with the time it took just looking that they might even lose already.

Brandon nodded.
"Yeah, it could be a museum or blacksmith."
He chuckled as Angel said that the clues weren't hard to figure out.
"Well, we're only on the fifth clue. They probably get harder as we get closer to the tenth and final clue."
Still carrying Angel on his back, he went to check on the museums and blacksmith shops.

“ still thought they would make it hard anyway for everything.” Shrugging as she laid her head against his shoulder as he continued to carry her. “ I hate this stuff, there’s no chance we can really win, just hoping someone in our group can do it maybe.” Looking around herself of course as they started to move through again.

Brandon looked back at her as he walked.
"Well, they don't want to make it too hard or no one would ever finish the competition. Besides, we don't know that we won't win this thing. Let's not give up until the end."
They checked out museums and sword shops, but there was no sign of a ribbon. Checking all of the most obvious places yielded them nothing.

Brandon had to use the bathroom, so they stepped into a local church so that he could do so. When he came out, he saw the sun shining through the stained-glass windows. On the wall were what resembled old swords, and they had been revealed by the shining of the sun. Going into the seating area, he saw the ribbon taped to a church bench.
"That was definitely an unexpected place."
Pocketing the ribbon, Brandon read the next clue.
"I can be found where the sun sleeps."

Getting off him as he went to the bathroom angel gave a yawn and a stretch, her breasts even bouncing a bit with how far she leaned back with that stretch then leaned forward before standing straight again. “ don’t know but was even thinking a sun dial or something.” Giving a random guess as she walked outside at least before looking around dabs thinking a bit.

Last edited:
Brandon nodded.
"A sundial is a possibility, but I'm not sure about that."
They left the church and began to search around town. There were some shops that had sun in the name, but none had a ribbon anywhere. They checked a museum to see if a sundial had been the clue, but this was a dead end, as well. It was clear that they had run across the first very tough clue.

Eventually she stopped and rested again, “ jeez...it’s probably gonna be dark soon anyway, though I was think this would be kind of literal at least from a logical view but probably not. Where the sun sleeps I was thinking that if you look at it like that...” standing and facing one of the stores in front of her with her back being toward the cruise ship if they remembered the dock behind them, “ I was thinking it would refer to one side of the town maybe like the sun would be going from left to right and the sun sleeps and disappears to the right as the moon rises on the left so I was thinking it has to be somewhere on the right side maybe? I feel like that would be a bit logical not to be looking in this side now then unless I’m even overthinking but still...” giving a nervous chuckle and embarrassed blush.

Wonder if anyone else has even found the others referring to of course the others in the group then as she sat down again to think.

Brandon listened as Angel laid out her theory of what the clue meant.
"You may be on to something there. It can't hurt to check."
He thought her nervous laughter and bush were cute, and thought it wasn't often that he saw this girlish side of her.
"I think the others got a different set of clues, since there was only one ribbon at each of our solutions. If anyone had found all ten, I'm sure we would have been informed."

Brandon and Angel went to the other side of town and looked everywhere for any clues related to the Sun. However, they found nothing and had ended up in a graveyard, not exactly the best place to be when the sun is going down. As Brandon headed for the exit gate, he spotted a strange decoration on a tombstone. Rushing over to it, he saw that it belonged to a Ms. Bernadine Heller, who had been born in 1926 and had passed away in 2016. On the right side of the tombstone was a sun, which carried the inscription, 'she lit up the world like the Sun'. Tied behind the tombstone was the blue ribbon they were seeking.

Brandon untied it and pocketed it.
"So that's what they meant by sleep, the 'eternal slumber' of the dead."
He thought that someone had loved Ms. Heller very much, and respectfully withdrew from the cemetary.
"Let's see what the next clue is."
Brandon read over it a moment.
"Look for me in the land of milk and honey."

“H-hey! I was right!” Seeing the location itself and very much cutting their search time maybe even by half by not having to look at a now empty part or place in the side of the town still pretty close to the resort itself. “ and my logic was kind of right too to give us a narrower and closer starting point!” Oddly blushing still as she wasn’t used to being a somewhat logically tactical genius with what she just did.

Soon she waited for him to say the next clue before crossing her arms and tilting her head slightly being casual. “ hmmm might not know.”

Brandon looked over at her and smiled.
"Yeah, you were very helpful on that last clue."
Looking at the clue, he thought it over.
"Hmm, the land of milk and honey was supposed to be a miraculous land for weary travelers. With such a vague clue, I'm not sure where to look, honestly."
He set off with Angel to look around the more forested areas of the island, with Brandon thinking maybe the ribbon would be in a clearing that resembled the valley that the fabled land was supposed to be in.

“I did a thing!!” She so followed him again, “ well kind of dumb...” giving a shrug “but I just had the funny and weird idea that the land is a place and it could mostly refer to anything. Would be funny and weird if it was maybe a top bakery here or something, or maybe the bakery at the resort.” Crossing her arms with a yawn as she looked around as the girl followed.

Brandon thought about Angel's suggestion that it might be a bakery.
"Hmm, could be worth a try. My idea's not panning out, so it won't hurt to check."
They checked several of the local bakeries in town, but none had a ribbon. When they got back to the resort bakery, however, there was a ribbon tied around a napkin dispenser on a table.
"Well I'll be damned, you were right."

After putting the ribbon in his pocket, he began to read the eighth clue.
"I can be found where history comes to life."
Brandon smirked, as the clue seemed deceptively easy. It seemed to refer to a museum or library, but perhaps that was what the clue maker wanted the person to think and it was actually something different.
"Hmm, you've done well on previous clues. What do you think this one means, Angel?"

Back
Top Bottom