♫ HM:MM - LUCKY ~ ♪ | Misanthropiclove

The first thing he had to realize was that his ears weren’t ringing. That was a good sign, in Ian’s opinion, as that meant that the gunshot hadn’t been close enough to them. From that, he could deduce that the person who had fired the gun couldn’t have been close enough that they’d fire directly at Samuel or himself—somewhere like near the window would have caused a louder noise.

His thoughts were snapped out yet again, this time by the frantic movements of his lover. Without being able to get up to go check the door, he was grabbed in a tangle of limbs and blankets, before he found himself impacting on the ground with Samuel nearly hovering over him. “Samuel, wait!” he cried out, trying to grab for Samuel as the dark haired male flung himself towards the door to get the dog.

As much as he wanted to protect Lucky, he wanted to protect his lover as well. There was a bark outside, the dog having been shocked by the loud sound. Lucky was barking loudly, running around randomly until he heard his name called and the scrappy master was trying to get him to come in. The dog ran towards Samuel and barked, circling around Samuel and then rushing into the house to find the gentler one.

Ian sighed with frustration and gently pushed Lucky aside, before standing up and grabbing boxers—one of which he threw to Samuel’s head. “Come on, let’s get dressed. The gunshot couldn’t have been that close to us…” he muttered, heart hammering as he tried to remain calm. Licking his lips and biting down on the bottom lip as a nervous gesture, he inched towards the door and peered out.

Neighbors and plenty of town folks were peering out from wherever they came from as well, curious and frightened at the sound. It wasn’t uncommon for people to own guns in the village, but it was uncommon to hear one fired. There were murmurs that rippled along small groups that had gathered, each muttering about how the shot had sounded near the mayor’s house in some way. The said house wasn’t that close to them, but it was within eye-distance from where Ian and Samuel were.

The brunette linked their hands and squeezed, almost trying to lessen the fright he had in him, and to make sure that if he needed to, he could yank Samuel out of rang for any reason. “Should… should we go check it out?” he asked softly, a bit hesitantly, despite the fact that they should be worried for the mayor and his daughter.

Samuel gave Lucky a hug when he came in and allowed him to run about in circles before the dog went to check on Ian. He closed the door when Lucky was safe, not really caring what the other neighbors were doing. He settled into a chair and sighed out as he looked at Ian and Lucky. Okay, there was no other shot. It didn't seem to be close. His balls were resting against the seat. He had gone outside. Damn.

Samuel said nothing until the boxers were given to him. He slid them on and pointed to his cane, "Hand my cane to me, please." He waited for it and stood up to place his boxers on. He went over to the clothing and slid a shirt on and also hobbled to get Lucky's leash. He clicked it on and watched Ian at the door. He slipped the leash over his cane and gripped both when Ian took his hand.

"I...I think we should at least go and see what it is. Someone might be hurt." He would walk with Ian and notice all the other neighbors. This probably looked odd, two men with boxers on and a dog walking towards some sort of gunshot. Samuel had a slight twinge of nervousness, probably because he wasn't white and thus didn't always stick his nose in where it didn't belong. Still, he was curious and they had already left the farm.

He clenched Ian's hand as he kept Lucky close by so the dog didn't end up running off and dragging his cane away. That could be problematic for all sorts of reasons. Samuel did hope that no one was seriously hurt. Maybe a gun had gone off when someone was loading it, or it had fallen and gone off. There were all sorts of reasons for what could have caused the gunshot, really.

Biting down on his bottom lip, Ian stared outwards towards the major’s house and squeezed Samuel’s hand. The brunette wasn’t afraid, per se, but he did worry that with the other male’s bad ankle, if they needed to run, they wouldn’t be able to. “Um…” he paused for a moment, glancing down at other’s ankle briefly. He knew they should do something—that it was the right thing to do to try and be good Samaritans. Even still, there was a moment of hesitance for their own safety.

The moment slowly passed, causing him to take a deep breath. “All right… let’s leave Lucky at home… just incase.” he muttered, moving towards the dog to usher him into the bathroom. Once secured in the fact that Lucky wouldn’t find his way out of the house and into danger, he wandered his way towards the drawers and found some clothes for them. Simple jeans and shirts would do, which he handed Samuel a pair and began to dress. Whether or not Samuel needed help, Ian found himself knelt before his lover and helping him shuffle on the jeans.

Once they were prepared to leave the house without getting stoned, he wandered them towards the mayor’s house. Other town folks were also nearby, none of which daringly enough to enter into the house before the sheriff though. Many of the giggly and bubbly girls were further back, huddling around the mayor’s daughter to keep her out of the house. She obviously wanted to check what was going on, as worry was etched over her features for her father and the situation. The girls for the most part, were giving them—Samuel rather—lavishing looks that didn’t fit the situation. Then again, Ian didn’t think it fitted any situation that he wanted to picture Samuel in.

At the door, he glanced over at the black haired male, as if wanting to be stopped. Someone eventually had to go check though, so he turned the doorknob—not surprising that it was unlock—and took a hesitant peek in. The halls were empty, but leading to the left was the office door ajar. To the right though, there was a black handgun, left as if dropped randomly in the hallway. No sign of struggle, no sign that there was anything amiss other than the gun.

“Well, at least we know no one’s injured…?” he noted, making a motion for his lover to stay there, despite knowing that Samuel would probably either not notice or care to listen. Ian wandered towards the door area though, wondering if the mayor was home at all. Inside, the mayor sat face-first at his desk, blood pooling out of the wound shot to his head.

The half scream of surprise that Ian let out was something he’d deny making later on.

Ian had some good ideas, it wouldn't do to go out walking in just boxers to what might be something dangerous. Or at the very least embarrassing. They also didn't want to place Lucky in any harm or else they would not have a sheep dog for when they gathered up all their future sheep. Plus he was just too adorable to risk being shot.

Samuel returned to the house with Ian and Lucky and released Lucky from the leash. He sat down to get a little bit of rest before the headed out and soon found Ian on the ground in front of him, "Ian, we don't have ti-oh." Samuel didn't complain any further as he was helped with his pants more from embarrassment of what he thought Ian was trying to do than any sense of humility. He stood up and zipped and buttoned his pants and felt much more impressive now than he had a moment ago.

"Okay, let's head out. Just stay close to me." Samuel spoke as if he was somehow going to save Ian from any type of misfortune that may come about. Of course at the moment it would be much more likely that Ian would have to save Samuel. Or at least be able to move faster than he was. Samuel was almost concerned that these people could not have waited until later in the day when he should be feeling better to have set the shot off, but no. Such rudeness.

As they walked through the town and he got all those looks from the girls Samuel felt oddly put out. He was definitely not wanting to be with any of these women; he had his Ian. Yet they seemed to be infatuated with him. Perhaps he and Ian should make their relationship a lot more open. That could at least stave off some of the impossible harpies that were gathering about.

The handgun they found didn't seem to be part of the normal routine. People had shotguns with birdshot or rifles that they hunted with in this part of the world. Handguns were just a complete unknown unless you wanted to sneak them in somewhere. Samuel wanted to pick it up but left it untouched just in case it was important where it lay.

Then Ian told him to stay put. Like hell that was going to happen. He might have a bum ankle for a little while but that didn't make him a complete invalid! He walked in with Ian and then gripped the man when he screamed like a little girl. "Ian, it's just a body. Calm down."

Samuel gave Ian a reassuring squeeze and went over to the mayor to make sure he was not living and that his dead body was, in fact, dead. With a little observation Samuel was pretty sure that the mayor was no longer among the living. "Ian, does this town have a police officer? We are going to need one."

He didn’t have a recollection of what exactly happened. But one moment, he was wandering into what looked like the mayor’s study, and the next, he was clinging to Samuel like some damsel in distress. For a brief moment, he was glad that Samuel didn’t listen to him and followed him. Because if he thought he looked a bit silly clinging to his lover, he knew he’d look ridiculous clinging to the door frame or whatever other object his body decided to become best friends with, without his permission.

Pressing his lips together and nodding fractionally, he allowed his arms to relax and release his captive prize. Oh god, he wants to get near it? Ian thought frantically, but steady his nerves and inched closer with the other male as well. Observation from the door indicated that the man was face-down and out of it. On closer inspection, with the strangely small pool of blood around the head, he wondered if the man had head-desked himself to death instead. “Police? Yeah, there was an officer back in to—”

“Detective, actually.” a deeper voice suddenly spoke up. It caused the brunette to jerk a bit in surprise, before making his way closer towards Samuel—when had he wandered a few feet away?—as if sticking together would save them. A man of large build, a bit of a portly build for his stature, with sharp eyes and what used to be black hair, but now flecking with white strands in his old age.

He looked healthy enough though, well as much as he could, and held up a camera to take pictures of the crime scene. Along with the camera, he was dressed in beige slacks and trench coat; a strangely cliché detective outfit. “It’s nice to see you again, Ian. This must be your friend that you had mentioned the previous day. Forgive me for a rude introduction. My name is Detective Betney. Larry Betney.” he held out his hand to shake Samuel’s, waiting for formal introductions despite the fact that there was a dead body before them.

There were other police officers, two not including the detective. The other two were wandering the house, searching for any other evidence of what could have caused the gunfire. The gun had been marked and kept on the ground, least it was in a significant placement. No sign of hostility before or after the gunshot it appeared, as the house was as dandy as could be. Meanwhile, the detective gave Samuel a warm smile, before motioning towards the Mayor’s body. “Such a fine fellow… he hadn’t been in this village for that long—just moved in a year before you two came along, in fact. But a nice man and a good mayor…” he noted, peering closer. “A shot to the back of his head… must have been far in range or something had obscured the bullet, as there isn’t a lot of blood letting, so the bullet must not have shot all the way through.” a gloved hand, motioned towards the back of Theodore’s head.

Samuel was confused. This was definitely different than he had expected of farm life, especially just after a few days. He could understand the planting of crops and getting a dog, but this was such a small town! Why would someone want to murder the mayor!? He looked at the detective with a bit of confusion, wondering how the man had responded so quickly to the shots. And where all the other people had come from. Did this town even have a police force this big?

Samuel moved closer to Ian and smiled a little, "Errr, well, we will be going then. Sorry if we disturbed anything, we were just curious, detective." He grinned a little nervously and decided that he wanted out of here, fast. As fast as his adorable hobbling could take him and his boyfriend.

"C-come on Ian." Samuel took Ian and hobbled out of the mayor's house and looked at the assembled people. Well, this sucked. Everyone of these people could have murdered the mayor. Samuel knew he hadn't done it and he knew Ian had been too conked out of his mind because of their sexual travails to have murdered anyway. He had even been awoken once by the post-coital snoring.

"I-I'm worried about Lucky, we should get back to the farm." The fact that they had just seen a dead body was finally catching up to Samuel. Much more likely was that they were surrounded by people who could be the murderer. He would answer questions if they were posed to him but otherwise just wanted to get back home and back to a normal life.

The brunette was slightly gaping at the crime scene that was unfolding. In truth, he hadn’t expected that there were these many police officers, but with their outfits and style of presenting themselves, they appeared a bit more uptight than the villagers. City officers, perhaps, but that made him question how they were able to one, get there so fast, and two, found out about a small village murder that fast.

He had no time to truly question them though, before Samuel hooked arms and nearly dragged him out. The fact that there had been a murder and he had been mere feet away from the dead body, made him rather numb to the idea. Ian swallowed hard as they were outside once more, the chilly morning air nipping at his flesh. The crops could wait for the day, as he was sure they would survive without a day of intense focus. “Um… we-we should.” he agreed, following his lover back to their house.

Lucky had been scratching and barking the entire time, not liking the fact that he was locked in the bathroom and had no way of knowing how his owners were doing. The dog barked louder each time, slightly frightening Ian as he opened the door. “Crap…” he muttered, waiting for Samuel to come in before closing the door. The dog must have clawed at the wooden door, as he could already hear the pawing at the weakened wood.

“Are you… all right? I mean… shit, who could have killed him?!” he called out in a slight panic, mind whirling with a touch of fright. Surely Samuel couldn’t have done it! But… unlike his lover, Ian couldn’t recall what the other male did for the entire night after he had passed out. Unconsciously, he couldn’t help but stare at Samuel with wide eyes.

Samuel sat and started playing with Lucky a little bit, entertaining the dog with some rubs and kind words, "I don't know who would have done it. We couldn't have, Lucky couldn't have..." He sighed and rubbed his head. This entire thing was just too odd for him. He had not expected a death in the little town, definitely not so soon after they moved in.

"Maybe...maybe someone was mad at him or just didn't like what he was doing to them. Someone close to him? Or someone he might have been taking their farmland from? I...I don't know. I never even MET the man, did you?" He looked rather concerned about all of this. He had thought farm life would be simple and mundane, not like some sort of cheesy murder mystery.

He gave a little start, rather confused that he had made that connection. He looked up at Ian and waved him closer, hugging the pale farmer when he came within reach. Samuel had never really thought much of humans until he had met this one. He didn't like the idea of ANYONE killing off humans in this small town because that meant sooner or later they would run out of victims and all that would be left was his darling Ian and maybe even himself as he looked human.

"Do you want to try and find out who did this? I could help you. I really do not want anyone out here killing people. I worry for you." He rested a hand on Ian's cheek and looked at his eyes, smiling a little, "It is a bit early but I want our relationship to last, not be ended at the barrel of a gun." He stroked Lucky, trying to keep the dog calm.

For a brief moment, he felt like he was being petted as Lucky was being petted. Ian knew he wasn’t someone’s pet, but at the same time, it felt as if he would wag his tail like an excited puppy if he had one. Shaking his head slightly to clear it, he rolled his shoulders in a shrug and peeked towards their door, as if someone would come barging in. “I don’t know, Samuel… murders are usually left in the hands of the police. I don’t even know what we can do but snoop around…” and while that was progress, he was sure that if they ran into the wrong person at the wrong time, a bullet to the face was the last thing they’d be worried about. Or rather, the first—this whole business was making his logic fail.

Lucky barked a few times, like he was agreeing with Samuel, and bounced around the room and sniffed the ground. The brunette was reminded of the children’s cartoon of the detective dog; Scooby-Doo. It made him chuckle a bit, standing up straighter to pat Samuel’s shoulder and moved towards the kitchen. The reason he had moved away from Samuel in the first place wasn’t because of the distraction or the murder though, but rather, because he had begun to blush at the statement the other male freely made. His masculinity took a shot as he unconsciously blushed, feeling excited and awkward at the thought that another man wanted to work with this relationship more than a few nights of hot sex.

To busy himself and keep his composure cool and collected, he pulled out one of the fish they had caught before and began to clean it. Fish for dinner wasn’t that surprising though, since it was going to be their staple for quite some time until they earned more money and the crops grew. “I… worry for you too, Samuel. And if we pursue this, what if we get in trouble? The police might not like us snooping, and even worse, while the barrel of the gun might aim at me, I’m sure the weaker one of us will be shot first.” the brunette hadn’t meant to be blunt or rude, but from the other side’s point of view, Ian would have to admit the truth. The murderer, if caught, would want to shoot and kill the easier one of the two first before giving chase to the other one—Samuel was still injured.

Samuel sighed and nodded, "You are right. Which means we can't go out looking around until tomorrow. Besides, people would probably be curious as we were the ones who discovered the body. It would be suspicious of us to go wandering about the town looking for clues, the police might think we were trying to cover things up. So, until I can run let's just do normal things on the farm and walk Lucky and do all sorts of stuff. Then tonight I can hold you and promise everything is all right."

He looked up at Ian and smiled a little. He was feeling rambunctious and like he wanted to run about and exert his energy. He also wanted to hug Ian tight and never let him go and make sure no one could ever hurt him and if they did he'd hunt them down and break their souls into little itty bitty pieces and spit on them. He just couldn't stand the idea of Ian being hurt.

He stood up and hobbled over to Ian and wrapped his arms around him, "Come on, let's go water those crops of yours." He smiled and gripped on tight as he helped Ian head towards the door, "Lucky, come boy, I'll play fetch with you and teach you all sorts of other puppy games!" He smiled as the dog barked and ran about in circles in his excitement.

Samuel went outside with Ian and located a stick. He made sure he stayed close to his lover as the man watered his plants and otherwise worked about his farm. He was not trustful of Ian going off on his own, some killer animal might come out of the woods or even some deranged killer.

That was when he saw the deadly beast. Samuel gasped and then yelled for Ian, "IAN, LOOK OUT!" He pointed just in time for a poor lost sheep to walk up and nuzzle Ian's pants and baa.

Wrapping the foil around the fish, he moved to wash his hands in the skin before he felt a pair of strong arms around him. It was an awkward fit in his mind, as they weren’t that much different in size. If one of them had been female, the mold would have worked out better, a smaller body of curves pressing up against muscle and a broad chest. However, something about knowing that the other person holding him was perhaps as strong as he was, made him unconsciously lean back. Not that he needed support.

“Hm… yeah, I suppose. This needs to marinade for a bit before we bake it anyways.” he informed, placing the wrapped fish into the fridge before grabbing for his supplies. Throwing the backpack over his shoulders, he happily followed his lover outside and towards the crop field. While they were at the city center, Ian had asked for the river-side to be kept cleared, so that he could plant crops there. It had a rich soil bedding and was close to the river for convenience and natural slosh of nutrients. Luckily, no one minded, as the area was unused either way.

So while Samuel busied himself with playing with Lucky, the brunette found himself working away and tending to the crops. The dog was as excited as any puppy on their day out, running around and barking with joy. Whenever Samuel would even just wave the stick, Lucky would jerk with attentive excitement and jumped slightly in preparation to fetch it if thrown. Despite his playful appearance, Lucky was a smart dog. Even still, while he was lost in his exhilaration, he spotted the beastly creature coming at Ian.

Beastly might not have been the best word though. Even still, he barked loudly, hoping to scare off whatever the large form of fluff was and protect his second master. However, it appeared that Lucky’s barking only scared the creature further, and it decided to seek protection from the form it was already heading towards.

Ian turned his heard sharply at Samuel’s cry, not exactly scared so much as surprised that his lover was shouting. It was then that he felt something butt against ass and the bleated sound joined Lucky’s barking. Instantly, he turned around and gave out what sounded like an unmanly squeal, but he would deny all claims it was anything but a masculine cry of surprise. In sync, the creature also gave a “BAAAAA!” in response to all the noise. It butting further between the farmer’s legs for protection, causing Ian to nearly bend in half to avoid it crushing his bits. “Ah! Oh god, wha-… damn it Samuel, it’s just a sheep.” he sighed, once he was able to get a good look at the creature nuzzling against him.

Slightly wrapping his arms around the sheep’s head and petting it at the same time, he wondered where it came from. Glancing up at the dark haired male, he just smirked and motioned for Samuel to come take a look at the ‘danger’. “Come on, you afraid of a little white ball of unprocessed cotton?” Ian teased, wiggling as the sheep nuzzled against him and slightly tickled him. “I wonder where he came from… he’s rather cute, don’t you think?”

Samuel watched the sheep viciously attack his lover and gave a look of horror as Ian gave a plaintive and girly shriek of what must have been some of the worst pain he had ever been in. Samuel was ready to run over when Ian seemed to stop being afraid and was more curious. Then he heard the explanation of that it was a "sheep" and thus not dangerous made Samuel rest. Of course, a sheep. He hadn't been able to see it clearly but he knew that sheep were generally not all that dangerous.

He walked over slowly, his stick helping him as he watched Lucky, "Lucky, hush up!"

The dog whined a little but did quiet up a little, though he was still sniffing the adorable sheep. The sheep didn't seem to mind, probably having been used to dogs before. It was very obvious the sheep had been part of someone's flock before. Samuel walked over and looked up at Ian and gave an embarrassed smile, "I'm sorry, I didn't see it very clearly. I thought it might have been something dangerous. I'm really sorry."

He looked down and gave a manly laugh, "Yeah, the little thing is a bit cute. He is obviously tamed though, look at how well he reacts to us. And Lucky. We should probably place a few fliers up around town and see if anyone is missing a sheep from their flock. If we don't hear back from anyone I guess we could keep him." Samuel rubbed the sheep a little and watched the adorable thing graze on grass. The puffball of wool and cute was indeed very adorable. He did wish they could keep it and spoil it and shear it with those little "burrrrrrr" sounds.

Samuel was so busy talking about the sheep that he didn't even notice that his worries about what was going on around town had vanished. There was no more murder, there was no more danger towards Ian, there was just the two men fretting and admiring a lost sheep. It was an adorable catharsis for Samuel, something that numbed his feelings of pain. He looked up at Ian and gave a rather wry grin, "So, Ian, why did you scream like a little girl when the sheep cuddled you? Afraid of close contact?"

He gave a little laugh at that, his eyes full of loving mischief. He did love Ian even if he screamed like a girl.

“I did not!” Ian instantly denied the accusation of him screaming like a girl. “It was um… a masculine cry of surprise.” he concluded, stepping back to give his crotch and the sheep’s face a bit of distance. The sheep bleated and took a step closer to him, nuzzling his hip with the strangely triangular head. It’s ears twitched as Lucky pressed closer to sniff at the wool, almost as if there was something to eat beyond that.

Well… there was something to eat, but the brunette figured that would be cruel to attempt to have lamb stew when the sheep willingly found its way towards them.

The farmer brushed at his own cheeks, making it seem like he needed to shake off the shock, but really just t hide his blush. “Um, I still need to go do the watering… do you think we should leave it here? Or… maybe this sheep belongs to someone else…” he peeked here and there on the sheep, brushing against its thick fur to see if there was a branding mark. The sheep bleated as if confused, before ‘charging’ at Samuel.

The livestock was only crotch high, so it wasn’t a surprise that it nearly head-butted the black haired male’s nuts. However, unlike the snuggle and nuzzle that the sheep had given Ian, it seemed to be hungry this time around.

It attempted to bite.

Samuel reacted with super kung fu reflexes and grabbed the sheep's collar, turning the beast away from his lover's groin. He snickered at everything Ian said and nodded, "Sure thing dear. Masculine cry of surprise. How could I have gotten it so wrong? It must have been the wind and the air pressure." He rubbed the sheep who looked rather indignant that it was not allowed it's groin hideaway.

"I will take the sheep here to the house with Lucky, you water your plants, okay?" He whistled to Lucky and began to hobble away with the sheep and a very excited dog. He'd check the sheepling for marks and signs of ownership and to see if it was at least a well rounded, unhurt sheep. The thing seemed a bit scared, it probably was unused to being away from it's flock for such a long time. The poor dear just needed comfort.

Samuel found some rope and made a makeshift harness for the sheep, dragging a chair out to sit beside the puffy white animal as it chewed on grass and was sniffed by a dog. Samuel checked and found no blemishes upon the sheep and it didn't seem malnourished. Perhaps there was just some wild flock that had been left unattended by some city folk turned farmer who had gotten them before deciding farming was just too much and ended up abandoning them for their town houses and suburbs. The little guy could have been separated. That and it'd solve the problem of why the sheep was so docile and unmarked. A city farmer might not know to brand.

"Poor little sheep. Don't worry. Ian and I will watch out for you. We will allow you to eat the grass on the farm and Lucky shall keep your stupidity from hurting you and will protect you from foxes. And we may even get a chicken that ends up nesting in your wool! That would be adorable, you could be a mobile nest!" He chuckled and rubbed the sheep while the glassy eyed animal ignored him for grass. It didn't need his attention now that it was being rubbed.

Lucky had taken enough time sniffing the sheep and was now running about, being a puppy. He would be good at herding the sheep, at least if trained. Samuel began to think of his theory of there being a whole herd of released sheep and wondered if Lucky could indeed sniff them out. They'd need a fence if they found a whole group of sheep, but, hey, a fence would pay for itself if it contained free sheep.

Ian went to water the crops, half wondering if Samuel even knew how to tend to livestock and half fearing that they were going to have lamb stew for dinner or something. He trusted that his lover wasn’t that mean to stray animals though, so he continued to water the crops at an even pace. The vegetables were starting to show leaves, which was a good thing. They were all green and vibrant little sprouts, which meant that he was taking care of them correctly. Perhaps once Samuel was completely stable on his legs, they would attempt to go into the mines to find some limestone to create fertilizer.

After a moment or two, he figured tending to them was enough, and began to head back towards the house. With the things packed, he chatted with a few people on the way back. They didn’t seem to be all too talkative about other things other than the murder, but that wasn’t something he could change. The detectives were still working on combing the area for clues, but it seemed like the villagers all had their suspicions and clues. The few he spoke to talked about how the new major, while he had been a likeable person, did have a few brunt bridges here and there.

With the strange information lingering in his mind, he reached home and saw that Samuel was still outside, petting the sheep. His lover looked a bit lost in thought, which made him chuckle at the cute image. “Keeping him company?” Ian asked as soon as he was in hearing range. Stepping up beside Samuel, he reached out and gave the sheep a gentle pat on the head as well, but careful to not disturb him from grazing on the grass that was part of the public property.

“Did you name him? We still don’t have a place for him… but I guess we can make a temporary fence for now and start building a small barn for him. I’m not sure we can afford that do… what do you think?” he asked, reaching out a hand to pet Samuel’s head as well, playfully as if he was petting two of his pets rather than a sheep and his boyfriend.

"Name? No, I didn't think of a name. I don't think I'd do well. I'd probably name him "Sheepy" or something. Then the rest of the herd like "Sheepster, Sheeplin, Sheepmeister" or other sheep related names. Maybe just "Sheepy one through fifteen or whatever." He chuckled, petting the adorable little sheep that was still grazing his heart out.

The idea of building a small fence did appeal to Samuel. They could keep a sheep! "Yes, let's build a fence! I should be able to help by the time we get the wood and we could have it finished before the night comes!" Samuel was ecstatic, having almost forgotten the murder that had gone on in the morning. He stood up and took Ian's hand before turning to Lucky, "Lucky, stay here and guard Sheepy. He can't protect himself and he is now your animal brother."

Lucky didn't seem to want to stay, but, surprisingly enough, he seemed to understand that he was not to go and to guard the wayward sheep. He seemed to be a very intelligent dog or maybe he had been trained before they had gotten him. Samuel was pleased with their energetic, rambunctious puppy.

Samuel grinned at Ian as they headed out, "Just don't squeal like a girl if the prices are too much, okay?" He wasn't going to let Ian live that girly, girly scream down at all. It had been adorable but since Ian had said he didn't scream that way it must mean he was hiding something. Or at least trying to save face in some super masculine way. "So, where do we buy wood?"

Ian glanced at Samuel once to glare at the other male, before checking that Lucky was indeed going to stay with the sheep. “Let’s name him… Wooly.” it wasn’t much different than calling him Sheepy, but at least it wasn’t the sheep variation that the dark haired male was going to go off on. Naming them after numbers with the same ‘first name’? That was going to get confusing quiet soon and he wasn’t sure he wanted to record that.

Because they needed to start recording things to keep track of them; he had an absent mind if he didn’t. The brunette refused to answer to the girly squealing comment at first, as he wasn’t going to get pulled into that. But the smug look on his lover’s face was annoying him and he caved. “Don’t squeal when you have to pay for the fence!” he half snapped, half pouted.

Realizing what he was doing, he shook his head and tried to grow up a few years rather than reverse to being five. “Maybe we can… find some? We have an axe in the tool box at home, so maybe we can make them.” he suggested, motioning towards a few thick branches on the ground around them and towards the old forest that no one entered to the side. The Mayor, before he died and all, had said that as a farmer, he could do many things with the land so long as it benefitted the villagers. Clearing out the dead forest and planting new trees later would be a good deed, no?

… then again, it would mean entering the forest to do so. “Er… not sure if we should… try to forest though. Maybe the killer is in there…” probably something on the lines of the chainsaw massacre. At that, he slowed down his steps and grabbed onto Samuel’s arm as if to stop him from progressing towards danger.

Samuel laughed when Ian spoke about paying for the fence, "Ian, I will happily help you with the fence. I feel that I need to support this farm just as much as you. Especially since I am going to be staying now." He looked at the forest when Ian spoke about picking up wood for a fence and his eyes lit up, "That is a great idea! I have a good amount of practice getting wood to look presentable and to shape it. I could easily build a fence if you got the wood."

He felt great until he started running what he said through his head, "Well, maybe not EASILY, but I could build a fence. A small one in a few days, it just won't be very stable." He nodded and thought about what he could do, "It would survive sheep, just perhaps not very big winds and a flood would completely annihilate it. It will work, just letting you know it won't be anything close to perfect. But it will be very, very free." With their current expenses, that was the best price range they could truly afford.

Samuel moved forward and found that his ankle was no longer bothering him. He checked it out a little bit and then stood on both feet with all his weight. Now this was great! "Oh stop worrying, Ian. Come on and let's go to the forest." He took the mans hand and walked in, dragging him along if need be. There could be a chainsaw murderer in the forest, of course, but it was much more likely they'd find a bunny or some deer.

Samuel decided venturing deep wasn't required. They only had one sheep at the moment and the herd, if there was one, couldn't be too big. This was such a farming community after all. He stood by a knocked over dead tree and pointed at it. "How about this one? You cut it all up and I'll haul the stuff back home for us. Then later today I can get started on making it fence worthy and later tomorrow start working on the fence."

The brunette half clung and half tugged against Samuel’s arm. The other male seemed determined to get them killed and Ian was just not in the mood to meet Jason, thank you very much.

But it just didn’t seem to matter, because while Ian thought himself to be a rather strong guy, Samuel proved else wise. His lover seemed to possess a strength that he had yet to encounter in all the random club fight’s he’s been in, in the city. Samuel easily dragged him along towards the suspicious woods – THAT BUNNY IS MURDEROUS! Why, the black haired male should have just thrown Ian over his shoulders and hauled him away; that’s how simple it seemed.

Well, okay, so he was exaggerating it. It was more like a drag against force that dug his heels into the earth and pulled up soil. But in the end, resistance was futile, because they were at the edge of the forest either way. “Well, I mean, I know that you probably have some skills that you’ve… gained over your life time. But still, this could be dangerous, Samuel. This isn’t the movies – we’re not going to find some pot of gold at the end of this rainbow.” he attempted to explain, but found what his boyfriend was saying seemed plausible.

They did need to make a fence for Woolie if they were to keep him though. Of course, ‘him’ was assuming that Woolie is a male… neither of them had checked. Not like they were going to tell the sheep to “spread em” for them to search the groin.

Once they stopped in front of a nearby tree, he stared up and down the trunk. Ian was so absorbed with the tree that he hadn’t even realized that Samuel was all but healed. Suspiciously in a fast time period. Almost inhuman…

Best not to tell that to his boyfriend, because isn’t that just a mood killer?

‘Oh, Samuel, I think you’re a freak of nature!’

‘Well, Ian. Fuck you. And not literally.’

And there went fucking in the barn. . .

Sad really.

“Right.” he stated out loud, giving a sharp nod of his head. It could have been agreeing to Samuel or confirming his thoughts, but either way, he pulled his axe out of his bag. With a wide swing that could have decapitated them both, he slammed the axe against the trunk and began to hack at that thing like it owed him money.

“So.” Chop. “How.” Hack. “Are.” Chop. “We.” Hackhackhack. “Going.” Chopchop. “To.” Hackchop. “Form.” Chop. “The.” Hack! “Fence?”

And timber~

The tree came crashing down to the side, taking out probably a few wildlife homes with it.

The doctor had said that Samuel would be better around today. The fact that Ian seemed to believe that meant his lover was some super powered mutant from Marvel was not Samuel's fault. Of course, it did completely go over his head that Ian might be having any odd thoughts about him.

He was also lucky that rains had made the ground rather muddy and Ian's reluctance less of a hindrance. The farmer almost glided through the mud, furrowed tracks following their passage and eroding the tracks Samuel made with the two lines. It would be easy to track them still, if only by the gouges left by reluctant white farmer boy, but it was an easy drag at least.

Samuel listened and nodded after the tree fell, "I have some tools. As I said, it will take me some time, but I will most likely be able to make it in a few days. Hmmm, now, to get this tree back." He tried to move it and found that that was not going to be possible. At least not in it's current incarnation as one huge bundle of wood. He looked at Ian and pointed at the tree, "Cut it lengthwise, just smaller pieces. I can drag those to the farm and come back for more and then once you finish we can work together and get all of this done."

He smiled, noticing the small amount of sweat on Ian. He figured he would end up sweaty as well, so very sweaty. He allowed himself a pleasant day dream as he watched Ian walk about to hack the tree up more, his mind wistfully unaware of any type of death or doom that might befall them. In fact, his mind was filled with a soaped up Ian blushing and covering his penis while Samuel coaxed him to relax and allow him to finger the poor, ashamed farmer. Samuel smiled and blushed a tiny bit, his body getting the signs of being worked up.

Then a little bunny hopped around where they were. Samuel snapped out of his reverie and turned to look at the rabbit, "Oh, hello there little fellow. Don't mind us, just taking a dead tree."

Following instructions, Ian moved over towards the fallen trunk and began to hack at it lengthwise. The snap of wood crackled along the somewhat silent forest, making it sound louder than it should. Sweat built up along his body, soaking into his tee-shirt in perhaps the most unappealing away. Ian hoped he didn’t stink, because wouldn’t that just be great? But as far as he could tell, there was no repugnant odor that would make Samuel run for the hills and hack out his lungs.

“Days? Do you think Woolie would be safe until then?” he wondered aloud, taking another harsh swing at the lumber. The brunette was blissfully unaware of his lover thinking about taking advantage of him, because if he knew, he’d get worked up as well.

While he worked away though, it seemed that another life form was in the mood to make contact with Samuel. The little bunny twitched its nose and gave the two a curious stare. To anyone that crossed its path, the rabbit could have given any look and they wouldn’t know the difference. But to the rabbit, it was giving a rather pissed look. The motherfuckers were taking out its home, after all.

“Samuel, are you talking to your prick?” Ian paused in his work to tease his boyfriend. Glancing over to the black haired male, he spotted the little rabbit as well and raised an eyebrow. It was so cute, he wanted to grab it and cuddle it and – “Want rabbit stew for dinner?” – have it for dinner. Placing the axe down, he walked closer towards the bunny, not truly having an evil intention. The creature hopped back a step or two; still glaring at them. If it could, it probably would have been giving them the finger. Instead, the bunny glared at Samuel, almost as if to scold him.

"Well, rabbit stew doesn't sound TOO bad. I do feel kind of bad for the bunny except he seems to be giving us the stink eye." Samuel gazed at the little black rabbit and shrugged. "He doesn't look like the cute, cuddly type of bunny. More like the vengeful, garden destroying type. I bet he'd make great stew."

He started thinking of what to do with Woolie during the nights. He might get cold and lonely out there with no one to stay with him. Perhaps they could camp out next to the sheep while the fence was being built. Did Ian have a tent? Well, they could get one. Samuel could probably wheedle one out of those girls who seemed to find him so wonderfully attractive if everything else failed. Unless they were too distraught from the murder. Perhaps asking for a tent would be seen as some type of admittance of guilt.

Samuel watched as Ian stalked the rabbit as stealthily as he could. Which, to say, was not very. Still, to see the sweat covered man run about was a nice diversion. Samuel still had to think of his ankle. It could get so hurt, so he had to watch as Ian ran back and forth with an axe and a very determined bunny. Samuel thought that rabbit would make a great diversion from all the fish they had been eating and decided to call up a little favor from those damnable fae who helped his mother and trip up the rabbit.

He closed his eyes as he saw the axe going down. Well, they were having stew. "Finish up with this piece of wood and I'll take the rabbit and wood back to the house. I'll also clean the bunny up for us to have tonight."

When the wood was cleaved off enough to be properly transportable Samuel placed the bunny on top of it and began the trip back to the farm. When he got close he heard an excited bark and sighed, "Lucky, stay with Woolie." The dog, of course, did not know who this "Woolie" was, as he was guarding Sheepy the First. The dog bounded up to Samuel and hopped around until he sniffed the dead rabbit.

"LUCKY, NO. THAT IS NOT FOR YOU NOW. GO TO THE SHEEP!" Samuel screamed, his eyes glaring at the dog.

Lucky whined and headed back over to the sheep, looking completely horrible and sad. He had meant to be a good dog but that bunny smelled so good. Samuel sighed and placed the wood down and picked up the rabbit, "Lucky, the sheep is named Woolie now. I have to go clean this rabbit. That means it should be safe for a while, why not go and check on Ian?"

The dog barked and rushed off, following the scent of girly screams and fear to find Ian and get all those wonderful pets he deserved.

For the next few minutes, Ian spent trying to chase the bunny for dinner. He was already sweaty, so it didn’t matter that he was sweating even more. The run wasn’t as long as it could have been, but he eventually trapped the rabbit in a small corner of bushes, and swung his axe when the bunny tripped. It was obviously not PG-13 for kiddies’ eyes, but it was dinner.

Once the rabbit was well bled out, he poked at it a few times to make sure, and then handed Samuel some rope. “All right, all right…” he agreed, giving Samuel a playful look. “Dictator.” he teased, before going back to work. Once the other male was completely out of the woods with the ankle, he was going to make the other male work like no tomorrow. In fact, he’d leave the stone breaking to Samuel. They’d need stone pieces when they would go to the carpenters to build their additional buildings, after all.

The wood splinters littered the forest floor, more piling on top of each other as Ian hacked the wood up into transportable pieces. After the entire trunk was done, which took hours – he needed to work out more and get more practice at this – they were set to tie the pieces together to drag home. Hauling as much as he could over his shoulders and some just tied with the rope, they both began to trek back with the first round of wood. Perhaps later he would try to get more, if need be.

The fact that Samuel was a bit faster than him made him puff indignantly, but then again, he had most of the wood to drag. So when he got there, he only heard a scream at Lucky and before long, the dog was racing towards him. “Lucky?” he called out, leaning down to wrap his arms around the pup and pet him. “Aw, did Samuel yell at you? I bet he’s just a bastard, isn’t he? Well, you can bite his bitch ass whenever you want then.” the brunette teased, nuzzling Lucky’s head and patting the dog’s back before sending it off.

Lucky barked happily at the permission it seemed, and by the time it was circling around Woolie’s area, it was giving Samuel a strange look.

“I’m going to drag these into the wood shed and then go take a quick rinse. We should get started on making the fence after lunch.” he stated, waving towards the dead rabbit in Samuel’s possession as a hint for him to do something about that. The rabbit was for dinner, but he still hadn’t started to flame cook the fish that he had prepared for lunch. He’ll let Samuel handle the meal while he went to take a nice warm bath.

Samuel found it rather odd that Ian could chop up so much wood so quickly. And that he was coming back with what seemed like just a little bit of the rest of the wood. He'd have to punish Ian for that. Samuel started to think how he could do this as he skinned the bunny, tossing the black fur over next to the sink so he could make something out of it later. Perhaps bunny socks. Or bunny mittens.

The rest of the rabbit was quickly cut into. Samuel whistled for Lucky and gave the dog all the parts of the rabbit that he wasn't going to be making food out of. The dog was quite pleased and figured that rabbits made for great hunting seeing as he got fed as well. Samuel then began to cut at the rabbit and release meat from the bones. His hands were soaked in blood and other less savory things when Ian came out. He turned and sighed, looking at the squeaky clean man, "You could have waited you know. I doubt any big, bad killers are in that forest."

He ripped out another bit of bone and soon had the entire skeleton right next to him. He tossed the bones into the trash and began to wash his hands, "Wash the meat off and start a stew. I'm going back for the rest of the wood. You should have lunch ready by the time I get back. Or, at least by the time I am done."

It would probably be a pretty poor stew by normal standards. They didn't have much to go in with it. But it would be food and both men needed food.

Samuel trekked off to the woods, rope trailing behind him. He whistled for Lucky as well as the dog would be great company. It took about an hour and a half but Samuel got the rest of the wood back to the farm. His ankle was a bit sore so he figured that he would stave off hard work, making Ian do any heavy lifting or intense manly activities. Perhaps he might even drop something on his foot and scream like a scared school child again.

Samuel walked into the house, his shirt plastered to his dark skin. The white shirt had given way to translucence and allowed Ian to see his hard nipples and delicious muscles underneath. His pants weren't nearly as clingy but they held the figure quite well. It was more than likely that his underwear was also just as see through as his shirt, if Ian wished to imagine that sight.

"Okay. All the wood is home. Now...give me a glass of water and some stew and I'll be fine."

It was true… Ian got lazy and only finished up part of it. He’d go back tomorrow to get the rest, he promised! But… it still didn’t explain today, so he decided to act as if the wood he had with him was it. Sadly, it seemed that before he was able to escape into the bathroom, he was caught red handed and old to prepare the dinner while Samuel went to get the rest of the wood. “Fine… but if you get massacred, then don’t come haunting me…” he mumbled, placing the wood into a cornered pile to make sure it didn’t dirty anything else.

Moving back towards the sink, he washed his hands and began to work on the stew. It’d take quite some time to stew into a delicious soup with tender, juicy meat. So they’d have the fish for lunch and then the stew should be ready by dinner. Ian washed the meat thoroughly and filled a pot with water. The stove was turned on low and he threw in a few vegetables that he had bought when he first came to the village. Soon, they’d have their own vegetables once the crops got going.

Samuel came back a few times to transport wood, but on the final time, Ian peeked over and liked what he saw. Firm muscles and nipples that just begged to be played with. The slip of the pants drew his eyes down the ‘v’ of the other male’s crotch, making him wish the pants were tighter so that it would frame certain anatomies.

“Um… I see that you’re still alive.” he attempted sarcasm, but it was lost as he was too distracted by the delicious sight before him. They both needed a bath now, so it was no time for dirty thoughts. Figuratively speaking.

A bit irked at being ordered around, he grabbed for a cup, filled it with water, and almost shoved it into the other male’s hands. “Show off. Couldn’t just wait for us to do it together tomorrow, could you? And no stew yet – we’ll be having fish for lunch. Stew won’t be ready until much later.” the brunette informed, flicking his boyfriend’s forehead in the process. “How’s your ankle? It just healed enough for you to walk without the crutch, so don’t strain it. I can’t afford to house two dogs freely, now can I?” he teased, giving a glance between Lucky and Samuel, before heading towards the bathroom for a bath with a small smirk at his own joke.

Back
Top Bottom