Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"We've been working on it," Jana sighed. "My Mom has been helping too, nobody really has an idea...despite having so many damned witnesses," she grumbled. "Something smells, and not just the cake shop they crashed into."

"Asked the Devil yet?" Eva grinned, she loved that guy...he loved her as well...a little too much. But she hadn't seen him since she left Turuga in the first place, maybe it was time to pay him a visit on this crazy goose chase. Then again, she had no idea where Mei was either...so at least the search was a little genuine?

"...The who?" Jana said curiously, brows furrowed. "Who the hell is that?"

"Joe...Devil Joe." Eva began with a smirk. "He's the worst guy ever, but he treats ladies well most of the time. He owns a mechanic business in Red, uses it to launder his drug money. He's apart of a gang too...maybe he knows something."

"...You're kidding me," Jana grimaced "That guy...? Ugh, he's such a pig..." Justin's father? No, never. "I am not going anywhere near that bastard."

"You know him?" Eva asked as she raised an eyebrow. That was curious, but she assumed that Jana didn't like him for the obvious reason that he was a pervert who skirted a fine line between a guy who liked younger girls and just a down right pedophile. "Guess it wasn't a good first impression. Come on, Jana. It's for Mei. You can talk to him for Mei, can't you?"

"...Only for Mei," Jana groused. "If he so much as undresses me with his eyes, I'm going to try to make his dick combust."

"Good luck with that, girlie." Eva said with an amused tone of voice as she started walking. "He doesn't do it to me...but I've seen him do it to other girls who are a little older than I am."

"He tried doing it when I hauled his son out," Jana muttered, walking beside her. "He's a creep, and deserves to be in prison. If only the world worked how I wanted it to."

"You're right. A lot of people should be in prison...like the boys responsible for killing my father." Eva began with a shrug. "But as long as you know the right people, you can stay out of trouble. Or if you kill the right person...people tend to turn their heads if they wanted them gone too. Isn't that the reason why Nicholas Trevlyn is out and about these days? Spent a few months in jail and all it took was some information he had for someone to get him out?" This was small talk for Eva...the way the world worked was a topic she couldn't help but comment on.

"Wasn't my, or Mei's call," Jana muttered. "He is also a scumbag, no matter what silver spoon he pukes out of his mouth. I don't know about Komoku either, you'd have to ask Mei...she's the one who deals with the council." she shrugged. "Honestly, at the time...we were so pressed for help, didn't have a lot of choice."

"You don't have to explain yourself to me. I don't care. The thing is, even if people get away with the crimes they committed, sooner or later it will catch up to them. Joe is pretty scummy...but he'll get whatever is coming to him eventually. Everyone does." Her hands fidgeted in her pockets, looking for something that wasn't there. Her eyes narrowed in minor annoyance before she looked at Jana. "Just like my father got what was coming to him..for all the enemies he made. That's what gets us in the end. Our enemies."

"Wasn't my, or Mei's call," Jana muttered. "He is also a scumbag, no matter what silver spoon he pukes out of his mouth. I don't know about Komoku either, you'd have to ask Mei...she's the one who deals with the council." she shrugged. "Honestly, at the time...we were so pressed for help, didn't have a lot of choice."

"You don't have to explain yourself to me. I don't care. The thing is, even if people get away with the crimes they committed, sooner or later it will catch up to them. Joe is pretty scummy...but he'll get whatever is coming to him eventually. Everyone does." Her hands fidgeted in her pockets, looking for something that wasn't there. Her eyes narrowed in minor annoyance before she looked at Jana. "Just like my father got what was coming to him..for all the enemies he made. That's what gets us in the end. Our enemies."

"For you, it's your cigarettes," she joked faintly, smiling. "...You really aren't smoking?" she asked, glancing back to where they were walking.

"If I was smoking, I'd be a bit more charming than this." Eva returned her smile. "What can I say, I told you I wasn't going to...and I'm going to keep my word to you. You are worth that much, at the very least."

"You think so, huh?" Jana smiled, fingers slipping through her hair, perhaps a little shyly. "...Thanks, you sure he'll know something?"

"Yes, but I can't guarantee it will be something your people don't already know." Eva noticed that little gesture...and it amused her. She couldn't say she was surprised that she had gotten Jana to warm up to her despite the bad first impression she made...but it was still rather flattering.

"Well, still...it's better than sitting around waiting for news," Jana murmured. "...You doing anything today?"

"Helping you. I might have had something else to do, but this is more important, yeah?" She pulled out her phone and turned it off just to show her she meant what she said.

"...Okay," Jana smiled, leaning against her a little. "Thanks, Eva...you're really trying to score some points, huh?"

Eva grinned, wrapping her arm around Jana's waist. "Now I am. It's no problem at all, Jana. I just want to help you. You just have so much bullshit going on. I feel for you."

"...Yeah," Jana smiled, arm around hers in turn. Unfortunately, she knew exactly where they were going...some run down, horrible shithole of a neighborhood that had Joe's apartment, and his mechanic shop. She never thought she'd be here again...ugh. This had better be worth something...

Joe was in his shop, as indicated by the sound of blaring music in his garage. Eva moved over and turned off his radio before returning to Jana's side. "What the fuck..." Joe muttered before sliding out from underneath the truck he was working on. He was shirtless..typical of him. Covered in grease and dirt. Nothing new. He sat up and then spotted Eva and Jana, his irritation immediately fading away. "Heh...well I'll be. You eighteen yet, Eva?"

"A year and a half, Joe." Eva answered with a smirk. "So you can't be a perve. To me or Jana. She doesn't like you."

"Yeah, I remember." Joe muttered as he got to his feet. "What brings you two pretty girls here?"

"Mei got taken," Jana said, arms crossing. "You know anything about it?" Ugh, she hated the way that he looked at them...like they were meat.

Back
Top Bottom