Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Well, hello to you too," Mina said dryly. "So? did you find anything out from Jana?" Honestly, the girl could at least say hello!

"Nope. Jana doesn't trust me, mother. She's smart." Not that Eva..actually asked Jana anything. She didn't want to bother her right now. "Why? Was there something specific I had to find out? I forgot if there was."

"...Eva," Mina muttered. "Do you even remember why we're doing this!?" she hissed. "Do you remember why I had taken Mei captive!?"

Eva moved the phone a few inches away from her ear and rolled her eyes, waiting for her mother to finish before putting it back in place. "Yeah, of course...I don't really see what that has to do with Jana though." Eva lazily answered.

"Ugh, you're worse than your brother...I need information, about DC, about Mei, about anything you can relating to what happened," she frowned. "Now I suggest you go do that, Eva. Immediately. Unless you want your father's killers to just go away free, stealing everything we deserve?"

"Uhhh...no. I guess not." Yeah, she was always worse than her brother..she didn't need to be reminded. "Fine, fine. But again, I can't force Jana to trust me. Or anyone for that matter." Her mother really didn't need to do this...now Jana would really be upset. So much for their fight at the end of the week..

"Yes mother.." Eva said in her sweetest voice before she rolled her eyes. She better go see Jana tonight...not that she had a problem with that. "Anything else?"

"No," Mina said. "Make sure you keep an eye on your brother, things will get complicated if he finds out."

"That's because he knows what's right and wrong. I'll talk to you later, mother." Eva hung up and then shook her head. Ugh, she really didn't like the idea of hanging out with Jana just because her mother wanted her to spy, but what could she do? She dialed Jana and put the phone back to her ear. Hopefully..she wouldn't pick up.

Jana was...stressed, to say the least. Mei had always been the pillar, the foundation...nothing had ever happened to her, ever. And here she was, kidnapped. There was nothing they could do, either. It came out of nowhere, Shizuka assured her that she was looking into it. But it wasn't her people, there was no reason for it to be. The only thing they could do was keep everything going as if it was nothing...which...ugh.

She couldn't do that, she was pacing in her office like a rabid animal. When her phone rang, she grabbed it and answered without seeing who it is. "What?" she muttered.

"Hey, Jana." Eva greeted, not really surprised by the way Jana answered the phone. Poor girl, she had enough problems but now her mother made it worse, ugh. "You busy? I can call back later..."

"Eva?" Jana muttered, her body tensing much less with a heavy sigh. "Sorry, It's...it's just been rough," she muttered. "Mei...well you probably already know...not that you care." Wouldn't surprise her if that bitch of her mother was doing something, not that they could say anything out loud.

"..Need any help?" Eva asked after a bit. Did she care? Not really...but she knew what her mom did was fucked up. And so was she for actually considering spying...

"...Huh?" Jana muttered faintly. "...You...want to help?" And just like that, her voice didn't sound so miserable. "...Really?"

Eva couldn't help but laugh a bit at her genuine surprise. "Yeah, really. I don't say things I don't mean. Just tell me what you need and I'll do it."

"Um...okay," Jana smiled faintly. "...Let me meet you, alright? Where are you?" Mei was...Mei was her everything, if she could be dramatic. She had been her friend through the worst part of her and still stuck around, the fact that she had absolutely nothing to do was driving her nuts. She at least wanted to try to look somewhere that Dujae and Sejae and the others weren't. She would do anything to see Mei safe, anything.

"The place I took you to dinner. Remember where it is?" Eva asked as she twirled a strand of hair with her finger. Ugh, what was this bad feeling in her stomach? Maybe it was that thing Aiden was talking about...her conscience? Yeah, that was it.

"Yeah, okay...I'll um, see you there," she mumbled, hanging up with a faint breath as she ran her fingers through her hair. Maybe it'd calm her nerves down...but it was nice that Eva offered to help. She couldn't help but feel a little paranoid at the offer, but...she'd take it at face value, right now...she didn't know if she could deal with more bad news.

By the time Jana got to the place, Eva was standing outside the door with her hand in her pockets. She looked slightly annoyed, but that was just because she was on edge without her nicotine. "Yo. How you holding up, girl?"

"Shitty," she admitted, regarding her a moment. She smelled...much less of nicotine. Was she really not smoking for her...? "...You?"

"Eh, I'm fine. My fuse is much shorter, but fine nonetheless. Not that I'm really the one that should be complaining. You can't seem to catch a break...but your bad luck will run it's course. It's only up from here, Jana." She probably shouldn't talk so much, but she couldn't help herself.

"Heh," Jana mumbled. "I'm beginning to think someone just keeps digging down more and more, Eva...I don't know what to do," she admitted. "Mei has always been there for me, whenever I needed it...and now I don't know how to be there for her."

"Yeah, I know..." Jana smiled faintly. "...But right now, it's looking kind of hopeless...we're not even sure who took them."

"Well, have you tried asking the right people? Or the wrong people, really. You know, the criminal scum of Turuga." It was dangerous, but that never stopped Eva before.

Back
Top Bottom