Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

Blake's eyes slowly shifted as he raised his head. He narrowed his eyes for a moment as he studied her face. "Jana." He said simply before Julianna moved in front of him protectively. He kept staring at her though, and a smile spread across his face. "I remember you..."

She wasn't sure what she felt...pity? misery? Fear?

"...What the hell is wrong with him?" Jana muttered warily. She didn't like that smile...it made her fists tighten.

"He's medicated." Julianna said simply as Blake just smiled at Jana. Those eyes of his had brightened if only a little...as if he were remembering something fond. Though he kept quiet. "And he's done nothing wrong. Or me for that matter, so leave us alone..."

"You've got to be kidding me!" Mei barked before stepping forward, the entire place going silent as everyone watched. "You're lying! There's no way he should be out, he got put away!"

"Mei," Jana mumbled, hand on her shoulder. "...It's okay, I'm fine." He was a drugged dog, but still a dog. Drugs wouldn't change that, if his look was anything to go by. "Let's just get out of here, okay?"

"But Jana..." Mei desperately began, though she stopped herself. This was...this was what Jana wanted. Mei took a deep breath, and during that moment, she heard Blake chuckling lowly as his smile grew wider and wider. "..If that animal comes anywhere near her...or anyone...if he so much as touches another girl in a non consensual way...I will..." Mei trailed off.

"He won't." Julianna said with a shrug before turning her back and grabbing Blake, who was still focused on Jana.

Jana, however...had already gripped her fingers around his jaw. Eyes narrowed as she stared into his.

"You can't lie to everyone," Jana murmured quietly. Her fingers were light, but hot...like a needle. So hot, the pain was barely noticeable...only the numbness was. "I am going to be watching you...all the time, if you so much as put your eyes on the butt of a girl, I'll sniff it out and neuter you like the dog you are." she said sharply, red eyes narrowed. "You won't hide from me, Blake. Are we clear?"

Blake just stared at her, the grin suddenly gone as his eyes focused on hers. "Crystal clear...Jana..." He breathed hotly as he took a step closer to her. There was no fear..only curiosity. However, Julianna pulled him away before he could get any closer.

"Stop it..you're upsetting him. I don't feel like calming him down, it's a really tiring task." She told Jana with a grimace.

"Not my problem," Jana muttered. Yeah...that felt...good, she wasn't scared. Disgusted from being so close, but not scared. Not yet, anyway.

"Let's go, Mei." she said, brushing past Juliana. "My appetite is gone."

Mei just gave the two a death glare before she left the place with Jana. She wasn't sure what to say..what could she say? So much for the justice system..who knows when he had gotten released? Yesterday? Two weeks ago? The night that he got arrested in the first place?

"I'm..sorry, Jana." Mei muttered after a while.

"Don't be," Jana said, letting out a faint exhale. "...I feel okay, actually." she murmured, smiling a little. "...I kinda feel like I'm going to throw up, but...he can't hurt me, not anymore."

"...No. He can't." Mei wasn't sure if Jana was referring to the fact that he was on medication or not. However, she wasn't going to say more than she needed to say. Still, she'd be having a little talk with the police department...and getting to the bottom of this.

"We've got other problems, anyway...I'll...I'll handle this personally," Jana mumbled. "You need to worry about the Kishis, Mei."

"Jana..." Mei frowned and then sighed a little. "Just be careful, okay? I don't want to see you get hurt...or do something you'll regret. Please, just promise me you won't do anything unnecessary."

"I promise," Jana murmured. "...But I am not letting that monster touch anyone else, ever again. I will do what I have to, to keep people safe."

"Alright..." Mei had seen the look on his face, the medication wasn't helping..just suppressing what he truly was. "I'm going to walk you home. Then I'll go back to work, okay?"

"Yeah," Jana murmured. "...Mei, listen...what I said before," she mumbled. "...I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, you're the only person I...really feel comfortable around completely anymore. I'm just frustrated, I'm not used to feeling like this."

"I know..." Mei told her as she held her hand. "I know you didn't mean it like that. I'm just sensitive, you know that. I promise Jana, I'll always be here for you. If we ever get into an argument or a fight, I won't stop being your friend, okay?" Mei gave her a smile. "No matter what, I'll never leave you alone."

"Me either," Jana smiled, fingers linking with hers. "Besides, I need a girlfriend," she teased. "Dick is complicated sometimes, you know?" she laughed, tugging her along. "I'll always have your back."

"...I guess. Komoku seems pretty simple to me." Mei said with a little bit of a smile. "Whatever makes you happy, Jana. I might get a little jealous though." She was joking...for the most part.

"Nah, he's all yours," she smiled. "I don't want to give that guy the ego." Still, she'd be lying if she said she didn't think about it. Komoku was a fun guy, he seemed mature enough to understand what it would be.

"No..I meant you getting a girlfriend. Not that I was serious...look. Just do what you have to, alright?" Mei gave her a tight hug. "It was nice to see you...act a little bit like your old self. You seem happier, so stay with your mom as long as. You need to, okay?"

"I will," Jana smiled, patting her back. "I'll be back as soon as I'm done, I promise."

"Alright..I'll miss you...but I know this will be best for you." Mei kissed Jana on the cheek before she resumed walking. She was going to make sure Jana got home safely.

The day went by fairly fast, and she would have stayed longer had it not been for Komoku literally dragging her from her office. She did appreciate him being true to his word. As much as she wanted Jana to feel better, she still didn't want to be inside of her place alone. It was a quiet night as usual, not much happened on this side of town. "Thank you," Mei told him after a while. "I know it's silly that I don't want to be alone in the condo by myself."

"Nah, it can get kinda creepy sometimes," Komoku said casually, arm around her shoulder. "Besides, when you're used to always being around someone, it can feel kind of weird, right?" Good thing he was able to pull her away, if only because a few dirty words broke her defense down...still. Another quiet night, a few cars passing by...nothing to make note of.

"Yeah, well...I have never been in such a big place by myself. Even when I lived my parents, someone was always around." Mei looked up at him and nuzzled into him a bit as she walked. "If it wasn't for you I'd probably just spend the next few days at Central. Mom wouldn't have been very happy...that's probably why she asked Jana to move in with me, so I'd actually have a reason to leave work."

Back
Top Bottom