School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Alright...well just call me if you need anything, okay?" She didn't want to take anything too personally. She needed to be a supportive friend. Like Komoku said, even if she couldn't help...she just had to be there for her.

"...Yeah, I will," Jana smiled faintly. A real smile, a relaxing smile at that. "How about we get lunch later today? I'm sure it'll break Komoku's heart to hear that you're eating something other than what he cooks...but..."

Something was different,but Mei couldn't put her finger on it. It wasn't bad though. She just sounded...better. That was a good sign. "Sure...that sounds good. Where do you want to meet up?"

"How about the hotdog joint down the street from Mei's house?" she said. "Just swing by around lunch-time, okay?"

"Yeah, alright. I'll be there." Even though she hated hot dogs from fast food places. But anything for Jana. "I'll see you then, alright?"

"Sure, bye," Jana said, hanging up as she tapped the phone on her chin. Weird...Mei usually hated those kinds of places..hm, guess it wasn't worth worrying about...she had training to get back into.

Mei sighed softly as she put her phone down on the table. She would work late tonight...or every night until Jana came back. Being alone in her place would be annoying. She couldn't ask Komoku to spend every night with her just because she didn't like being alone...

"What's up?" Komoku asked her curiously, sitting down a cup of hot tea. "Everything okay?" Boy, she was so up and down lately...he was looking forward to when Jana was starting to feel better, for both of them. Drove him nuts seeing her like this.

"Everything's fine. I was just checking on Jana. She's going to stay at her moms for a bit. To take a break. How did you sleep?" Mei wanted to change the subject, because she did not want to drive him up the wall with her meaningless concerns. It was odd, whenever she was with Jana she felt like she talked too much about Komoku, and the reverse was true as well.

"Good," Komoku said, taking a sip of his tea as he sat in front of her with a faint grin. "...So what's up?" She really needed to make a better poker face.

"I hate when you do that..." Mei muttered before she tapped her fingers on the table. "It's really nothing new. I will get over it. And...well I was just thinking that I'd start working later since Jana won't be here for a few days."

"Oh?" Komoku said idly, sitting his mug down. "Suddenly getting the workaholic itch, huh?"

"There is nothing else to do...I don't want to be here alone." She admitted as she crossed her legs. "I might go in late today though. I still feel kind if tired.."

"Well, I can stick around." Komoku said easily. "Kinda fun making all your neighbors nervous when they see me," he smirked. "Very touchy sort of people in Central, eh?"

"You don't have to do that, Komoku..." Mei told him with a bit of a smile. She really wasn't sure what she did to get such a nice guy...but she was really grateful.

"Oh, I'm sure your neighbors would appreciate if I didn't," Komoku smirked widely. "But fuck them, I'll grab a thing or two from home, alright?"

"Alright. I think I'm still going in a little late...you kept me awake too long. Guess I'll have to get used to that for a bit." She laughed a bit before leaning in to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you..,"

"You're welcome," he grinned easily. "I don't think I'll be keeping you up every night, I do need sleep you know. You exhaust me...you're so high maintenance..." he sighed.

"Well, we don't have to have sex. I can always put the energy into something else. These days I have so little free time." Mei simply said with a shrug as she got up from her seat. She wouldn't let him tease her and get away with it...two could play at that game.

"W...I didn't mean that!" Komoku said, rising up. "C'mon! Don't be like that!" Ugh, she was so pushy!

"No, no...I understand. I'm so high maintenance. I don't want to bother you with my needs. I can go elsewhere." Maybe she was taking it too far, but...well she liked getting those reactions from him.

"You know what I meant," Komoku huffed, eyes narrowed. "I ain't playin your game!" Except he was, because he knew if he didn't, he'd be in hotter shit.

"It was a joke, Mei," Komoku smirked. "But you are a princess," he said, rubbing his chin in thought. "I kind of like it though...it's fun spoiling you, you're cute when you're all content, like a cuddly kitten."

Mei blushed a little as she gave him a smile. "That's fitting...so I'm a cuddly kitten and you're the loyal doggy." She reached up and ran her fingers through his hair.

Back
Top Bottom