School Rumble (Broom and I)

Eva glowered at Jana, the fire around her blades steadily burning. "I know enough to know that something is holding you back. What the fuck are you afraid of, Jana?" Eva stalked forward in long strides, not letting up on her offense. She swung her katana downwards, aiming between her breasts.

Jana blocked with a grit of her teeth, pushing the sword away. "Get away from me!" she growled. "I don't need your fucking crazy talk, alright!? I'm fine! Everything is fine! Stop bothering me and leave me the fuck alone!"

The fire suddenly went out on Eva's blades. This was pointless...she felt like she was beating on an injured dog that just wanted to go to it's corner to lick its wounds. She let out an exasperated sigh. "This fight is over. I'm not going to fight you when all you want to do is block everyone and everything out, Jana."

"Coming from you, that's rich." Jana huffed, sheathing her swords warily. "You're not my friend, and you don't deserve to ask those questions. So stop acting like it's anything more than you being some fucking creep of a stalker." Like Blake.

Like Blake. Ugh.

She needed to get out of here, right now.

"Stalker?" Eva narrowed her eyes slightly before she started laughing. After a moment she stopped and pulled out another cigarette. "You're paranoid, girl. I'm not stalking you. I'm not forcing you to do anything. I also don't have to be your friend to know that something is wrong with you. It's not fun for me, you know? Fighting someone who's heart isn't into the fight. I see the fear in your eyes. I know that it's not me you fear, but something else."

"Fuck off," Jana muttered, turning to leave. "Go back to whatever cage you went to and make sure you lock yourself back in it," she muttered. "I don't have to listen to your shit." She was right, no matter how much she hated hearing it. But she still didn't want to hear it, she'd just go home and-...

right.

Mei and Komoku were practically fucking each other stupid, were they still doing that? Was it...she should text them, maybe...no, she said she didn't care. She rubbed her face a moment, taking a deep breath. Okay, fine...she'd go to Mel's...that'd work.

Eva took a long drag of her cigarette before she turned away. So much venom that was wasted on empty words. "No, you don't have to listen. But I can listen to you, if you want. I doubt you have many people to talk to, who actually would understand you. The real you."

"And what would you know about that?" Jana muttered. "Rich girl who causes problems, completely the same, right?"

Of course people threw that in her face a lot, people who didn't understand. Most of her girls were like that until they actually got to know her. "Rich, poor..doesn't matter what circumstances we're born into. I resonated better with people in Red. I was nothing but an embarrassment to my father, and for that very reason I was treated like I didn't exist. So I acted out, can't really blame a girl who just wanted daddies love. Not anymore though. I grew out of that, just before he kicked the bucket. I can't miss a man I never knew in the first place...sure he was around but he never spoke to me."

Jana glanced at her a moment before running a hand through her hair with a miserable sigh. Honestly? What in the hell else did she have going on?

"...Alright, fine," she muttered, stabbing her hands into her jacket pockets.

Eva slid her nice leather jacket off her shoulders and then tossed it at Jana. "Sorry for burning your shirt off. I promise it wasn't intentional." She gave her a friendly smile before she walked over to a park bench. "Come on. What's your problem, girl?"

Jana blinked a little, catching it in surprise. "...Lots of things," she said, before she really meant to with a faint frown, glancing down at the jacket. Great minds think alike, huh? This was nice...much like hers, she probably bought them more regularly. But regardless, she moved over to sit with her. "More than I can count."

"Hmm, then start with the biggest one that bothers you the most." Eva replied before putting the cigarette to her lips again.

Jana glanced at her a moment before leaning back, glancing down at her jacket. "...I was raped, because I was part of the DC."

Eva's expression darkened before she immediately reached out and took Jana's hand. She had dealt with similar girls...the trauma was almost impossible to get over alone...at least the worst of it. That was something someone never quite got over, even if the pushed it to the corners of their mind. "I'm sorry. Sorry that you got targeted by some filthy sub human scum. Is he still free? Is that why you're scared?"

"...I don't know." Jana mumbled. "...I'm just afraid of the dark, that's all he used, you know? Shadows." she said. "I feel like every little dark corner has him just...waiting. He's been locked up for a while now."

Eva narrowed her eyes a little. Damn it, that meant she couldn't beat the guy into the dirt. "It will take a while. The wounds have to heal, and you need good support. But from what I've seen you're too proud to ask others for that. I know a few girls like that...I just let them come to me when they're ready."

"It's not that," Jana sighed. "...It's just hard feeling like I can recover at all," she mumbled. What was she supposed to tell Mei, when she felt guilty about it?

"It's possible, even if it doesn't seem like it. But that's what I mean by support. Someone has to reassure you if you're feeling that way, Jana. Otherwise those doubts will fester and you'll feel like shit." Eva responded as she dropped her cigarette and stomped it out.

"Yeah, I know," Jana muttered, thumb brushing over the leather of her jacket. "Why do you care? I thought I was a stepping stone in your little family conquest with your Mom?"

"Maybe if I cared enough about what my mom wanted, you would be. But I don't. I can't tell you that this is over just yet, but I can tell you that Aiden and I would rather not be in control of DC. So we'll try to get her to drop it. You've got enough problems." Eva moved her arm behind Jana and rested it on the bench as she looked up at the sky. "I understand why you're so skittish around me now. I knew there was a reason that went beyond my piss poor introduction. I'm not that good with first impressions." Eva said with a wide grin.

"...Not at all," Jana agreed with a faint smile. "I thought Mei was bad when I first met her, at least she was quieter."

"The quiet ones are often the craziest, you know." Eva began with a bit of a laugh before crossing her legs. "As much as you like to call me crazy, that girl gives off some really dark vibes. I kinda like it, but I liked yours much better..." That sounded creepier than she intended...but she meant no harm by it.

"...What?" Jana said, glancing at her. "W...What do you mean?" She felt completely out of her element right now, and she wasn't sure what that meant. She just kind of...did she mean that like she thought? "I mean...yeah, but...everyone has that somewhere."

"I guess, but it's apparent mostly in people like Mei because they don't have much covering it. But I just meant that I like you. You're a pretty and talented girl. Shame that you're being haunted by those bad memories." Eva told her as she looked into her eyes.

Back
Top Bottom