No Regrets (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Finally the hole was big enough for the brutish man's corpse and Nieve moved over, grabbing a large meaty wrist in both hands. "Give me a hand?" She asked.

Nieve started to drag the very large corpse into the grave, grunting with the effort.

Nieve started to bury him with sand, using her hands to push it onto the large man, a soft frown still on her face as she watched the man slowly disappear under the grains. "We should see if there are any others." She said and stood.

She frowned heavily. "Yeah... Most of them did leave to go to the world of the living." She said, rubbing the back of her head. "I'll probably just wander a bit then, see if there are any others."

"Thank you.." She nodded to him before leaving, her chest feeling heavy as she trudged off across the sands to the far part of Las Noches, wandering aimlessly.

Tesla went back and tood Szayel, who was very unhappy. "You let her wander about by herself with the knowledge that she is defenseless?" He asked bitterly. Tesla averted his gaze, "I...honestly forgot..."

Nieve picked her way through the rubble, heading in no particular direction, still frowning from the burials. She hadn't really known either of them that much, but their death still weighed on her. She hated when any test subject failed to live, and she hated the fact that Shinigami had come and torn her home to shreds.

Nieve turned to look at him, having been picking through the rubble that used to be someone's room. "Guard me? That's very nice of him, but I won't leave Las Noches, I'll be okay."

"Ah... I'm sorry.." She said, giving him a sympathetic look. "We can head back if you'd like, I just thought some alone time would be nice."

Nieve felt her cheeks flush and she instantly bowed to Tesla. "I'm so sorry! That was rude of me..! I would be pleased to have you walk with me..!"

Nieve shifted, making a noise. "Ano... How do you do that? Focus on someone's reiatsu, that is?"

Tesla made a noise, thinking of a good way of describing it, "Well, its like if you focus on someone hard enough, you can feel where they are. Try it on Szayel-sama."

Nieve nodded and closed her eyes, trying hard to envision her father half way across Las Noches, standing still for two minutes before letting out a frustrated sigh. "I can't sense him." She said.

"Could..." She rubbed her neck before bowing to him. "I would be honored if you would teach me!"

"A-Ano.." She fidgeted. "I just.. You seem like you're really good at what you do."

Back
Top Bottom