Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pokemon Tablefuck Adventures: Cyndry

Status
Not open for further replies.
The girls finished after their trainers, not too long after them. They looked over to Matt, either knowing, or guessing that he was in command of the training here. "So what are we going to throw at these souls now?" Nyx asked her trainer, hovering close to him as usual.

A small smirk crossed his face, as he gestured to the gathered rocks. "There are two exercises, though you may choose which one you wish to do. I separated the rocks based on weight, for two different types of exercises, though you could really use them for either. You may select any two rocks, I would suggest starting with the ten pounders if your not sure how much you can handle. The first choice is to jog three laps with the weights, before twenty sit-ups, crunches and jumping jacks, then another three laps, with a ten minute break every two reps. The other is a much more simple weight lifting program, but will also include lunges, crunches, and jogging on the spot, with two minute breaks after each set of twenty-five reps each."

The smirk turns a bit predatory. "Think your up for it?"

Michael blanked a bit at the explanation of the training regiment, before shaking his head. Now it almost felt as if the guy was testing him, or poking some kind of fun at his lifestyle or physicality. The guy was on an entirely different level from him, there was no fighting that fact, and Michael was beginning to not like his odds when matched up against him in anything.

"Well. If any of my Pokemon want to give it a try, they can, but I'm beginning to think this sort of training style isn't for us." he mused idly in response.

He raised an eyebrow at him. "You are an Ace trainer, correct? I heard that the stonger and tougher you are, the stronger your pokemons attacks. I am physically weaker then you, I just developed more resilience to cope with the strain my powers take on my body. You on the other hand should have a decent mix of strength and stamina, allowing you to do more."

Nothing in his voice indicates he's making fun of Michael, though it's hard to tell with his echoing monotone. "And, if you believe it is too harsh, we can adjust it, and you can train up over time?"

"I have only just started my journey, after all. I'm hardly even an Ace Trainer at this point, if at all." Michael responded. He didn't want to seem like a problem, but he was suddenly getting tossed a lot to consider and a lot was apparently expected of him. "I just think I should start slow and find out what works for me in that case. Like I said, if one of my Pokemon thinks they'd like the full treatment, Clawra or Roma could probably handle it easy enough, then they can, but I'm still getting used to things."

He paused for a moment after his explanation. "...That said, for someone clearly at a higher level than me in this sort of thing, you're taking an interest in me? Why? Pity?" he said, with a dry smile, a touch of self-deprecation showing. "Or just wanting to put someone under you wing, or something like that?"

"I'm a rookie trainer like you, but our backgrounds differ. Psychics have to train our bodies and minds from an early age to safely wield our powers, and growing in a crypt, with ghosts and Nyx for company, I am much more aware of mortality then most, who seem in my eyes to take life for granted. And to be a trainer is a honor, but one with responsibilities, as others come into your care and you must balance the needs of the group with the needs of the individual. It is a commitment that all too many make lightly."

Looking right at him, are eyes of blood, eyes that say they know death, before his upper lip curls into an amused smirk. "As for other reasons why? I had planned on finding someone to have a friendly battle with later anyway, and you were there. And, because training is better when not done alone."

Well, some of that explanation gave reason for Matt's mannerisms, Michael figured, though it still set him on edge at times. The kind of people with this level of emotional control and whatnot...Michael felt he might have a difficult time ever getting a bead on the man's emotions, if he spent any amount of prolonged amount of time with him. He bristled slightly, not sure if he was offended or a bit cowed, he felt there were implications in what Matt said about the responsibilities of a trainer. He was right, certainly, but still...

"I suppose I'm coming across as taking it too lightly, then." he said, keeping his voice even. "Mmm. I'll have to work on that. A future battle does sound like something to try, though."

He nods, his face calm. "It was not intended as an insult. But sadly, I have heard of many trainers who can barely look after themselves, let alone care for and support a group. That was what I was mentioning. Still, you do not seem entirely frivolous." The way he acts, the way he says it, it is not an insult, or at least not meant to be one, but rather stated fact.

Looking towards the girls, he smiles briefly. "So, what have the ladies decided?"

The girls divided up after some thought deciding which of the two exercises was best for them. Clawra, Lulu, Poly and Terra deciding to do the running with the weights. Roma and Gly picked the second, going for lifting weights. The two weren't good runners but seemed fine with the second workout.

Morgana stood unsure, before glancing over at one of the rocks. "Hmm..." She mutters under her breath. Heading over she extended a hand, reaching out with her mind before beginning to lift it with her mind. "If I may sir... It would be better for me to train my mind, not my body..." The Ralts says, looking at Matt while parting her green hair to look him in the eye.

Matt nods, a small smile on his face. "Yes, but it is not good to train only one and neglect the other, as one psychic to another. Try sustained telekinesis, alongside moving the rocks up and down, while your moving. You don't need to jog at first, only what makes you comfortable."

He himself began to mentally lift his pair of rocks, and walked over to the track. "Care to join me?"

Morgana gives a slow nod, lifting the rock, only able to manage one at a time right now. She followed Matt to the track slowly, trying to get her focus right between walking and telekensis. For the most part she managed, slowly getting more confident in moving while she carried the rock.

As he walked over to the track, he was sure to keep an eye on all the girls, observing their progress, and how tired any of them looked. It wold not do for them to be too exhausted from this, or hurt themselves. Still, he broadcasts silent telepathic encouragements to the girls, encouraging them to do their best.

Michael watched as everyone sorted out into their own chosen parts of the morning regiment, before deciding himself on some weight-lifting with Roma and Gly, as it seemed a little simpler to start with.

The girls soon get into a nice routine, managing to figure their limits and sticking to it. This was everyone except Clawra and Terra, currently doing the track. The two quickly began to get competitive with each other and were busy trying to out do each other, pushing past their own limits in the heat of the moment.

Rocks floating in the air around him, he frowns slightly, but does not otherwise make any visible changes. Pushing past your limits is fine, so long as you do not go too far. After all, it is by pushing yourself that you see progress, going just a bit faster, adding a few extra pounds to your weights, this is expected, even somewhat encouraged, so long as it does not go too far.

So, he keeps an eye on them, prepared to step in if they begin taking it too far and the risk of injury becomes too great.

Michael happened to notice Clawra starting to get competitive as well, and shook his head with a light smile. That seemed a little bit like something she would do in the midst of training. "Clawra, don't overdo it!" he called out, as a bit of idle advice to see if she would heed his words. Fine and dandy to take training on to a higher level if you felt you could do it, but doing it solely out of a competitive urge probably wasn't the best idea.

Clawra looked over at Michael and slowed down, going back to what she was comfortable with. She watched as Terra smugly sped past, with a small grunt. However she didn't let it get to her and got back to training, eventually stopping with the rest of the girls when she had was worn out.

Matt shook his head slightly, but understood where Michael came from. Still having a friendly rival helps push each other, helping the other push past their limits and grow. Still, Clawra is under his care, so it was his choice.

He would continue until the girls seem tired, the next part would be more cerebral then physical, and would let them learn how to deal with fatigue.

Clawra probably didn't like being told to ease up on it, but Michael smiled at her to try and ease up some of the irritation she likely felt, while he and the others started to finish up their current regiment. "I don't mind you getting a little competitive." he would tell her when she came closer. "Just don't get so worked up you cause problems, you know? Wouldn't be good for either of us if you got so stubborn you ended up hurting or overworking yourself, just to prove a point." he said. "You'll probably get a few more opportunities anyway." he added.

Clawra slowly nods, taking a moment to catch her breath as she stopped by Michael. "I know... Will try and not getting too worked up next time... Besides, I can beat her in a fight I'm sure." The Corphish replied with a grin. She knew she had the type advantage here so was fairly confident a straight fight she could beat Terra.

He did not turn to Terra, but rather projected his thoughts to her, making sure she knew of his feelings on the competition. "Terra. On one hand, it is good you pushed yourself, but did you consider your limits during the race, or how far you could push yourself? This is not a rebuke, but rather some training advice. Strive to push beyond your limits, but not so far as to risk serious injury. Better smaller progress that will see sustained and manageable progress, then rapid and potentially dangerous progress if your body cannot adjust quickly enough."

Making his way to the center of the field inside the track, he pulls out thirty six sided dice, and from a bag takes out ten cheap tin cups, and as soon as it looks like everyone is done for the moment, he telepathically asks them over.

Terra looked around for the source before turning to Matt. She gave a slow nod in reply to what he said, not able to use telepathy nor really wanting to call out over to him. She gave a nod and would try and keep to his advice.

When Matt called them over they each made their ways to him. Soon they all gathered round, the last to arrive being the slow moving Gly.

Looking around at the assembled group, he passes each girl and Michael a tin cup with three dice inside. "Now, the first part was physical exercise, to train the body, as well as speed training. This however will be a bit more cerebral, and in fact is one of the more unorthodox psychic exercises. Well," here he shrugs, "a part of it was because I didn't have the time to pick up tarot cards or chess sets. So instead, we will be playing a little gambling game."

Taking up his own tin, he places the dice inside. "The rules are simple. You roll the dice inside your tin, and keep them covered save or a brief peek after the cup is placed down. Then, you place a bet on the total of a rolled number, such as five fives, or twelve sixes. Of course, at the end of a round, all the dice are revealed, and the winner determined, if there is one. This is done in two stages. First, did they get exactly the number of dice they bet on? If they did, and no others did, they win. But victory goes to the one with the highest number value if there are two or more who made a correct bet."

He smirks just slightly. "The purpose, is calculated risk management. You have a number of dice with the results known to you, but must make assumptions on a known number of dice, but not on the subtle differences between them." He pauses for a second, hoping at least one of them, and with luck Michael, get what it applies to.

Once Michael had finished up and Clawra and her new rival had been dealt with, Michael watched Matt as he gathered up their next little activity, wondering what he was up to before he actually got to explaining what this exercise was all about. He scratched his head a little once the explanation was finished, not quite sure he got it, but at this point, he'd been mostly going along with what Matt had been having him do, so why stop now.

With everyone gathered, it was time to roll the dice, and once everyone had begun, Michael took a small peek at his own as allowed, and thought for a moment as to what kind of guess he would make. "Hmm...." his eyes flicked over everyone else in the group, but given he had no way or really predicting things, some modicum of random guesswork would have to be used. "Seven threes." he finally decided on.

Watching the group, he tried to read their body language, trying to pick up non-verbal cues, as he looks at the information he has, and tries to gage the reactions of the others, attempting to gather the intel for his own play. Soon enough, he makes his play, after some careful cheating of course. Hopfully, those small telekinetic nudges worked. "Six sixes."

His voice was calm, with no hint of indecision or stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom