Burned Bones and Broken Souls {1x1 with DarkMudkip}

Elvira suddenly gasped. "Wait!" She called. "There, stuck in the root!" She said, grinning at the small silver band ring embedded into the thick root.

As soon as Meadow picked up the ring, a girl with thick wavy black hair appeared before her, crouching in the dirt with her in a white cotton nightgown. "Nora's brother made it. He was the blacksmith."

As soon as he ring left her hand, the girl disappeared; Elvira perked. "What happened?" She looked around, and upon seeing nothing looked back to Meadow in confusion. "I don't see anything."

When she noticed Meadow was staring at her dead on she perked. "You can see me?" She asked, coffee colored eyes widening.

Elvira stared at Meadow in silence for almost a minutes before she broke into a large grin. "This is the first time in two hundred plus years someone's seen me!"

Elvira blinked. "You think I'm pretty? But I'm dead.." She said softly, picking at her dress.

Elvira made a face but nodded. "Someone should wear it, the trees had it for to long."

"No, no..!" She shook her head. "Sorry, I just, I wish I could wear it is all." She said. "Wear it, that way we can talk to eachother."

"We could talk either way..." Meadow said, pulling the draw string from her hoodie and looping it into the ring and tying it behind her neck, letting it touch her skin so she could still see Elvira, "Maybe we can figure out a way for you to have a living body for a day..."

"Wouldn't that be great... Alive again..." A small smile pulled her lips up. "You'd do that for me?"

"You're my first true blue friend...I'd do damn near anything for you..." She answered. She made a small noise, "If that...doesn't creep you out or nothin', that is..."

"No, not at all!" Elvira smiled more and shook her head. "You should get inside, it's getting dark." She pointed out.

"Well, I think everything's still working, you'll just have to turn the gas on manually." She said, following her inside.

"I'll deal with that tomorrow after I get back from doing some shopping..." She said softly, smiling faintly. She made a noise and sat down, "Guess I'll go to bed early.."

"Alright, g'night." She stretched and moved toward the wall, sitting down and leaning against it.

Back
Top Bottom