Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lady in Waiting (Lady Bloody Ava & Greeneyed23)

Rose was as excited as ever and her husband showed up and matched the atmosphere.

She watched as Tia looked at Fisher who was passing by but was snagged by his friend, the Duke.

Both women laughed lightly as Fisher was blindside and stopped in his tracks.

Rose watch the varying expressions on her dear friend's face when Fisher admitted to scouting the premises.

Then Fisher was ordered to join them, Rose make cute little David's hand wave in joy while bounding Alyssa on her hip.

The Duchess watched on as Fisher and Tia shared a kiss. Rose was the biggest fan of the couple.

"No need to rush, we can retrieve the swimwear together, but the little ones are going to be well worn by the night," Rose replied to the question after David was handed to his father.

Alyssa was enjoying all of the new things around her, while her mother let the men discuss things and she danced with her mother with tones of laughter sounding through the air.

When the men returned with baby David and the news there were no doubts as to the discovery.

"He is a growing boy, and he will be the best of both his mother and father and I can not wait to see what great things he accomplishes."

It was sweet how father and daughter had their moments together and Rose was in love with the sight.

"Come, let us all get ready for a swim and we will meet back up."

Her family went into the estate into their room which was quaint and felt so bright and refreshing.

Alyssa was dressed in a cute yellow suit and Rose was dressed in a rosey red suit that matched her blush.

It had been a long time since she went swimming and even longer since she'd seen herself in the suit, especially after having a child.

She could see ALyssa in the reflection of the mirror playing with a tassel on a pillow.

Rose slipped onto the bed and pressed a kiss to her daughter's tummy and asked in the most adorable laughter.

"Are you ready little one?"

Alyssa gurgled and pawed at her mother's face.

Two hands cupped her hips and drew her back, the left sliding up to cup her jaw as Rallon kissed her.

"You look marvelous my love. Breathtaking as ever. But look at this horrendous beast before us."

He tweaked Alyssa'a toes making her kick and giggled. "It moves! I say we fry it up and serve it for dinner."

He tickled her feet and she squealed her lips spread in delight.

Then Rallon suddenly dipped Rose and kissed her again.

He held the kiss for a while. Then broke it but held her still. "So...what do you think of the outfit?"

He was in all black awimming attire. Appropriately modest and covering his body. But his arms were in full display, and the suit hugged his form tightly.

It was a new suit but like much of his clothing the maker had only truly guessed at his actual sizes.

"Am I worthy being seen in public with you and the dandelion on the bed there?"

He raised her now, but kept her tight to his chest.

Once more she could feel him swelling for her.

Both were waiting. But Rose had a great gift in store when she was free to make love again. Rallon was certain to take his time enjoying as they made love.

And his passion was always growing.

Rose was pleasantly surprised when she was held against the frame of her beloved and gifted a kiss.

"Thank you, my love," she replied before looking at their daughter with a feigned gasp and laugh as the wee on did giggle with her father's assistance.

The little was so adorable and the smiles were contagious.

"She is far too small to even be an appetizer, give her more time." Rose was joining in on the fun.

Another kiss was always welcomed and when asked how he looked, the look on her face said it all.

"Now you, my love, look good enough to eat," as always, she thought he looked amazing in anything, though she preferred whatever he was wearing to be strewn about the floor.

Rallon was amazing in her eyes, always.

"You could be wearing a leaf and I would always choose to have you at my side in public and private, my handsome and charming husband."

When she was lifted, she indulged in another kiss and she could feel the evidence of how he was feeling and she was almost ashamed of how much she was loving this.

"Let us take our daughter to play in the water before I am unable to contain myself any longer." A sweet peck was pressed to his lips before she took a moment to show her eldest so love in kisses and praise for how she was an amazing mother.

Tuchesi was given kisses and of course, the grandchildren were admired.

Alyssa was scooped up and the family made their way back outside to meet up with the others.

Alyssa squealed as loud as she could at the sight of Tia, Fisher, and David.

Rose laughed and nearly fell over in two at the sight of Fisher.

The man was like a brother to her and she knew that he could be a very modest man in anything new when it came to attire.

The man was so red in the face. "Fisher, why do you look like you feel so vulnerable?"

Fisher blushed even more. "I am unused to such attire my Duchess."

Rallon chuckled. "Then get in the water with your son and don't worry about it so much."

Tia paused. "Is this water...safe?"

"It's a spring Tia. The space where mountain water has collected to get to the sea."

He gestured at a small stream beyond a natural dam. "Rose and I have been coming here for years. And our ancestors even longer. No cracks, caves or other wicked surprises. Not even any fish. Look at how clear the water is."

She peered over the edge. And gasped.

"I can see...everything....where does the water come from?"

"I know it is hard to believe. But through the rock. Partially anyway. A great amount sweats through the rock from an underground lake." He pointed. "My brothers and I discovered it. But also there is a type of rock in some sections that allows water through, actually filtering it. You have seen this stone. Hard but bcovered with small holes."

"Oh. Yes I have."

He nodded. "There is a 12 foot length just there that serves as the greatest source of the spring and somehow makes the water very fresh and clean. And finally there is a clay deposit beneath a huge boulder there that allows a small measure of water through all year round from a hot spring. "

"Ok how do you know all that?"

"Well the stone I actually discovered while swimming with Rose when we were younger during a family holiday. Though James gets partial credit as well. He had just fallen on me. The clay was bubbling up one year and had us worried it would be unsafe but that boulder broke loose and slid down the bowl and made it's new home there. That was when I was very little. Before Rose came. My father was concerned the swimming hole would be lost and was having it checked when the boulder fell. Thankfully the men checking were unhurt but it was a close thing."

Tia marveled. "You remember all of that?"

"I had many lovely days here. With my parents, brothers and sisters. And of course Rose."

He did not mention that one of the first times they had kissed had been right there on the edge of the water after a day of silliness.

Rose wasted no time stepping into the water with Alyssa in her arms.

The little one was silent as she watched the water that her mother sank them into.

It felt divine. Rose could feel their daughter clinging onto her for dear life when her tin toes finally got submerged.

Instantly the curiosity kicked in and little fingers splashed in the water, bringing forth laughter.

The Duchess had some very fond memories detailing this spring and would be sure to make sure their children had fun memories as well.

Rose listened in on the conversation and the mere memories of their shenanigans caused her to laugh.

"I remember when we were younger, Rallon's father, may he rest in peace, launching James high and long into the air where he splashed into the deeper side of the spring. It was a wonder his arms weren't tired after that, because he did it several times with the girls."

Lady Alyssa was dipped up to her chest in the water and was having a grand old time splashing, looking, and trying to cup the water.

While Rallon may not have mentioned it, Rose was open with her thoughts as they flowed. "It was also one of the first places that Rallon and I kissed."

There was that smile that appeared whenever she thought about her lifelong love. "Swim racing, playing games that entail catching a specific person... It would be hard to forget this place."

This was a scene that helped all of the stress melt away.

After Lord Granger became ill the visits to the spring actually ceased because, well... Rallon was not there and it just wasn't the same without at least of them. At least, that was the case for her.

Rose was submerged up to the shoulders in the crystal clear waters while waiting for the others to join her.

"Maybe this will cheer David up, sometime in the water." There was a shallow pool that acted as a ledge for jumping into the deeper waters, where the little ones could sit and still only be just above their hips in the water.

Tia nodded and walked in, David whining until he was in the water.

Then he cooed.

And gurgled.

Splashed several times.

And giggled.

Then kicked and splashed excitedly.

Rallon laughed. "The wisdom of my bride once again. Move Fisher. "

"But my Lord-"

"Duke!"

And Rallon recreated both the moment Rose had recalled, and one near his departure when he had battled all of his brothers for domination of this very pool by throwing them in.

Fisher knew Rallon was strong. Perhaps too strong.

But when Rallon lifted him bodily and hurled him into the water he was still stunned.

Fisher actually sailed over his wife and child and landed several yards into the water.

Even Tia was impressed, then laughed as Rallon jumped and dove in, coming up tickling a giggling Alyssa while Fisher blew water from his mouth and nose in shock, then smiled at his own giggling child.

Rallon leaned over Alyssa to kiss her mother, then lowered into the water to softly splash the girl, who squealed excitedly, trying to imitate her father.

So he gently cupped her hands, and then showed her how he had done the splashes, and she set to trying furiously, burbling as she did so.

Rallon used the chance to lay his hands on Rose' hips and begin softly caressing her skin under the water through her suit.

"I forgot how your hair glistens when wet."

It was sweet to watch David enjoying himself with the water and she would sweat that Tia was still a beautiful exotic addition to their family.

The tone in Fisher's voice caught Rose's attention and she already knew what was coming. It was a near-perfect reenactment.

She was no less impressed with the strength and distance with which Fisher was thrown.

Alyssa watched as her dad jumped in and screamed in laughter before he approached the mother and daughter duo.

Those kisses never got old and were always welcomed.

By now Rose's long locks were plastered to the skin of her shoulder and she was watching their daughter until she felt her beloved's touch upon her hips.

"Mmm... and I forgot just how... amazing you look soaked from head to toe and argue if you will, but you'll never change my mind."

She helped herself to another kiss upon his lips.

This was a great idea.

There was a scream and a laugh that came from Tia right before Fisher emerged from beneath the water right behind her and snagged his wife in his embrace while looking over her shoulder at their child.

David saw his dad and laugh hard like fisher being wet was the most hilarious thing he'd ever see.

The little one was even subject to hiccups that Rose found so cute!

"This will certainly work up an appetite later, for sure and these two will sleep hard tonight," Rose uttered while looking down at the wee one in her arms.

"Maybe we can start my lessons tomorrow? Now is as good a time as any, since we have the time and I am very eager." The excitement was in her voice and she was always excited for a challenge.

It was how she managed to climb a tree when she was younger because the other Granger boys said that a girl never could.

Rose proved them wrong, but getting down was another challenge. Even back then Rallon was helping her.

Rallon gave an exagerrated bow. "My duchess knows her slightest whim is my dearest wish."

His eyes glowed. "And we have not practiced together in some time my love."

He gave no credit to the nonsense of modesty in combat training. She had breeches for the task, and he cared not at all who complained.

She learned correctly. Not in time to some silly notion about skirts and propriety.

Alyssa would be the same.

Of course when they were younger her more functional attire had also meant fewer layers.

They had explored. Never quite risking the ultimate act but there had been some close calls.

Now wedded his body was her's to enjoy as he frequently offered and reminded her.

Rose smiled at her husband as he obliged her request.

"You are right, my love. It had been too long. Hopefully, I am not too rusty."

Now, Rose knew that she was not a Tia, but she remembered what her beloved daughter her back then, but she never really got the opportunity to apply it or practice before he arrived home.

Alyssa splashed and looked up at her dad with the most adorable little open-mouth grin.

Fisher seemed to be finally relaxing a bit as he wrapped his arms around his wife from behind while watching his son go into sensory overload with the water.

"Here little lady, you play with your dad and I am going to go for a swim." A kiss was pressed to their daughter's cheek and then her husband's lips before she slipped beneath the surface of the water.

Rose loved swimming. Probably even more so since he did not get the opportunity to do it often and it was associated with some of her fondest memories.

She swam to another edge of the water and swam back to where her others were nestled.

Emerging from the water like a mermaid and her hair plastered to the bare skin of her shoulders.

"That felt amazing!" This was just what he needed.

Tia sniffed. "You are slow my lady. Too long away. I feel certain I can best you."

Before Rose or Fisher could speak Rallon cut in. "Ten crowns on Rose."

Fisher blinked. Then grinned. "Done. And five on Tia."

Rallon raised Alyssa to kiss her mother. "Tell mama good luck."

Alyssa gave her a wet hug and kiss then gabbled excitedly.

Fisher extricated David after his own kiss to his mother, and Tia swam over to Rose. "To the edge you touched and back my lady? Loser has to make breakfast tomorrow."

They had servants and cooks but both were excellent cooks themselves.

Rallon growled. "Oh my. A Tia cooked meal. What a treat."

Tia gave him a dirty look.

Fisher tried to be diplomatic until her eyes began to glint in his direction. "Well my lord I must say it has been years since Her Grace favored me with her skills in the kitchen."

"Not bad Fisher. Not bad. Ready ladies?"

Tia made a playful grimace at Rose.

"3."

The babies both squealed.

"2."

The water seemed to go still.

"1."

It was such a bright beautiful day.

"Go!"

Rose was delightfully surprised when Tia called her slow and even more so that Rallon would wage a bet on her.

She knew that her husband always had faith in her and knew her better than anyone.

"Oh, my friend, you think that I was actually putting in effort back there?" Gently did she nod her head in disagreement with a lax smile.

A kiss was pressed to her daughter's little cheek for good luck and support.

After Tia joined Rose she agreed to the wager and the look thrown Rallon's way left the Duchess laughing.

Rose arched a brow at Fisher's assumption that she would be the one cooking breakfast.

A competitive fire was lit within and when the final countdown was complete, both women took off.

The drag was practically nonexistent. Her balanced was where it should be and everything else just fell in place.

Swimming was a release from the rules of gravity. The weightlessness was a glorious feeling and after the first lazy lap, it was a natural skill that came to her.

Both women met the wall at the same time but Rose kicked off and picked up speed from there.

The Duchess was only focused on getting to the finish but felt Tia's presence nearby.

Legs could be seen in sight and when she got to their designated finish she popped up and took a much-needed breath.

Tia emerged from the water seconds after her and that is when became clear that she was the winner.

The smile on her face was priceless, but she gave Tia a massive hug and a smile, "Thanks... I needed that and I look forward to tomorrow morning."

Tia splashed her friend and Rose splashed her back and the laughter ensued as the women acted in such a youthful manner.

Rallon clicked his fingers then made the money gesture to Fisher, grinning.

Fisher pretended not to notice, so Rallon pinched him.

"Ow!"

"Pay up."

"I don't have the money on me!"

"Ooooh. So what you are saying is that in addition to my fifteen crowns, I also get to dunk you."

Fisher paled, not noticing Rallon handing Alyssa to Rose ad the splashing stopped, nor Tia taking David.

"I...no...I..."

"Ahh but Fisher, you didn't ask what the penalty was for not paying promptly did you?"

Fisher tried to dodge but Rallon grabbed him and heaved, taking them both to the bottom.

Tia gasped. "Quite the rough house."

Alyssa knew Rallon had done the same with all his brothers, often with much more violence when all of them were involved.

Both men popped up. And Fisher snarled. And leapt on his lord, and actually managed to dunk him under.

He froze for a second, only to find Rallon laughing, then hugging him and yanking him under again.

This began a wild flurry of action, until Fisher waved off, panting. And Rallon panting but also laughing. "Well done my friend."

Fisher shook his head but was smiling. "Dear Lord....and you did that with all your brothers?"

"Oh yes. James and Gregory especially. James never backed down from anything. And Gregory liked to have someone who could challenge his strength."

Fisher nodded, his breathe back. "Wh...what was Gregory like before my lord?"

"...troubled. but nothing like the monster he became. He was always strong. Sometimes too strong. But he made mistakes. Not intentional harm. He once pushed one of the girls through a wall of the house. Not meaning to hurt her you understand. Actually the opposite. A cabinet was falling down the stairs during a cleaning and he shoved her across the landing. And out of the way. She fell into the study right into Father's lap. She was a little banged up and had a fever. Gregory refused to leave her side."

He sighed. "He never had James' kindness but he didn't enjoy hurting people....not as a boy anyway. None of them were born evil...well, William was always self centered. But John, Erik, and Michael once had souls."

He had drawn Rose and Alyssa into his arms as he spoke now.

"John used to play music for all of us. He learned many instruments. Including the harpischord and the dulicmer. Mother always loved his music. And Erik would sing sometimes. He had a lovely voice as a boy and youth."

Rose could attest to his still having a fine singing voice as a man. But no other redeeming qualities.

Fisher was curious. "What about Michael?"

"Ah Michael...named for our grandfather, hence the II. Rigid and stubborn. But so very devoted. He took part in the cleaning every year. He polished the family trophies personally...."

Tia spoke softly. "What about William?"

"William...william...well he did have a keen mind. And he helped our sisters with their educations...but he was always seeking more power for the family. More...attention. more...just more."

He sighed. "And John fed that. Of course they all made their own choices. But John..." he shook his head. Then laughed. "But enough bemoaning rhe past. We should be enjoying the future."

He kissed Rose's head and tickled Alyssa, making her squirm and giggle, which in turn delighted David making him kick.

Rose and Tia watched the boys. Each woman took their child and watched poor Fisher as he tried to dodge his Duke's grasp.

Rose laughed and was taken back to the old Granger boy days.

Poor Fisher was getting it easy.

Both women were surprised when Fisher pounced on his Duke and they both went under again.

"Well, well Fisher!" The duchess was clearly impressed and cheered on the man that watch over her for so long.

After Rallon laughed and continued where they left off, Alyssa seemed to cheer from the sidelines.

"Now this is a family..."

Fisher reminded her of James. He was a kind boy and never backed down from a challenge.

Hearing her husband speak about the good old days with the boys and how the others were not always as they were.

"Indeed and speaking about the future I really look forward to breakfast," there was a slightly impish grin on her face.

Tia threw her a look dirty look followed by a smile, "A deal is a deal."

Time seemed to fly by in the water and Rose looked at her hands and noted just how wrinkled they were.

"It might be time for us to get out..." Alyssa looked at her little fingers and saw that they too were wrinkled and tried to show them to her dad in great earnest.

Alyssa was so concerned she gave her father's cry.

Mom was an elongated "neeh!"

Dad was "emmmm!"

Tuchesi was "gah!"

And her big sister was either "flpbsh!" Or one of her giggles.

These were not of course pronounced clearly enough for anyone but her family to understand them.

But Rallon heard the cry and instantly came to his daughter's aide. "What is it my love?"

She patted her palms together, examined them, and then showed him.

"Ahhh getting wrinkly I see. Your mother is right. Probably time to get out."

Alyssa gabbled for a moment, then drifted off, holding his hand.

She knew his and Rose's hands far better than her own.

She could already pick out his scars. His face and hands were some of her favorite toys.

But now his hand was all pruned and wrinkled.

It confused her.

Rallon gently nudged her back agaist Rose's chest, then drew one of Rose's hands for her to examine.

Alyssa cooed, fascinated now, softly touching both hands with her own.

Then she looked at her own again. She stared for a long while, then gabbled, looking at her father.

"I can only assure you they will look normal again very soon."

Alyssa stared at him, then lay back against her mother.

Rallon scooped his ladies up, kissing his bride while Alyssa continued to examine her hands.

In the bedroom she wriggled and called for her sister, and Rallon obliged, but put her against Cynthia's back, between her and Tuchesi.

Tuchesi yawned, then lay his head over the girl and went back to sleep.

Cynthia crooned for attention, and indicated to her mother that the pups were actually awake and moving around. Eyes still closed for now, but they were crawling all over each other, and squealing whenever they bumped each others their mother, or when she stopped them from leaving the pillow.

Alyssa could just see them and watched curiously as they wriggled while Rallong assisted Rose in undressing, washing, drying and getting ready for the afternoon/evening's relaxation.

Then he shooed her to see to her daughters, but stole Alyssa before she couls tend to the girl and did the same for her, returning Alyssa to her mother washed, dried and changed while he got ready.

Clearly Rose was to be pampered this trip.

Alyssa got distracted from watching her neices and nephews by her hands again. They had fallen asleep while she was being changed, and by now the wrinkles were faded from her hands.

She was confused again and showed her mother, then showed Tuchesi who cocked his head, then licked her palms.

This amused but also did not help the girl.

So she got Cynthia's attention and gabbled to her, then showed her her hands.

Cynthia listened and watched.

Then sniffed both tiny hands, huffed and licked Alyssa's cheek, getting a squeal and a hug for it.

Alyssa was dressed like her mother, comfortable of course, but also cool and collected.

Rallon spoke softly. "Feeling more relaxed my love?

It was an adorable sight to see her daughter concerned about the wrinkles on her little hands.

Her husband was as sweet and comforting as ever as he reassured their littlest one that she would be fine.

When Rallon scooped them up and took his family back to their room.

Even if Rose tried to protest about how she was perfectly capable of taking care of herself, she would not deny that she enjoyed his attention and pampering ways.

Kisses were shared and when she was cleaned up and dressed she was going to scoop up their youngest, but Rallon beat her to Alyssa.

Visibly did she gawk at the man as he walked away with their daughter.

There was a little laugh before she spent some time showering their eldest in love and admiring her grandchildren.

When Alyssa was handed back to her, the wee one seemed perplexed about her fingers.

To see Tuchesi lick her hand and Cynthia kiss her little sister's cheek.

Rose could not help but smile and bite back a smile at the display.

Both girls were dawning floral blue dresses that were comfortable, thin, and flowy.

Alyssa always made it known that she preferred to have her feet bare and always found those little toes adorable.

When it was cold, she left the little one no choice, but with the weather as beautiful as it was, she made the wee one happy.

When Rallon was all dressed and joined his ladies, Rose smiled and nodded her head.

"I did not realize just how stressed I was before we came here..." Another kiss was taken from the lips of her beloved husband before she sat and watched her daughters and little ones in an adorable sight.

"My love... I am... so blessed, and so happy...." Idly did she caress her eldest's coat in silent adoration and comfort. "Shall we enjoy dinner beneath the stars?"

Rallon grinned. "Where else would we eat? Part of being here is eating on the pavilion."

He gently tickled his nails over her tummy. "Besides would I deny our girls such a first meal?"

He gave her a squeeze and another kiss, then heard rhe bell ring. "Alright you. Shoo."

He hustled her from the room while he scooped up the dogs and their bed and carried them out to the dining pavilion overlooking the pool and the fields all around.

The pavilion was floored with red stone, and cut straight out from library. Rallon's mother had loved it for reading especially.

Tia, Fisher, and David were already waiting, and smiled when Rallon put the dogs on a large chair, so for once the dogs were actually at a level with the table.

Rallon then washed the fur from his hands and shirt before sitting.

He fed both dogs while the conversation happened, Tia gushing over how comfortable and relaxing the house was. And of course over Rose and Alyssa's dresses.

This was a moment of peace that Rose once dreamed of and her dreams never did it any justice.

Feeling his arms wrap around her in an embrace and the kiss brought out a hum of delight.

The sound of the bell caught her attention and she laughed as she was shooed.

It was nice to see the familiar faces of their friends, who were clearly enjoying this time off as much as they were.

The setting was beautiful and the company only made it all the more inviting.

Alyssa and Rose were seated and watched as Rallon placed the dogs in their own chair.

The matching attire of mother and daughter was pointed out and thoroughly complimented followed by the admiration of the wee pups.

"This was an amazing first day to relax and even little David seems to be loving the atmosphere."

The formerly cranky baby seemed so calm while Alyssa seemed to be laughing at Fisher, who was not so subtly making faces to get the tot to laugh.

"Ten more days..." Tia uttered with a look towards her friend.

Rose knew what her friend was hinting at and there was a wicked little smile on her sweet lips.

It was the number of days left before the children would be two months old.

The exact number of days before the Duke and Duchess could finally get intimately reacquainted with one another.

"Tia..." Rose smiled, acknowledging her friend's reminder and raising her cup in a silent cheer for the near future.

Both women broke out in laughter and sipped at their drinks while continuing with the conversation.

"Ten more days?"

Fisher was out of the loop on this one.

"Until I sell Alyssa for a diamon mine in Cairo."

Rallon grinned and dodged the playful blow his wife threw at him, and caught the napkin Tia threw at him.

"What? She's priceless."

Alyssa giggled, knowing her daddy was talking about her.

Rallon then smoothed the joke away with his usual charm. "And even so not even a fraction of her mother's infinite worth."

Fisher rolled his eyes as Rallon stole a kiss.

Which made him the next target.

"I figure I sell David's hair for a silver mine near Carthage. It's enough like Tia's they might not mind the smell of Englishman."

"Hey!"

Tia waited. Then spoke. "Is that all you have?"

"What?"

"Fight back my love. We are here to relax. You are not violating law to tell our lordship that the only value he currently has is Rose's lipstick and the hairs of the wolves on his pants."

Rallon laughed. "Very nice."

Rose had seen and partaken these family games before. Rallon loved the insult game. It required cleverness to say something truly devastating but without striking a genuine blow.

His mother had been the hands down champion. She could reduce any of her children to fits of laughter with a wicked smile.

Rallon looked at a still shy Fisher then raised his spoon and waved it like a wand before aiming it at young David, who looked at him curiously.

"And you sir are entirely too willful for someone so very small. I think we shall have to turn you in a bellringer. You are much too ugly to be let out but it will give you purpose."

David of course giggled at the attention. Especially when Rallin finished by giving him a large bite of crushed honied ham.

He gummed it hard, quite liking it. Then squealed for more.

Rallon looked at Tia. "I give it a passable. He'll learn."

"True. Sadly cannot be said for you my lord. Does it not get tiresome my lady? Living with an overgrown toddler?"

Rallon laughed and clapped. "Very good!"

Fisher shook his head. "What started this game?"

"William called one of the girls smelly. I called him pompous. And we were off. Rose often left him shaking with rage when she got done. She always got under his skin so easily."

"But...insults?"

"Mother said it let out illfeeling. Even if it were small it allowed one to vent frustrations. Often selfish ones but still."

"Have you ever beaten Rose?"

"No."

Tia smirked. "Have you ever tried?"

"Of course." He sipped his drink.

"Prove it."

Rallon shrugged and looked to his wife. "My darling bride. You remain the most breathtaking and marvelous being ever to walk this earth. My moments without you are agony, and I find myself hating every breath I do not take in your presence. You light up my light and give beat to my heart."

"There." He sipped again.

Tia and Fisher stared at him. Then shared a look. Then Tia spoke. "How is that...lovely statement an insult?"

Rallin considered. "I don't know. But I also don't know how to insult perfection. Also known as Duchess Rose."

He took Rose's hand and kissed it.

He had never even attempted to play against her. Even in group games she only ever got compliments.

He simply refused to say otherwise about her.

Tia laughed. "So what if it ended up between the two of you?"

Rallon shrugged. "I'd lose. Happily."

Tia rolled her eyes. "You two are disgustingly adorable."

Rallon grinned and leaned over for another kiss.

She and Tia reacted similarly to her husband's reply about trading their daughter for diamonds.

This brought back memories.

The Granger family held the most prominent memories in her mind because it was truly never a dull moment with them.

The look given to her husband before he uttered his charming remark with a look of mischief followed by a kiss that she could never refuse.

Rose both smiled and went slack-jawed as her husband continued to goad Fisher and she couldn't help but smile as Tia easily caught on and Fisher finally joined in the fun.

She instantly rolled her eyes when asked if her husband ever won against her.

His charming statement made her smile as she was left speechless, as always.

The kiss on her hand caused her to blush and look away from but a moment.

Being called disgustingly adorable made her break out into laughter.

A kiss was shared and Alyssa lauged after her mother.

"This... this is fun and I am glad that we took the opportunity to do this."

She kissed her daughter and smiled in content.

It did not go amiss to see Fisher pressing a kiss to his own wife's lips and then looking at their son with a proud smile.

"That was something long needed indeed," Fisher uttered with sigh of comfort before continuing to take a drink and enjoy the sight around them.

Rallon reached over and raised Alyssa onto his chest.

She reached for his face, but for once he stopped her tiny hands as his chair reclined and he pointed up.

She followed hia fingers until she was looking up at the countless stars above.

These were same as at home, here there was no light pollution, the house quite dark.

They could actually see the purple and blue spray of the galaxy itself behind the thousands upon thousands of stars.

Alyssa cooed in awed wonder, now holding tight to her daddy's fingers, her little eyes lost as she took it all in.

Fisher did the same with his son, and David gabbled at the stars, reaching for them before flopping back onto his father, just as amazed.

Then Rallon spoke very softly.
"Into the waves of inifinity went I, to seek and sojourn.
Upon countless shores did I trek, and into endless surfs did I embark.
But there between the stars, where light and dark are born,
There didst my love begin, and there you, your eyes, your face my soul did mark.
Whence came the shining sun and glowing moon, to sunder us for all.
But never said I, shall this be, for you were my one, my only, my call.
So across the seas of time and space, the deserts of fate and chance,
Did I persue, chase and follow, as we engaged in our immortal dance.
And time grew less and space rubbed thin, the masters of all losing force,
Thereupon the last shore of inifinity, the final rock of life,
There did I catch you at last, and bind you to me as light to it's source,
And in that moment of our joining, the last of it's time, came the knife.
The Knife of Fate cut anew, and did split the worlds asunder.
And so fell we, bound together, and upon this world did blunder.
And in the dawning of this world did we remake our bond. A promise of life and love,
And ever growing fond.
A choice betwixt we two came, whether to strive or to fall, and gripping hands and pledging hearts, we did proclaim, forever after and for all,
'For us, for you, for them, for those that were, and those that are, we shall rally on, and challenge the knife's final slice. Together always near and far, we journey ever ever on.
Against the tumbling on the dice. Until the curtain's final call.'"

His right hand had slithered into Rose's.

It was a clumsy rhyme.

But one he had written for her when they were still just children. Even then he had adored her.

He had been mocked for this 'poem'. But he had never been shy about it's intent or focus.

And now he raised her hand and kissed it. And whispered. "Through every wave of infinity. And across every shore of fate. I am yours always Rose."

Rose rested her head upon her husband's shoulder as he began his rhyme as they enjoyed the night sky.

The feeling of his hand sliding into her was most welcome.

Maybe there were disgustingly adorable, but there was not a single thing she would change about everything up until now.

Tia pressed a kiss to Fisher's cheek and watched as their son tried to literally reach for the stars.

The poem made her smile, especially since it was not the first time she heard it, but she never grew tired of it.

Even as kids, she was always in awe of Rallon and his talent to accomplish anything he put him mind to.

The girls were right when they pointed out that their brother, her husband, the father of their children.... was simply perfect.

"Rallon, my moon, my stars... I fell in love with your soul and even when we grow old I will look into your eyes to only surmise that paradise lies at my side for all time."

This one was clunky in her mind and thought of on the spot and the picture was clear, "I love you."

The food was settling in her stomach and the sound of a peaceful night was a symphony.

The sound of the most adorable yawn reached her ears. One of the pups had quite the vocals and an image of all of the little ones, with their eyes open, and running circles around their parents made her smile.

This was a lovely night and it was lovely to think that they would be able to do this again.

"Tomorrow, we start with a delicious breakfast, courtesy of the ever-so-talented Tia and, as luck would have it, I brought my sword and daggers to train with."

You could hear the smile in her voice and Tia smiled hard and rolled her eyes as well.

"As my lady wishes. As always."

Alyssa yawned as well, and Rallon nodded. "Alright. Bedtime. For the Grangers. Tia, Fisher, David, enjoy if you will."

He kissed Rose first, nibbling her palm softly as he whispered. "I love you too."

Then he handed Alyssa over, her eyes already closed, and fetched the dogs.

And took the family inside.

Cynthia gave him a kiss as he put the bed down, and then he folded around Rose as she finished tucking in Alyssa.

He nibbled her ear and tugged it a bit roughly. "Growing old together huh? I can manage that. But we both know neither of will slow down until our bodies simply can't keep anymore. Guna give this one fits."

He gestured a finger at the snoozing Alyssa.

Then drew Rose to bed.

He was very handsy, bitey, and they made out for quite sometime before sleep came over them.

Then she woke to her husband actually sitting on her middle.

He had her pinned down and now grinned, his eyes gleaming with playfulness. "Someone wriggled after being changed. And I couldn't have you moving."

Then a tiny hand fell onto her left eyebrow, followed by another onto her right, and with a series of grunts, Alyssa peeked over her forehead into her mother's eyes and squealed excitedly.

"I folded your hair under your head so she wouldn't pull any. But she has been having a great time patting and stroking what's on top."

Alyssa gurgled at her mother excitedly.

"She's been up for about thirty minutes. Needed changed, but then didn't wanna snuggle. Just wanted you. Was guna let her wake you but you just looked so peaceful. And she was really quiet. But then she got stuck on this pillow and i needed to reach her...and here we are."

Of course she was supporting none of his weight. That would have instantly awoken her.

And he had actually woken her thus before. Usually to kiss her many times with her arms pinned so she had to beg mercy or for air before he would stop.

Alyssa cried out and he sighed, and rolled onto his own side, taking the girl with him and onto his arm ao she could sit beside Rose's head.

She patted Rose's cheek and gave her Mommy cry, her eyes so happy and bright.

As the Granger family dismissed themselves to bed, Rose could feel the fun and relaxation of the day closing in on her.

Her daughter, son-in-law, and their precious grandchildren were cozy and sleepy.

Alyssa was prepared for bed and sleeping soundly before her head hit her own little bed.

Their time in bed was sweet, fun, and romantic. He had her smiling so hard that her cheeks were starting to hurt.

The sleep was divine and when she woke up, her eyes landed upon the sight of her husband sitting, well.... hovering over her.

There was a smile and a little laugh, "What on earth?"

As it was explained, the tiny hands upon her brow and such an adorable face ensnared her attention.

"You are the most adorable little mischief maker and I love it. I love you, sweetheart."

That her hair hadn't been pulled was a miracle. Seeing her husband roll at her side and reposition their daughter had her pressing a kiss to their precious daughter's cheek.

"Are you hungry my wee one? I look forward to Tia's cooking and you can watch mommy take lessons from daddy."

With that, she took her daughter, held her over her mother, and made the little one break out in laughter from Eskimo kisses.

She hugged their youngest upon her chest and looked over at her beloved husband.

"What about you, my love, are you hungry?" That one question had two meanings because they always had a craving for one another, but breakfast always sounded nice.

Many mornings started feasting upon one another and looking more disheveled in the after-math than when they first woke up.

"Let us get cleaned up, ready, and see what Tia has whipped up for breakfast."

With that, she got up and greeted her eldest and the wee ones with some love and affection before getting Alyssa cleaned up and dressed and propped her up against her big sister to admire her nieces and nephews.

A flora flowy dress hung off of creamy shoulders and long locks were tied back with a ribbon. It was a comfortable dress in the same yellow and blue colors as their daughter.

A glimpse of the weather outside looked promising.

"Are you ready, love?"

Rallon folded his arms about her before she could fetch Alyssa, and pinned her in place against him, his reaction throbbing against her butt and lower back.

He gave her a tight squeeze. "I am always hungry for the sweetest of sweets."

And he began to nibble her neck and ear, his tongue savoring her flavor.

Then a knock came and he growled. "Interrupted my breakfast. Enter!"

A servant peeked in. "Your Graces, Lady Tia says breakfast is ready on the veranda."

"Very well and thank you....shall we?"

Rose was pleasantly surprised to be captured in her husband's embrace. Her smile was plastered to her face as she felt her husband's arousal pressing into her.

Her hands came to rest upon his with her head tilted to the side as she relished in the feeling of his feasting upon her flesh.

Her eyes were laden with building arousal when the knock sounded up the door.

Silently she admitted that the sound of his growl raised goosebumps of excitement upon her flesh.

When the time for the two to finally be able to enjoy one another completely, she knew that she would be thoroughly and unequivocally elevated.

"Let us not keep Tia waiting, I am excited to taste her cooking. I've had food made by her before and it is truly a treat."

Alyssa was scooped up and held as the family made their way down to the veranda.

It was a lovely morning. A mottle of baby blue and white, blended to fashion a gorgeous morning hue that adorned the sky.

The air invited one to spend time on the beautiful veranda.

Rose could smell the delicious aroma of Tia's skill before they could even get to the table where baby David and his father sat engaged in a moment.

David looked as though he was recovering from a crying session and Fisher was speaking to his son in a comforting tone while looking the little one in the eyes.

The tears ceased and David seemed to calm down at his father's words.

Rose had seen her husband do that a handful of times with their own little one and it made her smile as her chair was pulled out and she took a seat.

"Is all well over there?" Rose wore a motherly smile, knowing that Fish was a great father, but it was still an adorable sight to see.

Back
Top Bottom