Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lady in Waiting (Lady Bloody Ava & Greeneyed23)

"I am all yours my love."

Rose was snide.

Rallon had thrown the last fool to treat Cynthia like a mere dog out of the house.

And had killed the last fool to aim violence at her.

Cynthia was a devoted daughter, as proven by her presence near her parents, her tail bouncing as her birthing was brought up.

"Let's tidy up. You too Cynthia."

She fell into step with her mother, craning her neck for attention.

Rallom stole Alyssa back now, and once more she fell to playing with his face and hair.

Cynthia was shown some love by her mother before the family walked off and back towards their bedroom.

The sight of the Lord and Lady Granger's family together brought smiles to faces that worked various roles within the walls of their home.

Alyssa loved getting reactions out of her father and Rose enjoyed the sight of both of her daughters enjoying themselves.

The large bath was filled ahead of them and waiting as the family arrived.

Rose undressed, leaving Alyssa to her father while Cynthia decided to join her mother and the chuckle sounded at watching her pregnant daughter try to delicately insert herself into the bath. "Oh, my love... you are due soon." Attention was showered on their eldest as Rose took to caressing at the wet fur as Cynthia rested against her mother.

"With all that is happening, I wouldn't be surprised if my grandchildren decided to make their debut on my birthday or soon after. Their aunt had impeccable timing."

It felt nice to take a little dip, but she knew that they could not linger too long as the dinner was not too far away.

Rallon slipped in with Alyssa, letting her bob in the water to the girl's delight.

"That is possible. It would be quite the thing. And make it easy to remember."

He mussed Cynthia's ears making her growl happily.

"What do you think girl? Guna pop for mama?"

She gave a yowl and kissed her mother.

"That's no answer furball. But we will see. Alright. We have three proposals at your birthday. Next wager. Who gets actually married first, the cousins or Amelia? And then who gets pregnant first? My money on the former is Amelia. But I suspect Jessica will be pregnant first."

He grinned. "And to be clear I don't disaprove. But she and her intended were seen getting frisky."

He chuckled. "I am just so glad they are both happy. And well treated."

He rubbed Cynthia's jaw. "And they have been so helpful. I did manage to get their dowries arranged but John won't part with their lands for anything like a reasonable price. I did manage to regain their family homes because he didn't have the deeds but it was close."

He sighed. Alyssa was laying against his chest, sitting on his left arm, and splashing, trying to catch Cynthia's tail.

Cynthia was darting it about expertly, seemingly not even looking at her sister.

A laugh rang out as Rose was suddenly kissed by her eldest daughter and the smile was as bright as ever.

The topic of conversation was quite the engaging one and had Rose thinking for a moment.

"I actually have to agree. Amelia knows what she wants and has planned out what she wants for her wedding ceremony numerous times and therefore I have no doubt that she will be the first one married."

The information about Jessica did bring out a chuckle from the lady.

"As far as who gets pregnant first, I feel that it might be up in the air. Jessica and her partner are ravenous for one another for sure, but you hardly see Lilah as often, because I hear that they frequent his bedchambers all too often." With that note, she shrugged to acknowledge her indecisiveness between the two.

Rose watched their youngest interact with their eldest and could not seem to take her eyes off of the sight as she spoke, "And you have to remember, after the Lord and Lady Havish passed away, certain nobles and the menaces that once shared your name stripped them of most of their lands and fortune, putting them in the same boat as Jessica and Lilah."

Idly did she stroke sweet Cynthia's head as she continued voicing her thoughts to the one person whose opinion she greatly valued above all.

"I actually brought this up to Maybel, and after all that they have been through they want nothing save happiness and to secure that their bloodline will continue on. The Havish will continue to be a very notable family, and my family has land to offer Jessica and Fenrir and Lilah and Joseph. It is not much, but they will be happy nonetheless, especially with their family homes at least secured."

The mere thought of John's interference in their family made her want to groan, but she brushed it off.

"We have a lot that needs to be accomplished before each of these girls is wed off. Those are a lot of dowries." Knowing Rallon he already thought about this, "Your parents truly were amazing, Rallon Granger." The woman could scarcely imagine how one planned to have, raise, and see off so many daughters. Each with their own dowry.

"Well, my lovelies, shall we round off this lovely session before we are all as shriveled as prunes? Hm?" Cynthia was showered in kisses all over her head and admired with a smile. "Come, let us get you dry."

Rallon got out first, laying Alyssa down on a towel and wrapping her quickly, then helped out Cynthia, then his bride, who he folded in one of her robes before helping her dry Cynthia.

He did not speak until they were mid redressing, he helping her tie her dress, then he paused, his knuckles softly pressing into her back.

He began to caress the skin with his thumbs.

"You know we could sell Jessica and Lilah that old farm of your cousin's. The one that never took off. If we split it in half that would match their former holdings. And with them needing to reestablish their names they would be the perfect lords to properly see to it. If we bought it from him at a fair price, then sell it to the girls at a steep discount we supply their dowries and steady their futures. As to the other brats the bastards didn't manage to sell off their dowries. At least not the land."

He shook his head and finished her dress with a kiss to her neck.

Then he turned to Alyssa and got her dressed, making her giggle many times, while Cynthia was being groomed by Tuchesi.

"And it turns out that Gregory and a few of the others were very molelike. They had hoards all over the countryside. We have found two digging up the foundation for the castle, another nine in tilling the farmland, and I investigated and found five more in various crypts, priestholes, and other hiding spots. And as they are all marked with the family crest..."

He chuckled.

"So the Granger girls, including this tiny delight, are well covered financially. The land is somewhat troubling. Though it is mostly John that worries me..."

He smirked at Cynthia. "Fortunately you don't need a dowry my dear. And your mother was her own dowry. Utterly priceless."

He offered his arm. He was in one of his new suits, chosen to match her dress for this event.

"So after dinner you find your cousin and ask him to meet with us about his fallo farm...oooh and we should see if he still owns that rotted pier to the northeast. If he is agreeable we could provide that as well for the Havish lads to manage. I am sure a good price could be arranged. Maybe even enough he could get his own house here and stay closer. I know you would love to have Malachite close on a more permanent basis. And I do love his company as well."

He lead her to the dinner, where they were early, but still last to arrive.

The Queen was looking most regal, but that did not stop her from stealing Alyssa, who went happily.

Rose and Rallon were back in the loveseat, and her parents sat beside them at the much smaller table, along with Tia and Fisher, and of course David, though he was stolen by Rose's mother.

Rallon made sure everyone, especially Tia was eating.

She worked nearly as hard as Rose and he had no patience for either when they tried to skip meals.

He had made it clear that both could, and would, be sat down and fed, by hand if need be, if they showed so much a single sign of hunger.

The Queen spoke first, watching Alyssa play with her lovely string necklace that had many golden dangles. "So we came to discuss Rose's great aunt?"

"Yes Your Majesty. I have not had the honor of meeting her, but I suspect I am to be inspected, so I wanted to get some insight from you three, and of course prepare myself, Rose, and through Tia and Fisher the household."

The Queen nodded. "I am happy to help of course."

They all looked to Rose's parents for information on the lady in question.

Rallon was softly rubbing Rose's neck and shoulder as he ate.

Tuchesi and Cynthia were eating their own dishes under the loveseat, Cynthia pressed against her mother's legs.

It was a peaceful moment as the family dried off and got redressed.

Rose listened as her husband brought up buying the farmlands belonging to her cousin Malachite and selling it to the girls at a very affordable price.

She listened, but the sensation of his touch and the follow up of the kiss upon her neck had her very relaxed with a sweet smile gifted to him when he was done assisting with her dress.

Cynthia was given a loving scratch behind the ears before the loving Lady Granger took her precious husband's offered arms and looked at the littlest Granger as she was held by her father and took to admiring his facial features with her mighty little hands.

"At least the girls are taken care of and I am sure that my cousin will be willing to sell it to us at a fair price. He has been spending far more time in York and his family still has plenty of lands that I doubt they would miss the farmland or the pier."

When the family arrived Rose smiled at the sight of everyone. Her Majesty was stunning and it was adorable how taken Alyssa was with their Queen.

Tia and Fisher were always a gorgeous and exotic couple and her parents looked preoccupied with David, while her father was engaged in a discussion with Fisher about the impact of the protection of the roads and how it coincided with the boom of the market.

When the food arrived Rose everyone ate their fill and was ready for the topic at hand when everyone had settled and most of the dinner was out of the way.

Rose was finished with her food and a half of an apple pie sat uneaten before her as she admitted defeat rather than finishing what was left.

Charles cleared his throat for a moment before starting the discussion.

"Other than yourself, Rallon, Rose's Great Aunt Duchess Elator of Brusswick and Greenfield is the most powerful noble in the lands. While yes, she is family, her sole focus has always been the development of her lands and maintaining that dominance in an orderly manner that benefits its people. However, Duchess Elator has had more traitors in her family than from outside. It ould be a reason why she never comes to visit these lands."

Alyssa squealed and reached over to her grandfather who instinctively took his granddaughter in his arms and gave her a kiss on the forehead and looked down upon her with a smile while Victoria continued.

"No one in our family has made strives like the Grangers and Rose to marry into the Granger line and then dawning the title of Lady of York may not be all that has caught her eye. The flow of merchants has changed greatly. Improvements are well noted. Impressive moves made. My mother once told me that this woman was an avid chess payer and we are all pawns. If I had to take a guess, I would say that Lord and Lady Granger made notable moves that caught her attention."

"And what she plans on doing from there is as good as anyone's guess, I assume?" Spoke Rose as she enjoyed her husband's skilled hand as he massaged her neck and shoulders.

The Queen gestured at Rallon.

"Our host is also a keen chess player."

He smiled. Her Majesty was also a player.

Rallon had yet to lose to anyone in the house.

He had even played the entire harem in silmutaneous games and won them all.

Tia had convinced him to try and still marveled at his skills.

He and the Queen had spent six hours on one game, but eventually he had defeated her.

"Your Majesty is very kind... But I suppose the question is, do you think she sees us as peers? Or threats? Is she coming to enjoy the family's increase? Or to challenge it because it challenges her own power?"

Tia nodded. "I understand she has never come. But she did write to Lady Rose. Not to Lord Rallon. While My Lady is brilliant and behind much of the reforms and changes, her efforts have been very passive. The school. The church. Tending to family matters. These have longterm effects. To ensure the enduring legacy of the family. They do not in themselves indicate any form of challenge to another noble. Correct?"

Rallon considered. "Whereas my more dynamic shifts of establishing markets and new work areas and expanding our population and borders would."

She nodded. "Less for her to have. Lady Rose was and is cultivating what we already had."

"An interestint point. But Rose has also been key in asssisting in the markets and negotiations in ways of which a noblewoman would be well aware."

Tia nodded. "True..."

Fisher spoke. "Perhaps it is the people in this room that cause the attention?"

Rallon arched a brow.

"Her Majesty, My Lady's parents. Through Lady Rose and yourself you have relations or relationships with every noble in the north, Ireland and Scotland."

Rallon nodded. "Very true. And because I challenged John and won..."

The Queen nodded. "You and Rose are something of a rallying cry for the noble's issues with John."

Rallon's hand stayed soft and tender as he rubbed Rose's neck and shoulders.

"Perhaps she sees how closely Rose and I work and distrusts that?"

The Queen arched a brow at that. "Why?"

"Well while Tia makes an excellent point in the official reality, the truth is different. Nothing I do happens without discussion with Rose. I support her and she supports me in all things. She is my wisest advisor, and I do my best to give what limited knowledge I have to her in return."

Fisher and Tia nodded, having seen the way the couple worked together.

The Queen studied them. "Truly?"

"That castle would not have bent a blade of grass without Rose's approval. She has keen insight and again deep wisdom. My trust in her in all things is absolute."

He kissed Rose's cheek. "Always my better half."

Her parents smiled at that.

David rumbled and Rallon stole him and handed him to his bride. David gurgled up at Rose, always happy to see her.

The Queen gestured. "So what are you suggesting Rallon?"

"That the Lady is coming because she fears Rose and I as a team....or perhaps she wants to ally with us as the same. I know I would not be as effective without Rose. I flatter myself to think I have been of some help to her efforts."

Tia rolled her eyes at that but said nothing.

The Queen pointed at Rose with her glass. "Lady Rose you take little credit but it seems they disagree. What are your future plans? You seem dedicated to cultivated a skilled labor force, a happy populace, a healthy family, and abundant resources. If that is correct, it would indeed be excellent long term planning."

Fisher spoke. "Her Ladyship was famous among the common folk for being the only noble to continue to give to the poor throughout the...fallow years. Whether coin or food, or even shelter, she let no one suffer pointlessly. And it was she who convinced those monks to rebuild to the northwest."

"The healers?" This came from Rose' father.

"Yes My Lord."

Rallon smirked. "Told you. Deep wisdom."

The Queen nodded. "I understand your tendency to defense Rallon, but I have another theory. The lady may be coming to utilize those same techniques, and Rose's wisdom, for her own gain."

Rallon nodded thoughtfully. "Does she actually have holding here? I could not find her name on any deeds or titles but that doesn't mean she doesn't manage any."

Many interesting points were brought up and Rose rolled her eyes almost the same time as Tia as her husband played off how significant of a role he played in all of this.

"There are those indebted to her, and by they I mean a handful of nobles and some lesser nobles as well. So she does have a bit of footing here, but more than that, I am unsure of," Victoria chimed in.

Rose was smitten with David whose eyes and smile could brighten anyone's day.

"I guess the question still remains. Be she friend or foe, we may not know. I surmise, when the time arrives is when we will know be she friend or foe." Rose laughed lightly at the rhyme as she sang the rhyme that she conjured out of now where. In her mind it was silly, but David laughed for whatever reason and it was contagious for the Lady.

Fisher chuckled lightly and then stopped as though he were stuck by some hard unknown force, "Does your Great Aunt have an heir?"

Victoria gasped and smacked her husband's arm out of nowhere at the notion. Charles was surprised at his wife's strength and held a look of shock and awe at her, but Victoria clearly had something to say, "she lost her son to an illness, and her only daughter is kept behind closed doors after an abhorrent display five years ago!"

Lady Beaumont was shocked that the notion had slipped her mind, "Do you think it could be related to that? They both show great promise and, as far as I know, it is up in the air as to who will follow after your Great Aunt."

Rallon cocked his head. "What display?"

He had been in the East.

He nodded toward his bride. "You think it possible she could name Rose as her heir?"

Tia spoke. "She said both."

Rallon shook his head. "I am not related to the good lady."

Tia smirked but said nothing.

Alyssa cooed then cried out, not understanding but fascinated by her grandmother's excitement.

Victoria shivered at the thought as she remembered the tale once told her.

Rose recalled her mother telling her about an incident when reprimanding her before a gala and spoke as she filled her husband in on what had happened.

"Her daughter is said to have snapped one evening and attempted to murder her mother in her sleep. Apparently small incidents happened up until the date that could have caused some form of harm to the Duchess. It was said to be untrue, but the girl, when rarely seen is sullen and looked soulless and is kept in a modest estate on the outskirts of the main family grounds. That is heavily guarded and a medic can be seen frequently visiting."

A kiss was pressed to her husband's lips and a hand caressing at his thigh as she bounced baby David gently in the nook of her other arm.

"You married into this family. We are one unit and have accomplished so much together. I like to think that there is no ill will behind the visit, but Fisher might be on to something as well. Who would be her heir?"

Charles smiled at his granddaughter as she put on the most adorable display, "Maybe it is neither of you and actually little Lady Alyssa, daughter of the Lord and Lady of York? The woman is always said to be two steps ahead of the game. Maybe she has plans for the future that entail this portion of the family."

Rose pressed a kiss to David's chubby little cheek and passed the little one off to his mother.

"There are simply too many possibilities and there is not really any prep work that can be done for any outcome, is there? We simply wait until the day that she arrives."

Alyssa seemed to mimic her mother as she relaxed upon the Queen while her mother relaxed against Rallon while listening to the conversation.

Her birthday and the engagement announcements sometime around that. Rose was always mindful that she could be a grandparent any day now, and the visit with the Duchess of Brusswick and Greenfield would come in due time.

"Well, this was an interesting dinner indeed. More time had come to pass than she expected. While Rose would normally take a moment to go and check on the girl, AMelia had taken it upon herself, lately, to check on her sisters, especially Thea.

The girl was certainly itching and ready for a family of her own and it showed.

"Well, shall we call it a night, unless someone else has another theory to propose?" Rose asked as she watched their dear daughter look around the room at the adults all around her.

"A most wise suggestion."

Rallon stood, helped her do the same, then they bid goodnight to everyone, retrieving their daughter, Cynthia and Tuchesi falling into line.

They tucked Alyssa into her bassinet with hugs and kisses, changed, then Rose slept wrapped in his arms, Cynthia snuggled against her mother.

After that time seemed to pass quickly.

And Rose was constantly busy out of the house. The school, the castle chapel, details on the castle Rallon refused to answer for, and her mother took her shopping, her father took her to Malachite's farm where he happily sold it to her for the girls. And more besides.

Alyssa was with her, as were the wolves, at all times.

Rallon took her to lunch at the local inns every day, and they dined with the Queen every night, usually with her parents in attendance while Tony entertained them all with tales of the sea.

The day of her birthday dawned with a loving kiss and a corsage of her favorites laid on her chest by her husband.

Alyssa was in his arms gurgling.

"Cynthia has a surprise for you."

The wolf for once was on her 'actual' bed. And looked exhausted. At her belly scrabbled 7 tiny little forms.

Tuchesi was laying across the room, watching silently as they ate hungrily.

"She managed to get them all out in the last hour. I woke up an hour ago because this one whined and she was still with us. Went back to sleep and wake just in time to see her finishing. Four girls three males. She did well."

Cynthia smiled tiredly, then looked at her mother.

Rallon smirked and kissed her brow. "Happy Birthday my love. And Happy Grandmother's day as well. She hasn't let Tuchesi close yet but he's not pushing too hard."

Alyssa pawed for her mother but Rallon did give her over just yet.

"She hasn't figured out they are there yet. They don't move enough to get her attention."

The little figures did look like balls of fabric.

Three had Cynthia's grey and white colors though in different styles.

One was jet black like Tuchesi, and the other three had interesting mixtures of their parents.

Rallon's eyes danced. "I propose Fancia for the black one, she has startling blue eyes and it reminds of the sea sailing toward Dover. And the little tyke with the black and white tail I offer Medan. He was gripping his closest sister's tail with surprising strength when they came out last. And she I offer Blossom. In honor of her grandmother. I have not yet found anything that seems to fit the other four yet. Nor have I checked with their mother on my susggestions yet. Just got her some water and a new towel."

Cynthia was lapping as they spoke and now lay her head down, watching her parents and her litter at once. She looked so very tired. And so very proud.

Upon her birthday morning, she awoke to a lovely corsage and the welcoming sight of her youngest daughter, and the loving face of her husband. Upon hearing about her eldest having a surprise, Rose sat up and looked over at Cynthia in her bed and softly gasped with both hands over her mouth in shock.

The blanket covering the lower half of her body was tossed aside as she sat upon the edge of the bed, trying so hard not to squeal in absolute delight.

"Oh my beautiful beautiful baby girl... you're a momma.....and they're absolutely adorable."

Rose walked over to her daughter and sat on the floor next to her bed and pressed a lingering kiss upon the top of her bed.

"You did so well and this is the best birthday ever. Rest my baby girl the babies will be fine."

She looked at the little ones with names already, and the new grandmother could not help but agree with her husband.

"I do not think that my birthday can get any better than this. Oh, she needs her rest and I do not know if I want to leave my baby's side."

She caressed Cynthia's head gently and leaned her back against the wall by the bed and just watch the little babies wiggle, sleep, and eat.

"We can spend the day here, no?" Rose was like a kid all over again and smitten.

"Most of it yes. But the girls have arranged an event for you. But also yes we can spend the morning coming up with names for our grandchildren. You and Cynthia like Francia, Medan, and Blossom. Tuchesi? Suggestions?"

The big wolf approached now, slow and cautious.

Cynthia's head came up, watching him narrowly, but allowed him to dip his head and sniff his children. Then he licked her jaw and muzzle, and lay down.

She released a breathe, and lay her head atop his.

Rallon chuckled. "Not helpful in the naming search Tuchesi but well done. You are not a monster. Alyssa dear snuggle your brother in law."

He leaned her against his neck, and she cooed and snuggled against both wolves, cooing softly.

Then she finally noticed the puppies and squealed.

"Yes darling. Big sister had her babies."

Alyssa gabbled happily, pressing against the wolves as she watched the little lumps.

Rallon drew Rose onto his lap on the floor, and wrapped his arms about her. "Alright. Back to names. I had three. At least three are your turn my love."

All felt right when Rallon joined her on the floor and she was encased in his arms.

The birthday girl was happy and looked at the fuzzy babies. Two girls and one boy had been named, leaving two girls and two boys to be named.

"This this black little cutie can be named Odessa and this vocal little boy can be Balin, what say you by sweet daughter?"

They were the most adorable little ones. As their little tummies ate they fell asleep. Occasionally their little limbs twitch in their sleep as the last two that needed to be named squeaked.

"What do you think Alyssa... what about this little determined wiggle worm with the plump little belly, how about we name you Hunter? Hm?"

This had clearly started off as the best birthday she'd ever had.

A soft hand pet Tuchesi's head as he laid down with the rest of his family.

"I need a portrait of this moment."

She turned and looked up at Rallon and snagged a sweet kiss. "We have grandchildren, my love."

The smile spoke volumes.

"There is one more little girl to be named."

Rose was hungry, but she pushed it aside while she could as she did not want to spoil this moment.

Alyssa marveled with her big beautiful eyes and little hands extended towards the babies.

He gave his bride a tight squeeze and another kiss, nuzzling into her.

"Perhaps she could be Lilah?"

He chuckled. "Nothing but flowers in this house."

He nibbled her brow. "Though I can't say I mind in the slightest."

The last name caused an 'awww' to escape Rose's lips and it was instantly approved.

"We should let her rest and I imagine Tuchesi might want to stay by her side."

Alyssa looked at her mommy as she was growing hungry and looked on the verge of vocally making it known to the entire room, but Rose picked up the wee one and fulfilled her adorable little needs and looked down at her daughter who feasted with gusto.

"Perhaps were should join the rest of the world and get some food in us as well. Mommy is quite hungry as well and Cynthia needs food brought up or she will never be able to get the strength back to take care of these adorable little babies."

It almost slipped her mind that today was her birthday and the girls were so proud of what they had put together.

The public announcements for Amelia's engagement were set for today as well and the number of gifts would come as a shock to Rose when she finally got around to them.

"Oh, Rallon... my love..." She pressed a lingering to his lips in a feeble form to convey just how happy she was.

"Well, let me get ready for the day. Cleaned up and dressed, as well as you my wee one. Though I will admittedly take my sweet time to milk every minute I can with my new grandchildren and the perfect eldest daughter I could ever ask for." Some would call the Lord and Lady of York mad for considering a dog for their child. Rose always chalked it up to envy ad thought Cynthia was no different than Alyssa.

"Can you help me up from the floor, my love. Little Lady Granger is voracious this morning."

Rallon cupped her waist and lifted her to her feet easily, taking a kiss as reward.

When she was dressed she found her husband, in rather simple attire, feeding Cynthia bacon. She had clearly been eating several as there were crumbs under her muzzle she had yet to hoover up.

Tuchesi was worrying a rather large breakfast ham, and all the pups were currently asleep.

Cynthia yowled at her, then resumed eating. "Yes of course. Happy Birthday my darling. Or Mom from your eldest."

She barked and licked his face then resumed eating.

Then had some water from a bowl he held under her nose.

Alyssa had secured some of Rose's hair and was cooing and giggling as she twisted and tugged at it.

Rallon rose as Cynthia finished off three large peices.

"Well thats that for now. "

Cynthia lapped up the crumbs, sniffed around, then flopped her head down with a huff.

And nearly fell asleep instantly.

Rallon smirked. "Get some rest sweet girl. You have had a busy morning. I promise you can see Mommy at her party later."

Cynthia growled, the sound fading as she dropped off to sleep.

Rallon took a sheet and lay it over her hip and the litter. Then pointed at Tuchesi. "You keep them safe and warm big boy."

Tuchesi stood, ham flopping in his fangs, and lay between the litter and Cynthia and the door, then resumed eating.

"Good. Shall we ladies?"

Rose laughed lightly as her husband helped her to her feet and enjoyed a momentary kiss.

"Thank you my sweet Cynthia," it felt like she wouldn't be able to stop smiling all day.

Seeing Cynthia and Tuchesi resting with their little ones, was so adorable and her husband looked as delectable as always.

Alyssa was loving the feel of her mother's hair and the smile on her mom's face caught a loud little laugh.

"We are ready."

It caused Rose to blush lightly when those that worked in their home wished their Lady a happy birthday and greeted her with smiles.

"This s truly going to be a long day, but I will love it."

A murmuring of many voices could be heard as they closed in on the dining hall.

Amelia was surrounded by her sisters and the second they walked in a mighty cheer of "happy birthday" rang out.

Thea walked up to Rose with a smile and the air of a young child feebly attempting to keep a secret.

"Good morning, ladies, and thank you. Your brother tells me that you put together something?"

Thea threw her brother an accusatory look like a leaked some information that he shouldn't have.

"That is all I know and I look forward to it, but we mustn't forget about Amelia's big day. I have butterflies for you, my dear."

Rallon ignored them sitting in his usual place, and drawing Rose onto his lap.

The Queen arrived and stole Alyssa once again.

And the range of gifts from the harem began. Starting with Tia and Fisher, who gave her a collection of books she and Tia both loved, as well as several story collections Tia had mentioned but were new in England. They also gave her a new bow, carved from yew and bearing her name, Alyssa's, her family crest, and decorated in her favorite colors.

The eldest cousins each gave her dresses, and head peices of gorgeous make, one made of jade the other of a dark red crystal.

She got decorative combs, a brushset, and all sorts of toys for the wolves and the litter from the servants.

And her sisters in law each gave her handmade items.

Amelia and the eldest trio had made her a gorgeous gown in her favorite colors and accents, and made it clear it was to be worn tonight.

The next three had made her a corsage, a headpiece, hairpins, Rallon a boutonnieres, and had made matching shoes for tonight.

The next three had made her a quilt, with the names of the entire family, images of the house, Tuchesi and Cynthia, Alyssa, and of course Rallon, and in the center a gorgeously detailed rose floating alone with a sword behind it, and a shield before it's stem, bearing her husband's crest, while the vines of the rose wrapped around it, mixing with the crest as his crest now included. His family symbol had been the gryphon's head and curl of wings, with crossed swords over it's head.

Rallon had had it altered so the swords were wrapped in rose vine, and a bouquet thereof rested where they crossed.

Looking she would note that the sword was his favorite sword, the distinctive pommel and hilt impossible to miss.

It had appearred at some point and he was now wearing it. The solid black ebony handle, woven with silver inlays, the Cynthia head hilt. And the rose red rubies that served as her eyes.

He had been urged to name it, but he had refused.

Thea approached now, with a small wooden box.

Rallon smirked. "A beautiful box little sister. I see you have worked hard on it."

She blushed, and hid a bandage on her left hand. Then opened it.

Inside were two wooden bracelets. They were rather plain in that they were only round and bore no carving, but they were perfectly round and incredibly smooth, speaking of constant shaping and sanding.

Rallon whistled. "Good Lord girl. This must have taken you ages. Very well done."

Thea blushed even deeper.

Rallon helped Rose slip them on.

They fit perfectly and were light and the smoothness was very soothing.

Rallon snagged Thea and hugged her with Rose. "Marvelous work Thea."

She found her voice. "I wanna add carvings to them when I am ready alright?"

Rallon smirked. "I think they are perfect now but it is between you and Rose. Thank you all. And well done to my sisters and cousins for these marvelous gifts."

Everyone applauded, making the twelve all blush.

Then someone spoke. "What about you Rallon?"

It was of course his father in law.

Rallon smiled. "I go last sir. I know you brought a gift. As did Her Majesty. And Malachite."

Who walked in the door, soaking wet. "It rained. Cousin! Happy Birthday."

And gestured as an cherry oak wardrobe was brought in. "I found it in that old house of mine. No idea why it was there but I want you to have it after all those memories of it. And even more so I also found this."

And in was brought her hope chest. Her cherry hopechest. A gorgeous legacy peice of furniture that had been made nearly two hundred years before.

It had vanished not long after Rallon had gone East.

And she had been told it had been destroyed. But here it was. In perfect condition.

Malachite gestured dismissively. "I also threw in some old books and other little knicks and things I have found."

This got him applause. And a towel.

Tony presented her with a case of a berry wine, a curved jeweled dagger, and the title to a ship he was bringing to harbor as soon as possible.

Robin and Marian stepped up and presented her with another hope chest, this one filled to bursting with clothing for Alyssa, and future children.

The other nobles had sent her gold, silver, candlesticks, furniture, a dozen horses, and she added another 50 acres to her personal estate.

The Queen stood now, and had both Rose and Rallon kneel before her, then gestured at Rallon.

He gave her his sword and she blessed them both.

Then named him Duke of York, and Rose Duchess of York.

And as such, in her husband's name, she ceded all unclaimed, unknown, or disputed land in Yorkshire, which commanded the entire north of England.

"I have here the documents, signed by my husband, to verify and cement this command. And thus it shall be."

She handed the order to Rallon. Then once more touched their shoulders with her blade. "I also name you to the Order of St. Augustine as my personal patrons. Now rise Duke and Duchess of York."

Rallon rose, assisting his bride, and the crowd cheered again.

The Queen sat, taking Alyssa back from Tia, and Rallon sheathed his blade.

Then came her parents. They had lovely and kind gifts. Like Malachite many were recently found lost items, and some of their own pieces they knew she had loved.

And a new bed for Alyssa when the time came.

But they also presented her with a stunning portrait of the three of them. Then another of just herself that she had never stood for, but captured her beauty wonderfully.

Rallon lead the applause at this. Then went still as they revealed a third.

Rose sitting before a standing Rallon, his right hand holding her left, his left on her neck and shoulder, and her right hand holding a distinctive pink rose bouquet.

It was Rallon now. And Rose now.

But the image was of a very differenr day. The day he had asked for her hand. And she had accepted.

Rallon began to applaud again. Then hugged and kissed his in laws after Rose got her turn.

Then he shifted so she was sitting alone as he went outside.

Then returned with a pair of chests under his arms.

He set them before her and flipped them open. Within was gold, silver, and jewels beyond counting.

"I recieved word that my lands in the East have been sold at an excellent price. This is for our family coffers."

He stepped outside again.

And returned with 5 men. "These are the best masons working on our castle. They have told me they are well ahead of schedule and wish to know what I want. I have given you the final say in what shall be included in our castle, and I am happy to say they have repaired the walls around our beloved city."

He smirked as many began to question the wisdom of this gift, and steppes out again.

And returned with two women.

Tia gasped seeing them.

Each knelt before Rose. And then explained. "Great Lady. We are Tsali and Tira. Tia's younger sisters. When she obeyed our master to come here she left not knowing what would become of our mother, father or us. But your husband has managed to secure us here."

Tia stood in shock as Rallon had vanished again, then walked in with a couple around the same age as his in laws, but the woman was clearly blind, while the man bore only a single leg.

She burst into tears and ran to hug them, crying their names, while they fell about her.

The girls continued. "Your husband has given us to your service, with the only command we obey you in all things. We tried to explain we are but slaves or servants but he would not hear of it. But still we happily pledge to serve you Great Lady. Thank you for bringing our family back together."

The old man pulled free of Tia, and showing great care, bowed to Rose, while his wife made grateful signs in her direction.

Rallon had vanished again.

And entered now with a long box.

He lay it on the table before her, then opened it.

To reveal a red bladed sword with a snow white hilt and a massive diamond pommel.

"Your sword my love."

He had offered to teach her the blade many times. And had teased her that she needed a distinctive blade. Specifically red.

The box also head a dagger made in the same style and color.

While she was staring at this Rallon vanished once again. Then entered bearing a chair. A chair she knew had been destroyed.

James had carved it for her by hand over many years.

Rallon set it before her, allowing her to see that it a perfect recreation. Save one addition. On the back was a memorial carving for James.

While she was taking all this in her husband had vanished. Then returned once again.

He was holding only one thing. A bouquet of pink flowers.

He knelt before her and grinned. "Hello. I am Rallon Granger. And you are the most beautiful and wonderful lady I have ever met. Will you spend the rest of eternity with me?"

Her mother, his eldee sisters, and a few others in the know began to weep as he recreated the moment he had asked her.

Then as she took the bouquet his grin widened and he spoke softly. Just for her. "Hiya. I'm Rallon. Wanna be friends?"

And held out a small hot bun of sweetbread.

Exacrly what he had said, and done, the very first time they had met when they were still but children.

His eyes glowed as he watched her, waiting for the answer.

Rose was excited right off the bat when her friends gave her a slew of books that she and her best friend were enamored with. The bow left her in visible shock. Delicately did she admire the personalization of one of her favorite ways to pass time since she was a young girl. Hugs and thanks were abundant, and it was only the beginning.

Jessica and Lilah were given hugs and kisses and Rose praised just how great their taste was. The headpieces were gorgeous and already she could not wait to wear them.

To say that she felt so blessed would have been a massive understatement. The servants were a true surprise. Sure, she knew that they were appreciative of the people that they worked for, but they showed her so much love in the thought that was put into the gifts presented.

The royal blue dress accented with silver was stunning beyond words. When instructed that it was to be worn that night, the smile upon the birthday girl's countenance did not budge. The dress was beautiful and elegant. Blue and silver were her favorite colors and quite frequently did Rallon call her his moon and stars.

All that came with it, made for a gorgeous dress for such an occasion.

The quilt was adorable and she had to take in every detail and it was noted how she lingered at the family crest. She noticed the difference made each girl give her a hug and gave them a kiss of thanks.

When Thea approached the wooden box was presented and, at first, Rose thought that it was a gift since it looked so well made, but the craftsmanship of the bracelets within did not go unnoticed. "Remarkably smooth. Rose hugged Thea so tight as she spoke about the carvings. "I look forward to that." Releasing the young one to join her sisters.

Rose laughed as her cousin made his appearance looking drenched from head to toe. "Thank you, cousin!" Her face was as vibrant as ever with genuine glee from simply having everyone together.

His offerings had her curious as she did recall seeing this very wardrobe whenever she visited his house. It was very old and had the most beautiful designs on it. The hope chest made her gasp with hands over her mouth. "I have so many questions, but thank you Malachite!" His half-smile had her rolling her eyes at the man before Tony was next.

Rose expected no less of Tony and she promised the kind man a dance at tonight's festivities after thanking him for the gifts.

The hope chest for Alyssa from Marian and Robin had her squealing in delight as she went through the most adorable clothes and could already spot some that Rallon might make disappear, but they were so cute!

Her Majesty surely surprised Rose by naming them the Duke and Duchess of York. It made her wonder what poor John would like, as she had an inkling that he might have no idea.

"I am truly Honored, Your Highness," Rose uttered as Alyssa was happy to be back with the Queen and her decorative accessories.

Her parents brought back memories with items and the bed was cute, but the portraits commanded attention, and the last one revealed had her fighting back a tear. "My love." Lady Rose loved her parents dearly and ensnared them both in a lengthy hug.

AS Rallon left her side she grew very curious. The coffers filled with such riches was very much a surprise. Giving her the final say in castle details was sweet. "Oh my goodness... he has more?"

"Oh you might want to get comfortable. I assume he somehow has the world to present to you," Amelia jest with a laugh and a smile.

Two women appeared and kneeled before Rose and listened to Rallon, the look of shock was clear as Tia gasped with clearly a hint as to who they were and then all was revealed.

"Oh! Oh my goodness! Yes! Welcome!" This was so much and Tia's tears were practically contagious as Lady Granger tried to compose herself while watching the family reunion with David being adorably introduced.

Rose looked to find her husband had disappeared once more and a hand was placed over her heart. "I am not sure how much more I can take. This is all amazing."

The long box was opened and Rose had to stand up and admire a sword that even her imagination had never done any justice for. It was breathtakingly gorgeous.

Her husband's return caught her attention once more and now she nearly cried. Anyone who knew would know why she was going to cherish this chair for the rest of her days and turn it into a family heirloom. "Oh James..." Tears were blinked back while she smiled at the added detail of James Granger, her favorite and only brother.

Rallon returned once again and the flowers made her smile shine so bright as anytime she saw pink roses it reminded her of the day he asked for her had. "Yes, Rallon Granger. I would love to." When she head the other words whispered in her ear, she looked down at his hand and took the sweetbread and split it in half as she had that same day and presented him with the other half. "Sure, lets be friends."

There were more tears from every corner of the room. Some of the girls were sobbing from the stool with James, Tia and her family were having the most heartfelt moment, and her parents were just beside themselves at the happiness that their daughter had found.

Rose ended up hugging her husband and sharing a kiss with him. "This is the best birthday I have ever had." She looked out to everyone while still hugging her husband. "Thank you all so much and I look forward to what is in store. Oh my goodness! Everyone sit and get comfortable. Let us eat and I mean everyone." The birthday girl looked over at Tia's family in particular and let them know early that they were a part of this family as well.

Then two servants brought in Cynthia on a sledge, with her pups and Tuchesi.

Rallon silenced everyone.

"Ok wolf. You're here. What did you have to say?"

Cynthia huffed and was slid closer.

Then she seized Rose's hand with her teeth, cradling it softly. Then released, and gave a long howl.

Tuchesi joined her.

She then licked Rose's hand and Rallon had them drawn back out and let everyone resume speaking as he explained. "She wanted to say it in public. Happy birthday my love."

After eating the girls stole Rose and got her into their room to get her dressed.

Her mother was also recruited to help style her hair.

Thea helped with her nails, getting them shiney with a brush. "Rallon is getting pretty too."

They got her into her nee gown, the matching shoes and jewels, and matching headpiece.

Alyssa watched from the Queen's arms, then was surprised to find she also had a matching outfit.

But the Queen was not about to give her up.

And Alyssa was quite happy cuddling with her as well, especially as the queen kept letting her play with her dress and jewelry, but careful not to let her put any in her mouth.

Marian also helped, as much as she could around her own swollen belly, while Tia had been banned to spend time with her family.

All of them were still wondering how he had managed that.

The Queen was playing a game with Alyssa when Tia came in and waved down the cries against her presence. "I know I know. And I won't be staying. My Lord...the Duke of York has a request for you my lady. When you are prepared will you join him in the ballroom please?"

Her face was flushed and her eyes puffy but she was so clearly happy.

Seeing her darling daughter Cynthia and her grandchildren was the icing on the cake.

"Thank you my precious precious Cynthia," she uttered before Rose was taken by the girls and dressed up in the gifts given to her.

The girls kept Rose from seeing herself until everything was in place.

Her mother made such a nostalgic moment as she took the time to pin her daughter's hair here and there and left lovely tresses to cascade down with star and moon-shaped pins dotting her crown.

Alyssa was absolutely adorable in her dress and the young one was happy when her aunts were done dressing her up.

It was a surprise when Tia revealed herself and many tried to shoo her before the message could be passed on.

It was sweet to see her dear friend as happy as she was after having been reunited with her family.

There was certainly going to be a slew of questions for Rallon when this occasion died down.

"Yes, I will join him," Rose could never say no to her sweet husband.

The shoes were comfortable, but the dress was quite a sight in her eyes.

Butterflies danced in her belly and it was a familiar feeling of nostalgia with Rallon in their much younger days.

This man swept her off of her feet and already helped orchestrate a birthday she felt like a dream come true.

A deep breath had to be taken as she walked the short hall towards the large arched doors that were closed with guards who smile at their Lady as she approached.

It seemed that the atmosphere was contagious and the doors to the ballroom were opened as she braced for what her husband had in store, as the man had been full of surprises since she woke up.

Rallon was in a magnificent suit, whose colors matched her dress.

It folded and bent precisely how she preferred his clothing look, and was clearly quite comfortable.

He was smiling as he saw her as behind him a proud march began to play, and all their friends and guests began to sing for her.

Rallon offered his hand and twirled her into a dance, finishing with a dip as the song ended with applause, a pair of squeals, two howls, and seven tiny but distinctive squeaks.

"Happy Birthday my darling."

Then he kissed her, long and deep, before risint and leading her into a more gentle waltz, letting her acclimate as those in attendance silently toasted her.

"I do hope you don't expect such an array next year. I plan to have a grand event each time but I can't promise puppies, proposals, and family reunions. Especially as not even the Pope could make me leave your side again."

He softly kissed her neck as they swayed together.

The surprise was written clear across her face as she admired just how handsome her husband's looked.

Everyone singing caused her to blush, but Rallon distracted her with a dance and a kiss that made her see stars and laugh lightly.

This day had been a success and she truly thought that it could get no better than this.

The dance was inviting and dancing with her beloved chased the butterflies away.

"This was an amazing day, and I could not stop smiling if I wanted to."

The kisses upon her neck made her body tingle.

"You., my love, have so much explaining to do." Lightly she chucked.

"I have everything that I could ever want and it would not have been possible with you."

Another kiss was needed and the cheers caught her attention once more.

"Well... I did think of one thing that I would love to have..." Judging by the tell-tale sign of her biting her lower lip and the smoldering look in her eyes, what she wanted was well within reach.

"However, I must be a good girl and we must wait, for what feels like forever, before I can savor you how I desire."

More guests arrived and Amelia scurrying across the room caught the attention of Lady Rose.

What followed was the most impressive mustache that the Lady had ever beheld. "Greyson's uncle that spoke of, I assume? Haversham Hereford, was it? A magnificent mustache indeed, my love. You were not exaggerating."

Viscount Klaus Hereford and his second wife Viscountess Savanah were politely greeted by Amelia and waited on the side with a small and ornate wooden box that Greyson seemed to be speaking to his stepmother over while his younger stepbrother entered dawning a very... colorful... attire.

Greyson help onto Amelia's hand and stood at her side as his parents spoke. The young lad kissed Amelia's hand as a sigh followed suit.

"Greyson has learned much about my sister and has met her, I assure you the gift will be fine." The young woman could be heard reassuringly.

Rose heard this and tried to hide her laughter when the music ended. "Let us greet our guests. I am eager."

"Lovely to finally make you acquaintance Lady Granger," Klaus and Savannah bowed and their son Meyers did so, though very late.

"We brought a gift for the Lady on behalf of our family and do hope that you enjoy it," Greyson said with a confident smile while still holding onto Amelia's hand for reassurance.

The box was opened to reveal an ornate set of hairpins adorned with thorned roses, with edges that could be utilized in another manner.

"Oh, they are gorgeous!" Rose admitted with an open appreciation.

"I am yours anytime you like my love. The moment it is safe you may command me to our rooms, or elsewhere, for a week or more if you wish."

His own eyes flashed, making it clear he craved her just as strongly.

Then came the new guests.

"They are indeed lovely thank you for your kindness to my bride. Welcome to our home. As you can see Rose has striven greatly to make it lovely and comfortable."

He flicked an eye toward his sister, who was looking nervous.

"Pardon me."

He kissed Rose's cheek, then went to speak to his sister.

Back
Top Bottom