The Fourth Quarter Quell (Naomi David and Mercenary)

"Well, at least it's not wet and moldy." Thal said, shrugging. A growl came from his stomach, and he wished that the hour would go by faster so he could eat.

Shira smiled, and she spoke,"Come along, and watch me throw tridents and spears!" Shira alternatively threw them, and she threw them in specific areas, kill areas, such as the head, the chest, parts of the legs...

Thaldecuded to do as she asked, having nothing better to do. Watching Shira throw spears and tridents wasn't the most gun ting, though he had to admit she was good. And it beat doing nothing.

"Now, Thal, can you give them a demonstration, after all, we all may learn something new!" Shira brightly spoke. And it was impossible to say no to the bright, smiling faces of the twins.

Thal looked at Shira, then at the twins, and sighed, rolling his eyes. "Fine." he muttered, walking over to a weapons rack. He grabbed a spear and walked back over, facing the dummy. Thal gripped the shaft of the weapon in his hand and lifted it so the point was horizontal in the air and facing his target. He took a step forward and threw his arm forward as he released the spear. It struck the dummy in the forehead and went halfway through the faintly person-looking target. "There." He Sid, turning back around to face them. He slapped his hands to fetcher like he was dusting them off.

The twins were impressed, the spear had driven farther into the dummy than Shira had managed. She gave him a pretty smile, and she spoke,"I think you've impressed them."

"That's too bad." Hecsaid, smirking at her. "I was trying to impress you." Thal said almost suggestively. It was a joke to him, though it may not have sounded like one to Shira.

Thal was a little surprised when she answered just as well. She was joking too, right? Probably, yeah. "Oh? Well then you'd better be on guard." Thal said, grinning.

Shira looked longingly at the fresh paints and pigments that were waiting at the camouflage table, she very much so loved the arts. She knew what she would do to blow all of the competition out of the water. Shoot out the lights. Terrorise the Gamemakers. While they worked to get the power back on, she would very much so shame them.

Thal watched her gaze, following it to the table. "What, are you into camouflage that much?" He asked, looking between Shira and the table.

"I like painting, art... But if I must camouflage, I prefer to hide in the shadows, and strike from there. I do my best camouflage with sea plants and sea life..." Shira replied, she was smiling as she spoke.

"Well, if it's not carving, I'm not really the best artist." Thal said, looking at her. "You sole a lot, especially for someone in your situation, you know that?" he told her.

"It's easier to smile than it is to frown." Shira replied simply, and she spoke,"Well,Going to show me how to make a knife out of bark?"

"Alright. Over to the tree then, I guess." Thal said. He picked up an actual knife on the way over. "Now you don't really need a knife, you can just use a rock. But the knife makes it faster and easier. But I guess It's kind of unnecessary if you already have a knife." He told them as they walked. "And these knives aren't the most durable, but the better you make them, the longer they last. Especially if made from good wood." he added.

The twins hung onto every word, just in case they had the misfortune of going out into the Arena. Shira also listened carefully, just in case she needed all of this knowledge. She spoke,"Good woods like oak? Or pine? Or evergreen?"

"Yes. he confirmed, looking at her. "You know more about wood than meats the eye." he said before they kept walking. Now if you had a rock, you'd probably have to chip the knife out. But with an actual knife you can just carve it out." He told them, demonstrating in the tree. "Then you whittle it down until its sharp. But make sure you're in a secure location, because this can take a decent amount of time" Thal added.

"Evergreen trees are pretty. Pine trees produce pinecones. Oak trees have this proud look to them." Shira replied simply, indeed implying she knew enough about wood, but she wasn't saying everything about her knowledge. She looked impressed at the carved knife, and she spoke,"Of course, of course! And drift wood burns a very pretty color." She was a very clever person, and she studied everything, knowing that it seemed useless at the moment, it would possibly save her life one day.

Thal just gave her a glancing look on that last comment. She seemed like a tree enthusiast, and it was almost weird. Thal knew that what she said was true, but she was from a fishing district, and he was the one from the tree district. He should actually know these. How she did, he could only assume. Probably had to do with the previous hunger games. But lucky enough for him, the knife carving had taken a good amount of time. He looked up at the clock, which said 11:46. "Well, I guess we should start heading to lunch." he stated.

Shira spoke,"Very beautiful knife, I think. I have always respected the woodworkers, since it requires a certain amount of strength and patience to make things out of wood, like boats and toys and all the fun stuff." She smiled when he mentioned it was almost lunch time, and she spoke,"Yes, we shall, it is eating time."

"Or whatever the capitol wants." Thal muttered. He began walking to the exist, going slow enough for Shira and the twins to easily catch up.

"Yes, what ever the Capitol wants." Shira replied, she had very keen hearing, and spoke so low so only he could hear. Well, all of her senses were very keen, then again, it was a kill or be killed world. They all followed him...

Soon enough lunch was being served and Thal was one of the first to start eating. He couldn't get enough if this Capitol food, it was so good!

Everybody was eating well, Capitol food was indeed very good, but it was clear that while everybody was eating, all of the tributes and victors were subtly watching each other, checking for certain behaviors, anything that would help in the Arena.

Back
Top Bottom