The End Has Arrived (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

"Daisuki desu." She smiled and kissed him, pulling him close and nuzzling his neck affectionately.

Kairi closed her eyes and rested her head against Tesla's chest, drifting off to sleep.

((What shall we do now~?))

(( :3 ))

Tesla stood at the door, taking a sheet of paper from Ryuumaru before nodding and closing the door, moving to sit down as he read the paper

Kairi was bringing a box back from the front, expanding her company slightly by traveling to the next town to take care of the elderly every other week. Her hair was pulled back in a small bun, looking over to Tesla. "What's that?" She asked, setting the box down on the ground.

Kairi frowned softly, cutting the box open carefully with scissors. "Be careful, okay..?" She moved over kissing his cheek.

Kohaku nodded, looking up from sharpening his blade. Kairi watched Tesla leave, waving him off, then going back inside and finishing unpacking and packing rations.

Kairi packed the last of the bags and looked to Kohaku. "Are you training today?" Kohaku shook his head. "You gonna wait til Tesla comes back?" He nodded, then made a face and shook his head. "I get it." Kairi said, seeing the slightly frustrated look on his face, being unable to talk.

((So what's gonna happen to Tessie~?))

((You'll see~))

A month went by, then two, then three. Tesla kept in touch with his soul phone so Kairi wouldn't come looking for him. He had managed to kill one of the Adjucas, but was having trouble finding the other.

((Is he gonna bathe in the blood of virgins and kick ass~?))

Kairi went about her duties, bouncing from town to town to keep some coin rolling in so she could pay Bunko until Tesla returned from his job, always keeping her soul phone with her. Kohaku watched the shop while she traveled and had her train with him to make sure she could defend herself against thugs and slave traders when in the desert.

Kairi was pulling out the lockbox, not meeting Bunko's eyes as she opened the metal box and counted out the money she had to fork over for rent. "He's doing okay... Says things are going well, but things are taking a bit longer than he thought... He sends me a message every night to let me know how things are progressing."

"That's good..." She answered, "Listen...about the punishments and all that...I'm genuinely sorry...but I had to enforce the rules..." She frowned, "Ichi is a bit rough, and I apologize for her...but rules are rules.."

Kairi glanced up, finishing counting out the money and pushing it across the desk to Bunko, her back aching even now. "It's okay... I understand." She said softly, putting te remaining money back I to the box and locking it before stashing it under the desk.

Bunko took it and only took a few bills before giving the rest back, "Here...since Tesla isn't back yet and you need this more than the guild does.."

Kairi bowed her head and took the money. "Arigatou." She said, putting the money away. "Is there anything you need, Bunko-dana?"

Back
Top Bottom